What went so right

what went so right

Attached: B1738980-CD03-4F55-AB89-380849F363E8.png (1220x720, 723K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iRTbla8m-7k
youtube.com/watch?v=HWnsFLVZPoA
youtube.com/watch?v=7JVvn8rkesg
technicoloranimationproductions.com/en/production.php?prodid=1
youtube.com/watch?v=UC2W8AYRAHw
youtube.com/watch?v=G4UpK9IbZSE
youtube.com/watch?v=JrfvZ8XI2Aw
youtube.com/watch?v=CYQqowYuJeY
youtube.com/watch?v=RXRmPDZS8To
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SP are pretty fucking awesome. They lost their mojo with Second Son. Hope Ghost of Tsushima is more than just a hollow ubi-like collectathon apart from the Nippon aesthetic.

>game was no longer an enclosed space, you now had free roam of a decently sized map
>no longer died in a single hit or have to search for horseshoes so you didn't die in one hit
>Sly found his identity as sort of a wisecracking thief
>Murray and Bentley were no longer just side characters who existed just to help Sly, they now had identities of their own and each came with their own set of abilities
>Klaww Gang were much better than the Fiendish Five, Contessa was actually a surprise villain and wasn't even foreshadowed as being evil
only gripe I have is that Neyla became really retarded after she turned on Cooper Gang. Every scene with her became just
>I'm evil because they forgot to include a personality or backstory with me!
wish they would have kept the original idea of having her be Rajan's daughter and that's why they're the same species of tiger. Also hated the taking pictures part, that got annoying really fast having to do that every single episode as your first task

yeah second son was definitely their worst offering so far. can’t say I’m looking forward to Tsushima, looks like Sony is forcing them to make the exact same “cinematic” game that they’re having all their studios make. when you have a dev team this talented, it’s a damn shame to see.

SLY 5 WHEN

what even happened with second son?
I've only played the second and heard virtually nothing about second son and it seems like infamous is pretty dead.

had no clue she was supposed to be Rajan’s daughter, that’s pretty neat. all the clues are there, I suppose. I agree though, her character definitely feels a bit unfinished.

I’m on the second Jean Bison level now. god, this shit is comfy.

I wouldn’t call Second Son an awful game or anything. it’s very competently assembled. but every previous SP game felt inspired in a way Second Son simply didn’t. it’s a very subjective thing and hard to put words to, I guess. I had some fun with it but I would never play it again.

Third game is also really good, not quite as amazing as 2 but still great and the villain is much more fleshed out than Neyla was.

Most comfy is the first Jean level in 2, third level in 3.

that level is my favorite in two
yeah 3 felt weaker or least just more of the same but I don't think you'll find to many claiming Neyla to be a very good villain. And M was pretty cool as a villain, if nothing but at least giving Sly and Bentley a little conflict.
On a side note, I was surprised when I replayed 2 and found Clockla way easier than I remembered.

So did the Klaww gang know about Arpeggio's plan or was it that their goals just lined up with his perfectly?
Because if you think about it, the entire plan hinged on the Clockwerk parts being brought to one place and the illegal spices that Rajan was selling. If the Cooper gang never did what they did, I doubt that Arpeggio would've gotten the Clockwerk parts. Jean sold his because he's an oldie who doesn't understand the technology, but every one else had a use for their parts.

I think Jean was the only one who knew. If you wait in his cabin instead of taking the photos, you'll hear his conversation with Arpeggio, and they talk about taking over Paris with the hypnotic light show. Maybe he didn't know about the immortality thing though.

Carmelita's blue sweaty pubes

Based

Have to believe other members didn't know about the light show, they seemed to be more focused on getting rich than whatever Arpeggio was doing. Think it was just a giant coincidence and Arpeggio relied on Neyla to work behind the scenes making sure Sly and his gang took down each member to grab all the parts.

Then I guess he just knew no member of the cooper gang could actually go one on one with Bison as long as he had the talons so he knew he could take the whole lot. You could also make the argument he knew Sly's gang would go after the parts because he wouldn't just let his nemesis sit in a museum where anyone could steal the parts and somehow reassemble him.

AND YOUR SUIT SUCKS

It was good, but what killed it being a 10/10 for me was that you couldn't replay missions like in the first game.
Which is a shame because the spice balloon mission was the fucking best and I shouldn't have to replay half the game just to get back to it.

name a sicker burn in vidya

There are cheats to replay chapters friend. Input them in the pause menu.

Left, R1, Up, Down, Up, Left - Restart Current Episode
Down, R1, Left, Right, R1, Down - Skip to Episode 1
R1, Left, Right, R1, Left, Down - Skip to Episode 2
Up, Left, Right, Left, Down, Up - Skip to Episode 3
Up, Right, Right, Up, Left, Left - Skip to Episode 4
Left, R1, Down, Down, Up, Right - Skip to Episode 5
Down, Up, R1, R1, Left, Down - Skip to Episode 6
Left, Left, Left, Down, Down, R1 - Skip to Episode 7
Down Up, Left, Left, R1, Right - Skip to Episode 8
Right, Left, Up, Up, Up, R1 - Tutorial

that's cool and all, but why can't i just replay specific missions like in Sly 1?

Attached: 1559690643911.jpg (500x375, 60K)

You can replay them in 3 and 4. They realized people wanted it back after 2.

Unironically the story. Everything that happened tied in together perfectly at the end and plus for a kids game they didn't pull punches on some dark ass shit

YOUR MOTHER WAS A BROKEN DOWN TUB OF JUNK WITH MORE GENTLEMAN CALLERS THAN THE OPERATOR

Attached: 012.png (1493x633, 1.88M)

>cheat code that let you keep the super jump

Attached: 1558933270939.png (500x500, 253K)

Brutal

How did they get this one through?

>but only if you 100% the game like you should do
That was great, but IIRC only works in the last episode

Bentley had justified cripple rage

Bentley in 3 in general was a lot more sadistic
>Part of the plan in Australia is literally feeding miners to a crocodile
>Similar thing happens in Holland except with a Wolf

>Murray claims he gave up his violent ways.
>Literal next chapter he gleefully feeds miners to a crocodile.

Attached: Anasui confused.jpg (249x188, 17K)

>claims he gave up on violent ways
>threatens to floss his teeth with someone's spine

Attached: 1563493468626s.jpg (232x249, 5K)

Maybe Carmelita has a point. The Cooper gang really has to be stopped.

>Guru is the spiritual leader that told Murray to be peaceful on his walkabout
>Mind controls miners, Pilots/Technicians, Chinese warriors and pirates to run into their death
>Also forces sharks to bite on wires to stop a magnet

Attached: um.jpg (181x279, 11K)

>venice level
>destroy ferris wheel killing a guard in the process
>literal terrorists

Attached: r0nn7yfq51g21.png (1080x798, 317K)

>Temple level in 2
>LITERALLY blow up the ancient temple and flood the surrounding area
Sly and the gang are assholes the more I think about it.

More like what went so wrong?
youtube.com/watch?v=iRTbla8m-7k

was this really necessary?

As much as I watch his videos occasionally, I still think this was a shit review.

If it was the only way to get Mugshot angry enough to fight a cripple, it was the only way.

Did they actually bother adding them in the HD collection?

>proper Sly/Jak/Ratchet/ect crossover never

Yeah, I played 2 with the collection yeasterday in psnow, and the codes worked.

They did let that one guard go home to his mother to eat her pasta and sauce. That was nice of them

No but seriously, is there a recipe for a pasta sauce that tastes that good?

To be honest. It's for the better. The game would've been a clusterfuck. Besides SP, ND and Insomniac have already moved on from cartoon-y platformers by that time.

this bit is the hardest i laughed in the trilogy

There's probably a secret ingredient that money can't buy; a mothers love

>tfw Sly's italian accent was unironically the best attempt his voice actor could do at it
heh

This is probably why Sly was confused on how there could be a sauce that good.

Attached: 6568b9d6d780113f336401a2c65082df.jpg (500x440, 33K)

Comfiest level?

Attached: 000.jpg (600x450, 48K)

Italy levels in vidya are always comfy as fuck, but Sly 3's is divine.

Also, post pasta sauce recipes.

Close, but no dice.

Attached: SlyFOF.png (1021x729, 326K)

India 1. The fucking entire level is peak kino
>infiltrate temple
>scout out everyone on the ball
>sabotage it from the inside
>sneak around and even manage to snatch a suit just so you can impress a undercover cop
>literaly dance with your biggest enemy for maximum romantic tension and to distract the entire ballroom with how good you are
>dip out of the place after you mission impossible the fuck out of Rajan, so much so you humiliated hin into retreating to his deep jungle drug temple
>get to use turrets, a heli and fucking DANCING in a ball room as your main tools of sabotage and intrigue

Say whatever you will about later levels but fuck me, India spoke to me more than it should. That fucking MUSIC, the level design being so fucking warm coloured, the incense in the air, the architecture, the fucking skybox, so fucking gorgeous, especialy in HD. Its always had a special place in my heart.

>tfw always prefered my native speaking language dub dude to Kevin
No offense bro, but fuck me, I grew up with that dudes acting and it was just so good. So much soul and emotion on him, while kevin mostly made him really dry.

Seeing Murray run off with the wings after sawing them off in the middle of a ballroom always made me chuckle.

Attached: CWings2.jpg (1297x735, 80K)

i legitimately tried watching this but he's honestly complaining about how it's harder to navigate the levels as Bentley and Murray. how can one person miss the point this hard? i'm tapping out.

The whole sequence is great honestly.
>"You look familiar. Do you work in law enforcement?"
The dialogue is just perfect honestly, its witty and sharp, and just the kind of shit that makes you yearn for more.

Neyla literaly says she doesnt mind one bit being used to get closer to Carmelita, Sly saying he would love to see Carms dress fall off in shock, just the general banter in the whole level like Murrays spud gun or the penguin suit, it all felt so refined, like they spent just a bit more time in it compared to other levels.

I remember liking Sly more than the Ratchet or Jak games because it got a portuguese dub, and that was very rare at the time.
Pic related made me and my brother lose our minds.

Attached: Screenshot_31.png (846x473, 533K)

Aww shit, a fellow pt bro, yeah that always got a good chuckle out of me and my bro too, was surprised they even remembered we existed, but I guess it sold well over here. Dub was also very high quality surprisingly enough, especialy for the contessa and bisson.

If you look closely at Neyla when you start dancing, she looks pissed. Good foreshadowing.

Attached: Screenshot_32.png (710x451, 217K)

If their movement was particularly bad or something than there'd be some point, but bentley and murray can still get around pretty well and never felt too bad to play as.

I never really noticed that since I always 100%d the dances and always had her doing the whole "aaah" thing. By the end she didnt really seem quite as pissed, if anything she got mad when carmelita got in.

Also suckerpunch knew exactly what they were doing, didnt they.

It's surprising looking back, I rmember most pt dubs being hilariously bad. All the characters fit nicely though. Even had to come up with slang for Dimitry to use.
The finish dub I believe also is very popular. It sold great there.

very comfy thread
you are all lovely

Its funny, being a poorfag pt made me apreciate this game and its sequel all the more since I replayed em constantly but I never found anything I outright disliked, at most just found lesser like India 2. Probably replayed sly 2 over 30 times by now, I can collect every single bottle with sound off in every level and yet I still do a yearly playthrough of it and I never get or got bored of it.

The one game ill always hold dear to my heart and the one with a great ass PT dub. Bless suckerpunch.

Attached: 1492985885220.jpg (766x975, 237K)

YOU'RE A

BOTTOM-FEEDING

She was mad because Sly wishes it was Carmelita already.

>Besides SP, ND and Insomniac have already moved on from cartoon-y platformers by that time.
That's a damn shame, but seeing what ND turned into maybe that's for better.

I just remember finding it amusing as a kid that Dimitri had Vegeta's voice.

I fear for Slys future desu. On one hand Id like for him to live on, on the other hand, if its another sanzaru tier game, then Im not sure Id like for Sly to even continue, yknow?

The best comparisson is 2 and 4. Tango dance for mission impossible in 2, carmelita shaking her ass in a stripper outfit with motion controls in 4. Super evil vilain of the series coming back to life versus a cucked skunk with a inferiority complex. Memorable dialogue and quips versus mostly generic shit, romantic tension versus carmelita being a PMSing bitch.

Fucking constant escalation, even a chapter where half of it you are all alone, filled with dread and trying to bust your friends outta jail from a brain washing double agent of the Klaw gang, versus whatever the fuck sly 4s escalation is and the goddamn Grizz.

Its hard, yknow? I want a new sly but fuck me, I want a new Suckerpunch sly, not a Sanzaru one.

They just removed shit people didn't like with each iteration, the only major changes were adding new characters

Loved the 2nd game, favorite of the trilogy. Only complaint I have is how Neyla went full evil retard like that one user said, ultimately leading to cheating the players who thought everything was leading up to Clockwerk's proper return and having a round 2 with Sly, only for this pissed off tigress to hijack his body and control it all the way to the end.
I believe it was even implied that Clockwerk was slowly regaining control of his body based on easy to miss bits of Neyla's dialogue.

Attached: Clockwerk-recon.png (548x414, 178K)

I like this one better youtube.com/watch?v=HWnsFLVZPoA

Yknow what really blew my brains lads? If you havent finished the game, dont open.

Finaly realizing that spice was really just cocaine and that Dimitris nightclub just hooked up all of paris on coke so the lightshow would make the city a fucking bloodbath. I never made the conection spice=drugs so I always just found it so innocent

>TFW 1-3 Are amazing games and 4 is a fucking piece of shit

Attached: 1543208931526.png (565x566, 259K)

I never played 4, what was wrong with it? Other than looking ugly as fuck.

Attached: 1511504185929.gif (296x296, 2.01M)

So much I cant type it all on a phone but the most glaring thing I can say in a minute is this.

Carmelita belly dancing minigame. With ps3 integrated motion controls to shake her ass to get coins. Im not kidding.

I posted this a while back in other Sly thread but I'll post it again.

I know it was probably good to have only one game focusing on Clockwerk but I always thought his involvement in Sly 4 was a HUGE missed opportunity.

Clockwerk was always the nemesis of the Cooper Clan through out history. That could have added a great story obstacle that the Sly's gang should have taken into account when they were visiting the past.
Like for example Clockwerk could have caused mayhem in the past when Sly's gang was also in the past but they cannot destroy Clockwerk since that would have caused a large time paradox that would have resulted his father still being alive but Sly would have never met Bentley and Murray in the orphanage.

Attached: clockwerk.png (1920x1080, 583K)

should I play Sly 1? I was about to play it then I got distracted because I had to poop. Thoughts?

Fairly good game, mostly short but very sweet. Aestheticaly very pleasing and the vilain dialogue is so memorable I have it memorized and etched into my head. Sly is a bit of an asshole but it was a very good game for its time and the time trials are nice.

I never played anything but sly 1
what did I miss

YOU ARE A...

Attached: pirate_sly.jpg (376x423, 40K)

2 is amazing 3 is great but slightly worse than 2, some anons will tell you there is a 4th game but I have yet to see compelling evidence for it

>4th game
It's like how people say there was a 3D Metal Slug game. There's no proof it exists.

I love Sly so much
I think there are a handful of "perfect" games and Sly is one of them
Great art direction, fun to play, good characters, it's just an amazing game

>denying 4s existence
I wish I could do the same user. I really wish I could. 5 never but god willing, we may atleast get a Sly cartoon from the Boom guys.

Attached: 1560524058342.jpg (460x590, 42K)

>hyped up in the preceding briefing like it's the biggest goddamn deal and the only way they'll ever get into this maximum security place
>it's three goddamn minutes of shaking the controller around to distract like two flashlight guards, and the entire gang is in the stairwell, Murray alone could take them and they'd be on their way
>at least a dozen pieces of concept art were made just for this part and it has less impact than the same minigame from earlier where it's Murray in drag
God what a stupid game.

Attached: 1551130315702.jpg (239x635, 39K)

>Sonic Boom team making a Sly cartoon
There's something resembling hope there, As long as the trio all have their normal VAs it'll be great even if the episode concepts are stupid.
>Sly and the gang steal KFC's secret herbs and spices
You bastards were laughing and don't you deny it.

>3D metal slug
How the fuck does that even work? First person shooter?

RAAAHHHH
My beautiful guns are destroyed!
Good thing I keep a spare upstairs.

>Let's see if you can fight better than you can sing
fucking brutal

Attached: 14547768.png (681x597, 643K)

Ive seen that fucking concept art and the geisha house ones. Now, ill be honest, I may be the kinda guy who seriously loves his hmofa and whatnot but even I quirk my damn eyebrows at this sorta shit. Its not only out of place on a character way, its not only way too focused on a ooc level, its outright not compatible with the game and clearly forced and tacked on for the sake of having it on. Its like the Playstation devs just kinda went "Do whatever you want just get us some motion controls" and the word they focused on the most was whatever so they made their thirst into the game.

I just wanted ballroom dancing back. Not crossdressing geisha work and motion control bound foxy ass shaking. So much to ask for, aparently.

Attached: 1554872917281.jpg (569x661, 66K)

This is the fanciest way I have ever heard someone call anothers mother a whore.

GRIME-LICKING

...who's Sly's mom? I remember his dad getting killed in the 1st, but did they mention his mom?

I don't remember this part at all.
Did I burn this from my memory?

Attached: 1495999077447.jpg (448x486, 46K)

>borrow sly collection on ps3
>love sly 1
>start sly 2
>oh cool I can sprint and there are upgrades
>first world is pretty good
>by the time I get to the third or fourth world im forcing myself to play
>shitty tasks like collect ten dildos from the trash cans in every level
>months later quit at the level with the trains
>so burned out I didnt even play the third game
Why is this game considered good?

You did. Bro I fucking wished it never happened but by the Lord, you can fucking bet its real. Its on youtube my dude, and I will never forget it, considering the fact I felt like I lost part of my soul that day.

You're one of the lucky ones.

Attached: 10.png (293x259, 6K)

TPS with tank controls, the character models were alright, the rest...

*profuse sweating*

Attached: carmelita_conceptart_sly4.jpg (1998x1818, 2.27M)

I've been in many Sly threads since Thieves in Time and I've never once seen anyone even mention it.
I'm actually watching video proof and I can barely believe it. I'm shocked.

Attached: 1511202922979.jpg (220x393, 38K)

You can just tell that all the fucking furries were having a field day with this.

I didn't ask for a review sperglord I asked if I should play it. Didn't read your long winded response but I guess that's a no

anyway to skip single missions?

These don't even really look like Carmelita.

Attached: 1551125361484.jpg (4813x4704, 1.12M)

Attached: 1468444637660.png (491x585, 56K)

See, I can apreciate the shit out of stuff like this, and I dont even attempt to deny it, but time and a place for everything. This should not have gotten into production or affected the game. Geisha house made sense but this is just a few steps too far considering how there are still like 3 more pages of her.
Welcome to reality user, shame you are in the joke timeline. Probably got shifted along the way but what the hey, enjoy the ride, cause I sure am not. Semi surprised you didnt know, every thread Im in its mentioned by me or someone else.

What age are you? Seriously now, how old are you?

Attached: 1487872205616.jpg (800x999, 92K)

He is clearly just baiting lad, no use getting mad. Good to bump the thread anyhow, yeah?

this is what really gets me
the concept really isn't bad, good really, it just looks like some fox oc. A well done one admittedly but it just looks really different from what Carmelita has always looked like. The ingame model and art have this problem too.

Attached: 1529761923168.jpg (1000x728, 126K)

Jean Bison did nothing wrong.

It's the biggest thing they fouled up, really. There's a lot I can forgive about the game, and that's surprising to me, but botching everything visual in a series known for being comic book styled is the ultimate death sentence.

Attached: 1551148430904.jpg (1200x1200, 184K)

>mass traficker of drugs
>mass deforester for the lulz
>ego so huge he has to cheat at his own games he autisticaly perfected just to win and be congratulated by a juri he not only bribed but threatened
>throws a tantrum when he loses and knocks people out with a big fucking lump of wood
Bre, Jean isnt exactly good in the head. His redemption arch is also fucking hilarious.

>absolute perfection in the left
>strong willed, absolutely determined, moral compass is always straight but willing to cooperate for the sake of trying to do the right thing, even if she doesnt like it
>combat boots, pants, open jacket and a confident stance, radiates charisma and imposes respect

>whatever the fuck is the right
>Not just bitchy but snarky 24/7 latina, openly hostile to the gang thats repeatedly trying to cooperate and get her out of trouble, goes awol over nothing, refuses to be logical and almost 24/7 angst
>relaxed stance, clothes borderline slutty, shitty smile, imposes no respect, made to literaly be a furries fetish propagamda tool and made to belly dance

Its more than just design desu. Its personality too.

>snarky 24/7 latina
This is the weirdest part. There's a big difference between vaguely spanish european and actually just somebody's mexican grandma.

It has some framerate issues in the latter half of the game. They ran out of budget so the final boss is a QTE.

Those are the only REAL problems.
Some people are assmad about other things
But they're stupid and dumb

The dude was about to straight up kill Bentley though. Murray was completely justified in his good dental hygiene there.

I guess they just wanted to keep the different voice actor every game meme alive. A bad pick but could be worse. If we are lucky, we get 2s back for 5.
>the only issues a game can have are framerate and a bad final boss
Listen user, I wanna keep things comfy but Sly is more than both of those. 2s and 3s final bosses arent really amazing and we dont play Sly for the combat or constant silky 120 fps, we play because its a Sly game with its writing, platforming, story, memorable heists and characters. If those are missing or dont badly them its still a valid complaint and a bad part of the game for many.

>writing, platforming, story, memorable heists and characters
And Sly 4's were fine

Bare minimum, better than 3's
But people always give that mess a pass because it was SP

I DEMAND REMAKES AND SLY 5

The entirety of Carmelita, the Black Knight making no sense whatsoever, most Coopers being assholes or outright unlikeable, most vilains being so one note or forgettable I legitimately have issues remembering them and the main vilain seriously being nothing but a petty cunt with a inferiority complex so huge he concocts a time machine to try to fuck with you say otherwise but okay, if you wanna be a stallwart 4 defender, you have a right to be wrong.

Would have been kino if at the end of 4, they went back to the present and just got attacked by Clockwerk, who realized something fucky was going on when he kept seeing someone with a strong Cooper resemblance randomly popping in and out of history around his family members.

I feel like this Medievil remake is them testing the waters and could lead to possible remakes or atleast new ports

We already got the remaster in the collection. I think the series would benefit from a ground up remake with better models. AND MAYBE THEN THEY'LL FINALLY FIX THE GODDAMN MZ RUBY BOSS FIGHT!

SLY
COOPER

RE

BORN

>the main vilain seriously being nothing but a petty cunt with a inferiority complex
Clockwerk

>ground up remake
Jesus christ lad, that is bound to be fucking cursed. Anyone but the OG dudes who made Sly, if any are even still on the studio, and thatd be a fucking catastrophe, look at Sanzaru and how they fucked up so much of Sly in just 1 game, how would a new team even remotely capture the charm, aesthetic design and general wit of most of the games? Atmosphere was always a very very strong part of Sly, same as sound dedign and architectural detail but we all know that shit would be thrown off the wall to make new Sly 4 tier models.

Petty. Clockwerk had a motive, executed a plan and that dude fucked with literaly everyone in the cooper timeline whilst staying immortal out of pure hate. The plan to re-enable his body was to make Paris into a gigantic violent drugged up hatefest genocide, just to kickstart the immortality process. He is actually evil and the bane of the Cooper family as a whole, his entire skeleton used in several criminal ways and his reassembly not only a danger to the Gang but somewhat to the world.

LeStinkers daddy got cucked out of treasure by Sly's dad. LeStink tried to be a actual criminal and ended up just being a pseudo crimelord. After that he made a timr machine because he seriously got pissy his daddy got cucked out of a diamond and wanted to completely eradicate cooper history over that instead of being a good thief. He is about as dangerous as an actual frenchman with a sword, with a stink to match.

Sly 4 was just fucking weird all around. One the main problems was the villains, who felt like a disjointed collection of what the fuck
>A Cuban tiger who is a big weeb
>An armadillo who wanted to play cowboy
>Ghetto bear tagging caves
>Weird elephant bitch
>Skunk mastermind literal who
>Oh and Penelope is a bitch now
They couldn't just do a mechanical Arpeggio? Or even pre-mechanical Clockwerk?

First Canada level.
God I loved jumping on the trains and just hitching a ride to wherever I needed to go in the level.

>Clockwerk had a motive
Literally an identical motive
Clockwerk was just as petty, if not more so, than LeParadox

He literally turned himself into an immortal machine powered by his hatred for the Coopers for the sole purpose of following them eternally until he could exact his revenge

The Coopers literally didn't do anything to him except be better thieves

>attributing the Klaww Gang activities to Clockwerk who was already fucking dead
user, I...

The primary difference I feel is Clockwerk actually felt threatening. His entire motivation was basically "FUUCK COOOPERS!" but he actually put effort towards completely eradicating them and killed several of his ancestors successfully.

>tfw I discovered this series because ratchet and clank 3 had a demo for sly 2
I wish game devs used demos more often nowadays, you could discover some cool games. I think I also had a demo of Transformers Armada with Driv3r but I'm not sure

Not really, he only bothered to finally act when he felt the Cooper Clan was at their weakest, which is raising a new member into the family and by later retcons maybe having his old crew backstabbing Sly's father and letting Clockwerk and his haphazard crew finally take down a basically retired Cooper.

I liked Sly before all the people from 3 took up game time and missions. Penelope was literwlly doing ahit Bentley had and will. I love Dmitri, but his games sucked ass.
Sly Thieves in Time you would think made me happy since theres the origional 3 with a 2nd Sly each level, but I really didnt enjoy playing the ancestors. I also dont like the functions on disguises. Really? I felt like the core gameplay has taken a huge backseat to minigames and gimmick segments, much like the critisism for post Crash 2 Crash.

Sly's dad's gang is the absolute worst thing that ever happened to Sly prove me wrong

JUMP AND PRESS THE CIRCLE BUTTON

>sliding on the tracks at the speed of sound
Awww yeaaah.

>most Coopers being assholes or outright unlikeable
That was established in 3 though.

Ones literaly autistic evil rage for actual generations and thousands of years to the point he mechanized himself and gained immortality out of pure hatred. The other is a frenchie got his ego hurt and hired some larping mooks to get him shit.

I consider one petty reasoning and the other a straight up consuming hatred. If you dont see the difference in quality, despite the similar premisse, nothing I can say will change your mind. Also I mentioned the parts because its still HIM being used for evil. Even when torn apart that fucking bird fucks up the world somehow. All Paradoxical can do is fuck up the rooms air.
Essentialy.

>that time the voice actors got on a podcast and made the gang rob a KFC

Attached: Jack.jpg (500x375, 18K)

>mfw encountering the bear for the first time.

Attached: 1417283612838.jpg (1039x803, 159K)

>The mission where you have to steal the baby bears from it

Attached: AAAAA.jpg (500x508, 26K)

>I consider one petty reasoning and the other a straight up consuming hatred
pet·ty
/ˈpedē/
adjective
(of behavior) characterized by an undue concern for trivial matters, especially in a small-minded or spiteful way.

I think Clockwerk is a great villain and his single-minded, immortal hatred for the Coopers makes him scary.
But it also makes him the KING of pettiness.

>playing Thievius Raccoonus in 2002
>"Hey Bentley I think I'm seeing things"
>"WOAOAHAOAHOHOAAHOAAAAH IT'S THE LEGENDARY COOPER AURA. SLY, PRESS THE CIRCLE BUTTON TO DO A SUPER DUPER SNEAKY DEAKY MASTER THIEF MOVE!!!"
>press the circle button
>all Sly does is hug the wall

Attached: 1304938223524.jpg (600x598, 52K)

>mfw beating it with Murray
>mfw beating it with Sly
>mfw autisticaly whacking it with a crossbow till it died with Bentley
Never got old to kill that fucking boss mob. Swear it has as much health as fucking Rajan.

Attached: 1562501851748.jpg (411x522, 56K)

>Bently and Murray constantly make subtle black jokes while Sly talks to the cashier

Attached: bwowsah.gif (307x284, 1.06M)

"subtle"

>You could kill it
Wait... you're joking right?

Attached: Bugs.jpg (500x552, 83K)

>all of it got animated by a teen but shit was so good it improved the scene 400%
Fucking bless Sly OC its some seriously good shit.

Attached: 1524723612558.png (300x310, 15K)

BRO, YOU NEVER EVEN TRIED?

I did but I got bored every time I did it.

My major gripe with 2 was that a lot of the missions were really short, especially compared to the time spent wandering around the overworld, with Murray and Bently at least, just trying to figure out how to reach the mission start point.

>like 10 years old playing Sly 1
>this intro plays for Clockwerk's level
youtube.com/watch?v=7JVvn8rkesg

They made the very appearance of some video game character actually scary. His model on screen for the first time was insanely hype.

Fuck Penelope. She was a shit character in 3 who got written out as well as Poochy.

Fair enough, but I just kept wailing on em with Murray, fuckers death animation was just them shrinking and vanishing with some particles like when you knock out a dude, fun stuff. Murray is the optimal guy, Sly for a challenge and Bentley crossbow if you want the Dante Must Die challenge in a Sly game.

she was a shit character to begin with so

So other than an illegal spice operation and stealing the parts, did the Klaww gang do anything of note together?
I guess I could ask the same of the Fiendish Five.

Arpeggio planned to use Clockwerk to make him immortal, meaning he planned to get those parts back. He was probably going to cross his own crew eventually.

Dimitri did counterfitting art and a lotta drug deals/shady shit in his nightclub
Rajan mostly dealt drugs and became a pseudo baron who funded the Klaw gang
Contessa brainwashed a fuckton of prisioners into revealing their stashes then brainwashed them into harmless joes, mindfucking people, acting as a double agent, fucking around with Interpol and being so good at her shit she literaly tried to destroy Carmelitas ego
Jean mostly did criminal levels of envioremental fuckery
Arpegio did ???

I get they did those things individually, but what do they do as a proper gang? Arpeggio's speech makes me think that he let them do their own things that just so happened to help his plot along. I would like to see a Sly gang where the bad guy gang actually acted like a gang.
4's doesn't count

Seconded. I really liked the theme of the whole team taking turns going undercover during the event and getting info around the lounge.

I mean, they still cooperated. Rajan made the shit, Jean moved it, Contessa used it to do her brainwash shtick, Dimitri sold and propagated it, Arpegio capitalized on it.

Its not much but its what it is, they did cooperate as a whole, just not as a unified constant company. More of a bunch of freelancers making a guild to further explore a market.

YAAAAAR I FORGOT ME NUMBER 2 PENCIL FOR ME SCANTRON TEST

Are there any games with a cat-and-mouse dynamic as fun as the one with Sly and Carmelita?

I love Javert style characters.

Attached: rooftop_lookout_by_freekaboo-daqsj2v.png (1024x1450, 1.62M)

Why does Carmelita change VA in every game?

what's the verdict on who was the best carmelita?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (576x722, 396K)

Holland and Canada 1 were top tier comfy

I prefer 2 and 3's honestly.

1's voice with 2/3's model

Sly 1. She was a far better actress than the ones that came after.

Alesia for me
>can actually understand her
>accent is neither ultra forced or barely there
>clearly shows her personality and actually shows emotion
>that pre final boss banter talk before blasting the shit out of Clockwerk
Forever best. 3s one also good.

>but what do they do as a proper gang?
Did you just miss the whole plot? Rajan made spice, Bison shipped it, Dimitri peddled it, Contessa (I'm honestly not sure what she does for the group, maybe sabotages Interpol from within to keep them off everyone else's backs) and Arpegio oversaw the whole thing.

The klaww gang might have been a criminal gang like the Cooper gang, but they were criminal masterminds, not rogues like the cooper gang.

PUSS FACED

>Cut the flirty Chit chat, I need you get on the gun and protect my back!
>That isn't flirty Chit chat?
This game's writing is something else.

2 no contest

I don't think any of the performances were bad, but I think I like her accent in Sly 3 the best, and I have a soft spot for the Sly 2 voice simply because that was the first game of the series I played and the first voice for the character that I really got used to.

Attached: Sly2.jpg (736x419, 49K)

Contessa used her hypnosis techniques to get information out of criminals and find their caches of money or illegal goods, both of which were probably used by the klaww gang.

REMEMBER TO USE YOUR PARAGLIDER

Sly's lines were in a league of their own
>Mocks Bentley for the code names in the prologue especially the one Bentley made for himself
>Ep 4 - Bentley frees Sly from prison
>Bentley: Ah well, you know the old saying "if you can't count on a friend to bust you out of jail, what kind of a friend are they?"
>Sly: Truer words were never said... Wizard

Yeah I know that, but that seemed like her own personal operation. I'm thinking about what she uniquely contributed to the gangs joint operation. If she was just using the spice to get money that sort of overlaps with the idea of just selling it and makes selling it at all kind of pointless.

Remember, each member had their role in the group but also their own personal thing. Like Dimitri counterfeiting and Bison lumbering.

PIN-HEADED

Well she double crossed Interpol. She likely helped the Klaw gang with intel on how close they were in alongside slowing/stopping any investigation agaisnt them and gaining an edge on what they know of other rival gangs.

Are there still Penelopefags? Also what ever happened to the movie?

Wow you don't say. Funny, I think I recall hearing something similar to that somewhere

Oh right, in my own fucking post that started this
>maybe sabotages Interpol from within to keep them off everyone else's backs

Movie died after Ratchet and Clank flopped
Got turned into a TV show or there is now a TV show in production(?) apparently meant to air this year maybe, otherwise that's also dead and we put all our hopes on that one user who said he'd make it his life's goal to make a Sly show.

I always thought, think and will think her shift was retarded, so I guess I am one. Also canned, rumours exist of a cartoon by the guys who did Sonic Boom but nothing so far. Over halfway to 2019 and sly is still dead.

4 am. Be as mad as you want user, I cant be assed to be mad back.

Movie got cancelled, there's a tv series in the works developed by the guys who made Sonic Boom tv series.

>I have the attention span of a goldfish but ur mad lololol
kys

the movie design was awful so here's hoping for the tv series to be decent

as for penelope, people forget she was bad to the bone even before

I actually enjoy PS4 Ratchet and Clank. Though I do agree the constant cutscenes are annoying, they were just as bad during some of the PS2 games.

I meant the movie, not the game.

>Are there still Penelopefags?
I liked her in Sly 3. I ignore Sly 4.

Attached: 48606645d117cc86f0d69c424b5944cea451d8fa_hq.jpg (1024x755, 75K)

based
i replay them every year, recently have been doing it on vita

Attached: vitasly.jpg (3739x3024, 2.18M)

I don't hate Sly 4 and actually wouldn't mind Sanzaru stepping up to bat again. I think they'd be able to learn from the criticisms they got. They were a pretty literally who developer after all.

>If you ain't got nothin' nice to say, then don't say it
>Bentley: ...

Attached: muggshot-sly-3-honor-among-thieves-8.96.jpg (210x240, 20K)

I get she was bad but consider the fact she seriously sword dueled a fucking pirate lord of the Seas because she loved Bentley enough to shove that tweety bird out into shark infested waters.

By the end of the pirate section, bentley and penelope were just a straight up couple and she chilled out from her shit. Her going lmao Imma be a gun baron made no sense in any of her character really.

Well, it looks like the character desifns remain roughly the same.

I also hoped for longer episodes than 11 minutes. Would fit in more story in each episode.

technicoloranimationproductions.com/en/production.php?prodid=1

>The thingy racamagoocus
Mugshot is a national treasure.

soul vs soulless not even memeing

2 no doubt, she actually sounds like a cool super cop

3 the voice is just too cutesy and young

1 I don't remember

Are there any other games that follow the Sly 2 formula of spending the level collecting information and setting things up for some kind of big final mission that incorporates everything you did previously?

I had so much fun with that structure as a kid.

The thing is tough as shit bit you can do it.

Part of me is happy that the franchise will have the chance to be vaguely relevant again, but I don't have any hope that the tv series will be serious to any degree.

I expect another gag-of-the-week show.

Attached: 2015_11_09_carmelita_fox_by_funkyalien-d9g434d2.jpg (533x800, 218K)

I know, but people shit on the game all the damn time for actually trying to update parts of the story while bitching about the movie. Never watched the movie, though if I want to waste a bit of time I guess I could.

Just really needed some tweaking.

Attached: Original-Edit.png (1918x1011, 2.19M)

>but I don't have any hope that the tv series will be serious to any degree.

Yup, which is sad since me being an edgy Clockwerk fan, I would have liked to see some heavy serious stuff.

Still doesn't look anything like the older design.

The notion of Bentley knocking sense back into Penelope is a major reason I even want a Sly 5 still.

pls no

that's the point tho, she was so into bentley to the point of yandere

Alesia Glidewell easily
Her voice fit Carmelita perfectly and was the best actress of the three

When I think of Carmelita I hear her with Glidewell's voice, never any of the others.

My mom used to make "friend mac n' cheese" (yeah, t.burger). Every time we had a friend over, the boxed shit tasted better than usual. Turns out she just put more butter in. I bet any "mother's love" is just more unhealthy shit that tastes good.

I'd love to see them try again now that they've had experience with Sly

But I think they might be stuck doing VR shit and B-team back-up developing

But she wasnt. She was never even evil when in the gang, she apologised profusely for her standing around comment, she clearly apreciated being saved when blinded, she clearly trusted Bentley to save her and they liked eatchother since the start, sharing a lot of interests and even helping one another in belgium. Sure, it was in her interest but dont forget she tried her best to also save Murrays van.

She was never evil when in the gang and she loved Bentley. Never as a batshit yandere however.

Carmelita is supposed to sound like a latina, she barely doesn't sound one in 2

There's no way a TV series is going to look like the movie did

Even if it's CG they're gonna have to change the designs because otherwise it'll be way too costly and they more than likely have no budget

He's easily in my top 3 characters, seeing him and Panda King come back in 3 was awesome, and I like how it expanded the Cooper Gang's enemies beyond the villain of the episode.

Carmelita's acting in 2 is genuinely awful. I don't know how anyone can defend that shit.

I’m a newfag that just finished the collection last month, here are my thoughts with no nostalgia.
Sly 1 was short but fun, only complaints are the occasional retarded minigame and bugs
Sly 2 started off really strong with the paris and india levels after that it started to get really bloated with repetitive missions (hacking and recon photos) and overall story with neyla
Sly 3 had in my opinion the most interesting worlds and has alot variety in terms of missions but I understand how someone can feel like there’s too many minigames and not enough sly missions
Sly felt and looked so much like dogshit I dropped it after the intro and FUCK they messed up carmelita

You might be genuinely retarded if you think her acting in 2 was anything less than the best Carm's ever gotten

Sly 4*

Bugs in Sly 1 are from bad porting. The game is a masterpiece and the best in the series. People are wowed by 2 when they first get into it, but as you said the game really drags and is filled with trash minigame missions.

she didn't care about anyone else except for Sly -> Bentley. Hell, she didn't even resonate with Guru or Panda King unlike the other cast.

And yeah that's the point of yandere - you love someone so much that you see others obstructive to that person you love.

Doesn't stop it from sounding forced and out of place every single time so far

I'm glad I didn't let Yea Forums scare me away from Sly 4.

Once you get used to the way Sly controls (Sly is just shittier in 4, less movement, they nerfed him for the sake of level design) it's basically just a love letter to 2, the best game in the series.

3 was a fucking mistake. I made it to the pirate chapter before I just dropped it.

whaaat I fucking loved the recon. I also don't consider Sly 2 better or worse than the original - just different and expanded on the first game in new and interesting ways.

Oh then sly 1 is probably my favorite then, its just simple and fun.
I honestly don’t get the sly 2 favoritism, after the first two levels (and the haunted world) it’s just a slog to play through, I mean does anyone remember navigating through the fucking jungle with the vines

>I made it to the pirate chapter before I just dropped it.
You'd hate it even more if you made it to the end

Remember how a huge part of Bentley's arc in 2 was understanding his strengths and how he's a vital member of the gang even though he felt superfluous before?

There's a big scene in the climax of 3 where Dr. M is like "join me, Bentley, we're the big brain boys and those stinky Coopers don't even like us," preying on insecurities Bentley no longer has for some reason

The writing in general was complete dogshit in 3, goddamn it makes me mad
The entire premise of the Cooper Vault is retarded
Sly's dad's gang is an absolute insult to Sly
Dr. M was a shitty villain
None of the new members contribute anything the trio weren't capable of in 1/2

2 was my favorite as a kid, and I don't think many people actually revisit the series as adults. 2 is just a mess after the first couple worlds. Tons of padding and lame minigame missions.

>preying on insecurities Bentley no longer has for some reason

what, the whole deal was that M was trying to trick Bentley that he was only being used by Sly, when it wasn't. It wasn't about being superfluous.

Getting put in a wheelchair changes a man

At any rate, Dr. M is appealing to a problem that doesn't exist

It's like he's following up on a plot thread that got cut, it's so out of left field

>game has your fetish

Attached: 07E4AFA1-7ECE-41D4-A76D-6072E8A352AE.jpg (290x218, 16K)

Did you completely forget Bentley being insecure over the way Penelope was attracted to Sly after she first joined?

youtube.com/watch?v=UC2W8AYRAHw

It wasn't a problem because that's the point. Bentley just questioned it for a bit but he assured himself and Murray. You'd have a point if they made a big deal out of it throughout the island but they didn't. It was just an attempt for M to sway Bentley but because "muh nakama" they didn't.

I totally forgot that. This moment, Bowser's Inside Story, that Zora queen from Link Between Worlds, all fetishes pushed on kids by deviant devs.

I remember all the levels and I enjoyed navigating all of them.

>try to land on her tits and butt during the bossfight
>no resultant macro fetish

Attached: it ok.png (230x230, 133K)

In other words it was yet another half-baked cliche they threw in because they seriously just didn't try with Sly 3

is it really a cliche though? it's a nice painting with the mystery of Sly's dad

Attached: 1548880367772.png (543x416, 200K)

"The bad guy pleads with the hero to join him" is definitely a cliche

no more cliche than the rest, but the whole "I'm not my dad" is rarely used in mascot platformers

I really don't like what they did to Sly's dad, and to Sly by proxy, with the introduction of Dr. M and McSweeney

I think it really invalidates Sly's gang, which I see as Sly's unique accomplishment and the thing that sets him apart from his ancestors
But it turns out his father did it first

Like fuck that
Just fuck that

But we know at least that his group is different because they treat each other like family. Hell 3 and 4 implied some worked alone.

Every power was different yet has similar shooting, grenade, missile, and misc traversal. They are universally interchangeable. The game plays well and looks pretty, but feels uninspired.

Sly's gang was still unique in that regard because Sly didn't think of himself as above the others. He wanted Bentley and Murray there when the vault opened because they mattered more to him than just a means to an end to get the job done.

Attached: Sly_Gang.png (640x360, 286K)

>The writing in general was complete dogshit in 3, goddamn it makes me mad
Subjective, but OK. I thought it was good.
>The entire premise of the Cooper Vault is retarded
It plays off the whole Cooper ancestry that was such a big part of Sly's character in the first game and provides a decent motivation. Also it ties into the game's themes of legacy and ego if you want to read into it that deep.
>Sly's dad's gang is an absolute insult to Sly
Genuinely don't understand what you mean by this.
>Dr. M was a shitty villain
He had a motivation to hate Sly and had a deranged personality (killing off his guards for simple mistakes, creating mutants for no reason other than to attack intruders) that makes him interesting and easy to dislike.
>None of the new members contribute anything the trio weren't capable of in 1/2
Penelope maybe, because of all the RC stuff that Bentley did in the previous game, but the others each have unique gameplay. That's not even considering their roles in the story, which you seem to be more fixated on than how they play. Panda King having to make peace with Sly for the sake of his daughter and Bentley and Penelope's romance were pretty well-thought out character arcs.

I liked Sanzaru's attempt, but they were gimped by Sony overhead. The whole reason the motion controls were forced was because of Sony.

>we will never get "Sly Cooper: [Insert] Trilogy" that seriously updates the graphics and has characters/locations that truly reflect the concept art
KILL ME

>Not calling it Sly Cooper and the Thievious Trilogious

Sony really wanted them to make a game from 2007, huh? It shows.

GREASY SWEET

Attached: 1554720137504.png (800x778, 502K)

SHOW YOUR BLING AND LET ME SHINE YOU

Attached: LET'S DANCE.jpg (474x364, 23K)

Oddly enough, Ace Attorney. Except you’re building a case instead of planning a heist

Giantess Carmelita.

ALTO
ALTO
BASS
BASS

The Contessa levels were pure fucking kino and had me enthralled at 10 years old

Carmelita's Sly 2 voice actor was the best one, fight me

>I'LL FIND YOU COOPER
>I'll be seein' ya soon... Ringtail

D I A M O N D S

I am gay for Tennesse Cooper and Galleth Cooper

What ever happened to their pirate ship? Did it just go down with the island?

bump

So what's the consensus on those Sly Cooper Retrospective videos on YouTube?

Clockwork appearing in places in Sly 4 was a nice touch

Attached: 1481123525772.png (552x560, 157K)

Sly is the first Cooper

I thought they were occasionally pretentious (It's still a kids' game, it doesn't need to be read into that much), but good otherwise at explaining why they were so good. I'm just happy Sly's getting this amount of attention years after it had been relevant.

I found Galleth Cooper annoying, probably because it just wasn't how I pictured his character though.
Tennessee Cooper is honestly my favorite part about Thieves in Time, he was probably the ancestor I wanted to see the most, and he was really fun to play as. Even if his voice is just Cowboy Teddie. I was excited when it turned out Carmelita's gameplay style was similar so it could continue past the Wild West world and then she was only used in like one mission after that world, ignoring the dancing minigame.
How similar are the Ratchet and Clank games to Tenessee and Carmelita's gameplay styles? Still need to play those games.

Bondage, Hypnosis, Mind Break, or any combination of the 3?

It's half-and-half, really. She was always a shifty disguise-dresser out to make as much money as possible and simply found the ultimate way in 4, but also still had a thing for Bentley even up until you fight her (again) and wanted him to join hrt.

The real OoC part was how she just dropped Sly and co. so quickly, and I hope if 5 ever happens they fix this somehow.

I actually really enjoyed the pirate segment in Sly3.

I actually wish it was longer and made me really long for a good pirate game (with an arcadey feel). I enjoyed just sailing around and fucking shit up.

Is there even any chance for a new sly game? As much as I would like to see sly 5, who can make it without butchering the art/characters/story?

Attached: 1561511728163.png (853x480, 485K)

REMEMBER SLY, JUMP AND PRESS THE O BUTTON

Personally I loved those recon missions. Sly 2 was honestly a very good game.

How would you feel if Thieves in Time never happened, and instead Sly never went back to being a thief and the 4th game focused on him working as a spy instead

Recon was great. It contextualized the exposition for the episodes and most of them were on the other side of the map, so you had to figure out how to get there before you got to the mission.

Why did they give her pirate boots though

If Sony's been paying any attention at all to the recent platformer-revival surge going on, and if the show is still greenlit, then absolutely.

No guarantees, but the chances are higher than before.

Just about the only thing i can appreciate from that pile of shit

I played all these recently for the first time and actually enjoyed 4. What did you guys not like about it? Was it the change in artstyle or the loose controls?

>rent the PS3 version
>register that I own it on PSN
>keep the Vita version

4 was okay.

>this not small time favor like will you water my fish or feed my plant
I didn't get this until so many years later for some reason

>but the others each have unique gameplay.
Panda King and Guru could have easily been gadgets/abilities for Bentley and Murray. They literally do only one thing.
From a conceptual level, Panda King uses explosives, something Bentley already does.
The Guru runs guards into objects to destroy them, which Murray could already do by throwing them.
And Dimitri's diving could've easily been a minigame for Sly.
SP failed to make any of them feel necessary to the operation.
>That's not even considering their roles in the story
Ultimately none of the extra members have any personal stakes in the Cooper Vault.
They only agree to help Sly because he does them a favor.
That's not very well-thought out at all.

It wouldn't have been that hard to connect Dr. M to the chapter villains like Clockwerk and Arpeggio were. Then that'd give the new members actual motive to take down Dr. M and follow Sly to that end.
Well, The Guru would still be a bit contrived because the villain was a fucking mask

Clockwerk best serious villain, Dimitri best comedy villain

I don't think anything would really be lost. Sly 4 didn't add anything to the story that really made much of an impact. Also I could have gone without hearing Steven Jay Blum doing a really awful Japanese voice for Riochi.

>Alesia Glidewell
UNF

As not a good game as Sly 4 is, I actually think the Carmelita voice in that is the best in the series. You get the accent, which Sly 2 didn't quite have compared to the other games, without it sounding too goofy like Sly 1 and 3. It's the perfect balance in my opinion.
Too bad Carmelita was underutilized in Sly 4.

I think this was mainly because they intended Sly 3 to be the end so they wanted to do a grand Ocean's 11 style heist where you have a full squad instead of a small gang since it should be the huge climax to a trilogy.
In terms of gameplay and role they were easily replaceable with things for Sly, Bentley and Murray, they just wanted that Ocean's 11 feel to the game to close the series.

If they make more Sly games they should be prequels set between 1 and 2. Just give us more fun heists with the main 3 cooper gang. They've got a winning formula, just plug a few new settings and villains into it.

>Bentley:.....
>Bentley:......
>Mugshot: You’ve...You’ve really got nothing nice to say? Ouch

These games were amazing

Nothing beats Canada 1

Comfiest hideout

3 was the best.

TENOR
SOPRANO
TENOR
SOPRANO

venice guards had the most aesthetic outfits

Sly 4 had its problems, but I still love this track. England was the best map in the game too.
youtube.com/watch?v=JrfvZ8XI2Aw

She's still one of the cutest characters in the series, even if she had no fashion sense in 3 and her arc in 4 was unnecessarily dismissive of her old arc.
Weren't there people who complained she was or acted too young for a romance arc in 3, or something like that? One thing I liked about her redesign in 4 is that they made her look like a mature femme fatale without going over the top with it, as much as I like the concept art of the blatantly evil Penelope.

Attached: 7acb5bc968ef54f57988790e8ef2f9e2.jpg (980x778, 155K)

Great series.

>My favorite vidya trilogy of all time
>Yea Forums threads about it actually remain on topic and are civil
No better feeling, thanks brahs

Attached: 1563838382537.jpg (625x625, 44K)

3 had more honestly

Agreed.

Sly 2 was just amazing from a gameplay and writing standpoint outside of Neyla
>the museum heist
>clue bottles
>Paris being comfy as shit
>AAAAAHHH LET'S DANCE
>dancing with Carmelita
>Murray vs the tiger
>bring scared shitless to play as Bentley in chapter 4 after Neyla's betrayal
>chapter 5 level design and the war between Contessa and Neyla
>fighting the bears in Canada
>that feeling of failure when you lose all the pieces of the of bird after
>Bentley ended up crippled at end of the game

The only shit I didn't like was the tank controls for the tank missions. Pure cancer

Sly 3 was my first entry into the series and it blew me away. Ended up playing them in reverse order, maybe someone else did this too?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-11-22-41-05.png (1280x720, 514K)

Right here, pal.

Why didn't you like Neyla though? She's fine.

It’s known enough to warrant threads but not extremely popular to warrant shitposters. Plus all around good series

This

I played Sly 3 first, rented Sly 1 at blockbuster and then bought a used copy of Sly 2 which runs pretty well

Sly edit of this pic when?

Second

I love you guys. I want Sly to hit the bump limit

On PS5 they need to do a full HD remake of the entire series as a collection like with Crash and Spyro. All 4 games remade for PS5. Then if it does well enough, they can finally do the 5th game.

I'll never forgive how they botched Ruby's boss battle in the HD remake. It was my favorite part of the whole series. What a blunder.

I had already had to sell my valuable possessions when they made the remake.. how did they mess it up? That part was great

The timing is a bit off in the fight.

That sucks. I had the original version's battle down to the point where I could face away from the TV and hold a light conversation while beating it.

Me and my sister would play the versus modes on Sly 3 all day after school. Carmelita was OP in cops and robbers!!

>that panic you felt during the mission where you gotta dart the giant wolf as Bentley

Attached: 42EB7823-AFCE-4BF2-B6D3-F8CE080BCF7E.jpg (225x225, 7K)

>you're too far for the dart to have effect

Attached: 3df62adc3b28cc69ea9099a435646caa.jpg (236x282, 22K)

It's real holy shit even after 15+ years I learn new shit about this game. First you can knock down part of the side platforms of Dimitri's sign with Bentley to make a walkway for sly, now this

Attached: Screenshot_20190813-100936_Chrome.jpg (996x1353, 636K)

If they kept Arpeggio as the main villain, then Sly 2 would have been a masterpiece.

Him buying all the parts and hearing his plan was kino as fuck.

Attached: 473467587462.jpg (512x390, 28K)

Still think the story was amazing. The fact that everything the villains did and their settings tied into the ending and the grand plan was just great

THREE NO FOUR BOWL FULLS

I did what I could.

Attached: rac.jpg (625x625, 82K)

I remember the dub being good too. Was surprised that they swore when sly said "Peido de baleia". I freaked the fuck out.

Also, Davide?

so sad that I freaked over this too. It's really lonely being a PT person cuz your country never gets acknowledged and there are no PT characters in anything

Nice!!!!

Nice.

Attached: 1490600426773.png (289x407, 162K)

Fucken saved

Attached: lel.jpg (927x662, 86K)

You're not the only one who loves this trilogy user

Attached: sly smug.jpg (273x277, 9K)

Saved this one

last one I got

Attached: sly.jpg (367x304, 8K)

This one will always be my favorite

Bumperino

Post best flashlight guards

Attached: B54327A4-F4CC-4F8C-A7D2-FAA17288CC4A.png (307x363, 149K)

Easily

Attached: er3758473463.png (237x159, 59K)

FILTHY BANANA EATERS

Attached: Stone_Jake.png (634x596, 301K)

I loved The Murray

Anyone else not really like sly 1?
I mean, it's a perfectly fine game. But every time I try to play it it just makes me want to play 2 or 3 or even 4 instead.
The series works so much better as a partial open world mission based game.

why

Attached: Penelope_Sly_4.png (290x465, 121K)

1 is a pleb filter.

Clockwerk and LeParadox had literally the same motive, they were salty the Coopers were better than them, so they wanted to humiliate and erradicate the family and be the best master thief ever, both are cucked losers, the difference is that Clockwerk is actually menacing, misterious and strong

Just finished it literally an hour ago, it's a copypasta of crash games for ps1, 3 was much better, going to play 2 soon

That crossbow looked goofy and badass all at the same time

>jumpscares you

Attached: 1.png (313x301, 76K)

>irst you can knock down part of the side platforms of Dimitri's sign with Bentley to make a walkway for sly
Huh? What?

>episode opening sells him as hot shit and a weird and cunning mix of Raleigh and Muggshot
>is killed and never mentioned again after the initial recon mission

Man, have they actually explain what was neylas deal at some point?
Like she just hates sly and takes over the klaww gang for no real reason. At the time i didnt care cause i was having fun playing but now it came to me

A myriad of reasons
>smaller area than the past two games
>only two islands compared to 1's three, and each island is half as dense as 2's
>plot wasn't as compelling as 1 or 2, Delsin just isn't as likable and his companions aren't interesting
>different artstyle, didn't feel as comic book as the previous games
>cashed in on the multiple powers shtick, ended up doing it worse than inFamous 2
I'll expand on this point. In Second Son, you had 4 powers to choose from and an upgrade tree. All the powers are essentially the same except Neon lets you run fast.
inFamous 2 let you choose fire or ice as your second power depending on your karmic alignment. You could swap out your chosen power with certain abilities, like you could give yourself an ice launch to make moving around easier, or add ice to you weird pushing power to increase damage against enemies, but you could still switch back to older iterations of your power in the upgrade tree. It felt far more expansive than Second Son, where every power feels the same.
I'll go on
>collectibles are literally marked on the main map when inFamous 2 perfected blast shard collecting by adding the sensor as a reward for beating all the side missions
>side missions are removed, replaced by generic Far Cry outposts
>this by extension means your karmic alignment only effects cutscenes and your characters clothes, doesn't change what side missions you get as there are none (remember the side mission where you help the ice guy through multiple missions and he slowly mutates until you have to kill him? No you don't)
>story is generally smaller, less stuff happens
>First Light adds nothing to the conversation despite technically being a sequel, and if it's meant to be a fun stand alone DLC, it doesn't add unique abilities like inFamous 2's Festival of Blood
>the story can't happen
I could go on. It has been years since SS but I still feel that anger and disappointment.
2 > 1 > FoB > FL > SS

Get to the heist in world 1. When Bentley and Murray need to go unlock the truck, bomb the two yellow side overhangs on the peacock sign. You'll know what I mean. They fall down creating a ramp for Sly to run up when he needs to climb the sign and catch the hook. Found out about that a year ago on here I think.

>I feel transgressed and violated
Best villain

This thread is severely lacking grease.

Attached: greasy.webm (640x360, 267K)

>ice guy from 2
I loved those side missions, really cool. Vermaak88 were cool in general.

see

>starts off fairly well spoken
>as you complete each side mission his speech becomes more broken
>final mission he's just a hulking monster you have to put down
Sad times.
Also, inFamous 2 did a really good job with its side characters. Not even just talking about Zeke, Kuo and Nix, I mean people like the Rebels and the Militia. That moment in the final good mission where the militia are cheering you on is so great.

I remember seeing trailers for Sly 2 and being hyped as shit at the open world hubs and general improvements, though I missed out on playing the demo somehow. Then Sly 3 seemed to hype me up even more if only so I could use Carmelita's shock pistol. Shame about Sly 4.

Also Dimitri is the greasy sweetiest boss and level in the series.

Attached: Slide Pooper.png (700x438, 209K)

There is no such thing as too much grease. Therefore, there is always not enough.

God these games are so fucking good, I hope they release them for the ps4 because I want to replay them.

That while he was hyped up since chapter 6.

fuck this asshole

>shoot him with sleep dart
>drop bomb on him
>walk away

Attached: 1564681296832.jpg (351x401, 9K)

Yeah
>oh my god this guy has been planning to backstab the rest all time
>he has a much bigger and dangerous goal
>he fucking has all the pieces now
>HE LITERALLY ASSEMBLED CLOCKWERK ALREADY
>oh nvm Neyla killed him and she's the big bad now

Sly 2 had one big problem for me as a kid, my TV was so fucking dark that really dark levels weren't doable. I was able to do the temple with some trouble, but the prison was literally pitch black in many spots. I beat the game a few years back and nothing gave me much trouble.

If sly and carmaleta had a kid would it be either a complete racoon or fox, or would it be some kind of mixture of the two? We've never seen hybrid animals in the games. How does it work

>We've never seen hybrid animals in the games
How can you be sure?

I mean, we HAVE seen hybrids

Attached: 1555578763284.png (584x330, 221K)

3D buddy collectathons from PS1/PS2 are actually so fucking based as a genre its insane. You had shit ones too but B&K, J&D, R&C, Sly and Crash and Spyro are a rushmore of their own in gaming

Weren't those just experiments made by Dr M?

Yeah, but still

Attached: 1563704731708.png (469x365, 159K)

Sly 1 is great except for the 8 mini-games per world which are all dogshit, including half the boss fights.

They don't get better in the sequels, just easier and less of them

B-Mask's retrospective on youtube is long as fuck but pretty thoughtful would reccomend

It's probably the sole reason we have a Sly thread on page 1

>part 3 came out
FINALLY

Is he gonna do 4? I know he kinda teased it at the end of 3.

I actually enjoyed 4

HERESY

He said in a previous video that preceeded the Sly 3 vid that he will be making a vid about TiT, but he wanted to make it separate from the trilogy retrospective.

Eh it ok

Yeah well they kinda fucked it up

>tank controls for the tank missions
The absolute horror, I can't believe it

AAAAAAAAAAH DON'T REMIND ME

MAMA MIA, I WANNA BE BURIED

Based

Kek

Loved it

Murray a cute

i wish carmelita was my mom

I would fuck your mom.

Is it bad that I started with the 4th game?

I fapped to Murray’s belly

If you liked it, you're in for an amazing series

Well, that's comforting. But I still hold a grudge against it for making me a furry.

Second Son vs. Infamous 1 and 2 is the best example of the Soul vs Soulless meme, let's just say that

It's okay, user. Jerking off to carmalita doesn't count.

Thanks, I needed that.

So..whatever happened to Neyla's body when she entered Clockwerk's frame?

Attached: Neyla.jpg (430x252, 17K)

gone

>it's bait to want a yes or no answer instead of a fucking novel from an autistic

Kinda gives off a Bond-style evil scientist look, I'm guessing that's why.

She's be less intimidating in her overalls.

>what went so right
It didn't try to just be Sly 1 again. It tried to be its own thing. It decided to be an open world game where you run around and take missions in each persistent area. And it worked wonderfully, complementing what Sly 1 did while doing stuff completely new on its own.

Attached: Sly carmelitaedit.png (700x783, 199K)

>literally only 2 and 1/4 lines long
Maybe you're the autist.

Who's your favorite playable character outside of Sly? I always liked shooting shit up as Carmelita in 3.

Attached: Carmelita_and_Security.png (1018x570, 463K)

ambitious developers

I forget because I haven't played 2 or 3 in so long, but was there anything to "do" in the open worlds? Aside from go from one mission to another and kill guards, was there anything to actually do? Or were the open worlds just used as a way to go from one mission to another.

In Sly 2 you can collect clue bottles to open a safe hidden somewhere in the level, as well as collect treasures to return to the safehouse and sell on ThiefNet

Sly 3 removed bottles so only treasures remain

Bottles, treasure, guard pickpocketing, exploring the place itself, smashing shit up for coins. Personaly I mostly just chilled and colected the bottles while being so immersed in it.

Something so satisfying about finally getting behind the sights of Carmelita's shock pistol in 3. Wish the game let you play as her in the free roam mode as well as in the specific missions. It annoyed me how her super jump had a different animation than her actual mega jump, however. Crouching down and doing a regular jump animation instead of the horizontal, arms and legs outstretched move she's used since Sly 1.

Attached: 1363506314922.png (1018x462, 30K)

>We came up with the brilliant "rock strategy"
youtube.com/watch?v=CYQqowYuJeY
These dev commentaries always make me laugh, I wish they kept them as a tradition throughout the trilogy

Arpeggio's role could've been expanded a lot. They should've had him as a boss battle, then afterwards crawling towards Clockwerk only for Neyla to kick him away or something.

What the fuck was Dimitri's club like if ALL the food was laced with the spices? I'd imagine adding in normal club behaviour and it is a riot down there.

I liked the 1st one better with it's linear levels. Tried playing the 2nd one several times but I just couldn't get into it. Haven't even tried 3 or 4 even though I have them since I want to finish 2 first but have no motivation to do it. I just don't like the open levels, dunno why.

>more gentlemen callers than the operator
Absolutely demolished

Attached: 1555042535334.jpg (320x320, 18K)

Anyone know the author of these?

DIOS MIO

Yep. Rented the game and ps2. That oceans 11 opening was my introduction to sly.

Being Bentley made you fucking stone cold. At least Sly and Murray will just beat them over the head.

Even carmalita only has a stun gun. Bently just stone cold blows them up with bombs

You really don't wanna know, not anymore.

Attached: 1.png (326x351, 10K)

Replaying the series on my HDD PS2, Sly 1's opening and ending are fucking iconic.

>gave away my ps2 copies of 1 and 2 when we got the hd collection
>pc too shit to emulate sly 2 and 3 at full speed
>ps3 hd collection has started annoying me more and more
At least I can still emulate 1 without any big issues.
Bentley in 3 is mad fun to play as. Especially when you unlock his quadruple jump.

Attached: Thing.png (1267x939, 421K)

Even after all these years these games hold a special place in my heart

I really enjoyed it the first time around. Then I played the series in full and liked it less the second time. I haven't played it yet again.

THIS JUST HAPPENS TO BE A LEMONADE BAR

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

WHY, THAT'S CHEATIN'! THE TURTLE SPILLED MORE THAN HE DRANK!
And you all know what we do with cheaters 'round here!

I always liked Neyla for some reason, think she was one of the first genuine sociopaths I've seen in media so she left a big impact.

>Probably got shifted along the way
Shut it, Delta

it makes me so happy that this thread is still up

Name a better track to set the mood of the game
youtube.com/watch?v=RXRmPDZS8To

More like quadriplegic jump

He's only paraplegic you dingus.

That can be fixed.

Charlie may have had a point at how obviously gutted Up Your Arse was due to multiplayer, but the writing was the tightest shit.

Sly 3, honestly.

She's a power hungry sociopath, user.