How the fuck do i do joint security headquaters without stealth

how the fuck do i do joint security headquaters without stealth

Attached: Underrail Expedition.jpg (1280x720, 203K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RDjBHQZ3kp4
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mercantile
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heavyweight
youtube.com/watch?v=gbWLTHciLzU
youtube.com/watch?v=JrLyrEPzrpc&t
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hammerbros report in

Installing the game now. Any tips for a first time player?

do not be afraid to reroll your character if you feel like you fucked up
everything up until depot A is the tutorial
use absolutely everything at your disposal to win fights there is no such thing as cheese

go west, open the gate to the south, then the gate to the west, then close it before they come in, then check the containers you find in there

Thanks. Do you have a recommendation for oddity/classic?

Best amour type for a shotgun/tm build? I am super squishy and was thinking of going for the Ol antirifle vest again

oddity is how the game intended to be played by the developer
it rewards exploration with experience
classic is just grinding on enemies
oddity is more fun your first time through imo

Besides what says
Play on normal difficulty
Jack of all trades usually get shit on, instead focus and commit to certain strenghts and skills of your build and try to complement it somehow
Ask for advice if needed
What you got in mind?

Oddity is different from the rest of RPGs
Classic is more of the same

Recommended Oddity for the novelty

>Give the CAU mutagen I already had
>"Haha, what else do you have on you?"
>Nervous sweating

Attached: n-no.png (999x648, 427K)

Awesome. Oddity did sound more interesting, but I was worried it might not be balanced, or that it might be a long time before I get EXP.

How do I get quests from the oligarchs through the arena? I became invictus and I dont have any new dialog options with Simmons

Did you directly asked them to give you a job?

oh boy, another typo to report

if you can talk to simmons, you've already done it

>lunatic pyros are immune to fire
>lunatic chillers aren't immune to cold
hmm

Once the expedition is over, does your footlocker really disappear? I stored a lot of shit there, I don't know if my jetski can handle it

I'm working for Coretech and already did Harlan's quests

I can talk to him but haven't started any quests with him

no you definitely started the quest then

Once working for a faction you cannot work for the others

>I'm working for Coretech and already did Harlan's quests
Harlan should direct you to Simmons after you finish the warehouse quest

Yeah it goes bye bye.

wait WHAT

Attached: 1557241039649.png (405x400, 151K)

That's what you get for not siding with the pirates

some guy outside the arena should have told you they want to see you when you won enough matches

yeah well maybe if they agreed to my initial terms I wouldn't have had to shoot them all

fugg

youtube.com/watch?v=RDjBHQZ3kp4

Attached: Untitled.png (1366x768, 941K)

no fucking idea what are you talkign about
i did the bit with the spiders and strongmen then got to the office turned off cameras and turrets got through nagas and now i am stuck in the first room with 4 strongmen and i have no idea where are my items

can you get underpie before depot A

What's that thing called that's like a haxxor but better?

I remember it from my first playthrough, but I can't remember what it's called

I guess you're just too dumb, user.

you can get it right at the start of the game, either from arlene or from the kitchen behind her

What level should I be before I start the expedition content?

huxkey?

I wanted to side with the pirates, but not without looking inside their base first to see if it's cooler than the Aegis camp, but they won't let me inside unless I join them

15+

Everyone told me level 15, but I think I got memed because I felt under-levelled for it, so I would say around 18-20 (you can go back and forth between the DLC and the main Underrail area though)

Not lying bre

He did. Simmons said something about how cool it would be to have the Invictus working for him. Now all he says is "what do you have for me" with no dialog option.

I genuinally dont know what you're pulling off, and/or how you do it, but I'm impressed
What are your shenanigans about?

>step into Rail Crossing's train depot
>suddenly, THAT track
Goddamn I wish the game had more music like this and the Protectorate theme.

Attached: 1473670154280.jpg (852x867, 129K)

>Now all he says is "what do you have for me" with no dialog option.
Have you found Cornell and the Acid Hunters yet?

ah yeah, that's the one

Well, Expedition is over, it was fun, except the fucking locusts and the natives, to a degree. For a future playthrough, how easy is to genocide them as a pure psi?

im repeatedly reloading and re-killing this one siphoner until he drops a hide that i can actually use

what's the point of the underpie really? it's not that much of a buff

why didnt you savescum it

This is quite literally what I did. Nikolai won't let Jarek and Nicholas surpass him in being a bare-handed badass.

Attached: 20190813095951_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

well sometimes its exactly what you need to craft something or pass a stat check

Because I assumed I'd be allowed in even if I didn't agree to join them as long as I kept on friendly terms

who tactical tyranny here

are throwing knives any good?

no

but the poisons

what about with the feats

maybe in the next DLC if at all
or mods if at all

Dun, dun dun, dun-dun
Dun, dun dun, dun-dun
Dun, dun dun, dun-dun
Dun, dun dun, dun-dun
*Synchronized goose step*
*Unintelligible gibberish on a speaker*

Before you can work with Simmons you also need to know about Acid Hunters, usually through your actions with the faceless either at Rail Crossing or Foundry

yes. fatal throw, ripper, hypertoxicity. stack dex and throwing. surprisingly good, don't get going until around 10 though. with caltrops, beartraps, nets it's a very fun way to play. grenades are cheap.

Yes but only vs unarmored people and critters
You will have a bad time vs tin cans and robots

Should have dropped all your loot on the floor m8s.

That's the stuff, right there.

Will there actually be a new expansion? I hope there is but it might not be profitable so long after release
>Tfw no NORF expansion
>Tfw no hyper advanced VR
>Tfw no techno weebs

What stats should I be pumping as a shotgunner? Just per?

I'm definitely feeling shotguns for my next run, but do I focus on them or throw in a few feats for sniper rifles too?

other stats don't affect shotgunning itself, so you decide

Mostly PER
1 point in STR can help
INT for crafting
The rest on CON

is there even a reason to go to this area?
I've only went there once on one of my runs and I don't remember finding any keys or anything
all my other passes through depot A I just ignored this area

Attached: file.png (800x384, 258K)

Bros, I just figured out the mutagen puzzle with no help. Please clap.

Yeah but per increases guns which increases damage, but yeah I see your point.

Theres a computer on east side that unlocks the door in the underground bit

Whats the highest persuasion check in the game? Want to know where I can stop putting points. Or would intimidate be better?

*Clap*

Is metal man shotgunner a good idea or just stick with tac vests/leather?

115, you can combine it with mercantile to become a big dick merchant king chad

Im at the gas the drones protectorate quest and cant find the mutagen D5 in the bunker. I cleared the bunker many hours before I even got the quest and now every container in the bunker is empty and I dont have the mutagen d5 in my inventory. Fuck. I just want to gas the drones.

Persuasion is more useful

Attached: cloackingdevice.jpg (301x525, 63K)

good job, you are a certified not brainlet

does the mercantile related feat increase how much money vendors have, or does it only increase how many items they are willing to buy

Tin can here
Metal armor will give you chad mechanic resistances that will make you shrug off bullets and many other threads.
However, given you dont get any MP whatsoever you will be exposed to anything that is not mechanical damage based, as you barely can move
Fire is the less of your problems, acid is not that much of a trouble if you got Sure Step and high CON/resistance feats to endure acid damage, but electricity, plasma, bio, and worse of all, though control Psykers will fuck your shit up

Think well what you will do

it's what I'm doing - it's ok, I found it a very rocky start getting ammo while being a poorfag. metal armour is pretty based in depot A

bear in mind strength requirements for metal armour and full auto if you want that, and sprint requires agility and shit. so you might think you're just going to be all about con and per and then end up with pretty rounded stats

I've noticed saving the game is a bit slow for me now
Are there any issues with save bloat or something?

I have a relatively high end machine and I've noticed as my playtime has crept up, so too has the initial boot up of the game and transition between grids. I'll wait a good 3 - 4 mins to the the main menu when I boot up.

Any glaring flaws with this shotgunnery build?

Attached: shotgunnery.jpg (1916x935, 278K)

Oh yes, I can feel the build starting to take off now. Combo is so fucking good with bare hands, holy shit.

yes you should delete your old saves periodically if you make a lot
look at the size of Underrail's save folder, its probably over 1GB, the things are fucking huge which is what makes it start to take forever
I start deleting some when I get more than ~10-15

>enter the Gray Army base
>something resembling a Susumu Hirasawa track starts playing

Attached: 1535102987270.jpg (600x769, 224K)

Post your current builds.

Attached: 20190813110934_1.jpg (1920x1080, 426K)

makes me think back on my one and only run where I played a juggernaut/full auto/sure step/thick skull monstrosity. I would take turret fire on the chin by the end of Depot A. I was so dedicated to my tin can and my assault rifle that I never even picked up a sniper rifle. And where it all ended up going wrong in the end was not in being able to dish out the damage against a single target but in crowd-controlling mobs of psykers. Instead of zone-switching to tackle the lunatics I just quit because I was so used to doing every dungeon and every fight in a single go from back from the old days.

Based unarmed chad

Are human brains good for something?

>2 Rathound regalias
Nani?

Should i sell bullet shells for almost nothing or try to craft the bullets first

damn right, can't wait to get taste for blood on this boi

Attached: 20190813110038_1.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

no

you get one for helping the incel kidnap sabrina and another from looting said incel's burning corpse

When does crafting actually gets worth it? The stuff i can make is always shit compared to what i find in the world

mid-game

Early game if you find good enough materials that aren't above your level. Hell, taser alone is probably enough to make it priceless.

You sure you're not just using garbage quality components?

Why have 2 tho?

to sell the other when i get to a merchant who wants it

You need one to wear whilst the other is in the wash

I've got to hand it to Styg tho - just trudging over all the mines in your can and going toe to toe with crawlers before chucking a flare and burst firing them to oblivion is the most fun I've had in an RPG, even tho UR favours psykers and stealthers.

There are shotguns? DLC only? I've just gotten to Core city and haven't seen one yet

they are DLC only

How is playing a straight up stealth/trap/ambush character with no psi?

>Brutal rathound king, killing men by the dozens and surrounded by feral rathounds in the wild
>Patiently awaits for his regalia to finish washing, staring at the washer for several minutes in monotony, and his rathounds too

They are in the base game as well.

>Find Newton second quest
>Azuridae rapes me
This is such slog.

>That said, one more note about the criticism: I think it should be taken pretty seriously. If the core fanbase of the game in this forum [rpg codex] is kinda pissed, imagine the casuals. I've encouraged several casual friends to buy and get into the game when Expedition came out. I can only imagine how they'll react to the expansion...
ayy
one day codex will have an existential crisis and I can't wait for it

i'm going to fucking kill myself

crossbow/knife/stealth/assassin/grenadier/lowkey-trapper builds are strong but they sacrifice a bit on the misc skills side of things for their versatility in combat

snoiper is fun

Nikolai cannot abide bitch ass anarchists without style.

Attached: 20190813112425_1.jpg (1920x1080, 392K)

I have found shotguns and shotgun related shit in the base game, there is even a new unique one in DC.

based

do you own the expansion user

Only if dlc is installed.

>Will there actually be a new expansion?
At least one more, but it won't be North Underrail.

oddity is (to me atlest) more balanced, but almost required is some degree of lockpicking and hacking, as some oddities are hidden in locked lockers

Just the latter, although expedition adds a new feat that does the former.

'twill be the Jade Town expansion wharr every last lubber will be yapping alike a true salty dog, yarr

If I buy the DLC now, do I have to make a new save?

You can give one suit to someone in Expedition.

here's a list of who sells / cheaper etc depending on what merchant skill lvl u r underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Mercantile

Nah, it works with any save no matter how old.

Any tips to reach Nexus of Technology on K7 in Expedition DLC?
I tried to circle it by the west but it looks like a dead end.
Did I miss something?

Go east through the caves

other way around, have fun

Do void creatures drop any oddities?

>buy molotovs
>throw molotovs
>laugh
quest is cake

Nope.

Can I do anything with this freaky Zlatortiya moon currency?

I only work with the drones because I hate the protectorate more.

Attached: 1520816362496.png (218x220, 95K)

Holy SHIT. That Nexus of Technology puzzle was so sick.
Took me two hours to solve with a friend who's never seen the game before but it was worth it

Go talk to Kokashka in the Drone base, he'll trade charons for them.

>the game contains a batshit insane music puzzle, allusions to chemistry, biology, metallurgy, some really good dialogues about politics and an exploration of a buddhism-like philosophy with a local sailor
Who the fuck wrote this game

>in the drone base
oh, haha

Some autistic slav who posts on 4chin and RPG Codex

>Kokashka
Really, Styg?
Kakashka is russian for a "piece of shit".

Attached: 1551895306607.jpg (480x480, 107K)

it's really cool, I like how the developers are polymaths.

What if he's a mutated mess right now?

armourbros, are metal plate reinforcements for metal armour and boots supposed to be awful? they seem to just add like 1/1% and send your penalty right down the toilet

It's amazing.

Does he actually give any background info on who the Gray Army are and where the fuck they came from?

Were the Gray Army in another dimension or somewhere else in Underrail?
Were they more from Atlantis?

I just bought and downloading, spoonfeed me a fun build with all the stats and crap, I'm a retard for thinking builds up. I like speechcraft, pistols some lockpicking maybe? Help

>and send your penalty right down the toilet
Dont use metal armor if you're not willing to play at 95% AP.

Tin cans get used to that and play around it.

They are in west underrail

Never been to the Drone base, but there's a few refugees in the Drop Zone with similiar name pattern who are saying there's a war to the south.

He is from West Underrail and tells you quite a lot about it. Though most of it is not new, it was added something like 1-2 years ago.

Sick man, i'm actually still on my first character / build without ever re-rolling, so wanted to see if I can finish the game

Tichrome and supersteel have less armor penalty. And there is a feat that reduces the penalty for crafted armor.

His home is way out to the west, he talks about his home like it's an actual country and all the stations are little states within it. Everyone is made to serve in the army, their leader is a guy with a big mustache and is a big alpha male, and everyone works toward bettering the state. Women are delegated to house work and breeding, men fight and work in factories and farms. He also has an AK-47, and your character can't figure out that the stock is made of wood because he's never seen wood before.

If you show up wearing a grey uniform he'll tell you to take it off because it's disrespectful to impersonate a grey soldier.

Also, when you're over there, if you have a high enough persuasion you can just wear a grey uniform and walk around faking you have a scratchy throat and keep coughing when they talk to you.

Attached: 1564152864694.png (200x209, 15K)

If you want a tanking build you want higher armor penalties. There's a perk that rewards you for it.

>He also has an AK-47, and your character can't figure out that the stock is made of wood because he's never seen wood before.
There's wooden beams holding up the Foundry mine though

why not? it feels like really good armour without using the extra plates, and boot springs are alright

definitely going for those, but I'm not late game enough

does not seem worth

>why not? it feels like really good armour without using the extra plates, and boot springs are alright
Because the sturdiest of armours are quite heavy and have 95%.
You sacrifice mobility for protection, that's the deal with metal armor.
If you want to retain some mobility, craft yourself a tac vest or a riot gear.

>does not seem worth
If you're a metal armor wearing melee character it absolutely is.
underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Heavyweight

those are rusted I-beams dumb zoner

>Who the fuck wrote this game

some dude who never acquired the use of English articles or a vocabulary of basic set-phrases...but he did an alright job of it

unarmed with metal armour sounds baller

this feels like it's massively better than medium armour. medium armour feels like it's shit but supposedly redeemed by gimmicks

youtube.com/watch?v=gbWLTHciLzU

Attached: Untitled2.png (1366x768, 781K)

Then make your decision.
Are you willing to sacrifice mobility for protection?
You cannot be the tortoise and the hare at the same time.

>enter the Core City for the first time
>trying to find a shop, any shop
>the first door I open poured a dozen gangsters all over me
Oh come on now.

>Bodies floating in the void and noclipping through walls

>the difference between the standard and extended Coretech shop list
jesus fuck Mercantile is good

What to do with Todd? Only choice to give him to the professor?

well from what you guys are saying, I'm right and this stuff is only redeemed by getting weird feats - none of which apply to my guy

Or Ferryman.

>this stuff is only redeemed by getting weird feats
Only for the ones that cannot live without MP points.
Psychokinesis sync well with tin cans too

the shops are all pretty obvious and mostly on one level
they'll have big signs

I gave him to professor since the poor soul deserves some compensation out of the whole ordeal and i'm not giving him an Acorn

Prof or Ferryman. Make your choice.

why doesn't heavyweight work with spears, again? is it because they'd actually be decent?

I thought that clean-looking building was obvious enough...

He should be happy, I gave them a Naga Protector.
But they left it on the beach.

your language is incomplete

how the hell do you give them a naga protector?

As it happens, I'm Slovenian. But I could still point out thousands of errors in Underrail's script that jumped out at me every time around, despite the game's English being well above Atom RPG and Pathfinder's.

Need some advice from our daily seasoned veterans.
I've played a fair bit myself so I'm not exactly new to the game but I am indecisive and I've been thinking about how to order my next few feats for quite some time and still can't figure out an optimal path.

I'm currently playing a pistol build, because pistols are consistently touted as being the worst weapon type.
Anyway, I'm level 12 now currently (playing hard mode) and I've had a rather comfortable ride through the game thus far, unironically the only '''''''''difficult'''''''''' part was the rescue fucking Newton quest because you have very little to deal with the psi beetles effectively, so I just chose to grenade them.

The build I have is in pic related of course, I've got a spare feat for this level too.
I'll straight up say the feats I'm looking at.

>Expertise
>Opportunist (and if I get this it's to head towards the Execute feat at level 14 perhaps)
>Recklessness (I know this is kind of anti-synergistic with Expertise, in a way anyway, but I don't know if I'll be needing to rely more on crits with pistols as the game progressess)
>Point Shot

It's basically between these for the time being.
Later on I'm planning on picking up some basic shit like Sprint and Pack Rathound but I don't think I need either of those two just yet.
Expertise would add a decent amount of damage to my usual pistol rotation at this level but I'm still unsure on it.
Recklessness is obviously decent but I'm not sure how reliant I want to be on crits, feels a bit weak to half ass going this route, if I was gonna go for crits I could have made a more optimal build that included Steadfast Aim (has 5 str requirement)
Point Shot is another solid choice but it sounds slightly less desirable at this current moment. I was thinking of grabbing it later on maybe but now could be good if the alternatives aren't any better.

Attached: Pistol build.jpg (1904x1231, 395K)

i'm level 17 and I still feel weak from everyone.
everyone has too much HP and I don't deal enough damage.
is it "normal"? My psy/Sniper/Metal Armor build isn't extraordinary but I did some thinking on it.
the only way to deal good damage is if I use anti-armor ammo, but they are too scarce.

any tips? should I exp more? i'm at Core City and I need to infiltrate the Protectare Warehouse. they outnumber me most of the time there.
in the expeditions DLC I'm exterminating crabs but it's tiring, they are too tanky

There's one on the beach you can fix. I don't know if you can repair it once it's up and moving though because those savages fucked it up in the last battle.

the beach of the aegis camp?

These guys have absolutely no idea of what they're doing, do they? How badly did I fuck up here?

Attached: 20190813211611_1.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

Yup. People think it's just a statue.

The only thing holding them together is how much they hate the protectorate. Ideologically they're all over the fucking place, some are actual anarchists, some just want the south to be left alone, some just want to kill tin cans.

can someone tell me if I can interact with the pillar in the sewers if I didn't side with prateorian?

I don't think you can

Nope, it's Praetorian-exclusive.

how is english to your weird slav languages?

Sounds about right for a group like that, honestly. I don't even like the Protectorate all that much, but these guys are a right mess.

counter to bilocation when

What are some fun builds for DOMINATING?

>but these guys are a right mess
The main reason for that is because their second in command is a mole.

neural overload

I feel punished for not getting exp from kills in oddity. Gonna play classic from now on.

>mfw got through the arena and became invictus solely by high initiative and stacking crits with a sniper rifle and one shotting everyone before they can even react

Attached: 1405634241000.png (800x585, 58K)

9 times out of 10, freedom fighting groups are led by the secret jews. I can't believe how real Styg is.

It's kokoshka.

~~geek~~ zone the ~~mage~~ psyker

Just play the game and explore, it doesn't reward you for killing everything but by playing smart and picking your fights. You don't have to be a mass murderer, you know.

the bilocation doesn't turn off I think, you're still fucked

>No replies
Yep, fuck you all too then.

Attached: 124152326346.jpg (1024x1009, 111K)

do it before he can cast it, bre

I'm unsatisfied with this solution

lol, fail at [s]strikethrough[/s] text

If you're doing pistols and grenades pick opportunist.

Well, our weird Slavic languages are very much like Latin in many ways, so it's not very similar at all. Only the phonology is quite similar, but the differences in orthography negate even this small intersection.

For non-psykers it's really the only course of action.

>expecting me to read all that shit

4channel has no strikethrough text, plebes

I think you mean greek. Western languages are rooted in latin and germanic, eastern is rooted in greek and older eastern languages.

>the thread is just back on Yea Forums now

Attached: EA_zqJnWsAAJR9L.png (500x283, 94K)

Jannies are both terrible and inconsistent.

accuracy, damage resistance and damage threshold for psi attacks when

I see, thanks

>Complains people are discussing video games
>Doesn't complain about twitter, e-celeb and political threads
Yikes

Threads have died down now, it's just the same few autists talking about pure shit like lore.

There's not much to say.
You're playing a dude with high agility, no dodge/evasion, really high initiative, high stealth, rough crafting due to low int, no traps, decent perception, and high throwing.
Stealth, abuse corners, throw grenades, and don't get hit.
expertise isn't worth it on pistols, you have to go firearms with gunslinger so chem and energy pistols are right out. you need crits, armor piercing rounds, and a lot of praying. make the biggest caliber, best hammerer you can and roll the dice. critical power is your next feat. find everything you can with +crit chance and +crit damage bonus and spin the .44 damage wheel

>My mass report didn't work
Deal with it

It was an analogy, as Latin, like Greek, has much the same cases as Slavic languages do, whereas modern Western languages have a simplified case system, if at all. But I did mention I was Slovenian, and as such the language I speak has a stronger Latin influence than Serbocroatian (eg we use the Latin word pastir (pastor) for shepherd instead of the Turkish čoban, or ura (hora) instead of the Arabic sat), which is marked by its speakers' adherence to Eastern Orthodoxy. I believe I've read that the Slavic languages are otherwise basally the closest to the Germanic languages after the Baltic ones.

Does any of the Oligarchs even know about the Acorn?

they're too busy trying to be head gorilla to know about developments outside of core city

just finished the vault thing for gorsky, the one with raiders and hostages in it
conviced him to give me the key do burrowers room they were trying to open from the start
should i go there or go to the junkyard quest now?

Attached: 1555455275470.jpg (864x1080, 173K)

>psy/Sniper/Metal Armor
you diversified too much

Apparently the JKK Oligarch knows something about it because he's the only one of them who's not a brainlet

Junkyard. Lots of acid spitting bugs in there, might be too hard for you right now.

ok thanks user

Burrowers without shield is hell. Go to junkyard

Is this game any fun if you're not a nostalgic boomer?

AOE

Can I spam acid tangle to infinity?

You gain nothing by being an old schooler. Makes it even better.

t. old school

please tell me there's porn of her

>He doesn't have >25 DT armor

If you dont mind the graphics and are not against turn based combat this game is good.

What are the best feats for a puncher build? Is armored metal puncher even feasible?

I mean, I'm only 28 but I grew up playing classic crpg's.

Sniper should basically be 1 shot 1 kill. You open by deleting 2 enemies from the map, and only really use PSI to stall for aimed shot and snipe cooldowns, or to cause the AI to bunch up for thermodynamic destabilization + aimed shot to kill literally everything. Heavy armor is generally a terrible idea for a sniper, because running away and positioning is too important on a character that doesn't want enemies in their face. On a lot of maps it's easy to just 1 shot people and run far enough away to drop combat and re-stealth to start over. You just shouldn't be taking hits.

>I'm only 28
lmao

I've been here since I was 15.

>Tfw turning 27 soon
Fuck. I hate getting older

i asked ferryman to tow the submarine to l2 and the submarine isnt there am i doing something wrong?

psi also has one other MASSIVE usage in sniper
psycho-temporal contraction with psycho-temporal acceleration +4x specialization points allows you to fire a rapid reloader spearhead 3 times in 1 turn just by itself
adrenaline combined with blitz on top of that allows you to open up with 5 shots on your first turn

>15 year old shitstain laughing at somebody in his prime
what did he mean by this?

>using psy powers
Just from Snipe and Aimed Shot you can open a fight with two guys being dropped if you have a rapid, smart spearhead with the right scope and ammo.

This was my first CRPG after Fallout 1 and I like it so you can definitely still like it even if you don't fap over Arcanum/Fallout/etc

Thought Control is great for snipers/stealth too with stuff like LoC, Frighten, Mental Breakdown and Neurovisual Disruption.

and 25 points in psychokinetics is always useful for stasis

Not trying to hurt user, but being 28 is past your prime

>see a small room full of people
>stealth by the door
>throw a molotov inside, close the door, then set a mine outside the door
Are we the bad guy all along?

I just forced a bunch of guys to murder their best friends until only one was left, then I melted his brain personally as a reward
there are no good guys in the underrail

>That feelio when you try your best to extend SGSs influence by trying to tell them to help the Black Eels but you have shit conversing skills
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR BROS.
I think I'd rather side with the scrappers than let the Protectorate scum gain even more control which is the only other alternative if I still wanted to persue siding with the Eels.

Attached: 1565475236590.png (241x276, 117K)

>On the Nicholas and Olivia quest
>Tell them both I'll assassinate their 'lover' for them.
>Kill Nicholas via rigging the computer terminal, get my reward from Olivia, kill her via fucking with her chemistry set so she goes boom
I mean technically I did what both of they asked so why would they be mad?

Attached: 1559709210021.gif (250x150, 833K)

I'm not really sure nicholas deserved it, but Olivia sure as fuck did.

>be the protectorate
>"dude we're the good guys lmao"
>this is their theme
youtube.com/watch?v=JrLyrEPzrpc&t
who are they trying to kid? thats the most intimidating theme i've heard so far in the game.
if these guys don't turn out evil then i will be very surprised

All the themes in the game are oppressing like that, bre.

Looks like it's largely unknown because of these guys' hostility and isolationism towards everyone else around them. Prof. even says there are no nation stations, and yet there it is.
It's strange how a community that organized and that advanced could go unnoticed. Doesn't seem to have originated from a known corporation, either.

>mystery spy people
>coretech
>dominating
>arena is life
>dude, the zone
>dominating
>praetorians
>expedition
>jkk
>ayy lmao cult
>___dominating___
God I'm so fucking lost in the Core City. Are the three factions part of the main storyline at all? Any reason not to join one of them right away?

I was told evade builds suck
>max evasion and dodge, max nimble
>pop jumping bean
fucking nothing can hit me, I'm invincibl-
>get netted, stunned, webbed, acid blobbed, off-balanced
>die instantly
Ok it has its flaws, but cmon it's not that bad most of the times

Attached: 1474301052211.jpg (640x607, 48K)

There are no good or bad guys, the Protectorate is a militarized faction that furthers the interests of North Underrail, the soundtrack is perfect in that sense

They're literally Biocorp Armed Forces who decided to coup the executives and take control so they're almost by proxy bad. There's also evidence that they're continuing the mutagen experiments plus they have an entire special forces team of psychopaths and former convicts so they have all the ingredients to make them truly UnderZOG.

From a roleplay perspective, there are many reasons to not join them. In fact, it kinda sucks that the only way to progress the story is through one of them

Daily reminder if you dont use a hammer you're unbased

note this is new biocorp, not old biocorp
the latter is an entirely different species all together

imagine putting points into evasion and dodge when you can put points into mercantile and electronics and double your hp pool the second you are done with depot and at least sextuple it in the late game
lol

Don't forget they gas the free drones for shit and giggles and were known to do that before to other dissenters.

nah

The marching followed by that distorted voice section is pure perfection.

So how do you think other the megacorporations went to shit?

Rebellion, Biocorp gassing, Leviathan shit, or a combination of the three.

Is there a way to resupply expedition? Or i have to do it as fast is possible?

Also how much i need electricity to repair statue on beach?

>evasion
why would you max this when tactical vests exists

So I noticed a few people mentioning that the reason Biocorp genocided the Lemurians is because they were fucking with the shadowlith

Where exactly is this lore stated? Did I miss it by going with Pirates and losing Seeger?

Yeah that actually is an important clarification, Reformed Biocorp is such a shell of their former self they're barely even comparable. Old Biocorp had a massive (for the underground) navy, a huge army, and control over presumably the entire Underrail. Meanwhile Reformed Biocorp as far as I know only had nominal control over anything beyond North Underrail and lost all their world shattering research projects in Hollow Earth.

How long do you think the game events span?
You work for a shitload of factions and explore an entire sea, get your own giant house in Core City, etc.

Gotcha. Coretech sounds like a pretty good fit for my character, so I guess I'll just throw in with them.

>it kinda sucks that the only way to progress the story is through one of them
I obviously can't comment much on this yet, but I suppose there can't always be an anarchist route.

what are good puncher feats?

I might have read it incorrectly but I believe the Atlanteans were responsible for dredging up the Shadowlith while they were down in Abyssal Station so I think Biocorp just genocided the Lemurians because "they can't stop us so why not". Todd actually loredumps most of what we know about post-genocide Lemurian history so thats where most of it comes from iirc.

so i can side with tchortists right?

Attached: fishlips.jpg (1920x1080, 251K)

How? What I want to know is, when? Expedition's timeline is a funny thing, going by it the surface very well could have still existed when people like Ezra and Dude were born. And if not, they were the first generation to be born in the post-apocalypse world. This is messing with my brain, I can't reconcile it with how we used to think of Underrail history.

expedition is fucking shit

SAVAGED

Does tin can spearman work? Like, would it be okay even though you would have shit for movement to go pick up your spears? Just carry 2-3 spears?

It probably went to shit when that one drone company started manufacturing orbital weapons that decimated cities. Biocorp probably planned to ride out the storm underground like how the Lemurians planned to have Atlantis, Lemuria, and I presume a floating city if Seeger is to be believed. The other corporations either died out or merged into Biocorp after any combination of factors made the surface unlivable OR IS IT

okay
>I don't know if I'll be needing to rely more on crits with pistols as the game progressess
that's literally what pistols are fucking built for, did you not plan to abuse their crazy high crit potential when deciding on a build? Steadfast aim and sharpshooter, get them. Critical power too, when you can. Go .44 hammerer slot machine, craft some explosive bullets, and go to town.

Point shot is shit, unless combined with rapid fire and correctly planned out AP costs for a poor man's full auto

Expertise is worthless for crit builds, there's dozens of better feats to take over it

Opportunist is good for most builds if you have reliable roots, slows, or stuns. Consider it later.

take Recklessness and go crits crits C R I T S

There's only 2 possibilities why Biocorp decided to bomb them - either it's Shadowlith fuckery or it's something connected to NFT creating Acorns and their potential danger. Both ultimately lead to Godmen-Leviathan fuckery, both are enough of a reason to genocide an entire civilization.

Is it worth it to save up for the leviator or devastator skis from Ray or are they overkill? Thinking of just buying the shark or glow

oh my god I just realized you don't have enough STR for steadfast aim bro what the fuck were you even planning on when using pistols in hard

never mind my other post just restart with better base stats, it'll only take maybe a few hours to get back to the point you're at

styg should fucking kill himself for introducing jet skis

It's fun, but locusts and natives should be toned down

The Aegis Patroller you get for free is about as overkill as you want unless you have money to burn and have literally nothing else to spend it on.

A couple of months, at least that's what the game implies.

the facilities you discover are kind of fun, but everything else is complete fucking garbage

Locusts dont do any bio damage with a bio vest and gas mask

When does that happen, I accidentally killed some pirates before they kidnapped the professor and I get demolished at sea

Any good swords with high crit probability/damage?
Are edge enhancers worth it?

somebody post it

pretty sure its a doll

Yes, I made a leather armor with the heartbreaker skin, but still they are annoying

How do you get good pig leather for infused pig leather?

Pretty sure I've even found a Biohazard suit somewhere in the Black Sea, and even the basic Aegis armor they hand for you for free has bio protection. Medium/Low shields also block most of it.

t. virgin

You get it after you murder all the pirates funnily enough but if you're having pirate problems right now you might as well get the big jetskis from Ray.

>ladelman sells super soldier drug if you have decent mercantile
Hell yeah.

what the fuck, there are so many shit to kill in this expansion and I used up all my bullets and bandages before I can clear fetid marsh

You get bison leather instead

You can also cheese it with a stun grenade. You can stun every fucker around the hive for 2 turns, and new ones won't be able to spawn.

>that's literally what pistols are fucking built for, did you not plan to abuse their crazy high crit potential when deciding on a build?
I thought about it, in fact I did more than just think about it, I had a full plan set up to use the .44 that Wyat has which is 20% crit chance, with steadfast aim, recklessness and a bunch of other crit increasing stuff but I ended up changing my mind and taking a different route based around focusing on abusing special attack damage.
The reason I don't like the wyat pistol crit build is it simply costs too much AP to fire, even when stacking dex. The absolute best I could hope for is 3 shots per round which just isn't appealing.
>Point shot is shit, unless combined with rapid fire and correctly planned out AP costs for a poor man's full auto
I haven't taken the time to figure out if I can fit in the extra shot from Point Shot yet so that's why I haven't taken it, I don't think I can even afford that extra shot into my opening rotation at this point.
>Expertise is worthless for crit builds, there's dozens of better feats to take over it
It's not a crit build.
>Opportunist is good for most builds if you have reliable roots, slows, or stuns. Consider it later.
I've got a Taser, Flashbangs and Nets, that's about the extent of my CC.
>just restart with better base stats, it'll only take maybe a few hours to get back to the point you're at
Hell no. If it all goes to shit later on you can say I told you so, but so far things have been piss easy. I dunno how the fuck it'll turn out myself either but maybe if I exchange crits for pure special attack power it might work, attaching smart scopes onto my build pistols as well as using smart goggles, but there's no reason to throw this away yet.

You can still help me out though, from everything I've told you here in regards to the direction I'm going with the build, which feats would you take?
I might go Opportunist as the other user suggested.

Attached: 1565093955038.jpg (1500x2250, 283K)

I want extra carrying capacity for my boots, do bison leather do that?

It's better to just let them come. Once the hive is empty you can frag the whole group and be done with it. I didn't even bother with the hives, and that served me well since the two places where they were I never had to go back to so who cares if they respawn.

>listen to Seeger talk xit about the north
>now want to play Underrail: Neuromancer

Bres...

>The absolute best I could hope for is 3 shots per round which just isn't appealing.
did you not see the mention of combo-ing point shot and rapid fire? I believe you can get at minimum 6-7 shots off, maybe even 8 with the hammerer in a single turn using dex, autoloader hammerer, gunslinger, temporal manipulation, drugs, and maybe blitz if you can take the agility for it.

has anyone ever played a tin can fister?

It will be closer to Underrail: Blame
Especially if some Acorn goes wild and starts just shitting out a Megastructure

Is Six even an alien anymore with the new lore out?

I went north of the entrance first time I sailed there, not knowing it's literal hell. I had a time constraint because all the crap from the other hives would come my way after the first grenade went off. So I used the aforementioned tactic while chopping the fuck outta that hive. Shame I couldn't move past that, not without pesticides, anyway.
BTW, locusts are easier if you're on a jetski. But do get a gas mask for bio at least.

What everything else? TM might be OP as fuck but it's fun to have in the game, melee badly needed new options and what we got is good, Dude's quest was fucking great, the amount of freedom they give you to deal with Aegis/pirates/savages was really cool, and the game still rewards player agency.

you have 3 attoseconds to tell me why arent you playing as a energy pistol scientist right fucking now

Attached: one shot and 3 and half kills.png (371x188, 174K)

>Tried to make an optimal non-psi punch build
>Look at the crazy feat investment

Are any of these not worth taking? I might go for dick kick or heavy punch instead but since I'm going bare knuckle I might want all the damage boosts I get. Maybe drop vile weaponry for taste for blood?

Attached: 1.png (844x870, 90K)

The crit faggotry is literally useless since even on Dominating like 90% of the enemies you're going to fight don't have over 500-600 HP.

Is there any real point to getting PER higher than 11 or am I better off putting the point into something else

It's very different is what the guy wanted to say. The new area is nothing like the rest, which is very much Fallout-like.
Even to me the contrast was stark after the linear Core and Foundry quests. Could say I got a bit of that Southerner phobia, too.

>160 quality muffler at coretech with 57 mercantile
God bless mercantile, hallowed be they name.

Evasion is much less useful than dodge though. Getting a grenade chucked at you means you've already made a mistake.

well yeah, but killing 4 dudes with 1 aimed shot still beats killed 1 dude with 1 aimed shot

energy shield combination for tin cans? low + high?

It will further improve your guns ability, which gives extra precision and damage

just turned 27 bro, fuckin where is time going what in the fuck

Depends on your build. Boosting PER boosts firearm skill, which affects both your damage and chance to hit. It's something like 1 PER = 7.5% damage without even factoring in the hit rate. Generally every build will want their main damage stat as high as possible. The only exception I can think of is an SMG generally pumping dex to burst fire more, but still wanting a high enough perception to hit point blank.

>5 con
>maxed dodge, evasion and stealth
Why are you so scared? you dont need this much defense

t. crawler

Get creative. They're easily defeated with a single trap.

oh nononononono

Attached: wheeze.png (383x116, 66K)

The freedom and flexibility is nothing short of amazing though, it responds to things I honestly didn't even expect.
For example I went to Port Zenith and stole a Protectorate jet, and made my way to the Black Sea, kinda wanted to see if it's all fucked if you do it. And just as I reach the Monolith the Aegis ship sails past me, I get the intro narration without the Aegis camp part. Aegis at this point is no longer hiring so you can't join them, so I went to the pirates, and their questline fucking acknowledged that I had literally nothing to do with Aegis' expedition. Grimm just told me to stay out of their way and let the natives cull their ranks first.

To whomever posted yesterday about that energy pistol build, tyvm because this build is a tremendous amount of fun on hard (not doing dominating because I still have PTSD from two prior runs with guns)

>I went to Port Zenith and stole a Protectorate jet
Hoooow

*resists 2000 mechanical damage*

Dude wtf. That shit's derailed. I won't even bother trying to get all the content out of my current playthrough now that I know this.

Attached: Untitled.png (371x364, 16K)

Can you join the pirates still?

If I were an autist I would create one of those critterposting pictures

Oh I fucking love my Stasis + dist.

Started Gorsky's quest to liberate dem energy shields, but I suppose you could just pick the lock if you have the skill. The warehouse and the port are now connected, so if you kill them all you can steal the jet ski from the marine. The best part is that like in Gorsky's quest this doesn't anger the entire Protectorate, I could do this as a corporal and nothing bad happened. Actually I could even tell the pirates that I was a Protectorate defector and have inside information.

Yeah. With a stolen jet ski and rushing to the Black Sea Aegis is out, but the pirates are open. Or you can join neither, then both factions remain neutral while you explore the sea.

eh, use your fists next time

>partway through Etrian Odyssey Nexus and Divinity 2 when Expedition dropped
>been hanging out in Underrail threads nonstop
>planned out my next character
>autism won't let me play Underrail until I beat one of them
FUCK I WANT TO PLAY SO BADLY

Attached: 1529522955863.gif (472x472, 2.62M)

Is vile weaponry good?

>fun
>dominating
There are no fun builds for Dom, just super autistic builds because the mode is largely bullshit so you need to minmax every last thing, and even then you'll still have to do tons of reloads from crits BTFOing you and such.

Have you tried stop being autistic?

>this doesn't anger the entire Protectorate
Oh really thats good to know
I cant really kill everyone tho, and there's a dreadnought on Dominanting

here's the issue: a healthy dose of autism helps enjoying underrail

Nikolai does not like getting knives when he is trying to get sex, woman should've known place.

Attached: 20190813145321_1.jpg (1920x1080, 325K)

Don't fall for the PSI meme or the oddity meme
Have fun restarting copiously

Is there really no way to get SGS to support the Eels without 45 persuasion? I don't want to be a protectorate cuckold

Attached: 1553204144789.gif (800x450, 2.59M)

all new players : remember to lock the door to your private quarters

w-why?

don't worry you'll thank me later
:^)

lower underrail music is kino

This, you have to be at least a little bit autistic to like Underrail

When am I supposed to go to the Foundry? I did Camp Hathor and Rail Crossing, accidentally found my way to the Core City and now trying to figure out what to do about the gorillion quests I've got.

don't you need 55?

whenever you feel like. there's 2 quests nearly anyone can do

When you want super steel, doing Oculus quest or need some exp

try to raid one of the ironhead's outpost and see how you fair

Well technically Port Zenith is not a leave no witnesses zone either. If you can pull a grand theft jet ski without killing everyone that's just as good. It still won't affect your relationship with the rest of the Protectorate.

>Why are you so scared? you dont need this much defense

Attached: 157382636.jpg (370x654, 37K)

Alright, I'll try to at least find my way there and see what's up.

I got bullied by them north of SGS, but that was nearly a dozen of hours ago. Should have a good fighting chance now.

lel

Attached: 1552924259095.jpg (598x462, 37K)

Vile weaponry, bone breaker, wrestling, or some other unarmed feat?

yah

what is antithermic vest

i'd unironically drop con in this situation but that's just me. if you're not playing on dominating i think you'll be fine with 12 of your base weapon stat but if you are i'd pump it higher, at 15 dex @ level 30 with max weapon skill i still only had 88% chance to hit tchortling devourers on dominating with a sword. 14 strength once you get the veteran feat is good anyway. another option would be to leave dex at 9-10, pump STR and just use the veteran feat to boost it at level 26, you'll be waiting a long time for 4-5 ap attacks but the punches you do make will hit hard.

you don't rly need sprint on a fist build if you take fancy footwork early and approach from stealth every time unless you're painfully unlucky and somehow miss more than 8+ times in a row.

taste for blood is definitely better than vile weaponry because of multi-target scenarios.

i wouldn't take deflection, just put boxing gloves in off hand and switch to them at turn end/pop jumping bean. i'd much rather put one point in AGI for uncanny dodge if i was going to use a feat on defense.

Does implosion work well with recurrence?

With destabilization?

While we're at the subject of protecting your shit.
We should remind new players to buy every turret and bot to defend their house when they get one. They can thank us later for that too.

Are the Upper Underrail tunnels as expansive as the Lower Underrail /passages?

you don't need 15 points in perception for a shotgun build turbo autist, but them in intelligence will or constitution

didn't read any of your shit but if you don't have hit and run that's a mistake

>enrage pitbull
>it kills an entire camp
I should not be surprised

What armors should I craft on a chem pistol build? Should I actually wear something with acid resistance so I don't hurt myself?

>the turret and bot

holy shit ty for reminding me, i forgot about the horde

Nope. You can later correct that mistake if you join the Drones though.
Also the Black Eels are already working with the Protectorate, but you have to join the pirates to do something about it.

I cant decide which headband. I love them both. Why does the game have to throw 160+ quality parts at me? Why is mercanitle so good?

Attached: the hard decisions.jpg (948x502, 199K)

Nah it's honestly pretty small.

probably siphoner, you are going dodge and evasion with high dex right, otherwise your shit is redundant

even with just siphoner I step in acid and fire and only take like 15 damage at the end of the turn, that's if I end my turn in fire, you effectively take no damage running through it

I dunno. Per makes shotguns more shooty, so when is it enough per?

Doesn't joining the pirates fuck over the Eels and SGS?

you use telekinetic punch once every 3 turns
you use temporal distortion 5 times per turn

this is not a hard choice mate

Where the hell are you getting 160 quality psi parts from, I can't seem to find anything above 110ish - either at Coretech or the Oculus

Whats the point of Team Alfa in the expansion? Can you do anything with them? And is there any way to buff up the supplies in camp? Because it feels like they just go down through sheer story progress, as I've had natives dead and no pirate attacks at all, yet the only time I seemed to lose stuff was when I progressed the DLC story missions.

>every 3 turns
The hell you say

Do you have mercantile? That helps. And yes, both those places.

Attached: INCREMENT.png (364x158, 7K)

per doesn't do shit for you holms, gun skill is the only thing that effects accuracy and damage, you dumped a bunch of points into that instead of raising intelligence which raises like 5 of your skills as opposed to perception which only raises guns and traps

crafting is gud, you make the best equipment in the game with it

Right but I can easily get high enough crafting to use 160-170 quality stuff with that build.

answer meeeeee, reeeeeee

Technically yes. But there are a few ways to finish the final quest without turning the Eels hostile, and you can genocide the pirates after you are done.
However the problem will still remain that without the pirates the Protectorate can freely move its entire fucking navy and whatever the fuck else it wants through the new water route that now connects South and North Underrail. Yeah. Bombing Epione hardly solves the problem anymore, there is now a gaping fucking hole in the South's defenses and no local faction has a navy. Whoops.

I tried a psi/knife build earlier this week and vile weaponry seemed alright. If it overrides bleeding and doesn't let you do Eviscerate though, its hot garbage, but to my knowledge it doesn't.

>anarchigga
get the fuck out

you raised per to 15 only for guns basically, when you could be raising 5 skills by putting those points into int, you'll just have more skill points to do whatever you want

why on earth did you put it to 15

i'm doing a pure puncher so i don't have access to eviserate

its good

out of those i'd say vile weaponry > bone breaker > wrestling but they're all worth taking

I guess I can live without sprint, but I want to keep my con because having low con doesn't fit my character

my biggest problem with Styg is crossbows that hit me from 5 football fields away

nice to see im not the only one from our country playin this game

Oh then you're all good if your gloves do any sort of bleed to trigger infected wounds.

I'm doing okay with 10 and leading shot on hard. If I were to reroll I would have went with 12-13 because the tohit is still 50-60% on enemies with good evasion.

>Per doesnt do shit

Dont listen to this pipeworker

nah, my boots do all the blood drawing here

can you pickpocket wyatt's gun?

it only raises the gun skill everything else is irrelevant

he wasted at least 5 points on per

Because I dont need anymore skill points for the build. Because ultimately more damage from my primary damage source makes sense. Because skill points are finite and capped. I mean, I could see the value in more con, but I dont see the value in more int.

I like South Underrail and I don't want them to go the way of Lemuria once Protectorate shows up with its navy. As it happens this water route tips the scales so hard in their favor joining the Protectorate and integrating SGS with your help is probably the only way to save it.

Shogun or AR for a new player and why please?
which one has the biggest ouchies and better survival
Thanks in advance

Attached: Burrower_l.png (100x100, 10K)

Your combat skill is the only relevant skill in the game

either way i think this build would do fine. i did the math once using a q140 pneumatic ancient rathound glove comparing it to barefists with the two new improved unarmed feats and the base damage wasn't that far behind for the fists. granted that's at end-game with expert unarmed as well, but you have access to alot of damage stacking feats and high strength on top of that. taste for blood/expertise/vile weaponry/bone breaker, maybe opportunist because you're going to be stunning shit aloooooooooot off of just auto attacks once you have combo + cheap shots, and you'll wreck shop.

shotgun is more stylish

you literally get more skill points for no loss by putting them anywhere else

the gun skill is the only thing affecting your damage and accuracy, you're literally gimp in yourself for no reason

the only reason to go 15 in a stat is for dominating when maxing out a skill so you can get at least 360 effective skill, but you didn't do that

AW HERE COMES
>tfw can't fit last stand in the build

Attached: IM BACK TO WAR.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

yea which he doesn't need 15 perception for he's wasting probably 100 skill points by using his attributes in the most redundant way possible

have fun bro

im def gonna do a bareknuckle run one day as well, i fucking love unarmed in this game

ar is better don't come whining when you pick the harder option, it shouldn't be a challenge either way

>let the pirates roam free, killing, plundering and raping anyone unfortunate enough to cross their sights
>remove the pirates and give the Protectorate a clear route into the south
Despite being a glorified errand boy /girl for SGS, you sure have to make some tough decisions.

Hornet AR Burst Build

Sprint + Kill with Hit and Run + Blitz + Adrenaline Shot + AP reduction from Rapid Reloader = 3 Bursts Per Turn (with added rounds from Full Auto)

Plus an additonal free burst with any rifle i.e. your most powerful one from the Commando feat.

Go heavy towards agility and perception, dump Will and Int if you need, go 7 strength at some point to use the 9mm Huszar loaded with W2C rounds for your free burst with Commando.

if you're going to go blitz just pick smgs for a primary

You realize raising per RAISES guns right?

you do realize it raises 5 crafting skills allowing him to raise guns and still have 100 points left to do anything he wants like traps, mercantile, persuasion, literally anything

thanks for your feedback friend

I've beat this game numerous times, I still don't know what you're talking about.

>Do you have mercantile? That helps. And yes, both those places.
No wtf, I had no idea mercantile got you higher quality shit

Aw man, another stat to dump points into

fuck me, those were my exact starting stats

What's the exact difference in playstyles with SMGs and AR anyway? Is one just slower/tankier and stronger while the other one is faster and stealthier?

they need last stand hahahaha

It frustrates me more than it should when people in game don't believe I'm the Invictus.

thats why you dont dump Int

Here we are, two titans among mortal men.

It's time you meet your doom to Nikolai, Balor.

Attached: 20190813160041_1.jpg (1920x1080, 402K)

you get more bursts per turn with smgs, they do lower damage in general, but with the right feats, positioning and crits they can do more damage

spec ops makes bursts 200% ap cost with smgs, compared to the standard 300% for bursts with assault rifles

dexterity also lowers the ap cost of smgs, meaning you can get 6 bursts a turn with blitz, where as with a similar calibre assault rifle you would get 4

assault rifles have better range

invictus? I know that guy was taller than you, built like a bear he was

I put an 8 turn enrage on him and had him slaughter his entire crew for me

If I run this script it'll make all the sentry bots spin and play techno music. He-he.

It could've only ended one way.

Good for you, psionic scum.

Attached: 20190813160304_1.jpg (1920x1080, 401K)

repair your regalia jesus christ

What are some important softcaps/breakpoints for skills?

Throwing is obviously around 80 or 90, grenades are accurate enough to stop there.

Hacking seems to stop being useful at 90, with the haxor III

Probably the same with lockpicking

Crafting skills are tough to call, but i know chemistry has a major breakpoint at 69 for Mk 4 grenades, and 112 for Mk 5.

Thought control has Locus of Control at 75, then you never need more after AoE Enrage.

What else?

>tfw the adventure is just beginning

Attached: 250520_20190812224656_1.png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

You do realize that build has all of those skills besides traps as high as they would ever need to be right?

You know what swapping 5 int to per DOESNT let you get as high as you would ever need to be?

Your primary source of damage. Real shocker.

that was my bladed boots, actually

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165

literally taking less skill points for no trade off

are you that dumb

and then I made his "titan" arse stand there while I watched him blow up

pathetic, like all other mere humans

Attached: balexplosin.jpg (1920x1080, 348K)

Ahem.

Dearest Jacks and bitches. Stop forgetting siphoner gear is acid proof and trivializes the shit out of Depot A while not requiring any chemistry to make. A pair of boots and basic leather armor make you essentialy imune to acid, just spam caltrops, bear traps and good old mollies then, you bunch of quakers. Or just punch em all to death like the DOMINATING gladiators you are meant to be.

Love, Invictus.

IT guys in Underrail are total bros.

You cannot impress me with your pathetic feats, psionic scum.

Hacking has a final skill check at I believe 130. You can boost that by ten with the engineer suit, so you actually want it all the way to 120 if you want to do everything.

You can use the huxkey, jackknife, and engineering suit to add a nice 32 points to lockpicking, which I think never needs more than 130 also, so you can get by with only 98 or so.

Those are effective skills of course.

There is a 140 check for mercantile with the DLC, but its only there for you to make more money in a convo. The last useful check is, I believe, 105, for the last tier of goods from the highest skill check merchant.

I think the highest persuasion check is 115.

For plasma grenades, you want 135 effective electronics for plasma nades 3. That should also be good enough to craft about anything electronic in the 160 range for quality.

135 is enough effective for every crafting skill in fact. Worst case you pop a hypercerebrix to boost it slightly more. Unless you are swimming in 180 parts or something.

Higher thought control means enemies resist less, which is valuable. I would keep pumping it.

implying I didn't realize siphoner was the best armor before I even downloaded the game, don't make me laugh garry

>no trade off
>about 30% less damage from your primary damage source
>to get skill points you don't need because all your valuable skills are already high enough

I didn't know people with single digit IQs posted in these threads. I guess easy mode exists for a reason.

>Tanner is an immortal ayy lmao god straight out of every conspiracy theory out there
>Ezra is just your regular psi god, unaging and knowledgeable about things most people around the station couldn't even imagine
>Gorsky is pretty good with a gun and doesn't really care about anything other shooting people up
>Vera gives a mean head?
How did she end up on the council? Did the other three just need some dummy to do the paper work or..?

what's the highest willpower you need to meet all checks?

No goddamned clue.

he would have more skill points in the end if he didn't pump 15 points into perception idiot, learn math

You mean infused greater siphoner. Fucking 60+ evasion on your frog jumpsuit and frog slippers each, pump up just a bit more of your own and you can reach insane tier easy. The energy gun resist aint too shabby neither and low as fuck armor penalty means you can get the lightning punches to stay on prety much forever.

Gorsky is literally just a drill sergeant and Vera has ties to the Protectorate that ease negotiations. Like it or not, Tanner isn't a complete ape when it comes to the Protectorate or anything else. If he was around to integrate the station with the United Statioins, he would do it with the Black Eel alliance.

And where do they need to go? Where does he benefit from having them? Why does he NEED more skill points more than he NEEDS 30% damage?

>Ezra is Old Biocorp superagent [/spoiler ]
>Gorsky is Biocorp child supersoldier project

Tanner even spells it out: he's for integration into the united stations but only if he can get a blanket pardon for every member of SGS and the right to keep their own military separate from the protectorate

You can have a god at tech, a mean ass slavic asshole for fighting and a leader but you always need a man or a woman with actual connections and a silver tongue if you are to make a station. A good agreent here, a handshake there, maybe a good rump for a good long lasting peace and your station can go the miles. Sgs wouldnt be shit if it didnt have it smarts and skills but it would never have potential if it never capitalized from its surrounding stations.

>Gorsky is Biocorp child supersoldier project
lol, no

whaat

what did old jonas do?

You're arguing with a zoner user

yep, oh wait you thought I wouldn't also activate temporal shit to make my dodge even better, oh wait he thought I didn't pick nimble, oh wait he thought I wouldn't pick thought control for extra holograms, hey bro good luck hitting me in this house of mirrors ya fucking zonie, whoa he thought I forgot about my infused greater siphoner tabi, good luck hitting me in a fire storm while your BFF is covered in acid and I'm a fucking mirage breh

Gorsky is unironicaly just a dumb asshole gangster. He has 3 int at best and goes grrrr authority bad 24/7 while doing jack shit.

>Forgot to grab the hopper catching equipment

God fucking dammit.

Oculus suspects he was trained as a soldier in his childhood and if you consider how successful he was as a fighter and gangester as you hear from his buddy Dan it is very much possible

also don't forget that Vera is a former member of the united station's foreign minister's cabinet
she has insider info on their geopolitical strategy

be the only old man who looks like an old man at the station

hey fucktard he could still get guns to 300 and have more skill points without losing anything

>Vera has ties to the Protectorate
Yeah, now I remember the ambassador speaking highly of her. Is her backstory elaborated on at any point? How'd she end up at SGS? Where'd she come from or anything?

Murderhobo'd till he got old. That's an accomplishment.

Old Jonas is essentialy a MC past his prime lad. He even saw HIM down there at the mutie tanks. Fucker has been Al Fabeting before you were even in someones nutsack and doing it with style, so his general knowledge of the areas, the people, how to react properly and generaly being a wise man helps.

old jonas had an encounter with Tchort and lived to tell the tale

Read about him in the Oculus, and listen to some stories from Dan. He is much more than your regular gangster.

I refuse to believe Biocorp would create an absolute nig nog like Gorksy as a fucking super soldier. People like Carnifex exist in Underrail. You don't have to be an experiment to be a killing machine.

Any way to repair damage done to the naga protector at the camp?
Fucking skaerder criticals got it down to 46 health in a single fight.

>Yeah, now I remember the ambassador speaking highly of her. Is her backstory elaborated on at any point? How'd she end up at SGS? Where'd she come from or anything?
Something happened that drove her out. Don't know what.

I'm so sorry

*couldn't get guns to 300 and would gain nothing
fixed that for you

remember: Old Jonas is level god damn 20
he could wreck most of the characters you meet

So Oculus info is all memes? i guess so bre. Don't take anything seriously Underrail is just some cave in a forest nothing happened to the surface it's just some Murderhobos larping in a cave.

anyone got any good tin can/guns builds?

Attached: 2ynrq1axlse31.jpg (570x570, 53K)

But he is a dumb gangster: one who got really lucky.

The fuckers will pay. No women or grandparents will be spared this time.

He is a retarded idiot nigger who fights. He has no ties to biocorp whatsoever or any hints/clues to be old as fuck. Biocorp has been dead for way longer than core city riots and no terminal logs even mention child soldiers. He is legitimately just a really combat focused slavic asshole who I wish we could reverse pickpocket a live shadow crawler into his pants but maybe one day.

One day.

They have a file on the Siphoner Man. Also, if he was an experiment, pretty sure there'd be some record.

I genocided half of the natives with a broken AUG, 20 gas grenades, 20 molotovs, and some forcefields

Is there anything you can do to boost the base camp's defenses besides killing natives and activating the naga?

But who trained him as a soldier in his childhood? Protectoreddit? I doubt it.

would get guns to 300 and still have plenty of skill points to invest in an extra skill

>Biocorp has been dead for way longer than core city riots
what did he mean by this

is there any other RPG where genocide is rewarded?

activating the plasma turrets

bruh just go north and genocide, bring mollies and gas, I did it with a broken AUG

new biocorp are basically larpers

Aint nobody training you and you are still one of the deadliest fucks around. Same with Lurkers, Balor or most bandits. 3 int max combat cyka gopnik. Literaly what he is.

As much as I really love having a map, it does take a tiny bit of the fun out of exploring.

There's nothing like wandering for 20 maps and wondering where the fuck you are, and then popping up at like the Foundry or some shit

Geneforge series. In Geneforge genocide is always the answer. Vogel had to make genocide endings non-canon FOUR times because every time they made the story finish on a happy end there was no continuing from.

Is Geneforge fun?

ctrl-f "Hornet Burst Build" and just add the best crafted Anti-Rifle vest or Metal Armor you can make to that build

Combat system is very basic though it improves a little over the games. But the games are pretty fun if you like war stories, faction conflicts with double- and triple-crossing, and rping as a supremacist.

lmfao holy shit
i need to rush the DLC so I can see all these extra dialogue options

Sounds like it's time for genocide!

based and vogelpilled

Attached: NANI.png (1271x953, 236K)

Not him, but it's one of my favourite game series (anything by Spiderweb Software is great though, even what people consider the worst games are still pretty good)

One of the things that makes them so good is the different factions that represent various beliefs, and how they interact with each other/you interact with them

opportunist; don't even have to think about it
I'm surprised you got that far without taking it

Psi pill?
No way bre, I don't think you've accomplished anything yourself if you need to rely on performance enhancing drugs.
Who the hell is Pasquale, anyway?

Attached: 1565730378589.jpg (797x894, 129K)

how does olivia deserve it?

Where are they?

she's a woman.

If I remember correctly, Olivia wanted Nicholas dead because he didn't spend much time with her or give her enough attention or some shit. Not a great reason to kill your husband.

Both of them wanted the other dead to get Foundry life insurance money.