No switch port of FE Tellius games

>No switch port of FE Tellius games
Does Nintendo hate money or something? Playing Path of Radiance on my bed would be pure kino.

Attached: Fe9-10_3377.jpg (350x246, 156K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QRZpdcVAtf4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>even when switchfags get a new game in a series, they'd still rather have old ports

Attached: 1547525153291.gif (500x362, 1.29M)

Yeah I’m sure they’d love you and four others’ money.

>Does Nintendo hate money or something?
These games were serious flops.

I want it. I've never played those two. I was so disappointed when Echoes was announced. The Switch had just been released and I was hoping for a collection of those two games.

I had Path of Radiance and the pacing was horrible, it was so slow and tedious.
Sold it half way through, I have no idea why people pay so much money for that one

Attached: IMG_4093.jpg (855x1024, 72K)

New games in the series are pretty different compared to old ones, no surprise that some people would prefer them.

weeb culture was a very niche thing back then. Since Awakening Fire Emblem is a popular brand so it would sell.

Path of Radiance is awful. It killed my interest in the series after I loved the GBA games. Still haven't played anything after it.

I haven't played these games in a really long time, but I remember them being really slow with tons of units to slog through and a lack of cool shit to play with. Should I replay them and if so what sort of playthrough should I do to get the best experience?

both of those games in the op can be emulated for free. there is literally no reason to beg for ports. not even for "muh portability," since dolphin can run on a smartphone.
port-begging faggots are the reason why the switch's library is so trash.

Three houses looks horrible and soulless, like a low budget PSP/Vita game. Koei Tecmo was a mistake

PoR was my first FE game and I still love it. Never played sequel.

they should rework the animation settings because holy fuck enemy phases take forever in both games, and in radiant dawn you have to beat the game once to unlock animations off

No, they are indeed slow, the story is honestly really silly, and I hate that you're always given an specific set of characters for each chapter (probably my biggest gripe)

I own and have beaten every single NA released Fire Emblem *except* Path of Radiance. At this point I'm about to say fuck it and just drop the hundred dollars to play it. I have no hope for any sort of port when IS would rather just make new games. Can't say I blame them - Three Houses is my favorite since Radiant Dawn.

Radiant Dawn is worth replaying. You can skip PoR unless you really want to see the story again or get fat transfer bonuses to your favourite units that ultimately don't matter because everyone hits all their caps anyway.

3 houses is the revival the series neede

nip autism

I'm about to spend 102 dollars on a sealed copy of Radiant Dawn. I loved Path of Radiance. Will I regret it Yea Forums?

Dolphin emulator ?

I fucking adore Radiant Dawn, but just grab it for $60-70 used, complete in box on ebay or amazon. I found a cib copy at gamestop a few years ago. Kinda wish they had Path of Radiance too...

you will hate it until part 3
youtube.com/watch?v=QRZpdcVAtf4
this will start playing and you will love it

also what said, just emulate it

I would say that was Fire Emblem Echoes, but few people bought that game I guess

>Playing Path of Radiance on my bed
are you gay or something?
You can technically do that with a modded wii u, gamecube injects are a thing.

No, it's fucking amazing. The only thing that lets it down is the story, but it's nowhere near as bad as Fates' story.

Part 2 is kino. Defending Elincia's throne is my favorite chapter in the entire series. Part 3 is great, but that's when the difficulty tanks, mainly because Ike and Haar carry so hard.

I feel RD was a very ambitious game but due to rushing it they had to cut quite some corners. It's still one of my favorites despite it's glaring faults tho. the slow turns (especially ally/other phases) are some of the worst offenders, a skip turn option (as latter titles have iirc) would do wonders. If they decided to remake them I'd also hope they added some real conversation to supports instead of "Hello! watch your back!"

>tfw bought the game for 20 bucks new in 2009
Nintendo scalping is the fucking worst but goddamn it feels good being ahead of the curb

Attached: 1565138810614.gif (512x512, 510K)

Oh yeah, RD doesn't have real supports, that was a bummer. No paired endings either.

Can i emulate them on my switch?
because that's what i want, to play them on my switch.

imo the story shits itself only during part 3 and the last part is arguably your typical JRPG story, but as you said, there's worse

Buying these games before they caught on is such a good feeling. Imagine paying $100 for a used, complete copy of Shadow Dragon. Fucking Shadow Dragon. That shit was in the bargain bin at walmart shortly after its release. I picked mine up for $15.

PoR is overall pretty mediocre. Every skill except around 2 or maybe 4 are shit, 2x bonus damage, a lot of the maps are underwhelming, though the early game and end game fall the flattest. The middlegame has some decent stuff, at least.

RD is a much more radical and enjoyable title, even if it's a large clusterfuck. The Telius Lore gets nice expansion despite the narrative tanking in part 3, and the DB not having enough time to develop on their own which leads to most of the new playable characters becoming really dull while everyone from Path of Radiance gets good shit like base conversations where they can get more development. I will say the Leharn shit is fucking kino and it makes me wish RD was longer so it could of fully realized it's ambitions.

What's the most expensive GC game? I saw Gotcha Force selling for over 200 bucks the other day on Ebay.

Well you can but the only stable gamecube/wii emulation at the moment is on Lakka, a linux distro purely dedicated to running retroarch. Might take a little more setup than just getting atmosphere on the switch, i've never messed with switch linux but I do hear it's not very complicated at all.

I sold Path of Radiance and 1000 years door for like 120 each, Twin Snakes for 70, I heard Korbys Airride and Chibi Robot go for something like that aswell

the dawn brigade parts in part 3 were kinda hard considering your units were so underleveled

As opposed to the Tellius games' cutting edge graphics and animations?

They're also great fun with how much exp they feed your units. Those tigers give around 30-40 exp each per non-lethal round of combat, and there's no ranged enemies or fliers at all in the swamp so you can just turtle up and grind

Attached: 1517764478586.jpg (1024x1024, 127K)

Are 1-6 and Sacred Stones worth playing at all?

Sacred Stones' main draw is LTC autism, it's not very good as a standard experience.

Eh. The DB in part 3 weren't really underleveled unless you specifically went out of your way not to utilize any of the DB. And even if the DB units were fucked, every single DB part 3 chapter is flooded with green unit meat shields. 3-6, the first Dawn Brigade part 3 chapter even gives you the fucking Black Knight as a final failsafe.
This is also true, and if you have beastfoe from part one all the laguz on the swamp become free exp food.

Either way Telius in general is very generous with BEXP so that's yet another resource that's free to be dumped onto the DB.

NCAA College Basketball 2k3,Path of Radiance and Skies of Arcadia are the most expensive gamecube games.

>LTC autism
Explain, why does that make sacred stones appealing?

i would recomend 6 a lot
4-5 are kinda hard to play blind
1-3 you are better playing the remakes
8 is really casual friendly like three houses

That's how it looks like at first glance, but Three Houses really grows on you. It's better than Fates and Awakening.

The maps are designed well for route optimisation, but have little difficulty besides that.

Seriously? I have both Path of Radiance and Skies of Arcadia, but I'd rather bring them to the grave than sell them. The latter in particular is my favorite videogame.

as opposed to Tellius' cutting edge graphics and jaw-dropping animations

Genealogy has the best parent-child system in the series because they didn't pussy out with how they did it.

I get really sad when I see people here on Yea Forums shitting on PoR. It's still my favorite, with the best story, cast, game systems and decent map design. The only flaw for me is how easy it is. Other games are also very good, but PoR did so many things so right.

Yeah, I would like some remakes. PoR could have Lunatic reinserted, RD could have proper supports, a couple more chapters for the Dawn Brigade (and Tormod) and rebalanced Laguz.

5 has the best gameplay in the series, imo. Capture was an amazing mechanic and it's a shame they never used it again. GBA games are all very solid titles that epitomize classic FE. By that point you had the weapon triangle, supports with support conversations, a good variety of classes and promotions, branching promotion paths in Sacred Stones, multiple difficulties, varied chapter objectives and gaiden chapter unlock requirements, etc. Basically a combination of the features the series had gradually introduced up to that point but never had in a single entry before.

I don't like it because of the slow animations, divided inventory, RNG-based Black Knight fight and Ike+royals+dragons being the only units that can hurt the final boss. Two of those are issues that persist throughout the entire game, so it really brings down my opinion of it.

>the best story
I think the story is too dependent on RD to really stand on its own. There's way too many plot threads left unresolved and too many questions unanswered if all you play is PoR.

Yes and no. There's still a lot that happens during the journey. The mysteries are not resolved, but the main issues at hand are.

>think the story is too dependent on RD to really stand on its own.
This is only noticeable if you play Radiant Dawn. If you only play PoR the only thing you are left wondering is who the fuck the Black Night was. It also makes you think Ike ended with Elincia which is a better ending than Radiant Dawn

Radiant Dawn is fucking shit, almost as bad as Revelations.

Weren't the story ideas for RD already in motion during the development of PoR?

>release POR and RD right after releasing 3H
that is stupid

Attached: 1539029076684.jpg (694x686, 84K)

I agree with
and there are some things I'd like to add onto this, as I said here
You mentioned the laguz needing to be rebalanced but i'd like to expand on that point: the Laguz face very poor balancing issues, even if most of them are worthwhile units. The Shift mechanic is just too offputting, even with stuff like the demi band, and laguz stones are too few and far between. (RD gets a little better with the shift mechanic, but there are much less useful laguz).

Classes can use some rebalancing too, but that's a general issue for most FE, PoR has it's own share of issues based off it's meme meta of axes and horses. Holy shit axe horses in PoR are fucking broken and you start the game with one, to put things into perspective.

Sure, but Sephiram You know, the main villain of Telius literally tells Ike "Ike you aren't done lol" right before the credits roll. along with several other things, as some have already mentioned.

It is literally the best game in the series since path of radiance, it is a return to form after a fucking decade of trash.

(you)

My main problem with Laguz in RD is that they gained almost no EXP while transformed, making them a waste of resources. It's like healers in FE1 only gaining EXP when taking damage, it's pretty stupid. I may be wrong, but I feel that the EXP formula for Laguz in PoR was a bit more generous.

But yeah, for me, that's not nearly enough to dislike or call either of the Tellius games mediocre.

Did buy PoR at launch for 60 euros. Found RD for a measly 15 euros in a game store. Not too bad.

They probably had a general idea where they were going with it but there's not many specific details in Path of Radiance that couldn't be fulfilled with other explanations. The only things I can remember from my recent playthrough are
>Balance and Chaos are mentioned as fundamental forces of the world, and the medallion amplifies the chaos within people that touch it
>Sephiran has control over the Black Knight to a degree
>the Black Knight and Greil knew each other
>the Black Knight has access to Goddess-blessed equipment, since he has Alondite, Ragnell, his own armour and the armour he gives Ashnard
>Sothe is going to Daein to meet someone
>Zelgius and the Black Knight have identical stats (only visible by hacking though), which doesn't necessarily mean anything since in Radiant Dawn they ironically have different stats from each other

>skies of arcadia
I remember getting a used copy of this at a gamestop fucking years ago for like $10, and the cashier was fucking baffled that they were selling it for that cheap.

I loved Part 1 simply because of how terrible the DB units and how well designed the maps are. And the normal mode actually being hard mode thing. It was so satisfying to beat. I also enjoyed Part 2 like said. And a FE story purely motivated by politics is exactly what I want from the series.

The writing is overall disappointing coming from PoR, but it also has some really nice bits.

Oh yeah also there's mention of corruption in Begnion once you start getting close to the Daein capital

I got Gotcha Force, Skies of Arcadia, Path of Radiance, and Custom Robo. The fact that I’d rather die than get rid of those games, even though I have all of them on my computer, kinda shows why those games are so expensive. I can’t really imagine having that kind of attachment to a video game now

Most Laguz in PoR at least provide significant upsides when transformed. Mordecai was very strong, lethe transformed on turn 1 and was very fast and doubled most things, Ranulf had good bases, Janaff and Ulki were essentially better lethes, and so on.

Most of RD's laguz don't have a purpose. Kyza, Lyre, and Vika are the worst. Mordiecai and Lethe become irrelevant after 1 or 2 part 2 chapters.

The good Laguz that aren't royals in RD consist of Volug as he is fantastic in part 1 and 3 on the DB side, some of the dragons are great in the last chapters due to their tide skills which is their main draw and of course the herons.

Do they mention or hint at Sanaki not being the true Apostle?

>por is good
>enemy phase takes 1 hour

No but they do show how all the priests are jackasses, and sanaki only treated ike like shit initially to fit in with them

Here it is. Looking back at this scene, I presume he's really laughing his ass off that everything is going exactly how he's planned it to

Attached: 7c4342028f84caec0525c99aa8939681.jpg (1417x792, 607K)

vimms lair site + dolphin emulator on your phone or computer = Free portable version
>Id buy em for $5 on switch if I could though

Attached: anawendies.jpg (169x297, 8K)

Echoes didn't do very well

I did get slightly tired of PoR in the last stretch when marching back to Crimea from Daein, although it picked back up in the last few chapters against the Black Knight and Ashnard. Radiant Dawn on the other hand I never got bored with, it's clearly too ambitious in some ways but the way the scale keeps growing up to the very end with the three armies and the final climb up the tower to resolve every conflict offset every issue for me. 3-13 and 3-Endgame are still some of my favorite chapters in the series.

>Playing Path of Radiance on my bed would be pure kino.
play furfag emblem on your bed using your wiiu gamepad.

I would though.

Wait why the fuck didn't I realize this sooner, Radiant Dawn is just Infinity War/Endgame. Or err, the other way around. Think about it.
>The Part 2 ending scene where the Greil Mercenaries return to save Lucia's ass = The Avengers returning to save vision and Scarlett Witch in infinity war
>Part 3 final is literally just the fucking snap except instead of people getting wiped from existence, they get turned to stone
>Sephrian/Leharn is just Thanos and Ashera is Lady Death

In RD their stats double, but at the cost of any sort of exp gain, coupled with their low growths, you're almost better off just pumping bexp into them, minus weapon rank increasing.

PoR laguz works fine for Janaff and Lethe who can transform instantly, then you have 1 dmi band you can use spare, RD is atrocious for them.

best would be a mixture of both systems, the base stat / transform gain similar to PoR but still being able to defend unarmed as in RD. Also keep their exp-gain transformed more or less the same as untransformed

that would genuinely work, bcause if the gap wasn't as big in stats between transformed and utransformed they could still do damage and get exp.
The othe r2 fixes that would help them is let them initiate attacks even when untransformed, and either go back t the bars being at various stages at the start of the level, or have them start at max like 4-E-3, if they know they;re going to be fighting a battle soon why would they not conserve their energy for it?

The story mode of Super Smash Bros Brawl also has the same plot