Are video games art?

Attached: misc 1724.jpg (800x600, 360K)

Other urls found in this thread:

clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyInventiveFlyPoooound
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

someone post that pic about some self-sucking sculpture next to a dragon

as always, it depends

Yes but generally not particularly good art. There's not a single video game that's half as good as a Cormac McCarthy or Don DeLillo novel, or an Ingmar Bergman or Federico Fellini film.

the fact that it triggered you is pretty much why that is art and videogames aren't

Attached: 1392579023244.png (1170x666, 406K)

So are we gonna talk about how Hitler could only emulate, had no sense for composition, didn't understand color theory, and generally just produced shitty photographs, or what.

It's funny how people think this is a good example of art on hitler's part. Perspective is all kinds of fucked and there is no soul in there, it's the same bog-standard basic style everyone at the time learned in elementary school years. It's also not designed to particularly represent anything except the subject, which is not inherently the point of art (subject selection is pretty critical).
That doesn't, of course, ever excuse the crap on the right.

Yep. But whether something is art has nothing to do with whether something is good.

Color theory and composition can be taught, the emulation point is moot as the number of artists remembered as masters of the craft who emulated what they saw are numerous. Bakhuizen says hello.

Left is honestly more disturbing, how can you invest so much effort, get a good level in color painting yet utterly fail to do the basic of basic in perspective?

Lack of training. The internet didn’t always exist.

As the previous poster pointed out, Hitler clearly trained a lot, yet remained blind to such an obvious flaw.

>perspective!
It's the profile of an old, shabby, cobbled house. There's nothing to judge its perspective on.

clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyInventiveFlyPoooound

Who trained him? As I said, the internet didn’t always exist. Teachers are a thing for a reason.

It's degenerates like you that started holocaust and ww2

Look at the roof, then look at the window and the wall the window is on. Don't tell me that looks normal to you

Literature isn't art

Yes, teachers. Like Hitler's art teacher.
Ever heard also of self-training? How do you think modern artists work? Protip: they self-teach.

I wish I could art.

is art art?

no, it's buzzwqowerwdo

that sculpture lowers the perception of any better art it's displayed next to just by existing
while its sculptor dabs eternally on countless harder working artists
the winner here is clear

"Art" is defined by what rich elitists like. Novels were considered mindless trash for proles until the aristocrats started reading them, then it became high art and "good" because rich = good and poor = bad.

They're the sum of a bunch of art forms, thus it's ultimate art

Attached: 660BE630-5FE9-4A3A-ADDE-10F8B23E4804.png (621x702, 56K)

dumb nerds who don't understand that the guy polishing the floor is apart of the piece along side the building and event

idk man i think his paintings were pretty good

Attached: paintings-by-adolf-hitler-32.jpg (800x1066, 225K)

Are...are those just pictures of buttholes?

Video games contain arts in them.

So you want me to look FROM THE WINDOW
TO THE WALL

of course videogames are art, everyone already agreed with that and OP is just baiting us, not the real question is, is photography art? you're literally just capturing an image, you're not expressing yourself in any way by it, he didn't made those buttholes, why the fuck is that art?
"muh he had the idea and was the only one to do it"
i'm pretty sure he was not the first person to take pictures of buttholes

>that perspective
dear lord

I believe those are pictures of ur mom

Dragon guy. Of course.

what's wrong with the perspective

Yes.

Attached: riven box art.png (396x454, 288K)

"Summation is ultimate"
t. degenerate consumerist

dumb nerds who don't understand that the guy polishing the floor is apart of the piece along side the building and event

Based and extensionpilled.

Attached: eat.jpg (268x188, 11K)

this is my current phone wallpaper

Every time I see this I get annoyed because he didn't post a pic of the rest of the dragon.

His biggest problem wasnt perspective, he wanted to insist on impressionism or whatever that style is called when modernism was on the rise
He got rejected over literal fucking blotches of ink

i mean also love the well sculpted dragon far more, i love the other one not even as a symbol but as a real life shitpost
which i guess is in a way a symbol so i'm not getting away am i?

How the hell did you come to that conclusion, seek help

Depends on the game
Like for example movies are now widely regarded openly as art. But I would really hesitate to give that moniker therefore to movies like Transformers because that's not really art, it's a product. Arts go into it but that movie was not a creative artistic vision, it was a hodge podge of industry making solely an item for mass net profit. The motives for it do not match up with a genuine vision of a single or of several individuals, that is required for a production of art. Art is inspired by something entirely other than the shaded baseness of greed.
So it's the same with games. Some games are art. Think about it

It may be amateurish, but you're missing the point that he was trying to get into art school in order to improve