This is probably the most overrated jrpg ever

This is probably the most overrated jrpg ever
>has terrible pacing and is way too long
>mediocre characters
>50% of the game is diologue
>story that starts out as promising, but eventually becomes mediocre as time goes on
>the calander system makes the game extremely linear, it also makes it unable to progress the games story at your own pace.
>the confidants are extremely predictable(you meet person, then get to know him better, learn that there is some shitty adult ruining his life, go to mementos to change that adults heart, and at the end he learns that you are the leader of the phantom thieves. It's the same for almost every confidant in the game)
>the battle system is just a watered down version of the one found in smt
>it's way too easy
All this game has is the nice artwork/style and music. It's literally style over substance: the game

Attached: Persona 5.jpg (550x677, 130K)

Attached: 1548785930687.jpg (582x507, 59K)

Why are mainline SMT fanboys so autistic?

It's a good game, they just needed to do more than Persona 4: CRAWLING IN MY SKIN Edition.

We know

>This is probably the most overrated jrpg ever
I-I'm just saying, guys. I mean it has more content than most GUST/Falcom games combined, but you know, it's definitely the most overrated. Despite the entire front board of Yea Forums being spammed with threads when Joker was revealed in Smash. Despite Persona 5 S being spammed endlessly. It's definitely the most overrated JRPG of this generation. I'm not mad, at all!

Attached: Cursed_Mario_Image.jpg (1400x1050, 94K)

If it weren't for the shallow dating sim elements and the novelty of it basically being a playable seasonal anime, I'm convinced that no one would care about this series.

It's basically a movie game, yet people give it a free pass because of waifus.

sorry to inform you that you have shit taste lmfao

>People only play it for the dating!
>Romance makes up less than an hour of the game
What did people desperate to shit on a popular game mean by this?

>I mean it has more content than most GUST/Falcom games combined,
It doesn't though. It's just longer.

Attached: 788069F6-57AD-41DE-80E6-1E71FC6BC896.jpg (829x1024, 155K)

That was Persona 3.

Persona 5 was "Fight da man" edition.
Also P5R seems to be going good. added few more confidants. Remixed everyone's confidant story line so that it is more in line with tackling the issues they were facing when you got them on your team and less on just kind of being more a friend to them. Like making Ann's Story not about being a foriegner who has her modeling buddies hate her and more about reconciling with Shino. Or Makoto's story being less about her being autistic and more about her fathers murder.
They added another team member and there is a way to save Goro Aketchi apparently.

P5R is shaping up to be a better P4G.

Attached: EC08BFCF-3D91-45A3-99FA-E9CB35DEABE3.png (700x913, 300K)

>I mean it has more content than most GUST/Falcom games combined
One Ys game is more worth playing than the entire visual novel that is P5.

>More content then a falcom game.
You've never played or heard of a Trails game have you?

Keep crying, SMTnigger.

Attached: 123132131231313131.jpg (1280x720, 93K)

Shieeeeet. I think you mean Ys8 is the only Ys game worth playing. I was wondering why Falcom's president was so furious with NISA, it was because they secretly went all out to make it blockbuster title (by Falcom standards) only to have NISA fumble the translation.

More playable content. Running around talking to NPCs to unlock a secret mission isn't exactly what I call entertaining gameplay.

Looks like the boss battles are gonna get changed too. They really need to get more difficult. Every boss battle except Shido was terrible.

>Running around talking to NPCs to unlock a secret mission isn't exactly what I call enter
But sitting down and reading 2 hours of dialogue so you can get a few musical notes to pop up is?

>More playable content.
Does mashing through dialogue count as playable content?

This is why.

Attached: dunkey.png (1684x751, 191K)

I-I like Persona 5

>it has more content than most GUST/Falcom games combined
It absolutely doesn't.

Yes, that's premier rpg content.

It's the kind of game tailor made for a Spoony style review.

Like every fanbase has.
>Mario is better, SUCK MY DICK SONICFAGS
>REEEEEEE ROLL IS THE BEST WAIFU YOU GUYS COMMID DIE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You know?

>This is probably the most overrated jrpg ever
No you must be thinking of earthbound