The best 1 hour in the entire Metal Gear saga

EVerything from start to finish was perfect.

Gameplay, soundtrack, story, cutscenes. It was Kojima's greatest work.

Attached: 5912392cae653a57c51855c7.jpg (323x433, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9j4Nat195yg
youtube.com/watch?v=OkHFGL1NOfA
youtube.com/watch?v=bwDCcto2yk4&t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It was peak Metal Gear gameplay and level design but the story and direction was just above average, not perfect.

>story and direction was just above average, not perfect.
It was perfectly done for what it was. Not sure what more you could expect with

It's almost like it was a vertical slice user.

Attached: 1565312781026m.jpg (1024x566, 46K)

No, user, that's just the first hour you ever played. You forgot to mention you never touched any of te other games, it's important.

Attached: BiBo.png (570x572, 327K)

Ground Zeroes is better than The Phantom Pain.

He looks like a homeless person from NYC

GZ is peak of mgs in terms of gameplay. It’s basically TPP, but none of the long helicopter rides and driving to the outpost for 15 minutes

Attached: ground zeroes.gif (900x522, 199K)

GZ is the demo for the full game. It's like saying MGS2 is primarily the Tanker section, it makes no sense.

>Chico's ankles were bolted
>The tape with him being forced to rape Paz
>Finding Paz and that music starts to play
>Wondering who Skullface is and the mystery surrounding him
>Using the tape for clues to find Paz

So much kino. I just didn't think that it would be the highlight of MGSV

youtube.com/watch?v=9j4Nat195yg

youtube.com/watch?v=OkHFGL1NOfA

peace day never came

MGSV in general almost consistently went for the cinematic "single long take", which worked wonders for the intro, but also had the side effect of sacrificing the dynamic camerawork and priceless dialogue that made metal gear so fun. Even though it's so well-done, I can't think of a single cutscene from Ground Zeroes/MGSV that I actually found genuinely memorable aside from the intro to GZ, which is weird because everything looked so fantastic in the trailers.

Even the Shining Lights cutscene isn't as impactful as it looked like it would be in the Nuclear trailer, mostly because the camerawork wasn't as focused as it should be thanks to the constant use of a long take rather than cuts, the writing was a bit silly (and not in the funny way MGS is known for) and as subtle as Kiefer's performance is, Big Boss still can't help but feel like a constant fish out of water with everyone else hamming it up as much as possible.

All in all, everything about Ground Zeroes and MGSV felt like a jarring shift in direction that was neither properly capitalized on or necessary in the first place.

...that's literally what it is.. are you retarded by chance?

agree.

also huge complaint incoming. in Ground Zeroes the camera never cuts because the entire game is done in one "shot", from the start of the first trailer to the end of the game. TPP is not done in one shot, but the stupid camera still never cuts, it just swings and pans and zooms everywhere despite the 1shot gimmick from GZ not carrying over. the cinematography suffers as a result. I'm glad to see that Death Stranding apparently has normal camera cuts in it like Kojimbo's old games.

Attached: 1420176307039.webm (1280x720, 1.71M)

It was everything I wanted for TPP
Fuck the open world meme bullshit
Fuck TPP
and fuck Kojima

And amazingly, almost nobody realized what actually happened in the story.

fucking kek

Attached: 1560737013063.jpg (450x450, 42K)

I played them all in 2014 right before it came out. Going from MGS4 to GZ was mind blowing.

TPP was literally "everything that can go wrong, DID go wrong"

No kidding. You skipped Peace Walker?

>story
It doesn't have a story you fucking retard. It sets up shit with no payoff.

Shut the fuck up, faggot.

Attached: 1563051035724.webm (430x242, 739K)

see what I mean

Attached: 1563050957831.webm (604x340, 328K)

TPP is literally GZ though
You only have your stupid hype to blame for it not living up to your retarded expectation

No matter how good the individual parts were, none of it came together particularly well.

I'm actually kind of concerned Death Stranding's going to suffer from the same problems.

Attached: 1563050875195.webm (534x300, 238K)

GZ's intro is still GOAT, but its ending is as well. That Paz surgery was great and the crash soon after. But I agree with everything in TPP being shit and unmemorable

GZ worked better as the second episode

>Prologue Awakening: Learn the mechanics of the game
>Phantom Limbs: Test those mechanics freely on an environment that is accessible from a design point
>Ground Zeroes
A step up from the previous episode, now you have to deal with cars, cameras etc as well

What the fuck are you trying to say? Not him, and I love them all minus V, but GZ was absolute perfection. It's not my favorite or anything, because in the end it still is a demo, but it was a perfect 1 hour experience for what it was. What do you mean by saying that's all he's played? That'd make sense if he said V overall was perfection, because that's when it's obvious that was someone's first MGS

The only thing I hate about V's cutscenes is the shaking and I'm glad Kijimbles removed it from DS.
Everything else about them is great and they're miles ahead of what came before.

PW to GZ would make it even more mindblowing. I'm assuming he played that but forgot to mention it

I started with 1 in 2000 and V is my favourite Metal Gear, right next to 2 and 3.

I think the story was perfect for what it wanted to be. It set out to do just one thing, basically shit on all your fun memories of Peace Walker and being all "fuck you, shit's getting real"
It seriously got me emotionally because I was just done putting like a billion hours in that game and getting almost 100%.

I am legit retarded, I never noticed any of these things.

Whats obvious is the butthurt of people that fell for Kojimas weakest ruse and call a tech demo "perfection" simply out of spite for the work as a whole. Now you have people going so far as to call it the best the series has to offer? Its the "peak"? Dumbest shit I've ever read. I'm not a knee-jerking autist who vehemetly hates MGSV because "Muh becoming demon" but it sure as hell aint peak, and that includes the demo (Because games are more than the sum of their parts) MGS "peaked" at 3 in all regards.

The sentiment is as pants on head retarded as saying the tanker segment in MGS2 is better than the rest of the game. The only way I can rationalize something so micro wet-brain is that its knee-jerking contrarianism. HYPER contrarianism because everyone was already disappointed in the game for much more understandable reasons, but not enough to call its tech demo better.

Nigger I've played the whole series to death and been doing so since the time of Solid 1, and GZ blew me the fuck away. I thought this is it, kojimbo finally nailed it, this is all a modern MGS needed to be. My first playthrough took me like 7 hours and they were probably the most fun I've ever had playing a Metal Gear game. The whole facility seemed massive the first time around, and the game feels like you can do anything. Man, just the little things I always wanted to do in the previous games, like sneakily pulling a guy walking by into a corner or actually climb shit that appears to be climbable, or sprinting like a fucking madman, I mean if you've been caught there's no reason you shouldn't be able to get the hell outta there as fast as you can
God damn. I'm loving TPP but I guess all that mind-blown factor has worn off, so GZ remains more impressive in my mind.

No you haven't, you've replied to that post 3 times out of anger. You played this first and just assumed everything before wasn't worth touching.
Stop wasting people's time with your bullshit, kid.

That's an impressive imagination

Schizo

>MGSV is the peak!!
youtube.com/watch?v=bwDCcto2yk4&t

Yea Forums when GZ releases
>”30 dollar demo!”
After TPP
>”MASTERPIECE!”
Literally Zelda cycle

Yeah Yea Forums make up your mind already, what am I supposed to think? You can't expect ME to form my own opinion!

Yea Forums loved the shit outta GZ at launch though. Especially when it hit PC and it was like $10.

You couldn’t have any thread without rampant shitposting over the game being a paid demo. Literally Zelda cycle

OP is right. GZ is pretty much the peak point of the series.

>great cutscene direction
>open-ended gameplay with ton of replay value
>great music
>missions with different outcomes depending on what the player prefers playing like
>writing has punch to it and isn't just some cheesy pseudo shit ala Peace Walker

Before Kojima decided Punished Snake would just be a random Medic guy, there was hope the MGS series would end on a high note.

Attached: metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-pc-screenshot-066.jpg (3840x2160, 1.02M)

Settle down, kid, there's no shame in being called out and taking it. Just stop pretending.

Shut the fuck up you retard

See? All the complaining had nothing to do with the game, but with price. Your point?

>Before Kojima decided Punished Snake would just be a random Medic guy,
you could tell that was going to happen in GZ if you were paying really close attention, though

This. Dumbass zoomer.
>Played them all in 2014 right before it came out
Then you don't know shit fuck off.

Is a fucking tech demo..

I might be a brainlet, but where in the tapes is Paz being raped? I've listened to them and the closest there is are what sounds like her being beaten. Was she actually raped? Or did Kojima just say she was for shock value same as the whole child solder thing?

It's more of a confined sandbox.

>Yea Forums suddenly loves Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, a Hideo Kojima game
what happened?

Are you illiterate or genuinely retarded?

Answer the question, tranny.

>you are no true metal gear fan if you enjoyed GZ/TPP
>even though the actual gameplay is by a mile the best the series has ever had
What's the problem with a series you like actually improving in a modern sequel? I get that some people are mad about the plot but the plot in this series hasn't mattered since 4. GZ is good as a sequel to PW anyways. And the plot is at least unobtrusive, it doesn't subject you to hours upon hours of bad plot like 4 does.

GZ was absolute kino. The animations are so smooth. I love how tactical the game made you feel. The way BB transitions from crouching to prone, how he fights, how he takes cover. Really made you feel like a legendary operator.

>EVerything from start to finish was perfect.
>Gameplay, soundtrack, story, cutscenes. It was Kojima's greatest work.
This board just gets increasingly retarded everyday. What's even more perplexing in people claiming this shit are often the same exact people incessantly bellyaching about TPP when they're literally part of the same game

Attached: 1562217212573.png (553x548, 358K)

I liked that it was actually pretty difficult. It's like everyone is on top of you at all times, someone unmarked could sneak up on you from any direction, and they all have really good vision. At first I tried turning off markers thinking they were casual shit, big mistake on my part.
TPP was made infinitely easier.

You know the real best thing about GZ? No fulton system. You want to extract that character, you need to sneak them out and call a helicopter outside the base. The "Eliminate the Renegade Threat" mission in GZ isn't possible in TPP.

Honestly I thought this mechanic would be bigger in TPP, like each soldier would matter more because you had to carry them all the way to your copter, like in Portable Ops where you had to drag each soldier back to your truck. Instead you get to carry virtually infinite fultons.

TPP also had some extraction without fulton, but they were such a drag.
>GZ
>extract Paz
>constant tense due to confined area with guards everywhere and having to go through entire level to get to helicopter
>TPP
>get to the target
>sneak for a minute or less to leave the outpost in any direction
>fucking sprint through 1 km of empty desert to the landing point, infinite stamina fuck year

based

so both