Nintendo Switch Emulator

Are you surprised by the progress it's making?

Super Mario Odyssey is already nearly fully playable, complete with amped up 8K resolution:

youtube.com/watch?v=pbL2otfek8Q

And online multiplayer is available with Parsec, and performs quite well:

youtube.com/watch?v=q9lV1JFW6-M

I remember less than a year ago, games looked like a jumbled mess of broken graphics, but many of them are already fully playable, including Pokemon Let's Go, Diablo III and Bayonetta 2. It shouldn't be long before both Mario Odyssey and Smash Ultimate are fully playable too.

Attached: yuzu_emulator.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9IaBKHnIx9M
pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Vulkan_games
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA
yuzu-emu.org/game/xenoblade-chronicles-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

does yuzu even boot smash ultimate yet?

nintenfats SEETHING

Fuck nint0ddlers and fuck moralfags
Pirates rise up

Watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=9IaBKHnIx9M

Can't wait for Fire emblem to be playable

>Super Mario Odyssey is already nearly fully playable
I've been reading this it's been at least one year

Have they implemented a Vulkan rendering pipeline yet? I don’t think anything on Yuzu can be considered “fully playable” when achieving an unstable 45FPS requires a quantum supercomputer.

>Breath of the Wild
>Still only the main story
>Okay category
I want to play it so fucking bad

>8K 60FPS
So can my low end machine run it 720 30fps?

>CTR:NF bootable
hurry up you fucks

Attached: dinosaur mask happy.jpg (315x295, 24K)

>Three Houses bootable
Well damn that came out like very recently.

Just emulate the WiiU version, then

I love that the reason why the Switch already has an emulator is because Nvidia screwed up and made the security hilariously easy to bypass so a bunch of system files were dumped. Thanks Green Man.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

How did they get this far so quickly?

>Are you surprised by the progress it's making?

It's the same hardware you can get in a Nvidia shield.

>I love that the reason why the Switch already has an emulator is because Nvidia screwed up and made the security hilariously easy to bypass so a bunch of system files were dumped.
Thanks for your input retard, but no the Yuzu devs have access to a Switch devkit that's why the emulator is progressing so fast.

Are you retarded? One year ago it wasn't even close to playable; the graphics were broken as fuck. The fact that they've made this much progress so quickly is amazing.

It's time for you to cope.

Yeah, i'm suprised you're still makng these threads and asking the exact same questions a full year later and it still runs like absolute shit lmao

It's funny because nvidia partnered with Nintendo because their mobile hardware sold like shit and needed one last push.

What about RyujiNX? How does that emulator compare to Yuzu?

Wow so by this rate we might actually be able to play Switch games before the end of the system's life span?

Its UltraHLE all over again

It must be painful for a Nintendo Fanboy like yourself to constantly be reminded.

Those videos speak for themselves. Mario Odyssey already looks way better than it does on the Switch.

Cope harder, Nintendo fanboy. Nobody has ever said emulation was fast, but like Cemu, the top Switch emulator Yuzu is making lightning fast progress.

I look forward to playing BotW 2 at far better graphical quality than the Switch is capable of.

AMD brainlet here. What exactly are people talking about when they say Vulcan?

Devkits don't let you re-work emulators numnuts. You can easily get Xbox, 360, and PS3 devkits on eBay yet those emulators took over a decade to come out. The security on the console was hilariously weak so the system files were easily accessed.

Attached: 1563369628239.png (1784x1097, 779K)

Why the fuck do emu devs latch on to stuff that isn't important? 8k Res is fucking useless if the game doesn't play accurately.

Focus on the accuracy of the video/audio emulation at native res, THEN worry about the other shit afterwards.

Vulkan is a graphics API and is basically the modern version of OpenGL. It's desired since it allows for the emulator to use the CPU and GPU much more effectively.

Hold on. Does Odyssey not actually run on the emulator? I just took a quick look and say they can run it at 8k and 60 fps and assumed they had already got it running and were now running it better. Did they skip the get the game running step and skip straight to performs well?

Maybe just maybe you would stop and think that the xbox uses a proprietary version of directx and the switch runs bog standard opengl libraries

What's with you and calling everyone a Nintendo fanboy? The posts you responded to had literally nothing to do with Nintendo. Seek help.

If I have an AMD card that hasn't updated drivers do I just open the radeon menu and click update to get vulcan? Should I get vulcan or avoid it?

why would nintendo fanboys be angry about being able to play nintendo games without nintendo hardware limitations

It runs, it just requires a nuclear-powered processor to get tolerable framerates.

>”FUCK nintendo, but we still wanna play their games”
so are they trash or not which is it

Vulkan is supported on a game-by-game basis. The devs have to code for it and you don't have to do anything other than choose it if it's an option. Not many games support it at the moment, but it's getting more popular.

pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/List_of_Vulkan_games

Both

Ok. So after they got it running they decided instead of making it easier to run to go further down the path of more processor power Tim the Toolman Taylor style?

>do anything other than choose it if it's an option
Ok so if I download and update my drivers it just becomes and option to use and not a replacement for what I have. Good to know. AMD has a reputation for doing retarded shit where an update causes worse performance.

>Nvidia reworking their failed Shields for Nintendo allowed for easy emulation.
wow, it's exactly what I've said.

Your card SHOULD be updated to support Vulkan, but most software can’t use it.

Vulkan is a lower level API than most modern graphics APIs, it allows compute instructions to be sent more directly to the GPU without the CPU intermediary. Essentially, CPUs have to batch up “draw calls”, instructions that tell the GPU what needs rendering. GPUs are optimized for parallel processes, but often you can get a bottleneck at the part where the CPU puts these instructions together.

Emulators are ESPECIALLY guilty of this because so much of the emulation work is in the CPU simulating what the hardware does, then supplying those special instructions to the GPU. Removing this interop layer would make emulation especially faster since it would mean much smaller bottlenecks.

Because only idiotic Nintendo fanboys like yourself would be angry about something as amazing as Yuzu.

Anyone that thinks this emulator is usable by anything other than NASA machines right now has no idea how emulators work.
60 FPS does not mean 60FPS+100% speed.

3 Houses when?

I guess I'll go update my R9 card then.

The fuck are you doing waiting for Yuzu? Use Cemu, it‘s the dedicated BOTW machine. There‘s mods for that too.

Brand loyalty.

Attached: switchemu.jpg (1856x1910, 1.01M)

get wrecked toddler

The Shield isn't a failure you retard. It's easily one of the best set top boxes available.

Attached: [email protected] (1686x904, 427K)

If you lock it at 30 fps then maybe.
I have an i3-2130 and a gt 1030 and most games give me 30 fps when locked and most 2d games give me closer to 60 fps with some dips.

Their plastic toy consoles are trash. Games are solid. Hell they brought back MUA and bullied Marvel to put X-Men back in. Pretty based, desu.

Literally no one in this thread is angry about Yuzu you faggot. Go to the BoTW threads to complain about Nintendo fanboys you child.

i7 8700k @5.0Ghz
16gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM
GTX 1080ti 11gb
256gb NVME M.2 SSD

Those are the specs of the guy making those videos. Yeah, a real NASA machine, using parts specifically marketed toward gamers.

You are comically retarded lmao.

Not him but
>amd system

>n-no one is angry you f-faggot! i'm not angry at all!

Attached: 1516067378763.png (808x761, 352K)

Res is just a single value you can tweek to your heart‘s content. Doesn‘t take devtime.

Reference a single post in this thread that is upset about Yuzu. Thanks for posting a wojak, now I know you're a child.

>tfw i'll be able to pirate mario kart
>tfw i'll be able to use cheat engine
>tfw i'll be able to cheat in multiplayer
>tfw
feels fucking great
get fucked nintendies

>5.0GHz processor
>anything less than absolutely astronomical-tier

Come the fuck on. That’s definitely cutting edge machinery, and almost nobody using their PC for games ever requires something that fast

>can't even overclock his cpu to 5GHz
I did that with my 8600K nearly two years ago now. How fucking braindead are you?

Why nintendo emulators always come along nicely? Is it because the hardware is always underpowered?

Not at all. Once the groundwork is laid out, development should start to snowball.

just because he overclocked his cpu it doesn't mean it's the requirement. you don't know what it is, you're just making assumptions.

>overclocking your CPU
>to play Mario Odyssey at 60FPS
>a game that literally runs on phone hardware

This is why. This is the reason. It’s an extreme hardware demand for what seems like it should not be an extreme need. This is why people want Vulkan.

You will have to have a real switch for that.
Online requires an account with paid online with files from a real switch.

Shit security? Different API ? Probably something like that.

fuck off toddler no i wont
aint paying for shit
get wrecked fucker

Motivation too. Most of the games people want to play on other systems get PC releases; Ninty exclusives are a large categorical exception. Note how much faster PS3 emulation took off after Persona 5.

It must be painful for a Nintendo Fanboy like yourself to constantly be reminded.

Those videos speak for themselves. Mario Odyssey already looks way better than it does on the Switch.

It helped majorly that OG Switch uses an off-the-shelf Tegra X1 chip which nVidia supplies documentation for developers due to its use in tablets/some smart phones.

again moron, a youtuber overclocking his pc is not the emulator's official requirement. how dumb must you be to not realize that?

He has a high end computer no doubt but its far from the NASA computer meme.

16GB ram is how much you want today.
i7 8700k isn't really that expensive.
1080ti isnt top of the line anymore, you can get one for around 600$

It's a 1000$+ computer but you can easily save up for that.

What's the system requirements?

CEMU runs flawlessly on my i3 8100, but I know the Switch is more powerful.

Sorry trannies, but you'll never "emulate" having a vagina

Attached: 1538603255130.jpg (640x640, 79K)

Do you guys think Octopath be cracked first or will it be playable on Yuzu first?

cope harder nint0ddler

Right here, within the exact same line of replies you were too stupid to read yourself:
>t-they're not upset
Sure sure Nintendie, just in a state of cope like you yourself are.

>but I know the Switch is more powerful.

found the retard

Attached: 1D7831CD-8934-4137-B2DF-ECB0590D721B.jpg (207x253, 17K)

Seething toddler

NOOOOOOOOOO!!! TAKE IT BACK!!! I NEED TO EMULATE THESE SHITTY NINTENDO GAMES SO I CAN SAVE UP MONEY FOR MY OPERATION!!! TRANS RIGHTS NOW!!!

Attached: 1541588959840.png (700x700, 292K)

cope and seethe you dilating toddler
get fucked

Hyrule warriors and fast rmx says high.

Well yeah it's a smidgen bit stronger than the Wii U in docked mode, not in handheld though.

Not sure how much, I don't own one yet, I'm waiting to see how Yuzu turns out.

If it's still not working well in a year I'll just buy a Switch.

is this game playable yet? I only want to play this and the newest Gunvolt later.

Attached: Dm.jpg (739x415, 62K)

Uh, didn't you hear me?
Let me spell this out for you.
You.
Will.
NEVER.
Be.
A.
WOMAN!

Attached: 1538441911826.jpg (340x275, 12K)

Patreon money

Attached: 1B4CF092-BB9E-4EB9-A242-82644C25F112.jpg (232x218, 8K)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THE SUICIDAL THOUGHTS ARE COMING BACK!!! HURRY UP YUZU!!! I CAN'T AFFORD RENT BUT I NEED TO PLAY NINTENDO GAAAAAAAAAAAAAMES

Attached: 1555710716819.jpg (601x601, 103K)

Yuzu booting up fuckton of switch games, RPCS3 recently got Demon's Souls running at 60fps and 4k. Fucking great time to be a pirate

>8K 60FPS
Yeah that's kinda surprising considering it couldn't even boot games few months ago.

Awesome. Can I play it portable though? Because that's how I get most of my Switch gaming done nowadays thanks to work/life "balance".

cope harder you fucking toddlers
go back to your fucking discord

There is currently nothing about an online server or something similar that homebrewed switches/emulators can connect to if that's how it works so you'll have to be waiting a while for that.
unless parsec can support it

that being said, which switch is the best to buy? is the one that's fully hackable still available?

Why is it that any thread about emulation on Yea Forums devolves into angry Nintendo fanboys and anti-Nintendo fags posting wojaks and shitposting?

it will support it just fine
get wrecked faggot

seethe and cope toddler

>get wrecked
Stop using the shitty casual trashtalk that Microsoft approved and let me fuck your mom

The reason the Switch is going faster in terms of emulator development is twofold:

>Nintendo has at least some interesting stuff to offer, like Metroid Prime 4, so it spurred people's interests more
>Nintendo's system is weaker and easier to emulate

So ironically, sony and MS focusing on being super powered Call of Duty machines worked in their favor I guess.

Well the Cemu emulator is literally almost perfect. I can play botw at 60fps 1080p and the games only been out for 2 years. This however has happened really quickly and it's really surprising how fast they managed to make this thing work

dilate and seethe you fucking toddler

Why do you PC freaks always gotta ramp things up to hardware nobody owns? Just use a console like a normal person, 30fps is fine, the human eye can't even see any higher.

cry more toddler

We talking CEMU being as good as Dolphin? MIght need to grab it and try emulating one of the kamen rider battride games.

This thread is just samefag central, if it wasn't obvious.

seethe and get wrecked you fucking dilating toddler

can I join the piratechad club if I pirate switch games on my switch?

Emulation is degenerate.

Well, this is finally it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA

See you all soon.
~VY

Attached: IMG_2019SJZNW38392_28SSBQJE2.jpg (768x1024, 96K)

are any of the big nintendo titles 100% emulatable yet?

You bought a Switch so you're a nintentoddler

you've been saying this for the past hour fuck off

>cemu
>LITERALLY almost perfect
its not even remotely close to that state you stupid shill
Dolphin is still the high point of emulation period, and no emulator has yet to reach its level. Cemu is hackey as shit on top of it which does not help it in the long run.

Nintendo had no options on the market, and Nvidia designed their SoC for phones and tablets

Nintendo really should've just got the Wii U launch done correctly, without the bullshit naming scheme. This is their fault for fucking that up

I doubt it runs well on my i5 9400 and 1660ti, I'll probably just buy a switch.

this
toddlers need to dilate and fuck off

fuck off, no one wants to join your tranny discord

does Yuzu have an auto-update feature? I don't want to download the thing every week

Does Xenoblade 2 run yet?

That's pretty much the biggest game I want to play, if it does I'll just emulate it, if not I'll get a Switch.

>wanting the shitch
fuck off and dilate toddler fucking wog you are

It's playable and should be 100% playable within a couple of months.

Says it's unplayable on the Yuzu website, crashes on the boot screen or just a black screen, don't know how often it's updated though.

yuzu-emu.org/game/xenoblade-chronicles-2/

This.

Pls gib XC2 in 1080p

Why do people say dilate, what does it mean?

You really don't want to know, user. Just forget you asked.

trannies literally wounds their cut up "vagina" so the skin won't try to cure itself closing the disgusting hole.

>It's playable
blatant lies

>paying $1k to play a handful of games while the rest don't even boot properly
>instead of buying a $150 used Switch and have all the game library for FREE

proof?

Not surprising at all given Nintendo used an off the shelf chip that's very well documented. It's pretty great.

As it turns out, when people are getting paid to make emulators, they have a much better incentive to actually make a working product.

It's literally the same than a year and a half ago, except it runs that shitty Mario game better. Every other game is ignored.