HIS NAME IS STARKILLER AND HE CAN FORCEPULL A STAR DESTROYER OUT OF THE SKY AND BEAT BOTH DARTH VADER AND THE EMPEROR...

>HIS NAME IS STARKILLER AND HE CAN FORCEPULL A STAR DESTROYER OUT OF THE SKY AND BEAT BOTH DARTH VADER AND THE EMPEROR IN A DUEL AND HE HAS A SMOKIN HOT GF
People are really upset about this shit being retconned?

Attached: StarKiller.jpg (1200x800, 271K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dH_ip7-NL9k
youtube.com/watch?v=8eYANZVApUg
youtu.be/jn_J425eo3Q
youtu.be/GAFgIFSZtT8?t=52
youtube.com/watch?v=fDp8E444-ZI
youtube.com/watch?v=qtZ-tDvsaGU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes.

There was a LOT of stuff in the Star Wars EU that needed culling, and everyone knew this. It's just that no one expected Disney to gut the entire thing.

Attached: 1494306088816.jpg (960x720, 68K)

Not mad at the ret-coning per-se, but highly disappointed at the fact he got replaced by something much worse. He is genuinely better than anyone in the sequels

Yes

>a lot
More like 5% fag. Star killer was an OG baller who did far greater than Rey could even dream of.

Gary Stu and Mary Sue both need to be culled.

>More like 5% fag
Don't kid yourself.The EU was a jumbled mess by the time it was destroyed and was full of wacky shit like Jedis being gods.

>jumbled mess
What is canonical tiers
Who is Leland Chee

Attached: 1565631513303.png (800x480, 212K)

He gave us a fun game without pay2win microtransaction shit.

Nice buzzwords there buddy

I unironically would prefer if Starkiller got canonized to the trainwreck that is the last two movies being canon.

The new trilogy killed Star Wars. no one is excited for anything with its name on it that has anything to do with anything made in the past fifteen years.

Starkiller getting SUPER MAD and pulling a star destroyer out of the sky makes more sense than the dark lord of the universe who was behind it all along dying because he didn't know that a lightsaber landed behind his throne.

The thing is: There were already pre established lines between what should and shouldn't have been culled. The EU made that itself by dividing it all into disconnected series of which you could reasonably ignore any part of it you wanted.

The only time it got fucking goofy and stupid is when you put ALL of it together and realized that it was a jumbled up jigsaw puzzle of content, but no one seriously did that. If they wanted something explained, no one actually consulted the entirety of the EU for it. That's why the first Death Star plans were stolen two or three separate times.

What they should have done was find the most coherent parts of the EU (IE: Shadows of the Empire) and say "Okay, THIS is canon, these other novels are not." etc. etc.

Starkiller has nothing on Kyp Durron, or how endlessly Boba Fett was wanked.

He is perfect example of male rey.

It was canon? I thought it was just a game made for fun.

Attached: luke sheev dark empire.jpg (652x769, 295K)

Hes literally Rey but for virgins instead of women

hey look, it's Cole from infamous.

He had actual sith training though.

At least he's not Kyle Katarn

Fuck no. The EU was always going to be removed, whether Lucas or anyone else made more movies. It's impossible for a screenwriter to be expected to check every game and book ever made to make sure their movie fits with previous """""lore"""".

Hi Disney

nobody cares about force unleashed anyone who says they care probably has a dumblr acc

He had hardcore training from Vader himself for 20 years. Rey didn't even bother with training.

Are we just going to forget the part where he used the force to take Darth Vader's lightsaber when Vader was about to kill his dad, and he was like 5? TFU is a fun game, but the story is really bad.

They should have culled both of Anakins apprentices desu

He is still full of shit.
Beating someone like darth vader or moving a fucking star destroyer at that era is crazy for a force user.
Maybe if this was the old republic when force users were a lot stronger but it isn't.
Not that i am complaining much . As a game this crazy stuff was much fun but if this was a movie my reaction would be the same as nu star wars

Well. His father was Jedi. He propably teach him something. Story was trash. But Starkiller is better character than all Disney wars fags.

Starkiller was fucking awesome and he deserves to be canon.

You want to talk about Mary Sues? lets just ignore “perfect, genius, all knowing Revan who also has a hot girlfriend”

>boba wank
wasn't boba literally unbeatable in that one mission back in jedi academy?

It was as canon as Shadows of the Empire

>all knowing
Except for the part where he gets betrayed by Malak. Or how he turned into a peak Jobber in TOR.

>kills a ghost
youtube.com/watch?v=dH_ip7-NL9k

Attached: 1510017893102.jpg (1600x1391, 374K)

>The new trilogy killed Star Wars
Nah, that was the prequels. The new trilogy is just the zombified corpse.

unironically better than literally any Nu-Wars fanfiction.

Literally /ourguy/

Yes.

Even more so when the new game is gonna be ass.

best waifu?

Attached: 324352525.jpg (944x638, 135K)

Ok plebbitor, here's why you're retarded. The canon had multiple tiers with the movies at the top, and GL personally signed off on the EU. There never was going to be any limitations on the first place.

Kota was cool

Attached: 106D31F3-A156-461F-8C48-115C6C4D2C01.png (1039x1400, 1.18M)

Only retards or low IQs are upset.

What happened with Starkiller is some guy with a lot of money and influence in charge of a new game got to make his own Star Wars character and make him god mode powerful better than all the other characters. Its like some fanfiction boys wet dream come true. I hated Starkiller because it was retarded to make him that powerful and act like who ever his father was would have lost to Vader, on top of not being abl to just stop order 66 while simultaneously beating up the Emperor and Vader.

That being said I think the new movies are mostly shit until we see what they let ol George Lucas come in and change, might have potential after that.

But yeah having anyone more powerful than the Emperor appear at any point on the timeline when he was Palpatine and becoming Emperor is just pure child fantasy fanfiction bullshit.

Theres a difference between Boba Fett, who is an fan favorite character intended by the original creator to be part of the franchise, and some fanfiction Godmode boy who is someones wet dream of them fantsizing about how awesome they would be if they were born into the Star Wars universe.

>This is what old star wars fans want the franchise to be like
Embarassing

true except starkiller is somehow even more powerful and retarded

D&D are going to turn him into an incompetent retard like they did with Jon and that is going to be the canon depiction of him.

he looks like he finally got that thick fissure-inducing shit out but he's out of toilet paper

>a scenario based on the non-canon bad ending makes everything so fucking ridiculous
The DLC in some ways was unadulterated kino. Reminder that after that he goes to Hoth and fights Luke. The only bad bits in these DLC was the Han and Chewie fight on Endor. Then it ramps the fuck up again with jedi Leia.
If you want to laugh your ass off, play the DLC. Neither of them are "canon" to the game's story and are just fucking insane.

Also a reminder Starkiler's VA was a hardcore fan and got to voice the Emperor (I think) and Maul in the animated series.

>What is canonical tiers
>not a jumbled mess
There's canon and non-canon; sort-of-canon, mostly-canon-but-not, canonish is retarded.

Yeah he's broken he deserved to be hit

Attached: 81aM0V7iQPL._SX425_.jpg (425x395, 54K)

Left is good

>He can forcepull a star destroyer out of the sky

Don't remind me

It was silly that he was so powerful but I enjoyed the first game overall. It was fun tossing people around and how Euphoria made enemies grab on to each other, led to some pretty hilarious moments.

My absolute nigga. Reminder they replaced him with this faggot and coasted on the inclusion of Thawn in the later seasons to boost their dropping ratings when the OG fans stopped giving a shit about it.

Attached: StarWarsRebels_TA.jpg (960x720, 95K)

Honestly I like him all autistic and tarded. It was endearing.

Will we ever get our truly good cuhrayzee SW game?

Jesus user dont remind me. Why did they hurt Revan like that. The man just wanted to impreg his big titty brunette jedi wife.

Attached: 1565305193638.gif (500x393, 375K)

Funny thing is Rey is still the bigger Mary Sue

SW is dead. Thew new game doesn't even have a Sith path.

This. At least Starkiller jobbed when he needed to. And whatever would have happened he failed to beat Vader in any meaningful way.

Absolutely untrue. The prequel trilogy rejuvenated Star Wars in media, vidya, litterature and pop culture. As shit as you would like to pretend them to be, they actually were passable and held a lot of soul, albeit admitedly less than the OT.
Even in the most whacky parts you could still feel Georges Lucas'hand, and for all of his flaws, the guy was a billion time better than, for example, Joke Rowling was with his franchise. The two truly horrible thing in the PT is the absolute lack of acting direction, added with the over-use of CGI so the actors couldn't even ad-lib the whole thing.
Only one who could is Mace Windu, and that's only because the actor adlibs constantly.

Comparatively, Starkiller is a nice, overpowered, well-done, self-insert fanfiction garbage story. Absolutely worthless in terms of lore expansion or addition, but purely enjoyable for just how fucking CURAHZEE it gets.

Don't even get me started on the NT.

Im not gonna disagree but user, George cucked out on the last minute on a lot of shit and we never got the trilogy how it was meant to be... that is if the "Jar Jar" theory is proven to be true.

I miss him, bros.

Attached: KyleKatarnHappy.jpg (797x388, 42K)

I don't care if his powerlevel was bad fanfiction, the game was fun and marries brood was hot

Attached: Maris_Brood.jpg (2100x5250, 1.02M)

A fun comfy game is a lost art.

100% agreeing with you on that. But for how it turned out, I still think they were ok. Mostly.
You can get a feeling on how you felt when you went to see them in a theater back then. Those weren't the kind of movies you were absolutely angry at, just after viewing them. But the NT ? I almost got up twice during both movies, and stopped giving a shit about them before half of the fucking movie.
They are that bad. Comparatively, if we had the plot, effects, actors and everything else from Force Unleashed made into a movie (yes, even the 2nd retarded clone scenario), they would have made cheesy, but really entertaining movies. Like a fun Fast-food Pacific Rim movie.

Attached: Star Wars 8 custom blue milk.jpg (1200x1200, 233K)

People still brought toys after the prequels
The sequels on the other hand ruined star wars so much it helped to kill the worlds biggest toy retailer.

Plus we got great vidyas thanks to them. Republic Commando was absolute ludo.

Republic Commando was so damn good

No, we were more upset at characters like Kyle Katarn, Jacen Solo, etc getting retconned out only to be replaced with inferior characters that ape elements of those storylines.

The problem with the Legends getting killed off is that even though it wasn't 100% prime material, a good amount of it was considerably decent enough to be a series of interesting stories in their own right, and what we got in place of it was consistently incompetent storytelling that poorly reinterpreted a lot of the ideas from Legends, made exponentially worse by a bunch of cultural secondaries that run their mouths talking about how bad Legends was without understanding just how much the new canon takes from it, and just how awkward it is in comparison to what came before. There's nothing more awkward than listening to my dudebro trying to tell me why Kylo Ren is better than Darth Caedus based on what he learned about him from a youtube video that gave a dumbed-down explanation of Jacen Solo's character arc. Another guy tried to use as an example of why the EU needed to be gutted, and didn't even know the story behind it or why Dark Empire was considered a low point in the novels.

All things considered, Legends wasn't perfect and I would have been happy to consider it non canon if we got something of genuinely superior quality in place of it, but instead we got characters Rey, Kylo Ren, Holdo, and a Luke that had a very silly justification for what could have been an impactful shift in character development, so yeah, I'm still salty about it.

Also, I kind of liked the Yuuzhan Vong, even if they overstayed their welcome as a villain faction.

Attached: Caedus VS Ren.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

No no. The NT is shit. And they are jumping the Bantha with Sidious not being dead. Just another sacrifice on the alter of the goddess Rey. The NT singlehandedly made me side with Darth Traya. Not that it matters. She isnt CANON ANYMORE!!!

Attached: Kreia_art.jpg (980x1436, 106K)

Just making it clear we agree the NT is shit. It was shit.

>Jacen Solo
>good
He varied between passable to outright garbage depending on which EU writer wanted to use him to puff up their own pets or actually write a story that could actually be used to fluff up a new movie.

How is that a bad section? The last thing Vader was expecting was for a five year old to tug on his lightsaber.

StarKiller was great

His games had soul.

I'm more upset that a man named Starkiller, killed no stars.

Wasnt that name a refrence to some Star Wars trivia?

Even if you dislike the prequels, the related stuff (books, games, comics, etc) brought a lot of good shit

The Force Unleashed was my favorite game on the PS2. I don't give a shit about the canon, I just want another TFU game or at least a remake.

For the Switch? Motion control force moves user.

Attached: 1565317088985.jpg (228x392, 54K)

>Meanwhile in the new Disney canon...

Attached: This is canon to Star Wars.png (1524x666, 1.08M)

How different was the PS2 version from the XBOX and Wii versions?

user, there was another game

The star destroyer was already falling, he was just guiding it.

I know and I also played that. I liked it, but I couldn't have too much fun with it because my PC at the time couldn't run it properly.

Only a retard would think fans cared about Starkiller. Real fans care about:
Kyle Katarn, Jan Ors, Baldarek
Thrawn
Jana, Jacen, Anakin Solo
Revan
and uh...
Oh, Dash Rendar. Though he's canon now, so no worries with him.

Attached: fuck_you.jpg (405x628, 73K)

I wish to murder people after reading this.

Attached: ninja-scroll.jpg (825x464, 40K)

In the bright side most of these people are dead now.

Black and White lightsabers combo was kino

They tried bringing him into the new canon but he was too OP.

It's kind of amazing considering he's terrible, but Starkiller is actually a better character than Katarn in every respect

Dark apprentice looks so effay

>Not Red and Blue with Boba Fett skin during the DLC
Explain?

Nobody expected Disney to make shit WORSE than the worst aspects of the EU.

Are the Force Unleashed books better than the games? I was thinking about giving them a go sometime.

Based. Those games were fun when they came out wish they'd realize single player games can turn a profit.

Attached: 1561643125784.jpg (900x9195, 1.2M)

I saw Boba Fett and Darth Vader being tortured with lasers by him on promotional posters for the game as a child and explained to my parents how stupid that was. Not because Vader should be unbeatable necessarily, but because having him be beaten by the protagonist on a poster ruins the dramatic tension and makes the protagonist seem OP.

Attached: Unleash Pain Darth Vader poster.jpg (1080x1600, 613K)

I thought the first part was amusing but then it kept going. Jesus Christ.

>not black and red for maximum edge

Granted, I haven't read them, but why would you do this to yourself?

I agree with OP that Starkiller and Force Unleashed in general was retarded story and "lore" wise.

But here's a big difference:
Force Unleashed was fun.
None of the EA games are.
That alone makes it more worthwhile.

Attached: consider the following.gif (500x385, 496K)

>He hasn't seen the Rise of Skywalker trailer

Attached: 1ooee2.jpg (625x415, 44K)

It cheapens Boba Fett and Vader. My dad listened politely and then told me to stop when I went on too long and started to repeat myself.

Attached: Unleash Anger Boba Fett poster.jpg (1080x1600, 728K)

>devs too retarded to get a joke so Lucas just gives up and moves on

1 was kino but 2 was a rushed soulless cash-grab trying to cash in on the success of 1

Attached: 1543355659001.gif (245x210, 1.84M)

He voiced Sheev in the first game too

He literally isn't a character in the beginning. He's just you. Then when they did flesh him out, they made him Han-turned-Jedi power fantasy, which is something a 6-year-old does.

Hate to go boom boom but did you get the reference or am I really that old?

It didnt actually happen in game if I recall. But I see your point.

Isn't that the result of Starkiller's body being irreparably disfigured and fused with the suit?

presuit starkiller:

Attached: Nightmare Fuel.gif (1200x1600, 459K)

We got Republic Commando out of it, so it's not all bad.

Attached: ok.jpg (302x167, 12K)

I'll take him over Kyp Durron. Fuck I'll take Disney's shit over Kyp Durron. Nothing will ever be as bad as that shit.

Guys...

>promotional posters for the game as a child
>2010 was 9 years ago

Fuck.....

>1 was kino but 2 was a rushed soulless cash-grab trying to cash in on the success of 1

And that's why they never got a 3rd game. Can we just pretend the 2nd isn't canon?

If I recall from old Game Informer mags Lucasarts back in the day was a hegemony ruled by Lucas and a generally pretty shitty place to work. All the good ideas got rejected or modded until George was satisfied. The Force Unleashed was a result of luck or something.

GL signed off on the Mandalorian EU series, then signed off on Clone Wars.

It's probably for the best. Disney would have done him dirty. Now he gets to fuck his Space Asian waifu in our memories forever.

Rebels did have its moments. That five second showdown between Obi-Wan and Maul was fantastic once you realize the choreography that went into it, but I also enjoyed parts of Twilight of the Apprentice as well.
>"Ahsoka."

>no one even attempts to talk back to Lucas in the first place
>"g-guys we weren't allowed to do anything!!"
Based Lucas messing with autistic game devs by fucking up their shitty Darth Maul game

Well, it's not canon now anyway
The game also literally didn't have an ending because they were that certain a third one was in the bag so we'll never know how Darth Vader escaped or what happened to clone Starkiller and his gf

>That five second showdown between Obi-Wan and Maul was fantastic once you realize the choreography that went into it
They choreographed the fights?

Obiwan beat maul in a single strike. What made it so "kino" if you will is that obiwan didnt do it in his own style. He used Quigons.

Still better than Disney shit :^)

Doesn't change the fact that TFU 1&2 are still better than almost everything in the Disney canon.

The original was so good I hate they made him a martyr. Clonekiller didn't have a nearly as compelling motivation

>&2
Now now user...

See The real "kino" part of it was he used Qui-Gon's style deliberately to bait Maul into trying the same move he used to kill Qui-Gon, because Obi-Wan had developed a counter to it. Maul took the bait, and immediately got fucked for it.

I honestly believe that if the entirety of Rebels got that kind of attention to detail, it would have been a fantastic show.

I agree, it had a good ending
Just create a new MC, the original had a full arc

I think the main point that is need to be said is that most people acknowledge that the EU was far from perfect. That amount of freedom allowed people to make some absolutely retarded stuff.

But it also allowed people to make some genuinely great and creative work to. It allowed the universe to expand in near limitless directions with tons of freedom. Some of it sucked but some of it was great. The fun was seeing how people interpreted the world.

But under Disney it's all now part of one homogenized vision. Add insult to injury, said vision isn't even good and is disrespectful and spiteful of Lucas's old work (rumors are spreading it's because Georgie still gets royalties when the old properties are used. It's just a rumor but knowing Disney's history this answers many things) yet ironically is simultaneously too cowardly to be creative and take the IP in bold new directions, with most changes and "subversion's" being purely surface level that don't have any real meaningful substance.

Disney doesn't have the creativity of the EU but doesn't want to share with Lucas to make the franchise go full nostalgiafaggotry. So you just get a lot of nothing.

Attached: daff.png (719x699, 519K)

You mean the Force Gods? The thing that is actually STILL CANON? The one thing that made the least fucking sense yet somehow made it past the canon nuke because it had the hand of Lucas on it?

The Obi-Wan/Maul fight was pretty neat, a satisfying kind of anticlimax. The Ahsoka/Vader parts were great until they decided she couldn't stay dead. Kind of ruins it.

Kota is underrated as fuck

Being less doesn't make Starkiller better than him.

I'm fine with it being axed. What perplexes me is at no point did they ever even attempt to look into that deep well of content that has been building in the EU for years. Instead they just did their own mediocre thing without consideration.

Alright 2 was mediocre but it was at least mercifully short and had a few fun moments.

I thought it was a symbolic codename referring to the fact that his role was to hunt down and kill Jedi.

no, please explain it

He baited Maul with that stance, knowing that Maul would go for the same strike that felled Qui-Gon.

Starkiller was a character. That makes him a better character than someone who is, at first, not a character, then becomes a mary sue with shockingly worse dialog.

No, it's a nod to early, early, early Star Wars back when Luke Skywalker was still Luke Starkiller. That was the original name.

Starkiller's just proto-Luke. That's the mystery.

It was in the Clone Wars show if I recall so yeah.

>Starkiller was a character

Whether you think either one is more of a "character" than the other is subjective.

It's also what Luke's last name was going to be, before they decided that Starkiller was too edgy to use.

JK Rowling is female

Well, you tell me. What were the compelling motivations for Katarn in Dark Forces, a fucking Doom clone?

His power comes from genetics
Both of his parents were force sensitive, that’s why he can pull star destroyers out of the sky

People are mad that they cleancut everything from the EU. Despite there being some really good shit in there. THough im sure other people have said this already.

TFU2 was a bad game, but at least Lucasarts knew how to have fun.
Any studio that gets the license nowadays will also get a tight leash from Disney.

Attached: Guybrush-Threepwood-in-Star-Wars-The-Force-Unleashed-2.jpg (720x405, 58K)

Katarn is the antithesis of Han. He was a member of the Empire, turned traitor, became a merc for hire. Mercenaries are the people they send after smugglers like Han.

>The two truly horrible thing in the PT is the absolute lack of acting direction, added with the over-use of CGI so the actors couldn't even ad-lib the whole thing.
Holy shit, it's a fucking unicorn; someone who actually thinks Lucas' dialogue is good.

It was more he was becoming Galen through midichlorians or some shit. It didnt make sense but the entire game was "lets do cool shit and have fun". But at least it wasnt a total asspull...just a partial one. And Starkiller helping inspire the Rebel Ensignia was an ok twist.

>The old (real) EU is dead and buried
>Every new Disney movie is worse than the last
>The only two real games we've gotten since the buyout were lootbox filled garbage
>New books are garbage except for maybe Lost Stars
>New comics are all shit except that Darth Vader one
>The force is female
>Original Star Wars nerds are misogynistic racists now

Please someone just shoot me in the fucking face

Attached: 8c4f1252590c9994de2fd263008159de33fb8e599728aafbf8857f459649b144.gif (485x228, 2.41M)

see
He was a mercenary hired to do a job. It's painfully obvious you're underage and never played the games you're whining about.

I don't give a shit about Disney Star Wars and I haven't seen TLJ due to it's reputation but I can attest that she does have a personality and character role in TFA.

She's Luke with a vagina.
The young wide-eyed kid who wants more in their life and gets in the middle of some shit and learns to step-up.

Now you can make the argument it was handled like shit, which is totally fair and I agree with you. But you can't just call any character you like to "not have character". It's disingenuous and the sort of shit that makes people think Star Warsfags are autistic.

NuStar Wars sucks dick for many reasons, why make up one's?

Absolutely fucking Based.

>Now you can make the argument it was handled like shit, which is totally fair and I agree with you.
It really was, mostly her picking up actual force powers so fast when even Luke could barely do the most basic shit. I don't fault her for beating Kylo Ren though. Nigga took a Wookiee boltcaster directly to the chest; the real bullshit is that somehow didn't kill him.

Star Wars was never good beyond 1 okay film, 1 great film and a couple of vidya.

Star Wars is the Sonic the Hedgehog of sci-fi.

I was talking about Katarn, user.
He was a rogue anti-hero turned Jedi, you autists. I didn't mean he was literally Han.
Here, have this gem, which is measurably worse than anything Starkiller did which, I should remind you, isn't good. youtube.com/watch?v=8eYANZVApUg

>It really was, mostly her picking up actual force powers so fast when even Luke could barely do the most basic shit.
See there you go. That WAS retarded. I absolutely 100% agree with you that shit was fucking dumb. And there's more examples you can probably find throughout both films.

You can still complain about a character being horseshit while staying honest and objective.

Robot chicken was always kinda shitty. Seth Green was always a faggoty hipster nostalgia nerd since Buffy but occasionally older eps had some humorous cringe.

youtu.be/jn_J425eo3Q

The extended universe BEFORE starkiller was pretty amazing. Dash Rendar. The adventures of Boba Fett after he escapes the Sarlac Pit, the original Jedi embracing both light and dark. Multi-colored lightsaber crystals, the original republic. DARK FORCES.

Starkiller being canon was probably the reason they had to kill it.

Attached: giphy (7).gif (480x480, 3.53M)

>I was talking about Katarn, user.
Well fuck, my bad user.

Attached: my mistake.jpg (193x261, 11K)

>le "Insert franchise here" was never good meme.

Go to bed kid, summer is ending soon.

Attached: c85.jpg (680x665, 37K)

Fun fact, Shadow the Hedgehog, Prince if Persia 2, and this game all came out within a span of like 1 year. It was the era of the edge.

>This magical realm shit is canon.

Attached: 1457076302851 2.jpg (2048x1536, 746K)

And what exactly is the thing that was "worse than anything Starkiller did"?

Name a scene in the PT that could have been saved by a clever writer. You can't change the storyboard unless you keep every element in scene at some point.

Is the video not loading?

Attached: jags.gif (236x224, 1.89M)

>kyle katarn mad about his dead dad
>kyle katarn in the hospital
>kyle katarn and his adopted droid brother
I don't understand what point you're trying to make

What are some good SW Extended UNiverse books for someone who has seen the prequels and originals?

Attached: 1504876560776.jpg (324x600, 75K)

Darth Angrypenis

Nah what killed it was the sheer volume of the EU. Do you have any idea how much shit there is on just Vader alone? For a company newly acquiring Star Wars, managing the current EU would be the stuff of nightmares. I can totally get why they'd rather start over.

You didn't even play it, huh?

He didn't beat Palpatine. And it was an utterly fantastic game. Shame the sequel never got finished and we got left with 60% of a game or so.

And the story was fine, if anyone was going to defeat Vader aside from Luke it would someone he trained himself. So are you saying he's shit at training someone, an INTEGRAL part of being a Sith? Remember he was actively looking for someone he could take out the Emperor with and said as much in ESB. Also keep in mind as strong as Vader is he's always at 50% of his potential once he becomes Vader due to the heinous injuries he suffered.

Story still fits fine in canon, and there's literally nobody alive that can tell me otherwise. Not you low intelligence dummies or Disney, neither of you mean anything to me.

The game exists and there's NOTHING you can do about it.

People have been saying the franchise went to shit since Return of the Jedi.

Now you fags are actually beginning to suck the Prequel films dick out of pure spite because Disney films are also shit.

Name a fandom more deluded.

He was really cool, I agree. At the time the concept of a rouge surviving Jedi commanding a militia against the empire was really novel. He reminds me of Dads Jennir.

Thawn. Whatever books the Yuuzhan Vong were in. The latter is especially important as it proved in the old canon that Sidious was one of the most 3 Dimensional characters in the series.

It's not a good game. Take your nostalgia blinders off.

>I hate sand

The game if utterly fantastic and even won awards for its writing. I feel sorry for your under 18 mind.

Nigga I'm not talking about scene rewrites, I'm talking dialogue. As in the characters talking.

That being said, if you did remove Vader's "NOOOOOOO" from Revenge of the Sith and replaced it with just him silently breaking shit in pure fury like he does when Boba gives him the name "Skywalker", that scene would have been much better. Hell IIRC the comic actually DOES rewrite that into Vader trying to strangle Palpatine who has to bullshit his way out of it.

I've always like the prequels.

Attached: 1521502430952 2.png (1366x2014, 431K)

good cole or evil cole?

>First paragraph was kinda funny
>Then it goes on for THREE WHOLE PAGES
I can't believe disney wars literal canon brapposting

Attached: TACHYOOOON.jpg (1920x1080, 1.37M)

The only non-autistic character in Starwars was Han Solo and they unceremoniously pushed him off a ledge

Literally the nu-developers like Jewjew Abrams were like "HEY YOU LIKE THIS CHARACTER RIGHT? FUCK YOU OUR NEW WOKE ORIGINAL CHARACTERS ARE WAY BETTER"

Attached: Wide-Smile.gif (500x300, 852K)

Nigga I've played Dark Forces 2 to death, there's really nothing there that's even remotely as egregious as Starkiller. He's a trained mercenary who happens to be Force-sensitive who explicitly receives guidance on how to awaken to it. He kills a few Dark Jedi and then completes his training later under Luke.

You're right, user. Katarn is a really good character.

>Yuuzhan Vong
Now this is some trolling.

Unlike Force Unleashed the Vong are actually 100% unworthy of being canon.

>Hurr we're IMMUNE to the Force
>Hurr we are all such AMAZING warriors just one of us can kill multiple Jedi at once
>Hurr our armor it lightsaber proof
>Hurr we can engineer xenomorphs from the alien franchise and have them use the Force, actually they're xenomorphs 2.0 because if they sustain any injury at all they emit NERVE GAS everywhere
>Hurr our guns shoot BLACK HOLES
>Hurr we already defeated the Empire long ago and Sidious was actually planning on leaving the galaxy because of how powerful we all are

I kind of want to read in order if possible. Is Thrawn part of the new canon or old stuff?

Congrats user, you have shit taste and further prove my point SWfags have no standards.

Damnit dont remind me. Kylo had so much potential. I wanted his edgy faggot ass to be the protag and bring Sith Rule to the galaxy.

Ide hardly say I love the prequals I dont really love any movies but I dont think I have ever truly understood why it is so hated. Like ive seen the plinket reviews and shit but im still not sure I get it. He seemed to think the movies were boring and to political. In fact I get a kind of quasi feeling people are just mad that it was the original 3 again. Again I have no strong feelings for star wars. I just love Empire at war thats why im here. Gotta love the Zann consortium baby.

The sad thing is the Vong had a fantastic base concept in that they proved that the Star Wars galaxy wasn't the only place where shit happened. It was just done so poorly.

What do you recommend then?

Old.

Bait. If I recall he made the Empire and the Death Star just to last stand those xeno faggots.

What happened?

>Old Republic Era:
Tales of the Jedi Comic Series
Darth Bane Novels
Revan Novel

>Prequel Era:
Darth Plagueis
Shatterpoint
Revenge of the Sith Novelization

>Original Trilogy Era:
Shadows of the Empire
Kenobi
OT Novelizations

>New Republic Era
Thrawn Trilogy
X-Wing Novel Series
I, Jedi

>New Jedi Order Era:
Vector Prime
Traitor
Star By Star

Anything after that I can't help you since I didn't read any further than that.

The idea of them hating technology and seeing it as a force of evil was pretty neat I admit. The fact they were able to navigate the stars with nothing but bio engineered stuff was neat.

what the fuck is this shit

Anybody had that bug that gave you unlimited force and Health ? Happened to me on the ps3 version, it was hilariously broken with lightning shield.
Litteraly unlimited power.

Attached: 1560666609164.png (1920x816, 2.36M)

The movies and Clone Wars were at the top and the only thing George actually considered canon. The EU was just licensing stuff that he had suggestion and veto power over and while he enjoyed the material, he never really considered it his story.

That said, they should definitely do some sort of re-imagining of Shadows of the Empire at some point because that was one of George's favorite EU storylines, to the point where he wishes he had that story back in the 80s to make a movie out of it.

The Vong are still better than Disney Shit.

It was three shit films. Simple as that.
Maybe the absolute seething and hatred SWfags gave it at first was a bit much but overall they're just plain bad films with mostly poor acting, dialogue and humor with some exceptions for some actors/characters who couldn't hold the entire trilogy together as much as they tried.

Go on then; Save the scene

You can't. The premise is broken to start with; They shouldn't need to make inane small talk that way. It's a conversation that belongs with kid Annie, not an adult.

Vader's anguish is more pronounced in the PT because he doesn't turn on anyone but himself. He realizes he's been played by Sidious, and he's brought about the very premonition he desired to escape.

Sidious shouldn't have to bullshit his way out of the scene: Vader knows he's simply the enabler. It's Anakin's own decisions that lead him to the point where he's Sidious' pawn, and he's too broken to fight back.

Sidious is not some bumbling goon: He saved Vader the way he did entirely for purpose, to bind him to his will utterly as he recognizes any life he will be permitted to continue will entirely be at his master's graces.

>#notmystarkiller

Attached: Bendak Starkiller.jpg (1024x768, 215K)

>Any studio that gets the license nowadays will also get a tight leash from Disney
You can blame EA for that. They're the ones who tried to microtransaction the shit out of the last game and managed to pull all the wrong kinds of traction with Disney management.

Attached: 1417549823705.jpg (475x356, 42K)

see

>Genndy Wars Grievous is a scary killing machine
>Every other version feels weak and neutered compared to him

It became standard to hate the prequels as a baseline without giving any thought into it. I always see it as you can like it or not, but just at least have your own opinions. Don't just reiterate what a youtuber said or like it because it has the Star Wars title on it.

>Bait. If I recall he made the Empire and the Death Star just to last stand those xeno faggots.
He had plans to abandon the galaxy if they failed and believed they would in fact fail. And they would have. It took thousands of Jedi (Though 99% of them die) to ultimately win the war.

The EU provided all that extra context for anyone who was curious about the various histories of planets, the planet cracking industries on which their economies operated.

Now we just have a flat, paper cut out version of star wars. The Empire has no relatable motives anymore. They just do "evil things" and heil Hitler or something.

Demonizing all the empire as an analog to nazis/ white nationalists was the dumbest marketing move. People LOVE the empire. They have fucking mechs, robots, and dope ships. They exist in clean bustling cities with flying cars. You know some retarded studio exec was like "make the empire nazis this time lmao so everyone will know that they're the bad guys"

Vong almost got into Filoni Clone Wars and apparently Disney Wars books have repurposed them into a new race called the Grysk but got rid of the bio-engineering gimmick.

I don’t know why but in the PS2 version Starkiller holds his lightsaber normally instead of his reverse grip.

Do you really think any other studio would get more free reign than EA? They even took down DLC for Soulcalibur IV because Disney doesn't like crossovers they don't have full control of.

>Revan Novel
Fuck off

There's almost no limit to what you can do with organic matter once you really learn how to make DNA from the ground up. We'll probably have semi organic cars and shit in the future that can automatically repair themselves as long as you feed them.

>Muh execution
Yes, it had some neat ideas and were genuinely creative. But creativity and trying your best doesn't all of a sudden make a film good.

Sometimes actors and writers aren't in their A-game or if they are weren't good to begin with and make a mess of shit.

Saying "it was the executions fault" is like saying "Well the people behind are good idea guys". But sorry to say user, idea guy's are the most useless people in the world.

Consequences of Genndy only being given early concept art and a vague description of "Jedi Killer that uses four sabers at once" to go off of.

Yeah that's one of the coolest things about us mapping DNA right now and figuring out what does what. To one day engineer our own stuff.

What's wrong with the Revan novel? Is it better to play KOTOR?

It fucks up his entire character just to set up a shitty questline in TOR

It would have been better if he slowly became detached as a discovery of himself. Like he was like "yeah I killed the younglings, it was pretty funny" instead of "ABLOOBLOOBLOOBLOO I'M SI SENSITIVE THAT'S WHY I KILLED THE YOUNGLINGS"

To be fair the stoic Jedi Hunter was a way fucking cooler version then Lucas'
>LE DIEEEEEEEE JEDI SCUM!!!!! *GENERIC LAUGH*

TFU consulted with George Lucas. Starkiller is Lucas-Canon

Are you me?

OH...That novel. user is wise. Stay away. They do our boy dirty in TOR user.

You mean was.

>Starkiller getting SUPER MAD and pulling a star destroyer out of the sky
People blow that whole scene out of proportion. It was already falling from orbit, Starkiller just pulled it down faster so that it wouldn't land right on top of him

Lucas' Star Wars was built on classic archetypes, and villains are pathetic and deserve pathetic deaths.

No. Hold on let me find that greentext that user did you might like it...

It would have been better if he just double downed on self righteousness

Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

user. Are you a Western Dev? Thats some Nu-game logic. I grant you "muh evuls" is fun sometimes it mostly depends on the execution and how easy to hate and not cringe at the same time a character is. Nu-Grevious was cringe and thats why he was hated. He had no redeeming features like being despised for his actions by the fandom or being a cool stoic Jedi Hunter.

I like this opinion

Attached: 1560296098787.jpg (1280x720, 100K)

They are better than than Disney Wars by default and gave us some of the best EU material but other than they are pretty mediocre on their own. And I'm saying this as someone who grew up watching them and is nostalgic as fuck for them.

>Vader's anguish is more pronounced in the PT because he doesn't turn on anyone but himself. He realizes he's been played by Sidious, and he's brought about the very premonition he desired to escape.
And he still realizes this in the comic, it's just that instead, he lashes out at the architect of it all, which lashing out at someone else with violence is a very Anakin/Vader thing to do.
>Sidious shouldn't have to bullshit his way out of the scene: Vader knows he's simply the enabler. It's Anakin's own decisions that lead him to the point where he's Sidious' pawn, and he's too broken to fight back.
Exactly. Too broken to give a fuck if he's alive or dead. In the comic when he nearly dies, nearly all his voices tell him to just give in and die. This puts him and Sidious in a weird stalemate. Vader could kill Sidious, but he'd die in the attempt. Sidious wants Vader gone, but knows if he pushes Vader too far, Vader's sheer self-loathing and apathy will push him to attack Sidious without regard to his life which, thanks to that Rule of 2 concept, means the Sith would be fucked because those two are in a M.A.D. situation, and Sidious for all his traits, is a genuine believer in Sith philosophy, including Rule of 2. So Sidious does have to bullshit because in that moment, Vader does not care at all if he dies or not, and the future of the Sith is indirectly at risk.
>Sidious is not some bumbling goon: He saved Vader the way he did entirely for purpose, to bind him to his will utterly as he recognizes any life he will be permitted to continue will entirely be at his master's graces.
He's not a bumbling goon, but he also realizes that he has to keep a very delicate balance in keeping Vader under his thumb, but not enough that Vader just goes "fuck it." Use the stick too much and it stops being effective. Push Vader too far, and they both die.

Yes, I'd force lightning storm troopers for like two minutes straight some times.

>Nu-Grevious
There is no "Nu" Grievous, this is how the character was always meant to be portrayed. Not to mention he debuted mere months after Genndy Wars ended so I don't know how "Nu" anyone would consider him.

Don't lie, you liked it when he pulls the star destroyer down.

I thought I was the only one. The XP bar busted out of the HUD and stretched across to the other side of the screen.

I didn't mind it. Hell, there was an EU character long before that force pushed a whole fleet of Star Destroyers. Granted, he basically dies of a brain aneurysm afterwards.

Why are you fags mad that this stupid shit was retconned? The lore is A LOT more consistent now and there isn't ridiculous differences in power level.

Attached: cokeisnowcanon.jpg (889x678, 116K)

The prequels were bad movies but good stories upon closer inspection. I remember reading the novel version of ep3 and thinking it surpassed the movie in every way. They also offered a compelling universe with new environments, species, and a concrete vision of the Jedi, Sith, and clone wars. Before the prequels those things were just throw away references from Uncle Ben

this is objectively correct.
zoomer children defending disney is laughable

Attached: 1451495144797.gif (168x179, 29K)

Agreed. Cripple samurai was a concerningly underused concept in Star Wars, given Lucas' inspirations.

>found it. Its cringy tho
Kylo should have been the main character. Pasta time.

>Be young padiwan whose parents aren't getting along
>Be EXTREMELY force sensitive due to being blood related to a being born of the Force.
>Grow up under the tutelage of Luke Skywalker
>Be taught in the new Jedi Arts and learn to use my emotions as well as learn control
>What he needs is fucking therapy to deal with his Dad leaving
>Guess what he doesn't get
>Only learns the unhealthy method of supression to control his emotions
>Becomes emo in his teens(the sappy kind)
>Begins to notice how fucking stupid the new Republic is
>Crime is rampant due to the lack of a strong hand to purge them instead of "arrestings"
>Because they have weak roots from the old Empire obviously
>Protects and is charitable and is taught to care for the less fortunate by Luke
>Nothing wrong with this but...
>Time spent with Luke shows how FUCKING DEPENDENT THE REPUBLIC IS ON HIM
>They can't solve major problems without the "force"
>Feels this is wrong
>Feels society is wrong (partially because teen but actually correct to be emo in this case)
>Jedi teachings teach him to help
>Research glorius old Republic
>It was even worse
>And the Jedi had the same,power over the Republic that they do now!
>On purpose!
>Wait... Is... Luke doing this on purpose!?
>NIGGA WAT!?
>The Galaxy (and the Force possibly) is in peril if the light side IS the dark side
>I need to tell,someone...
>But,what if Luke is in on it...
>Instead keeps feelings and,fear hidden
>Is a master of this
>Luke cant glimpse his true insecurties can only tell(guess) his emotions are leading to the "Dark Side"
>Kylo researches the force in preperation for the worst
>Discovers the Knights of Ren
>Badass Sith balance keepers
>Wait... Wasnt his grandad a Sith?
>And restored the balance
>All his issues come,to a head
>Has what we call a MENTAL BREAKDOWN
>Idolizes Vader now
>Tries to,find the knights of Ren
>Feels... Something in the Force

Attached: 1480977136807.jpg (270x144, 5K)

Pretty cool, i dueled Palapatine so many time with just force power.
Exactly, found a vid.
youtu.be/GAFgIFSZtT8?t=52

Attached: 1561302898982.png (1280x720, 772K)

this can't be real

>Get guided to a distant part of the galaxy
>Meet the fabled Knights of Ren
>Sith Master Snoke sees something in Kylo
>Interrogates him(gently mind)
>Kylo's stories confirm what he felt in the Force himself
>The balance has ended and the pendelum is swinging in another direction
>But if too much Sith means order...
>Then... Too much Jedi...
>Uh oh
>It is time for the Knights to fufill their duty
>They need a fucking army
>Kylo tells of Empire Loyalists who are struggling to survive but are well resourced
>Snoke reaches out via the force
>Kylo is taken as an Acolyte
>Is taught the horrible truths of the Force and his own society
>Break the Cutie is an understatement
>Kylo becomes loyal to Snoke who is actually helping Kylo work through his emotions
>Kylo learns ancient Force technigues
>Learns of Darth Sidious' efforts to bring order and stop the...
>Wait thats LEGENDS NOW...(fuck you Disney)
>Bring order and thats it
>His master Plaguis was a badass(hopefully still canon)
>Years go by
>Luke arrives major wtf moment
>Kylo rejects him wholly but can't kill him
>Is allowed to escape
>Is chastised for his insolence but Snoke speaks in his defense as his training must still continue
>The last of The Empire arrives
>Instaloyal to Snoke
>Snoke renames them the First Order tells Kylo to lead them in order to help hia training and gifts him a new lightsaber
>The First Order hands Kylo a gift that Snoke asks for... Vader's helmet

But lolno Kylo iz a muhsoggykneest weakling who gets owned by serpior gurrlpowah!
I hate the new canon.
Make Kylo the main character!
>this was back when the script and twist got leaked to Yea Forums.

The prequels and new ones are awesome
The old shit its aweful and borring af gramps
Try to keep up

Disney's workaround to sell Coke in Galaxy's Edge

How broken is the PC version? I feel like replaying it now

everything in Galaxy's Edge is technically canon

>Writers Mary Sue power fantasy gone too far

Cringe. Writers like this don't deserve a job in this field.

Pretty glad that shit was retconned, honestly

Koda was a fuckin cool dude, though. Gary "Starkiller" Stu can rotnin legends hell, though.

NO! FUCK!!! WHY!?

Attached: 1565551733971.png (213x236, 127K)

>an altered version of the beverage called Diet Coke was available
DISNEY CANT KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

Plays like shit on a mouse and keyboard from what I remember but it was a long time ago.

>Gary Stu
>gets repeatedly beaten up, tricked, stabbed, betrayed, outsmarted, sees all of his friends/relatives die in front of his eyes, is always too dumb to realize he's about to get fucked, gets all of his allies captured, gets on the good side and fully realize the horrors he committed, have multiple mental breakdowns, dies a gruesome death
>after death he gets cloned, tirelessly experimented on, rehashed in a sequel, dies again, gets cucked by himself

He's was just very strong.

Attached: 4L_CIFWySis.jpg (122x125, 3K)

I liked it when they made /tg/ canon but yeah, that shit is just rotten

Attached: dice.png (726x405, 89K)

Attached: I'm not dying alone.webm (1152x720, 1.27M)

>not ignoring everything that you don't like and having a shitload of headcannon

Empire at War was pretty great. Modding gold as well, with a ton of new content.

Guys I kinda want that thermal detonator

Heh. Telekinesis was fun.

Both versions of Star Tours were canon in Legends too.

Sidious did not follow the rule of 2 and did not follow any Sith philosophy. He saught essence transfer to break the cycle of the Sith. There would be only him in the end. At least according to Plagueius novel

He did get the girl at the very end though. And he cant cuck himself so much as regain lost property.

Dare I ask, what was Star Tours?

It ended today actually

I'm trying to stick by mostly what is currently canon, but if we're including EU in it, yeah Vader's got no chance. Current!Sidious is far, far more devout than EU!Sidious.

For me, classes start the 26th but I'm in graduate school so it might be different for college students.

Maybe you can't cuck yourself, but you surely can get cucked by your own clone.

Shit that was non canon? It feels like it came out after the disney purchase. Bane is non canon too right? What a shame

He was his clone...somehow. I forgot the asspull in detail but there WAS an asspull.

Yeah it was one of the last things to come out of the old EU; Jan 2012, Disney got Star Wars in October.

Holy fuck that was 7 years ago.

Yur hunting jedi

Attached: rat.jpg (1280x720, 38K)

That's not his love interest, right? Please tell me that's not her because what I remember her looking like is a lot better.

The Star Wars ride that Disney has had in various parks since 1987 based around space buses driven by incompetent droids.

The original was set sometime after ROTJ where a rookie pilot droid voiced by Pee Wee Herman overshoots in taking you to Endor and ends up helping blow up a third Death Star hastily built by the Imperial Remnant. They decided to throw the Pee Wee Droid into Galaxy's Edge as a DJ at the Cantina.

Around 2011, they redid it as a prequel story set between 3 and 4 with a randomizer feature to allow for planets and situations from both trilogies where C-3PO accidentally gets put in the pilot's chair while you carry Rebel spies to a hidden base. It played really loose with that continuity and they basically stopped caring entirely when they started throwing in Sequel Trilogy material, though they've since segregated the Sequel Trilogy stuff from the original six movies.

His clone was actually the original one?
That's retarded

Either way he died again at the end, only to be replaced by yet another clone

Not that user but Bane is still canon. Only because he was in an episode of Clone Wars though.

youtube.com/watch?v=fDp8E444-ZI

Clone Wars> OT

Attached: 1555388609992.webm (1130x480, 2.55M)

Force Unleashed needed to compete with DMC and God of War which were both stupid and over the top to the extreme. There was no room for subtlety that the Star War franchise kinda needs.

>Pee Wee Herman Droid blowing up a Death Star
>THEY GOT RID OF THIS
Words fail my rage at missing this as a kid. Fuck my mother unironically.

Attached: tenor (3).gif (498x280, 1.9M)

She does have a jaw, but no, that's more just one of those "in motion" screencaps where it's going to look retarded no matter what.

Attached: Juno_StarWars_-240x240.jpg (240x240, 11K)

No his clone was possessed by the original one through some flashback hivemind shit.

The ride was awesome. The queue TO the ride was even better.

wasn't it always what if fan fiction?

Well, that's a side effect of having one character written by so many different people at different times. As a whole, though, he was an interesting character whose fall to the dark side felt somewhat tangible and progressive with an actual narrative payoff, and didn't rely on an obsession with Vader coupled with vague ideas about the "pull of the dark side" or an poorly written, poorly justified character assassination of one of Sci-fi's most treasured protagonists.

It was set in an alternate timeline that was approved by Lucas to bridge the gap between episodes 3 and 4. So yeah, fanfiction but approved by word of god

Fuck me how so?

There was a lot of shit in the EU, but then Disney just went ahead and took a bigger shit on it anyway. And with none of the gold that made the EU great from time to time.

No fucking way this isnt satire

>unironic brapposting

Holy fuck

Conceit of the ride was that you were in a mundane starport as a tourist, so you wind through all kinds of shit like droid and ship maintenance bays with promotional travel posters to Bespin and Endor and shit all while a Star Wars-theme airport-esque informational video played on monitors. It was just magical. youtube.com/watch?v=qtZ-tDvsaGU

Dark Forces 2:Jedi Knight was amazing. Just how fucking young and stupid are you?

Damnit...just no.

Attached: 1555193110437.jpg (1600x1392, 132K)

>HAD

Attached: 1564212790794.png (378x406, 247K)

>Wojack poster
>Underage retard who never heard of Star Tours
Neck yourself.

Excuse me for desiring more then what I was alotted in life.

The first one was fucking good

Yeah, it's really good. Katarn is a super-fleshed out character.

Yep. When the second game was at 50% completion the guy in charge was fired for some reason and the new guy placed there immediately went and fired like 50% of the staff and them get the game ready for release...what a shitshow.

From what I heard, Thrawn sounds like a very masturbatory character, do you need to have autism to find him tolerable?

Kind of. What makes Thrawn so retard OP is that unlike literally every other officer we'd seen until then, Thrawn had a shred of common sense. At the time of the Thrawn trilogy it was just the OT, where every fucking Imperial Officer was retard evil. Phantom Menace wouldn't be out for another half decade.

I suppose to put it into context; Thrawn would've considered blowing up Alderaan to be beyond retarded and not done it, meaning that the Rebellion never gets really pissed off instead of demoralized. Realistically it's not much, but the bar's pretty low to begin with.

Thrawn is top tier by start wars standards. Which is not a very high measure.

>people now like TFU and are nostalgic over it
You all deserve being force choked, those games where garbage, at least the "next gen" versions, don't know about the others

When he's just being a genius tactician he's fine. Like the version of him that showed up in the Rebels show was done rather well aside from not having enough time to really get into him.

The original book version fans of him can't be trusted to be honest. He had those stupid fucking pet ysalimir or whatever that could turn off the Force so he could capture Luke and the like...shit was pure cringe. Real fans of him should be shit talking that dumb shit every time they mention him by law.

When you go out of the way by giving him the ability to negate Force users you've gone too far up your own ass and discarded your brain.

It was retconned?

I though it just had name and pronouns changed to rey (of hope)

Attached: iStock_000000618052Medium.jpg (992x740, 66K)

I'm not the only one that finds the hilt light saber retarded right?
Hilts are meant to protect your dam hand not slice em off.

>implying Disney can decide what is/isn't canon

Are you going to argue that the new shit isn't as equally or even fucking stupider?

Attached: 1415763324367.jpg (652x456, 79K)

>Star Wars takes direct inspiration from Japanese ronin movies
>Jedi are directly based on samurai aesthetic
>Lucas wanted ronin star Toshiro Mifune to play Obi-Wan
>lightsaber combat is clearly based on Japanese swordsmanship

whoops
>"LOL JUST A BIG FUCKING CROSSGUARD ON LIKE IT'S A WESTERN CLAYMORE"

They're vents. To make a long story short, Kylo Ren didn't get proper training so he made a shoddy saber. You know how in the actual movie Ren's saber is constantly crackling? It's unstable as hell, so the vent crossguards are there to compensate.

So why does that faggot have the same lightsaber hilt bullshit?
Didn't he make a light saber before with luke when he was being trained?
He couldn't just make another one huh?

Did they purposely train him wrong?

>We're at the point that even the prequels are viewed fondly
I guess Disney's trilogy must really be that bad

Explain the blue lightsaber, then. Did he have someone make it for him?
There's so much "WELL ABOUT THAT!" Bullshit in nu-star wars that it made Lucas look fucking Machiavellian.

Attached: 1434514220499.jpg (442x447, 34K)

Rebels, I admit I never got too far into that, so I couldn't give you a genuine answer there that isn't bullshit, sorry about that. As for Kylo, he probably had a training saber. Building an actual lightsaber is a rite of passage and doesn't take place until you're far in your training. So less trained wrong, and more everything went down before it got that far.

Well they're silly.

What this user said
Clearly the nig had a lightsaber. "Training lightsaber" isn't a thing as far as I remember they'd give you a vibroblade of some sort to train with at the worse.
Even then why the fuck does he keep using the broken one if he can just go make another one?
Lightsabers may be crafted and special to the user in a unique way but if a lightsaber is damaged, broken, or misplaced you can always make a new one.

>There's so much "WELL ABOUT THAT!" Bullshit in nu-star wars that it made Lucas look fucking Machiavellian.
Yes and no. Both Lucas and Abrams are world builders. They're great for setting a foundation and explaining little things. It's narratives that they suffer at. I genuinely believe if you sat Lucas down and had him make a setting for a Tabletop campaign, it'd be a really good setting.

Ask him to DM for you though, and things tend to go downhill.

>Abrams
>world building
lolno
he's good at characterization and setting up interesting premises that go nowhere, that's it. the fundamental problem with TFA and Nu-Wars is that the universe doesn't make sense. there is no reason for the first order to have the resources they do, there is no reason for the resistance to be underfunded. the universe is tiny with Rey and Finn and then Han randomly bumping into each other.
Lucas never made anything that couldn't be explained.

>Star Wars Galaxy has millions of worlds you can actually live on.
>Everyone just joins a fledgling New Republic even though a good portion of them probably did well under the Empire.
>Lol we need to rap up this civil war in favor of 30+ In-universe years of political wish fulfillment.
>They just had one BIG EPIC battle that you don't even get to see over Not-Tatooine.
>New Republic Navy is a skeleton fleet at best.
>Other systems apparently don't even maintain their own Defense Fleets.
>No contingency plan for outside threats, like emergency fleet rally points or the like.
>No security, no benefits outside of "Freedom", and a revival of the old, horribly corrupted bureaucracy that plagued the Old Republic.
It makes the Alliance to Restore the Republics end-goal look like "Mon-Mothma wants to play pretty princess." instead of an actual government built on democracy.

Attached: 1412899516645.png (256x256, 80K)

Why the fuck does the new republic need a "resistance" they are the new military are they not? fuck whoever wrote the exact same shit as A New Hope

strawman, you know why people are mad, they retconned decades of perfectly good lore so they could rewrite it as marxist propaganda

It was made to be a deliberate retread of ANH with marketing glazing the whole thing over. Had Lucas been at the helm, it would have been something radically different under "shadows of the sith", probably dealing with the legacy/mysteries of the Sith with good lore building along the way.

Han Solo died because Harrison Ford refused to do the movie if he didn't.

>only like 2 sfm porn vids with her

feels bad man

Attached: 1542560786003.jpg (540x500, 39K)

Gary Stues are much more forgivable since its ok for men to be hurt and beaten on screen

If it were to ever happen for whatever reason in any new SW media, Rey would beat Darth Vader in a fight and that bothers me.

Attached: 656.jpg (184x184, 8K)

>dark side is cool
>empire is cool

GET PUNCHED

Attached: boiiiiiiiega.jpg (1432x1252, 459K)

This looks like vintage gay porn.

Is this Wendig?

Attached: wendig.jpg (668x398, 38K)

We need a new crusade already.

Attached: deusvult.jpg (500x422, 136K)

>white supremacist
>(human)

What did they mean by this?

We wuz rebels and shieet.

who gives a shit about starkiller mcedgelord
Kyle fucking Katarn was the real chad and he got replaced with an objectively worse substitute

I'm sure as shit not. Starkiller fucking sucked and so did his games. I only care about Kyle Katarn and Dash Rendar.
Is Exar Kun still canon?

Nope

Man Disney fucking stinks