Please take a break from your regularly scheduled roster faggotry and waifu cock suckery and discuss this game as I...

Please take a break from your regularly scheduled roster faggotry and waifu cock suckery and discuss this game as I happen to enjoy it quite a lot.

Attached: Age-of-Wonders-Planetfall-guides-and-features-hub.jpg (639x361, 50K)

How does it compare to AoW3?
If it's just a reskin, I won't be amused and what's the end game like? Just rushing rank 5s?

give me 2 reasons why i should play this game over any other scifi 4x

i tried it, it was boring and soulless

I heard there’s character creation in this, is it any good? Are there any role play elements accompanying it, or is it only really cosmetic?

It's quite different from AoW3 on the campaign map, where you have to annex "sectors" with various yields. The combat is mostly the same but with ranged being much more powerful. I think the most important change is that unlike AoW3 where lower tier units became worthless after 5 turns, with the unit mod system even tier 1's can be useful all the way up to the late game. Have to vary up your army more than just rolling out the tier 4's and winning. Aircraft are a little bullshit though.

A. It's comfy
B. I think the combat is excellent
C. It's pretty deep without requiring overwhelming levels of crippling autism to understand

Attached: 1563816041403.jpg (903x1024, 484K)

there is character creation but it's just cosmetic. There are kind of sorta some roleplaying in game, where you can side with neutral alien factions or not but that is probably it as far as roleplaying goes, aside from going Promethean spec (imperium of man) and wiping out the xenos and that sort of thing.

All aow games just make me nostalgic for 1

is it good?

Yes it is the best new strategy game I've played this year. I haven't played online yet however, I'm not sure I'm ready to get repeatedly ass fucked yet.

bit of a brainlet here, could someone explain to me the sector exploit system? how do I tap into those bonuses? Gotta research the appropriate resource tech then build the right building there right?

I don't like the how the combat isn't on the map and how long it takes. It splits up the experience too much. Also its world is cold and uninteresting unlike comfy 4X games like Civ. Mechanically it seems very competent though, but it didn't resonate with me.

How much did you actually play it

Played a couple of hours in the campaign so not very much. Didn't really "drop" it either but I just haven't felt like continuing.

quicksave before every fight and autobattle if the enemy is less then 75% of your strength. if you lose a unit, reload and do it manually

Yeah you have it right. For example if I build a food sector on fertile plains I won't get the food bonus until I research fertile plains exploitation and then build the exploitation in the town itself.

If that's how you do it, I really don't think it's a good system. It would be better if autobattle was only available when it was guaranteed but that the guarantee cutoff would be increased a bit.

A lot of quality of life upgrades. The setting is fresh and great compared to generic fantasy that provides a lot of cool combat stuff. You have so many devices and different units that work in a new way.
Gameplay is resource management for upgrading your old shit instead of making new shit. You have several routes for upgrades (faction, tech, neutral factions - god replacement). All the upgrades cost a rare resource so the only spammable stuff is unupgraded.
It takes ages to reach and produce endgame units, they are mostly mega support or some global map gimmick units rather than units for spam.

Yes.

Well, that's one genre of vidya that west can still make.
An absolute blast to play, didn't expect it to be this good.