Untitled

youtube.com/watch?v=1yIHLQJNvDw

youtube.com/watch?v=Pwdw-lI8G-c

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07-_Ze8wvDw
youtu.be/Vgev9Gzybk8
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38019
youtube.com/watch?v=rzhw_jxWJoU
youtube.com/watch?v=p9zvIJyF4M8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

breath of the gigantic empty map
breath of the recolored enemies
breath of the 2 hit broken weapons
breath of the no dungeons
breath of the no zelda items

>trailer only shows landscape shots, cutscenes and link running around doing nothing
Did they know the game sucks?

Attached: 1559550911844.png (247x546, 106K)

They knew that's all we wanted instead of shitty railroading and unskippable cutscenes.

This game really sucks, why people still saying that it was good?

seethe of the snoyboy

zelda garbage

inb4 the brazillian fag posts days-hours-minute-seconds meme for the 4,200th time

would you say it makes you upset the moment you see it?

Worst current gen nintendo exclusive soundtrack

not at all. i love replying to that cunt and telling him how obsessed he is and quoting how many times it's been posted in the archive

i can never achieve the level of butthurt it takes to be that obsessed :^)

the only zelda game i never bothered finishing. i really hope they make real 3d zeldas like oot and tp again and not this open-world ubisoft garbage.

I'm sure there are a lot of people that haven't watched this yet
youtube.com/watch?v=07-_Ze8wvDw
worth watching every minute of it, really great stuff
you can skip the parts where it's just some nips talking, unless you can understand them I guess

sounds to me like you obsess about this guy to the point of developing a ritual related to it
maybe you should take a break from the internet for a few weeks or something

>gigantic empty map

What is this sad meme? BotW has more content than just about any other world you can think of.

And everything else you wrote was a lie too. What gives?

Are you just ignoring the entire second half of the trailer showing combat and story cutscenes or are you actually just retarded?

You sound pretty angry. Also pathetic, jesus.

Yes, "content" such as "talk to this korok and shoot an arrow at a balloon x100, do copy paste combat trial x50, and chop down some trees/deliver some meat x75". Nice fucking content, that garbage is offline mmo tier in its design.

>breath of shitpost

what kind of things would you have liked for the map to contain?

Attached: riju.png (1700x2100, 1M)

Why did all the characters in this game have weird western art looking faces?

>map with more interactivity and poi's than any other open world game being hailed as the pinnacle of the genre
>shitload of different weapons with different uses against different enemies and to be creative with, utilized by a durability system that encourages experiementation
>over 120 shrines that never lock the player into one place for too long as to not compromise the exploration focus of the game, again being hailed as genius design
>most elaborate and universal zelda items to date, instead of a gimmick thats useful only in two-three places
I can give you the enemies, but I wouldn't even list it since its not that big of an issue.
I wonder why you're trying so hard to be negative.

Climbing over mountain tops (the fucking landscape itself is content which doesn't exist in other open world games) I spy a strange structure in the distance. Curiosity piques my interest and I make my way there.

Turns out its a massive fucking labyrinth, creeping my way around trying to solve it while being stalked by gigantic killer robots. Finding my way to the centre I find the entrance to a subterranean chamber containing special armour which increases my attack strength and even an underground crypt packed full of gaurdians.

None of this is scripted. No cutscenes. Just unfolding naturally in full open gameplay where I have complete agency to do whatever I want. The entire game is full of unique content like this. The sense of wonder and discovery is unmatched.

>n-no none of that count!

Every fucking time. Why do shitters have to lie about the game to convince themselves they have a point?

Attached: 1537176178486.png (900x506, 628K)

Breath of the TWO WHOLE FUCKING YEARS OF BUTTHURT

why is link so dummy thicc?

do you guys think the sequel will be able to live up to the GOTD that was BoTW?
just thinking of the trailers that we're gonna get before it releases is already giving me half a boner

Meaningful side quests and not mmo tier shittery.

Why did the DLC have to be so shit

Attached: 1546411028777.png (608x472, 343K)

Right, you get a special armor that gives you an effect you could already get by eating food, see, exploration is only truly rewarding when the destination is as good as the voyage, and breath of the wild is sorely lacking in that departement.

You mean that one labyrinth at the end of the game map which is basically just like every other zone in the game? you're overstating how "specialized" that area was. That's far more pathetic than someone "lying" about the games content. No one even lied about the content int he game, if you think anything in isn't true, you're just delusional.

You must be one of those moron who thinks Ocarina is better than majora

I don’t think you can think of an adventure or rpg where the quest can’t be reduced to “go here, kill this, gather that, talk to this guy.” Reductionism is stupid and not valid criticism.

You’re angry faggot

Attached: CAA2B2AA-A418-462B-9076-3ADBC22FCA2B.jpg (700x913, 122K)

breath of i did not play the game nor care about it but i'm a sad little empty butthurt teen who needs to parrot random anger to fill the void in my mediocre life leading to nowhere because i waste half on the day on Yea Forums

>Meaningful side quests
like what?

Breath of the "I had more fun playing this game than any other single player game in over a decade"

Breath of the "3D Zeldas that followed the OoT format had gotten very stale and very linear, so this was a breath of fresh air, and you are a contrarian nigger"

Can't understand game design.

Has literally no argument beyond "fuck you!"

Oh well.

Breath of the cope

I played OOT and Wind Waker prior to BotW and I can easily say they are all as empty as each other. What content did you remember being in the first two that isn't in the third?

Hahaha look at this angry sperg

How is that any different to previous Zelda games?

There was two from what I remember?

Have you never played another Zelda game in your life?

>You will never play botw for the first time again

Attached: 1514795528775.gif (400x265, 2.36M)

>Has literally no argument beyond "fuck you!"
How terrible is your reading comprehension?I can name plenty where it isn't like an mmo quest.

I swear this trailer can almost be considered bullshot. It promised a big bombastic story with cool characters and an emotional plot but the actual game delivered on none of those. Hoepfully the sequel can rectify this

Truly the game that defines this generation. No other game can even compete

You seriously need to ask that question? Go play any pre 3 fallout game or cRPG like Arcanum or Planescape if you want an idea of what a meaningful side quest is.

But the game already released user.
Is this some sort of bait thread for a flame war?

Don't remind me. Game took me about 70 hours to play to a completion level that I'm satisfied with but I enjoyed every minute of it. Just need to finish the trials and shit. They did an amazing job with the game, when you crossed that destroyed cement bridge/canyon to get the one memory really made shit feel like a giant treacherous canyon. I only wish the main quests were longer, I wanted more.

Say what you want about the game, but this may be one of the best trailers of all time.
The music alone is the best the series has to offer, and each of the scenes shown shows exactly the kind of gameplay/mood reflective in the music.
Everything is in-game that's in the trailers, save for the music. You feel misled because the soundtrack was an overall letdown, hence the importance of music when conveying importance in a visual medium.

>do copy paste combat trial x50
That was a legitimate flaw, but there are only 20 of those.

BotW's main content includes:

>shrines
>environmental puzzles and riddles (shrine quests)
>normal sidequests
>korok challenges
>towers to complete map
>horses to tame
>towns and stables
>enemy encampments that can be conquered in a variety of ways
>chests containing weapons and armor
>wildlife to hunt
>resources such as cooking ingredients and mineral deposits
>climate hazards and other navigational obstacles
>countless one-off discoveries like the horse god, the lord of the mountain, the great fairies, the dragons, the labyrinths, the cursed statue, the monster shop, etc.
>can find ANY of the above within any given square yard, with the terrain specifically designed to guide you towards these things

That's already way more to do than literally any previous Zelda game. It's also more involved just in terms of basic navigation.

>i can name pleanty
>doesnt name them

>That was a legitimate flaw, but there are only 20 of those.
20 of which should have been split up into five legit dungeons instead.

The shitposting about BOTW's music is sad. Legitimately fantastic music everywhere in game.

Breath of the two-and-a-half-year seethe

>You mean that one labyrinth at the end of the game map which is basically just like every other zone in the game?
There are only three labyrinths in the game, retard, and all three of them are designed differently.

>""""""""""music""""""""""
Besides these are video games we're talking about here not audio games, who gives a shit about music.

Attached: Danny Elfman.jpg (500x688, 88K)

see how the op doesn't need to contain a single word to bait the contrarians into assuming their usual apeish roles
it's easy and fun, plus you get to talk about the game a little bit as well

Longer than that. These people were seething when the game was announced.

I've yet to do it (properly, at least, I ran around in the starting area for a bit once), and I'm honestly not looking forward to it.
I can see it being the same kind of overrated mediocrity as witcher 3, which actually almost didn't disappoint me because it was obvious why exactly it wouldn't be very good.

so fetch quests lmao

Putting music in about as many quotes as you have dicks in your ass is not an argument.

>owns and stables
True, but the issue is how copy-paste it all feels. It isn't a meme to say that you've seen most of the game right after completing the Great Plateau, and most of the content in the game is extremely barebones. Horse Taming is almost worthless, side quests all consist of "i need this item" and the rewards for them are all terrible, and things like korok challenges all basically being the exact same thing with only a tiny variation between them. The one-off discoveries were nice, but were were far too little of them. If the rest of the game used those as a basis for things like side quests and activities then the game would have had better content in my eyes.

Quality > Quantity. BotW has a lot of content quantity, but hardly any quality.

>who gives a shit about music
miniature brain

You've never played a classic cRPG in your life, have you? BotW is the one with fetch quests.

I played Baldurs gate 1 and PST.

All the quests were just
>go to X
>kill Y
>grab Z
>return to me

You can swap >kill Y with >talk to Y in PST but that's about it

>tfw playing it for the first time right now

god, feels bad knowing I missed out on the hype two years ago but feels good playing this game now. Must have played at least 50 hours already and I still only freed one divine beast (the fish/elephant one) because I keep walking around towards any interesting thing I see. No game has made me feel this way about exploration since San Andreas.

BotW is one of the best games of all time, finally fulfilling the original vision of the devs for the original legend of zelda. Hopefully BotW 2 will be the Majora's Mask to BotW's Ocarina of Time

Attached: 1553091246566.jpg (283x263, 11K)

I'm not shitposting, I'm just showing how music greatly affects how we perceive visual media:

>Trailer
>Music is overall a bombastic grand melody featuring a keynote finale of Zelda music

>Game
>Very soft musical cues for traveling, while music in important areas reflects the nature of your surroundings

I like the music in the game, I just wanted more of it.

>it only counts as "content" if it fits my extremely narrow and specified definition of it
Didn't expect anything else from a snoygroid.

pretty much exactly how I played it
I actually forced myself to play undocked as to limit my playtime to the switch's battery life, otherwise I would just endless find things in the distance to go towards and never stop playing

>True, but the issue is how copy-paste it all feels.
A tiny minority of shrines are truly copypasted. None of the towns feel copypasted. The shrine quest puzzles that make use of the outdoors environment are all completely unique from each other, and there over 40 of those. The one-off discoveries were also totally unique.

>It isn't a meme to say that you've seen most of the game right after completing the Great Plateau
That is a meme, because most of the content I listed literally can't be found on the Great Plateau.

>side quests all consist of "i need this item"
Not all of them. Also, it's not like every other game in the franchise wasn't littered with those sidequests.

>The one-off discoveries were nice, but were were far too little of them.
The one-off discoveries like large mythical dragons and magical horse gods are secrets, retard. Secrets are supposed to be rare, not common. Even previous games had very few things like that, so it's impressive that BotW manages to have as many one-offs as it does.

Play the game.

Good game design is rewarding the player with rewards appropriate for the how much effort was needed to obtain them.
And breath of the wild will only ever reward you with shrines, korok seeds, and armor that gives you abilities you can already get from food.

Because he knows I’m right. You can make anything sound lame if you intentionally strip away everything around it to the most basic thing.

>talk to this korok and shoot an arrow at a balloon x100
Doesn't exist in the game. You don't talk to koroks to initiate their puzzles. 0/10 try again
>copy paste combat trial x50
Doesn' exist, there's 20 tests of strength spread out on over 120 shrines, and with different difficulties. 0/10 try again
>and chop down some trees/deliver some meat x75
another bad faith argument ignoring the plethora of shrine puzzle quests, character quests and even misrepresenting that even fetch quests fit nicely into the game's structure. 0/10 try again

>Nice fucking content,
yea we know. in fact that you don't know shows that you're an idiot who cannot grasp what people smarter than him are able to grasp.
that's why you need to resort to shitposts and generalizations like "hurr quests is just go there do that lmao" to even have a point.
you are not capable of critical thought. you are talking about things you obviously dont understand. you try to mask your insecurity and lack of thinking ability with aggressiveness.
you are nothing.

I can't believe I actually thought this game would be good.
I hope genshin impact and botw 2 do it better. Genshin at least looks like it has better combat.

Majora mask was filled to the brim with cool sidequests that involved interesting characters, and that gave you and unique items as reward for your trouble.

>exploration is only truly rewarding when the destination is as good as the voyage, and breath of the wild is sorely lacking in that departement.
That's literally what its praised for the most....

fpbp

I didn't say you were shitposting, I said the shitposting. Like the smooth brain that replied to my post. BOTW's score has the most thought put into it out of any of the LOZ games, to the point that people are still putting out videos of such subtle changes in musical tone or sequence in remote areas. Someone found the most subtle change in key during a very specific sequence transition on the mountain peak during a snow storm. And then you have the amazing tracks that are in your face during battles, horse riding, new villages or areas, etc.

>Ridiculous nitpicking intead of actually adressing his points.

Nice, go learn how a conversation works.

>genshin combat
>just musou-tier non-reactive enemies with a prettier open world
lolwut?

Majora's Mask was filled to the brim with "talk to X NPC at X time of day" sidequests. People overrate the fuck out of MM's sidequests because of the NPCs (even though there are very few actually interesting ones) but the reality is that most of its sidequests have very little mechanical depth.

>shrines
completing the shrine rewards you the orbs you use to upgrade your health and stamina, each hugely facilitating combat and exploration respectively
>korok seeds
allows you to expand your inventory to carry a whole lot more weapons, bows and shields which also improves the player's combat and exploration experience
>armor
gives you a permanent boost / ability that doesn't require stocking up on ingredients or preparing before tackling some challenge

The reality is that BotW’s score is too technical for its own good. It’s awesome for music fans like you or me, but for everyone else, it doesn’t deliver the expected big orchestra sound that the trailers promised.

>A tiny minority of shrines are truly copypasted.
Around half of them are all either copy-pasted combat trials or single rooms with breaindead puzzles insdie of them, or it's just a shrine with nothing but the monk reward at the end and the "challenge" was just finding the shrine and going inside.
>That is a meme, because most of the content I listed literally can't be found on the Great Plateau.
You listed 13 points and 7 of them can be found on the great plateau, arguably 8. So this is wrong.
>Not all of them
Yes, but most of them, which is the point I was trying to make.
>The one-off discoveries like large mythical dragons and magical horse gods are secrets
That isn't the point I was trying to make you god damn illiterate fuck. Can you not read? If the rest of the game used the core functionality of these as an idea for actual side quests then it would be far better. Like the Akkala citadel being a one-off discovery but having an actual dungeon built inside of it, for example, with its own unique mini boss akin to a Darknut. More one-off things like the fucking Island shrine quest in the Necluda Sea region and less "I need some twigs, go bring me 5".

I don't know why you fucking dumb asses always get so riled up when people actually try criticizing your golden goose of a game properly instead of just shitposting at you. Someone else mentioned Majora's Mask and he's 100% right.

>Telling him to learn how a conversation works when you can't refute his points
Ironic.

No? Breath of the wild is most certainly not prased for his 500 korok seeds and his 120 shrines, even people who like the game just sidestep the issue that the game never rewards you with anything interesting, like, say, a grappling hook, or a mask that does something unique.

That’s a lot of words just to say “i-it doesn't count!”

>Ridiculous nitpicking

Oh the irony. Thats haters can muster. They either have to nitpick gaming tropes which exist is every fucking video game ever made and pretend they're MASSIVE GAME-BREAKING FAULTS in BotW or they just have to flat-out LIE about the game.

I will admit the enemies don't fight back much, sadly I think they had to dumb the difficulty down for mobilefags.

And even if that was the case it's still better than whatever BotW did.
>People overrate the fuck out of MM's sidequests
That's rich coming from the guy praising mmo tier fetch quests in BotW as the second coming of christ.

any video links of the music tone changes?

Yes, it shows landscapes, adventure and mystery, they knew what their game was all about. :)

>Breath of the wild is most certainly not prased for his 500 korok seeds and his 120 shrines
People are doing that in the thread right now.

Spirit orbs alone are already a massive upgrade over heart pieces because it's not just health anymore and there's an active choice involved on the player's behalf.

Once you played 3 games that have quests in them you played all games that have quests in them. Once you played 3 open world games they are all empty and lacking in content.

You gotta listen to the trailer song again. They delivered completely on that, from the battles with the Divine beasts and blights/ganon representing the bombastic parts to the other half of the trailer bring slow piano music. If people were expecting the game to be nothing but horns and drums for 100 hours, they're morons. No Zelda game has ever done that.

I've been slowly chipping away at this game on a second playthrough. It's really fucking good.

Attached: 1555774411736.png (382x360, 342K)

>sidestep the issue that the game never rewards you with anything interesting

>champion abilities - literally the game's version of magic spells
>tons of unique armour sets offering abilities and can be upgraded for more abilities.
>absolutely tons of weapons and bows offering unique elemental attacks or buffs.

And so on...

>none of it counts!

Right, all ways to increase your *numbers* or to facilitate something you could already do, never any new tool that really change the way you interact with the world around you.

The dungeon rewards are especially egregious, as they just trivizalize an aspect of the game, revali's gale trivialize climbing, Daruk's Protection trivializes perfect shielding,
Urbosa's fury triviliazes combat, and Mipha's grace makes it litteraly impossible to fucking die.

FPBP

Your logic is fucking laughable.

Search "invisible sound design in breath of the wild". At 7 minutes he talks about it.
youtu.be/Vgev9Gzybk8

>Around half of them are all either copy-pasted combat trials or single rooms with breaindead puzzles insdie of them, or it's just a shrine with nothing but the monk reward at the end and the "challenge" was just finding the shrine and going inside.
The combat trials account for only 1/6th of total shrines in the game. Everything else either contains a unique puzzle inside the shrine or a unique environmental puzzle outside that rewards you with a blessing shrine.

If you're going to spout bullshit, at least get basic facts about the game right. 20 combat shrines isn't "half".

>You listed 13 points and 7 of them can be found on the great plateau, arguably 8. So this is wrong.
Which renders your "most" claim false and irrelevant. Even things that the Great Plateau actually has (such as its fauna, materials and enemies) only accounts for a tiny fraction of what you'll encounter out in the overworld. You can't compare a Bokoblin to a Hinox, for example.

>Yes, but most of them, which is the point I was trying to make.
And the point I was trying to make is that it's a dumb oversimplification that every other Zelda game is already filled with.

>That isn't the point I was trying to make you god damn illiterate fuck.
You literally said there were "too few of them", even though you'll find BotW's one-offs more often than any previous entry barring maybe MM. Learn to read. Learn to stop constructing retarded meme arguments with no substance.

Just fuck already faggot

That is true, but like heart pieces, it's still not a particularly good reward, it just make your numbers increase, which is pretty relevant when it comes to stamina early game, but soon after you just end up with an ever-growing pool of heart, cause you cannot die because of shit like fairies and mipha's grace, and stamina soon also becomes irrelevant once you get revali's gale.

More structures like Hyrule castle, maybe not as big of course but something to break the pace of hiking in the wild.

Breath of the Cope, Seethe and Dilate.

>And even if that was the case it's still better than whatever BotW did.
Well, no, because merely talking to an NPC at the correct time is mechanically fucking shallow compared to something like Kass's riddles.

>That's rich coming from the guy praising mmo tier fetch quests in BotW as the second coming of christ.
I'm not calling them the second coming of christ. Learn to read.

really enjoyed the exploration a ton, and because of that i don' think i could even attempt a 2nd playthrough.

Those where cool, but I wish there where more of those. Outside of Hyrule castle there is only the three labyrinths, the forgotten temple and the outside of Akala fortress.

Really? Because I distinctly remember other zelda game rewarding me with things like a hookshots and masks, and other miscelanous unique items that changed the way I interacted with the world of the game.

>it takes place in the exact same game world
Was it really okay for this to be the last piece of information we hear about the game for months?

Attached: 3546020-botw2.jpg (1280x720, 412K)

>like what?
This is about Nier: Automata, but it applies even more to BoTW.

Attached: 123404034332.jpg (2000x1328, 496K)

>If you're going to spout bullshit, at least get basic facts about the game right. 20 combat shrines isn't "half".
Are you fucking retarded? That part about me talking about shrines was talking about all the shrines you god damn retard, not just the combat trials. Learn how to read English on an English speaking website you stupid fucker. I'm not even going to bother reading the rest of your dumb fuck post to argue with someone who can't even read English.

That's kind of impressive, you managed to strawman AND overgeneralize an entire group of people with me saying barely anything

Man this trailer still gives me chills, this game was such a fucking masterpiece. Can't believe I let you people convince me it was bad for almost an entire year.

>That part about me talking about shrines was talking about all the shrines you god damn retard
And my point was that your logic is heavily flawed and only a minority of shrines are truly "copypasted" with the exact same content. You're the illiterate one if you couldn't get that from my post.

>I'm not even going to bother reading the rest
That's just because you're a butthurt baby and you don't actually have an argument.

Some of Kass's riddles were pretty neat, but a lot of them were really unclear bullshit, and that's when they were not straight-up mistranslated (though I played the french version, I don't know if it's as bad in the english one)

Attached: 1560271424593.png (1344x668, 125K)

>fallout new vegas is nearly 10 years old

no examples since then huh

They're letting us know it's a direct sequel...

Fucking based. Why the fuck are they chasing the zoom zoom bucks by turning the series into Far Cry clone? The copy pasted shrines, the bandi- I mean Bokoblin camps, the Ubishit tower, the collectaton korok seeds, the palette swapped enemies, all these are lazy as fuck. Where's the themed dungeons? Where's the dungeon items? Where's the classic enemies like Poes, Redeads, and Skulltulas? This game is literally a tech demo designed to appeal to zoomers with zero attention span while alienating the old fans. What about the core fans who have been supporting the series since forever?

Attached: 1563872567370.jpg (250x201, 25K)

Your "point" assumed I was talking about nothing but combat trials, so either you're retarded and thought I was talking about nothing but combat trials despite explicitly stating otherwise, or you're a fucking moron and think that only combat trials are copy pasted, which is only something a deluded fanboy would think.

What exactly is meaningful about four fetch quests throw into one?

Anyone got the BotW 2 version of this?

>I distinctly remember other zelda game rewarding me with things like a hookshots and masks, and other miscelanous unique items that changed the way I interacted with the world of the game.

No your memory is warped. Go back to those games and tell me all about the unique items. You'll find they're fee and far between. Most operating simply as a key to a lock and having very little use outside dungeons.

BotW items are forever in use throughout the entire game. Even rupees are no longer useless in BotW. Everything is useful and everything has a purpose.

>think that only combat trials are copy pasted
Which is true, retard. Only combat trials are copypasted, unless you're all of a sudden arbitrarily changing the definition of the term to mean something that it doesn't. Everything else either has a unique puzzle inside or a unique puzzle outside. No two shrines are the same unless you're entering a combat shrine.

You're embarrassing yourself at this point, honestly.

J'ai joué en français et n'ai jamais eu de problème avec aucune des énigmes de Kass, tu es probablement attardé.

I doubt my memory of four hours ago is warped, I'm probably not that senile yet, and I don't really agree, usually dungeon items also have an use in combat, and they can be used to acquire yet more optional items.

Also I don't really see how "everything is useful" when your inventory is constantly clogged by useless weapons, to the extent where you have to throw one away each time you open a chest, your massive pool of heart also has barely any purpose once you get Mipha's grace, which litteraly stop you from dying, and let's not even mention fairies.

I do like what they've done with rupees though, not being limited by the size of the wallet is definitly the way to go.

So was Majora's Mask and that got a whole new world. Right now it sounds like a retarded rehash. It probably won't be, but it's a horrible thing to leave off on.

>Because I distinctly remember other zelda game rewarding me with things like a hookshots
Wait, what other things in Zelda games are "like hookshots" and remain useful for the entire remainder of the adventure?

>I distinctly remember other zelda game rewarding me with things like a hookshots and masksand other miscelanous unique items that changed the way I interacted with the world of the game.
Nonsense because they just added to the world. They didnt change anything. BOTW gadgets do becaue they're literally designed to change the way you interact with the world but old Zelda items were just
>get item
>use item at the designated spot
>get item or traverse area
There was no change, it was an addition.

Et bien, par exemple, celle qui dit "Une lune de sang rend aux montres leur vie, Héros des temps anciens, tel que tu renaquis, sur le socle tiens-toi et l'épreuve jaillit."
le "tel que tu renaquis" rend franchement les choses pas clair, j'avais pas saisi du tout le fait que t’était censé retirer tes fringues, parce que c'est comme ça que t'es sorti du sanctuaire de la résurrection.

>Are you fucking retarded?
>you god damn retard
>you stupid fucker.
>dumb fuck post
Take a good look at this. Irrationally angry children like this who can't even deal with someone logically adressing their shitposting(which really deserves no adressing at all to begin with if we're honest here), and just reply with insults like the farmer boys they are, are really the main group of people shitting on this game.

The more I read, the more I think BOTW proves to be an IQ test. It really shows how little people know about game design, yet try to talk about it if they didn't like it.

Please spare yourself further embarassment.

>Whole new world
Lad. MM literally used all its assets from OOT.

>how copy-paste it all feels.
It doesnt though. The only thing that could give you the impression is that all shrines have the same skin.
>It isn't a meme to say that you've seen most of the game right after completing the Great Plateau
It is a meme because its simply not true. You're generalizing to have a point. Bad move.
>the content in the game is extremely barebones.
The opposite actually. It has things every few steps and most of it, is more engaging than in 99% of other games due to how customizable the gameplay is due to gadgets, enviromental effects and general player actions.
>side quests all consist of "i need this item" and the rewards for them are all terrible,
They don't and they aren't.
>and things like korok challenges all basically being the exact same thing with only a tiny variation between them
Which is better than collectibles in other games, especially given how neatly they were tied to the inventory management in the game.
>BotW has a lot of content quantity, but hardly any quality.
The people of planet earth would disagree with you on that based on their reception. The people in this thread, me included, too.
Yours is the go-to comment when someone doesn't get it, but in fact BOTW is full of emergent qualities that by far outplay most other games.

>Which is true, retard.

Sure, if you ignore all the shrines that are nothing but reward rooms for going inside, and the various puzzle shrines that are obviously copy pastes, like the two on the split mountain headed towards Hateno Village. The only copy pasted shrines are definitely only combat trials, sure. And you tell me to play the game?

Hmmm, lens of truth, transformation masks, roc's cape and feather from the 2d games, pegasus boots, deku leaf from wind waker, iron boots, etc

BOTW is the best game ever made.

Attached: botw.jpg (2560x2880, 3.22M)

Yeah but not the same game world. BOTW appears to be using both so far, until proven otherwise. We needed more info than what we got in that last interview months ago.

The way you explained your point isn't very clear, are you saying that the ability do to more things and explore more of the world because of a specific item doesn't change the way you play the game, it just "adds stuff"?

>Not the same game world
Hyrule field, Terminal field, may as well be the same thing. That's just one example. You're nitpicking such a trivial thing at this point in time that you created in your head.

>if you ignore all the shrines that are nothing but reward rooms for going inside
But I'm not ignoring those. Blessing shrines all have a unique puzzle/challenge outside that makes use of the environment. The ones outside of Hateno are twin shrines that make use of lateral thinking.

Only the combat trials are actually copypasted.

What a stupid thing to say, the world , as in the actual place the game takes place in ,is still clearly different.

>People who didn't enjoy their time with this video game are less intelligent than those who did

Attached: D9T_GyCXoAc0YOc.jpg (750x734, 38K)

Lens of truth has zero utility outside of revealing things that were arbitrarily invisible. Everything else you listed is replaced by something with the same functionality (like the glider) or something completely new that makes use of BotW's mechanics and world. The iron boots were just macguffins to solve specific puzzles.

Any argument claiming that something extremely popular is somehow intelligent and patrician just instantly collapses on itself.

Yeah sure user, those two locations have the word "field" as part of their name, which clearly mean they "might as well be the same thing".

Though I do agree that we know basically nothing about the botw sequel, and any speculation in the current state of things is basically pissing in the wind.

>grind your way through 120 shrines that are either piss easy puzzles or the same three "combat trials" over and over
>your reward is shit armor that is far outclassed by almost anything else you'd have at that point
>comb the entire map top to bottom and find all 900 Koroks
>your reward is a literal PIECE OF SHIT.

Bad faith reply and misrepresenting the original post.
Really immature. You could've spared both of us the time if you just kept your anger to yourself. You from posting something that makes no sense, and me from calling it out.

He's saying that people shitposting about it with zero substantive arguments are less intelligent, and he's not wrong.

>Any argument claiming that something extremely popular is somehow intelligent
Yet it didn't?
It simply said that people here are too stupid to actually talk about game design when they desperately try to, since most of the "criticism" is misapplied.
Your post collapsed on itself actually since you have so little reading comprehension to get even the basic premise right.
Good job proving him right.

>Didn't play the game

>Lens of truth has zero utility outside of revealing things that were arbitrarily invisible
Yes. that is what that item does. It allows you to explore new area by revealing stuff you didn't before, same as the hookshot allows you to reach new places.

The iron boots were also used to simply sink at the bottom of pools of water, and allowed you to find things that way, also, you're using the word "macguffin" wrong, just letting you know.

The glider is indeed pretty similar to the deku leaf, but I don't really see how breath of the wild has anything to replace transformation masks, roc's feathers, and pegasus boots.

Breath of the wild also has also not a single instance where you need an item to explore more of the world or to find hidden things, every ability that you *need* to explore the world is given to you on the great plateau at the start of the game.

How autistic do you have to be to fixate on being mad about one game for TWO AND A HALF YEARS?

really interesting video, thanks user
it's crazy how much thought was put into this game's audio, I wonder if any other game handles it in similar ways

Okay, I’m not even the faggot you’re replying to and I liked Breath of the Wild but stop bullshitting

>Interactivity and Points of Interest
there was no interactivity with the overworld other than really simple surface level physics mechanics. Points of Interests usually boiled down to another Korok seed or shitty shrine that weren’t hard to figure out. Unless you’re talking about the visuals, which were above average, but really, weren’t that special.
>Shit loads of different weapons
This is objectively false.
Counting the bow, there were three weapon types. No experimentation is needed once you’ve used one of each weapon type. They don’t play any differently from each other just because they have a different model. I’m sorry, but if you needed to ‘experiment’ with the weapons then you might actually be autistic. The torch plays the exact same as a generic iron sword and it doesn’t take a genius to figure out which is appropriate for what situation. The hammer swings the exact same as an axe, and again, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out what is appropriate for what situation. The fighting in Breath of the Wild was insanely repetitive and you’d have to go out of your way and fight knowing that what you were doing was ultimately inefficient if you wanted it not to be. I personally couldn’t do that, because at the back of my mind I know that there was a faster and more effective way to take this enemy down even though it’s more boring, but if you were able to ignore that, then more power to you. It just showcases how little thought the team put into any encounters because they never require any thought to tackle.

>Shrines
I won’t even be nice on this. Shrines were a horrible addition. They were bland. They were repetitive. They were not difficult and if you thought they were some genius puzzle design then holy shit, graduate from 3rd grade.

Attached: seething.jpg (1439x1863, 544K)

>"The more I read, the more I think BOTW proves to be an IQ test. It really shows how little people know about game design, yet try to talk about it if they didn't like it."

I'm sorry, how exactly am I "misrepresenting" your point? No really, explain it me, maybe I just happened to misunderstand

*counting the bow, there were four weapon types I meant

>Items
the items were shit and even most people agree they were shit. they were insanely situational and not useful and if you used them in fights, they were, yet again, inefficient and why would you waste your time.

How many games have you played to think that any of that is
1) unique to Breath of the Wild
2) makes Breath of the Wild an amazing game?

Again, I liked BotW, but it’s not nearly as amazing and you and others make it out to be.

>But I'm not ignoring those
You blatantly are when you specifically stated that combat trials are the only copy pastes
>Blessing shrines all have a unique puzzle/challenge outside that makes use of the environment
No, all of them do not, some do, but most are either barebones in their entrance requirements or some don't actually have any. There are multiple blessing shrines which just amount to finding the shrine and walking inside of it, like the one shrine in the Akkala region in the skull shaped cave, or another one in the akkala region which is just on a pillar. The others have some kind of feature blocking entry but said feature is barebones, like having to just burn vines off of it or walk around the hazards to get inside. You're acting like every single one of these shrines has its own super special sub quest needed to gain entry when that isn't the case at all, only a small number of these shrines actually function like that, such as the one in the Gerudo Desert with the collapsed Gerudo woman blocking the entry pad. What's funny is you claimed that I was lying about the games content when the only one here lying is the one trying to make the games copy paste shrines seem far more grandiose than they really are.

>"It really shows how little people know about game design, yet try to talk about it if they didn't like it."
Oh sorry, could you point me to the part about "shitposting with zero substantive arguments", cause I can can only see the part about people who didn't like it.

>A Breath of the Wild thread
>Hey, here’s a place to discuss this game, I am going to say this game wasn’t that great and I have reasons for it and here they are
>W-w-hy are you so mad about a game that game out two years ago!?!?! Obviously time removes it from any scrutiny and I fail to see that love and hate are equal emotions. I wouldn’t fault someone for saying they loved a game two years after it came out but if they said they hated it!? WELL, then they’re obsessed!

I can smell your SEETHING from here, mate.

Holy shit, defend all the games you want but defending any of the shrines and their puzzles actually makes you look like a fucking moron.

Looking at someone and saying “yeah, you know putting this square cube into this square hole was really difficult! It’s really some incredible puzzle design because I kept putting it into the circular hole until I figured it out” does not help your case whatsoever.

None of the puzzles in BotW were difficult. None of them.

that autistic then, I see

Threads would go over a lot better if this were actually true. Instead its:
>the world is so empty and nothing to do
>lol koroks and shrines
>ubishit clone
You faggots are never looking for a real discussion.

It’s a video game discussion
on a video game board
about video games
where people have opinions.

Do you also spend time in Frogger threads, obsessing over the people who didn’t like it? Or do those people not exist because you’re not allowed to criticize a game that’s more than a year old?

but muh Zelda

Yeah, there’s plenty of people that hate the game that put forth an absolutely shitty argument. But you’re forgetting that there’s also people who love the game and put forth an absolutely shitty argument for doing so.

You do realize it works both ways, right?

actively enjoying something for 2 and a half years is something normal people do
actively hating something for 2 and a half years is something autismos do
simple as that, sweaty

Attached: autism.png (250x250, 43K)

One of the greatest games ever made. One of the few big names lately that didn't let me down.

Right, your tendency to strawman people's argument shows to everyone that, unlike them, you are ready to have a proper conversation.

FPBP
I'm desperately hoping that Nintendo understands the flaws of BotW and will fix them in the sequel, but that's still up in the air.

But you can’t complain that people troll with
>muh 97
>0 seconds since
>2 YEARS
when people put forward bad faith “complaints” about the game. You get what you give.

You are completely aware that if someone loves something, someone else is going to hate that same thing right? They can’t exist without the other, you do know that right, or does that have to be explained to you?

Actively hating is an amazing strawman you set up, because it takes people 2 seconds to jump in a thread and say they hate a game.
It also takes people 2 seconds to jump in a thread and say they love a game. Crazy how that works huh? Super active.

I have over 300 hours in this game on master mode and I still haven't beaten Ganon

Exploring Hyrule alone is fun and comfy by itself. Best open world game ever made.

Cope and dilate, sonyfags.

What compels people to lie about this game so often?

Like, it's okay. The Zelda you love and grew up with still exists. It's not gonna disappear just because a better title came along.

>strawman
>more strawman
>here’s another strawman

there’s plenty of people in this very thread providing reasonable explanations as to why they don’t like the game but you chose to ignore that and instead focus on people who fit your idea of ‘BotW haters’

So do you think people all reach some kind of singularity where they need to start liking a game after a certain period of time, otherwise they're autistic?

Nigger, look at the first few negative post in this thread:
Not a strawman if it’s a real boy.

>BOTW2 is even better and haters seethe even harder
Can't wait.

Well, have you considered that it's possible that people with opinions that differs from yours are not actively trying to trick you with their dastardly lies, but instead are simply sharing their opinion, same as you do?

Have you considered that hyperbolic statements don’t help anyone have a rational discussion about anything and that you probably should just be honest about what does and doesn’t work for you in a game instead of wildly misrepresenting it?

It's been 2.5 years and the train is still going, kek

I have never actually liked dungeons in Zelda, but enjoyed the exploration and combat sequences so Breath of the Wild is exactly what I wanted from the series

Attached: 1556309563020.jpg (502x323, 49K)

short hair zelda is so cute!

>if someone loves something, someone else is going to hate that same thing. They can’t exist without the other
why is that an objective necessity? are you saying that those people dislike the subject in question only because other people enjoy it? seem petty
no, hating things is fine, but most people learn to let it go after a while. are people 15 years from now going to enter 'botw nostalgia' threads and cry about how the overworld was empty and all the game had was copy-pasted shrines? if so, they're pathetic autists

Thanks, it will be very useful when BotW 2 launches

I agree, hyperbolic statements generaly bring down the quality of a discussion, that's why I disagreed with
>"What compels people to lie about this game so often?"

And I've not been disinguneous about what I think about this game at all, so I don't really see what your other point is about, when I say the characters are uninteresting and the exploration is unrewarding, it's because I think it's the case.

FPBP.

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

People who say there's no content in BotW haven't played it. There's always stuff to do in every area. The only legitimate flaw of botw is enemy variety although you don't start to notice that until 40 hours in.

>2019
they are still seething

Attached: 2344325.jpg (330x219, 21K)

Amen. Fuck these morons, this game had a world I LOVED exploring from start to finish.
He wasn't even talking about Hyrule Castle. Play the game.

>He wasn't even talking about Hyrule Castle. Play the game.
Neither was I, so shut the fuck up.

>You blatantly are when you specifically stated that combat trials are the only copy pastes
I did specifically say that, and I'm not ignoring anything. Combat shrines are the only shrines that are copypasted. This isn't a discussion about what's barebones or substantive, it's SPECIFICALLY a discussion about what is and isn't copypasted. Like I suspected, you're either blatantly misusing the term or exaggerating its usage to make some ridiculous hyperbolic point about BotW's content.

I'll repeat myself - outside of combat shrines, no two shrines are exactly the same. This point remains regardless of how "barebones" you feel the other shrines were.

So that's exactly what you're saying then? If people dislike something, they have to "let it go", but if they liked it it's perfectly fine obssessing over it?
Liking or disliking art doesn't have any inherent value in itself, it's just a different way to feel about something that exists.

You do know that when people make threads about Ocarina of time, they are people who'll say they didn't like it, right?

>that gives you an effect you could already get by eating food
Except you can't eat two foods at the same time. If you want to be heat-resistant but also strong you'll have to wear heat resistance clothes and drink strength potions, or vice-versa. Plus some clothing has unique effects that can't be replicated by food.

I'm really curious how the retarded fanboys are gonna attack botw2. Im sure it's gonna address the few minor complaints people had with the first like enemy variety, lack of dungeons and weapon degradation. We all know the haters aren't gonna stop shitting on it anyway so they'll find something to whine about.

BotW is way better than OoT. That's not a good comparison.

What he’s saying is that it is weird to go into a thread for a game you don’t like and tell everyone the same old shit yet again. We know you don’t like it. Go to a thread about a game you like instead.
And what’s even funnier is that this thread just has links to two Zelda trailers. No opinions or trolling. Yet, you spergs immediately flooded the thread with the same tired ass shit.

They're probably gonna screech about how empty it is even when it isn't, just like BotW.

That's true, but the situation where you'll need two effects at the same time are very rare, and even then it's usually related to evironemental damage like frost and heat, and the armors that provide those buff are easily accessible and always on the path of the main quest.

Though, it's entierly true that some of the clothing gives you unique buff, and some of them are even legitimately useful, making them the very few truly good items the game rewards you with.

Oh so, it's alright for that game you personnally believe is worse than Botw, undertood.

>weapon degradation
Anyone who bitches about this is automatically not worth having their opinion considered.

That's not an opinion that's a fact. OoT is worse in almost every single area. If you want to talk about twilight princess it can get more debatable.

So you thinks it's weird for people to want to share their opinion about a video game on a message board about video games, in a thread talking about said video game?
And why is telling everyone "the same old shit" bad only when you dislike the game?
It seems like to me you feel personnally attacked when people said they didn't like the stuff you liked, and so you'd rather they didn't say anything.

Riiiiight, the way you feel about this piece of art is an objective fact, however, for this other piece of art, it's totally a matter of opinion.

I thought Breath of the Wild was good but this trailer is better

You’re trying really hard to make this right lol. Well-adjusted people don’t seek out threads that are talking about a game they hate. What exactly do you want people to do? Suck your dick for not liking a game?

Why are people always bitching about the weapons breaking too fast? If anything, I'd say the weapons don't degrade fast enough, as you have to discard one every. single. time. you find a chest.

2nd worst console Zelda game of all time. Hmm might be worse than SS actually

Oh yeah, because I'm sure Yea Forums is well known for being full of "well-adjusted people."

And why are you even bringing dick-sucking into this? I'm talking about a game I played on a message board about video games, is that something you consider weird?

Best console Zelda game of all time. No other Zelda comes close.

You seem up your own ass that no one wants to hear about how much you don’t like BotW, so I’m asking you what you want people to do? No one is entitled to give a shit about you hating a game they like.

Based.

botw was nice but just make a NEW zelda and not botw2 rerrrrrrrreeeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Indeed, people are not have no need to care about other people's opinions, is that your point? Because do anyway, that's why message boards exists, that's why you're even interacting with me right now.

Its baffling. After the first few hours, you're doing exactly that, leaving weapons you find or ditching ones you have for slightly better ones. The weapon degradation is 100% necessary to preserve the design goals of the game. Not having it completely, utterly breaks progression.

Its like playing an FPS and unloading literally all your ammunition into the first two enemies you see then complaining that they only dropped 5-10 more shots, while insisting the game is shit because it doesn't just let you have infinite ammo for every all the time and has the absolute gall to ask the player to learn how to play more effectively and employ some resource management and basic critical thinking when approaching combat situations. I just think of that retard from Polygon trying to play Doom every single time, being so bad you can't even play the game.

*Indeed, people have no need to care about other people's opinions, is that your point? Because they do anyway, that's why message boards exists, that's why you're even interacting with me right now.

Can't write apparently.

>After the first few hours
Nothing matters after the first few hours. You've experienced everything there is to experience in BOTW by the end of the Plateau. They should have just populated the Plateau with more content and made that the entire game.

This was the first Zelda game I didn't get burnt out before the tutorial was over.

Okay, here: Thank you for sharing how much you hate BotW with us, user! Your contribution to discussion has been valuable and insightful!

how about actual dungeons, for starters? real zelda games have them. botw removed them because zoomers hate them and they would have taken development time away from making the big empty ubishit sandbox. and no, copy-paste shrines are not a valid replacement for real dungeons.

Attached: breath of the wild.jpg (1920x1080, 1.5M)

>ITT: Zelda dick suckers and contrarians get into a massive bitch fit at each other and say the same points over and over again
Autism. Can't you fuckers just like or dislike the game and move on? Do we really need this thread ever week?

Attached: 1563247304002.gif (385x383, 373K)

SEETHE OF THE WILD

Too hard, enjoy your openworld meme 2.0 that even Monolith can't salvage.

>graphics don't matter!
>music doesn't matter!
nintendo fanboys won't rest until nintendo is selling them infocom-tier text adventures for $60.

You should just fight Ganon right after leaving the chamber, why even have the rest of the game?

You know what, even that's too much, just roll the credits after you walk out.

>Ubishit tower
But they work in the exact opposite way of ubi towers

Attached: CjcQBE6_d.jpg (362x346, 13K)

Why do you immedatly believe that anyone who says anything remotely negative about a game must immediatly hate it? Is that how it works in that little black and white world of yours?
Games like Botw are massive works of art, and the result of the work of thousand of people, every single one of it's aspect can be analyzed individually, and you can have various opinion based on the analysis of said aspects.I'd even, say I quite like Botw, I just think it's flawed in a lot of ways.

Happy for you even if i personally prefer larger dungeons, hopefully they have a better mix in the sequel.

Attached: Punished Link, A knight deprived of his Princess.jpg (811x825, 132K)

too late. nintendo will never make a real 3d zelda game again now that the entire gaming world has kissed their ass for making an ubishit tech demo instead. every 3d zelda game from now on is going to be a generic rehash of botw that will make twilight princess look original by comparison. zoomers and nu-nintendo ruined zelda.

I can only assume that when you immediate started trying to defend post like this earlier on:
You knew that was referring to all the trolls that immediately flooded the thread.

>still this amount of epic butthurt
If anything i think this solidifies the games legendary status. Im doing a second play through and have to say that most of the complaints tend to be massively overblown.

I do have one question for people that dislike the game, can you name an open world game you think did the genre better? Because as far as im concerned, this game is leagues above the faux open world boring linear games like GTA or Farcry

Play it without ever opening the map.

You seem a bit confused as to either what posts were mine or what my points were, because I definitly don't condone low-effort baiting in any shape or form

You're full of shit. The trailer for botw2 showed link and Zelda journeying underground. They're gonna heavily feature the underground in the next game because dungeons are often underground.

Chibi-robo, on the gamecube, the only truly good open-world game.

>believing nintendo's bullshots
they already announced that the game is based on rdr2. it's going to be the exact same shit as the first botw, except slower, boring and more cinematic. zelda has become nintendo's "oscar bait" franchise just like tlou is for sony and gears is for microsoft.

Attached: Medli.png (2600x2849, 783K)

I've had people try to unironically tell me SKYRIM is an example of what botw should have done. The game where you can rise a horse up a 90 degree wall because it's coded so poorly.

They did not say it's based off RDR2. They said that RDR2 was popular with the development team. You're pulling shit out of your ass.

It's honestly the best game I've played from the last few years, literally rekindled my love for gaming. There have been some pretty good games lately, nothing groundbreaking, but at least better than the horrible 360/PS3/Wii era.

Because they're the same people that think the marvel movies are good. Mass consumers that use games as a way to fit in

Then I guess we’re done with this discussion.

>I do have one question for people that dislike the game, can you name an open world game you think did the genre better?
i think the entire genre is equally shit. it's all an excuse for the industry to sell less content for the same price. open-world sandboxes are a lazy shortcut so devs don't have to put any thought into level design.
i'm just as critical of garbage like rdr2, skyrim, mgsv, ffxv, etc. as i am with botw. it's all garbage, regardless of the company involved or whether it's a western or japanese developer.

cope.

Attached: botw rdr2.png (2184x1322, 1.47M)

I prefer Assassin Creed Odysseus but it's just due to the setting being in Greece and the combat.

You can't even read.

I like BOTW alot but I'm actively against the idea that it's the holy grail of open world games especially since it fails flat on world building. Games such as Fallout NV and Witcher 3 have a more flesh out world with tons of characters and side quests and I wish Zelda would take notes from it.

>lazy effort
>whole map was crafted and not procedurally generated
>most of the shrines have unique puzzles/designs
This is pure retardation. I usually agree open-world games are lazy, but you're an idiot. Next you're going to say RDR2's open world is lazy too.

>i think the entire genre is equally shit. it's all an excuse for the industry to sell less content for the same price.
Just letting you know you're objectively wrong. Botw was Nintendos most expensive game ever, costing them $150 million to make.

>fallout
Kill yourself

Most of the shrines have unique puzzles and designs, but they still aren't very good, some of them are even downright mediocre.

meant for

BOTW was one of the worst Zelda's. It wasn't a bad game by any means but it was incredibly boring comparatively. I'm not sure why people on this board shill for this so hard here. It's a bad hill to die on.

The shrines imo were one of the worst parts about BOTW. I did not like the way it was implemented

>people on this board
You mean people everywhere. You will literally not find a single community that doesn't like botw anywhere.

Fuck you, I bet my hill is better than yours.

and yet it has no dungeons, pitiful enemy variety, and very little to do outside of copy-paste shrines and korok seeds. most of that $150 million went into making an empty field that looks like an uglier version of the empty fields from all other modern aaa games, not into making actual content for the game.

Nah

I agree the fact they all looked the same was shit, I would've loved some variety in designs (and I fail to understand how that wasn't possible). It would've been awesome to have some with a lava, jungle, ice, etc. theme. However many of them had very clever puzzle designs, you can't say there was no effort put into it, that's just retarded.
If you don't like puzzles, just stop playing Zelda games. They're clearly not for you.

>finally fulfilling the original vision
fell for the marketing meme

You think there's very little to do because you didn't play it. There's tons of content in the game, like the 4 divine beasts, the ninja base, the island, the 3 labyrinths, the dragon fight, snow bowling, sand seal racing, shield surfing, Korok forest, the shrine quests, ganons castle, side quests, etc. The game is PACKED with shit to do.

You guys sure love pretending to hate this game

Frankly, botw's "empty field" has more environemental variety than most open world games, and it's less of an empty field and more of a "field filled with unappealing content."

>There's tons of content in the game

Attached: mj-laughing.gif (282x211, 3M)

I don't understand the complaints about the shrines because outside of the first 4 at the start they don't actually force you to do them. In fact, not doing any shrines can make the game more interesting because it raises the difficulty (lower health). You definitely do not need more health or stamina than you start with to beat the game and remember you get 4 extra hearts from beating the divine beasts anyway. If you don't like the shrines, just don't do them? Even without any shrines this is easily a 60 hour game.

fpbp

>one labyrinth
>end of the the game

Attached: 02DEDD28-C078-40AF-8BEB-197866015EC8.png (1700x1016, 378K)

>can't refute my examples because you didn't play the game and don't know what I'm referring to
Sad

Clever puzzle? Oh my, user, you've never played anything other than a zelda game in your life, isn't it?
The "puzzles" in botw were absolute piss-easy garbage content, that worked mostly to showcase the engine than create any kind of interesting challenge, it's either "follow the clearly written instruction", "Follow the linear path until the end", or "Just interact with the environement in the most basic way possible".

Attached: 0351EF00-8A17-428D-AD78-9631FF998221.png (662x602, 299K)

it ain't a meme friend

>there was no interactivity with the overworld other than really simple surface level physics mechanics
U wot? The environments are more interactive, and in useful ways, than any other open world game, barring builders like minecraft

>BotW is one of the best games of all time, finally fulfilling the original vision of the devs for the original legend of zelda.
the devs' original vision for zelda was a first-person dungeon crawler.
botw is a third-person ubishit sandbox game with no dungeons.
botw zoomers need to stop pretending they know anything about zelda 1.

Attached: zelda1beta.jpg (2048x1445, 512K)

>2 and a half(2.5) years

Attached: 460876DD-D8BC-4546-9111-C8FF5367A542.jpg (500x396, 22K)

Saying botw has no dungeons is incredibly disingenuous. What you can say is it has relatively short dungeons, compared to the other 3d Zelda games.

a few minigames don't make up for the fact that they removed the most important part of any zelda game: the dungeons.

>all the contrarian faggots itt
how pathetic

Attached: BotW.jpg (1000x4212, 2.13M)

Again, showing you haven't played the game. There's a lot more than "a few minigames." You did not play the game and don't know anything about the shrine quests which are absolutely the best part of the game. Let me tell you about them though.

42 of the shrines in the game are shrine quests. These are shrines where getting to the shrine is the challenge, once you get inside there's usually just a reward and nothing else. These are the major quests in the game which have you do a lot of interesting stuff, like the island where you lose all your equipment. The shrine quests and the divine beasts are the major sources of content in the game but people who haven't played aren't familiar with the shrine quests which is why they think the game doesn't have content.

NES Zelda unironically has superior dungeons to BotW and neither have as good dungeons as TP or SS

>These are shrines where getting to the shrine is the challenge, once you get inside there's usually just a reward and nothing else.
>being gifted a reward for nothing is considered good content now
kek, the absolute state of botw zoomers. the shrine quests are shameless ubishit-tier filler. imagine if all that development time went to making real dungeons instead.

Skyward sword dungeons are awful, like the rest of the game.

"For nothing"
Why not at least pretend you've played this game? Shrine quests are generally the most difficult part of the game.

skyward shit was trash for many reasons, but the ancient cistern and the sandship alone are better than anything in botw.

I did not enjoy the ancient cistern at all.

Fucking hair vore's a fetish now?

>botw has no content!
howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=38019
Main+extras rushed 52 hours
Even rushing through the game it takes 52 hours to do all the major content (no that's not completionist so it doesn't include stuff like the Korok seeds).

That reminds me of those magical launch weeks on Yea Forums where everyone was playing and talking about all the places they had seen and things they discovered and trading stories. That may have been the best time this board had ever had.

shrine quests are mostly tedious, not difficult. there's no justification for padding out the game with that garbage instead of just making real dungeons.

I hate Marvel and basically every Zelda game. Didn't read any reviews or hype surrounding BotW. I just played it blind and thought it was really good. In the future actually play games before you criticise them, please

You don't know anything about design, please stop posting

Guess who didn't play the game? You. The shrine quests are really creative and fun.

The Divine Beasts were better designed than the vast majority of 3D Zelda dungeons.

Honestly? Based.

The treasure isn't fun, getting and finding the treasure is.

Oh yeah user, I sure love carrying orbs to a platform, it's my favorite type of content!

bullshit shrines weren't bad but they were basically one room in a 3d Zelda dungeon
The divine beasts were gimmicky as fuck - take me back to oot dungeons

Sorry, but that not how game design works, the treasure must be of value appropriate for how much effort you expended to get it.

I guess so

>no two shrines are exactly the same
You keep repeating this when it isn't true and I even gave examples of this, so cope more botwcuck.

Oh, the irony.

That's not how game design works, fool

It takes a lot of lower body strength to flip around like Link does.

youtube.com/watch?v=rzhw_jxWJoU
youtube.com/watch?v=p9zvIJyF4M8

Attached: 7273761_p0.jpg (1700x956, 1.2M)

Rewards don't matter, I play the game to have fun.

I don't think you understand what irony means.

More like filled to the brim with tedious bullshit lmao

Fuck majora

>unique items
Come on now. Like every Zelda game, the reward was heart pieces or bottles. Even fairly involved mask side quests like Brennen or Don Gero gave you heart pieces.

Imagine typing like this unironically

Holy shit, he is mad as fuck

You can immediately tell the people who never played the game because they don't mention shrine quests when talking about the games content and when you call them out on it they clearly have no idea what a shrine quest is.

Evangelion
Fight club

Cope.

Are you just going to ignore stuff like the dungeon items, optional items like the pegasus boots, or the mask themselves, which are also given as rewards?

Your examples were two blessing shrines, one of which had a climbing challenge and the other of which was well-hidden. Even if you could stretch it to saying a few of the blessing shrines were copypasted, it doesn't change the fact that most of them involve some kind of challenge or shrine quest first. You're the one making hyperbolic arguments, so if anyone should be coping over a largely well-designed (if flawed) game it's definitely you.

Why did you start suddenly talking about wind walker puzzles?

Dungeon items aren't given as rewards what the fuck are you talking about? They're given to you early in a dungeon to introduce a new gameplay mechanic.

>Best song isn't even in the game
I put the Switch presentation trailer around the same level as MGSV's trailers. Making you think there was more there just walking around and getting a meaningless cutscene every few hours.

>climbing challenge
It was just gliding over to it from an adjacent cliffside, you baboon.
>well hidden
It was actually poorly hidden, there was no puzzle to get into either of them. Those were also only two examples from that one post, did you also ignore the actual copy paste clones on the split mountain near Hateno? You clearly missed that part, fuck off already please.

>but they were basically one room
Who cares, quality >quantity.

Only autistic fucks give a damn about the number of fucking rooms.

Hmmm, you haven,'t played a lot of zelda games have you? There's a lot of dungeon that give you their items fairly late, like, say, the great bay temple.

>MFW I have 600 hours and still haven't beaten the game because I don't want it to end.

Attached: 1536198995649.jpg (1447x2047, 1.36M)

This. I've mentioned shrine quests several times in these threads and idiots just respond with "DURRRR YOU ACTUALLY ENJOYED THOSE SAMEY LITTLE PUZZLE CHAMBERS WITH THE SAME AESTHETIC AND SHITTY MOTION CONTROL PUZZLES? LOL" and then go into a frothing rage when I point out the distinction between regular shrines and shrine quests.

>It was just gliding over to it from an adjacent cliffside, you baboon.
I climbed down. See? That's what makes the game magical.

You can do anything as long as you're having fun.

>how about actual dungeons, for starters? real zelda games have them. botw removed them because zoomers hate them
The Divine Beasts just needed to be bigger. Traditional dungeons don't work with the open world formula, or else you get shit like ALBW's garbage dungeons.

Botw haters are fucking dumb as fuck. I find it even hard to believe they are honest about their opinions. Their stand makes no sense.

Why would they choose to be angry losers? What made them turn out into this abomination of a human being?

Shame the hand is reddit cancer.

It's people who are really arrogant and refuse to admit they're ever wrong. They thought botw and the switch would bomb and refuse to accept the reality they were blown the fuck out. I think it's the same people who think Pokemon isn't gonna sell 20 million because they made a few threads shitposting about it on Yea Forums.

Are you talking about the hookshot, or the stray fairy rewards? Because Pirate’s Fortress isn’t a sidequest.

Cope more
> Yea Forums's Greatest Games Of All Time after 150k votes
> 1. Ocarina of Time (1998)
> 2. Castlevania SOTN (1997)
> 3. Super Mario 64 (1996)
> 4. Super Mario World (1990)
> 5. Chrono Trigger (1995)
> 6. Metal Gear Solid (1998)
> 7. Shadow of the Colossus (2005)
> 8. Final Fantasy VI (1994)
> 9. A Link To The Past (1992)
> 10. Metal Gear Solid 3 (2004)
> 11. Resident Evil 4 (2005)
> 12. Super Mario Galaxy (2007)
> 13. Breath of the Wild (2017)
> 14. Super Metroid (1994)
> 15. Metal Gear Solid 2 (2001)
> 16. EarthBound (1994)
> 17. Majora's Mask (2000)
> 18. Donkey Kong Country 2 (1995)
> 19. Final Fantasy VII (1997)
> 20. Super Mario Bros 3 (1988)
> 21. MOTHER 3 (2006)
> 22. Silent Hill 2 (2001)
> 23. NieR: Automata (2017)
> 24. Metroid Prime (2002)
> 25. Final Fantasy IX (2000)

I'm not even talking about sidequests, what are you on about? I'm refering to any unique item you get in-game.

God that's an horrendous list.

You can't "climb down" to it you fucking retard, you have to glide. Do you even know what pillar I was talking about? It's the one on the skull shaped lake in the north east section of the map in the Akkala region and its so tall the only method of reaching it is to glide. It's the only pillar that tall in the entire game and you couldn't even figure out what I was talking about? And you tell me that I didn't play the game when you can't even remember this much? You really are stupid.

It's a shame that console war faggots prevent any proper discussion of this game. People who criticize are just dismissed as trolls, but people who like it are nintentoddlers. Zoomers really are running this place into the ground.

> PC fags seething
Hahahaha

source?

>no Deus Ex
Fake and gay.

Why is link so fucking autistic in BoTW

Attached: 7275254254.gif (160x192, 11K)

Poll started in February & has continued until July when it was put on hiatus. Right is the percentage of how frequently they were chosen as the best game out of the two random ones it was paired with. Each game has around 1,500 votes
Deus Ex is 65th behind Yoshi's Island, Bloodborne is outside the top 70

okay but can you link the poll and results

The trailer is so deceptive. Every npc and Zelda interaction in the trailer are cutscenes, and all of them are optional.

Poll is closed until September, here is the results.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-13 All Our Ideas - Bringing survey research into the digital age(1).png (1307x1976, 112K)