youtube.com/watch?v=BUe9w6B0NYo
youtube.com/watch?v=FifGMifUfW8
youtube.com/watch?v=zC0Gt5HRvM4
youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4
imgur.com/a/Z2JlsV7
twitter.com/AnonBabble

skyward sword
luckily botw rectified their mistakes

Attached: 1542124888932.png (416x319, 71K)

skyward sword was lightyears better than twatlight princess, god what a chore TWATlight princess was, i fell asleep playing it

and i never finished it because it's so boring

What makes people hate TP? Seems like a pretty solid pure Zelda game.

b8

It takes Yea Forums six hours to beat the intro.

Skyward Sword killed the series and then BOTW shit on it's grave with it's garbage samey content.

Twilight Princess is a shit stain on Zeldas legacy

Absolutely nothing whatsoever.

They listen to their fans

Attached: B7F17827-62A9-44F2-942C-F00904E4DE01.png (184x274, 75K)

seething

twatlight princess is by far the worst zelda there is, and i played it on release date, i have it on the wii

i've been emulating the hd release and even hero mode is easy

That's not a criticism

Best to worst, the only correct order:

>Wind Waker
>Breath of the Wild
>Skyward Sword
>Twilight Princess

Buttburt pedo wolf fursona copers incoming...

skyward sword is the only one that is a bad game.

Playing BOTW while baked was one of my favorite gaming experiences of all time.

Sober, I'd personally give it a 6/10.

Attached: 5es6lrwt9rn21.jpg (720x719, 69K)

Issues with increased linearity and overbearing tutorials were drowned out by other, pettier complaints, mostly about the artstyle being too cartoony, then too dark, until they settled on a kind of boring happy-medium artstyle. It wasn't until SS that "the game is too handholdy" was the biggest complaint to reach Nintendo's ears, and they reacted accordingly with ALBW and BOTW, but kept the artstyle in line with SS because they feel like it's a problem they've "solved" by not getting any major backlash to it.

The fanbase are idiots. Especially the Zelda fanbase. The series hasn't been equally pleased since OoT.

>skyward sword is the only one that is a bad game.

Attached: cope.png (419x209, 49K)

i dont care what some green number says.

oh you want some indepth criticism, i'll give you indepth criticism (ask your mom she knows)

1. the game is way too easy, even hero mode
2. the music is uninspired
3. the art style is inconsistent and ugly
4. the wolf parts are neither challenging nor necessary, it's useless padding
5. the puzzles are basic and easy
6. midna is a total cunt
7. the game has too many interruptions, you spend more time getting out of dialogues than browsing a store's goods

SEETHING

SS had some good things like Sandsea, Ancient Cistern, and time stones mechanic. Skyloft was okay I guess.

The TP and SS can fuck off, but if you don't like WW and BotW you have shitty taste.

Literally NONE of that is objective. You just come off as a whiney entitled faggot.

cope

I dislike TP too, but a lot of your points are true for every Zelda. Especially 1/4/5, and 3 applies even moreso for SS. I've hated TP's artstyle since release, but goddamn, SS's makes it look fine in comparison

>even thinking about WW when Minish Cap exists
off yourself

>6. midna is a total cunt
lmao user couldn't handle a fictional character

name one better theme

youtube.com/watch?v=QEbFLSfHqQ8

you can't because SS is a great game

WW has the unfinished stigma to it, which many people fall back on when the game is criticized.

>WW has the unfinished stigma to it
And the poor dungeons and pacing.

Attached: riju.png (1700x2100, 1M)

I liked the Wind Temple at least. I think WW is some folks favorite because the Characters and story are pretty alright. Some people feel traveling along the sea gives the best sense of adventure in the series because of the music. That's just what I assume anyway.

I want to be dominated by a gerudo

I honestly can't see how someone could prefer any of these games over OoT or MM. And I say this as someone who genuinely liked WW, BotW and TP( to some extent).

They're all inferior to Spirit Tracks which still has the best Zelda whom also doubles as the best companion Link's ever had.

Attached: 1480899355768.gif (500x300, 835K)

Midna is better.

skyward sword is much better than Yea Forums makes it out to be. consolefags on Yea Forums are too fat to into motion controls. SS is the best motioncontrol-heavy game to come out on wii and its not a shooter or minigame party. the running/climbing mechanics that were built off of to make BOTW made more sense in SS. zelda shouldn't be an open world shitfest, it should be more like SS just with more areas and less backtracking.

all that said the water/forest swimming mission nearly made me drop zelda games forever. SS is heavily flawed in a lot of ways but the motion controls are the least of it's problems.

This. For fuck’s sake it cannot be understated how much this shit has ruined Zelda. I fucking hate Aonuma for caving in to fan demands.

ST has arguably the best Zelda, but that's all it has really going for it. Oh, and some of the music and puzzles are pretty good.

Playing MM for the first time and having to do everything you already did all over again was very frustrating.

>1. the game is way too easy, even hero mode
valid complaint
>2. the music is uninspired
that's subjective as fuck
>3. the art style is inconsistent and ugly
subjective
>4. the wolf parts are neither challenging nor necessary, it's useless padding
objective complaint
>5. the puzzles are basic and easy
subjective as fuck
>6. midna is a total cunt
subjective
>7. the game has too many interruptions, you spend more time getting out of dialogues than browsing a store's goods
subjective as fuck

Attached: 74574568956.jpg (700x913, 109K)

Windwaker killed the series and it never recovered afterward, it only got worse with each additional entry

The fanbase of the series is shit. Because they want this thing, then complain that's it's too different or not different enough. And this has continued since the WW days. I don't see what they could do at this point because the fanbase is competent unpleasable. People blame OoT as the root of the problem, but the whole situation is just shit.

your mom's subjective too

Not by a long shot is that insufferable bitch better. I'd rather have fucking Navi.

Yes, she is subjective, some people like her and some don't, whereas your mom is objectively a whore.

But Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Breath of the Wild are fantastic.

If X Zelda game killed the series, then why does it seem still appreciated by the fanbase as a whole? The only game in the series people generally agree was a disappointment was SS.

stop bullying

only poorfags who weren't able to buy a wii motion plus complain about SS

She is.

>Wind waker
Unfinished, should have been delayed, too easy.
>Twilight Princess
Unironically nothing, don't (you) me, too easy though.
>Skyward Sword
Glorified tech demo, overloaded with tutorials to the point of being insulting. At least it was somewhat challenging by nature of being so janky.
>BotW
Doing a mediocre job at a new formula and making all the same mistakes as other games in its genre. It feels more like a spinoff than a direction the series should go in, unless BotW improves on itself.

Or they experienced Red Steel 2 which did sword play x10 better.

Agree to disagree.

Attached: SI_Wii_RedSteel2_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 212K)

>arguably

SS zelda is a fucking moeblob damsel and BotW zelda is a cunt

Game sucked ass even when i had my motion control.

can i emulate this on dolphin with the wii motion plus?

>soul caliber ruined zelda
are you slow or just pretending to be retarded

He's talking about ST, though you're not off from the waifu part.

Nintendies just wanted soulless ubisoft shit so that's what they got with BotW

Alright, these are the only Zelda's I haven't played. My question is should I emulate or wait for a hd collection for switch?

Attached: 1564894361661.jpg (703x1025, 120K)

Emulate if you can't buy a GC for TP and WW. You gain more if you never ever play SS.

SS is one of the best zelda games

>WW
Great ending and a new beginning
>SS
Cute Zelda
>TP
Goblin waifu
>BoTW
Beautiful brown women

Attached: 195806.jpg (1280x720, 128K)

Do a google search because I wouldn't know. I can assure you that Red Steel 2 makes Skyward Sword's mechanics feel like a complete joke in comparison though. Shame we'll never get a 3 because nobody likes buying good games on the Wii.

Attached: rs2_screenshots_pack09_map07a_01_1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 751K)

play the song of double time

No More Heroes 3 gives me hope.

Im not going to buy a GC when i can emulate or play on switch.
Funny enough I usually find somethings I really enjoy in games people often say are the worst in the series. Maybe I should start with SS. Although i dont own wii controls the switch pro controller's gyro has served me pretty well for mario galaxy.

fpbp
Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both excellent games for their own reasons. I don't know why this and bases hate each other so much when they're both far better than Majora's Mask

Attached: 63776270_10158483672268294_712488620040126464_n.png.jpg (720x600, 67K)

fpbp

> I think WW is some folks favorite because the Characters and story are pretty alright. Some people feel traveling along the sea gives the best sense of adventure in the series because of the music.
Pretty much that for me. The game is pure comfy and I can overlook it's problems

nintendies turned zelda into a yearly cod tier title with the shitty botw game lmao

I haven't played SS but SS Zelda is undeniably the most fuckable.

Attached: images.jpeg-22.jpg (283x502, 11K)

Attached: 1565631940449.png (1653x2048, 1.47M)

BotW is the first game to surpass Zelda 1

botw was painfully mediocre with elements from good zelda games

Aonuma.
Of the four Twilight Princess is the closest to a proper Zelda game but it still suffers from being part of the Aonuma era.

This man is correct, SS is shit.

I love WW but it has some real issues, TP also felt underwhelming to me.

Most 3D Zelda games are brutally overrated. Zelda fans are just drolling normie retards that think they're better than the guys buying Uncharted 4 and marveling at them cinematic moments.

series went to shit after SS

>legoshit
disgusting

>midna is a total cunt

No she isn't, she is hot and flirty as fuck and I want to bang her the moment she comes on-screen and teases you out of the first prison as the wolf.

Attached: 1525313143323.jpg (1024x1024, 118K)

>it's another "botw zoomer pretends he's played zelda 1" episode

Attached: eyeroll.gif (252x252, 1019K)

Why would I play a game that's only content is to use the same 4 weapons the entire game and collect the same leaf people turds and samey shrines the entire game

doesn't even have unique looking dungeons either lmao

There's still a charm and love to them that I don't get from similar adventure games. Wind Waker stands out the most for this but Twilight Princess is underrated in this regard

>Wind Waker and Twilight Princess are both excellent games for their own reasons.
>Wind Waker
>Excellent
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>they're both far better than Majora's Mask
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

Attached: 1518733981727.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Catering to woman and children.

>I haven't played Zelda 1 so no one else has
Stop projecting retard

Well yes you see Majora's Mask is not actually a very good game. It's okay but only has four dungeons and major problems with its pacing thanks to the time system. Shit takes far longer than it should and quests feel unrewarding since you're constantly undoing them immediately after

1. the game is way too easy, even hero mode
Ok
2. the music is uninspired
Really?, I find it one of the best Zelda OST, it's really solid.
3. the art style is inconsistent and ugly
People will say this is subjective, but that game looks fucking ugly and hideous.
4. the wolf parts are neither challenging nor necessary, it's useless padding
true
5. the puzzles are basic and easy
eh, some are good.
6. midna is a total cunt
subjective
7. the game has too many interruptions, you spend more time getting out of dialogues than browsing a store's goods
I don't think this is true at all

boomers who played zelda 1 HATE your ubishit garbage with no dungeons, zoomer.

Attached: ubisoftbotw2.png (1000x679, 215K)

You guys are all retards. All Zelda games are good except for the CD-i games, but those don't even count.

God awful taste

Attached: 921488 - Legend_of_Zelda Princess_Zelda Skyward_Sword legoman.jpg (938x850, 103K)

No I would not call Skyward Sword a good game by any stretch

Is your brain just a soup of buzzwords? Why would I care about what boomers think? It's my opinion.

Making LoZ 3d in the first place.

Attached: XY4bZBe.jpg (973x357, 101K)

Most Zelda games are 8/10 quality. Some people just like to spout hyperbole when one Zelda game doesn't exactly match up to what they wanted. Meanwhile, it in may more peoples Top favorites in the franchise.

. the art style is inconsistent and ugly
>subjective
That's objective tp looks like shit. couldn't play more than 20 minutes of that garbage

Attached: tpugly.jpg (898x781, 136K)

I wish BOTW had actual replay value tho

>It only has four Dungeons
And all of them are great, only the first it's ok and still is a very good starting dungeon.
>major problems with its pacing thanks to the time system
I never had problems with the time system, if you slow down the time, you have ore than enought time to do a dungeon and sidequest
>Shit takes far longer than it should and quests feel unrewarding since you're constantly undoing them immediately after
That's part of the point of the game?
I like TP it has some very good dungeons but WW is an unfinished boring mess.

Literally enjoy all of them more than Majoras Mask. Except for SS.

No Zelda game has replay value. You mostly just do the exact same thing in the same order in nearly every Zelda game.

>liking sameface cuckshit
faggot

>That's objective
Subjective.

Nintendo listened to their autistic part of the fanbase, thats what went wrong. Shouldve just done what theyve wanted and let them just accept the games for what they were, worked great until majoras mask/windwanker

the fact that shit taste bad is objective, because even though it depends on taste,literally no one likes taste of shit

GHOST BLOW JOB CHOO CHOO

Series collapsed

>faggot
>implying breeding another guys girl isn't the exact opposite.

>literally no one likes taste of shit
Some of the anons here no doubt like SS.

>And all of them are great, only the first it's ok and still is a very good starting dungeon.
Woodfall is mediocre. Snowhead is okay. Great Bay is god awful maybe the worst in the series. Stone Tower is good but not in my top five. That's not good enough to make up for the lack of quantity in the dungeons.
>I never had problems with the time system, if you slow down the time, you have ore than enought time to do a dungeon and sidequest
I know but its still draws out shit for the sake of hiding how thin the game is with the short development time
>That's part of the point of the game?
Yes the game is a neat little experiment but that's all it is. It doesn't belong alongside the more properly fleshed-out Zeldas in terms of its Legacy.
>I like TP it has some very good dungeons but WW is an unfinished boring mess.
Wind Waker has many of the same problems Majora does but it presents itself far far better with a world I actually enjoy exploring and characters I actually care about with a story that feels like it has real consequence to it. (As a general rule I hate time travel as a story mechanic but that's just a personal bias)

I hope there will be a remaster of skyward sword with optional motion control in 2021 with its 10th anniversary

>Twilight princess
>EZ
It had the hardest puzzels of any game in the series.

Based

Attached: 1564525805343.jpg (854x1200, 180K)

Attached: 222.png (1920x1080, 2.41M)

>Woodfall is mediocre
It's not
>Great Bay is god awful maybe the worst in the series
Great Bay it's one of the best dungeons in the game, it;s one of those dungeons that feels like an acual place instead of just a bunch of random rooms with induvidual puzzles. The only bad thing about the dungeon it's the boss.

And even like that it's a lot better than Wind Waker dungeons. that are absolutely horrible and easy with the exception of maybe 2.
Even with the short development time the game feels cohesive and finished, with only some sections feeling like actual padding that don't aport much to the story and the lore of Termina.
>but it presents itself far far better with a world I actually enjoy exploring and characters I actually care about with a story that feels like it has real consequence to it.
I really hope you are talking about MM here because the world of wind waker it's one of the worst aspects of the game.

Attached: 111.jpg (1920x1080, 2.43M)

>based
>based
>cringe
>based
?

baby doesn't like complicated games

I can see all that pot made you retarded while sober.

>Great Bay it's one of the best dungeons in the game,
Great Bay is the primary reason I'm unlikely to ever do a full replay again. Not just the dungeon but that whole terrible segment.

>And even like that it's a lot better than Wind Waker dungeons. that are absolutely horrible and easy with the exception of maybe 2.
There are about even in my book and I'd probably take Wind Waker if I was forced to choose thanks to the Tower of the Gods and the Wind Temple. The game doesn't have any dungeons I despise unlike Majora's Mask with Great Bay.

>I really hope you are talking about MM here because the world of wind waker it's one of the worst aspects of the game.
No I'm absolutely talking about majora. Termina is an uninteresting hellhole for the most part. You don't feel the world change or develop because of the constant time resets, link fucks off at the end of the game as if he never visited in the first place, and it's never referenced again to contribute to the Zelda lore in any meaningful way

>3D Zelda
>Complicated
Zelda 2 is the closest the series ever was to "complicated."

I can replay MM, OOT and TP (despite the long beginning) and enjoy it every time. Not the case with BOTW

Breath of the wild as in unique game and that its strongest aspect is its sense of the unknown and once it loses that it can't ever get it back

>Not just the dungeon but that whole terrible segment
The pinnacle rock part was tedious but the gerudo part was fun, also you don't have the right to complaint about that whe the Triforce hunt exist which is longer and just plain unbearable.

>Termina is an uninteresting hellhole for the most part
Stopped here, even people that don't like Majora's Mask agree that the more fleshed out of the game it's the world, characters, story and side quest which are really interesting and organic. You are just trying too hard here or completely missed the entire point and what the game was going for.

Attached: 3f2.jpg (600x623, 68K)

Whether or not *you* find it ugly is SUBJECTIVE.
It is OBJECTIVELY not inconsistent, though.

>the gerudo part was fun,
No it wasn't. Stealth in Zelda sucks in the best thing Wind Waker did was to at least be nice enough to have it be the first thing you do so it's never seen again afterward.
>Also you don't have the right to complaint about that whe the Triforce hunt exist which is longer and just plain unbearable.
The Triforce Hunt is a casual filter. The game's main problem is not telling you about it as early as it should. If you go into the game knowing what you need it barely takes any extra time at all as you naturally pass by most of the shards on a casual run through the game and can start saving your rupees ahead of time. Nothing alleviates how shitty Great Bay is?

>Stopped here, even people that don't like Majora's Mask agree that the more fleshed out of the game it's the world, characters, story and side quest which are really interesting and organic.
What does your desperate appeal to the majority have to do with me? It does have some interesting ideas but I'm calling it out on poor execution

ALBW is pretty replayable in my opinion. To a lesser extent ALTTP since they're pretty similar, and I imagine LA is too

>MMfag runs away the moment someone makes a point against the official narrative
This is why I hate that fanbase and this is why I'll start these fights whenever I get the chance

I didn't run away, I just didn't see the point of wasting my time disscusing with someone with such shit taste and biased opinions

Zangeki No Reginleiv is still the zenith of wii motion controls

Attached: Freya_sword.webm (800x450, 2.85M)

I admitted my biases such as my dislike for time travel stories, but I gave my reasons for all of them. You haven't answered a single of the problems I raised about termina and I haven't even fully listed them. The most severe problem with it is how segmented it is with barely any points of travel between the regions making them feel more like a bunch of levels than a singular world more than a Zelda game. The reason termina is seen as deep and interesting is because the game has some admittedly absolutely phenomenal writing but the way the game is designed around that writing does not back it up. The game's strongest emotional moment, the wedding Quest between Kafei and Anju, is rewarded with possibly the least useful mask in the game, and hampered by the fact that the quest has to be done twice to get all the rewards it can offer.

Bros, I kinda like most of the 3D Zelda games. SS was pretty disappointing but all the other 3D ones I enjoy. What does that make me?

Rational

Red Sterl 2's problem was the fact that it was a literal sequel in name only to an overhyped and mediocre at best launch title. It should have been a new title without the Red Steel name bogging it down. I say this as someone who unironically liked the first game's gunplay and was disgusted by the sequel completely discarding it.

Yes. Get a dolphinbar.

Nah, but it's the first 3D game in the series to come close. LoZ just winds up being more replayable.

I really don't know how people can still look at Zelda 1 and think it's the best

I find it easy to just jump into and play through however I want with no bullshit attached. Just exploring the world and going through dungeons that are more about being actual dungeons rather than playgrounds with blocks.

Don't remember the gunplay in 1 being all the impressive. Honestly I'm glad with the direct 2 went melding the two together.

In the lead up to BotW? Lots. The decision to go overly cartoony turned lots of people off because they viewed Zelda as one of the more serious franchise from Nintendo. It's overly hand holdy nature and horrible second half turned off the ones that stuck around. TP went too much overly in the opposite direction to please the first crowd, but still didn't fix the overall problems that plagued WW, turning the game into an overall bore, with too much land that didn't amount to anything and sitting through mountains of story before the game actually began and then being interrupted after every dungeon to play baby sitter. Then we have SS, probably one of the worst games to come out, somehow even worse then WW in it's puzzles and not because they were hand holdy, but because some of them just weren't fun to do. Throwing water at lava using motion controls, constant time shifting and every enemy having to be a puzzle because motion sword just put it into unplayable after the first time. Not to mention bringing back some of the worst Zelda items for no real reason. Who has fucking nostalgia for the Slingshot?

BotW throwing everything that defined Zelda in the past was probably the best idea they have had. Back to basics, you, lost in a world and figuring out your way around. Hopefully 2 fleshes all of that out, instead of retreating to familiar territory.

1 had mechanics like disarming your opponents with your guns and convincing them to surrender. That plus nearly every surface being at least cosmetically destructible helped make the guns themselves feel powerful. 2 just kinda threw all that out the window and made guns completely trivial in lieu of the focus on swordfighting.

Yeah we got it the first time you said twatlight there, Jimmy Two Times

Nintendo should really just keep Zelda more"back to the basics"

>good game
>good game, has a bad/slow beginning
>good game, bad forced controls
>good game, no variety in dungeons

This thread is just another reminder of the problem with the Majora's Mask fan base. The game gets elevated to a pedestal doesn't deserve thanks to some well-made YouTube videos and as a result you have the one Zelda fan base that absolutely does not know how to take criticism or think outside the box of pre-established points.

Right, it's all coming back now. Yeah that was good. I wouldn't call guns in 2 trivial compared to the sword play though because some guns like the shotgun were just busted, especially with upgrades and a skill known as The Shot.

>Not to mention bringing back some of the worst Zelda items for no real reason. Who has fucking nostalgia for the Slingshot?
Matthewmatosis makes the very good argument that it's an excuse to get players used to the aiming mechanics very early in the game

Some of the SS puzzles were actually pretty neat, especially the ones involving timeshift stones

While I found BoTW fun I do think it needed more time before releasing. Too many samey Shrines and enemies does get tiring. Hopefully BoTW2 addresses the shortcomings of the first one to give us a better experience.

Attached: BoTW_Riju.png (710x639, 476K)

>Wind Waker wanted to attempt a soft reboot, putting Hyrule to rest
>Fans cry about the artstyle, plans foiled
>Twilight Princess comes as a result of fans wanting another Ocarina of Time and literally got what they asked for down to the useless items and stiff movements
>Skyward Sword tries to utilize the Wii's controls
>Comes out awkward on top of the game itself being very barren, simplified and holding the player's hand every moment it could
>Breath of the Wild attempts Wind Waker's reboot, to some varying results
Short version, Wind Waker deserved better and more dev time, Twilight Princess should have never happened, Skyward Sword can stay in the trash and BotW is setting up a new status quo for Zelda.

Attached: 1562437530259.png (1804x1080, 840K)

The shrines are designed assuming that's a player isn't going to see them all on a single playthrough so it wants to make sure that most people will experience at least one of every type of shrine

Saying Twilight Princess should not have happened is excessive. The demand for a game like it would have persisted until it was made and it's still very very good for what it is

Attached: 1564937841226.jpg (564x5696, 1.01M)

I don't feel like writing a fucking essay on Majora's Mask since I have more important things to do but here I go.

>The most severe problem with it is how segmented it is with barely any points of travel between the regions
This is a really subjective complaint, but this applies for the majority of Zelda games with only a few exceptions.
> The reason termina is seen as deep and interesting is because the game has some admittedly absolutely phenomenal writing but the way the game is designed around that writing does not back it up
The gameplay does it back it up, Termina is a fucked up place that cannot be fixed by Link not matter how much he tries, they almost outhright tell you this in the game when you defeat the King of Ikana and you can see it everywhere in the game. They way the dekus handle the suddenly disappearance of the princess, how darmani failed to his people and they are basically doomed but they still have hope, Mikau dying leaving behind Lulu and their children, and don't even get me started on Ikana. All the people on Termina know that they are probably going to die, but still they can't do nothing about it so they preffer to cling for hope, and this is done extremelly well in the game, the atmosphere of the final hours and the dialogue of the characters it's not something you easily forget, the whole game it's full of small details and secrets that makes the story, the characters and the interactions with them better, very emotional, organic and feel real it's a feeling and approach that I have NEVER seen in another Zelda games, and only in a few other games I have played, the 3 day and time travel machanic only does ot better because it makes you feel the urge and the tension that the characters in the game must be feeling, the time travel makes you feel isolated and hopeless because you know that if you don't do something quickly the world is going to end and that is something that only you get to know.

>well intentioned, could've turned out good but wa unfinished
>actually good Zelda that stuck to the basics
>well intentioned but mixed execution of so-so ideas
>well intentioned shakeup that broke some stuff that didn't need fixing in the process

What went "wrong", it seems, is that there were some misses among the hits across franchise experimentation. Makes sense, never know if something's gonna work until you try it.

>stiff movements
Maybe it's because I'm more used to the HD version now but I don't recall that much of TP having stiff controls other than horseback riding, everything else felt fucking great, especially with a Pro Controller

Source on that picture?

How did he feel about BotW?

>This is a really subjective complaint, but this applies for the majority of Zelda games with only a few exceptions.
It's far more applicable to Majora's Mask than any of them. The field is literally in the shape of a cross with one region in each cardinal direction, each blocked off until you get a certain item in your quest

>Termina is a fucked up place that cannot be fixed by Link not matter how much he tries
The credit show that most of its problems are fixed like it's no big deal. Everything you talk about there is stuff that set up very well but doesn't get a real payoff. You stopp the moon a big rainbow, shows up in the sky, everybody cheers and that's the end of the game.

>All the people on Termina know that they are probably going to die
That's really just the people of Clock Town, the other regions don't even acknowledge the Moon

>I have NEVER seen in another Zelda games
I feel just as strongly about the characters in Wind Waker but that actually leads to something through the ending of the game and its two sequels. Nothing in Majora's Mask is of any importance to Twilight Princess. It's so irrelevant that fans legitimately speculate that the whole thing was a dream. That's about the greatest condemnation of the story there is.

>the time travel makes you feel isolated and hopeless because you know that if you don't do something quickly the world is going to end and that is something that only you get to know.
I see it as the total opposite, the time travel makes me feel invincible. What threat is the moon when there's no realistic situation where you won't be able to play the song of time before it hits?

He did a video on and I remember him mostly liking it

Majora's Mask is a game thats all about feeling, atmosphere, story and characters. It may not have the best dungeons in the entire series (but I think that the Snow Peak and Stone Tower really are), but they are well thought and put together. It may have some sections that are tedious, but they only try to expand on the story even more. It may be short and could definetly benefit from being longer, but in it's short time still manages to be unforgetabble and shocking.

Sorry if I made any mistakes English it's not my first language and I tried to write this as quickly as possible

Wolf form fucking blows.

Okay, this is an honest and fair assessment. What I don't like is the idea that it's flawless and that wind waker and Twilight Princess were the ones that came around and ruined the series when they do a lot of things better than Majora's Mask did, even if they fall short in other areas.

>Meru
>actually cropping in Riju's messy diaper

I really like Majora's Mask but it's always sorta bothered me that the game never really encourages you to multitask. The idea of planning out an entire cycle on the fly seems really neat but it's so easy to just do one thing per cycle and spam song of double time to skip to the time you need.

The credit show Happy Endings for all the side quests you completed regardless of if you did them in a single cycle

What I would have done is have the credits only show conclusions for what you did in the most recent three days as a way to pressure the player to do as much shit as they can before fighting Majora's Mask

This was the best thing about TP.

Attached: snow.jpg (1200x750, 97K)

People wanted a gritty Zelda and got one of the ugliest Zelda titles ever made. It was already aged a year into release. Majora did the 'dark' Zelda much better. Ocarina did the 'dark' elements better and how fitting considering what Twilight was aping.

Coming off Wind Waker, Twilight was a little stiff and subdued. Wind Waker's controls are the best a 3D Zelda offered and very responsive in combat and overall movement.

Everything after the master sword is excellent. That's why I keep a save file that starts at midna's Lament

That'd be a nice touch, but I'd prefer something that forces you to plan a bit more throughout the whole game, like some kind of nerf to double time or making it so you keep less when going back. But both of those would probably just make the game way more frustrating so I'm not sure.

Wrong. So fucking wrong. Outside the boss battle the mansion blew chunks. Only good dungeon was City in the Sky; shame its boss battle outright sucks.

I really like the visuals in Twilight Princess, especially in HD

>Twilight was a little stiff and subdued. Wind Waker's controls are the best a 3D Zelda offered and very responsive in combat and overall movement.

I think the feel of the controls makes perfect sense for the two respective links that are featured

Attached: 4c1.jpg (1280x1132, 182K)

>I think the feel of the controls makes perfect sense for the two respective links that are featured
...I concede. You just brought up a good point relating to both games.

Attached: wakatta.png (286x268, 182K)

Come to think of it. I kinda miss the horror elements of Zelda games, bottom of the Well, Shadow temple room, Graveyard etc

Attached: blo.jpg (500x375, 64K)

>game is easy
>puzzles are basic and easy

so its a traditional zelda game

This is the one thing I'm really looking forward to breath of the wild 2 bringing back

TP is the best for combat because it had finishing blow

prove me wrong

Twilight p is anything but complicated. It goes to shit around snowpeak anyways.

TP was better than WW, fag.

Helm splitter is the patrician's choice of a hidden skill

BoTW Music is kinda underrated.

youtube.com/watch?v=R7iHLycHLic
youtube.com/watch?v=Nlg43w1aK8M
youtube.com/watch?v=SoHvr4wCY0o
youtube.com/watch?v=4k6kDII2-Yw
youtube.com/watch?v=U_ba1XNlrOg
youtube.com/watch?v=BUe9w6B0NYo
youtube.com/watch?v=FifGMifUfW8
youtube.com/watch?v=zC0Gt5HRvM4
youtube.com/watch?v=MgK_OfW7nl4

finishing blow meant you didnt have to wait for the enemy to get back on his feet and have I-frames

Not him but Twilight Princess has a problem of being exhausting in a way that wind waker is not. Both have issues with pacing but Wind Waker is so pleasant with its presentation that it doesn't wear on you the way the grittier more intense Twilight Princess does. I love both games but I can do Wind Waker in pretty much a single sitting while Twilight Princess always forces me to stop playing the game for a few days just to mentally recover from stuff like the wolf segments.

Most enemies never gave you a chance to use it. At least in my experience they always die the first time they hit the ground

>Twilight Princess always forces me to stop playing the game for a few days just to mentally recover from stuff like the wolf segments.

sounds to me like youre a lil bitch

Exactly. For being the only T-Rated Zelda title, it really didn't have anything to warrant it. Not even a subtle undertone here or there and if there was, I didn't see it save for maybe the overall designs of some enemies. The Shadow Temple/Graveyard/Well is so well done with how it shows you directly and indirectly how fucked up Hyrule's Hierarchy was in the past.

what do you mean what went wrong? those are all great games other than SS which is kind of mediocre

>Any Zelda except the N64 games bad!
Play the 2D games, including Zelda II
Actually finish Wind Waker and Twilight Princess
Examine your opinions
Get a clue
Go outside
Have sex

Attached: 8d6.jpg (645x729, 48K)

Attached: Medli.png (519x569, 130K)

>Wind Waker
Too short, sailing was mostly pointless, needed those missing dungeons
>Twilight Princess
Too much forced Wolf Link, too much ow-the-edge, waggle controls on the Wii
>Skyward Sword
Too much backtracking, Fun Fun Island, flappy bird, connectivity issues with the Wiimote in high wireless device households
>Breath of the Wild
Weapons generally too weak in order to force usage of new weak weapons, too many shrines, too many fucking Korok seeds needed to expand weapon/shield capacity, no actual dungeons to spelunk, too great an emphasis on cooking mama, weak-ass boss fights even by Zelda standards.

Attached: sample-e8572f1db11d51ebc5631a77c2eff984.jpg?e=1565751863&m=XGxxgGhe_plqwTOxwcAa2A.jpg (608x1000, 117K)

I don't even hate the wolf as much as other people but the game as a whole can wear on your nerves

Any popular nsfw artist is always shit according to most anons on here....

Why do people still deny that Yea Forums is mostly contrarianism for its own sake hence why people can post images like the one in the OP and ask what went wrong as if Wind Waker Twilight Princess and breath of the wild don't all score in the mid-90s on Metacritic

I think the opposite myself, based on the HD remasters that is. TP HD felt smooth as butter other than the horseback riding, but WW HD feels a bit off at times, especially aiming items set to the face buttons with the right stick

Legoman has always been shit since it's always sameface, cuckshit left uncolored.

Attached: >legoman.jpg (83x125, 2K)

The padding before City in the Sky I remember being pretty awful in TP.

Wind Waker definitely tweaked the controls and hit detection.

>too much ow-the-edge
You never get that in TP.

Skyward Sword is one of the few games where I'm happy to see cuck shit art because of how bad that romance was

>Not even a subtle undertone here or there and if there was, I didn't see it save for maybe the overall designs of some enemies.
>he didn't Arbitor's Ground
Brainlet.

>It's far more applicable to Majora's Mask than any of them
It's not, when Skyward Sword world it's a thing.
And it may be segmented but there are a lot of thing you can do in the those segments and you can see they are each well designed. In wind Waker they slap a few relevant island in a whole sea of nothing and call it a day.

>The credit show that most of its problems are fixed like it's no big deal. Everything you talk about there is stuff that set up very well but doesn't get a real payoff. You stopp the moon a big rainbow, shows up in the sky, everybody cheers and that's the end of the game.
But they not?, that deku at the beginning of the game for example. And still they are just the credits, yes they could have done different cutscenes showing what you left behind undone and it would benefit from them but we can't know for sure if the N64 or the team was capable of doing that back in the day.

>That's really just the people of Clock Town, the other regions don't even acknowledge the Moon
The other regions have their own problems going on

>I feel just as strongly about the characters in Wind Waker but that actually leads to something through the ending of the game and its two sequels.
There are only a few characters in WW that you can say are really were taken advantage of outside The king of the red lions, Tetra/Zelda and Ganondorft, and none of those come even close as Anju and Kafei for example that are only side characters.
Also the game having direct sequels doesn't make it better (and phantom hourglass was boring as fuck dropped it after the second dungeon). They may expand on the story, but there is nothing to expand in Majora's Mask story when it's pretty much it's own thing and was already a direct sequel of OoT, that doesn't make it less good in my opinion

Whats going on in this image? Did she eat someone with her hair?

>I see it as the total opposite, the time travel makes me feel invincible. What threat is the moon when there's no realistic situation where you won't be able to play the song of time before it hits?
You are supposed to feel like a stranger in Termina, something that doesn't belong there, for me the time travel only expands on that, and losing your progress on sidequest as well as other things feels like a good threat to me without making the game unplayable.

I stated a lot of times that the game still has flaws in this tread. I never said that Wind Waker ruined the series, I still like Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword (Game that in my opinion doesn't get enought credit for the things that does right and people focus too much on the things that does wrong, that are a lot but still).

>I'm happy to see cuck shit
Cuck

There's always Arbiter's Grounds being a torture chamber and some body horror in the form of the Twilight creatures
It's a reason I really hope they bring Wind Waker HD to Switch someday along with Twilight Princess HD, since the Pro Controller has gyro I can just use that. I don't normally use gyro controls but I wouldn't mind using them for that game if they don't change the aiming

Please. The Colin scene where he's kidnapped and Link comes barreling out of no-where on horseback, teeth barred as though he's his fucking wolf form, chasing down Colin's kidnappers? Queen of the Zoras straight-up murdered? The entire dream sequence? Every interaction with Zant until his boss encounter?

TP didn't really give me a reason to replay it from the beginning and I replayed all the Zeldas I owned. It's literally been a decade.

imgur.com/a/Z2JlsV7
Open at your own risk Yea Forums

>he didn't Arbitor's Ground
>Ah yes let's recicle the Forest Temple concept but worse for half of the dungeon
Honestly I kind of like te dungeon but what were they thinking with this?

Attached: wheeze.png (128x128, 26K)

None of that was edgy in the slightest bit you faggot. For fucks sake even WW had Ganondorf order the executions of two sages. OoT had a soldier die in the alleys of Castletown.

You've been riding the edge too long, brother. Time to step back.

Twilight Princess is a pretty lighthearted game all things considered

I'm talking about the story behind the dungeon not the layout.

How did we feel about her bros?

Attached: hild.gif (500x251, 766K)

I think it's cool in it's lightly macabre character designs.

I'm a big skywardfag, but I hated how we never learned shit about the chink civilization

Cope, play some actual edgy games.

>It's not, when Skyward Sword world it's a thing.
I've come to block skyward sword out of my mind. For all my bad mouthing of Majora's Mask I would never think poorly of it enough to seriously compare it to Skyward Sword.
And it may be segmented but there are a lot of thing you can do in the those segments and you can see they are each well designed
Well design that they're the reason I never finished the game because the world was thoroughly uninteresting to me.

>that deku at the beginning of the game for example.
When I was writing that post I was considered singling out this one instance of a buildup and payoff being done correctly within the game but it still isn't common enough

>The other regions have their own problems going on
They do and most of those problems are uninteresting compared to the grinder moon problem and only serve to make them feel even more disconnected.

>There are only a few characters in WW that you can say are really were taken advantage of outside The king of the red lions, Tetra/Zelda and Ganondorft
I think it's much better for a game to take advantage of its Central character is more than optional characters you might never see. The events of Wind Waker and the its sequels give Tetra a grander importance that most other Zeldas lack.

>but there is nothing to expand in Majora's Mask story when it's pretty much it's own thing and was already a direct sequel of OoT, that doesn't make it less good in my opinion
It's about the intense and dark nature of the story setting an expectation that never fully delivers on. Majora and termina are presented in ways that make them seem like they should be incredibly important to the grander lore of Zelda and yet they're never seen is worth mentioning again. The impact of such a disturbing Journey on link should be felt more than any other and yet he shrugs it off like it's nothing, and all that does is speak more strongly to the intensity of his experiences in Ocarina of Time.

honestly this is what makes me doubt metascore
like Skyward Sword had a lot of promise and cool ideas but it is not an 93 game
it's like an 80 at best

the dungeons made up for the meh overworld and I don't think I like any game's dungeons more

>You are supposed to feel like a stranger in Termina, something that doesn't belong there
Then the games problem is executing this part a little too well to the point that I don't feel a connection to what's going on. Link lacks a personal stake beyond his own survival and that's what I like my heroes to have

I like her, I always like power corruption storylines in Zelda games so she was right up my alley

It's the only 3D zelda that holds up after MM and OoT.

literally all of them are unfinished games

Wasted potential. Lorule alone could be its own base for a spin-off series. Ravio could be more expressive and speak while Hilda is the silent one. Damn shame.

Don't attach Majora to Ocarina as if it's in its league.

indeed, MM is way above

>Removing dungeons is an improvement

it's okay when botw does it.

because breath of the wild improved on the game in other ways. Majora is just a straight downgrade from Ocarina of Time but just has a few good side quests and cutscenes

Should've called him Jacob TwoTwo you uncultured FUCK

>WW fag it's still mad that MM it's a better game than the whole mess that was Wind Waker
Here have a (you)

>motion controls
>bad
Found the scrub, Git gud

BOTW is the closest thing to perfection I've ever played in a 3d vidya

The big problem with motion controls is simply repetition. It meant that longer sessions were more stressful in most cases and tasks that should be simple, become overly complicated for little reason other then "we felt like it".

Motion controls will feel better when there is not only tactile feedback, but more accurate 1:1 controls, with being able to use individual fingers and good physics for interacting with various objects. As it is, they just get frustrating, because anything can cause a mis input. Poor calibration on the gyros, bad placement of the IR sensor, too much light interfering with the sensor.

SS had the best implementation of motion controls for Zelda so far, but best doesn't mean good and probably won't for many years.

Skyward Sword was pretty bad but it at least had some memorable characters. The other three were very enjoyable.

I can argue four five different Zelda games being better than Majora, but being told it's not as good as Wind Waker is the one that tends to make you fags the most upset. You're usually too much of a pussy to compare it to Oot or TP because that's not even a fair fight

>erika poster is retarded
What a FUCKING surprise

fpbp