How do you guys feel about speedrunning? Who is your favorite speedrunner?

How do you guys feel about speedrunning? Who is your favorite speedrunner?

Attached: quiet.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OrJDjLfgrWc
youtube.com/watch?v=TtRXVCXichY
youtu.be/6ZhczLwJ3IY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I only enjoy it when they start breaking the hell out of the games, but usually it just comes off as super autistic and sometimes really boring.

Most of the time I just get really disappointed because speed runs so often are
>run into a wall
>pause/unpause
>teleport to final boss
And it's just not interesting

I like susan because he runs all silent hill games and gets irritated easily
youtu.be/OrJDjLfgrWc

i only care about goldeneye/perfect dark speedrunning

Attached: 1522956489003.jpg (480x587, 34K)

I only really like glitchless or no exploit runs, I was psyched to see portal 2 at sgdq but it was just like 40 min of them floating through the walls.

i feel like it's super autistic how they do the same thing all the time
*makes the 9 millionth daily please be quiet thread in the past 5 years*

I like the super mario 64 120 star speedruns

Attached: 1565623641139.jpg (604x604, 112K)

Pannen is my #1, because they are going above and beyond with what SM64 can do
Werster is my #2, for his pokemon speedruns.
Those are the only two names of runners that I've enjoyed enough to remember.

>God Tier
Speedrunner obviously loves the game theyre playing and has spent a lot of time with it. Runner is into the run and the crowd is cheering them on because the run is hype
>Good Tier
Runner loves the game and shows off neat tricks and jokes around a lot. Wants to show off cool shit but doesnt get upset if he doesnt pull it off, generally lighthearted run
>Okay Tier
Runner is pretty much just there to play the game, couch does most of the talking but at least the gameplay's tight
>Shit Tier
Runner constantly gets irritated when he cant pull off a trick or misses a skip, couch has to constantly stress how usually impossible the trick is even if its not that hard (which is 90% of the time)
>Garbage Tier
Full on autism from all fronts. Think the infamous Tomba run but with no funny cringe.. Just deadpan garbage
All that being said I think my favorite run to watch was zallard1's blind Punch Out Wii, that shit was lit

Attached: 1532408943634.jpg (575x563, 31K)

I like the Speedrunning History videos on youtube. Its more interesting to see how the speedrunning of a game has progressed in the past 20 years than to see a guy run the same game 20 times in a row to shave off another 3 seconds. One of the first "world records" of Ocarina of Time was 6 hours long and the current record of 17 minutes and 1 second is from March 2019.

I like watching 2D side scrollers speed runs. RPG speed runs are just plain stupid.

Oh yeah that one channel is super fucking good. I think it's SummonSalt or SummitSalt or something? I really appreciate the amount of research he puts into his videos. Next time I see him pop up, I'm gonna give him a subscribe if I haven't already.

Its SummoningSalt and yeah thats the channel I was thinking about too. The OoT video is by someone else though, he's not quite as good but I still watched all of it. The current OoT record is 16:58 by the way, Zeldaspeedruns wasnt updated. Crazy how the time still gets better after all these years

Zfg and Werster

Fuck off /pol/

Full on autism should be above God tier

Clint

>How do you guys feel about speedrunning?
pure autism, and not even the good kind

Another good speedrun history guy along with SummoningSalt is Apollo Legend. He does top 10 videos on speedrunning too, but they're not cringe bullshit everyone knows already, he talks about obscure cheating events in speedrunning that are interesting in some form

youtube.com/watch?v=TtRXVCXichY

I've always avoided all "top X" videos like the plague. Is he the guy that made the "TOP 10 SPEEDERS CAUGHT SPLICING RUNS" or whatever? I hate click baity titles.

top x videos are cringe but apollos vids are nothing but informative if youre into speedruns at all
give him a try his stuff isnt clickbait at all

Best speedrun.
youtu.be/6ZhczLwJ3IY

Attached: Gotta get litty.jpg (1242x1432, 169K)

this is the guy who tried to make a video about how rwhitegoose's 2 years of discord logs showing how he's an unironic neonazi was just out of context

Shame that he kinda stopped doing full game WR progression videos and is now focusing on meme runs and single levels and maps in certain games.

Speedrunning is a mental disorder that attracts gays, trannies, and nigger jews.

I was expecting this to be a troll but was pleasantly surprised by your good taste. CGN's skill in this game is really impressive.