Terraria thread!

Terraria thread!
>Megashark is best

Attached: SUPPLIES MOTHERFUCKA.jpg (1280x721, 276K)

that is not a megashark user

Sorry, it's a smallwhale.

>not going for an apache build
lmao what's wrong with y'all

>not summoner with the level 3 sentry

>Not fighting the Moonlord with a slime staff

>not fighting the Moon Lord with boulders

>not fighting the Moon Lord with traps
Either kind is fine.

Update fucking when?

it will probably come out in like 4 months

What is that? Modded or just a sick summon? I haven't checked in since moon lord update. Also, any broken environmental tips for going expert mode first time?

It's from Tremor IIRC.
>Environmental
Corruption over crimson every time because the worm scarf is fucking amazing. Prepare a plant farm, stock up on potions, and construct an arena. Banners can be used to great effect.

>spend an hour cutting off corruption
>learn hardmode throws a fucking giant V of corruption onto the map randomly

Attached: 1512749899444.jpg (240x239, 9K)

You're missing out on that Crimson Cloud and Golden Shower my man.

>-17% damage taken, vs a shitty nimbus rod that's fairly situational and a weapon whose primary effect can be easily replicated with any class that isn't shit

>not bringing in ore from the color your world didn't have and splicing it into a secluded cave so you have both resources

Casual

My wish for Terraria 2 is that it gets all the mods Starbound has but better. Especially the degenerate ones.

meteor armor+space gun is godly, m8

>not tanks

>needing a crutch cause you're shit at dodging

Honest to god if they let you disable corruption spread in 1.4 I’ll go ahead and say terraria is officially the best game ever, it’s the one thing that pisses me off in this game

Was going to say something along the lines of "It'll be better than Starbound too." but then realized that's pretty easy to accomplish because that game SUCKS ASS. Such a damn shame too because the earlier parts of early access it looked pretty promising, then they cut out so much fucking content.

>not fighting in GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT

>and a weapon whose primary effect can be easily replicated with any class that isn't shit
With significantly less efficiency.

Played through Calamity several times on highest difficulties and I can vouch that some aspects of vanilla design are outright dogshit that I hope to see addressed in the new patch, namely the tower event being absolutely fucking horrendous.

Melee weapons aren't even really melee. They're more of an imitation of ranged and magic, especially later in the game.

This nigga gets it.
Tower event?

Celestial Pillars I imagine

That or the Old One's Army.

Attached: 1559078755259.jpg (700x1000, 219K)

Meant the pillars after you defeat the lunatic cultist, sorry. The enemies are just straight up trash for vanilla, namely the nebula floaters, flow invaders, stargazers, celenians and some others. A lot just move way too fast for vanilla if you don't go the brainlet route and abuse clorophite bullets + vortex beater w/ rod of discord/grappling hook spam. Some aspects turn into bullet hell and it's one of the things I hate about recent Calamity because the game really isn't meant for spammy bullshit. IIRC stargazers have a laser that instantly hits you and they can be off screen while doing so, nebula floaters projectiles are nearly the same color as the background and are tiny as hell, flow invaders are annoying too because they're horribly programmed to guaranteed shoot a projectile at you even if taking damage, something that's basically not in the game elsewhere as most non-boss enemies stop shooting if you're currently hitting them. Celenians are cancer too because it makes it "wait to attack enemy" or else have your attacks reflected at higher damage and velocity, which is also never present for other non-boss enemies IIRC. Vanilla moon lord also gives me a headache because you're forced to play either like a complete pussy spamming the nurse or abuse grappling hook, rod of discord, clorophite bullets etc. Not much room for other classes to have a fun time playing and certain aspects like the true eyes shooting the sweeping lasers and then the homing splash damage bolts that hit through blocks are aids too. First part is okay so long as you don't kill the eyes too early but the second part can easily devolve into a mess from aspects that are largely bullshit like projectile spamming from the true eyes. The only consistent thing is dodging the volleys of eyes shot at you every few seconds, other than that the true eyes can often bolt in front of you and gun you down like the degenerate you are. Often doesn't feel "deserved" when you lose, basically.

I'm not going to read that unless you add some line breaks.

When is 1.4 coming?

As soon as they buff the Apache guns to do more damage to those pesky tanks

>or else have your attacks reflected at higher damage and velocity, which is also never present for other non-boss enemies IIRC
Granted, it's only on expert mode but still.

Attached: 1236287352836.png (1218x163, 16K)

>playing on normal mode
pleb

How

about

you

learn

to

read

faggot?

Not going to cater to your 7th grade reading comprehension, any non-subhuman could read what I posted in a couple minutes easily without getting mixed up.

Fucking nigger, not posting walls of text is common etiquette on any forum with text posts.

Projecting.

Ah I forgot about those, but considering they're a rarer enemy and sometimes they don't do that move in a fight it's not really comparable in my eyes, whereas Celenians are in that reflecting state a large portion of the time. Mimics are easy with a decent sized area to fight them IMO.

That doesn't even make sense.

That's why I play with a mod that disables corruption spread.

Ah yes, common etiquette on forums (not just here) which quite often devolve into off-topic nonsense. I'm sorry you need each point spaced out so your slow brain can process what you just read in the previous sentence. How the hell did you even make it through high school English or reading books even?

Are you a bit mentally retarded?

Nigger, open up a book and tell me what you see. It's not going to be a dense wall of text.

I was making an observation and you brought up normal mode.

Attached: 1253198726382153.jpg (680x678, 66K)

Depends on what book you're reading. RParagraphs can start on one topic and segue into another by the end very easily and rapidly, so are you going to write up the authors and complain about that needing a line break? If I was writing up an essay about this game that could easily be its own paragraph, but you're only bitching because it's on "MUH WEB PAGE". Take your autistic tic and complain elsewhere if you don't have anything to add to the discussion other than the fact you can't read a "wall of text", coonboy.

Just end your life before you shit up the forum any further.

>calling 4cocks a "forum" instead of calling it an image board first
I bet you go on bodybuilding and post about how you eat your own jizz, forumfag.

Isn't that what /fit/ is?

I barely remember the early betas what did they toss out?

Stop shitting up my Terraria thread

It's that started it by being a fucking moron.

Been a while but I'm pretty sure most of the old tech that was good like the anti-gravity bubble that you could zoom around in is gone and replaced with a super watered down version. Think there was a teleporting one too that got completely removed. Rainbow sword got replaced as the astrosaber dx, bonehammer is gone, demon eye sword is gone I think. Higher tier planets, armor and weapons got removed (tier 8 and above I think) in place of danger levels on planets which removed a good few armors and weapons from the game too.

Pointing fingers isn't going to fix anything. I want you both to go to your rooms.

None of this would have even started if these faggots
didn't whine about their preschool reading skills being under attack in the first place. Also
>actually wanting reddit spacing
Please 40% tranny.

You're the one who's probably actually autistic.

They release the patch that was announced at E3 yet?

>Unironically using "reddit spacing" as your argument and defending it
Wow, it's like you don't actually can come up with an actual reason for why the person you're accusing of "reddit spacing" is wrong. That or you don't even read his fucking post because of the formatting. Either way, you're both a newfag and retarded.

Sadly no. Also, it's the absolute final chance for modded content to ascend, so say your prayers.

>tfw have a tiny surface jungle
>hardmode decides to fuck that shit right in half
>all that's left of my surface jungle fits on one screen
>by the time I get to plantera it's gone
I fucking hate clentaminating.

Here's your solution.

Attached: EXTERMINATUS BUTTON.png (700x500, 362K)

Honestly, I'm kinda happy that the update's going to affect progression from the word go, so I have an excuse to just give up and start over then.

And for that matter,
this
isn't
reddit
spacing.

This

is

reddit

spacing.

What do you mean, aspie? If you're so conditioned that you need to always have your information cut and presented in a specific way you're probably the retard here, nigger. You're the exact kind of person whose sole purpose in life is to "consume product". Don't get mad that people are telling you to learn to read responses that are longer than your one line jokes you see on twitter or facebook.

That first formatting example would still result in a "wall of text", groid. Please just get shot in your inner city already faggot.

Attached: hitlerkanone.png (582x683, 480K)

You have to go back.

Attached: REMOVE JUMPER.jpg (2160x1551, 1.16M)

>the update's going to affect progression from the word go
How so?

Hey guys, I'm trying to start up my Apache but it won't work. Which button should I press to make it fly up?

Fuck off reddit spacing isn't real.
Stop coming up with retarded bullshit to be mad about

Attached: 1522830793258.png (909x720, 107K)

It's changing and adding things pre-hardmode too, it's not just post-Moonlord stuff.
You're probably not missing anything huge, but it'll make building up a new character from scratch a bit different so there'll be a reason to do so for some.

I"m going to play my next run in master mode.

>Doubles down on the "reddit spacing" autism
You're not really making a strong point for yourself at this point. Try making an actual counterargument next time or shut up instead of completely dismissing the post before you've even read it because of the formatting. Jesus fucking christ, I haven't seen a newfag trying this fucking hard to fit in and failing in ages.

Attached: 1521735308703.png (1190x906, 251K)

the reddit spacing meme is just a prank to upset people

nobody is actually stupid enough to believe it's a thing
right???

Attached: 2pybwo.jpg (466x500, 23K)

The last 2 years has made me believe that if you push a meme hard enough people will believe it and worship it.
Reminds me of 2010

I really tried to get far into this game but some of the bosses seemed impossible solo.

Which ones?

I played a while ago, but I actually remember beating some sort of meat wall near the lower edge of the world and getting stuck at the next boss. I think it was a flying mechanical skull or something similar.

Bosses are all about prep and constructing a proper arena to fight them in.

when is 1.4... i'm starting to lose it

Attached: 1500134188782.png (618x618, 647K)

Been playing though this for the first time recently and I just beat Skeletron yesterday who was a huge pain in the ass.

Bravo!
Expert?

Yeah. I think it took about 8 tries.

This
what's wrong with some people?

Attached: Terraria_2017-09-05_21-48-29.png (209x146, 32K)

The fuck is an apache build?

I am honestly surprised the game hasn't been patched to include an actual apache just for the meme.

What are you even talking about? What formatting? The responses were all one liners. I made my point about how faggots whining about "MUH LINE BREAKS" are too stupid to read a paragraph, immediately labelling it as a wall of text because they can't read anything that isn't set up visually in a certain way. I can't think of something more benign to bitch about on here than seeing some lines of text and complaining that it isn't formatted like on your forums that no one gives a fuck about. Really seems like either your reading comprehension is as dogshit as I think it is, you're willfully ignorant or you're an ESLfag.

Attached: a pic for the sperganon.jpg (480x480, 58K)

Really been itching to play, but I don't wanna jump in before the new patch, so I'm just waiting

Attached: 1429152571531.jpg (900x608, 84K)

I miss 2005 OC
now we just get edits of wojaks, it fucking hurts

I think you're the one reading too much into things here, your responses so far make zero fucking sense otherwise unless explained by autism. I think it's time you have another session in one of these, bud.

Attached: hugbox.png (500x500, 295K)

> you, sir, win the internetz xD
> I LOL'D
do you really want this shit back?

>cringe
>cope
>seethe
>dilate
yeah
I really want that shit back

nigger

suck my dick faggot

Throwing a hissyfit over someone using too many linebreaks like you are is just as retarded as getting buttblasted over someone using too few. You're literally defending your own autism while getting upset over literally the same shit as you're guilty of. If you can't even grasp that hypocrisy, you really are a retard.

Attached: 1293824653361.jpg (233x238, 10K)

And it's time for you to have a session in one of these.

Attached: guillotine.jpg (231x300, 8K)

If you're new to Terraria I'd recommend playing it anyway because it has good replay value, and seeing how the new patch wont be out for a while you could easily come back to the game when it does release. I personally think it's cool seeing how a game changes from patch to patch and experiencing the differences myself.

nah I've gone on the terraria binge a couple times now, I definitely wanna wait for the new patch but it still hurts

I fucking kekked

>terraria thread
>full of down syndromites
it's like I'm really in /tg/

Except I pointed out how hypocritical it is to bitch about paragraphs online and then not bitch about them in literature. Also, the "both sides are just as bad" shitty """""argument""""" you're making here holds no fucking water, just shows you're a coward with no strong opinions on anything trying to seem mature on the internet as a complete stranger. Pathetic.

It's actually just the one guy bitching about reddit spacing.

>acting like conversations are ever on-topic on this site
C'mon nigga.

Reminder that summoner is the best class
Fighting enemies yourself is for brainlets

>Completely missing the point again
You have to go back.

Attached: gulag2.png (740x416, 172K)

>not making it your goal to attain PERFECT DAKKA
Coward.

Sad, isn't it? It has to be a newfag complaining that responses aren't always written like essays like they are on other sites. Most of the thread was on-topic until he decided to comment on how he can't read and then it devolved into the shitshow it currently is.

>not fighting in glorious melee combat

Attached: et sez yer a grot.png (500x564, 97K)

It's hardmode that really starts that bullshit. Hardmode is a hacked on, unbalanced, unfair pile of shit on top of a game that is perfectly balanced and well designed just because the developers wanted more out of a game that was complete already.

gr8 b8 m8

Post commie blocks.

Attached: commieblock.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

>Not fighting with your summons and have them act as support
Weak.

You don't bait someone with facts and something reasonably explained. You bait someone with ridiculous, immature scribble like "gr8 b8 m8".

No, you bait with things that are objectively incorrect.

>"Look how foolish you're acting by being just as bad in severity as the opposite like I'm claiming you are"
>"Haha no I won't respond to any of your points, I'll just keep acting like I'm above it all because that makes me 2cool4theinternet"
Holy FUCK you act so much like a redditor it's insane, would explain you projecting with the "have to go back" autism. Pitiful attempt at trying to fit in.

Attached: asdf.png (473x351, 147K)

>objectively incorrect
I'm sorry, where is your counter-argument, then, if it's incorrect? All you're doing is "HURR DURR YOU'RE WRONG BOOHOO" which strongly suggests that you're full of shit.

Attached: 1554743311222.jpg (345x346, 47K)

>still can't muster a half decent response
Feels good getting proven right, thanks bud. I'd suggest retaking your English 101 classes.

>hardmode
>unbalanced, unfair
unbalanced in the player's favor maybe
if you play normal mode and unironically die to a single boss pre-moon lord, consider uninstalling the game

Oh, you've been proven wrong countless times in this thread, you're just too stupid to actually listen to why. There's no point in arguing with you anymore. You could have admitted defeat when I proved just how stupid your autistic hissyfit about linebreaks were, but you still kept insisting you were right, ergo the only thing you're good for anymore is entertainment.

Attached: 1469489261980.jpg (350x383, 37K)

I'm not trying to be one of those fags that just says "git gud" but hardmode isn't that bad IMO. I do have to admit that currently it's quite the leap in stats though, feels like a gear-check that you fail 100% of the time. Hoping this is addressed with more/updated early-mid hardmode gear that doesn't blow ass. If you aren't playing expert, don't, you'd probably have an aneurysm.

>get to hardmode
>grab fetid baghnakhs and any old melee armor
>facetank every boss and they die in seconds
>take no damage because nothing on normal does damage to melee armor
wow dude so hard and unfair

So anons, how'syour current run going?
>mods you're using (if any)?
>class you're playing?
>how far along are you?
>how you enjoying it?
For me personally
>thorium + enigma
>thrower
>beat plantera and farmed the shit out of the dungeon
>having a blast

I mean the only real thing you really need to worry about at the beginning of hardmode is to get the first tier of hardmode armor, and then you'll be back up to snuff in a jiffy. It's not even that hard with your WoF gear, just kinda tedious to kill the early hardmode enemies unless you got lucky with the WoF loot.

>thrower
yikes dude

Throwing is fun tho, both of the big mods I'm using add a lot of excellent and fun to use weapons

you shouldn't even have to kill a single enemy for hardmode armor, unless you're an actual retard
just go break an altar, magic mirror out after the wraiths spawn, then jump down your hellevator with a spelunker potion
it's so fucking easy, anyone who actually thinks early hardmode is a major difficulty spike is braindead

How is thrower as a class? Ive been playing thorium for a few days and just started hard mode stuff in expert but the numbers on throwing weapons compared to any other class seem lackluster so far

>Lazy enchanted sword
>Commie block
It just works

i haven't played thorium's thrower in a really long time, but last i played you just used shitty shuriken resprites that did mediocre damage the whole game.
they may have improved it since then, but i doubt it.

Did you mean expert?

>improved
I see you didn't get the news on the thorium throwing nerf.

That about sums up my brief experiences with it, thought maybe i was missing something that made it better or more fun

For beginning hardmode, you should be using the vials until you kill Coznix or a mech boss, both of which opens up your options in terms of throwing weapons significantly. The adimantite and titanium richochets are also really good boss killing weapons.
At least, that's what worked for me. Feel free to try out other stuff, like there's a weapon from mimics in the underworld that seems good
Throwing is decent if you're willing to put in the effort, but has a lot less options compared to other classes due to being more of a side focus for the mod compared to Bard and Healer as well as not being a vanilla class

shurikens should have stayed as ranged damage, throwing was a mistake
it's fundamentally impossible to make it interesting without literally just respriting ranged weapons

>Smack WoF
>Spider pit
>Become spider guy

>"proven wrong countless times"
How? I made the point earlier that whining about wanting forum formatting in my first response in the thread was the stupidest shit I've ever heard. You and one other dumbass kept standing your ground posting smug memes and making no counterargument whatsoever, just saying "lol both sides r dumb I so smart". It's fine if you want to see your information presented like it's in a
>list
>like
>this
but I'm not going to write it out like that because I don't care about how easy/hard it is for you personally to read, I'm just leaving my response. If you're too inept to read an 11 sentence paragraph that's your issue. The other initial response I got to that first post was actually on topic and from someone who could actually read, instead of some troglodyte being a pissbaby over having to read for a couple minutes. The one's missing the point are the ones not even realizing they started this shitstorm in the thread in the first place and it's hilarious. I can only imagine having so little self awareness to complain that people aren't behaving in a way you deem acceptable and then claiming they're the one's who are blind for calling you out on that autism.

Attached: 651243465.png (1024x820, 817K)

please get a trip so i can filter your off-topic wall of text posts
thank you

>Calamity and a few QOL mods like magic storage
>Mage
>Skeletron Prime
>Hate it because the brony faggot dev keeps making bad decisions and has zero self awareness after bitching about master mode being "artificial difficulty"
Fuccboi keeps nerfing gear and adding more homing projectile cancer and immunity to bosses, makes me want to commit rope.

>calamity
you brought this on yourself.

Honestly after playing through the last several major updates to it I have to agree. Stockholm syndrome at an all time high, keep thinking he'll wake up and fix shit instead of breaking it in his alcoholic stupor.

What happened to Calamity?

Fagsol is incapable of making good decisions

What did he do?

I don't know the last time you played it but at least for deathmode:
>Devourer of Gods and Yharon keep getting changed in ways that make the fight take longer (more health, minions, invincibility phases, etc.)
>Gear that provides mobility in fights like wings/MOAB etc. keep getting nerfed on things like jump height, jump speed, flight speed, flight time, etc.
>Some weapons/gear on one class just blows absolute ass compared to their counterparts for other classes
>Most developer weapons blow ass while some are as ridiculous as they should be
>Good portion of bosses have been changed over time to include homing projectile spam and 1-2 shot kills
One of my recent playthroughs I wanted to brain myself at Yharon but persisted and beat him. IIRC in the past months he changed him to always be able to keep pace with you, which basically means he will easily hit you at some point and it never feels deserved because he's darting around at 400 miles per hour. I've tried dodging like I see other people do in videos and it seems less effective, probably because of movespeed nerfs.

>when you're mad that people are killing your shitty """superboss""" too easily so you just make it instantly kill you for getting hit 10 times total
just calamity things

Attached: ok.png (361x129, 11K)

ARRRGGHHH I WANT TO PLAY IT BUT DON'T WANT TO PLAY IT UNTIL THE UPDATE

ARRRRGHHH
That being said I've never beat any boss after Wall of Flesh. I haven't actually tried, but I keep meaning to go back to it.
Now that this is the "end" I will be playing all the way through. Tips?

Rush to beat wall of flesh because Hardmode is about the most grindy experience there is in the entire game.

Play it now with mods, then vanilla after the update when mods won't work for a few weeks/months.

Not him but if you really can't see why you're wrong by this point, you really are as retarded as he says you are.

How to get faster at the game? Everytime Yea Forums gets together, I'm left in the dust.

>How to get faster at the game
The hell?
Like progress faster?
Just abuse the wiki.

ME-GA SHARK DO DO DO DO DO DO

>HURR DURR WHAT ARE PARAGRAPHS

>"not him"
>literally no way to prove not samefagging
Pathetic. Just stop while you're behind man.

is that a mod