The glorious year of our lord 2019

>The glorious year of our lord 2019
>Still no other games like Oblivion and skyrim

What the fuck? Why does Bethesda get to have monopoly on good, deep and immersive open world fantasy games? Why has no other developer attempted the same shit?

Attached: XMUBKFfWUNskhhJgnfUrw5.jpg (2560x1440, 3.12M)

>deep and immersive
ha

happy cake day

Everything is relative, there is no other open world fantasy game that is as deep and immersive as Oblivion or Skyrim.

What other fully 3D RPG has:
>as open a game design philosophy for the player character?
>as much stuff in the overworld that can be taken/moved?
>a fully featured mod creation sdk packaged free with it?

There's a lot of things you can criticize BGS for, but at the end of the day they are and will be successful because they're the only ones providing certain game design structures that there is obviously demand for.

cringe, man

No one cares.

Summers ending, zoomer. Stop shitting up threads then acting all edgy when people call you out.

not an argument

Play the new Asscreed it's the same fucking thing with better combat.

>what is Kingdom Come: Deliverance

It's literally what Oblivion wanted to be and more.

>template reply
You're right.
But it's a fact. Stay mad.

>No character creator
>Npcs you kill are generic or respawn if you kill them.
>No deep, funny or amazing quests.
>No fantasy involved at all.
>No factions to join

I could go on, and you were probably trolling to begin with because no sane person would think Kingdom: Cum Deliverance could ever measure up to Oblivion.

elder scrolls developed over time. they made several games and every new sequel had more budget and employees to make a better game.
a new company would have to start with a smaller game with worse graphics etc. and work it's way up to big budget. but i doubt this world has a talented enough person to pull that of.

lol stay mad questmarkerbaby

>He's never even played Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Oh, my bad for taking you seriously.

But why couldn't an already established triple A studio develop a fantasy game like this? They already have the manpower and budget.

KC:D is a far better game you dumb pleb.

Oblivion is a total shitshow of a game in so many ways it's just a thing to look at and laugh in 2019.
The immersion it tries to create breaks every time the NPCs attempt to do anything.

because it's not their genre. big studios have their go to genre (assasins creed, call of duty, battlefield, fifa, far cry, elder scrolls etc.)
why would a company making the sims suddenly dive into fantasy rpg? it's like car manufacturer suddenly trying to sell helicopters, it would be insane risk without having enough professional staff that is specialized on that genre.

Attached: okpal.png (675x588, 51K)

Fair enough answer. I guess.
I still think devs have lashed out before and try to make something original to their games studio, for better or worse. It's just that no one has attempted this before.

when exactly did any big company try out something new? you sound like you are making up stuff that never happened.
neets need to learn how the economy works and that their favorite games aren't made out of passion, but for profit.

Valve made Half-Life, Portal, Dota 2 and Artifact. 4 somewhat vastly different games.

EA tried something new when they made Mirrors Edge.

Maxis made spore after a long series of only sims games.

These are just at the top of my head, I'm sure there are more examples out there somewhere.

Fallout 4

>Goobergate: The Game
no thanks

your opinion is not an objective statement hun, stay in school xox

Attached: 1515068430424.jpg (256x352, 36K)

What about indie developers?
What about CDPR?