Discuss this Yea Forums

Discuss this Yea Forums

Attached: AE251D4B-A90C-458A-833A-20E2D29E41AF.jpg (1536x1536, 363K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Famitsu_Japan's_100_favorite_video_games
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

great games

Seems about right

Seethe more WRPG-Kun

Personally I believe Valkyrie Profile is better than Chrono Trigger but I realize this is a unpopular opinion

Discuss what?

RPGs & how you feel about these 2 games

In terms of gameplay it’s undeniable that these two games are superior but in terms of SOUL Earthbound and SMRPG have them beat

No

>two bogstandard jrpgs
>the greatest rpgs of all time

I don't get it. There are easily dozens of other jrpgs that are better (or wrpgs, for that matter).

Attached: 1549152541649.jpg (1200x1386, 118K)

T. WRPG Kun

Looks good to me
here's your reply

>Chrono Trigger
Legitimately great game that deserves it's praise. It doesn't waste your time, just sticks around for as long as it needs to to tell it's story, and it has some nice replay value with NG+ and the goofier endings.
>Final Fantasy VI
Overrated garbage with game mechanics that flat out don't work, a mediocre story, super slow tower defense minigame bullshit to pad out the game time, and some required grinding to make sure you have enough money to purchase equipment for all the party members because the game will constantly force you to use certain party members. Only ever gets looked back on fondly because of nostalgia.
Fuck this game, and fuck the people who praise it, the other two FF games on SNES were much better.

Guardian’s crusade is the best.

beat me to it

Attached: 1518683037652.gif (200x200, 948K)

> FFIV & FFV are better
Imagine trying this hard to be contrarian

what a convoluted and roundabout way to simply describe that you're someone with shit taste and seem to be a flaming homosexual interested mainly in men

Came here to post this.

I'm just stating the facts. How the fuck anyone could enjoy VI unless they have heavy nostalgia for it is beyond me.

Seethe more faggot, FFVI is dogshit, and you only like it because you played it when you were 5.

Both great, depends on if you prefer a more polished game or a game with more content and options.

Good games

>HAHA THIS WEBSITE LIKES THIS GAME BETTER THAN THAT ONE!
I don't really get the point of these threads?

Attached: 1509047590774.jpg (1134x1178, 569K)

Two of my favorite SNES games of all time, what's wrong?

Both are good games, those arbitrary numbers are very much interchangeable depending on who plays them.

I grew up with the GameCube, PS3 & Xbox 360. FF6 is still the 3rd Greatest game i’ve ever played. Cope more, It’s a timeless masterpiece that trencends generations

Would it really surprise you to find out that most people contort their own personal inclinations to coincide with whatever the prevalent popular opinion is?

Yes because that’s your pathetic way of coping with games being acclaimed that you don’t like.

You're not alone, user

>FF6 is still the 3rd Greatest game i’ve ever played
Damn shame. You need to play better games instead of pure garbage.
>It’s a timeless masterpiece that trencends generations
That would apply to CT.

That’s not Unpopular, most people simply never played it

Attached: 1C766F32-3459-45D6-B0BC-3CC602CFD34B.jpg (883x640, 148K)

>super slow tower defense minigame bullshit
You can finish those really fast by rushing to the bosses. And it only happens twice in the game.
>game mechanics that flat out don't work
Most of the mechanics that don't work aren't a huge deal in practice. Sketch is buggy, and Evade doesn't work. Vanish+Doom is probably the worst bug, but chances are you won't figure it out your first play-through without a guide. Later releases fix these things anyway.
>required grinding
The game requires no grinding whatsoever. You can beat it with just 3 characters at the end even at the lowest possible levels.

The game isn't as polished as CT, but it makes up for it by having so much fun stuff to mess around with. Lots of cool secrets and interesting options in battles. Stuff like finding a Gogo by letting the Zone Eater suck in all your characters, or turning a character into an Imp and giving them special equipment. Or unique abilities like Gau's rages. Unless you're playing the GBA version with Dragon's Den, you never really need to fully exploit all the options, but it's still fun to play around with everything. Kind of like Symphony of the Night where there's tons of interesting content without worrying too much about balance.

CT and FFVI are two of my favorite games, hard to decide which I like more.

Attached: mog-portrait.png (156x160, 2K)

I’ve played every popular single player game you could possibly recommend. Cope more contrarian

This. At least Exdeath felt like a real threat. Kefka was a joke every time you encountered him up until "I moved these statues and now I'm powerful XD wanna know how I got these scars?!"

>Legitimately great game that deserves it's praise.
It really doesn't.

Combat is boring. Enemies pose no threat and deal a fraction of the damage the player can dish out. Abilities are incredibly boring: everything either deals damage or heals it. There's literally only one or two abilities in the entire game that inflict a status ailment. Dual/triple techs are boring variations on the same 'do tons of damage' or 'heal tons of HP' template. The ATB system only encourages mindlessly bashing 'attack' as fast as possible to prevent enemies from getting hits in.

There's barely any exploration, it's a time travel game that is paradoxicallty completely on rails. Your only choice is how soon you want to end the game by teleporting to Lavos, and even that is realistically only a choice on NG+.

It has incredibly shallow writing. Not a single character has a distinct voice, besides Frog's heavy-handed Ye Olde English. Everyone is a walking cliche: the rebellious princess, the geeky scientist girl, the noble knight who's been cursed, etc. We don't even know a single thing about Crono, ostensibly the main character. What does he do for a living? Does he still go to school? Where did he learn swordplay? That's how barebones the narrative is. The setting doesn't make a lick of sense: Lucca, a teenage girl, invented firearms and a time machine in a pre-industrial setting, and we are supposed to take this seriously.

The multiple endings are even shallower: they're either superficial variations on the same happy ending, or even worse, easter egg/joke endings. They're pointless and contribute nothing to the game.

Time travel is not even used in any meaningful way: instead of traveling back in time to prevent Lavos from becoming a threat, the characters travel forward in time to face him at the height of his power and beat him up. The doom of all mankind, that destroyed a sci-fi civilization, can be punched to death by three teenagers. How does that even make sense?

Attached: 1546120063851.jpg (660x574, 31K)

>Every CT/FF6 thread lately
>People claiming they're the absolute worst RPGs ever made
People aren't gonna take your opinions seriously if they're so dumb

Always listen to the opposite of what Yea Forums says about a acclaimed single player game

Contrarian generation is real.

Good job on outing yourself as a sheep that just goes with what everyone else says. No wonder why you think FFVI is good, you've let the internet's nostalgia brainwash you.

Why are contrarians so obsessed with creating baseless conspiracy theories towards any popular game? I genuinely don’t understand, they do this same shir with Nintendo games

>>People claiming they're the absolute worst RPGs ever made
They're not the worst, but I would certainly rank them lower than most jrpgs I've played.

This is literally what I've been doing for the past 5 years and it's worked out for me
I just played Nier Automata and liked it after seeing thread after thread about how shit it was

CT combat is cool. The ATB combined with enemy alignment and waiting for party members to do dual/triple techs with creates layers of timing to consider. Obviously the game is easy enough that you never need to think about it all too deeply, but it's a cool system and still satisfying enough for me. Stuff like lining up Ayla and Crono's Falcon Hit on a group of enemies feels good when you land it.

Attached: dual tech.gif (512x378, 189K)

This post is a pathetic way of coping with the fact you have no original opinions of your own yet insist you're a unique individual when you aren't and has to viciously defend the corporized crap you consume and use in lieu of an actual personality

>entry level garbage are the best JRPGs
God I hate EOPs so much

>You can finish those really fast by rushing to the bosses. And it only happens twice in the game.
How? If you try to rush through, something will end up walking past you and you'll get a game over. Does it really only happen twice? If that's the case, that means they throw both at you in the first 6 hours, because I dropped the game about that far in.
>Most of the mechanics that don't work aren't a huge deal in practice. Sketch is buggy, and Evade doesn't work. Vanish+Doom is probably the worst bug, but chances are you won't figure it out your first play-through without a guide. Later releases fix these things anyway.
Rune sword was bugged too, literally did nothing for me, and I don't remember how I managed to beat that over powered boss that they want you to use it against.
>The game requires no grinding whatsoever. You can beat it with just 3 characters at the end even at the lowest possible levels.
You're bullshitting me. They don't give you nearly enough money for everyone by just going through the game, there's no way you can get through it without grinding because eventually you'll get fucked by the game setting you up with a party of people you didn't buy equipment for. Unless you're some kind of fag that plays with guides.

I heard so much good shit about VI, but it was all lies, nothing was enjoyable about the game, it couldn't keep my attention for more than 30 minutes at a time because it was always so boring to me, silly clown man being a good villain is the biggest meme on the planet, just fuck this game.

> Waah why don’t deliberately lie to yourself & hate these iconic games for the sake of being different?
Nice job outing yourself contrarian.

>game rankings
>modern games aren't at the top
>somehow old games with outdated systems long since surpassed are in the top 3
>not even a "nostalgia" ranking

where is the logic?

>They're terrible but I won't even hint as to why
This is why nobody takes your opinions seriously

Okay, Skyrim is the best game ever made by your own admission, you fucking faggot

the ranking isn't based off of the graphics so why would modern games be at the top?

You'll never understand because you're a fucking sheep. The fact that all you can do is complain about people not following the hivemind shows how much of a sheep you are. You're just always happy to follow whatever the majority says instead of forming your own opinion.

i didn't say anything about graphics

T. Zoomer. Games are better in retrospect because they make you appreciate the insane amount of detail & quality from a game that old in comparison to the pieces of shit we get today

Based and Square pilled.

Why are you seething so bad? It’s pathetic, the only fucking thing that matters to the people who make these lists is how much they personally enjoyed them. Favorite games = Best games

CT has better music, made better use of the SNES graphical potential, and has a more likeable party, achived by keeping it simple to 6-7 members, instead of 20+ of them. hlaf of those being expendable; not to mention CT even has the battles happening in real time ith no map change and the combined techs

I loke FF6 but as an rpg CT is a better game

>sub-par story and gameplay
>came out during a time when video game stories sucked ass

I can see why they're beloved.

> Being a contrarian makes me interesting

I prefer a lot of older video game stories to modern games. They were often better, or at least easier to accept, because they were short and simple. You didn't have to sit through hours of convoluted story with voice acted scenes.

>because they were short

Attached: FinalMovieVII.png (418x596, 248K)

Because I'm tired of people parroting this stupid opinion that FFVI is some sort of masterpiece when its not, its almost as bad as FFII and VIII, hell I'd probably go back and play through II before I'd ever give VI another chance.

That's just your own blantant contrarianism & horrible taste, nobody fucking cares what you think & your opinions will never be shared because they are objectively wrong

I was thinking of SNES RPGs, but even FFVII is shorter and more to the point with its story than lots of modern RPGs. Especially modern FF games. I don't dislike all longer RPGs or convoluted stories either, Xenogears is one of my favorite games. But it's easier to tolerate a mediocre story in older games over listening to hours of voiced dialogue.

>473881619
>people still using FFVIII as an example of a bad FF
>they'll never understand how brilliant it was

Attached: no gf.jpg (633x758, 477K)

>because they are objectively right
Fixed.

>How? If you try to rush through, something will end up walking past you and you'll get a game over.
You just send your strongest party down really fast. You might end up in a couple battles, but it's possible to avoid everything beside the boss. If you're worried about something walking past you just position the other two parties to block off the paths.
>Rune sword was bugged
Rune blade uses MP to always do critical hits, so if you don't have the MP it'll just work normally. If you mean Celes's ability Runic, you need to have a sword equiped, it won't work with flails and stuff. It just absorbs the next magic spell cast by an enemy.
>They don't give you nearly enough money for everyone by just going through the game
Generally you'll have enough GP going through the game fighting monsters and exploring naturally to buy some stuff, along with equipment you find. Even if you're underequipped though you can manage.

>That's just your own blantant contrarianism
AKA not being a sheep and thinking for myself.
>horrible taste
No, I'm one of the few people in this thread with good taste.
>nobody fucking cares what you think
Clearly you do since you keep arguing with me.
>your opinions will never be shared because they are objectively wrong
What's objectively wrong about them? The fact that they aren't popular? Fucking sheep.

Seethe more

You're a sheep and you need to cope with that fact.

cope > seethe, well done

Attached: 4chan elements chart.png (573x614, 76K)

Where would tranny fit in there?

Already there basically with dilate, so I guess it works the same way.

love em

>wrpgs

Attached: 1560068666073.jpg (640x480, 85K)

Ff6 is a fucking meme anyone who puts it up on a pedestal is a nostalgia fag or hipster. Completely broken and repetitive. But hey aren't the characters cool! And that intro is soo awesome. Fucking die u cunts

cringe

>These games are bad, ok
>Not gonna explain why, they just are
>Cope, seething, dialate
That seems like the extent of Yea Forums's analysis.

and if any legit criticism is posted, they get met with "you didn't play the game"

Nice you summerfag

Remember guys, liking games is bad
So is giving actual detailed feelings about a game
Just call everyone a faggot and don't play games

yikes

rent free

FF6 might be the most overrated game of all time

I mean, yeah, that's the best way to go about it. If you make actual arguments, they will be ignored 90% of the time and you'll have just wasted your time typing all that shit out. Throwing buzzwords back and forth until the thread dies takes no time to do, so its the better option.

cope and have sex

>Contrarians on Yea Forums
What are the odds.

Nigger

too far man

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59K)

FF6 is so fucking bad. It doesn't even play right. You can casually crash the fucking game because half the stats and abilities don't work right. It's an ugly, crappy game

FFVI is quite possible the greatest game ever made. The gameplay is fun, the art and music is all good. It's just a beautiful, incredible game.

t. brain damage

Attached: retard alert.gif (493x342, 480K)

Stfu I like my rpgs to be busted

A grand finale to the SNES era. It would have been more wonderful had Terranigma been released in the US instead of forcing people to import the UK version and a UK SNES or forcing people to emulate.

this but unironically
RPGs are all easy anyway, so might as well throw is a bunch of fun busted/imbalanced stuff

You can tell a westerners made this because dragon quest III isn't number 1

Yeah
vgsales.fandom.com/wiki/Famitsu_Japan's_100_favorite_video_games
Dragon Quest III at number 3 here, FFVI at 25 and CT at 28.
More recent top 20 list has CT at top though with no DQIII or FFVI. I wonder why FFX is so popular. Higher than I'd expect on both lists.

>More recent top 20 list has CT at top though with no DQIII or FFVI

and yet that trash fire that is XV is up on the top 20 list.

>FFX and DQVIII in top 4
Japan has some pretty good taste.

Looks good from here.

Attached: inappropriate.jpg (1275x535, 96K)