Remake of Romancing SaGa 3 on its final touches, more news soon on the TGS...

gematsu.com/2019/08/romancing-saga-3-remaster-in-final-adjustments-stage-news-set-for-tgs-2019
Remake of Romancing SaGa 3 on its final touches, more news soon on the TGS. You think they'll announce the release date of Scarlet Grace, too?

Attached: 1490704815-465-card.jpg (800x461, 265K)

>Remake
It's a remaster, like 2.
They'll only update the UI and backgrounds while sprites will be recycled from SNES.

SCARLET GRACE WHEN KAWAAAAAZUUUUUU
AAAAAA I CANT WAIT UTIL SEPTEMBER

Hm, I see. Well, doesn't change much, the RS2 remaster is pretty stellar on its own right outside of the ghoulish UI.

It'd be a bit silly to announce the western release date of a game on the TGS, but maybe some western journalist could ask Kawazu if he thinks he can deliver by Christmas.

Let's hope so, TGS is for jap stuff only, but Scarlet will probably come out together with RS3 in the west.
Kawazu already confirmed there's going to be new content just like in the RS2 remaster, which means dungeons, characters and possibly a bunch of new quests, so while it's still a remaster it's not correct to say it's just a visual overhaul, RS2 was like that too, except the new content was mostly reused from the old mobile phone port.

Attached: D8b_Fa7UcAAPoHO.jpg (900x700, 107K)

Yeah it will have a bit of new content, but that still doesn't make it a remake.

True enough.
It's still good that these games are officially coming out in the west, not to mention Squenix finally pushing this series a bit after decades of oblivion, fingers crossed for the Frontier remake getting decent budget.

This is another thing rooted for mobiles. I hope they try to touch the UI for console releases.

>fingers crossed for the Frontier remake getting decent budget.
I'd rather they make a new game with decent budget. While these are good jobs and Arte Piazza is very good at what they do, unlike other teams doing remasters for S-E, it's not the ideal way to just regurgitate their old games.

The game's the same as RS2, it was originally a Vita/Mobile release that was later changed into a global release on all platform, the Vita version being the base one.
Other releases of RS2 having the mobile version's UI was definitely a mistake on Artepiazza's side but not something inherent to the game, and it was also fixed almost immediately together with other problems, this time they won't repeat the same mistake.

Hopefully the switch version doesn't have that input delay like rs2

I can't wait to play the money game with Thomas again.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesome, I'd love to see a rema....what the fuck is this? SNES graphics in [(-1) + 2020]?

>RS3: this time we actually finished the game edition
about fucking time

It's either a new mainline or a Frontier remake now, both are possible given how RS3 is the last release after a new mainline, and a Frontier remake won't mean regurgitating an older game at all, it's a notoriously unfinished game that has tons of missing stuff waiting to be put where it belongs.
Everyone's aching for Frontier to get an actual release in its supposed form since decades, it's one of the most popular entries and a full fledged remake with all the cut content would greatly boost the series' popularity and confidence towards the team, which would mean more money for more mainline entries with decent budget.

WHO THE FUCK CARES!!!
WHERE IS SCARLET GRACES YOU FUCKING HACK!!!
I DON'T CARE ABOUT A GAME THAT I FINISHED A DOZEN OF TIMES.

RS3 was already finished, what they're going to add now is just extras like making some popular characters recruitable and add a bunch of new side quests and dungeons.
The only significant thing missing from the original release they might add is integrating the famed scrapped storyline for Tatyana, but who knows about that.

Yeah. It looks fantastic! New backgrounds + good spritework without trying to do polish.

>it's a notoriously unfinished game that has tons of missing stuff waiting to be put where it belongs.
When has a developer ever done a "complete" version of a game through a remaster? It's very outlandish to think they'll try and re-do things that they left 20 years ago to go onto other things. It doesn't take into consideration if the devs themselves even want to go back to complete the game.

It's coming user, and the game was never released in the west, lots of people haven't played it to this day.
I played both and I'm still very excited.
>When has a developer ever done a "complete" version of a game through a remaster?
I assure you, Frontier will not get a remaster like RS2/3, those games are considered finished and only in need of a few touches here and there, Frontier will get a full fledged remake like how RS1 got Minstrel Song, there's simply too much stuff missing from the original plans due to time and budget contraints, a remaster is not going to cut it and Kawazu himself knows it very well.

Attached: DxPXJn3VYAEMDrc.jpg (1107x1200, 226K)

Great fucking news, I can't wait to play this shit in all its glory.
I hope Frontier ends up having a full remake, yet at the same time I'm okay if it doesn't since I used to fill the gaps with my imagination (read: shit such as Tanzer, the way the regions were dividied, the list goes on) and of course, there's no way they'll ever match the feeling of its pre-rendered world

>like how RS1 got Minstrel Song, there's simply too much stuff missing from the original plans due to time and budget contraints, a remaster is not going to cut it and Kawazu himself knows it very well.
Ohh, that's a very exciting thing to think about. However, today is not the early 2000s... Kawazu's team last game was a Vita game and remasters. I really hope S-E is a bit smart.

Remakes are always their own thing, on some aspects they never live up to the originals, but on others they do improve them, Minstrel Song was like that.
I do not doubt that with some actual budget and time for development the team can pull some real good stuff, if they managed to create a game as big and rich as Scarlet Grace in barely three years with literal peanuts they can fucking deliver a damn great Frontier remake, and give it the love and care it deserves.
They already did great progress with Scarlet in terms of adapting Tomomi's art to 3D, I'm sure Frontier will be even better, and I can't wait to see how it will look.

Attached: Angry Slav.jpg (1200x1000, 157K)

scarlet grace is already on pc in japan, there's nothing to announce at tgs

They seem to have waken up a bit, the recent success with the series has also made the board of directors more open to investing some serious effort into it.
Mind you, last year they even gave the team an official status as the SaGa Project, which never existed up to now, back in the days SaGa games were handled by the second division, they never had a dedicated team up to now, let alone an official department, so I'd say it's looking pretty good right now as far as Squenix is concerned.

Now that S-E is full on using UE4 for AAA gorgeous looking games, I'd imagine that them using UE4 for a low budget-AA at most remake is a no-brainer (they did the LR remaster on UE4, too). In fact, isn't Mana 3 being developed on that? It looks great, and japanese developers seem to only give praise to the engine (the SMTV dev team, for example, very proudly says that they now can see how the models would look on the game in real time LOL).

That's great.

>10 years from now
>Unlimited remake
>They make it even harder
>Brainlet western reviewers rage even harder
I cant wait

Yeah, a new game being made in UE4 is almost guaranteed at this point, the team already has plenty of experience with UE through TLR, if they can get back some of the people currently working on FFXIV they'll surely be able to do some good work.
If they managed to make a no budget Unity game look decent, UE4 will allow them to go crazy as long as they're actually paid.

Attached: C4mFm1_VYAAXhez.jpg (1000x1200, 163K)

Unlimited doesn't need a remake, just a small rebalance patch, some QoL and more content, game still puts to shame lots of stuff today in terms of visuals.
What it needs is a proper successor that elaborates on the model, Scarlet does keep in line with the tabletop model, but it's far too watered down compared to Unlimited, you can't really go galaxy brain with it as much as it has a much better set of campaigns, Unlimited's dungeon design and general ruleset is still unbeaten to this day, but it can be even better.

Attached: ToLT_Combo.webm (900x674, 2.78M)

>SaGa
>proper successor that elaborates on the model
Would be nice but that's not going to happen.

I know, but a man can dream
I'm still waiting on that Wild Card sequel too

Oh man, I'd really like a port of that. It looks gorgeous.

Also, anyone played the Switch (PS4) version of TLR? I've heard that it looks a bit worse and that it has the 360 progression system, but no proof about it. It's also 20 bucks, and I heavily favour portable.

Unlimited is a timeless game.
More than fifteen years have passed and it still puts to shame a lot of modern games.

Attached: 2spoopy4me.webm (900x674, 1.86M)

Wouldn't suggest buying the TLR remaster, it looks and performs worse than PC and they also changed mechanics for the worse, not just the BR progression.
Get it if you truly prefer playing it on the Switch, but it's the current worst version of the game.

Attached: ( ⁰д⁰).webm (680x374, 2.81M)

Only Vanillaware and some of the new indies like Indivisible comes close to those big sprites.

What's impressive is how good they scale with emulation.
I remember reading that sprite data is actually stored at a higher resolution than what the PS2 currently allowed, so that might be why they look so good.

Attached: fat cat.webm (900x674, 2.02M)

Attached: Silver combo.webm (560x420, 2.87M)

Attached: Judy_Ship.webm (900x674, 1.47M)

Attached: Vandalize.webm (600x450, 2.9M)