Why did 6th gen consoles have such spooky and kino main menus?

Why did 6th gen consoles have such spooky and kino main menus?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6C_bWybAn08
youtube.com/watch?v=ZE_iCgBUacQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's because they are trying to seem like they have more openness and freedom of use, but it really just feels like you are stuck inside some fake void.
I guess like an uncanny valley type effect, but in a 3D space.

They rode of the Matrix meme. Green and complex looking UIs that are easy and simplistic in terms of navigation. It's to look futuristic and visualize the world of technology. This was before ads and deceitful navigation.

xbox360 had the last good dashboard

Depends on which variant

Looking back, 00s edgyness was unironically based

PS2 menu was the comfiest.
>WOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHH

blades

Saving this thread

Why have modern console menues been completely drained of soul?

I paid money for this and it's worth it youtu.be/6C_bWybAn08

Because of muh minimalism

I unironically miss the OG Xbox and PS2 menu interfaces. They were pretty neat, and were pretty fun stylisticly.

PS4's interface is nice, but Xbone's is just fucking Windows 10.

Xboxs main ui aint great but the dashboard slide out while ingame is far better than the ps4s one

Oh shit, that's actually really nice. I might check it out and download it depending on the price. My current theme is the one with the bear watching burgers being made on a TV, with a pretty nifty little tune jingling in the background. Paid a buck for it.

A toxic combination of minimalism, and pro-corprate (anti-consumer) design. I remember watching the 360 UI slowly devolve.
First they incorporated Avatar things, which were a blatant ripoff of Miis. Miis weren't offensive to me for some reason, but Xbox avatars were. Maybe because they were so blatanly a copy of Nintendo's idea.
Pretty soon after, ads, social media, and bing integration crept into the 360 interface, and we got the shitty tile layout.
The blades wasn't a great menu to begin with, but it was better than what the 360 menu evolved into.
PS4 and XBONE menus are awful. Just godawful. Switch's menu has "muh minimalism", but at least it doesn't overtly shove ads into your face. It shoves ads covertly in your face with the "news feed" that pops up every time you turn the Switch on, which is basically just as bad. At least the Switch's menu gets you directly to your games as fast as possible.

The crystal clock on it works too. I love it. Well worth it if you ever have some wallet balance

*blocks your path as the comfiest start up menu*

Attached: DCboot.jpg (687x479, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZE_iCgBUacQ

Attached: 1564248723503.jpg (604x604, 133K)

It was cool but now everything has to be sterile because of the mobile design.

That theme with the bear has been my theme for 2 years. I love it.

Attached: bears.jpg (480x270, 35K)

That's ugly

SPOOKY OOOOHH DURERER EHQJHGBAHBEGBAE LOOK AT ME JENGJANGNJNARHNUENNRGUNG ITS SOS POOKY SCARRY I NEARLY WENT WEEWEEE AJFAJABGJBAJBGJBFJABGBAJKTLBJBYKJFBSJRNDCUJFGUDFBUEFERNGIFREHSGIKN

Attached: dumb wojak.png (645x729, 82K)

I wanted to get it but passed on it cause that "Legacy" triggers my autism. Wish it just said Playstation or Sony instead

you're ugly

Well that's Sony's fault

Vast majority would never be connected to Internet and as such there was no advertising space, which allowed GUI designers to focus on aesthetics. Black and green was obviously in the vogue at the time due to the matrix. I absolutely loved the switch on animation/home screen for the PlayStation 2. Absolutely perfect. Has never been topped.