youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They even leaked the HL3 script to tell people that it's fucking dead

no, gordon freemans VA died a couple years ago so gabe pulled the plug

i dont get it

What do you think dumbass?

I want to play it so bad bros.

kek

How hard would it be to build the with half life 2 motor and make it follow the scripts?

He never speaks a word, how could he have a voice actor?

Played HL1 and 2 on release. Two wasn't that great once the shiny newness wore off. It just did what HL1 did, but did it a bit better. The only really novel thing was the physics stuff, which was really a gimmick. The Episodes were just more of the same. I don't know why anyone would be hyped for HL3. There's no reason to believe it will be amazing.

>never ever
I keep hoping they're just biding their time until VR gets strong enough, but chances are they're just waiting to pull a Duke Nukem for free $$$ in a decade or so. They're just waiting so they can blame any poor qualities on "development hell".

I want to let go but I can't

Attached: hl3.png (860x150, 12K)

Oh this is gonna be another Duke Nukem situation, it gonna release literaly when it stop beings revelant. oh wait. it alredy is

this is how everyone knows you didn't even play half-life! gordon freeman famously doesn't have a voice! fucking idiot

Was the source of this image ever found? Obviously the crowbar and logo were shopped in, but everything else looks really interesting.

Its probably from black mesa, a half life 1 fan remake using source2 and better textures. I'm pretty sure it never got finished though.

probably just some bored CG artist

it would never live up to peoples expectations

Sometimes you just have to let go...

it kinda looks like this old UE3 game called Huxley. Look it up, its a sad story because it was so promising.

short answer: no
long answer: noooooooo

>crowbar shopped in
pretty sure the original image was made to look like half life game footage, crowbar included

It definitely will now, thanks to Randy

Attached: 8rfdvhjq13q21.png (592x364, 41K)

it will come any minute now

gabe newell killed my childhood

>pcgamer.com/peter-molyneuxs-son-really-wants-half-life-2-episode-3/

kek

black mesa has been out for fucking years lmao.

ka-ringey

who cares, hl2 was shit

Hopefully not. Ignoring sentiments like , Valve dev wing is a disjointed fucking mess that can barely manage to complete something as small-scale as a card fighter. Valve's laissez-faire approach has just turned the company into a giant crab bucket.

soon

Attached: valve-flagship-vr-game.jpg (1096x731, 32K)

Not in the current state. I don't know who was spearheading HL1 and HL2, but Valve in its current state has nobody taking charge and directing projects. Even AAA video game teams have executives telling them what the focus groups are up to.

r/woooosh

Why did Valve stop making games? Please no "because Steam and hats generate enough money" answer.

Because Steam and hats generate enough money + no direction.

That's literally the reason though. If you were in a similar position you would do the same thing.

The competetive will to be better than everyone else vanished when the dollar bills started pouring in.

but that's literally the answer. they have no obligation to make anything.

would you work if you had infinite money?

because Steam and hats generate enough money

>hl3 is announced
>but Gordon is now voiced by troy baker

>G-Man voiced by Kiefer Sutherland

I can't believe that there is no one in the entire company who wants to make new and interesting games.

it'll be nothing, just like always.

What the fuck is his endgame

Attached: 5zj9h4jt23001.png (1920x1080, 753K)

yes it was, it's just some random art someone inserted the crowbar into.

this is urban myth. they just pivoted their focus from game software to hardware and middleware software.

There are. But because there's no urgency, they can't commit to making something.
First they were going to make ep 3, concept art, maps and shit were made, but people moved to csgo, portal 2 and dota 2 and they left it there. Then they decided it wasn't good enough and started from scratch, over and over, but never really went too far because they got distracted and they don't have no real reason to finish it.
There's tons of evidence they went far into development a couple of times. I wouldn't be surprised it there's a dozen almost finished HL3's rotting in some hard drive in valve's offices

Attached: dog.jpg (1960x1092, 558K)

What are you talking about, user?
youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw

No. Valve is making a Dota 2 battle royale next. They're just going to wait another year or two to make sure they're definitely late to the party.

why would they? they literally get paid for doing fucking nothing.

all talented/passionate game devs left Valve long ago and were replaced by cheap third worlders

Attached: travelban.png (638x756, 431K)

money

made me pause for a second

>card game

Attached: 1329700429530.png (429x410, 69K)

They're Europeans, idiot.

the travel ban was for muslim countries retard

No

Remember when this photo looks like the future.

And no. HL3 will only exist when Valve finds a brand new tech they want to champion. My moneys on hepatic feedback. Originally it was VR but that train is about gone.

Attached: 1562148562499.gif (400x300, 1.58M)

This post screams of zoomer. The fact that you opened with how you played them on release tells me you're lying

so they'll make HL3 when we can grope Alyx in VR

VR Half Life is certainly possible. Though if anyone expects a traditional Half Life game in style of the previous entries, they are only up to a huge disappointment.