This game is marketed as being a hardcore space trade and warfare simulator

>this game is marketed as being a hardcore space trade and warfare simulator
>this game has a cash store in which people can pay $10,000 to bypass 22 years of grind
>this game has a cash store in which people can pay $15 to get equivalent of two months of trading in game

Attached: 3e993fa23df7eb1598879802dc0ce9c3.png (1582x718, 1.13M)

Yousa tellin me itsa paytowinnah?!

You forgot
>this game has everything Yea Forums wants from an MMO but they wont play it because muh spreadsheetz XD

Hardly is. You still need to level your skills and shit to even use all the shit.
No point paying $10,000 for a titan when you can't even pilot it.
OP is a fucking moron.

Skill points don't matter as much as you'd like to think. You're at peak PvP readiness after 1-3 days of training and money is kind of worthless anyway, because corps will always give you fits for free. Or you can just salvage in nullsec and hope for that 1 billion drop.

This MMO is literally everything Yea Forums asks for in a game
>Completely sandbox
>Do what you want etc etc etc
>But they wont play it because "muh menus"
Who knew.

>kids don't know what they want
>sensory overload when they have too much choice

Who fucking knew

Attached: 1558056174102.png (940x487, 28K)

>Skill points don't matter as much as you'd like to think
This.

b-b-b--b-but it has no anime waifus or furry baras in it! It's shit!

>Do what you want
Blatant lie. Every action in Eve boils down to pressing one button and going AFK until you need to press another button a few minutes later.
>Missions: press F1, wait until target is dead, choose new target, press F1
>Mining: Press F1, wait until ore is mined, choose new rock, press F1
>Raids: Press F1, wait until target is dead or hostiles change targets (if healing), select new target, press F1
>Salvaging: Press F1, wait until wreck is salvaged, choose new target, press F1
>PvP: Press F1, wait until either of you die, maybe overheat something or change range
And so on, and so forth.

>completely sandbox
it's more locked down than a Minecraft server in adventure mode with a terrible map of vast expanse and fuck all
>do what you want etc
As long as you sit on a waiting list long enough to allow you to do whatever, ISK isn't really a big problem but fuck you if you want anything to do with other people, because tHe BeSt ShIp Is FrIeNdShIp
>but they wont play it because "muh menus"
people quit because it's NOTHING but menus, the whole background that is the spaceships are nothing but a glorified tileset. There's also intrinsically no gameplay mechanics, just queuing some timed events and rolling dice. Anything that comes close to otherwise is just gaming the stats e.g. angular velocity, something that happens automatically.

t. has only played in 1.0 space

t. Only has played in high sec

I've played everywhere from nullsec to wormholes. Every single last action boils down to pressing F1, and going AFK. Trading and PI are the only things that deviate from this, and they're boring as shit spreadsheet simulators.

t. only knows about EvE from Yea Forums posts

Don't you have a dog to post?

Attached: no.jpg (760x787, 88K)

It wasn't pay2win on release and people who played it past 2009 were trying to have fun on a deflated bouncing castle. For all intents and purposes the product and the company behind it are dead and irrelevant nowdays.
They game had its moments a long time ago and now it's just a name a few people in their 30s to 40s remember.

That said, it's surprising nobody ever even tried to clone the concept. MMOs are truly barren of technology nowdays, which makes them not worth playing over anything else.

>Started out as a noob in Caldari faction warfare
>That huge battle in Asakai suddenly happened
Good times.

>That said, it's surprising nobody ever even tried to clone the concept.

EVE Online is already a clone of traditional mmorpgs, albeit in space. MMORPGs and MUDs back in the day were all as sandboxy as EVE were and even more. Then came along WoW, which saw massive popularity for having an epic 1-60 quest line, with tangible progress in form of character levels and level restricted gear. Right now modern mmorpgs are really dumbed down, see level and gear scaling and the trend is to make them even more accessible and for solo play. They are skinnerboxes today with 99% account bound items that make sure you invest every last bit of your time into grinding for things that cannot even be shared. The reality is that this is what people want and what makes the big bucks. Sure, you can run a game for 20.000 people who actually like your game, but you're not going to get rich like that in today's time.

Attached: 1534582038174.png (968x415, 38K)

Pretty boring game, but it's on the same level as stuff like Rust. The potential of player actions is interesting and a nice gimmick to mess around with, but only the autists will stick around after you've done the gimmick of participating in a huge war or being a part of massive guild drama/betrayal/sabotage etc. It doesn't have the longevity of regular MMOs to put in thousands of hours.

>content locked behind time gates and skinner box grind for resources

Let me know when they do away with skills and introduce gameplay that is not centered on skinner box manipulation

>created character in 2010
>made lots of friends
>trained my toon up
>gained wealth
>took a break
>come back and everything has changed
>all my friends are gone
>have wealth and power, but nothing to do

Why do I have to go through this suffering

What a fucking lie for the first year of the game you are relegated to be a healing cuck if you want to get anything remotely decent going, also you'll need multiple accounts and specialize them in certain tasks, eve online (((skill)) system is fucking garbage.

Speaking of EVE, has anyone here heard of Second Galaxy?

Its a chink ripoff of EVE, and even the factions look similar. Looks pretty good actually

Attached: 0B596A4B-A3E5-40BB-864C-AE29FB403EE9.jpg (225x225, 9K)

The fuck are you talking about? If you got tricked into going logistics or healslut then you're fucking retarded, because that takes a considerably longer time to train than a basic ass tackler. Unless you were playing PvE, in which case I don't know why you even gave a shit what other people told you.

Yeah the pay2win elements are the reason I stopped playing
eve was the first game to offer a 'subscription token' which is really just a developer endorsed way to buy ingame currency with real money. This led to other MMOs becoming pay2win like WoW with its gold token
>but gold doesn't matter!
yeah, because of the massive inflation caused by people buying gold for real $$$, you fucking idiot

Leave highsec you fucking carebear.

long time eve player here. I used to play, but stopped after the skill point injectors. Fuck that game, also citadels made nullsec gay. I loved playing as low/null solo or small gang pvp. but that shit is lame now.

nigga, it takes a week to get a decent meta fit rifter with tackle. well, atleast it did when I played a few years ago.

> Do what you want
> Until paypig whining convinces the devs or ingame senate to make what you want either impossible or unprofitable.

I have 1000 plex. Is it worth getting 2 months of playtime? Or should I sell it

Played it in its 2006-2013 hayday. Its was great while it lasted.

Actually, skill points don't matter AT ALL and I'm not even saying this as a good thing - the only thing that matters is how big your fleet is and how successful your alliance is. The issue with a game like EVE is that it successfully eliminates most things from a MMO that shouldn't exist, but due to the nature of its deadness of ~100k active non-alt players, it's very easy to metagame it and gain huge advantage that is not present to any other player. For an example, the guy who made the blink site printed like 200-300bil every single month with exactly zero risk (mind you, that was when titans were 50bil) and that blink site had exactly ZERO to do with gameplay, it was a metagaming entity separate from EVE.

And then you think that you can p2w and dump rl money for ingame money, which is just false. So what are you going to do with your money, buy a pumped up mission runner? You'll get oneshotted for the killmail. Buy a titan? You can't even exist in that thing without getting instapopped unless you metagame and join an alliance that wont backstab you when you enter their space. Manipulate the market? There are already metagaming botters who'll do it far more successfully than any RMT retard (I was actually one of them back in the days).

So no, neither RMT nor skill points actually matter in this game. Even flying the most powerful ship doesn't matter at all, the game is purely designed around tribalism where those who gather the most people around them win by default even if all of them are poor.

It has most of the supporting elements down pretty good

problem is that eve online's core gameplay is total absolut utter SHIT

>combat is like totally complex bro
No it isn't. It literally is press F1 and win/lose. Maybe 5% of your typical fights are decided by actual skill. The rest it's just numbers and lucking out with fit/ship choice before you even started fighting.

Eve online has the single worst and most boring combat gameplay in the MMO genre today.