The g̶a̶m̶e̶ piece of shit that killed PlatinumGames

the g̶a̶m̶e̶ piece of shit that killed PlatinumGames

Attached: transformers-devastation-listing-thumb-01-us-28aug15.png (1600x900, 2.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtFD_e5Xqs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how did their first good game kill them?

I thoroughly enjoyed this videogame.

Platinum has never really been alive, desu. I mean I like their games, but outside of Nier Automata and maybe MGR, none of them have been particularly successful. If you meant quality-wise, Anarchy Reigns already killed them.

It's one of their better ones.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 2.30.55 PM.png (1540x1020, 1.13M)

Fuck off TF:Devastation is a great game.

that aint mutants in manhattan

Nope nobody even remember that game try harder op

Uh what? I'm a big platinum shill and transformers devastation is probably damn good for a liscened game.
I assume you're baiting because Korra or the TMNT are more related to their "death" then transformers

Why do people like Wonderful 101 so much? The controls are awkward as fuck, and the constant gimmicks pretty much ruin any fun that you could be having with it. Some of the stages also go on for way too long. There's no way it's better than the Bayonetta games or Vanquish.

bayo 2 and korra were already shit before that.

>he doesn't like bayonetta with transformers

First of all, thats a great game.
Second of all: TMNT exists and also the Scalebound fiasco

>one of their better games and one of the better transformers games
>a game that is actually faithful to the source material
>a game with kickass music

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGtFD_e5Xqs

Attached: b9f.gif (480x270, 1.04M)

actually not, it sold well and received positive feedback, platinum is always almost bankrupt so nothing new, they will continue to make great games.

I thought it was fun but I don't know why Platinum needs to put witch time in everything

>It sold well
In relation to this game's budget, yeah? Because if it really did well we'd probably be seeing a sequel by now, considering the game ends with a sequel hook.

That shit's probably hard coded into their engine.

they couldn't even keep the license to keep selling the first game, a sequel is hardly even a question

It sold well only because it was a budget title with Transformers. People fucking hated it and it has some of the lowest completion rates I have ever seen in a game, especially since it is literally only 2-4 hours long even when you take your time.

Only 12% completed the game at all, only 2% finished it with another character, and only .2% finished the challenges on any difficulty.

The unbalanced nature and the obnoxious grinding, leveling, and synthesizing was unappealing to many players. The game can range from incredibly frustrating and broken to complete joke where you one shot everything and finish in under an hour just depending on your stats and weapon.

I got Nier Automata and I'm about to play it. Platinum games are one of the only studios that puts out consistently excellent titles. We need them.

>obnoxious grinding, leveling, and synthesizing
desu I had no idea there was a level up system until after I had finished the game

They're like a sweatshop that keeps shitting out the same garbage with a different coat of paint. They have made one good game (Vanquish) and one decent game (MGRR), the others are shit.

People already hate having upgrades and buying combos in CAG, and they really just make it so much more obnoxious with some of the worst balancing and dependence on items/stats I have ever seen, much worse than any other looter shooter (which are already annoying when it comes to this)

> A - Bayonetta
> B - Devastation
> D - Nier
Not gonna argue the chart cause I always find it hard to do these myself even with my own taste, but I loved devastation, loved nier even more, and i cant understand why everyone loves bayonetta so much cause, even if enjoyable, i found it rather easy, "boring", and flat in terms of gameplay.
for comparison, devastation is kinda flat as well, but there's enough character differentiation to make it a bit less flat, and the weapon upgrades make for very interesting replays

What does the controls being "awkward" mean in this case? They're non-standard, but that isn't a flaw, they function perfectly. Between that and your claim that the genre shifts ruin all the fun, I can gather that you're very narrow minded and don't like it when games don't adhere to design frameworks you're accustomed to. Other people like the game because they are not like you in that regard.

hello button masher who is easily tricked into thinking a game has more variety just because it has lite rpg mechanics

that's every platinum game don't kid yourself

>Platinum games are one of the only studios that puts out consistently excellent titles.
I wish. Thankfully, Capcom BTFO them with DMC5.

>dependence on items/stats I have ever seen, much worse than any other looter shooter
You had an argument before you went full retard, what the fuck does looter shooters have to do with transformers devastation and changing weapons a few times in a 7 hour game isn't that bad.

>faithful to the source material
I love transformers as much as the next guy, and i get what you mean, but speaking about source material when it comes to transformers is laughable...
the source material itself is all over the place with different all valid canons, and even then, each canon is not really faithful to itself

>mash square to spam attacks and R2 to dodge when they do their slow, obviously choreographed attacks, occasionally using rush for shields, this is the same for literally every single fight in the game
>need to grind for weapons, weapon upgrades, TECH, and stats or else enemies on harder difficulties take like 10 minutes of consecutive attacks without dying or staggering at all while you get essentially one shot
>game ranges from incredibly frustrating and broken to complete joke where you one shot everything can easily and finish in under an hour on the hardest difficulty just depending on your stats and weapon
>this is good game design to the P*drone

Attached: sfa.jpg (472x198, 18K)

Killed PG? Astral Chain comes out this month and they're still working Bayo 3. Chill.

>grinding
Holy fuckballs, it's clear that you just suck ass at the game and want to vent for sucking so much ass.

i dont even like rpg and tpg mechanics, what are you on about?

>Platinum games have shit game desig-

Attached: NieR Automata - Dodging.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

That didn’t hurt them as much as Scalebound

Did you actually play the game or just go through once on scout and stop playing like 90% of players?

The DPS increase you get from TECH, weapon rank, weapon level, weapon bonuses, and player stats is orders of magnitude more damage, and it's basically a necessity on higher difficulties unless you want to spend 10 minutes hacking away at every basic grunt. So you need to sit there and grind for these dumbass fucking upgrades with such a clunky and ass backwards interface.

Could have used some Sixshot.

Attached: Sixshot energon.jpg (640x480, 27K)

sounds like you might just be fucking shit, mate.
never had a big issues with any bosses, never had to grind, and i never found the game frustrating.

>these are the people who look down on Bamham counters

embarassing

It's actually clear that you didn't play on any harder difficulties and probably didn't even play the game at all. It has nothing to do with difficulty. The combat is the exact same braindead, repetitive, spammy bullshit on every difficulty, the only difference is you need to spend 10 minutes hacking away at a grunt while you get one shot unless you have spent time upgrading.

Maybe try playing on higher difficulties than scout you fucking retard. It's just a grindy piece of shit where your experience and difficulty varies wildly depending on how long you spend grinding and RNG (of whether you get a strong weapon or not). Looter shooters in general are obnoxious for this unbalanced gameplay, but Transformers is probably the worst example I can think of by far.

OP you are a tremendous faggot and a shitter. This game was fucking amazing and it's a literal hidden gem must play that most people skipped because it was licensed, AND the fucking thing is now basically unavailable anywhere due to being pulled when the licenses was up, unless you get the PS4 disc for it or something.

Attached: 1559765765187.webm (640x360, 2.96M)

not him, and you're right, but yeah, some people play through a game once and then don't really touch it much anymore, deal with it.
and in devastation case, it's true that in the first playthrough the weapon switch and looting don't matter as much as it does playing it multiple times

Clover Studios
>Platinum
God Hand
>Gold
Viewtiful Joe, Okami
>Silver
Viewtiful Joe 2
>Bronze
Double Trouble, Red Hot Rumble
Fight me, faggots.

Attached: 1564173737378.png (936x813, 431K)

>Bayo and Bayo 2 in the same tier

Attached: Quality Bayonetta 2 Game Design.webm (640x360, 2.15M)

What are the strikethrough tags anyway? Just [strikethrough]?

W101 was just childish trash for the same faggot audience that makes the cuck face every time a new Smash character is announced.

Boring, gimmick bullshit with no substance, like everything on the WiiU.

The WiiU was my first Nintendo system since the SNES and I'll never buy another one, holy shit it was awful.

I did emulate BOTW though, it was pretty cool at 4k60.

Even on the first playthrough, it's annoying. Just happening to get a good drop that has double or triple your weapon's damage makes the game about 10x easier. A CAG should not have such wildly varying differing levels of difficulty purely based off of loot and upgrades. If you have a weak unupgraded weapon, it will be so low damage it won't even show on their health bars, whereas with a stronger weapon you can one shot them with ease.

You don't even need to grind a lot to notice it. You can play Challenge 49 like 10 times (which takes less than 15 minutes total) and you will probably get SS weapons and credits to make a weapon that does over 10x more DPS and makes your previous weapon you ran through the campaign with look like a peashooter. However for Magnus and Prime, you will need to spend a while grinding credits, finding a good base weapon then leveling it and getting good weapon upgrades, leveling, and getting TECH. It's just obnoxious and little differences with RNG or time spent grinding will have absolutely massive differences in the amount of damage you do (this isn't like Souls where you spend 5 hours grinding to do maybe 10% more damage).

It's just an unbalanced piece of shit like basically every looter shooter in existence.

You post this over and over and over as if it means anything. It just makes you look autistic.

In other words, you can't defend the terrible combat system in Bayo 2.

You haven't pointed out anything bad about it. You have, yet again, posted a video of you getting hit while dodge-spamming like a retard.

You don't consider the fact that enemies are intangible outside of Witch Time to be bad design, when the first game was deliberately balanced around no Witch Time at all?

>that stupid zoomer that doesn't like any good games.

Yeah you are that guy
GET OUT

>enemies
It's a boss fight.
>intangible
The boss is clearly taking damage.
The game has its flaws, but you are just being an autistic fag.

Enemies are the exact same way. You can do more with enemies in GoW3, a game from a series constantly derided for being a shallow button masher, than you can in Bayo 2. The game arbitrarily removes agency and depth to design it around Witch Time for no reason.

I don't think you know what "kill" means. Unless you're going to tell me it's not PlatinumGames releasing Astral Chain this month.

The only time the "grind" is felt is if you start a fresh file on Commander, and you get caught up quickly. You also only completely delete everything if you go back to a previous difficulty after unlocking a new one since unlocking Magnus & Prime increases the level caps; once you unlock Prime going back to Magnus will make it feel easy outside of some of the hardest Challenges. TECH is also not make-or-break and mostly there to marginally improve your combo game or survivability.

Also the enemy and boss design for the game is some of the most inspired use of limited assets I've seen; to give enemies a fighting chance they've given them the same two defensive options that your characters have in a dodge and parry which they use to escape combos; with good reactions you can chase their dodge and with Overdrive, a well-timed defensive options of your own, and/or a good gun you can keep the pressure up after a parry from an enemy.

Also your third line of greentext is verbatim the same wording as a post above, so nice poorly-veiled samefag, dumbass.

Attached: 1558489506494.png (700x700, 184K)

Swap Bayo 2 & Devastation and you're right on the money for both lists.

What sort of Ninja Turtles game doesn't have couch co-op? What the fuck was C-Team doing?

Attached: Question.jpg (416x416, 80K)

>TECH is also not make-or-break and mostly there to marginally improve your combo game or survivability.
Yeah having 6 stacking 30% damage boosts for nearly double the damage is ""marginal"" LMAO you're fucking braindead buddy

You will have to constantly grind for good weapon upgrades and constantly synthesize your weapon, and if you didn't start on a good base weapon then you will have to redo the whole process with a better base weapon since weapons can only get so strong (and it requires a ridiculous time and credit investment) and unfortunately you can't transfer progress to a new weapon. This is without even mentioning all the stats you will need to upgrade (you will gain very few levels through normal progression), and your TECH upgrades. It's an insane amount of grinding that has a very strong impact on how the higher difficulties play.

Now of course since the game is so braindead and one dimensional as stated where you pretty much just spam focus and rush with slowly telegraphed moves, so you don't necessarily NEED to grind for the strongest weapons, but considering how it takes fucking ages to even kill grunt enemies without one and how you die in basically one hit without upgraded stats, it's clearly balanced (poorly) around grinding.

It's just really shit game design to try to make up for a very shallow combat system. Playing something like the Ninja Gaiden series with such incredible depth and learning curve then going to play this where the combat literally comes down to pressing one button when you see a slow telegraphed attack is just disgusting. How do people enjoy this garbage? P* games already have shallow enough combat as it is, now they simplify it even further while tacking on some looter shooter grinding fest dogshit.

Making Bayo 2.

I liked playing Grimlock because he could powerbomb enemies.

That and the Starscream fights were the best boss fights in the game.