Can someone explain to me dark sauce lore?

Attached: q4e2wfswf.jpg (1280x720, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dude light

Light what?

bump

first there was greyness
then a sacred fire called the "first flame" appeared, and with it introduced the concepts of light/darkness and life/death. After that humans appeared and searched through the first flame and found four godly souls personifying these duality abilities. with these souls empowering them they fought against the masters of the grey world, the everlasting dragons, conquered them and built a new world on top of it, dubbing it the "age of fire".

during this the guy who obtained the lord soul of light, gwyn, built a kingdom and as rewards for helping him, gave fragments of this soul to the one traitor dragon who fought alongside him in the war, and the four kings of a new settlement nearby for being good kings. however, he also feared mankind's natural affinity to the dark lordsoul, so he cursed the first flame, creating a "darksign" that renders man immortal, but also consigns them to insanity if they ever lose themselves.

eventually though the first flame started to fade, and gwyn, fearing the end, traveled back to the kiln of the first flame to feed it his soul to stoke the fire for as long as he could. meanwhile his descendants would trick humans seeking escape from the darksign into following gwyn's path and offering their own souls to stoke the flame too. the wielder of the lordsoul of life tried to replicate the first flame in an effort to keep it alive, but fucked up and went insane, creating "chaos flame" instead. the wielder of the lordsoul of death decided to sleep in his catacombs and pray to death, so other people were able to sap his power and weaken him. the dragon tried to achieve immortality on his own and went completely insane as a result, and the four kings were tricked into accepting the power of the abyss, which is filled with the power of the lordsoul of darkness.

so basically all of lordran now went to hell, and that's where dark souls 1 begins. you escaping from a prison to decide lordran's path for yourself.

There is no lore, its all half baked ideas that the devs through out to appease lore fags.

>Time is convoluted.tiff

DUDE
CYCLES
LMAO

read item descriptions

That the reason i post my question here, I don't have game, i am just intrested

The lore is that it's a video game and items have descriptions

Attached: 1496604396033.png (1856x900, 680K)

Watch VaatiVidya “Prepare to Cry” idk

Go watch vaati like the rest of the fags do.

Solaire as a knight of the sun is a quintessentially aryan figure
he represents medievalism without the church, the knightly caste as a warrior elite and Miyazaki as a nip (an honorary aryan of the east) understood this implicitly
PRAISE THE SUN, also gwyndolin as a lunar figure was a male born who took female characteristics
read Sex and character (otto weineger's masterpiece work on the archtypal masculine and feminine dynamics, and the effeminate nature of the jew)

I shouldn't have to explain the lunar associations with abrahamism

At first, the scalies ruled the world.
Then a lightfag gathered up a couple dudes and dudettes to fight them.
He was Big Sun Guy.
One of the scalies, hence refereed to as Naked Scalie, betrayed his fellow scalies because they made fun of him for being naked.
And so Big Sun Guy and his pals defeated the scalies and ruled over the world instead of the scalies.
Unfortunately for Big Sun Guy, the power that let him defeat the scalies and pay the electricity bill was fading away and a bunch of people started getting Cootie Marks on the back of their necks, which turned them into shambling zombie things.
To save the world, he sacrificed himself and basically sits around all day being constantly set on fire.
Eventually, this stops working and more people start turning into zombies.
That's where the player-character comes in to try to fix everything. Maybe.

>a long time ago there was nothing but trees and dragons and some dudes. No light/dark
>then people found a big fire and the fire made them gods with big dick souls
>big dicks fought the dragons and everything was light and cool
>then the big fire started to go out, they did some crazy shit to keep it lit and only worked a little
>so now you need to light the fire with your sexy, flammable body or let it go out.
>letting it go out makes everything dark
>humans could thrive in the dark like gods do in the light and there's a natural cycle of light/dark anyway so it's just about civilizations turning things over to one another
>but because people have been keeping it lit for so long the dark could have gotten worse and the cycle was fucked up
>who knows?
DaS4 better be set in the age of Dark/Deep Sea

dude burn bonfires

This is my headcanon

>Grey age, everyone's ruled over by dragons
>grey = immortality, dragons = immortal, DS2 hints that everyone was immortal before the Age of Fire
>Gwyn, Nito, some witch bitch find fire which makes them super powerful I guess, and keeps the world sunny as long as the fire burns
>the pygmy, who is a human and therefore of the Dark for some reason that isn't explained found one too but idk what the fuck he's done with it cause everyone thinks he's Manus of the Abyss ie the big dark lord supreme
>Seath tells Gwyn how to kill dragons, lightning + scales
>Gwyn, Nito, some bitch and Seath kill the dragons

>everything is alright for a time but the Fire which I'm guessing is supposed to be the Sun (this is hinted at in DS3) is starting to go out
>the witch bitch tries to reignite the flame but she fucks up and makes the Chaos flame which is just Hell + demons (demons aren't explored in the series at all, they're just beings with horns)
>the humans, which again are of the Dark, start sprouting Darkness cysts because they've been in the light for so long which make them immortal which is bad for some reason which is bad for some reason (DS2 makes it much more interesting)
>Gwyn ignites himself to keep the fire burning

>Gwyndolin and Frampt manipulate the player into becoming super powerful by the promise of becoming a king in order to make the same powerful kindling as Gwyn was
>Kaathe wants dark to prevail

This is probably vastly oversimplified and will make someone mad but the story in DS matters to me as much as story in Castlevania. Anyway what's the point of the pygmy having the fire? I just noticed that while writing this.

Attached: dark souls.png (928x539, 61K)

The fire is just what the Lord Souls appear as. The Pygmy was the ancestor of modern man, and him possessing the Lord Soul of Dark is why mankind has a natural affinity to the dark, and why Humanity sprites are found in the Chasm of the Abyss.

It's just that "humanity" is infectious, and for people who cannot control humanity, like the pure-hearted Artorias, they become corrupted by it and it erupts out of control. Like I have to wonder if Manus was truly insane, or if he just wanted his pendant back and was pissed that other people took it.

the first flame is in the kiln, my take is that the sun is a construct of gywn's power so everyone under it will know papa sunshine's number 1. but with so many undead following his footsteps the sun's overflowing with darkness
on a similar note my headcanon with solaire is he knew from the get go that the undead mission was to succeed gwyn, but he thought he'd be the new lord of sunlight rather than lord of cinder, that's why he's depressed in izalith because he learned the truth after killing ornstein and smough

Shit's fucked: game

Pymy basically just fucked off and created more humans

In the first game, it was implied that the fire started to die out because of how many humans were around, since more humans = more dark souls running around and the mroe powerful the darkness was, the weaker the light got
But i dont think they ever mentioned it again, so it was probably retconned

Humanity, in it's sprite form, represents what the Dark Soul is.

Consuming and controlling the Dark Soul allows for hollows to become thinking, breathing, functioning humans with minds and feelings.

The story is presented to you in a way that the Dark Soul is somehow a bad thing and that the pygmy is some shunned garbage.

The lore is presented by a biased and sometimes unreliable narrator.

Gwyn resents humans. The curse of the darksign pushes humans to want to retain their human form by sacrificing part of the original Dark soul that they're imbued with. In the end, the "gods" are using us to fuel their power, or flame in this case.

>this is hinted at in DS3
>the witch bitch tries to reignite the flame but she fucks up and makes the Chaos flame which is just Hell + demons
source?

Big Hat Logan is called thus because he wears a big hat.

>The fire is just what the Lord Souls appear as
It makes sense why the inventory sprites of great souls take the shape of embers. Never made that connection to be honest.

I was thinking the Kiln of the first flame is the power source of the sun. I never saved Solaire. Next time for sure.

I remember reading something about how Gwyn fuels the fire by making the humans burn bonfires.Though at that point I started thinking this is all headcanon so I stopped paying attention.

When you follow Yuria's path and suck the fire into yourself the Sun goes grey. The dark firelink area was supposed to be the same place as Firelink shrine but after the dark age started but got cut. The original story sounds more interesting desu.

As for the rest I couldn't remember so I looked up and found this. Quelaana dialogue.
>My mother, the Witch of Izalith, was one of the primeval Lords…
>Her power came from the soul that she found near the First Flame.
>She focused this power to light a flame of her own, but she failed to control it.
>The Flame of Chaos engulfed Mother and my sisters, and molded them into deformed creatures.
>Only I escaped, and now I am here.

>making the humans burn bonfires

That's exactly it. The fires are mini sources for the player characters to sit at and use to "regain" their humanity. In reality, the bonfires are the source for the gods powers and fuel for the First Flame.

Where is it stated that Gwyn created the dark sign? I don't see how humans constantly rising from the dead would help him. I always thought the undead curse was a result of the flame weakening.

Dark Souls II. The "First Sin" is Gwyn cursing humanity with the Darksign because he feared the power of the Dark Soul, to keep humanity in his control.

Dark Souls had a story you say?

In order for a human with the darksign to become whole again and stave off the effects of hollowing, you have to burn humanity. Burning humanity fuels Gwyn's power and continuously adds fuel to the First Flame.

It's essentially why Linking the flame is the bad ending.

The plot of Dark Souls is very simple. Undead is broken out of prison, rings two bells, kills some lords and does something with a fire mostly because he has nothing else to do. It's the lore (i.e. the backstory) that's interesting.

So there was like a big fire, and it burned all the planet, but one day, a person become like a god or something because he could control the fire, and so he creates a new world made out of fire, full of fire and fire stuff of course. But then, one day it rained so all the fire went out, and people started getting cold so they get angry and attack you, not nice.
There are dragons too, and lots waifus without context which i like.
Also, miyasaki confirmed that there were invisible clowns that only NPC could see, that would explain why they are always laughting at something.

Extinguishing the flame isn't exactly a good end either. Oolacile and New Londo tried to use the powers of the Dark Soul, and were corrupted to hell and back by it. Now imagine the rest of the world doing this once the First Flame is extinguished.

So it's either immolate yourself and keep what currently exists alive for a little while longer, or damn the entire world for an unknown chance at something different. Humanity might survive, but as shown with the two ruined kingdoms, they also might not.

Still the best summary to date: youtube.com/watch?v=M9x_koRZ2bA

Attached: 1049-1-1456336179.png (1080x720, 232K)

I like how this video just completely forgot about Nito

Whoooo???

Exactly. Nito does so little in the game, only existing so Pinwheel can sap his powers so the Chosen Undead can beat him. But he also has the Rite of Kindling, which is kind of a significant thing.

So basically this

my favorite meta element in DS story is involving the player into the cycle of hollowing. if you die to a boss, you try again. again and again and again. you run from the bonfire to the boss on autopilot and hack at the boss, completely having forgotten theres anything after.

the player character and the literal player experience hollowing at the same time.

>gwynerear

Attached: 1504148437121.jpg (426x382, 12K)

That was kind of my experience with Dark Souls II. Not knowing what anything did, I entered the Company of Champions covenant the first thing I did, then learned that the last reward in it is a cool ring that gives you strong punches, and decided to stick with it until I got enough Awestones for the ring. As a result, all the bosses I faced were harder by default, and all enemies respawned forever, so I didn't know DSII was different and they'd stop respawning after a while.

This got really frustrating in some obvious gankfest places like No-man's wharf, the dogs in Lost Bastille, the damn Belltower Gargoyles, but where I finally gave up was Iron Keep. There's no damn way to run past all the Alonne Knights, they're extremely quick and gang up on you, you have to kill them. So after like 50 times of killing them all, trying once against Smelter Demon because I needed that second bonfire, dying, and having to do it all over again, I gave up. I hollowed. I could just leave the covenant and clear out the area, but I wanted that ring too and didn't want to farm all the Awestones all over again.

>Gods need fire for life
>Humans don't
>Nigger god feels insecure about this and force humans to also need fire
>Fire keeps fucking going out
>Go kill some gods to put on the fire as fuel you monkey slave
Something along those lines I think

Go through Hawkshaw's channel. Trust me. Most people get details wrong but not him.

there is no lore
just a bunch of cryptic messages on items in a fragmented, decrepit world

fans put together some scraps from incomplete game