ITT: Games with potential that ended up being disappointing

ITT: Games with potential that ended up being disappointing

Attached: Whiteknight.png (309x422, 144K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9DhVHJKAxc8
youtube.com/watch?v=fQrNOM6pp5Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

pic unrelated because White Knight Chronicles was GotY for me.

I liked the novel idea that your created character was just some shmuck off to the side and was only directly mentioned in like 2 cutscenes in the entire game. The one time they bothered to ask you a question, you have this look of shock like "What do I do? They noticed I exist." Especially when your character (or at least mine) was superior to most of the others. Never got around to playing 2, but I had fun with the multiplayer in 1.

Disappointing? Try insulting.
>create a character
>isn't the MC
>never speaks
>MC becomes a giant robot knight
>three other characters are also giant robot knights
>you don't become one until the end of the second game
>it's optional and has no bearing on the story
>your giant robot knight is a booger-green default color and can only be changed by purchasing DLC
>colors are sold separately
>you aren't the chosen one
>almost everyone else is
>MC disappears constantly in the second game
>gives you more attention
>never makes you anything more than a side character regardless
>another character becomes a giant robot knight and steals your thunder
>MC returns during the hardest boss in the game under leveled and under equipped
>MC becomes the final boss for no real reason
Jesus Christ this game.

but user, at least the online was fun

Attached: Wkc2-dinivas-black-knight.jpg (997x1080, 176K)

shut up insert fag

Horrible taste

It’s a damn shame too because the trailer got me hyped.
youtu.be/9DhVHJKAxc8

I bought this game in a bargain bin for 10$. Never bothered playing it though

Don’t play it. It’s not worth the time unless you have 2 no then it’s still not worth it.

the main theme was pretty based, much better than the one in the second game.

>Never got around to playing 2
They try to involve your character a little more in 2, at one point the party is just you, Yulie, and Elmdore, and if you do a side quest you can get your own customizable knight
>final main story boss seals away the knights
>except the avatars since it's a brand new one and not tied to the ancient empire
It's to bad we never got the avatars story dlc in the west

I admit I wouldnt mind being a rando soldier but thats like plot cucking. Why does Japan do this? The West has its own problems but this shit is just...horrible.

>can only be changed by purchasing DLC
This is wrong, you can make colors the same way you can make new gear

>Playing WKC for the story
Fucking plebs, the story was only there as an excuse for the multiplayer which was a mmorpg-lite, or instance based mmorpg.

WKC 2 online is one of the best online rpgs I ever played, it was so fucking good. Building my own town, join clans, inviting people to grind certain mats in certain quest, higher rank quests were hard as fuck(though not as hard as the jap exclusive content), so much fun and so fucking comfy. I easily put well over 2 thousand hours of playtime and played it until the servers shut down. Goddamn the servers shutting down still stings so fucking hard till this day, how I miss this game.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Multiplayer was the best part of this game. While horribly grindy it was very comfy.
Them dumping the giant robot after like halfway through new game mode was kind of odd to me but oh well

I really feel bad for those who never got to experience the multiplayer in it's full glory.

>I now remember my comfy town in the desert

Attached: wherediditgowrong.jpg (600x630, 22K)

>it's an axe user demands to be coddled and have someone cast the shield buff on him over and over even though bow users have a higher dps

>tfw soloing gr26 shit with my dps focused mage

>tfw autistically unlocking every npc to hire in your town
>grinding mats to craft stuff to put in your town
>wasting hundreds of hours just making different towns and saving them
>just wandering around your comfy town while listening to the music
youtube.com/watch?v=fQrNOM6pp5Q

White Knight Chronicles was for me, a very strange game. It's like a game dev team went into my brain, made a game specifically tailored to my tastes and desires and made a game centered around what I wanted. There's only one, or two other games I feel that way about. I like pretty much everything about it, online and offline, I love the battle system, the setting, the waifus, the weapons, the levelling system, everything. All the things that other people hate about the games, I either don't mind or outright prefer. It's a huge shame everyone else hated them.

Everyone else also seems to hate Dark Souls 2, which I also feel this way about. I guess my gamer tastes are just too high IQ.

Attached: 1408925976995.jpg (500x650, 79K)

Multiplayer was basically FFXI but with less stuff to do.

this game was actually great, no idea why it got so low reviews

Because it has a slow start and the story is pretty generic, the town building and multi-player is where it shines

no, story and setting was great

Ni no kuni that game is generic and bland as fuck