FINAL FANTASY TYPE 0 HD

This is hands down has to be the most underrated Final Fantasy game of all time. It deserves more praise and more discussions. Let's talk about it

>GOD TIER(OP AS FUCK)
Ace (Cards)
Jack (Katana)
Duece (Flute)
King (Twin Guns)

>GOOD TIER(FUN TO USE)
Queen (Longsword)
Rem (Daggers)
Sice (Schyte)
Machina (Rapiers)
Eight (Fists)
Seven (Whip)

>OKAY TIER(DON'T REALLY STAND OUT)
Carter (Magic Pistol)
Nine (Lance)
Trey (Bow)

>SHIT TIER(WHAT WERE THEY THINKING)
Cinque (Mace)

Attached: FF TYPE 0 HD SLUT.png (553x878, 403K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JON6__mdHBI
youtu.be/jTbV_zwCm6c
youtube.com/watch?v=iqLPMFHlTw0
ign.com/articles/2013/10/28/final-fantasy-15-may-be-linked-to-final-fantasy-13
webcitation.org/6TodbDl1S?url=http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/paris-games-week-type-0-hd-interview-hajime-tabata
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Post pantsu!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWUUUUWHHHOOAAAAAWWWWWWEEE ZAMN THEM BE SUM TITTIES

I haven't played this but I saw your last thread 404 and I think your enthusiasm deserves a reply.
I'd probably put it higher on my backlog if you guys didn't sell it as "the most underrated Final Fantasy game" because the Final Fantasy games I've played have been mediocre despite being generally regarded as the best games ever. So being "underrated for a final fantasy" means nothing to me.

Attached: ff type 0 pantsu.jpg (2908x1080, 1.17M)

refunded it due to 30fps cap. looked interesting too.

Type 0 is garbage

this game is so hilariously broken gameplay wise and the whole high school thing has been done to death but goddamn if i didn't feel genuinely attached to the whole class by the end and the fight between the uh..two people was absolutely badass
but fuck them for killing a chocobo, like damn

Thanks user. I'm currently playing this game and it is a gem. I want to talk about it more on Yea Forums. This game deserves more attention. It's a great game

Attached: queen type 0.png (575x1160, 417K)

also, jack is easily the best, don't even try

>HD version has no pantsu

fuck pic related
fuck trannies
fuck neogaf
fuck faggotera

Attached: 1534804543057.png (434x327, 55K)

Type 0 > Crisis Core > doo doo >>>>>> XV >>> suicide >>>>> 3rd Birthday

Attached: tabata.jpg (300x168, 8K)

Yes it does? What are you bitching about?

Is there any other game that it resembles gameplay-wise? And how much of it is engaging unique content vs slashing through worthless mob fights?

OP is a faggot

My mains were Rem, Cater and Cinque

leveled up a bit Ace, Deuce and Trey for the last part, as you need two teams of three for retarded reason
At least one ranged in each team

The others are honestly shit

yes but not to be seen easily cause the camera don't go as far as the psp version

>Cinque
She's awful. She attacks so fucking slow and she can not do shit to air enemies. Not to mention she can't do the instakill because she's too slow to attack when it prompts

Attached: 1519359344246.jpg (317x328, 15K)

an action rpg version of trails of cold steel basically

>he can't instakill with Cinque
pleb

Haven't played that either, is it similar to tokyo xanadu?

>as you need two teams of three for retarded reason
don't bother leveling the characters you don't like tho
15 minutes is enough and just take one of your main team to the weaker team

Ace, Trey, and Sice were my group all game.
I loved playing as King and Eight though.

Attached: Ace.jpg (1080x1333, 122K)

type-0 has a bit better production value but they are pretty similar

>Eight
Once I unlocked the ability to not take damage while he charges Explosive Punch he instantly became one of my favorites

all of them can have spells you retard

the ranged requirement is for spells too
don't have only melee and shotgun/bomb spells with whole team and you're set

8 is the best

monk is always overrated in final fantasy
shitty jap culture

are you me? I like jrpgs but goddamn are final fantasy games boring. I've tried every numbered final fantasy and have beaten none of them. Only final fantasy games I've beaten are Tactics, Tactics Advance, and Crystal Chronicles.

>tactics
shit taste

I must suck balls cause I can't understand how to use Deuce, everyone says she's OP as fuck but when I use, her flute can't do shit.

lol
im in a giving mood so here's your (You)

Never said it was the greatest game or anything, honestly I lost a lot of steam towards the end but I was able to power through it due to it not being a 50+ hour game unlike the majority of the main series.

it's a short ranged with auto aim
just wait for the music to hit enemies
it's very strong

Monks are dope. I always play them.

>Most underrated FF of all time
That would be Tactics.

Why do people sleep on Jack
Dude is a fuckin monster with that damage

Lol

I find they very idiotic desu. It's like a quota because of martial art culture. Very dumb.

for it to be underrated, it would have to be good

Type 0 was a really good FF game and daresay, one of the better FF games released in the past decade, not counting anything XIV related since I did not play it.

played it on the psp and it was alright, didn't understand shit though
the katana guy was fun as hell, killsights for days

I remember the overworld being very underwhelming with copy pasted towns and dungeons and the only interesting place was the ng+ tower with marlboro. game was fun enough from what I remember and the summons were cool.

very ambitious for a psp title, shit had fucking 2 discs lmao

Attached: 1537371457261.webm (1024x768, 1.58M)

>Tabatashit

sure Type 0 isn't a great game but I would recommend it over 15 any day of the week.

Hell, I would say that Type 0 is the best Tabata directed game because the only real flaws with type 0 are:
Story content locked to NS+
Having to gear up and level 14 people in a game where only the active party gets EXP

What this user said also she gives the party shitlicious buffs. Deuce is godly

Attached: 1548138055566.gif (302x270, 520K)

>Tactics
>Underrated
Tactics is literally the most OVERRATED FF game of all time. It's a decent game but the amount of circlejerking it gets is utterly ridiculous.

Attached: 1523319273309.png (599x415, 397K)

only on boards like this, most normies dont even know what it is.

>Tactics is literally the most OVERRATED FF game of all time. It's a decent game but the amount of circlejerking it gets is utterly ridiculous.

I can say the same about 7

I dunno what's more depressing, the ending or the fact that sequel never ever

Can I play the psp version on a hacked ps vita?

>The two best Final Fantasy games since FF X have been spin offs
Goddamn how hard has Final Fantasy fallen. XII was boring as fuck, XIII trilogy was a trainwreck and XV was a dumpster fire filled with shit

Attached: FF TYPE 0 WOFF.jpg (1500x1125, 506K)

no idea buy why hack the PSP version when you can pirate the HD version, since it got a PC port.

Don't kid yourself. Type 0 is as shit XIII and XV.

because what the fuck else am I going to do with a ps vita?

Both of those games are fucking awful.

>World of Final Fantasy
I really hope Square is making a sequel. This is the most SOUL I ever seen in a Final Fantasy game. WoFF is a breath of fresh air. I love all the meta jokes and fourth wall breaks. I love the overall fun of the story. I love how THICC Reynn

Attached: world of FF.jpg (1920x1080, 547K)

>I really hope Square is making a sequel.

apparently the new ending added in the Maxima DLC teases at a sequel.

I do not know since I did not get the DLC

Nomura really loves to draw Roxas doesn't he?

Attached: roxas.jpg (825x464, 34K)

What's the best Level/AP and Gil trick?

Attached: 1528158653060.png (311x258, 168K)

Sice is my snowy haired goddess

So what's the definitive way to play the game.
Emulated or the remaster?

Emulated. The remaster is so lazy and it has a retarded blur motion everytime you move the camera or dodge roll

Probably emulated, there's a 60fps patch and the graphics are still soulful. It's a bad game though from what I could tell.

>Great
Jack
Rem
Trey (for RTS)
Ace/King (for certain enemies and situations)
>Odin summon fodder
Everyone else

Well, they did say as of October last year, that they have the sequel's story fully written. They are/were just waiting on the approval to start development. So maybe it's actually started since then. It's nearly been a year since they said that, anyway

Tactics (or whole Ivalice-verse) has very dedicated fans who'll make sure you know all about the games without playing them.
To this day the only thing I know about Type-0 is the
>ze
shitposting when the English version released.

Sup

Attached: FFXIV_media_tour2019_07_samurai.png (1500x2000, 2.12M)

But fft locks you into random battles that last like an hour every time you move on the world map, how did you manage to finish it under 50 hours?

Well that’s neat. WoFF has so much potential as a series. It’s basically a Final Fantasy Kingdom Hearts game

I agree 100%.

Ignored it originally because
>PSP exclusive
>Jap exclusive, because SE are lazy jews

Got it for PC back in 2017, and was blown away by it. If you told me that it was directed by Yoko Taro, I'd totally believe you.

Perhaps the best FF game ever made.
Anyone claiming otherwise is just an ADHD faggot.
The fact that we'll never get the Type-NEXT is a crime against humanity.

Attached: Final.Fantasy.Type-0.full.1234531.jpg (2051x1500, 763K)

the portrayal of l'cie in this is actually cool

Not him, but Type 0 is absolutely amazing, and SHITS on both 13 and 15, 10-to-0.

>Not him, but Type 0 is absolutely amazing, and SHITS on both 13 and 15

to be fair, what FF game doesn't shit on those two?

youtube.com/watch?v=JON6__mdHBI

The ost for this game is great like most FF games and loved the more mature themes it had compared to other FF titles.

>what FF game doesn't shit on those two?
2, 5, 8 and 12

>5, 8
brainlet detected

>Not him, but Type 0 is absolutely amazing, and SHITS on both 13 and 15, 10-to-0.
It's as shit as 13 and 15 for the same reasons:: game play, characters, and story. And no actual cities, towns, villages, etc. like XIII.

>12
kek

>V
>Worse than XIII & XV
You ok? You need someone to talk to? Who hurt you?

5 and 8 are great fucktard

It’s b8 and we just fell for it

devilish

King was my favourite, I'd like to know how Duece was OP considering I never could figure out how to play her.

Jack was as busted as the nut I left in your mom last night

I agree TC it is very underrated game.

You can see Cinque pantsu while rolling, to bad she is bad to play as she is also hottest girl.

Cater and Eighter are the best team. Fuck everyone else.
Fist and Gun = Fun

I tried getting into it long ago through emulation but just couldn't get into it. A bit of it being a psp game and a bit of the high school setting. I still think of giving it another shot once in a while though.

most people dont care about mmo's and there are plenty of final fantasy fans who still write off both XI and XIV because they dont want to pay to play them
get ready to hear a bunch of people complain that the next mmo shouldn't be a numbered title again

What would be the best WoFF version to play?

I'm kind of torn between PC and Switch version

the game is 30fps across all versions i believe

The idea was great, with the whole military school thing, but it was terribly executed.
Gameplay is bad. Its a action rpg but characters feel stiff as fuck when moving, theres no jump, and the fastest you can go is using the limited roll which is by itself stupid. Most characters in battle literally freeze in place while you attack, leaving you open for enemies to destroy you.
At some point missions get way over your level so you are forced to grind with ALL or at least half the cast of characters cuz only the ones in battle get exp, otherwise you stand no chance.
Plot is boring as fuck, at least as far as I bothered to play. Felt like it was written by the same person who worked on FFXII, another "muh politics" plot.
Characters are the only good thing about the game to be honest.
I bought the game on both PSP and Steam and I still havent bothered to finish it.

I heard the HD remaster had terrible ally AI where they literally just stand in one place and do nothing, which apparently hurts the gameplay, is that true?

it got buried deep by other games. i played it when it came out and i think i made it to chapter 3. i tried to replay it again years later and i keep losing interest. i played and beat FFXV, but that game held my interest.

>>GOD TIER(OP AS FUCK)
>Ace (Cards)
>Jack (Katana)
>Duece (Flute)
literally my exact party. Jack to parry everything, Ace for ranged, and Duece for buffs. Cinque is my favourite CUTE! but her gameplay is super shit s o i never used her

Attached: cinque a cute.png (1525x1450, 893K)

you literally got a free-control photo camera in the HD port. Stop whining.

Attached: 1565612836894.png (1385x706, 1.1M)

Not true.

>i played and beat FFXV, but that game held my interest
apparently you love driving around in a car.

PC port comes with all the DLC and Japanese audio by default. I doubt console versions do that.

I heard they removed it in HQ version.

removed WHAT?
The HD port is literally full of HQ cloth-covered ass and kunni.

Attached: fftype0hd_2017_04_05_00_39_05_682.jpg (1920x1200, 297K)

nice

Attached: Emina-Hanaharu-Type0.png (757x612, 658K)

type0 is just xv without jumping or aerial combat

FF Type1/Next looked so Kino

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_006.jpg (440x247, 30K)

XV and Type0 are the only good SE FFs.

seeing as 15 is the best ff

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_007.jpg (440x247, 33K)

False.

nope.

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_002.jpg (440x247, 30K)

does this have a good story and characters?

im hoping this gets a switch port. some day. some how. first they denied me type-0 hd on vita and now they taunt me again by not porting a handheld game to a handheld

I am a simple man and just want my megane character.
Would it be worth for me if I play that game for Queen?

Picked this game up for 8 bucks at gamestop even though I've hardly even heard of it. Anything I should know going in?

it is true
combo structure is the same in both, you have directional inputs in both, t0 has 2 per character while xv has 4 per weapon which has as much combat difference as using a different character
type0 no manual jumps or aerial attacks, xv has manual jumps and areial attacks etc
handguns work basically identical to kings guns too, plus you have more dodge and block options in xv at any given time than t0
you also can either hold or tap to attack in t0 or xv too

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_005.jpg (440x247, 29K)

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_003.jpg (440x247, 24K)

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_004.jpg (440x247, 25K)

Why the fuck do non-hentai games have such good looking character models? meanwhile hentai games receive literally Barbie and Ken.

you'll be bored to death.

hope one day LP decides to make Type1/Next based on these concept arts

youtu.be/jTbV_zwCm6c

Attached: Final-Fantasy-Type-Next_03-20_Init_008.jpg (440x247, 25K)

The gameplay is annoying as FUCK so use cheatengine.

The girls are great and the story is really mind bending. You have to pay attention though.

Yes.

considering she's kinda one of the Class 0's key figures, and that you are free to choose who ever you want as your "main", sure.

That is some extremely crude generalization on both parts. XV and T-0 play literally nothing alike, period.

Attached: fftype0hd_2017_03_31_01_02_06_335.jpg (1920x1200, 478K)

Type-0 should have been ff 15 and budget of it. It would be a masterpiece and the most mature of final fantasies. With those zealots rushing machine guns, and sacrificing of students to summon the demons.

I wanted to like it but my autism made me try to keep all the characters the same level

this was a bad idea

The game starts a bit slow and/or overwhelming, but you'll get used to it + it picks up a lot.

I really recommend doing as many side quests + talking to main characters during your "free time". The challenge trial quests are doable as long as you're no more than ~10 levels below the recommended.

Blizzard BOM + its evolved versions are OP.
ALWAYS use the Offline training on low-level characters when you plan to quit playing.

I've got 350 hours and 3 playthroughs put to the HD port already. I'm still loving it, and haven't even 100% it yet.

you're just a lazy ADHD faggot.

spy slut
post more

they play more similar than dissimilar and tabata himself said type0 combat elements are in xv

>I've got 350 hours and 3 playthroughs put to the HD port already. I'm still loving it, and haven't even 100% it yet.
you're the rarest kind of case. nobody on the planet will be into this game like you are, and thats why you're on Yea Forums talking about it. i don't think it is a bad game but there is nothing great about it besides it being an action rpg, a genre i like. but you have to have literally no other games to play to play this and not get bored.

>giant skeleton monster thing from Japanese folklore

FUCK WE COULDA HAD THAT

FF T-0 is not open world like XV, and has no filler minigames to waste time on.
T-0 has random encounters in closed arenas.
T-0 has RTS style missions.
T-0 has over a dozen characters, all which you can control and grind from the get-go.
T-0 has "perma death" for characters for the missions.
T-0 has mission-based progression that slowly forces you forward. XV does not move anywhere before you finally decide to tackle story quests.

Seriously, XV and T-0 are like apples and oranges to each other.

>nobody on the planet will be into this game like you are,
My wife is way MORE into T-0 than I am, as she's nearly platinumed it on two different systems already.

The game is absolutely amazing, and I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys actual VIDEO GAMES that also got epic yet bonkers stories, such as Nier Automata.

>but you have to have literally no other games to play to play this and not get bored.
Completely disagreed.
I recommend you to get your life fixed.

Gashadokuro?

>The Gashadokuro are spirits that take the form of giant skeletons and are fifteen times taller than an average person, said to be created from the amassed bones of people who died of starvation or in battle, without being buried. These yōkai roam after midnight, grabbing lone travelers and biting off their heads to drink their spraying blood. There is a way to know of their approach, as the victim would hear the sound of loud ringing in the ear. The Gashadokuro are said to possess the powers of invisibility and indestructibility, though Shinto charms are said to ward them off

Attached: 1280px-Mitsukuni_defying_the_skeleton_spectre_invoked_by_princess_Takiyasha.jpg (1280x617, 365K)

I tried this game but bounced off it twice. Furthest I got was to the uh... enemy city place where you get framed for murdering the sky-pope. How do you play this game and enjoy it?

Which version is better, PSP or HD?

it is not absolutely amazing. it is absolutely average. there is a shit ton of video games out there to recommend and this is not one of them. nier automata destroys this game in every fucking aspect, so i don't even know why you are talking about it.

>I recommend you to get your life fixed.
you're the one with a wife who plays video games all day. red flag right there.

I didn't say anything about progression or world structure or encounters, I'm talking about combat gameplay mechanics
Each character in t0 = 1 weapon noctis has, each weapon type is an entire new playstyle with different stats, combos, directionals etc, which is the difference between each t0 character

>How do you play this game and enjoy it?
I dunno. I started enjoying it soon after the intro mission.
It got more and more enjoyable and intriguing the further I got.

I guess the only real protip I could give is to try and find the character you like to play as. I pretty much used King as my "main" for 99% of the whole game, and it was sweet.

>Which version is better, PSP or HD?
Very subjective.
The PSP version is the OG, in a way looks better, and has some features that HD lacks, like the online co-op. The HD port is more accessible and easier to play.

>nier automata destroys this game in every fucking aspect, so i don't even know why you are talking about it.
Because they are very similar in many ways, and both are some of the best games this decade, and easily in my top-3 games of 2017.
T-0 did the unthinkable, and managed to de-throne FF9 as my very favorite Final Fantasy title.

>ff9
>favorite
nani the fuck

>I didn't say anything about progression or world structure or encounters, I'm talking about combat gameplay mechanics
Which just once again proves that nu- Yea Forums has no fucking idea what "gameplay" means, and think that combat = all there is to it.

Seriously, I've put hundreds of hours to both XV and Type 0.
They are nothing alike, be it in combat or otherwise.

>T-0 did the unthinkable, and managed to de-throne FF9 as my very favorite Final Fantasy title.
i'm not sure why but this statement made me giggle. they are similar in that they are both, action-type games? i've played both and would not compare them that much. unless you're one of those faggots who looks 'deeper' and thinks there are similarities when there isn't. either way, anyone in this thread looking to play type 0, play nier instead. you'll have a much better time.

I bought type 0 for the XV demo and then returned it

did I make a mistake?

Nier is just a puddle deep action game with a nice ass

Are you a spic? Illiterate? Underaged?
FF9 is one of the most acclaimed and loved games in the series. Literally capsules everything good about FF.

>they are similar in that they are both, action-type games?
No no no, you dumb action faggot...
They both are similar when it comes to their THEMES and ATMOSPHERE.

>play Nier instead
Because you just cannot fathom someone playing them both?
Also, Automata > T-0 > Nier

>giant fucking invisible skeletons

Attached: 1556420319215.jpg (427x320, 16K)

Except from the onset I was only talking about combat as I listed things pertaining to combat

Type0 is XV lite combat wise and Tabata himself stated T0 combat elements are in XV

Combo works the same in both, D input during the mid part of combo is the same in both, you can hold or tap to attack in both, switching between characters in t0 = switching weapons in xv, since in t0 each character only has 1 weapon type and is entirely defined by that 1 weapon, functionally weapon switch in XV achieves the same thing as each weapon type has entirely unique combo, dinputs etc to them, handguns in XV work exactly like in T0 too

>worst story worst protagonist worst characters except Steiner and Vivi late game party member speedrun to get ultimate weapon having ass shit
>the best
nani the fuck

so it's better than type 0? glad we agree

i'm talking about gameplay faggot. the atmosphere type 0 had did nothing to compliment the gameplay. all the areas are bland and shitty. nier's atmosphere nailed it and it makes you want to play more. why do you think 90% of the people in this thread stopped playing the game? because it is boring as fuck. you are to type 0 like barry is to xv.

>Except from the onset I was only talking about combat as I listed things pertaining to combat
No.
You said, quote:
>"type0 is just xv without jumping or aerial combat"

This sentence implies that T-0 and XV would be IDENTICAL in EVERY aspect, with the exception of the former lacking certain moves in the fighting mechanics.
This claim is extremely false, and also demonstrates your lacking communication skills.

>Tabata himself stated T0 combat elements are in XV
Yet Tabatha did not state that T-0 combat = XV combat. Just that "some elements" can be found in both. That's the same as claiming that T-0 has elements of FF7, because you got similar moves and magic in both.

You do not benefit from knowing how to play one of them, while playing the another.

>i'm talking about gameplay faggot.
No. You only talk of "muh combat".
I always talk of the ENTIRE EXPERIENCE at one.

>why do you think 90% of the people in this thread stopped playing the game? because it is boring as fuck.
NieR is way more boring and more clunky. The only reason I sat through it was because I wanted to see the origin story of Automata.

>you are to type 0 like barry is to xv.
More like you are an autistic narcissist, who has missed dozens of T-0 threads.

>I always talk of the ENTIRE EXPERIENCE at one.
why the fuck do you keep DOING THIS? you're the autistic cunt with a faggot fat wife who plays this shitty game all day lmao. there is no "experience" to be had from type 0. it's just a bland action RPG. literally every other action RPG destroys it, including Kingdom Hearts, by light years. the fact that you think automata is the more boring and ha, clunky one is because your taste is fucking trash.

>who has missed dozens of T-0 threads.
when it came out on psp, there were positive threads when people were playing the japanese version. and that died and died. and nowadays we just get literally you and only you to make these threads. i am betting the last time i was in a type 0 thread, you were the one who made it, and i had this exact same conversation. this game isn't even better than the 13 trilogy.

combat, did you not read? the context means I'm talking about combat

you moron, the entire reason why they have "hold to attack" alongside tap to attack is because it was in Type0

Playing as queen has as much to her entire combo as a regular broadsword does in XV plus directionals

kh is trash

Do we have the comments in english?

its one of the best series out there and your taste is trash.

>hyped for the game since release
>bought HD version because I also wanted the FFXV Discae Demo
>didnt like the game
It had a great OST though.

Attached: EBpwbZLU0AAzy_8.jpg (960x708, 89K)

I can't spend 200 hours on one game. I only live once and there are a lot of games out there. This game was designed for grinding. It was meant for Asians to play in small bursts for months.

I just played it for the story which is surprisingly intriguing. All be it a little over the top.

the OST is bland too. you couldn't even name 5 good tracks.

> Emina's lingerie model were removed from Historical Personae
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
IS THERE A MOD TO BRING IT BACK???

We Have Arrived
Three Hours That Changed the World
Type 0
Stepping Firmly on the Ground

I got 4

Attached: w547645064.gif (420x420, 2.65M)

>couldn't even name 5
lolz

You're just never happy with anything, Karen

Where Type-1 supposed to take place in FNC timeline?

In LR ending both Etro and Bhunivelze is dead. There's no longer conflict between gods or at least that's what i read

This game is the perfect example of great concept shit execution. Its so good for the first few hours but by the end you're questioning why you bothered sticking it out that long.

Typical Tabata directed game then.

I love when I finish a relatively obscure game and there's immediately a thread about it already up on Yea Forums

Jack/King/Seven main reporting in what are some busted team comps/characters I should learn to use now that im moving onto NG+ lads

oh no no no

Lightning Returns takes that title, because who in the hell sticks around to FF13-3.

Unclear, while the guy looked like ace his face looked older and he looks way taller, only his hair looked like ace

he got revived by Phoenix and the new armor he had on was like phoenix dragoon armor or something

type0 had stuff that was original to it and not in fnc overall, like diva, so probably would have been its own thing with some backdrop links to type0 like suzaku the Phoenix

>2

After having to watch this man and his chocobo refuse to die for 15 minutes - I really couldn't get into the game afterwards.

Attached: 2016-01-14_00005.jpg (1920x1080, 183K)

This.
And oddly enough it was a pretty good game.

It's a shame square is so cucked by California all of the sudden, the fact we couldn't see Kairi's pantsu is a tragedy. Or even Elsa's.

This game is absolute shit. Every aspect of it is just bad.

I finished Agito a lot time ago so my memory about it is a bit fucked up.
Regarding the tiers, I found that the game has almost two phases. In the first one, when you begin the game, the most useful characters are those who can crit enemies quickly and easily and King was especially useful for that. I killed various Behemoths grinding in this way.
In the second phase, when you acquire accessories to spam magic and your characters have higher stats, the most powerful characters are those with many and quick magic cancels. For this reason Rem becomes quite OP, Sice becomes more powerful (she has some very nice magic cancels) and King is still quite useful thanks to his kick move (it's very fast and you can apply a magic cancel). Moreover Rem is also OP because due to a skill of hers she can summon Bahamut indefinitely (even though the rating for the mission will decrease).

As for the game, I have some mixed feelings towards it. The original music was very good and I appreciated the effort to change the gameplay system, but there are many problems.
The first one is that perhaps there are too many characters and they didn't manage to balance them well. It's a problem present even in fighting games, but it remains a problem. Furthermore, the experience acquired wasn't shared with the characters not put in the team so it's difficult to try other characters when there is a gap of 20-30 levels.
The second one is that grinding is necessary for completing the game at higher difficulties or for the special challenges, but there aren't good spots for grinding. Gaining a few levels becomes a bothersome activity where you spend a lot of time mindlessly and I say this as a Disgaea/Z.H.P. fan.
Lastly, the plot was a mixture of complexity and cliche. The beginning was acceptable, but:
– the top brass in the academy hates you and tries to kill you every time, even if this will fuck up the country;
– the king of the dragon country literally behaves like a kid;
cont.

>the only real flaws with type 0 are
and the characters not having any development at all outside of Rem and Machina. Even Ace's own story is just him asking the brother for forgiveness and everyone else's story can more or less be summed up to "I don't want to be forgotten" or "I can't believe we've forgotten". Your teacher is basically the only character you even care about in the game.
and the fact you need to replay it a minimum of four times if you want the completed Crystarium.
and the fact that you need to consult a wiki to make any sense of the last several hours.
and you can only carry one quest at a time meaning if a quest takes place inside the school enjoy wasting 6 hours each time to do it.
and the game is balanced around Killsights so until you've got really good equips and are above level 60 you're dealing chip damage and standing around with a thumb up your ass waiting for a weak point.

I don't understand the praise for this game, it's easily one of the least fun FFs I've ever played and yet it gets hyped up to oblivion. XIII and DoC are the only things I can think of that top it.

There's not a single element that would be outright "bad".

The opening cutscene of 30 minutes of some random kid dying was the most cringeworthy shit that amounted to nothing I have ever witnessed in a video game.

Yes

Queen, Eight, and whoever was my team. I just switched low guys out.

>timeline
There is no timeline, the idea behind FNC was to have 3 different games take three different approaches to the same concepts. The idea behind Type-0 was to start a spinoff series of experimental games, so Type-1/NEXT's plot would have also had nothing to do with 0.

– (the queen of the dragon country was also quite a bitch with her clairvoyance powers);
– everyone in the academy hates you at the end of the game and you don't even know why;
– you defeat the final boss when its plan is not really clear (according to the wiki, it wanted to open some doors for the otherworld or whatever);
– the Crimson Code is a nice idea and it does clarify some points, but it also creates ulterior confusion and I started to think that there were various clones of the characters;
– in the video gallery you find out actually the real villain was someone else, whose description is two lines is the monster encyclopaedia.

Perhaps they fucked up a bit the plot because originally FF-13 Agito should have been released together with FF-13 and FF-13 Versus for the Fabula Nova Crystallis project so they kept the references, but they didn't do a good job for the world building. Nonetheless, given their past works they should have been able to do better.

So, tl;dr. I appreciated the game and I think they that took a good path so I would have liked to see a game with a similar structure. However, there are also many relevant problems and these prevent FF-13 Agito to be a masterpiece in my eyes.
As a final note, the ending with the song from Bump of Chicken was kino and well done.

The cities are pretty terrible.

holy based

Don't worry, even you will cease to be an edgy teenager at some point.

this is sort of false.

Nah. They were cute as fuck.

How many Final Fantasys do I need to have played to "get" WOFF? I only played IV, V, X, XIII, and Type-0.

Attached: 803.png (259x377, 81K)

It's designed to be enjoyed even by people who are relatively new to the series, but the more FFs you've played the better (especially from 6 and onwards)

To really "get" most of the things, you really should play the PS1 trilogy (7-8-9). The fan-favorite of the 16-bit era games, FF6, also plays a major role.

There is also bits and pieces from other titles, even the Crisis Core, but those you will catch up easily.

The PSP era unironically has the best pantsu in video games. It was basically right before Square Enix started censoring upskirts in all of their games.

Attached: 1320066819616.jpg (2878x1588, 196K)

What they did was make all the skirts stiff as a board, so they don't naturally move around during gameplay revealing the girls' pantsu. So you have to use camera gimmicks to look up their skirts in the HD version.

Attached: 1320067816822.jpg (2878x1588, 197K)

By at least playing all if not, then most the Square Soft era rpgs.

Attached: 1544939029698.png (480x310, 18K)

Post FFXII, these have been the only two FF games I've enjoyed. FFXIII-2 gets close if you just completely ignore the story.

You can still see their pantsu in the HD version, you just have to try harder (which in and of itself is criminal, since naturally moving skirts and pantsu was one of the pros of the original PSP version).
youtube.com/watch?v=iqLPMFHlTw0

Attached: 1426670415330.jpg (1920x1080, 195K)

This one animation led to me using Cinque for most of the game.

But I liked FFXIII-2 and LR.

>this is false but I'm not gonna say which part
Okay, cool.
ign.com/articles/2013/10/28/final-fantasy-15-may-be-linked-to-final-fantasy-13 (there's older interviews than this but this is the first that popped up)
webcitation.org/6TodbDl1S?url=http://eu.square-enix.com/en/blog/paris-games-week-type-0-hd-interview-hajime-tabata

The only part that was false was that I misspoke on Type-0. I should have said the idea eventually became rather than it was.
The only thing that wasn't covered is whether or not Type-1 would have taken place in the same Orience, but that doesn't really matter at this point either way, and the game was in pre-production so they likely didn't have the answer themselves.

>I can't spend 200 hours on one game. I only live once and there are a lot of games out there.
That's a bullshit excuse.
I'd much rather spend months on a single GREAT game, than waste my time and money on a dozen mediocre as fuck, disposable garbage.

Especially in case of games like FF T0, where you can't even experience the full story unless you do NG+ and finish optional quests, it is easy to spend weeks on it.

>I bought type 0 for the XV demo and then returned it
>did I make a mistake?

Yes

>Cinque
She was too slow to use for my tastes. I mainly stuck with King for most of the game

This.
Both were some of the best FF games ever made. No hyperbole.

Thanks anons. I guess I'll put it off until I've played a bit more, then, at least 7/8/9.

Is this the game that Tabata directed? Is it any good or equally as shitty as FF15?

>Is this the game that Tabata directed?
Yes

>Is it any good or equally as shitty as FF15?
better than 15 for many reasons such as:
No need to buy any DLC or watch a movie to get the whole story. You just need to beat the game twice
Combat is more than the casual pandering Hold O to win mess that 15 was

Reminder that you can use Rem's auto revive ability for free summons.

so is the game worth buying or not?
didn't read thread lol

Did you even played FFXV? I´m not defending the game, its shit, but that "hold O to win" meme is a good way to spot somebody that never touched the game and dont know anything about endgame combat.

>Did you even played FFXV?
I got the Platinum.

The enemies and combat were so poorly designed that I never bothered buying any extra combat moves or experiment with different weapon types except for the starting weapon and the big katana like weapon I got since it was the digital version.

I hate it when people criticize XV's combat, defenders go "OH, YOU DIDN'T PLAT\Y THE GAME".

The Platinum doesn't require you to do the really hard shit. Mostly playing devil's advocate because I doubt the really hard shit is worth doing, but apparently it's no longer a face roll at least

Ive only ever seen the day one edition of type 0.

>The Platinum doesn't require you to do the really hard shit.

It's only "really hard" because your items are taken away form you. I read up about the menace dungeons and went "no thanks".

Hell, I didn't even do the platforming optional dungeon because:
1. Having to platform in a game where it's not designed for platforming is a bad idea
2. requires using the flying car, which is a poorly designed piece of shit

Ahh right it was some bullshit like that. I liked the stupid fucking game for some reason but I'd had enough after the Adamantoise fight for the platinum.

Square doesn't exist, it's defunct.

>the Adamantoise fight

that was a boring ass fight. Like 1.5 hours of chipping away at the fin (fought it before the ring buff. I also did not have the ring at the time)

I liked it, but to my surprise, many people didn't. I would like it more if the framerate wasn't locked to 60fps.

Overrated game that needed refinement in its combat. Magic cancelling into BOM spells is kinda OP because it does insane damage without having to killsight things

I mean 30 fps

The Maxima versions, which you buy on every platform now on default (except PS4 I think?), come with all the DLC and extra stuff.

I loved this game except for the final dungeon but I can't remember why

Attached: 9911658_p0.jpg (1024x768, 298K)

>which you buy on every platform now on default (except PS4 I think?)

there is a Maxima bundle you can buy, Physically or Digitally

I forgot it existed and that I had owned it.
Bought it only for the XV demo, never even touched Type 0.

It is unironically one of the best FF games ever made, and a love-letter to the series' history.