Legend of the dragoon

did anyone else play this?

Attached: legend_of_dragoon.jpg (342x347, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLMQuYbh4q8
youtube.com/watch?v=1afKs2em9x8
romhacking.net/games/697/
youtu.be/oWFudUapiIs
youtube.com/watch?v=lf2uNmwohiE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdy9tR4Sz0I
youtube.com/watch?v=GeN4TX7ftrY
hooktube.com/watch?v=eEJU3mE-_ok
youtube.com/watch?v=IdzYsNLoeGY
hooktube.com/watch?v=l91rfBdd5SM
youtube.com/watch?v=eM8lx10pdy4
legendofdragoonhardmode.wordpress.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=5qiFsT41AHg
youtube.com/watch?v=QINuNNINN7U
youtube.com/watch?v=U2gNkkjM7J0
youtube.com/watch?v=w7DBi8EuJsc
youtube.com/watch?v=gY1yomBtyz8
youtube.com/watch?v=uCpVXJote6s
youtube.com/watch?v=b8eCTIoE3es&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=Niwdg_l1Wrc
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL08FEE6C0B34C86B6
pcgamer.com/legrand-legacy-is-an-incoming-jrpg-inspired-by-the-classics/
youtu.be/qdky4NDCmqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm planning to play it.

it's mediocre

I remember mastering all of Lavitz's additions in chapter 1 just so I could hear how his voice actor reads them. Dude sounded totally hammered in every single line he reads

Most overrated game on the PS1 despite getting torn apart critically.

I was playing through The Legend of Dragoon at one point some years back on a PSP. Got halfway through the game, but my PSP broke and along with it my save file. I'll play it to completion one day, it was great.

First time I played it I thought it was cool because I was just getting into jrpgs and seemed interesting overall. Couldn't finish it because a friend let me borrow it but asked it back before I could finish it.
But boy was I disappointed when I tried to play it again a decade later. Slow boring combat. Weird design. Terrible graphics even for its time. Silly dialogs too.

One of my favorites. I replay it once a year.

Attached: 1246539000140.png (474x345, 375K)

Absolute dogshit. It's not a surprise it never got a continuation since it's probably the poorest PS1 era JRPG in gameplay department since its entire gameplay are just the Renzokuken and GF charge aspects of FF8 without the rest of combat system.

Yeah, and I loved it.
Combat may be simple as all hell, but trying to time additions perfectly was like a drug for me, so combat was really engaging the whole way in my experience.

Absolutely. Really fun game.

BURNING RUSH

Remaster WHEN

DOUBLE SLASH

hyep
tep
go
hraaah
VOLCANO

Was unironically the first JRPG I ever played and it will always hold a place in my heart purely due to nostalgia even though I acknowledge how heavily flawed it is. Remake that isn't shit would be nice.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (1600x1000, 670K)

I've been replaying it recently. It's pretty shallow but I think the additions add enough to keep combat engaging. I've been using Albert for the first time and I'm having fun screwing up Gust of Wind Dance and watching him get randomly 1 shot by strong spells.

It's got a ton of flaws, but the story is actually really interesting and has some great plot twists.

HARPOON

Attached: SAY IT.jpg (150x193, 8K)

The city of law was pretty cool in that there was nothing only one law you needed to change but several you could.
Come to think of it I never did collect all the stardust and fight the optional boss

>early screens and teasers said his name was Ravitz

This vexed me so much as a kid. This was long before I knew that 'L' and 'R' are essentially interchangeable in Japanese.

Could never play as the king after he died. Rip my boi lavitz

That actually became a meme in the Italian Dub:
ARPIONE!

I can't get into it because the gameplay is too basic, but the graphics and setting really make me wanna play it, are the sidequests fun?

Yes, finished it last week.
Was pretty enjoyable, but too much linear and little to no sidecontent.
Except for 5 sidebosses.

There's only really 1 sidequest. The game is fairly barebones outside of the main story.

>joke character becomes gamebreaking strong and also best girl
Love it whenever this happens

Attached: 5d93a389fe5432f3211c272e33b36803[1].jpg (638x876, 82K)

>start to escape together
>he says he’ll buy drinks when we get out
>hours later, the adventure finally ends
>dart returns to his house and leaves two drinks
10/10

I just remembered having an autistic childhood of pretending to do turn based combat during recess with other kids. We would idle and sway while waiting for our turn where we would pretend to cast a spell or run up and swing imaginary weapons at each other. I did Volcano because I had the movement memorized.

>gamebreaking strong
Only with Armour of Legend and Legend Casque.

>Some random nobody does a better voice over than (((professional actors)))
Seriously. Why can't games nowadays have girls sound more like Meru and less like 50 year old hags.

Even Kongol is game breaking with that shit equipped.

>joke character
>simultaneously Dragoon and Wingly
that should have tipped you off right there

>takes forever to take a turn
Even with bandit's ring and boots he's not that good.

She's gamebreaking even without those. Fragile, but having the best addition in the game and second best magic stats combined with how speed mechanics work means she's the undisputed top tier.

That's my point. The worst character is more than strong enough to solo the entire end game with that overpowered armor.

VOLCANO

Not to mention she has easily the best spell setup in the game with a good spell for every situation

>Madness hEeEeErO!

WHIRLING TYPHOON

yeah

She isn't even fragile. Her magic defense is 2nd strongest in the game and there are practically 0 hard hitting physical attacks.

The lore and backstory are crazy, made me want a prequel where you got to see Wingly society at its height, fight alongside the other originals, and go carve out dragon hearts to use as sentai macguffins.

Meru/Haschel/Dart was the team you used when you wanted to dominate. Speed is the name of the game here and they hit luke a truck.

I call her fragile simply because physical stats correlate with HP (save Dart who gets more since he's mandatory). Even with the second highest magic defense she can get trucked by a magical attack simply because she has less HP to take it. The disc 3 bosses as a whole can go fuck themselves because of this.

Shana is better than Hashel. She just isn't fun to use because no additions.

Yeah, everyone knows that now
>tfw remember playing game with Prima strategy guide as a kid and it told me to use Albert and Kongol
>tfw followed this and got shat on by Lenus who sometimes got three turns on me in a row
>didn't understand rpg stats and just wanted to just view cool animations
>powered through and somehow beat the game anyway

SPACCAOSSA

Just give her the +50% hp accessory. It's not like you can get a dancer's ring before the end of Disc 3 anyway.

I used Rose and Kongol.. I remember the strategy said to use Burning Rush against the last boss and then it went in detail turn by turn what happens.

Well it's the same deal with her having the best addition, it just kinda evens out since her base damage is pretty low. I don't remember ever doing that much damage with Perky Step

>play rose
>attack with your period

I want to give her my diamond dust if you know what I mean.

Overall I loved the game as a kid and it had some great music. The combat system was cool and interesting with tons of style, but I imagine it would be hard to get into at this point. There was a period after I beat it where I would go back and load my save and just redo the final boss battle and enjoy all the crazy skills and voice acting.

Yeah it was fun back in the day but it plays really slowly outside of the quick time buttons.
It's also ugly as sin.
You are a scrub if you don't get all of the dragons for each dragoon.

>It's also ugly as sin.
It really isn't. Dragoon looks pretty good compared to other PS1 jrpgs.

>Party member period is actually a powerful move
But it got censored

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x692, 71K)

Yeah I didn't mean the characters in the battle animations. I meant the scenery and characters in the overworld.

Games like FF9 actually has people that increased the quality of the scenery and characters, i wish it could happen to this game however, also since Sony might forgot the series.

The scenery generally looks great, there's some beautiful pre-rendered paintings in some of the town sections.. Main town in chapter two is legitimately gorgeous

Characters aren't the best but they aged better than say FF7 and such

Shana is strong but she requires you to have a healthy stock of items.

You have way more money than you need if you don't buy the super armor. As long as you sell useless shit like the Pandemonium you have plenty of inventory slots too.

just started another play through, finally got the emulator looking sharp and latency to nothing so im killing those additions
Needs a remake!

Still overkill on most trash mobs and neither Shana nor Meru are really good at physical damage. It's too slow waiting on Dart to kill things. Having Haschel generally makes a more balanced party, at least until you get the explosive arrows late game

>Fighting random encounters
Yikes.

>people finally realizing it's overrated and medocre

Was impossible to criticize the game without people coming out and calling you a hater.

It felt like a Soulless cash-in on a current trend. Paint by numbers, follow the recipe and get a bland cake.

Same with Lost Odyssey, another game lauded over. Where you take the Dreams and Art away and you get a bland cookie cutter game. A big company trying to cash in.

Attached: 1555604033724.jpg (228x212, 14K)

>grinding additions

Attached: 37a.jpg (400x400, 19K)

Its the only way to not get wrecked by the dark dragon boss.

Oh yes, I was also a victim of the Dart-Albert-Kongol party. I also blindly followed what additions they used in the final battle like a dumbass (Switching Dart's addition to Burning Rush) and for the longest time proclaimed that it was the longest final battle in history because it took 1.5 hours to beat him lmao

This song gives me the feels.

Attached: 1527419985324.gif (346x245, 2.32M)

Holy Soul

youtube.com/watch?v=1afKs2em9x8

Why is it so divisive? People either love it or hate it. Explain why.

I unironically love this game

There's a bit more side content than you give it credit for, like that optional area where you can fight the original dragoons, all the dumb minigames in the colosseum, getting Kongol's dragoon spirit early and a few other things like going back to certain areas for optional scenes. It's not the most expansive game, but it definitely has some things to do during downtime.

The combat is bare bones as fuck, items are mostly useless outside of healing items, and spamming additions is better than magic attacks 90% of the time.
Anyone who plays RPGs for intricate and deep combat will hate the game.

It gets a lot of things right in the presentation department, but it's scarcely an RPG, there's very little in the way of character customization and its biggest gimmick is qte combat. Very unbalanced with the way speed is very obviously the best stat, which can't be increased other than through equipment, so the characters with high base speed are the best and others can't catch up. Also poor translation

But why do people like it

The game is off course not perfect as has flaws, but there are some patches here: romhacking.net/games/697/

Story is enjoyable, its got some interesting lore, the animations in combat are really cool looking, the music is fantastic, and the game looks pretty nice overall for PS1.

What?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 28K)

You forgot the most important thing

UWWWWOOOOOOGGGHHHHHHH

FLLLAAAAAMMMMMMEEEE

SHOTSHOTSHOT

I tried playing it a month ago, it's unbearably slow.

What do random encounters have to do with that boss? You just defend until he does his big attack and you can hurt him.

SPINNING CANE

Attached: 1558558736472.jpg (753x1000, 367K)

>tfw beat faust without the legends casque
Damn felt good

If you like Toku stuff the game has admittedly some pretty good choreography and the henshin are pretty fucking good, RPGs with legit henshin mechanics are pretty rare.
The music is pretty cool despite the absolutely atrocious recording quality.
Some locations are cool.
The battle VA is extremely memeworthy.

The rest is trash though, outside of the underworld segment being admittedly pretty kino.

When does this character show up?

Why did the great commander look so much like exdeath

Mera was the only reason I beat the last boss.
Magician's Hat gave her infinite MP.
Some weapon + move gave her mad amounts of SP.
She was Dragon transforming and healing all over the place.

Combat is amazing
Story and rpg mechanics are lacking.

I never bothered buying the super armors but its still annoying to have items.

Meru's additions have really high modifiers and the sheer amount of turns she gets ends up making her deal the most damage out of every physically over the course of any better. Especially when you get Perky Step and she deals like Dart tier damage while getting way more turns.

2nd town in disc 2.

needs a remake

Kongol's damage was decent and his additions were easy to do, so he was always on my team.

You get her midway through act two. She's the second to last party member you get

>Combat is amazing
lolno, combat is legit horrible outside of the animations.

If he uses his strongest attacks in succession, he will get through your defenses.

I played it until last disc in moon while not understanding anything and enjoying the flashy graphics and combos. Once I replayed it in English I felt pretty let down by the ending but I still have some good memories of it. I fapped to Meru quite a lot.

Attack items from Shana/Meru deal insane damage. The reusable one you get at the very end as part of the plot if you answer the questions correctly instantly ends like every random encounter if you're good at powering it up.

DIVINE DRAGON CANNON

Shana/Miranda (with items and turbo button)
Haschel (when he's almost dead)
Meru
Dart
Haschel (full health)
Lavitz/Albert
Rose
Shana/Miranda (with no items)
Kongol

He has practically no hp and you have Rose's dark resisting armor and a dark resisting accessory for Dart at that point. Regardless of how low leveled or how shit your additions are that fight is nearly impossible to lose if you take any time to prepare at all.

We all repeated the dialogue out loud while feeling like a badass dragoon chad
Am I right or am I right

Attached: IMG_20150101_004458.jpg (1917x1150, 1.08M)

One of my fav games, I loved the dragoon transformations and attacks so much

>Toku
>henshin
What?

Powerrangers
Transformations

youtu.be/oWFudUapiIs

Post music

youtube.com/watch?v=lf2uNmwohiE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rdy9tR4Sz0I

youtube.com/watch?v=GeN4TX7ftrY

hooktube.com/watch?v=eEJU3mE-_ok

Rare that title screen themes are good

That second one has a sick beat

Having 2 neutral elements was retarded.

Mark Cerney said its his favourite video game.

i got spoiled about his death and i just dropped the game

After he dies, you fight him as a boss later

It's my favorite game of all time. I've done a few challenge runs on it as well, though there aren't many that are good. I'll be doing a challenge run on the much harder Japanese version soon.

I can't think of a challenge run for this game that would be interesting other than maybe a solo character run or a no items in battle + no guarding run

I knew that Meru was broken, but I always kept Dart/Hashel/Albert

>rose is shit tier

But why?

I don't know what his idea was but it is true that she's pretty redundant since she's basically just r63 Dart in terms of stats. Also her spells aren't great once Astral Drain stops doing enough damage to be useful, Albert's Rose Storm is always viable, on the other hand

my buddy in middle school had it and really liked it

it was kinda odd, cuz he never played final fantasy or other RPGs yet he picked this up

i never played it though, gonna emulate it at some point with my new controller

Her spells are shit and her additions aren't really great either.
Then again, the game is so ridiculously imbalanced in favor of Haschel and Meru it's kind of a stupid argument since nobody can compete with either of them, technically speaking the only other party member worth using would be Albert because he can cut any damage received by half, but honestly it's hardly worth considering when Haschel and Meru can just nuke the enemies three times for each turn Albert manages to get.

I've completed:

- Mandatory Fights Only, Initial Equipment, Healing Items Only, No Dragoon
- Defensive Equipment Only, No Ultimate Additions, No Items, No Dragoon

I attempted Mandatory Fights Only, Chest Armor Only, No Items, No Additions, but all of the Dragoon blocking stuff toward the end killed it.In the queue I have Mandatory Fights Only, Chest Armor Only, No Additions, Recovery Items Only, No Money, No Healing Points. I'm not sure yet what I'll try on the Japanese version when I get to it.

>the much harder Japanese version
Isn't Japanese version much easier though because they let you carry 64 items instead of 32?

mandatory fights only is barely even a challenge since the game is designed around that anyway. You get next to no experience points from the average random battle

You can't farm additions or dragoon levels outside of a select few fights in MFO.

>Shana/Miranda
Fastest character, deals excellent damage with items and has a broken spell set if you're willing to train them up. But they're fairly bad if you don't have any items/are bad at using them.

>Haschel
If he's almost dead then his additions are the hardest hitting ones in the game. Otherwise he's just a slightly faster Dart with inferior dragoon spells.

>Meru
The strongest character overall. Only weak points are her HP and Def but its offset by her getting so many turns that she can regen like all of the damage taken with the therapy ring for free.

>Dart
Average in every category but he's really good at melting the bosses in Chapter 2 which is like arguably one of the hardest parts of the game. Divine Dragoon form is super good but only available for one fight. IIRC Dart is also invincible in the 2nd to last boss too.

>Lavitz/Albert
Strong slow type, Rose/Blossom Storm are good, gets their ultimate addition the earliest in the game. Trash magic defense makes them a liability in the endgame.

>Rose
Excellent character for the first two disks, falls off badly once Astral Drain stops being useful. Gets her ultimate weapon too late.

>Kongol
Slowest character, worst magic defense, meh additions. If you don't know what you're doing then he doesn't even get Dragoon form until the last dungeon making him an even bigger liability.

Hardest hitting team in the game is Dart/Meru/Shana but the most practical one is Dart/Haschel/Meru.

I don't know. I will go boot it up right now to see. If it is indeed 64, then I'll have to include No Items.

>Divine Dragoon form is super good but only available for one fight
IIRC some of the moon stuff is nonlinear so you can actually do Dart and Rose's part and get Divine Dragon before picking up some of the other characters. I know that you can backtrack after getting Divine Dragon either way

I just checked. It's also 32.

You get the Divine Dragoon form only after Melbu Frahma kills him.

HAHR POON

Kills Lloyd* fuck me it's late.

Heres the menu music, pretty chill.

youtube.com/watch?v=IdzYsNLoeGY

Dart's theme is my ringtone.

hooktube.com/watch?v=l91rfBdd5SM

The Japanese version has an item that increases your inventory slots. But I believe it requires a pocketstation to get.

The Jap. has the characters deal less damage and the bosses have more hp, i also found out by reading here romhacking.net/games/697/
that the high encounter rate is actually a bug.

Dart and Rose only get their ultimate stuff after you beat Zieg, which is quite literally just before the final boss.

Is there any way to play this on a handheld? I love this game but I don’t feel like playing it on an emulator.

Lost Odyssey came out like 8 years later. What trend?

At this point you're being a contrarian mouthbreather. Both LOTD and Lost Odyssey spanned multiple discs and despite any flaws, clearly had more thought and work put into it than any exclusively multiplayer rinse-and-repeat game.

>tfw used her because she's cute, not knowing she's top tier
I also used haskell on my main team

PSP/Vita.

youtube.com/watch?v=eM8lx10pdy4

If I recall this game came out really late into the PS1 lifecycle and PS2 was already out

I remember loving this game because it really mailed the feeling of going on an adventure and I loved all the varied places you visit. And the soundtrack was prime comfy too.

Not quite. It was around 3 months ahead of the ps2.

So, if you know to mod, its possible to create the best version of the game with
>your language
>without censorship
>with difficulty thanks to this: legendofdragoonhardmode.wordpress.com/

SPINNING CANE

I think this is really good game brought down by an absolutely mediocre script by every means. It isn’t terrible. It isn’t good. They just... speak.

The program crashes immediately for me : /.

>Everyone gets full exp once they join
>The player is able to freely swap Dart in and out of fights
>Buff the weaker characters up to match the stronger ones so everyone is on par or try to give each character a distinct niche
>Increase inventory space to like 64 which will make using Shana/Miranda less annoying
>Enemies are actually scary past Disk 2

I don't get the complaints about the combat being too simple/easy when most jrpgs back then were also pushovers in that regard. I mean yeah FFVII is more complex with its systems but it's still just as much of a breeze to play through. Do people really play jrpgs for challenge or the gameplay?

Yep. Spoiler: it sucked

Mechanical depth is what gives games replay value. After playing Legend of Dragoon, I really don't have any desire to replay it because there's really only one way to play it. The most choice you get is which party to take along with Dart, and it's not really much of a choice. You can't build characters to do basically anything. Hell, in a sense, even very early JRPGs were more interesting than Legend of Dragoon's combat, this game doesn't even really have basic RPG staples like buffing abilities outside of a single spell on a sub-optimal character

too lazy to start it so it's rot in my backlog for 2 decades

Me too, i will try the previous versions.

So more choice in how you can viable play? I guess that makes more sense. In general I think jrpgs just aren't my thing but I do enjoy them despite not caring for gameplay most of the time.

I like it because I played it before even hearing about FF7 (Still haven't played it, lol.). The music and atmosphere really appealed to me. So I guess it's nostalgia mostly.

>Why do people hate it
Because fanboys felt it copied off a lot off FF7.

Attached: Rose_Dragoon.jpg (225x350, 49K)

That fucking move where Rose floats up, spreads her legs and slices dimensions with her vag.

She was on her period...

Literally the first JRPG I've ever played, and I bought simply because "dragoon" was close enough to "dragon" in my dumb 7 year old mind

youtube.com/watch?v=5qiFsT41AHg

>no actual gameplay footage, only FMV cutscenes and a dumb skit
It's like modern E3 condensed into thirty seconds

When I played this game as a kid I didn't know how to save so I just kept replaying up until the end of the first castle over and over again.

Around the time this game came out, I was utterly bored with video games and hadn't played anything for more than a few minutes in well over a year. This game hooked me and refreshed my love for games. Sony's always so ready to pull the remaster/remake trigger, I wish they'd do it for this.

I was kinda pissed thought that the god-tier music track they made for one of the trailers of the game wasn't in the game itself though.

>Mechanical depth is what gives games replay value.
For you.

It's always weird seeing these threads and finding out the game is/was so divisive. I don't know why I picked it up as a kid, I just enjoyed it for the engaging QTE combat. My CDs were scratched and it always had problems getting past one of the FMVs, I think it was something like all the dragons flying through the sky, so I never finished the game (I bet that's not even that far in, but I was young, so idk).

>MADNESS HEEeeeeRRRRROOOO
>SUMMON4GODS

Attached: DSZuZ8ZW4AEZ2hC.jpg (485x315, 21K)

20 years ahead of the curve

Played it for the first time a couple of years ago. Its an ok game. Plot really falls apart at the end of disc 3.

>It's always weird seeing these threads and finding out the game is/was so divisive

Not really, no. Whoever played it back THEN loves it to this day. The naysayers are either jaded neckbeards who most likely emulated it like two decades later, or shitposters who haven't played it at all.

For all its faults, the game is magical. The setting was superb, the plot had a fine pace and intriguing depth, and the soundtrack is literally one of the best composed in the history of video games. The only mistake this game has made was not coming on the shelves about a year or two earlier.

>Not really, no. Whoever played it back THEN loves it to this day.
Kek, no, the game was a massive flop, got bad reviews left and right and lots of people just dropped it or returned it due to how mediocre it is.
It just has a moderate cult following on the internet, mostly made up by people who haven't really played RPGs before that game or people who remembered how comically bad it was, don't try to pass it as as an unjustly criticized game, because this game has very, very little to offer to anyone who's not a complete casual.

Attached: My little Wingly can't be this cute.jpg (600x840, 144K)

I'm sure it's aged in plenty of ways, and JRPG cliches are everywhere, but it was my first big story-driven video game, and it'll always have a cozy place in my heart.

Attached: dragoon_ship.png (864x922, 1.99M)

>Or people who remembered how comically bad it was
Okay it's been awhile since I've played, but what? Since when was it ever "comically bad" its well put together enough

Making a comment like that is a tacit admission that the game hasn't aged well. Not that it was particularly interesting even when it came out. Legend of Dragoon is basically Sony trying to make Final Fantasy Mystic Quest with big production values

Played it constantly until Lavitz died. During those days my notebook´s keyboard got more and more broken so I had to stop using it, and passed the save to my new one THEN IT TURNS OUT THAT THE "NEW" NOTEBOOK IS ACTUALLY WORSE AND IT CANT HANDLE A FUCKING PS1 EMULATOR, THE SAVE'S BEEN SITTING THERE FOR ALMOST 2 YEARS AAHHHHHHH"

The intro song made me super melancholy every time I heard it as a kid.

Attached: 1498971745350.jpg (256x197, 5K)

>got bad reviews left and right and lots of people just dropped it
People actually gave a fuck about reviews back then. Most of the games I played were referred to me by word of mouth on the yellow bus to and back from school or during recess.

Attached: Legend of Dragoon.jpg (1600x1200, 385K)

the Wingly Forest theme will always be my favorite track

RPG's generally don't age well, unless we're taking out the factor of graphics and returning to gameplay and content-heavy DOS era western RPG's.

Tell me what Chrono Cross did differently in regards to LoD? Yet that's one title people wouldn't be eager to dismiss as a mediocrity. Point in case is, at least 90% of games don't age well, logically, due to advancements in technology, advancements in how the genres are portrayed, amounts of content etc etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=QINuNNINN7U
>mfw seeing this the first time when I was 13

Attached: 1563251903052.jpg (720x727, 44K)

Zoomers have no idea what it was like then. Most of us didn't even have internet, so we got most our info from magazines and reviewers.

Shy of that when you bought a game, it because you liked the box-art and rolled the dice from there.

My girlfriend plays through this multiple times a year. Sometimes back to back. She doesn't really play anything passed the PS2 era as far as other games though. Not sure what she loves about it so much but it makes her happy.

>Play game on PSP
>Dragoon transformation crashes the game most of the time
>Go through the game without dragoon transformation
>Reach final boss
>Forced dragoon transformation
>crashes 100% of the time

Attached: 1556939898440.jpg (576x555, 67K)

Rose was goddamn cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=U2gNkkjM7J0

Attached: 687fbf9ba3f1f34c7e82e5cf0e3ae3f8.jpg (638x850, 92K)

Look, I haven't even played Chrono Trigger, so whatever comparison you're trying to make is lost on me. But I do know that it isn't technological limitations or content that holds LoD back, it's simply gameplay depth, hence my own referencing of Mystic Quest. After having played several other JRPGs, I can't find a single interesting thing that Legend of Dragoon has to offer. Even stuff like FFI or Xenogears is quite a bit more complex than LoD, and Xenogears is a game that I routinely criticize for having an underdeveloped combat system

>Most of us didn't even have internet, so we got most our info from magazines and reviewers.
This is why I'm always surprised by these threads. I don't remember having or using a computer much when this game came out (wouldn't start using one until D2 the next year, I think), so to see these threads with its cult following, it still amazes me.

Favorite RPG.
Play it once every 3 years.

Needs a remake.
Not all these other trash remakes.

Attached: XPNQ3JKJlvEnwQ5k0N4PxWxnDpjzO5sw6FoVTGq3-o0.jpg (1556x980, 393K)

Kinda rolls into my second point, most of us just bought games based on the box-art and personal instinct, reviews be damned

There is a reason I reference Chrono Cross (Not Trigger mind you). It came out in the exactly same time period as LoD. It had a system even MORE barebones than LoD, yet it was a better advertised title, by a more prestigious and financially able developer at the time, so it was remembered in history.

My point being, "game aging" is a meme, and it's all about bias and preference. I'll shit on each and every one of you who lambaste LoD's gameplay as lacking when many titles considered as pioneers of JRPG genre in that time are on the same level or even worse.

What was Rose's deal? Im the same user here so I guess I didnt get too far in the story, but I dont remember her explaining her story, just something about her having friends that died? When that ghost woman appeared and started asking personal questions to the main party I didnt know how to answer when it was Rose's turn.

It's as generic as you can get. I remember being like 12 and not giving a shit when lavitz(?) dies.
Rose or rosa or whatever reminded my of my drunk uncles trashy gf who was the first set of boobs I saw, so I jacked it a few times to her at least.

For the era that camera work is fantastic.

And look at this bitchin box art. Game was also four discs, too. Had that heft.

Attached: LOD.jpg (493x500, 72K)

She was the only one of the original Dragoons who survived other than Zieg, and has been wearing an immortality choker for 13,000 years. She was in love with Zieg, but he eventually became a vessel for Melbu Frahma, the Wingly tyrant with godlike powers. So she took on the persona of the Black Monster to try and kill him to put a stop to Melbu Frahma

how does it feel being irreparably ,emotionally damaged white trash who can't enjoy shit lel

Assuming you're not going to get around to playing or watching it yourself?

She had the most big reveals out of anyone. She was an ancient surviving dragoon warrior from the old war, keeping herself young with magic so she could keep preventing the apocalypse.

I was heartbroken to learn of the cancelled sequel. At least I have this guy.

Attached: 1543247513343.jpg (3264x2448, 2.25M)

Oh, so thats why one of the options for the question "what is life" is "pure suffering"
I want to play it, I have an old save from when I played it on an old computer, but im just not able to do it with the one I have right now, and I dont see myself playing LoD this or the next year until I get a job.

Eh I played many superior JRPGS on the PSX before your shit game came out lol.
FF7, FF8 , 2 wild arms, Star ocean, and xenogears before the cookie cutter knockoff Dragoon came out, all of which were better. If you include shit like FFT and Vagrant story, it's impossible to even say lod fits in the top 10.
If you throw SNES and later PSX ones into the mix, fuck it's hard to even justify a top 25 spot.

One of my favorites as well, god I love when the other fans show up

Attached: Patrician taste right here.png (500x350, 45K)

Are you me ?

i named my puppy Meru

What the fuck were they thinking with that guide. Worst possible advice.

>Was unironically the first JRPG I ever played and it will always hold a place in my heart purely due to nostalgia even though I acknowledge how heavily flawed it is.
This, word for word.
Shuuhei Yoshida was a producer on that game and he's still a big shot at the company, and it sold well enough. I still can't believe or understand how they never did anything with it.

She’s good the whole game. Always run with 5 cheap attack items for bosses.

Yup, also Evil Zone.

I think I just used Rose and Lavitz/Albert for 90% of the game because they were my favorites.

Attached: 1502398022393.jpg (607x800, 577K)

This game makes me sad for modern gaming desu.

FIIIIINAL BURST !

The characters are standard but fun the story has interesting lore and some really well set up moments especially a late game plot twist that has some damn fine foreshadowing, the combat system while not super refined or deep is fun for what it is and over all I'd say its a near perfect starter RPG

Attached: boosted defense.png (500x452, 444K)

Anybody remember that absolute clusterfuck desert map? That shit was a nightmare to navigate.

Attached: Death_Frontier_1.jpg (512x384, 44K)

Does the Bouquet do anything? I've been replaying the game and I totally forgot to go to the wedding. I know other useless junk has some secret effects like how Lavitz's portrait shows up in the ending. I have an older save, but I don't really want to replay the past hour.

It had some of the comfiest fucking locations ever.

Attached: Legend-of-Dragoon-comfiness.jpg (800x1500, 1.24M)

nah, it's just some foreshadowing IIRC. If Dart doesn't catch it, Meru does

Fucking Meru getting like 3 turns before anyone else gets a turn

I respected this game for the fact that the "Defend" command was useful.

Yep. Own the game, got it on my Playstation Classic with mod fixes for a few of the fuck-ups & censorships, etc.

>trying to navigate through that area with a PS1 that took minutes to read the disc and load up the next screen

Attached: 1418531527005.jpg (456x628, 22K)

Who catches it is actually determined by your choice when Meru asks if you think she would look good in a wedding dress.

Meru was my first vydia crush while my older brothers drooled for Rose. Fucking plebs weren't ready for a girl with a giant hammer

I think that was the only area of the game where I had to explicitly look up an internet guide to get through. I just kept falling in-between those two sand pits over and over again.

I loved Meru just for all of her constant panty shots.

Attached: 46-blue-032.jpg (640x480, 81K)

If you ever do play it, play it on a PS2 with Smooth set to On (or a similar filter on emulation). It's the only way a lot of the textures will make sense - like with Gran Turismo 2.

>for some reason thought meru was showing her nipples at all times in her battle model
I am retarded I know

Indeed. Gamefaqs was a useful tool back in the day for shit like Death Frontier.

Attached: GameFAQ-logo.png (1570x315, 124K)

i hope some of the oldfags feel proud knowing that they helped out some kid get through a 4 disc jrpg before youtube revenue and lets plays

I thought the same thing.
She is from an ancient fairy race.
It's not that far fetched, user hehehe.

Attached: Meru Cosplay.jpg (1024x1024, 316K)

I remember really loving the section on the ship. Something about the atmosphere going overseas and the group having a chance to relax for a moment stuck with me.

That was the reason I had my parents get it for me. I wanted a game and it looked cool enough. Plus it had so many discs.

I printed out a 100 page gamefaqs walkthrough before realizing it ended halfway through disc 3. Hard times.

Hardest story boss in the game? Drake? Grand Jewel?

This game had so much soul

she didn't even know Melbu still existed, she only stuck around to kill the Moon Children, which if they survived would end the world.

Yeah I forgot that part, but isn't the whole stuff with Zieg why she destroyed Dart's hometown in the backstory?

no, she was just looking for the Moon Child, which was in a city nearby.

the process apparantly was pretty brute force, alot of people got killed by her, but it was pretty necessary.

LOD was my first true JRPG and I loved every minute of it. I've never been so lost in a world or invested in the characters. I was 8 when I played it and somehow made it through, there's even an old family vhs that has me me playing it in my PJs at the Mountain of Mortal Dragon.

Funny story about how I got it. Mom said I could get one game and being a dumb kid with no cable I grabbed the last copy of Tiny Toons, played it and beat it within a few hours, and hated it. Felt cheated by the experience but had sunk cost fallacy about it. Mom was based, took notice and said the game looked stupid and we should takd it back for something I'd actually like. She told me it must be a defective disc, to let her do the talking and pretend to be sad about it, then took it back to Toys R Us and said it wasn't working. The cashier was sympathetic and apologized because they didn't have anymore copies of Tiny Toons but said I could grab any other game. Saw Legend of Dragoon and snatched it in an instant, best purchase of my childhood.

on a whim I got my one major game outside of my birthday and i chose Final Fantasy 9 by pure fucking accident and was blown away, so I can relate.

never had I played a JRPG before, 9 was probably about the best RPG you could ever have started out on as a kid.

Lenus easily. Especially if you don't know not to transform.

She had no idea Zeig was alive. Her modus operandi when seeking the Moon Child was to let none who interacted with him or her survive as they were all tainted by its power and would throw themselves at her to defend it.
Which explains Dart perfectly, come to think of it.

Unironically this, but pokemon

source?

n4gcore

It got a famously bad review and everybody gave the guy shit for it and I'm not even sure if that review is still up anywhere today. That shows opinions were divided even then and there were obviously people who liked the game. The reality is that it's just a mediocre game with some good parts and some bad parts. I think you are misremembering history senpai.

Do you still remember, all the time that has gone by?

Attached: 130043334621.jpg (300x301, 45K)

GUST OF WIND. DANCE.

Me too. Plus the music was really great.

youtube.com/watch?v=w7DBi8EuJsc

Is it worth playing or should I play Legend of Mana or Lunar SSS instead?

I think Meru was my first waifu. Young me really liked genki girls.

Attached: 75823944_p0.jpg (1600x2048, 518K)

Yo, when i was a kid we got a bunch of colored rocks, pretended they were Dragoon stones and fought outside with sticks.

Lol we even chose characters and passed the controller back n forth as their turns came up.

glad I'm not the only one that realize that this game's a 4/10 at best. Terrible combat, terrible music, terrible story, 10 hours worth of content at most, absolutely godawful characters... The pre-rendered graphics is all it had going at the time.

The plot and setting is actually really solid throughout the entire game, moreso than a lot of games. A lot of people would call the story "simple", I would call it "not retarded".

Then why are you even here? Why would anons like you rather shitpost in threads about games you hate instead of posting in threads and talking about games you enjoy?

Attached: pika0001-0324_1.webm (1280x780, 2.99M)

She's pretty easy if Dart has Final Burst by then but if not, Lenus will wreck your shit.

Unless you've been grinding you aren't likely to have Dart at level 3 there. I played through it recently and even without missing any Dart additions I still didn't have it until just before the much easier 2nd Lenus fight.

It was mediocre at best but ironic weebs eat it up.

the one thing that really bothered me about it was how annoyingly easy it is. i expect JRPGs to be easy, but this was stupid

I had a dream that I could fly
I can feel each moment
as time goes by
We'd never be too far away
You would always be here
I heard you say

Attached: 1314565042739 - Copy.jpg (560x628, 156K)

>the first fight against Kongol where Dart becomes a Dragoon for the first time

I have never marked out harder for a video game moment in my life.

Final Burst is just Dragoon 3. You should have it or be extremely close to it by Lenus but it depends on your luck with the random encounters.

Yeah. Fuck collecting Stardust.

Dragoon and Legaia were my shit.

I liked it until I realized that Rose farts health onto her team. And it sounds squishy.
youtube.com/watch?v=gY1yomBtyz8

Depends more on what additions you use since you gain dragoon levels faster if you use the ones that get you more SP

>game gives you multiple companions
>can't bring them all with you to battle
I fucking hate this in RPGs. Fucking join in the fun you lazy fucks. God, imagine Suikoden 2 with all of the companions in one battle. Mount & Blade has fucking spoiled me.

Burning Rush and Crush Dance give a good bit of SP and Dart is stuck with them for a long time. Its not his best SP farming addition (he gets that around the end of Disk 2) but it shouldn't be that difficult.

What is a jrpg with a satisfying challenge? Nothing too unfair. It doesn't have to be difficult, just rewarding.

ASStral drain. It all makes sense.

I want that wingly to play with my dingly.

Attached: 0c4.png (599x605, 16K)

>Combat system based on timed attacked to combo
>Healer
>Shoots a single arrow

Attached: 1514911758654.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

Do you just never use items? I don't see how you can have generated that much SP unless you do nothing but spam attack in boss fights.

Yo. I remember having to stop playing to do homework, but I'd just pause the game and work to this music. So goddamn chill.

It's really hard to think of one that has both challenge and good balance. A lot of people will say SMT, but the SMT games I've played aren't really either challenging or well balanced, they're just kind of trial and error to find the boss weakness and then going through the tedious task of building a team to counter that boss. I never played it but I heard Vagrant Story is kind of similar in that regard, except it is actually still difficult even when you have the right setup because it has things like timed hits, risk factor calculation and other such malarkey.

Best one I've personally played is Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter, which does have certain hiccups of its own, but is all in all rather well balanced and has a very interesting combat system

>Healers
>not being shit
Joking aside, she was basically for scubs who couldn't combo right like me when I was a kid

Attached: 1551029012261.png (1000x1000, 296K)

jrpgs are not challenging ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

never played dragon quarter. Does it emulate well?

what anime? The art looks good.

I think you're right. Maybe challenging was a bad word. What jrpgs are rewarding and not completely braindead?

Beats me, I have a physical copy
If you play it, do know that it's perfectly realistic to beat it without using a single restore/restart. I pulled it off without using a guide

>Do you just never use items?
I do use items. I use healing, attack items and buffs.

>I don't see how you can have generated that much SP unless you do nothing but spam attack in boss fights.
Stop going Dragoon every chance you get. Haschel and Kongol's forms are inferior to being untransformed and Rose basically has no reason to transform after Disk 1 when Astral Drain stops being useful. So its just Dart (vs Water enemies), Albert/Lavitz (for Rose/Blossom Storm) and Shana/Miranda/Meru (who have actually good transformations)

Ironically enough, Shana/Miranda are incredibly powerful characters but it requires players to realize that their "additions" are actually the attack items that a ton of people throw away. Their transformations are also really strong too and they can do some insane damage earlier than the other characters.

Stay away before its too late or else "THEY" will come newfag

Little Witch Academia series.

>be here since 2008
>get called a newfag

Attached: 1494396310905.jpg (720x960, 22K)

Boku no Pico

I fucking loved that about BoF4.
Some spells, like healing, could target the rest of your group that showed up as on the back lines of a fight without them being active.
Backliners could also occasionally throw in an attack at random, and they slowly regenerated so moving people around is encouraged.
Shuffling people out to hide them in the back while risking your healer's ass to get them back on their feet felt really cool even though the idea wasn't really new.

Attached: 1794851375214.jpg (1062x796, 139K)

>their "additions" are actually the attack items that a ton of people throw away
That fucked me so hard.
I was so used to item based spells having their own set damage calcs and not using the character's magic stat.

Come to think of it, I'd strongly recommend against emulating it anyway, just so you can't use save states. Having limited saves is part of the game's balance. The game has enemy permadeath, and it really heavily discourages you from saving after every fight to cheese your way through the game in a risk free manner. It kinda plays like a survival horror, think old resident evil and its ink ribbons

everyone from 2007 on, is a newfag and will always be one.

Loved it. Even if every single one of roses attacks was basically something sexual, like her vagina blackhole.

Yeah, if you know what you're doing, then you'd realize that the strongest team for the majority of the game is Dart/Shana/Meru. With Haschel taking over when he gets his ultimate weapon. If you could get bench Dart, then the strongest party would be Shana/Haschel/Meru.

The timing for that shit really took some getting used to for me. I'm still bad at dealing with counters thrown into the middle of it.

based
youtube.com/watch?v=uCpVXJote6s

>2008
Unless your ass go back in time and start browsing in 2003. You're a newfag to me.

It's worth a try, but everyone had their own taste. Like I'd recommend it and just let whoever doesn't like it never talk to me or my children ever again.

legend of dragoon and legend of legaia were my go to RPG's on the ps1 aside from ff7 and 9.

Yea Forums didn't exist in 2003 newfag

>he dosent know old Yea Forums was Yea Forums /tg/ and Yea Forums all rolled into one
your new is showing

>Shana/Miranda had additions that wound up unused
youtube.com/watch?v=b8eCTIoE3es&feature=youtu.be

Collecting Stardust was a pain in the ass.

Attached: Kazas Stardust 2.png (1276x997, 1.61M)

Me. It's my favorite ps1 game of all time. I really wish it got like a remaster or something.

>backpeddling
It was just Yea Forums. No need to be embarassed and start making stuff up.

Attached: f4514b95d698775713a2512205ddc4f7--surfing-photos-awkward-photos.jpg (550x412, 67K)

>Shana/Miranda have additions that are hidden
How and why the fuck is this only recently been found out. This video was uploaded in late 2018.
Double Needle

>not knowing /tg/ was created out of Yea Forums because of all the 40k posting
ok dum dum

Either they ran out of time (see Kongol who's blatantly unfinished since he's missing two spells, a 4th addition and his dragon form is missing a last hit) or they didn't include Shana/Miranda's additions because they'd have to give them an even higher multiplier than Meru's final.

What are their additions called anyway? I think I heard
>Dragon Needle
>Swallow Rain
>Explosive Arrow
>Barrier
>Drag Force
>Black Arrow

They should've given the dragoon addition wheel to shana/miranda and come up with something better for the dragoon forms.

The Dragoon forms are so underwhelming in this game outside of Shana/Miranda/Divine. Although because Kongol is so bad, he's like the only character who could possibly deal more damage physically in dragoon form besides the pair that shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

do you guys play new stuff but use old video game characters? im currently making a frostgrave band out of all my old favorite rpg characters. i currently have a vivi, cloud and locke, pic related is my dart, hes currently in the mail with a link to paint up

Attached: HeroForgeScreenshot.png (1280x510, 119K)

The first time I played the game I struggled because I used Albert/Kongol who suck immensily lategame because of their shit magic defense and speed.
Switch to Hachiel/Meru in my replay and found the game pretty easy. Speed is really strong in that game. Meru can get 3 actions to Kongol's 1 for example. Hell Dart is probably the worst character after Kongol, I wish I could take him out for Rose or Shana.

Its something like this
Meru > Haschel > Shana > Dart/Albert > Rose > Kongol.
Dart isn't bad but he's not that great either. Just really average for most of the game.

I wonder how mamny people realized that high sp additions dont just fill up the dragoon transformation faster but make it level up faster too

>Dart got axed from Playstation Allstars during development
It's a bittersweet feeling.

A perfect example of a good game, sure it might be generic at times and have questionable voice acting at best however it does so many things right.

The mix of medieval fantasy with organic enviroments works well, the combat is unique and hype inducing, overall eyecandy still holds up well for a ps1 game, the music is awesome, characters arent plain props and make tou feel things for them, remember how much of a bitch miranda was? Exactly.

Its a tame yet fun little jrpg, it captures what most jrpgs are all about, having a grand adventure, making friends and foes along the way and killing god as cool music plays

Really wish there was a sequel only because I would love the battle system upgraded more. The combination of reflex skills and turn based combat is something I've always wanted to see expanded upon.

It's got a great story and for its time it had great graphics, also i loved the characters

That is uhh...tonally incorrect.

I really do love how much the addition system kept random fights feeling engaged. The fact that they leveled up and you had to master them all for your final addition made actually completing them that much more engaging than the usual tedium of just smashing through random fights like they're a goddamn chore in every other RPG.

I'd suggest checking out Shadow Hearts and LeGrand Legacy for other games that do something similar with their combat.

youtube.com/watch?v=Niwdg_l1Wrc

this will forever be burned into memory because of the jampack 2001 ps1 disc i had as a kid

Meru is best girl.

Dart leaving a drink at Lavitz's room in the ending cutscene is what cements this game as vidya kino.

For the longest time I thought the icecubes just settled in the glass, then I realized some of the drink disappeared, symbolizing Lavitz taking that dink they talked about in the beginning of the game

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (400x450, 26K)

This is ironic right

unfortunately no

But it is just the ice shifting my man

>terrible music
Le epic user trole :DDD xDXFxD

yes

My team was always Albert and Kongol, so she's definitely up there.

Yeah what the fuck was that about? It very clearly dropped from her crotch lmao

but 2 coles, donte, big daddy, isaac clark and "emmett graves" are in
What a fucking scam.

My friend in middleschool burned me the whole game to play. I never played it, never got interested

Yeah, but they were in fucking PSA.
Snakefags and Cloudfags got lucky, at least their picks got into a living game.

the entire OST was pretty based
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL08FEE6C0B34C86B6

Who else Dart/Albert/Rose here?
>GUST OF WIND.....DANCE

>game forces you to use the main character
I get it but all I’m saying is I fucking hate that shit

>that feeling of accomplishment and satisfaction when completing a disc and inserting the next one
zoomer scum will literally never know the feeling

I don’t know if that’s official art or just fan art but that’s a lot of SOUL if you ask me

>that feeling when you see that glowing save point while on the brink of death and hearing the noise it makes when you stand on top of it

Attached: 70130B1B-E8A8-4240-91A0-82AC8D7888F8.jpg (502x474, 35K)

When it's your first JRPG, you're able to forgive a lot of things that are really fucking stupid in hindsight.
Only having 32 items, having to use the MC all the time, having a translation that's even worse than FF7, absurdly high encounter rates, already low EXP being cut in 3 before being doled out...
No one's saying it's flawless (at least I hope not), but you never forget your first.

I just watched the scene because user posted it and even 17 years later it gave me a chill

>all of these posts calling the gameplay basic and generic
What the fuck other RPGs incorporate a fucking rhythm mini game into the basic attacks?

FUCK

Attached: 764FD14D-9817-4953-AC58-2EA4AED5190B.jpg (638x640, 89K)

one of those mario rpg games I think

Witcher 1

Just because you want to play as a female doesn’t mean we all do

Gothic

SMRPG:LotSS
M&LSS

Shadow hearts

Yes, and I loved it.

I miss video game magazine desu
Website feels more soulless for some reason. I loved reading about all those games that seemed great but never came out in my country or on different platform
Can't be worse than the bof 3 one

Attached: Gameplay RPG 023 - Page 001 (octobre - mi-novembre 2002).jpg (1852x2376, 1.11M)

I don't know about bof3 but I do know it wasn't as bad as the Snowfly Forest in Vagrant Story. Which kinda also uses a rhythm mini game to attack.

>Snowfly Forest
I remember falling asleep watching a friend playing that part

Funnily enough the exp in the NA/PAL versions are higher than they are in JP.

This thread is still up...good job Yea Forums.

Attached: Legend of Dragoon wallpaper.jpg (1600x1200, 459K)

That sounds like some fuckin' cruel and unusual punishment.

The game was originally balanced around using the pocket station add on for money and i think a little more exp. So when they ported it to NA, they reduced enemy HP, made spells more useful and like tripled the amount of money you got.

>pocket station
fucking Dabas

too many dragons

It was one of the first JRPGs I played, too. I played the demo of it when it came on the Demo Disc 15? and really enjoyed it.

I had a crush on Rose for a very long time. Also, Kongol's first boss battle was absolutely one of the best. Getting haymakered into a wall never felt so good.

I remember playing the demo kiosk at toys r us which allowed you to transform into a dragoon much earlier than you should have been able to and then getting very confused when I bought the game and couldn’t. My dumb 11 year old self was convinced I had somehow missed it

I actually never managed to finish this because I thought I needed to complete the stardust shit. Did anyone bother gamesharking that? Did it still work?

Yeah, you had dragoon level 3 characters against Urobolus in the Limestone Cave.

Gameshark?
I never ever used that piece of shit.
Could fuck up your game.

Really? Well I ain't scouring every goddamn pixel for fucking dust like some medieval fantasy maid.

For all the turn based JRPGs turning into action games or adding way more elements of action/player control to them, I am surprised Sony hasn't dug up this to make a spinoff or remake it like FF7. The combat relying on button inputs would transition pretty well and you could build up into transforming

I had the same problem as you. Always was autistic about the stardust side quest. I hate missables in games.
And that guy talking about gameshark is wrong. I used to use it all the time when I was young to get gold and buy those rings that did your additions. Never had any issues.
If you're emulating, maybe even try cheat engine.

I've been so spoiled by modern load times that it's hard to go back to the encounter-fest that is LoD.

Everyone always seems to shit on Dart for not being as useful as other characters they'd like to swap to, but has anyone ever done the glitch that lets you use the Divine Dragoon for the whole game? It's far and away the best dragoon--I feel like it'd go a long way for him.

It's really not hard to get them all just cruising through. Follow a guide if you need to.

What are those dust for anyways?

PUHRSOOT

Secret boss

>Games no longer use static art for areas
>Don't even try to make areas look as pretty as the old static art most of the time

>Everyone always seems to shit on Dart for not being as useful as other characters
I don't see why. Being balanced between phys and magic means he's not a liability in either, he has solid if not top-tier additions and dragoon magic, and he has inflated HP due to being required. He's middle of the road, exactly where he should be.

I still use them when possible desu. Videos take too fucking long, it's much faster to scroll and read a section of a guide.

I cannot wait for Legrand Legacy to make it to PS4.
That's supposed to be heavily Legend of Dragoon inspired, and it looks the part. Anyone here played it?

>PLEASE INSERT DISC 2
>aww yeah time to move on
>aw shit, I forgot something have to go back to that town
>PLEASE INSERT DISC 1

Attached: 1377981823635.gif (220x182, 1.22M)

>price still in francs
I had that exact magazine, and now I feel old.

>printed out a 100 page gamefaqs walkthrough
I remember making certain to do this at school as to save my house money on pricey ink cartridges. Good times.

You are old

I didn't have a printer so I had to copy stuff down by hand if I wanted to use it and I couldn't memorize it.

They want him to be faster. Dart + Dancer's shoes would end all the bitching.

Hu ha hu Burning rush.

Does anyone else find it weird that the director of the game, Yasuyuki Hasebe, only worked on one other game after this and there's almost no info about the guy? I don't understand how you can work for a company as big as Sony and be the lead developer of one of it's first party games and then just disappear like that.

>That's supposed to be heavily Legend of Dragoon inspired

Sauce on that? Game looks interesting either way tho

When I was younger I was paranoid about using them due to a rumor that they could mess up your data. Besides it's more satisfying beating the game without cheating.

>buy those rings that did your additions.
But why?
Mastering them was so much fun and a good excuse to grind.

Attached: Lavits.jpg (389x565, 94K)

Those were other times, user.

I can only find press releases mentioning it but I wanna say I also got it from the horse's mouth when it was first announced.
pcgamer.com/legrand-legacy-is-an-incoming-jrpg-inspired-by-the-classics/
>In doing so, Legrand Legacy offers 3D modelled characters against hand-drawn 2D backgrounds; turn-based combat with QTE mechanics (developer Semisoft calls its own workings 'Action Circle Tempo', however the method appears to fly close to Squall's gunblade in Final Fantasy 8); recruitable non-playable characters a la Suikoden; and a range of sidequests and mid-game wars, among other things.

Man, you gotta love Dart's theme. It's one of those music pieces that can make the most mundane thing hyped up, and it goes along with pretty much anything, like Guille's theme

Dart just needs a better modifier on his ultimate addition and a small buff on his dragoon form. Him being super average until the final boss is fine because it means that he's viable in every situation.

I really like it. Rhytm game was a good idea to make random encounters fun.
Also good music youtu.be/qdky4NDCmqA

It' s great.

Not to mention your one accessory slot is invaluable. Having 3 Legend casques, armor of legend, and phantom shields broke the game, and therapy ring was kino.

Your underagedism is showing.

>director of the game, Yasuyuki Hasebe, only worked on one other game after this and there's almost no info about the guy
He was probably pushed out due to the failure of Dragoon.

I see, well if they go out of their way to make such claims i guess it wouldnt hurt trying it out, especially with that price

Keep in mind it's still an indie game made in Indonesia. Don't expect it to set your world on fire.
>the developers accurately recreated the feel of classic JRPGs, this mean they recreated much of the good and the bad parts of the genre, [...] Semisoft wished to create a "love letter" to JRPGs, and perhaps it did that in a most unintentional way. Legrand Legacy manages to capture much of the indelible charm of the JRPGs to which it pays homage through its rough-around-the-edges execution."

Thats indie games in general i guess but hey its the closest thing to LoD we'll ever get and not for 60 european pesos

Wingly is the most retarded name for a fictional race, prove me wrong.
You can't

I never got to finish this because the second disk of my pirated copies didn't work at all. That said, I still think Rose is one of the most beautiful vidya girls ever.

Modern gaming is such shit.
It's seems like Dragoon and Dark Cloud are doomed to fade into obscurity do to Sony's lack of interest. I would have had a PS4 long ago if they had exclusives like this worth playing.

Attached: DarkwingDuck.jpg (640x480, 20K)

But that's the thing, the game recouped it's budget based off sales in the West and they had a sequel in predevelopment so it can't have been that. Additionally the guy worked on ff3/6 and Super Mario RPG, even if Sony did fire the guy I wouldn't think he'd never work in the industry again.

Changeling

>based off sales in the West
Sony back then was still a Japanese company. If it's a Japanese game made by a Japanese studio and it doesn't make profit just on Japanese sales then it's a failure.

Probably personal reasons like health problems. Remember, we almost lost Rustle because of his shitty ass eyes.

eric, simply eric

Albert and Haschel would like a fist with you dude.

I don't remember it being that hard to navigate, though I was the kind of kid who enjoyed dungeon crawlers so I just made my own map to get through it. What I do remember is using the Ultimate Wargod I got from the ghost ship and my turbo controller to powerlevel everyone overnight and cheese the entire disc.

I agree with you about Sony's focus on the domestic side. However it's still a fact that they had a sequel in predevelopment and you simply don't do that for a game if you consider it a failure

Ya I think personal/health reasons are the best explanations. But it must have been something severe if we've never heard of him again.

Dude I also ran Kongol as like an 8 year old because he was cool. Lenus was the worst because she was water so Dart dies, and magic so Kongol Dies. I ran Rose so it was possible but it was fucked.

Who's that fucking japanese dev that got into a car accident? I don't remember if he died or just got paralyzed. Maybe that was him?

Backgrounds are timeless. Do not know what you are talking about.

Dart/Haschel/Meru is objectively the best party.

It was a better FFVIII than FFVIII was

All true. Still the best one.

This fucking doof said the music is terrible.

I thought Kongol was super cool as a kid too, former boss joining as an ally and that huge HP stat. I have no idea how I beat Lenus using him looking back.

I'm not sure. I looked up yoshiyuki and there's nothing about car accidents or any sort of illness.