Ps3 can't handle a ps2 game

>ps3 can't handle a ps2 game
what the fuck happened?
youtu.be/IwvWlZ0rBJE

Attached: 1562622027990.jpg (978x1024, 85K)

Other urls found in this thread:

psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List
youtube.com/watch?v=wM3d266_QWw
youtu.be/3Fss6opOZrs?t=216
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LET'S DITCH ONE MEME ARCHITECTURE FOR ANOTHER
WHAT'S THE WORST THAT COULD POSSIBLY HAPPEN

Unrelated, but Sseth is a faggot for introducing this game to normalfags. Some friend of mine asked me if I played it the other day, to which I gleefully told him I do hoping we could get some sort of discussion going, only for him to say "Haha, bro did you see the Sseth video too? He has great taste!". Make of that as you will.

Literally wasn't a problem on my unit.

>Muh sekrit club niche game
Boo-hoo. It's a great game and if having more people experience it means a couple of people will pose about it, I don't give a shit.

>>Muh sekrit club niche game
That's not the point, retard. The point is these faggot's aren't even interested in actually talking about the game, they just want to talk about the faggy e-celeb and shitty memes. The problem with Sseth reviewing the game is that now normalfags associate the game with him, and in turn start rambling on on le epic memes, if that makes any sense. They literally have zero interest in playing the actual game itself, and when they do it's only for memes.

CHINK BITCH?!?

Then do something about it. Tell the fucker "play the game, it's really fun" and if he doesn't, you're friends with a retard. Like I said
>If having more people experience it means a couple of people will pose (or meme, in your words) about it, I don't give a shit
As long as people are playing the game, I'm okay with it. There are tons of people all over that have played it before that video and there's more now after it, through all the memeing faggots.

>>Literally wasn't a problem on my unit.
Did you have a fat or slim model?

This one. The redesign, but it still had PS1 compatability.
I don't remember ever having it get that loud.

Attached: PS3-slim-console1.jpg (800x514, 30K)

>As long as people are playing the game, I'm okay with it.

Then we're in agreement. It just fucking pisses me off because this kind of behavior can also be observed on Yea Forums, literally ever since that fag made the video every thread on here about godhand immediately derails into speculation on the next epic meme game that Sseth's going to review. I just wish people would shut the fuck up about him and talk about video games.

>2013
Breaking news.

That's the slim model. All PS3 models have native PS1 backwards compatibility, but only the fat models have native PS2 compatibility. The digital PS2 re-releases on PS3 use emulation on the slim models.

sounds like he just needs to clean his fans. even though they didn't have much dust, cleaning out my ps3 and ps4 fans really helped make their fans not rev so loud

I thought it had native hardware? Not even the Super Slim that uses emulation had the fan spin like that.

What if I cfw a slim to play PS2 games? Fat is famous for overheating easily.

You're both right. As someone who got pushed into playing God Hand by sseth's video, and ended up loving it, I am obviously of the opinion that him posting the video was a good thing. But then as a fan of Yakuza and Persona, both of which recently got smash releases which received huge media and normalfag attention to the extent that the old fanbases have been displaced, I can totally understand the frustration.
If only there were some way to filter out bandwagonners from the new fans who genuinely care about the game.

>not wanting others to know about the existence of GD
faggot

Attached: Gene.png (423x616, 189K)

>Yakuza and Persona, both of which recently got smash releases
Yakuza got a Smash release? What?

I beat the entirety of God Hand on the PS3 multiple times and it ran without a single hitch, maybe don't use a broken fat PS3 like a poorfaggot?

Attached: tzuyuwut.jpg (578x575, 47K)

That's not what he said, retard.

Not "smash" as in "Smash Bros." you monkey. As in "smash hit".

Attached: kiryucring.jpg (546x490, 21K)

That's exactly what he said.

>
Yeah, it sucks as someone who got into Yakuza recently because of Y0, but still went back to play the rest (not all of them yet, I need a break between each game because they're just so long) to be dismissed like that, so I get you. At the end of the day, nothing will push out bandwaggoners more than just ignoring them with real discussion. They'll be lost and when they aren't getting any attention, they'll fuck off for the next one.

>473902871
Smash hits, I think is what he met.

I played a shit ton of PS2 games on my cfw PS3 slim. People say that the compatibility is bad but it's mostly good, I only had problems with 2 or 3 games out of the at least 30 I played.

Here's a compatibility list: psdevwiki.com/ps3/PS2_Classics_Emulator_Compatibility_List

Also, some games run surprisingly "better" on the PS3 emulator for whatever reason. I get a bunch of visual glitches on PCSX2 when playing Kings Field IV for example while the game looks perfectly fine on the PS3 slim, the only problem is the frame rate is lower, specially after patching it for widescreen and there's a room with a bug I couldn't fix on the PS3 but you can fix on PCSX2 though overall the PS3 is better for playing that game.

How do you cock up a reply in two different ways lol.
But anyway I just want to sincerely thank you for actually going back and playing the other games. It sucks when literally most current fans of the series have only played the latest entries.
Which ones have you done so far?

Attached: haruka_chan_cp.png (828x720, 599K)

Dead Souls is unironically the best Yakuza game. Prove me wrong, you can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=wM3d266_QWw

I will at least concede that it has the hardest hitting ending of any game in the series (except maybe 6 but that's a matter for another time).

youtu.be/3Fss6opOZrs?t=216
These lads were saying goodbye. They had no idea if Yakuza 5 was gonna happen and it shows.

Attached: 1481301980694.jpg (1920x1080, 277K)

Started with 0 a few months ago.
Friend suggested I emulate the original Y1 over playing the Kiwami version, so I did that. Liked it. That dub is charming and I'm sad it's the only time we get it (from what I hear).
Played the Kiwami 2 demo and REALLY liked it, but haven't gotten around to it.
While it's messing up the release order, I Took advantage of PSNow and started Y4 recently. So far, so good. Akiyama is a great protag from what I've seen so far and his standard battle theme might be one of my favorite tracks in the series.

I haven't heard that exactly, but I still plan on playing it. I definitely wanna check out Kezan and Ishin, but I dread needing to be looking at a translation guide the whole time.

>They had no idea if Yakuza 5 was gonna happen
Yakuza 5 had 2 year development and released in 2012 in Japan. Dead Souls released in 2011, 1 year into the development of Dead Souls, both games started development in 2010 I believe. You're right as in that was the end of their old graphics engine and Yakuza 5 was supposed to be like a reboot for the series, a new start, I mean like with Kiryu starting a new life as a taxi driver and shit and all the characters having dreams for a new life and stuff like that.

But yeah, Dead Souls was a really nice farewell to the older games, fantastic fan service as well.

Dead Souls is really good if you have played all the other games and really likes the series. Mechanically though it's pretty bad, bad controls and awful performance on the PS3, prepare to play a slideshow if you play it on a PS3, here's hoping RPCS3 emulation bring it to the levels of Demon's Souls soon. Design wise I really liked the game, romaing Kamurocho shooting zombies is a really nice change of pace and I also liked the mini-dungeon crawler aspect of the game though it's very repetitive. Also, the ability to bring other characters and even hostesses to free roam kamurocho and shoot zombies was really nice and pretty underrated as well.

I'm not gonna force you but it really might be in your interest to continue with release order, including OG Yakuza 2. 1->4 is a big jump but since you're only on Akiyama it's not too late to go back and catch up.

I figured since I was able to go from 0 to 1, I would be fine but I'll see about getting Y2 emulated too, then. I heard the original Y2 was really good anyway, and that the Kiwami remake fucked up some of the story stuff, but I still plan on playing both because that engine is some goofy fun.