Went full melee knight, breezed through the 1-1 boss, armor spider destroys me...

Went full melee knight, breezed through the 1-1 boss, armor spider destroys me, every guide says lol use ranged for every boss
am I fucked or can I beat the game being a knight

Attached: Demon's_Souls_Cover.jpg (290x343, 40K)

Yes, you can. I did it my first playthrough mostly blind.
You've just got to suck it up and time moving up as best you can on armor spider.

Good times are coming, I promise. Flamelurker, one of the hated bosses, is genuinely easier pure melee if you've gotten good by then. Dodge roll and punish.
I was so surprised afterwards going online and seeing so many people had struggled with that thing.
God damn I wish I could play it for the first time again.

You can beat the game being a knight, you just have to play carefully. For Armor Spider you should be focusing on getting up into his grill and shielding unless he's charging his super blast.

melee is fine. ranged is just easier like in every souls game.

Im really enjoying it I just keep hitting walls where I can't farm souls enough compared to DaS so I just feel under leveled also still using the kite shield and the spear and I feel like I'm not properly equipped also still slow rolling

You're reading guides written by faggots. You can totally beat the Armor Spider with melee attacks.

Armor Spider is a little bitch, just keep trying. first run through it probably took me the most tries out of any boss bar Maneaters.

Don't worry so much about leveling, more important to lighten that load.
Blocking and successful rolls are way more important to develop than having heavy armor.

can you play this on RPCS3 with a dualshock 2

Armor Spider is just a shit design

If it touches you you get fucked with giga slowdown

It has infinite stamina and hits like a truck at low level

There's a nook near the entrance where you can just spam cast/arrows at it, every boss can and deserves to be cheesed for such poor programming

Not your fault if the spider doesn't get off its fast ass to kill you in a place it already laid a web

>am I fucked or can I beat the game being a knight

git gud

Attached: Umbasa.jpg (500x667, 68K)

>He didn't pick the objectively best SL1 character like in every souls game. In this game in particular you would have gotten a free magic bolt you could have spammed on it.
SAD

Run up to its face and bait out, dodge and then punish the melee attacks. Run to the safe spot when the spider starts the big fire attack.

>Reading guides before playing a game
Fucking zoomers kys

Attached: Angel's_Egg.png (384x406, 249K)

The Armor Spider can only get one free hit with the webbing since the flames will burn it away. It has enough time between attacks for players to regain stamina and dodge, and it's an early game boss, so a clever nook for cover is reasonable.

>objectively best SL1 character like in every souls game
Royal is a good class, but I'd hardly say that pyromancer is the best class in DaS1. Pyromancy itself is great, but every class can get pyromancy by the time you kill Capra.

old games require you to do that more than anything, maybe you're just dumb old man

>Can't figure out a game by playing it
>Calls others dumb
lmao

Attached: Flintsones.jpg (750x750, 104K)

It's the fact you get the most control over stat allocation + having instant access to a spell you can use as a crutch in early game that makes them good.

I can guarantee that you have never beaten La Mulana.

Theoretically you're right, but it's more complex than that. For starters, if you're build doesn't require 12 or more strength, then pyro is an inefficient pick. Also if you're not running any spells in your build, then something like warrior or bandit would be a much better choice, since those classes have less invested in ATT/INT/FAI. Also the early game doesn't really need a crutch, unless it's your first playthrough.

>For starters, if you're build
fuck, *your

RPS3 says "boot successful" for demons souls but nothing is starting. any help?