That one multiplayer game you loved is dead forever

>that one multiplayer game you loved is dead forever

What's her name, Yea Forums?

Attached: tribes ascend.jpg (1920x1080, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f1BmMpcxiFI
store.steampowered.com/app/862670/Sky_Tracers/
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA
ephinea.pioneer2.net/
youtube.com/watch?v=OfeGPilWZp0
store.steampowered.com/app/638490/Soldat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

we had this thread like 2 days ago i think?
Nosgoth

Shut the fuck up faggot, not everybody is on here all day like your friendless ass

Unreal Tournament 2004, and Soldat.

destiny

Blur

fucking soldat is dead?

War Thunder, as in it's dead to me because I realized how fucking shit it and its developers are

Nosgoth was soooo gooood

>Repair our generator!
>Repair-
>Repair-
>Repair our generator!

youtube.com/watch?v=f1BmMpcxiFI

Attached: 1555562435276.jpg (800x600, 60K)

Most of my favorite multiplayer games are still around but with ruined communities. Or I was too late to join a community when a multiplayer game was booming with a large population.

I kind of miss playing Mabinogi.

> sub-100 players
was never booming but still

Attached: tagpro.jpg (640x360, 36K)

Aren't a lot of dudes playing it these days.

>2009
>tell my friend I hanged out with during lunch in HS that while MW2 is fun it's kinda disappointing
>"Well user, if you want more military shit try the beta for Bad Company 2"
>Tried it and get hooked playing w/ friends, using vehicles, and blowing shit up.
>Years later, play BF1 w/ coworkers and almost as much fun
>Now DICE has gone full Social Marxists mode by adding trannies and cyborg women in WWII while explaining they don't understand what mad BFBC2 fun.

Attached: 2409898-box_bfbc2.png (762x960, 1.16M)

Gta 4
Fuck Rockstar

Attached: cops and crooks.jpg (640x360, 168K)

Not kidding, I absolutely loved this game. So many hours playing online...

Attached: have you ever been-.jpg (1000x1408, 1.19M)

my nigger

savage 2, nosgoth, primal carnage, battlerite

GunZ the duel. Was one of the most competitive games I've ever played with a steep learning curve. It could've been an esport but it sadly died when the devs took out everything that made the game fun in the sequel.

Attached: 072a.jpg (1024x768, 171K)

Attached: 687474703a2f2f7777772e6d7264696374696f6e6172792e6e65742f75736572732f6d656368612d6e656b6f2f7361696769 (1024x768, 608K)

Section 8: prejudice
Fucking loved running straight through people and crushing them from orbit

That was fun game, even though I never got the hang of K-style or whatever. I actually enjoyed the co-op raid thing, as bare bones as it was

Tribes ofc
UT2k4
Paragon
Blacklight Retribution
I'd lament APB and GTAO but they were doomed from the start, I just want an actually good crime-focused multiplayer game
Multiplayer in general is dead, they either survive for a few months until people lose interest because everyone needs weekly updates these days or they're part of a cyclical series like COD/BF and you have to buy the new one every year to keep up. It's just all so tiresome.

The quest system was actually a cool idea, where you have to combine two prices to get a certain boss or level. Some were e en secret. It was fun.

The Vietnam add-on was really comfy.

Can't explain why very well. The community was never super active and there were other games like it and better than it coming out around Super Monday Night Combat, but I just loved it.

Attached: smnc.jpg (474x271, 28K)

btf 2142

It seemed pretty cool.

Man I loved racing in that game.

People still UT2004 and 99. It's 3 that's (understandably) dead.

BF1 had shit gameplay

>mag,modnation racers,little big planet,resistance 2,killzone 2, and many more
Now a days I can't find as much with current online games. They all feel generic or aren't all that great

Attached: 1562000070173m.jpg (1024x576, 57K)

I never got to play MAG because I didn't have enough space on the hard drive.

World of Warcraft. Classic and Retail are both trash, nu-blizzard is just going to keep kicking the dead corpse of this game until the shekels stop popping out.

Are there any good multiplayer games at this point which aren't dead?

dragonica

if anyone remembers that game

Quake live forever.

I remember pkaying Halo 3 multiplayer with my brother, sister, and dad.
Those were the best of times.

dead communities:
>garry's mod - gmod tower
>smod (hl2)
>homm 4 (3 still pretty alive)
>tales of pirates (pko)
>latale
People just grow out of some games, myself included. Pretty sad tho.

You missed out user. It was really ambitious at the time for the ps3 to have an online game with that many people in one match

To this day it still pisses me off because I feel like I've missed something that will never happen again.

fuck psyonix and FUCK rocket league. Nosgoth was one the best pvp games in recent history

PSO
>b-but muh blueburst
theres like 50 autists total left its over

assassins creed pvp

Attached: 1531761554612.jpg (760x897, 186K)

tower unite exists user and gmod tower is now open source

same
played monday night combat a lot back on the 360 and enjoyed that one a lot too
about 8 years ago now ofc
fug

Deus Ex multiplayer
last i checked the remnants are huddled into a discord server and never play the game

Attached: 1518861835688.jpg (335x594, 39K)

Final Fantasy XI: Treasures of Aht Urhgan.
>all the good jobs plus bluemage, Corsair, poopetmaster
>limbus, salvage, dynamis, einherjar, nyzul isle
>experience points parties in valkurm dunes, yhoator jungle, garbage citadel, crawlers nest, merit points parties on birds
It hurts

Attached: C056D5BC-5481-4F08-A904-072CCA27770D.jpg (160x314, 4K)

Remnants of Skystone.

Ahh... I miss that game.

Attached: Remnants-of-Skystone.jpg (450x181, 36K)

rocket arena 2

GTA IV, specifically Cops 'n Crooks

Attached: GTA IV Cops and Crooks.jpg (1280x720, 107K)

t. low IQ nigger

Unreal Tournament 3. God i love Warfare mode. Atleast UT2004 gives some solace from time to time.

obsidian conflict

Tribes was never good and it's better off dead. So are you

cs 1.6

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 186K)

miss her so god damn much lads

Attached: TF2.jpg (600x339, 154K)

>Stuns you with Tele / Electro
>No scopes you with the Elephant Gun

*siiiiiiiiiip*

Now THAT was a meta...

Attached: BioShock_2_PC_Multiplayer_Logo.png (765x357, 379K)

What the fuck doesn't gtav have the fun game modes from gtaiv? Most of the game modes were meh or boring

Does anyone remember Freejack?
The freerunning/parkour game.
I loved it

t. plays as nigger germans

Attached: conker-live-reloaded-20050406074251862-1087906.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Original game was the most fun i had in a long time until it died.

Attached: c43009ded80af47b0e23c0bd22e7bb9b.jpg (1680x942, 128K)

Yeah, Nosgoth was pretty kickass

>tfw all the servers I used to play on are fucking dead
All the memories, all the fun times, it's gone.

Attached: 1561188752324.jpg (250x250, 6K)

But it isn't

IM A SOLDAT!
But Tribes hurt the most.

Attached: Wolf ET.jpg (1280x720, 125K)

You might like
store.steampowered.com/app/862670/Sky_Tracers/

>tfw remember the days hyping this up as the Wii's halo killer
>was a Wii only owner back then
>it finally came out and blew my 14 year old mind
>the multiplayer was active but hackers, glitches and bugs were rampant
>still had fun glitching onto the top of that one building with a rocket launcher
sold my copy like a dumbass and i'm tempted to rebuy it, just to keep for memories.

I wish we could go back to 2010

Attached: 1565555451354.png (769x612, 167K)

Infantry online

>Not CoD5
Pleb
I had a ps3 and a 360 on top of the wii, and yet the wii version was my favourite by far. I had to keep it from my friends though because the game looked like utter dogshit and they could never ever get passed that

SCUZZA ME
SMNC was trash. It killed the MNC community and itself shortly thereafter.

>ET

Attached: drunk kirb.png (648x648, 117K)

that game was dope, sad that it died so quick

Does it count if you got into the game after the servers went down?

Attached: 220px-Chromehounds.jpg (220x305, 25K)

DJ hero 2. No joke. Grabbed it from a discount store six months after release, fell into a small but dedicated online community and loved it with my new music bros.

Welp, this is it Yea Forums, think i'm just gonna end it here, I dont think I can take this shit anymore.
>epstien shit has me freaking out
>just lost 3k in stocks
>family wants to kill me
>keep hearing niggers and homos giggling 10 feet from my window every night
>get gang stalked every single day
>older brother has recently came out as a tranny and has admitted he has sexual feelings for me
Since you guys have always been my favorite board, and kept me entertained. I'll return the favor. I'll be streaming my suicide in about 10 minutes. In the mean time, I shall answer any questions, suggestions, etc

>inb4 go out in a blaze of glory
No, not going to ruin other peoples lives.
>inb4 why dont you make your own thread
ISP is blocked or some shit. so just posting this in first thread i see.
>inb4 is there anything i can do to change your mind
Nope, its Happening.

stream URL and quick rundown:
pastebin.com/mBNpUHbA

See you all soon.
~AFS

Attached: IMG_2019SJZNW38392_28S.jpg (1024x576, 101K)

it is, the core community is gone

I just want a singleplayer Planetside. No bullshit. Just running around massive battlefields hundreds of bots

Tony Hawk series

Battlefield 2142.

everyone is too busy with wow
nobody cares about you

REQUESTING SUMMON

my nigga. That was one of the first PvP games I felt that I was genuinely good at, and it was a ton of fun.

>morphin crowds
>hiding in haystacks
>setting off decoys at just the right moment to trick pursuers and then punch them in the back of the head

I only lament that the coolest kill animations weren't the stealthy ones. Sometimes I'd run up with the blacksmith just to go hammer time.

>savage 2
my predator
You are mine now, you belong to ME

>Now DICE has gone full Social Marxists mode by adding trannies and cyborg women in WWII
I want you retards to start thinking about what words mean

Renegade X is somewhat alive, just got a good patch recently

Attached: harvester.png (1920x1080, 2.59M)

On
ephinea.pioneer2.net/
?

Whoops, just wanted to clarify, I'm not OP.

I know I'm basically tempting some monkey paw shit but I'd be down for a Tribes BR, the momentum system would make for fun times getting around the map

Strike Vector.

They made a 2 but that died and it wasnt as good anyway

All I remember was that every casualfaggot thought that vampires were OP when in reality the hunters were the overpowered faction.

tower unite is pretty dead too tho.

Well, yeah, the hunters had actual guns and stuff. Vamps needed to play smart if they didn't want to be riddled with holes from fifty paces away.

Gigantic

SMNC was complete dogshit. MNC was amazing.

UNBELIEVABLE
FANTASTIC
FANTASTIC

Natural Selection 2
Game was fun as fuck, I'm sad it's gone

Attached: natural-selection-2-wallpaper-5[1].jpg (1920x1080, 372K)

gunbound :(

>no ATG zombies
it hurts

Attached: 1525820832830.jpg (484x441, 25K)

Attached: ShadowrunFPS.jpg (356x500, 66K)

I do.

It's called "getting bored".

Lost Planet 2.

Attached: Lost Planet 2.jpg (800x924, 171K)

you could still play this it's very much playable but nobody does because it is really an unfun game in the long run
a fun gimmick to go fast but nobody actually enjoys the gameplay
paladins is just a more fun shooter

Attached: 1561292631557.jpg (633x738, 76K)

>MAG
>Modnation
fuck man that takes me back, I never had a PS3 but my friend did and we'd spend hours on that shit.
What I liked about MAG was the sheer scope, even in that first map in the jungle was intense, particularly on offense since it was a literal uphill battle to take

And I want DICE to stop being a bunch of retarded faggots but we can't all get what we want.

>what if we did an entire game based on gunners in Monster Hunter?
what a godly idea neglected because of Inafune's western boner

Holy shit, i've been trying to remember this game ever since i played it at my friends house years ago.

Fuck man it was the first pc game my friend back in college told me to get when starting out . dumped thousands of hours and so many good memories, of all the games you chose to neglect valve why this one

Attached: 1556139490587.png (208x192, 1017)

>cod with jetpacks
fuck off that was never tribes

Gunbound
Soldier of Fortune 2

Great gameplay, shit gunplay. Until they ruined Operations with casual bullshit.
But overall it's been shit since BF3.5 Original BF3 before suppression was one of the best fps ever.
But I'll go with Left 4 Dead. I really hope the next one is coming and goes back to the roots as they say. Nothing tops that game, it had everything.

TF2 IS ETERNAL

I miss it a lot, Depth is somewhat similar but you change vampires for sharks. But I think the game is dying fast

The Matrix Online

Pretty interesting combat system, shitty leveling, but awesome pvp and the developers would login as major characters and advance the story with the characters. Someone in my guild killed Morpheus in a story event on my server so our machine agent bosses gave him a sick desert eagle in-game.

3 factions were zionists, machinists, and merovingians, and zionists and machinists each had their own sub-faction terrorist groups.

God that game was fucking amazing.

Speaking of Matrix Online, this shit ended in a horrifying way
youtube.com/watch?v=OfeGPilWZp0

We get this thread every couple of days

M.A.G

It's was fun.

Attached: B001COV1CY.03.lg.jpg (800x450, 157K)

god fucking damn do I miss it
take me back brehs

I miss spending summer days playing MAG with my bros

I really wish they would have made a 3rd game. Such a cool series. Unfortunately in Conduit 2, the best level became the hub world so you couldn't replay it. Seriously whose fucking idea was that?

SMNC was trash and deserved to die when the devs blatantly refused to fix the issues that plagued the game for months on in in favor for pushing out shitty overpriced skins

Now MNC on the other hand. Now that's a game worth mourning.

This shit was my JAM
Fuck ncsoft

>the whole smear campaign of LOL WIN 10 EXCLUSIVE killed off one of the most unique multiplayer games we've had in the past decade

Life really is unjust and I really do exist so it can see me suffer.

While Planetside 2 isn't dead yet, the Australian server sure is.
Had some pretty special times in there.

Attached: r8me.jpg (445x904, 112K)

I hurt myself today.......

Attached: my empire of dirt.jpg (904x904, 865K)

soldat is coming to steam
store.steampowered.com/app/638490/Soldat/

shazbot...

Attached: 1328018734265.png (418x455, 142K)

This
It was from the era of having multiplayer for having the sake of multiplayer but it was amazingly good

That'd be neat. Hopefully it stirs up a bit of interest.

This and Rdr1 online. It’s sad we’ll never get another experience like this from rockstar.

starsiege tribes (the best one)
battlefront 2
unreal 2004
starcraft broodwar ( not the pvp stuff but the custom pve map like starship troopers and tower defence )

At least we'll always have the soundtrack I guess.
It's doubly devastating that not only is this GitS-inspired shooter dead, but the actual official GitS shooter was straight up deleted by Nexon as well.

Attached: 1404515622834.jpg (600x600, 50K)

Quake Live is doing just fine. It's doing even better if you have enough brain damage to enjoy CA.
Either way, let's just pray Diabotical actually releases before the sun goes supernova or we get hit by a gamma ray burst or some shit.

>Natural selection 2 is dead
I loved this game is this really dead?

Attached: 1565039963332.jpg (1536x2048, 171K)

This shit was fun, but it was probably the least noob friendly game ever made. No one really understood how to use the vision modes and getting shot from an invisible enemy is brutal. I remember killing so many people by throwing a smoke grenade at a choke point and then using the thermal visor to see through it just to see medium armor dudes standing on the other side.

>official GitS shooter
The invisible knifey stabby vs gun guys mode was great fun. Being the ghosts was stupid easy if you knew how to to cheese certain areas of maps and op loadouts to bring. With re-balancing, map geometry changes, and loadout restrictions It could've become a legit asymmetrical comp gametype.

I agree. When it hit steam and popped up as a free to play game a while back, it was an absolute massacre. Another thing new players weren't ready for was just how fucking fast you could get going as a Light. But when you could find a balanced match, the interplay between vision modes and character classes was actually pretty interesting. The idea that some dude could be around the corner with a SPAS-13 cloaked like the god damn Predator made shit super tense.
I just wish a multiplayer game could come along with similar art and atmosphere. Those dudes absolutely nailed the GitS/Akira aesthetic.

Attached: 1404514691889.jpg (1024x819, 75K)

I agree. I mean I knew it would be mostly doomed the second they announced it was a Nexon game, but I didn't think that it would be actually shut down like that, and so soon.
Also Maven was 10/10 waifu material.

Attached: Maven.jpg (438x891, 281K)

I honestly loved both MNC and SMNC. They were both basically OW but actually good. It and Tribes were easily my favorite F2P games. Fuckin Gunz is up there too, but that game is honestly buggy trash with a braindead community that thinks it's super deep.

MNC was also hilariously unbalanced as fuck. Sniper could secure 1 shot headshots, and he could make his magazine giant and make his firing rate super fast. The Engineer was also legit unkillable with Juice and his health stealing gun, meaning he could solo an entire enemy team and their turrets easily. SMNC had bigger issues, but it still had fun classes like combat girl and that grappler guy.

Also fuck assassin mains, they're shit at the game and they think their class takes the highest skill to play. So goddamn braindead.

OBAMA'S LOOSE

I love how it's basically CS but in a tacticool cyperpunk setting. I wish I put more time into it, shit was stupidly fun. I think it could have benefited from more advanced sound design though.

I can still remember getting shot at by a sniper, going cloak and hitting a few bunny hops and winding up at his side. Shit was so good.

lol kys casual nigger go play overwatch