Growing out of vidya

Do you still feel the magic, or is it gone? Were you living in denial before you came to accept the fact? Have you actually played anything recently?
I've really enjoyed the CTR remake but that's mostly nostalgia.

Attached: 1525412420897.jpg (360x450, 128K)

i only play with friends nowadays, maybe once a year a single player game, last year finished hollow knight and it was great

I just played some FF10, TWEWY, and RE4. Still find myself enjoying vidya.

I take long breaks form gaming and especially gaming related social networks. Works like charm.

I play a lot of different genres, old and new, and on multiple platforms. I try popular series for the first time, obscure cult classics, or I replay games I enjoyed before. I also have hobbies outside of video games. I've not burned out.

Games aren't as fun now as they were, but it's still possible to find a new genre to keep you busy.
Been getting into jrpgs like ff lately which seem to work really well, since I have no prior jrpg experience.
granted it's also a learning curve since I'm just spamming lightning in ff7 until everything dies

feelings for vidya dithered not sure what happened

Yes, I spent previous week going through all routes on Fire Emblem. Enjoyed it very much.
What helped me to enjoy games more was trying new genres and switching platforms.
For some reason, I just can't play on PC, can't focus.

new games are all shit
play a old game you never played before

>Do you still feel the magic
Yes
>Have you actually played anything recently?
Yes, Dragon's Dogma, for the first time. It's fun, I'm enjoying it.

>social networks
Does Yea Forums count? Honest question

Yea i feel the magic, Doom, MW, Cyberpunk and DS release is just around the corner

I feel really jaded. I feel like most games aren't really made for people like me to enjoy anymore. Even indie stuff. I will say that VR has given me a lot of interesting experiences lately. I played Skyrim VR with mods to turn it into a deep Witcher simulator. Blade & Sorcery is great when I feel like being a psychopath. And I'm really looking forward to No Man's Sky when they implement VR and MMO shit into it in a couple of weeks. Pretty much the only reason I'm still gaming now is VR. Otherwise I'd be bored.

Attached: EBcBnzRU4AAw8zU.png (673x577, 302K)

Especially Yea Forums.

it's gone for me

this

forgot to say, i'm looking forward to gunvolt 2.5, maybe granblue vs and that's it

It ebbs and flows; depends on what's happening in my life.
I was unemployed for about six months, and in that time I only filled out job apps/did interviews and played games. It just became a depressing cycle and games stopped being fun.
Now that I'm employed full time, resting feels all the sweeter and I get excited playing games again. Weekends mean something again.
Been playing a lot of Hyrule Warriors on my own and Overwatch/Minion Masters with friends.

It comes in waves, my overall passion hasn't left but id prefer to do other things in my spare time, it's only because im not happy with my career, most people who feel this way need to find a better living. It's not exclusive to video games either, I don't read anymore when i used to read 6-10 books a year.

It's just that there is no time.
I'm just waiting for Elden Ring.

i'm not as hooked on playing games as i once was. i'll binge on some of my favorite gaems from time to time but i don't really follow news anymore.
i only come to Yea Forums out of habit

ignorance is magic, and I've got a huge backlog of games I'll probably never have time to play

the magic will never end

I felt this until I got a job, then I lamented not having enough time to play games but after a good chunk of time you start to really appreciate the time off that you get. It's a real renaissance. Also get out of the contemporary games. Use a responsible amount of your savings on some old console and just start digging through stuff. Make it a hobby again that you enjoy pursuing instead of a chore. These open world check-list games and moba shooters are poison.

I had that feeling a few years ago (at age 25 maybe), just didn't feel the magic anymore until I played The Wonderful 101. That game gave me a feeling of excitement and joy that I haven't felt in a long time. W101 is a game that was made purely to evoke fun without worrying about all the unnecessary garbage that plagues most games nowadays.

My advice is to just keep playing until you stumble upon that one game that reignites you.

Attached: wonderred.gif (500x275, 996K)

I still play a lot, and enjoy them immensely, but that sense of wonder I got from late 90'JRPGs like Lunar and Tales of Destiny is just gine

I got my gaming times and non gaming times. Still play, but not that much and/or regulary, sometimes 3 months straight, sometimes 3 months nothing

Got oblivion and nfs most wanted 2005 on my pc but i mostly go for monster hunter 3 ult since it currently motivates me the most

No, im not super jaded or cynical. Fuck multiplayer games.

Some magic is gone but I still enjoy playing strategy games with my friends.
Don't really play shooters, rpg's or other stuff anymore though.

Only games I can stand anymore are games I played in my teens like TF2 and Dota and Doom 1 & 2 wads.
I basically don't play newer games anymore except for Souls games. I bought a PS4 and a TV to play games a year or two ago but I kind of regret it because I don't use it very much even though I should.

>really enjoyed the ctr remake

Well there's your answer, OP. Now if only we were allowed to discuss the fucking thing on a video game board, it would be a golden age or vidya.

I don't feel the magic anymore.
Going to the store and buy a game and read the manual on the way home to start playing right away... I will never have that back.
I was in denial for a while that I could still find a game that would immerse me into the story so much I wouldn't be able to play. But now I know I can't have that either so I'm on a quest to find games I just enjoy.

Due to my job I spend 4-6 months isolated in the cold doing very little (but I have to be aviable almost 24h) so came to the conclussion that videogames are the most practical hobby to have. I enjoy old games still. I think the RE2 remake was the first game I really enjoyed in a long time. After that I went back on playing PSone and PS2 roms.

>I basically don't play newer games anymore
this

Attached: Happy CRT.jpg (1024x819, 80K)

New games can still be good that appeal to your specific niche. AAA games are all but guaranteed to suck though

Classic in two weeks bro.
But nah, the magic is gone. Played quite a bit of Vermintide 2 recently and thoroughly enjoyed it though.

I don't enjoy as many games as much as I used to, but I think all that's happened is my tastes have just narrowed. Most AAA games really haven't done it for me for a long while, but I still find enjoyment in fighters and certain indie games. I still enjoy some RPGs, but I don't feel like I have the time or psychological stamina that I used in order to finish them. Like said, maybe there's still something out there for you.

Attached: 1413729701509.jpg (604x453, 116K)

The magic is still there for me. In some ways, it is simply cyclical. There are down phases but then there are up ones.

I just play quake games now,
it's more not having the rest of mind to really sit down and not the patience to deal with the most trivial things that annoy me because i've got a lot of experience in what they could've done better.

Like in multiplayer games that are very customizable i know shits on like donkeykong as soon as the match starts and i'll be operating at max potential so i don't waste time waiting around. I did always really like survivalhorrorgames and i should get back into those. Also i should finally play mario galaxy as its a change of pace.

That doesnt work for me either
Old games or new games doesnt matter
I just feel like wasting my time

I still play vidya every day. If there's anything that changed, its that I'm incapable of naive hope and childlike hype that I once was able to feel. Where once I could mark down the days to the release of a game I really want, now, I just pick one up in the store with a 'eh, this might be cool'.

Though I mostly attribute that to Spore being so disappointing from the early hype that I've never recovered.

A really fat person took this pic

>do you still enjoy vidya
Yes, I'm not a faggot.
>are you in denial
No, I'm not a retard.
>do you actually play vidya
Of course, I'm not a retarded faggot. Kill yourself OP.

I stopped playing video games pretty much altogether from about 20 to 26. They didn't have that same allure and that early adulthood is too fun to waste on games.

Now I play the fuck out of them again because boomer things.

Yes I do.
Back in 2018 I thought I was losing interest, but I narrowed down what the problem was, fixed it and started having more fun with vidya than I ever have before.

Extremely based post

Attached: 1549402473879.gif (347x267, 1.54M)

escapism via immersion in video games is the only thing that makes me happy. but good games that do that have become increasingly harder to find

felt like this until I got VR, now I'm hooked on this shit and it's a brand new feelin