A soldier needs to be strong in spirit, body...

>A soldier needs to be strong in spirit, body, and technique - and the only thing you can learn from someone else is technique.
>In fact, technique doesn't even matter. What's most important is spirit.
>Spirit and body are like two sides of a single coin. They're the same thing.

Was she right?

Attached: 1c3dcbdec57515dae931cd0f0355426e.jpg (418x300, 17K)

>Literal SJW character
>Yea Forums is alright with this

>A soldier needs 3 things but you can only learn one of them from another person
>Actually that doesn't even matter, what's most important is the first thing
>However, the first and second thing are the same, so I guess you only need one thing
Why was this retard revered by Zero and the other patriots? It doesn't make any sense.

maybe it's one of those things that makes more sense in Japanese

>Space, matter, energy, time
>actually space and time are the same thing
>actually energy and matter are the same thing
>actually they are all the same thing

Why do people respect einstein again?

she's a war hero you dick

the whole series doesnt make sense

underrated

name a single female soldier IRL that has been near to be the status of this character

all is part of the same universe yadda yadda

that doesnt mean they arent different parts

people just go full retard

>Kojima will never make an MGS 6 starring the Boss and the Cobras retaking WW2 Europe

>Wearing civilian dresses behind enemy lines will never be a stealth mechanic

Attached: 1338749391011.jpg (420x481, 39K)

name a single male soldier that's near the status of either snake or the Boss

just a walk over any heroes memorial is full of them

Sounds lame 2bh

Gimme MGS6 starring Raiden's son as Raiden Jr

Except she's not, ResetEra. She was handled extremely well in 3.

he was kicked out of the series, so you can expect more zombies and related shit in it if konami keep shitting more of it

he means that it was a she, when we all know female soldiers are totally under the radar and not praised at all

Interestingly, this is typical of Asian war culture (and Asian culture in general).
Notice how different Boss is from the typical American Commander as portrayed in Western film and literature?

Asian culture
>Power comes from within
>Wisdom is better than intelligence
>The self is more important than your tools
Western culture
>Power comes from your weapons
>New solutions are always better than old solutions
>Any obstacle can be overcome with technology

This is why Asian heroes are spiritually strong, highly disciplined, and often use "chi" as a weapon, such as in DBZ and Avatar, etc.
Military training in Asian nations is 90% physical discipline & espirit du corps, and 10% everything else. Victory stems from enthusiasm (or at least China/Korea etc would tell you. This is also why South Korean spec ops are suicidal maniacs).

Boss exemplifies these features; she eschews technology (only using a gun to destroy the American drone at the start of chapter 2), and her whole theme is about personal discipline. She's a legendary commander written through the cultural lens of Kojima, a Japanese war nerd.

Attached: asians.jpg (1200x800, 212K)

Literally none of them have done a fraction of what the snakes or the boss did

Now consider John McClane, the most classic American action hero of all time. He's not a military commander, but he might as well be because their personalities in fiction are often the same.

In the classic American way, he's gruff, and smart, but his power stems from his tools. American heroes are at their weakest when they're disarmed, and they become powerful when they find a machine gun (ho ho ho). Rambo follows the same arc; he's at the mercy of his antagonist until he finds an M60.

This arc is also repeated in ACTUAL American history, which is probably where it got its roots. All great American cultural achievements are rooted in technology (the revolver, the car, the aircraft carrier, the atom bomb, the moon landing) and the power of all Western characters is rooted in the tools they have at their disposal.

If the Boss was written by a Western author, he'd say some shit like
>"A soldier needs to be strong in spirit, body, and technique - but nothing beats a good gun at your side, kid."

Attached: john-mcclane-die-hard.jpg (1800x1012, 64K)

were you expecting a soldier to fund a new nation? cause that totally has happened too in the old days

None, but I always thought that was kind of the point.

Kojima knew his perfect soldier waifu would never exist, so he created her. It's definitely an unrealistic depiction, but so is the Metal Gears and John's superhuman strength even under the pretext of ideal genes.

Attached: DP-14201-005.jpg (3185x4000, 2.46M)

Once you understand this pattern - that Asian cultures value *intrinsic* qualities, and Western cultures value *extrinsic* qualities - TONS of things start to make sense, from the way fiction is written, to the way businesses behave, to the products they create, to the way they conduct war. It's really weird.

Attached: George_S._Patton_33.jpg (919x615, 269K)

>muh spirituality
>muh asian mysticism

meanwhile in reality, Asian bugmen are nothing but drones with a victimization fetish (see salarymen socially humiliating themselves when a company makes a mistake even if it's not their fault).

Westerners know that no matter how hard you try, our bodies have limitations, why the fuck would you not rely on technology which is capable of doing this better and easier for us?

If what you're saying is true, it only makes it even sadder.

So you're saying if we get cybernetic implants at some point, then the orient will be the first to speak out against it?

all cultures advanced based on the technology they developed. The Chinese won't stop bragging about fireworks and paper.
Also, spirituality is very much a huge concept in American culture. you're wrong, bud.

...No? I'm not saying that at all. This tonal difference has more to do with the motivations behind behaviors than the consequences for them.

i.e. Westerners may be more likely to admire cybernetics for practical and social purposes, while Asians may be more likely to admire cybernetics because they will be an extension of the intrinsic self.

>culture is stupid instead of interesting
you are a boring person

When did I say culture was stupid? What the fuck does being boring even matter here?I rather be boring and alive than accepting of whatever psychological placebo you're trying to peddle and dead.

>all cultures advanced based on the technology they developed.
tautology, and also not what I'm talking about
>The Chinese won't stop bragging about fireworks and paper.
never said they didn't
>Also, spirituality is very much a huge concept in American culture
never said it wasn't

To boil it down:
>Asian heroes have power that stems from their spirit
>Western heroes have power that stems from their ability to use tools
and virtually all media reflects these trends.

The fact you used John McClane instead of any actual soldier, let alone a nonfictional one, undercuts everything you said to a tremendous degree.

I'm literally talking exclusively about fictional heroes, you dumb fuck

Man, I hear her voice so clearly. I haven't even played any of these games, just watched TetraNinja's playthroughs so many times that it's ingrained.

But he's not a soldier at all. He even fights alone. That's a terrible pick. Even if fighting totally alone is acceptable, your argument is still destroyed by Arnie in both Predator and Commando.

if the game came out today they would still shit on it because shes not a nigger / mudslime

its not a SJW character until the media shits on it for not being faggy enough

I don't know why you're nitpicking this completely unimportant aspect of my post. In a fictional setting, John McClane is functionally identical to Rambo or any military character portrayed by Arnold. Whether or not their characters are in fact military men is utterly unimportant for the point I'm making.
and the
>fighting totally alone
bit is literally exactly what The Boss does for the entirety of MGS3. I have no idea what you're on about.

the overemphasis of esprit de corps and all that only happen when there's no innovation