So much soul

So much soul...

Attached: smt4 ost.jpg (1697x2277, 3.31M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/pCdT59_cov0
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtu.be/CHPYTkFqH6w
youtu.be/Mz-3ZuqLQg8
youtube.com/watch?v=kKqXpfMdNVc
youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU
youtube.com/watch?v=xMH-zB8LRzA
youtube.com/watch?v=OmbiENL5qYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-7M_g_LJn3Q
youtube.com/watch?v=EftPJliGB68
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s
youtube.com/watch?v=MkUcIfCS99w
youtube.com/watch?v=aBoJityAvVA
youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc
youtube.com/watch?v=7prWEHN8_HA
youtube.com/watch?v=stLm7hqSFqI
youtube.com/watch?v=xhqz97a4jqU
youtu.be/IoSa0Ut9GPg
youtube.com/watch?v=MMSmi8ZOSno
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

everything but the overworld map that is

youtu.be/pCdT59_cov0

Attached: 1553311512835.gif (246x208, 747K)

You best mean the music itself and not the game

IV is as soulless as mainline gets

Its a complete rehash of the previous games

Has anyone made the joke that Dark souls has soul?

Attached: BB734AE1-CC6D-4B9C-BC69-0D13089F0072.jpg (1080x1440, 231K)

hohohoho epic good sir

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

youtu.be/CHPYTkFqH6w

No shit its supposed to be a reintroduction to the mainline smt. No one is going back to the snes smt games brainlet. Even most noctern fags havent played the previous mainline smt games.

Attached: 1437657741046.jpg (681x496, 39K)

Attached: dancing_furiously_by_paulgq-d50vvtc.gif (450x338, 39K)

Fucking xylophones

Boring

>snes smt games
You mean SMT 1, even 2 didn't follow 1's formula as closely as 4 did
Also
>supposed to be a reintroduction to the mainline smt
Strange Journey was mainline

We got 2 games in a row that carry on some of the same story beats

youtu.be/Mz-3ZuqLQg8

Whoever thought it was a smart idea to name these songs like this needs to be shot

>Strange Journey was mainline
Not story wise, that's for sure
SJ fags still haunt smt threads with gay shit like "neutral is always best option"

*dabs on your whole franchise and becomes the mainline series*
youtube.com/watch?v=kKqXpfMdNVc

Attached: b9a.gif (500x315, 297K)

Boring taste.

>review said that the OST wasn't memorable

Attached: 63161395_p9.gif (254x230, 4K)

>"neutral is always the best option"
Fucking gore is haunting me with this quote

*ruins your immersion*

Attached: asahi1.jpg (408x426, 26K)

But didn't Atlus dab on neutralfags hard with the remake endings, Neutral + is as bleak as it gets with doomguy having to basically be a janny while humanity will always make the shwarzwelt happen meanwhile both Chaos and Law + have some form hope for a better future, atleast for doomguy.

Doesn't matter, sj came out fucking 20 years ago and remake recently

Persona chads always win baby

Attached: darksoulsofpersona.png (1280x1138, 1.89M)

Attached: The Dark Souls of Persona.jpg (1280x1138, 297K)

shut up she is the best thing about smt4

>Not story wise, that's for sure
I dont think you understand how the Amala Network works

SJ is as connected to SMT1-2 as 4 is

Sj is not a numbered smt set in tokyo.
>You mean SMT 1, even 2 didn't follow 1's formula as closely as 4 did
What is your complain? Only a handful of people played 1 amd 2. To many, this is their first introduction to the series. The plot isnt even that similar to smt 1 or 2. Obviously it has some call backs to the original games but its not a souless ripoff.

Was he right?

Attached: dunkey.png (1684x751, 191K)

That it follows a lot of the same story beats

The whole Chaos/Law Hero dynamic becomes less special when you do it for multiple games in a row. Especially when 2 and 3 didn't copy it.

I pray that 5 doesn't do it exactly the same again

Devil Survivor 2 is the best Persona game

Yes, I want to fuck pixie's buttocks

imagine living in post apocalypse tokyo
sounds terrible

She and all of IVA is trash

>The whole Chaos/Law Hero dynamic becomes less special when you do it for multiple games in a row. Especially when 2 and 3 didn't copy it.
Are you stupid? Ive been telling you no one played smt 1 espacially in the west.

youtube.com/watch?v=KHhpFGmmUMU

Doesn't change my point

I wished SMT4 was my introduction to the series and not SMT1

What a fucking abysmal game. Hearing SMT2 not being much better is worrying too.

youtube.com/watch?v=xMH-zB8LRzA

Attached: SMT-IV-A-Krishna.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

To be absolutely fair I think that I prefer Persona 4's soundtrack over SMT4, though both are great.

It does you dumbass. Its special for most people because its their first time experiencing that specific plot point.
Also the plot has enough differences to not be considered a blatant ripoff.

Toki was the best thing about 4A

Attached: 1541702703486.png (600x600, 434K)

Everything is fun and games until the xylophone hits and Walter drops that Agi.

>Persona
>mainline series
Never ever faggot. Just because it's more popular with normies doesn't change the fact that it is and always will be just a spinoff

>should i tell him smt is also a spinoff?

Attached: 1534799004894.jpg (234x250, 12K)

Not that guy but I do wanna point out that Persona games have their own studio, which Megaten never got in 30 years

Sounds like shit

>its a spinoff game is superior than mainline game episode

Annihilate

Attached: The_White_K_SMTIV.png (512x512, 160K)

>P4's ost over SMT's

Attached: 1557066050224.jpg (860x720, 266K)

It's not a spinoff, it's a successor

Based deaf user, stick it to the man

>It does you dumbass. Its special for most people because its their first time experiencing that specific plot point.
And then anyone that has will experience series fatigue

A series shouldn't have to fall back on to old ideas

>Hearing SMT2 not being much better is worrying too.
From fucking who? Everyone hypes up 2 as way better then 1.

>which Megaten never got in 30 years
Yes

Its called Atlus

Atlus has done a lot more than MT, even back then

Atlus said that they wanted to make smt4 as an entry game for newcomers. Its not for some hipster who forced himself to play smt1.

Yes but it was always their premiere franchise

You're missing the key point of my argument which is it did this after they did the same in Strange Journey

Which is in fact mainline.

Until Persona, yeah, that's the point. Atlus never made a separate branch for MT games (even during the PS2 era) but they did for Persona.

Attached: 0Q51B2J.png (512x512, 144K)

You missing SJ didn't do chaos and law at all, just some persona style bad end bullshit

But what does having their own studio supposed to mean

>SJ didn't do chaos and law at all,
Confirmed for not playing the game

Fuck off

Best law theme, no contest.
youtube.com/watch?v=OmbiENL5qYQ

That they focus a lot more on Persona than they do on any other franchise so much so that they made an entire studio just for the creation of those games
This isn't even hard to understand, how are you having difficulty here

>Lmao chaos is bad
>Lmao law is bad
>It did chaos and law
Kys, faggot
>Bbbut SJ was my first smt game
No one cares

Are you high

No shit, unlike smt persona is also popular in the west. Of course they're giving it it's own devision, it's their biggest moneymaker right now. That doesn't mean it stopped being a spinoff though

I mean, I think you're just moving the goalposts at this point but ok
>Of course they're giving it it's own devision, it's their biggest moneymaker right now.
That's literally the point I was making, so I'm confused why you were confused

SMTIV > SJ
SJ is bland as balls and the combat is terrible.

That wasn't me, I was the one that made the post about Persona never becoming the main series.

what was wrong with the map besides needing to know a bit about Tokyo?

I miss this game.
SMTV when?

Even though I really loved P3 and still kinda liked P4, P5 made me realize that I'm over Persona after two games.

Give me back SMT games!
Make a new Raidou game!

Attached: billy.jpg (1200x1200, 210K)

So we all agree that Lucifer’s palace was the best track Atlus has ever composed, right?

Nigger pls stop being anal about these things.
Smt1wasnt released on the west and sj didnt sell well.
As a fresh start they just took inspirations from the first game and built the game ontop of it.
Also every smt game is bound to feel extremely similar to one another. Its a post apocolypic tokyo with demon recruiting and summoning with the law and chaos faction fighting for power. I honestly dont know what the fuck youre expecting from the plots of these games other than that.

youtube.com/watch?v=-7M_g_LJn3Q

Best shop theme in all vidya, hands down.

>Even though I really loved P3 and still kinda liked P4, P5 made me realize that I'm over Persona after two games.
That's a shame, I started with P4, then went to P5, played the rest of the series, and now I've played over 15 Megaten games. I don't see how P5 was such a drop in quality from the other two, if anything it was better

Personally, I like this more

Stop mentioning Persona you fucks.

Attached: 1465448653937.png (1920x1080, 3.21M)

Objectively the best soundtrack in the series, which is a pretty fucking big achievement in a franchise known for it's bitchin' music.

youtube.com/watch?v=EftPJliGB68
Of fucking course I forgot to paste it =/
I like the SMT4 one too

no
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s
youtube.com/watch?v=MkUcIfCS99w

The chad png poster vs the virgin jpg fag

Poorfags
youtu.be/pCdT59_cov0

DDS has way better music

youtube.com/watch?v=aBoJityAvVA
I dunno if this counts as a shop theme, but it's probably my favorite

God I hope they do SMTV justice

Just gimmie Nocturne with the battle system from SMTIV:A and we're fucking set boys

Attached: 1543868965714.png (676x406, 457K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qDsDYCI3fyc

Attached: aaaaaaaaaa.jpg (645x773, 57K)

persona 5 was better than p3 and p4 because it brought in more smt mechanics
>guns
>negotiation
>side quests
>baton pass is turn press lite
>yaldabaoth is the archetypical lawfag
>joker is a borderline chaosfag

I liked IV:A's rendition of this more.

youtube.com/watch?v=7prWEHN8_HA

This. Only reason why I liked it more than 3 and I'm a big fan of 3.
Honestly I'd be okay if in the future SMT and Persona merged together. SMTs darker tones, Personas flair adjusted to SMTs style, dating shit turned into an optional rather than integral mechanic

That's like half the threads on Yea Forums though

I enjoy both greatly but prefer IV's sort of calming "epic" feel

He was pretty much a neutral/lawfag until the ending with Yabbadabbadoo. Shido and Akechi were the real chaosfags

It's a shame the biggest contributor to the Majin Tensei soundtracks died years ago, would have loved to hear more from them
youtube.com/watch?v=stLm7hqSFqI
youtube.com/watch?v=xhqz97a4jqU

>Was he right?
Yes. But it's better than any persona thread because at least they're talking about video games.

Such an incredible moment

Attached: shin-megami-tensei-iv-tokyo.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

They tried that in Apocalypse. All of the waifu shit ruined the game.

Yeah I'm basically asking for a successful version of Apocalypse. At least the combat was great

That's what I mean.
I can't really determine if its better or not, because I'm simply over the formula. It just bored me. The effect it was supposed to have and had in the past, just missed me.

Even though characters and story would obviously play a big part to determin whether it was better or not, but I simply didn't feel the game in those regards either.

>Main motivation for his all actions is that people don't the live their life the way he wants them
Should tell you a lot about people who call it "more smt like"

Pure ludo

I just hate you can't criticize P5 to P5Fags without them shitting up the whole thread.

It's up there with Soul Hackers and Revelations Persona. Love how different each one is and yet they are all fucking great.

>It just bored me.
That's a shame. Personally video games have never lost their fun or luster, so all I can do is say "better luck next time"

>persona 5 was better than p3 and p4
Yet everyone says it wasn't. Even the fanbase itself. Get over it.

SMT1 is a great SNES JRPG. Eat my ass zoomzoom.

I liked the PSP version of Persona 1's soundtrack better. I feel like one of the few who does.
Everyone seems pretty reasonable here, user.

>Better metacritic score
>Most sales of any Atlus game
>Joker even got into Smash
Everyone pretty much agrees P5 is the best.

Nah there's not gonna be a next time for me. It'd be a waste of money.
I won't even try to replay 3 which I loved to death and finished twice (once normal and once with the upgraded version,) because I feel it'll just be the same.
As said, I'm just over Persona.

But also as said: make a fucking Raidou game again. The time is right. Let it rip!

By those metrics can we finally admit that P4/3/2 are trash and only 1,P4G and 5 matter

>It'd be a waste of money.
What are you talking about, you can emulate pretty much the entirety of the MT library
>But also as said: make a fucking Raidou game again.
Yeah, they're gonna continue Raidou right after that Nocturne remake and DDS3

Joker is literally being put into anything and everything though, senpai.

Finally someone with taste

>One game being good and selling well means the previous games all suck
That's some really stupid logic
Ok, he's still in Smash

Apocalypse felt like a parody of both series. Dagda was ridiculously edgy and your group of ragtag teenagers all think you're the coolest guy ever and overcome all odds with the power of friendship.

Stand the fuck back, best track incoming:
youtu.be/IoSa0Ut9GPg

Attached: SMTI.jpg (500x605, 247K)

>Everyone pretty much agrees P5 is the best.
Not on planet earth, and certainly not on Yea Forums.
And the thing is: you know this. You know this very well, which is probably why you're trying so hard to reaffirm your taste. Its fine, but P5 was the most bland and padded Persona to date.

That's probably just P5 user. I wouldn't worry about not liking the older games anymore. P5 was dropped by many people. I literally had to force myself to go through with how padded and boring it was. And judging from countless Yea Forums theads, we're clearly the majority. It sold well due to big marketing budget and the reputation of the first two gams but ultimately was a disappointing normie tier game.

>Not on planet earth
Yeah, most people agree it's good.
>And the thing is: you know this. You know this very well
No I don't, that's why I said there was evidence directly contradicting you.

>metacritic
Oh so now it counts again?
>most sales
Sure why not, after all the buzz was huge. But that was already the case before it came even out and nobody knew if it would be good or not.
>Smash
Means what exactly? Are we kinda ignoring that even Earthbound aka the fluke that never paid for its developing costs got reps?

You sure about that?

>No I don't,
Then you're delusional.
But I don't think you are. You have been in Persona threads, and you probably went through this more times than you can count.
Or you're just very new to this place.

Either way, its true. P5 is the least liked on Yea Forums. You throwing some memecritic score around means as much as an IGN review.

Yeah.
>Oh so now it counts again?
It never didn't count, it's an aggregate site for critical scores.
>Sure why not, after all the buzz was huge.
So basically, the best sales in the series doesn't mean anything... because you said so
>Means what exactly?
Well going by interviews, Sakurai loved P5 and pushed for Joker for that reason

>What are you talking about, you can emulate pretty much the entirety of the MT library
Next Persona game you retard.

>Yeah, they're gonna continue Raidou right after that Nocturne remake and DDS3
Don't kick me when I'm already down please.

Yeah I know how the conversation on Yea Forums goes, but Yea Forums shits on anything so I don't give much on how many anons shit on it. I just felt like I'm over it. That's the best way to describe it because I didn't hate it or have distinct problems with it.

>Then you're delusional.
Says the guy who just insists everyone hates a game with a high metacritic score. You know, "because"
>Either way, its true. P5 is the least liked on Yea Forums.
Oh, on Yea Forums? You act like that means anything

>Next Persona game you retard.
There are other Persona games you haven't even played yet, that doesn't automatically mean P6

>"come samurai, do your worse."

Attached: 1562687236728.jpg (293x371, 26K)

>but Yea Forums shits on anything so I don't give much on how many anons shit on it.
This. Don't ever take Yea Forums disliking a game seriously whatsoever. People will find any good game and insist it's bad for the (you)s

>it's an aggregate site for critical scores.
Are you nuts? Most of those reviews are literally from the same outlets since IGN and IGN Italy are counted twice.
Not to mention that youre ignoring those reviews are always inflated. Remember Gerstman and Kane& Lynch? Trusting those reviews just shows how infantile you are.
>So basically, the best sales in the series doesn't mean anything...
In terms of quality they certainly don't. How many times do you need to have this conversation user? Or do you listen to Justin Bieber and love capeshit movies?
The fact that you can't understand how marketing works, is more worrying than you buying into sponsored content tier reviews.
>Sakurai loved P5 and pushed for Joker for that reason
Well thats nice for him, but what does it have to do with the game being the worst Persona to date?

I have played 1&2 though. I just didn't mention them because I played them on PS1 and its been so fucking long I hardly remember them.

youtube.com/watch?v=MMSmi8ZOSno

Attached: 1562841402947.jpg (1058x705, 117K)

>metacritic
There's that meme again. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.
>Oh, on Yea Forums? You act like that means anything
But metacritic does? Imagine being such a fucking fanboy!

>Persona (5) fags ruin yet another thread
like fucking clockwork

Thanks Persona. You ruined yet another thread.

>persona haters being up persona 5
>anons discuss it rationally
>waaah, persona 5 ruined the thread!
have sex

>Are you nuts? Most of those reviews are literally from the same outlets since IGN and IGN Italy are counted twice.
They're two different reviewers, and it's still an agregate site.
>Not to mention that youre ignoring those reviews are always inflated.
If they're always inflated then how come some games get bad reviews?
>In terms of quality they certainly don't.
It doesn't mean anything except for the fact that Atlus can see this is their most profitable game to date, and will continue to replicate the success. See, the thing is, you're right Better sales doesn't necessarily mean better quality. But the opposite is true too, so this is just a moot point.
>Well thats nice for him, but what does it have to do with the game being the worst Persona to date?
The fact that it's your opinion and most people like it.

Metacritic is an aggregate site for critical reviews. It certainly means more than what Yea Forums thinks, when people can anonymously post "this game sucks balls" without explaining themselves.

>Scanning... *Scans White Issachar* Excuses, unjustified resentment, self-justification, a rash desire to negate oneself...I don't see any good reason to join their cause.

Not first person.

>guns
>negotiation
>P5
You don't know what the fuck you're talking about, nigger. All that stuff was present in Persona 1 and 2, and on absolutely different levels.
P5 version is fucking shallow trash, and it's funny, since the entire series became style over substance shit, kek.

God damn perfect soundtrack. The only time I've imported a soundtrack and it was before I even played the game. Europe though so I had plenty of time before release.

best girl no argument