Which would you recommend?

I only have enough money for one of these two.

Attached: IMG_7552.jpg (984x585, 196K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IhDOxPIDTSA
youtube.com/watch?v=G2rJYBOIAxo
youtube.com/watch?v=HkX_s8RcuB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1 if you want straightforward levels
2 if you like having multiple objectives and tons of branching paths with backtracking

both
buy cheap keys

1 has more consistent level design IMO, and 2 has a better arsenal variety as well as a mod for online co-op.

Always start with 1

1 is the greatest fps ever made, play it on hardcore difficulty.
2 is a quake 2 clone with some nice gore but the levels drag on forever.

What a shit taste

Why was Joshua Fireseed originally on the cover?

Attached: Turok_Dinosaur_Hunter_N64_Booklet_Cover.jpg (600x900, 281K)

1 is much better and feels like an adventure
2 is too packed and feels like a generic game

>Turok 2 takes a fat shit on every fps out there bakc then and even today
>user says first was better

Do you ever get called on how bad you are

you can stop samefagging now

Save money until you can get both moron.

I thought 2 was too big, but I wouldn't mind trying it again under new perspective.

Probably cuz he was the star of the comics at the time.

The bundle was on sale this summer, too bad you are a retard.

I liked 1 more honestly but 2 they say is the objectively better one with more content. I still say 1. It's a better entry point and just buy 2 later on if you liked the first.

Oh, and if you like multiplayer, don't get the Switch version of 2.

>Oh, and if you like multiplayer, don't get the Switch version of 2.
Truth. Anyone playing that game will get fUCKED by me.

Well, no, its cuz the Switch port takes out the multiplayer mode.

STORY TIME.

Attached: The Origins of Turok (1).jpg (891x1123, 205K)

1 has better, fast paced combat with big maps to explore. You can run circles around enemies knifing them to death and it feels great
2 has cooler, more interesting guns, really entertaining gore (cerebral bore) and more interesting enemy variety. But the downside is some of the maps are horseshit. Good luck in the Lair of the Blind ones. Follow a guide for that one, maybe.

O-OH

Attached: 1564262831206.png (300x300, 64K)

Attached: The Origins of Turok (2).jpg (936x1114, 278K)

Attached: The Origins of Turok (3).jpg (884x1114, 237K)

Attached: The Origins of Turok (4).jpg (884x1114, 247K)

Attached: The Origins of Turok (5).jpg (880x1105, 251K)

Attached: The Origins of Turok (6).jpg (871x1112, 254K)

The first one is vastly superior and is really the only good game in the series. It's an underrated masterpiece.

Attached: The Origins of Turok (7).jpg (880x1114, 237K)

Jesus fucking Christ just pirate the GOG versions of both.

Attached: The Origins of Turok (8).jpg (882x1107, 252K)

Basically this. 2 sucks and shares none of the first game's greatness and uniqueness. 1 is a classic.

Attached: The Origins of Turok (9).jpg (866x1105, 251K)

this

OP just pirate this ancient game

start with one and get the second game later.
I recently replayed the first turok after 20 years and it still holds up surprisingly well. had a lot of fun with it.

Attached: The Origins of Turok (10).jpg (1107x884, 210K)

Is there even a multiplayer scene? I haven't bothered looking. But then the maps are too small in 2 anyways. What works for N64 doesn't really work online.

Attached: Turokblv.jpg (466x632, 150K)

I guess? There online multiplayer in the Steam version, I assume. And Xbone.

How does it sound like?

Attached: cerebral bore.jpg (259x194, 6K)

The raptor has a name? Do he and Turok know eachother?

I'm not asking if it's ALLOWED, I'm asking if people are actively playing it.

Attached: Dedicated raptor player.png (528x400, 298K)

>Is there even a multiplayer scene?
That's a great joke user.

an ancient game, but a lot of current shorters can learn from it.

Oh, I wouldn't know.

You know what Turok needs? A dedicated velociraptor campaign. Remember how cool playing Raptor was in the Genesis Jurassic Park games? I want an FPS like that.

2 is more kino in ost and atmosphere. Also has locational damage and better gore.

Rage Wars lets you play as one, but its multiplayer only deathmatches.

What is the raptor's motive?

still no reason to waste money

>Also has locational damage
This isn't a plus.

1 is basic but fun, there's very little wrong with it but also very little that sets it apart.
2 has huge levels, the map is pretty necessary to use fairly often. The guns are more fun and varied though, and introduced headshots and shooting at enemies' arms to interrupt their gunfire/grenade throwing. 2 is also quite a bit longer so I think it's a better value for your money.

Yeah, I know. It was kind of an extension of a playable raptor in Turok 2's multi. And it's great. But needs a few more tricks, like lunges or something.

If playing as a (relatively) dumb animal doesn't make sense, make him one of those cyborg hybrids. The motive could be simple revenge at that point.

Attached: 1535157493856.png (1894x1026, 2.62M)

So are the comics good?

I see it playing like the alien campaign in the AVP games. Just less wallcrawling and more focus on being a jumpy bastard... maybe hiding in shrubbery for ambushes.

Tuuurook help

I'm still not sure how much fucking damage limbs vs. heads do in that damn game. I swear certain enemies have random amounts of health, or your damage is randomized.

No you don't. We know you can afford both.

Attached: 1564607231812.jpg (576x432, 21K)

Turok 2

It jus hasnt aged well user, many games now feel very similar to turok 2 and do better what it originally did. Turok 1 in comparison feels more unique because there arent many games like it.

Too bad the second half of Turok 2 doesn't feel like the first half. It's all crammed tunnels and claustrophobic passages, when stages like Adia, River of Souls, and the Deathmarshes were open and interesting.

Yes.
The books are also good, but good luck finding them

It doesn't, limbs have damage multiplier against different kinds of ammunition.
Shooting a limb with bullets will only do a certain amount of damage compared to shooting it with an explosive.

Turok 2 for dat Shredder

I'm from Glen Cove, but I never knew this. My mom did pick me up a Turok shirt from Acclaim.

Attached: 1476760520657.jpg (268x263, 18K)

Being able to shoot different limbs off is interesting

WRHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
PRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Okay but who would he be fighting? Turok? What about everything in between?

It would be a complete waste of a premise if he didn't clash with Turok at some point. Either as a final boss or some kind of midpoint battle before they fuck off and do their own thing.

And in between? The Lost Lands are full of shit to kill and would want to kill you. That's easy.

>wanting to play as a raptor
>not a group of Mantid Mites

Attached: Turok_Seeds_of_Evil_Enemies_Mantid_Mite_(8).jpg (3840x2160, 1.46M)

>Rage Wars remaster or sequel never ever

Attached: 1515456990755.jpg (718x759, 130K)

Unless there's a fun mechanic like spawning more of yourself, or something that takes advantage of the fact there are multiple, it'd be a little silly to go that route. This is DINOSAUR HUNTER after all. Who better to costar than a hunting dinosaur?

Turok 2 looks great, plays great, is great
Blind Ones, mantis, dino men, giant worms, great ambience, GREAT ost, great weapons,
Turok 1 are velociraptors, some salamanders, florida men and a fucking truck

I know being contrarian is the shtick of you, but saying that Turok 1 is better is factually, canonically, and morally wrong. Don't do it. Someone can fall for it.

Attached: 1504278959343.gif (286x210, 2.17M)

I'd rather be a swarm of insects violently spreading its hive's influence across the Lost Land, consuming all in our way, humans, dinosaur, and all.

Turok 2's level design falls off a cliff in the second half while the first stays consistent.

When you put it like that, it does sound pretty fun.

Attached: 1558524466280.gif (600x502, 210K)

1's gameplay is better in all ways.

youtube.com/watch?v=IhDOxPIDTSA

Attached: 1447936691515.jpg (438x344, 37K)

>Turok 2
>Enter Master Cheat
>Use All Weapons + Unlimited Ammo Only
>Play on Hardcore difficulty.

I fucking love the Shredder.+ Exploding Shells

Dinosaur Hunter's gameplay is faster and plays closer to old-school FPS games. Seeds of Evil is a bit slower, but more visceral and impactful. Dinosaur Hunter's levels are generally more linear but like Doom and Quake are filled with secrets, Seeds of Evil's levels are less linear and require more exploration by design and has fewer secrets to discover.

Except weapon selection, gore and satisfaction from kills, the extremely low enemy variety, and special stages that are moderately pointless.

1 has less but more practical weapons. 2 is full of most-useless gimmick weapons. Cool but gimmicky. 2 has the gore but 1 has the humorous death sounds and more frequent enemy in-fighting.

>2 is full of most-useless gimmick weapons.
Granted, tranq rifle and charge dart rifle, sunfire pod and of course flare gun are silly when there are plentiful weapons that kill with the same amount of effort that they stun. I don't even know why they bothered with flare gun. It's never dark enough to need it. The least they could have done is make it do modest damage too.

You know I was really liking this version of the Ancient City, until 2:35, when the best part of the original song becomes the worst part of this version. What a fucking shame.

I'd kill for a Turok game that's fast and frantic like 1 but with the over the top, visceral guns of 2.

That's the magic formula and I'm afraid we'll never get it now.

Attached: 1563128376944.gif (200x151, 769K)

Sunfire Pod is OP against Blind Ones

With multiplayer like Rage Wars on the side.

enjoy your new turok game bro
youtube.com/watch?v=G2rJYBOIAxo

Turok 2 although you really should get both. Turok 2 on switch doesn't have multiplayer however which is bs

Turok 2 is the epitome of poor level design. It starts great but by the time you reach the end, you've burned yourself out on all the samey shit.

I recommend the second. Its huge sprawling levels are fewer, but have more variety and depth. Plus it has one of my all time favourite vidya OSTs.

That game is actually pretty fun, and hard as fuck too.

Don't remind me.

Well, to be fair, it's not like whoever made this prevented a real sequel from happening.

after playing both recently, turok 1. t2 is too slow and like other anons have said, the 2nd half turns the levels into these samey labyrinths that aren't fun to traverse or explore. t1 doesn't have the visceral gunplay of 2 but it feels great to zip around the superior level design with the faster movement and blast shit with the tek bow and shotgun.

also fuck the t2 tek bow, what the fuck were they thinking.

IIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

They were probably thinking the Tek Arrows in Dinosaur Hunter were just too interchangeable with explosive shotgun rounds and needed to set them apart somehow.

Yeah, they nerfed tek bow hard. Not only low damage but a timed delay?

2 is impossible to binge because it's dragged out, samey level design fags up the experience.

Which is absolutely true. But they didn't find a good resolution. A better version would be if the enemy flees in panic while impaled by one.

I do like the blue explosion, though.

It is positively hypocritical for a fan of 1 to call Turok 2's levels "samey." T1 is all jungles and cliffs up until the final fortress.

1 for sure. 2 is cool but I wouldn't start there.

Not really.

>jungle
>ancient aztec-esque city
>treetop village
>ruins of a lost civilization
>catacombs
>canyons
>tek fortress / volcano

You're fudging the lines to make it sound more varied than it is. Turok 2 is by default more diverse than that. And you don't even have to cheat by claiming a bunch of ruins are actually super diverse.

2 has

>Town
>River City
>Swamp
>Cave
>Futuristic Bug city
>Alien spaceship

And

Fucking silent hill type deal, if you count the oblivion levels.

Is not really thaaaaat bad

The spirited debate in this thread about who which one is better makes me miss when games were actually good. All 4 n64 turok rock.

Wait, what the fuck the switch version has no multiplayer????

>mfw I found out the Shredder could headshot
Now I now why it's considered an upgrade to the shotgun.

Attached: 1559332353484.jpg (480x452, 18K)

FOUND THE FUCKING POST

Attached: capture.png (645x313, 28K)

I was really down on Turok 3, despite it having modern city levels which are one of my favorite settings in games. Was Turok 3 actually bad, or was I just being a little shit?

Attached: 1554043541481.jpg (413x427, 46K)

That's really informative, thanks user.

Fuck off faggot.

But the shotgun can headshot too.

new game when
that pixelshit indie game doesn't count

Attached: 1565630552537.jpg (700x700, 89K)

Not at mid-long range.

Theres way less enemies because of the narrative half life style they went for, however each chapter has a unique setting and the weapons are still good. Multiple characters as well with different areas to Traverse. If you can emulate it with a proper controller id say try it again.

>way less enemies
That might be part of why I felt that way. Turok 2 already needed more than it had.

Rage Wars was my jam.

HIIIIIIIIYAAAAAHH
HEEEEEYYYYYYYY

The flare gun was needed back on the n64. You're speaking from the remaster.

>I don't even know why they bothered with flare gun. It's never dark enough to need it. The least they could have done is make it do modest damage too.

Nigga we have to show that lens flare.

Fuck you, Charge dart is the best weapon in the game.

I like both for different reasons.

Turok 1 is faster, more platform heavy adventure shooter. The enemies are lacking and a bit generic and the weapons arent anywhere near as cool as the later installments. Most enemies are actually motion captured, and they have neat touches like shifting their weights depending on what movements or direction of movement they're doing. Turok 1's levels are all almost exactly the same, but they are indeed good levels and you'll find yourself too busy having fun to really be bothered by it.

Turok 2 is a step up in the weapons, enemies (not mocapped this time though) and level aesthetics. They really spent a lot more time making things look and sound cool. All the levels are different from each other. But Turok 2 suffers from some gameplay issues. The game is slower, I'm like 99% sure your jump isn't as high too. But the enemies are satisfying to kill with equally satisfying weapons. The game is a real innovator in gore and gibbing in games. The levels also seem bigger but that could just be because multiple areas are separated by teleporters making them seem bigger. And there is a lot of backtracking, but far more of a story to speak of than Turok 1.

Hope that helped OP.

t.Turok #1 fan

was Joshua a JoJo?

Attached: 1541793846663.jpg (494x350, 91K)

Cerebral Bore is the best weapon ever made.

The Turok series just emanates with raw masculinity:
youtube.com/watch?v=HkX_s8RcuB8

Attached: 12365937940326387.png (240x262, 91K)

The Turoks are their universe's Joestars.

1 if you want fast paced balls to the wall doom-style dino action with secret finding

2 if you want halflife but with hexens level designer with cool gore effects

Think three is worth a remaster? I mean, look what they did to my Adon.

Attached: Adon4.jpg (238x544, 20K)

I
AM TUROK

Speaking of Turok, does anyone know what FOV number setting on the remasters are going go give me the same FOV as the N64?

>climb a ladder

UH

AUGH

UNH

ENH

In any fps where you climb ladders, I like to move the camera in the same way that it moves in Turok 2.

85?

I don't know?

This. play part 1 im currently playing it and uploading it to youtube. its great.

Post channel so I can bully you

Considering how 3 was developed solely for the N64. A remaster would be difficult

Dinosaur Hunter. Seeds Of Evil is good but the levels are too fucking long and its easier to get bored with.

Then again, SOE has the cerebral bore..

Recently replayed it, its fucking shit.

How are the steam versions of these games?
Do they play fine out of the box or do they need fixes?

Excellent. No shilling here they are better in every way.

id go GOG but they're fine. just make sure whatever platform you use that it's the one by Night Dive Studios.