Escape from Tarkov's devs just announced they are adding the BattlEye anti-cheating system...

Escape from Tarkov's devs just announced they are adding the BattlEye anti-cheating system. Do you think this will help combat the cheating problem in the game, Yea Forums?

Attached: 20190812054600_1.jpg (1920x1080, 307K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=escape from tarkov buy
youtube.com/watch?v=bAweXWSUDgY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BattleEye is a fine anti-cheat. Still, there are better solutions like Easy Anti-Cheat.
At least it's not some punkbuster garbage and having BattleEye ensures there's no place for trash like VAC when the time for Steam release will come.

Sure but it won't fix the game being a grindy, buggy, unoptimized piece of shit.

>Sure but it won't fix the game being an unoptimized piece of shit.
The move to the new Unity engine will fix that. Grass rendering is being set to a minimum of 200 meters next patch.

Attached: 20190808091636_1.jpg (1920x1080, 339K)

>thinking you can outsmart slav cheaters
LMAO

its battle eye + the current system they already have in place btw

I prefer client-side anticheat to server side anticheat any day.

server-side anticheat is literally cancer due to how it forced developers to lock down servers and/or makes modding impossible (because server-side anticheat only ""works"" so long as it's hidden behind the curtain, which means you can't mod anything)

Escape from Tarkov was never intended to have mods.

Bout fucking time. Now if they could do something about the shitty performance (both client and servers) and the garbage progression and metagame balance. The task system is a massive, boring turd of utter tedium, and the price difference between low-tier and high-tier stuff is way too high for the marginal difference in cost effectiveness. And no, I'm not gonna get my hopes up about the Unity 2018 swap being a massive performance cure-all.

stop being poor + get gud
its that simple

That doesn't excuse shit and just makes it worse.

lel. I always have 10s of millions of Roubles and a 60-75% SR with a PMC k/d well over 3. Don't act like a dumb shill who wants to pretend the game doesn't have glaring issues. I've been playing this game for two years. It has major problems.

Attached: 2019-03-05[12-40] (0).png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

Whoops. Wrong pic. That one doesn't have PMC kills.

Attached: 2018-10-29[22-26] (0).png (1920x1080, 1.33M)

>The task system is a massive, boring turd of utter tedium
I don't know, user. Apart from certain tasks being slightly too hard to achieve, I feel like this system works fine.

>kill PMCs with a pistol (necessary task to progress early on in Skier's line and get additional rep levels)
>kill 20 PMCs on Shoreline, a map that often has fairly empty raids and can require many runs to complete depending on matchmaking luck
>every single quest that involves you picking up random, garbage loot which is now tagged "find in raid" so you can't just buy them off the market and save yourself the headache
>kill scavs with this stupid getup we tell you to wear
>find this extremely rare item that you'll spend 10-20 raids looking for and will lock you out of further progression until you find it
>get this skill to a level that takes ages to reach through normal playing
>lol dude shoot scavs in the leg for your sniper task, because that's a sensible thing to do
It's grindy. It isn't fun. And it generally lessens the PVP, which is the best part of the game (when the game is actually working). It technically works. But the game became instantly less fun the moment tasks were added, and the more they add, the less fun the game becomes. I just buy gear off the flea market at whatever markup people are listing them for because the system is so shit.

>kill PMCs with a pistol
Deploy on Factory like five times. Boom. Done.
>kill 20 PMCs on Shoreline
Go to the resort. Easy pickings.
>every single quest that involves you picking up random, garbage loot
If you don't want to loot things, why are you playing Escape from Tarkov?
>kill scavs
Easy. Free exp, free loot, free quest.
>find this extremely rare item
??
>get this skill to a level
Just play the game.
>lol dude shoot scavs in the leg for your sniper task
Eight leg shots. That's like two to three scavs at most. Easy.

Okay. Keep defending the worst parts of this game, retard. I didn't say these weren't doable. I said they were tedious. When you need to do boring shit like that over and over and over for 20-40 hours to get the traders maxed every wipe, you realize how shitty they really are. Going out and looting random garbage instead of actually good shit or going out of your way to meme on scavs are not fun things to do in a game with such bland PVE. Getting locked out of higher trader levels because you want to actually have fun is retarded. When all the trader levels required were $ spent and PMC level, you could play the game however you wanted and do whatever you wanted (loot, PVE, PVP, whatever). That was peak Tarkov. You didn't have to loot fucking Clorox and pliers if you didn't want to, and you could shoot Scavs in the face like someone who actually wants to kill the things they shoot at.

And don't even get me started on the fucking skill system.

>Playing the game is tedious
Okay, user.

Attached: (you).jpg (233x233, 16K)

Pretty much this. The only reason I'm playing the game right now is because I've grinded to a point where I have a mass of shit which I might as well use -- but when the reset happens, I'm washing my hands of this game. The only place of any real interest for me is Kibba on Interchange. Everywhere else is largely uninteresting (maybe you can make a case for Shoreline resort?). So I'm either going Kibba or Labs almost all of the time. To be honest I only really go to Labs due to the fact that is the endgame location, but I don't really enjoy fighting in labs either due to the fact that if you're moving around trying to make things happen (if you will) you are taking MAJOR risks trying to do sweeps. Not saying it can't be done, but my god are the odds against you.

This game needs not only more interesting areas to bring people to, but the areas themselves need to be interesting. Interchange seems to be the only real example I can point to being done right. Dorms on Customs for example might bring people to it, but to fight there when people are holding the angles makes it so static (especailly when your ways to push are so limited), that there are times when you push, you're hoping to god that his aim is off or that you're carrying the better gear to survive the trade.

I completely agree with the tasks too, absolutely boring, random ass grindy shit. I've seen enough of this game to realise how little content there is, or how the lategame isn't for me. The reset can't come soon enough desu.

>only 10's and 75% Sr
wooow
get gud u shitter

The military base sounds cool on paper.

>Easy Anti-Cheat
Go to bed, Tim.

Tarkov is fun and I genuinely hope the next patch really improves the game.

Attached: 1542576192768.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

That's funny. I like the Dorms fights, but I'm one to hold the angles, so it make sense. I get what you're saying though. It's really rough when you've got a guy or two holding the L by marked room (which is what is objectively the best Dorms hold). I wish Interchange wasn't quite so dark. I have a hard time playing it without straining my eyes to check every dark corner that a guy could be hanging out in, but I'm happy to blame my cheaping out on a monitor with (probably) shitty black levels for this one. The layout on it is great though. For whatever reason, I just don't like Labs that much.

I'd love to see them randomize the loot more so that areas that currently aren't worth going to at all (Shoreline Village) bring people to them. That way you get fights in more varied environments instead of being obligated to travel to Resort, Dorms, Kiba, etc. for reliable PVP and looting. Also, being able to loot more shit like armor and more high-tier guns would be cool too.

I've barely played this wipe, and I have a bunch of gear that I should at least partially use before the next one. But raids that aren't Labs are so dead, and I've been having so much more fun with other games.

kek

For all the criticisms I have about the game, I agree with you, man. I want .12 to be good. Ancient .webm incoming.

Attached: The Chase.webm (853x480, 2.86M)

I haven't played since last november, so i've been getting an itch to play again too. I don't think I've had a chance to try lab yet either.
Might as well post some webums too.

Attached: knock knock.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Man, I feel sorry for the people who spawn there, especially late spawn there. As garbage as the old Factory spawns were, some of the newer ones were so much worse.
>the room in your webm
>putting people right fucking next to the offices so they can get there for free
They should just give it up and make Factory a 4 player map until Arena (lol), in which case make it a 2v2 or 3v3.

We /gif/ now.
>inb4 someone talks shit about me not zeroing in a version that didn't have zeroing in it

Attached: Range Finder.webm (1280x720, 2.87M)

I barely zero even though I can now, i've just gotten used to guesstimating the drop and it works out most times. Though I don't take super long ranged encounters if I can help it.
>factory spawns
I feel like they should just get some kind of algorithm that completely mixes set spawn points to help against knowing exactly where someone is immediately.
Although, if I recall in that webm, it was like 6+ minutes into the raid when I came in as scav so they were just chilling in there for a while.

Attached: snipes.webm (852x480, 2.91M)

>9mm vs 45

is this shit game ever going to leave alpha?

By the way, lads, Hired Ops (successor to pic related) is supposed to be going F2P soon™. It'll probably be bad, but who knows.
>inb4 "shill"

Also, when .12 hits, I'm gonna try remaking /eftg/, so look for it if you want.

>i've just gotten used to guesstimating the drop and it works out most times
Same. Doesn't help that the zeroing is fucking broken half the time anyway.

Planned™
I'd say no sooner than 2 years, 3 if I'm being realistic. They have so much shit planned to still be added.

Attached: Contract-Wars---USEC.jpg.a7cedd777100519c862abe1899af83dc.jpg.592f7488bd065e2720e1c236dedb54a8.jpg (2560x1440, 780K)

Pop pop, watching scavvies drop.

Attached: 20190812161749_1.jpg (1920x1080, 318K)

>/eftg/
It was in its death throes when I took a break from the game, but I guess there wasn't any time when it wasn't dying. I heard that the discord that sperg spammed actually picked up steam and got people to join it? If so then that's disappointing as /vg/(or Yea Forums as a whole) and discord don't mix.

Attached: shoreline3.webm (1136x640, 2.94M)

I made this for /eftg/, and it remains true even after almost an entire year.

Attached: types.jpg (1522x2674, 939K)

Yeah, it would be alive for a few threads after wipe and then slowly die off as there became less to talk about. Not enough people and no waifufag shitposting to keep it alive. I never heard anything about a Steam group, but I never joined a Discord either. Also
>playing the shitter faction
ISHYGDDT

Attached: USUCs in charge of breaching.webm (1255x720, 1.7M)

I haven't played in about 8 months and I'm fucking dieing to get back into it. Between Unity 2018, BE on top of their inhouse AC, and all the new little shit coming in .12, I'm excited as fuck.

Attached: Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.02 - 21.49.27.77.png (1920x1080, 1.07M)

I remember this. Forever a mix of Predator and Bitch but only the last part.

Attached: Customs Head Straight Into the Action.webm (853x480, 2.84M)

it's not gonna stop me lmao. time to go own some more NOOBS with my aimbot and take their shit rofl. stupid faggots playing this game WITHOUT an aimbot/esp are goddamn morons. this russian faggot game is only playable with hacks.

Attached: Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.08.11 - 10.47.15.48.jpg (1920x1080, 3.29M)

>PRS stock on fighting gun

Attached: 200_s.gif (300x200, 28K)

Yo dawg we heard u liek lasers.
I'm cautiously optimistic for .12.

Attached: 2018-10-21[14-37] (2).png (1920x1080, 1.15M)

>not playing the respectable faction that bows before every encounter
I'm 90% their "inhouse AC" is a meme due to how completely inconsistent it was.

Attached: what did he mean by this.webm (960x540, 2.92M)

That's a nice gun you have there.

Attached: 20170811221535_1.jpg (1920x1080, 162K)

>Kill NEWBIE FAGGOT
>TAKE HIS FAGGOT GUN
>MAKE HIM PISS HIS PANTS IN FEAR
>SHIT ALL OVER HIM WITH UNSTOPPABLE UNDETECTABLE HACKING SUITE
OWNED KID LMAO

Attached: tarkovisabadgame.png (1920x1080, 1.26M)

>Too bad to win fairly
>Calls other people "noobs"
Take your meds.

>making a discord
thats the dumbest shit ever. You are just competing with yourself in terms of posts. Its either one or the other. Discord from Yea Forums always breaks down into dumb meme shit and degeneracy combines with "le cheeki breeki" underage spam.

eftg will be back for a few months once .12 hits. then we will die again unless bsg feels like advertising the game or people stop being poor.

LOL I RUN SCARDEY PANTS FAAGGOOTTSSS DOWN TOO DUMB TO NOT CHEAT AND I RAPE THEM I RAAAPE THEM I RAPE THEM

Attached: IRAPEDHIM.jpg (1920x1080, 2.84M)

>being an honorfag
lol
Get fucking wrekt by me and my bud chameleoned as bushes and simultaneously smashing your shit in with the Dragon King Greataxe.

(you) are a shitter. Congrats on your extreme homosexuality

Attached: Hey Buddy.webm (960x540, 2.61M)

thanks for buying my game lmao
really hope you buy it multiple times so you can continue cheating and I can keep farming your wallet thanks lol

LOL I BUY STOLEN CD KEYS FOR 5 DOLLARS ITS A RUSSIAN GAME HOW DUFCKING HARD DO YOU THINK IT IS TO GET A STOLEN KEY AHGHGHGHR GHR RR IM CUMMING

thanks for the 5 lol

Imagine being so pathetic you need to cheat at a game in order to earn a hollow victory.

Attached: 20180728074119_1.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

>Nyet comrade, body is fine.

GRAHHHH I OWN YOU I GET ALL THE LOOT I GET ALL YOUR GUNS I GET EVERYTHING I WIN YOU LOSE I HAVE THE ADVANTAGE YOU ARE MY PREY LOL I GET HARD WHEN I CHASE PEOPLE DOWN AND SPRAY THEM TO DEATH WITH PINPOINT ACCURATE FULL AUTO HIPFIRE WHILE MOVING AT A SPRINT GHHUUWGGHHH

Attached: Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.03.04 - 13.00.02.42.png (1920x1080, 2M)

>kills fellow USEC before skinning the bear
nothing personnel pmc

Attached: chaotic evil.webm (1280x720, 2.96M)

>Sergey Ivonovich, Pro Skater 5

Attached: Bearfooted PMC Pulls Off Sick FS Noseslide.webm (1280x720, 2.45M)

Really? Because Nikita has stated for years he'll never utilize a third party anti-cheat and that their anti-cheat will be 100% in house and 'the best anti-cheat ever.'

He also promised Hideouts nearly 2 years ago, and has failed to meet any and every deadline he's set for the company. This game is garbage and its community is some of the most autistic people I've ever seen. It seems everyone that streams this game is either an ex-marine looking for pitybux or a fat fuck from Canada e-begging.

>playing the coward's faction who doesn't bring gear and hugs corners of the map in hopes of getting a cheeky kill

Attached: Fuck Moslings.webm (1280x720, 2.55M)

>This one autist off his meds

Sick grind, user.

Attached: 20190811070726_1.jpg (1920x1080, 411K)

Why did this shit had to be online crap

Thanks, man. I bailed on the first three attempts, but it was rad to finally land it.

>hear someone behind me
>think it's someone at the jump spot
>it's a little USUC hiding in a bush sucking his thumb
LMAO

Attached: Fucking Bush Wookies.webm (853x480, 2.68M)

>playing the faction who's too poor to afford knee pads
>tfw i don't have many webms of killing bears since everyone else also plays usec

Attached: slug'd.webm (1024x576, 2.49M)

>grindy
Yes, dear god yes. Although I still genuinely enjoy each game (which alleviate the grind), it's still fucking grindy. Fuck the lab runs with their stupid 125.000 slavmoney one-time access card. Bless the retard however, that fail to loot keys in other maps, the key often being valued to thousand or hundred thousands ruble
>buggy
Meh. Much better than before, it's not any more buggy than most AAA release. Much less than some if you count the Bethesda or Bioware piece of shit.
>unoptimized
Unless you go for MSAA, which makes your framerate drops like there's no tommorow, it's mostly fine. You can max out everything barring MSAA4x and hold a steady 60 FPS with a 980ti, which is quite a few year old model already. I however agree some maps lack optimization with unexplicable drops in certain area.

>spoiler
Is fair. I remember that Prapor mission of killing 18 BEARs in an hour being absolute hell. The Factory spam was real.

Attached: See Ya, Nerds.webm (768x432, 2.74M)

>offline crap
>mindlessly one shotting ez pz AI from across the map
>AI just runs into your bullets no challenge at all

Worlds AI isn't at that point where they are challenging yet

how do I get this game

have they fixed the stutters and desyncs yet? that really turned me off from this game

Cheating is the least of this games problems. Maybe these idiots should fix the netcode first.

If you can't do a Google search to figure it out on your own, you won't like the game anyway. It doesn't hold your hand at all.

I went to the website, but all I'm seeing is videos

lmgtfy.com/?q=escape from tarkov buy

the real question is how to get this game for cheap

Acquire spectacles.

I remember seeing most of your webms back in /eftg/, you weren't the dude from belgium were you? I know he posted a lot of webms too.
From what i've heard, they're still around now, but people are hoping the transition to unity 2018 will help remedy them.

Attached: what did he mean by this?.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

youtube.com/watch?v=bAweXWSUDgY
HOL UP tarkov looks like THAT?

wtf is this p2w stash size bullshit
fuck this

I've been running the standard stash for ~2-3 years now and it's completely serviceable if you had any modicum of common sense.

Nah, I'm an Americlap. That raider, kek.

Attached: Ow. Fuck. My everything.webm (853x480, 2.91M)

yeah no shit
other p2w game players also use this line of logic, I've heard this shit tier defense far too many times

So is this some multiplayer STALKER rip off or what

just buy my fucking game retard

>Knows nothing of the game
>Cries that it's pay to win
>No you actual players of the game don't know it's not pay to win! You're lying!

Why would you think it's a STALKER ripoff?

The economy of the game is much, much different now. This was absolute filthy rich back then though. Standard is fine, if annoying as fuck.

>babby who can't even use Google talks about logic
Sides status: extended beyond the outer reaches of the Milky Way

Nah. Takes inspiration from STALKER but that's about it. Anyone comparing them is an idjit.

Attached: 2017-09-13[12-02] (0).jpg (1912x2460, 2.47M)

How do I git gud at hipfiring? Do I just slap a laser on and call it a day?

Attached: 1350594293765.jpg (500x500, 109K)

yeah
I've seen this line of argument too from other whales that play p2w korean MMOs and they try to defend it
fuck this shit, you're all so into this games p2w culture that I doubt any of you'll see any sense
bye
don't even @ me

>americlap
Yeah so am I, maybe we can squad up sometime in /eftg/ if it lives longer than a thread or two after patch. I honestly feel like I play better solo, but I always hear how fun it is to squad so I give it a go every now and again.
In-game, someone with EoD has zero combat advantages over a standard player. The closest thing would be a bigger secure container, but you can get one with in-game currency yourself.

Attached: check your corners.webm (1280x720, 2.84M)

Lasers unironically reduce hipfire spread now because your weapon sways less with them on. Shit is retarded, and I wish they would revert that change. Otherwise, just play more or play more games with crosshair off. Killing Floor is a good one for this due to the amount of pew pewing you do and the hipfire being more accurate than it is in most games (games that don't have nearly perfect muzzle accuracy, like Tarkov).

Attached: Deaglin Demo.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

Shoot more.

Attached: point4.webm (852x480, 2.95M)

holy fuck that's cringe my son

>Person who doesn't play the game claims it's pay to win
>Several people who do play the game say it's not
>NO I AM RIGHT

not that guy but how much does it cost in terms of hours starting from scratch

yeah, the top laser is a bitch with the UH-1, which is my favorite sight, because it fucks up my whole screen on recoil, but the triple laser is one of my favorite goofs

Attached: Escape From Tarkov Screenshot 2019.01.02 - 22.07.31.40.png (1920x1080, 1.53M)

A gamma container is like one and a half million now? One shitty scav raid is easily 100k roubles. One good PMC raid can be ~500k.

I mean, that doesn't really answer my question but sure

Maybe, yeah. I'm pretty shy outside of joking around on here though, so I rarely add people on stuff. I usually play better on my own too 'cause I do a lot of flanking and situational camping, and I think groups tend to play more statically with more consistent movement.

Attached: Corner Checking.webm (1280x720, 2.38M)

You can't buy the Gamma container from the market anymore, or any containers for that matter. Nik axed that for whatever reason fucking Jew. You can still get a slightly bigger one from a trader (not sure how much playtime, but it isn't quick, especially for newbies). You can get two from quests too, each are harder than the first one I mentioned with the second being the biggest container in the game (although limited with what can be put in it) but requiring you to have completed all the tasks (takes the people who have that shit down to a science like 30 hours or something, so much longer for newer people). So yeah, ending the container suffering takes a good chunk of time for standard people, unless you have a friend who can drop a better one for you in-game.

No they need to rebuild this game on a working engine

wait, so you're telling me, this game is p2w?

>Implying you need containers
Scav lyfe

If you consider cramming extra loot up your prison wallet instead of winning PVP engagements "winning" then yes, it's a bit P2W. But in all seriousness, it's more like "pay to not be immensely fucking annoyed by your inventory size and gay, shitty container".

>Hasn't played the game
>PAY TO WIN!
You can literally kill someone who has spent thousands of hours on the game who is decked out in the best shit you can get, with nothing but a mosin nagant in two to three hits.

Wait, the Mosin isn't a one shot through Gen IV now?

Depends on what you classify as "winning". A standard player can have the exact same equipment on a EoD player, and any extra gear an EoD player starts with can be taken by a standard player after they kill them. An EoD player isn't any stronger in combat than anyone else.

it's not winning, but it's certainly designed in a way for you to want to pay more
it's more like "p2 take the big jew dick out of your ass but put it in your mouth because you paid extra"
kind of deal

>he move to the new Unity engine will fix that.
hilariously unlikely

got it, so the best move is to not play

>can't even figure out how to buy the game
>thinks he understands what anyone (who has actually played the game) is talking about and calls the game P2W

Attached: 1554067989298.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

>Hasn't played the game
>Doesn't intend on playing the game
>Cries about the game being pay to win (which it isn't)
>Says people who play the game and claim otherwise are lying

Attached: asd.png (500x459, 23K)

why do you even care if he plays the game, do you have a personal connection with this game?
why does it hurt you on a personal level when he criticizes the game?
are they paying you?
how much are they paying you?
don't tell me that you are doing this... for free

>People just memorized the loot spots and just run through at the start of every map and collect all the loot before anyone can get to it and extract if it's any good
Amazing how the community manage to ruin every game.

I don't care if you play the game, my dude. I just think it's funny how you think you're smart but are so obviously retarded. And don't even try to act like you aren't that guy. The odds that you aren't samefagging are so fucking minimal that it's not even worth mentioning.
>inb4 screen shot of (you)s with 4chanX because he doesn't know

so you are doing this for free

>people are passionate about things they enjoy
>y-you must be shilling!

Yes. Nobody needs to pay me to call people idiots on an anonymous cartoon compendium. I do so freely for personal entertainment.
>didn't even try to deny the samefag

Attached: 1551564625977.png (238x288, 111K)

BEye have the same utility than the Hack Shield from the KMMOs.

NONE.

deny what?
your delusion, I know that you've got a perfect explanation for anything, from how I'm supposedly samefagging to how this games p2w mechanics somehow isn't p2w, but enough about that
at the end of the day, you're the guy that bought into a p2w game, and that's that

Keep going.

Attached: 1559187120753.gif (500x500, 2.41M)

>I don't keep birds but I think it's a pay to win hobby because falcons are cooler than parkeets
Okay, user.

Are there even 1000 people left playing that shit?

Siege doesn't have that many considering its playerbase, does it? Doesn't that use BEye?

It might stop some cheaters, but not all of them
Also the game will still be shit which can't be fixed.

Attached: 1540811728445.jpg (512x384, 70K)