What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: apps.25179.65377716030309997.4ce8fd57-e617-46e7-9d4f-e8b49f4d07ef.c6a45f3d-a294-4a95-95e6-bcb8bab2ff (3840x2160, 1.82M)

No one asked for it/boring.

One of the updates fucked my save

far too little variation in core gameplay, far too few activities. also repetitive

i honestly forgot this launched already desu

Your mothers abortion.

Solid gunplay and weapons, bad everything else. Definition of a sequel no one asked for or wanted.

They made a sequel to Rage.

Sequel noone wanted to a game noone played
>how could this flop

The guns themselves are good but the enemies are trash and fighting is trash. It's glitchy as all hell. Things either die too quickly or too slowly and there's not really a balance between the weapons.
The upgrade system seems like a total afterthought and the UI seems like an unfinished prototype which they haven't even tried to polish post release despite them putting out new content.

you don't know it flopped. it had so little content that the production cost of this may have been seriously low

bethesda is a shitty company that bought a bunch of expired intellectual property from id founders

True, i meant it as in very small amount of people cared about the game

The HUD is fine, but the menus were fucking awful and ran at single digit FPS on PS4. Just trying to open the map and switch between upgrade tabs literally froze the game for seconds at a time every time. If you can't even make a static menu run properly, you have failed at a fundamental level. Yet the game seemed to run fine in gameplay. Made no sense.

I just remember being really surprised when Rage 2 got announced since no one really gave a shit about Rage 1.

No one asked for this.

It's worse on PC. It doesn't freeze but half of the menus aren't clickable which is bonkers. You have to use WASD to navigate some of the options because they just decided to close it out and ship it before it was finished.

I bought and upgrade that does bonus damage on unaware enemies which seems ok but now the game just awkwardly slows down every time i kill an unaware enemy. I understand completely that they were trying to create an epic gamer moment kill cam type effect but it's so janky and useless.

I genuinely enjoyed the gunplay

This. What went wrong is that it existed in the first place. Rage 1 was critically and financially meh, why they thought they could improve a formula with no unique selling point or innovation by doing the same thing again is beyond me

Denuvo

Truly ugly.

>advertise the game as LOL XD SO WACKY AND CRAZY with Andrew WK songs in the trailers and the god awful, hideous blue mohawk woman in all the promotional images
>Game has none of that tone or attitude (which is a good thing) but is instead just really boring, bland, and dull

This game had a massive identity crisis. No one liked or cared about Rage, certainly no one wanted a sequel. And then the sequel has basically nothing to do with it anyway besides bringing back the stupid boomerang weapon. It's an ok shooter tacked onto a really bad rehash of the Mad Max game's vehicular combat and open world with a Borderlands ripoff story and characters. It's fucking shit and deserved to be.