Always get easily spooked by horror games

>Always get easily spooked by horror games.
>Avoid them like plague.
>Have a bunch of them in my library, from bundles and impulse purchases.
>Whenever I tried playing one, I would move very carefully, be wary of every corner, every door. Dread would fill my mind with every moment.

>Say fuck it one day and power through one.
>Attempt new approach. Don't sneak and don't act carefully.
>Just walk normally, open doors quickly, don't hesitate when turning around, or walking around corners. Essentially play it like any other game.
>Realize that actual scary encounters are rare, because the devs know that having them too often would make the player desensitized.
>Realize that there's nothing to them, that anything scary was just in my own imagination.
>Play some more horror games.
>They all seem boring and predictable now.
>Have lost all emotional reaction to the things supposedly "scary".

Is there any other genre that can be ruined by playing the games?
I don't know how to feel about this. The horror genre always was spooky to me, until I actually went and played some games.

pic unrelated

Attached: 645ba6f7aed979a835af684e392c1045.jpg (728x1189, 333K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/kai_tomohiro/status/945545689752207360
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fun is in your own imagination too, m8.

Yes, it is. What does that have to do with my post?

twitter.com/kai_tomohiro/status/945545689752207360
here you go

Every RPG with level ups and largely static battle systems.
Grind even a little bit and you can often trivialize everything in the game. Story loses all fucking tension when you can pummel everybody including the final boss before they can even act.
Or you're at the appropriate level which makes the fight tedious, protracted and routine. Do the same shit forty times in a row, heal when necessary, in order to whittle down the boss's big stupid health bar. There isn't even any strategy beyond making sure your dudes stay alive/are quickly healed up after eating the boss's big attack it uses every X turns.

NICE BLOG FAGGOT

I still get scared by horror games because I let myself get taken by them. I wanna get scared. They need to be good, tho.

>OP is afraid of being spooked and is, of course, jizz-cranium
Defacto beta male

I'm trying to have a conversation about something I've noticed with the games I've been playing recently.

Can't this just be boiled down to shit design though? It's not something inherent to the genre.

Have you tried reading past the first line?

That works for you?

Blitzing through a horror game and murdering the atmosphere doesn't mean you have conquered your fear, it means you're just cheating. Might as well set gamma to max and play with a service dog on your lap.

I think you got “hyped” too hard and got disappointed you aren’t shitting your pants. I played Fatal Frame and while it isn’t balls to the wall scary, it still makes me tense up when fighting ghosts. Just set your expectations right next time or something. I think it’s just mental shit.
Also what good spook games to play
I have most of the FF series, Siren 1-2 aaand that’s it.

Attached: 67E793B7-8036-47EB-A037-3F5D6C84F170.jpg (1920x1080, 67K)

>Blitzing through a horror game and murdering the atmosphere
That's not what I said and that's not what I did. What's the point of your response?

That's what I've thought. When I was a kid, I was scared shitless of the dumbest things. The TV series X-Factor, with the Star Trek guy host made me freeze up completely. Maybe I expected to experience the same thing, ignoring that I grew up in the meantime.

>that's not what I did
>>Just walk normally, open doors quickly, don't hesitate when turning around, or walking around corners. Essentially play it like any other game.

Yes, user. Playing normally and "blitzing through" are completely different concepts. I don't know what to tell you. I didn't rush through in an attempt to avoid everything, I just played ad a regular pace, like games from any other genre.
Maybe work on your reading comprehension, or whatever.

Attached: shrug1.jpg (1200x628, 52K)

Speaking of horror games, how do you fags deal with tank controls? Is there a mental trick to it? It feels especially awful on stick controls.

Get used to it, I guess.

Holy shit are you me OP?
I had the exact same shit going on. It's even worse for any horror game that isn't a hide and seek or walking simulator, because if I'm given any means to fight back even if ammo is a rare ressource or melee very dangerous, I'll instantly switch from the prey to predator mindset and proceed even more agresively with an underdog attitude of "COME GET SOME"

>spooky
Are you 4?
Imagine being scared of pixels fucking faggot.

horror games are youtuber and streamer bait so they can do fake screams and then their gullible audience buys it too

This.

No, I'm also talking about games in which you're helpless against the enemies. My approach might get me killed a couple of times, since I'll end up running right into the big bad foe, but it's not like you can't die in any other game.
When you just open a door a little bit and see something spooky crawl around in a dark room your imagination runs wild.
When you just open the door fully, you see the entire room and just some scripted shit responding to your action.

It's like that old trope with scared people watching horror movies. They look away and are scared, but the moment they look at it head on, all they see is a guy in a bad rubber suit.

Yes, user. You're the big adult we all admire. So mature.
Maybe read past the first line next time.

>read the first line
>was quoting your dumbass scared faggot self's last fucking line
>spooky=/=spooked
Can't even remember the shit you just wrote. Faggot

Come on user, I already praised you. Go be autistic somewhere else.