ITT: It's 2014

ITT: It's 2014

Attached: 33e.png (600x437, 270K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/woman-puts-deus-ex-on-computer-chip-in-her-hand-1573033542/amp
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
youtube.com/watch?v=6ryyAenmzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=1A7gBS3QiqA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nobody remembers because newfaggotry

Worst year in the history of Yea Forums. moot was based for casting those faggots out to cripple-chan.

I can't wait for bannerlord

This is the year I turn my life around, I'll be a completely different person come five years time!

I heard that Blizzard's Titan was cancelled. I really hope that the assets and team from that game go on to make something great!

can't believe this was 5 years ago

Attached: 1538870462561.png (450x487, 134K)

Here's a scenario: female ""game"" dev uses sex for good reviews. What should happen next?
>She has her career ended as well as that of the corrupt journalist
Or
>Everyone who demands ethics is called a racist, sexist bigot that needs to grow up, thus resulting in many people becoming polarized and starting a social-cultural shift

She didn't even get her game reviewed lol

So is gamergate actually "evil" or is it just journos who are still angry about getting caught shilling and doing shady shit? I swear they act like gamergate was some kind of terroristic attack

Attached: 1552885306366.jpg (640x641, 132K)

thats a great t-shirt

the latter. moot was just buttmad at all the 'not videogames' threads and banned its discussion.

It literally was people exposing corrupt game journos. That's all it was. If anyone else claims anything but that, then they have no clue what happened and or trying to revise history. It was and is the moment that exposed how greedy these fucks are.

>Here's a scenario: female ""game"" dev uses sex for good reviews. What should happen next?
People should ask for proof that these good reviews actually exist, and when it turns out they don't, people should just drop this non issue.
Or they could go on a 5 year cringe crusade and never once let the very fundamental basic fact that their outrage is based on something that didn't actually happen stop them from insisting they're right.

2014 was probably the lowest this board ever got. 2011 and 2017 were far better. It's pretty shit again now though.

Attached: 1449980759397.jpg (4000x1786, 1.99M)

Go dilate, it did happen and your just trying to deny it

In the grand scheme of things, it turned over the proverbial stone and unveiled the writhing insects of the social justice cult (and the methods they employ to gain power).

I followed GG at the start because I too felt gaming journalism was corrupt as fuck. By the end of GG I no longer thought so. I thought GG wold uncover so much. There were so many people working on it, and they found absolutely fucking nothing.
>but GJP!
GJP actually proved how clean the journalists were. We uncovered the entirety of a secret list where game journalists could communicate... and what was there? Nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing.
To this day I haven't heard of a single thing uncovered by GG that amounted to anything. One of the GG drones will throw some wiki at you, tell you to educate yourself, or just start posting about fucking Zoe Quinn for the billionth time. Name three things GG uncovered that proved videogame journalism was corrupt. No wikis, no bullshit infographs, just tell me. Should be easy, right? I mean, GG wasn't WRONG and the game journalists were SO corrupt so there must be a million things you could reply with.
Just three will do, I'll be waiting.

Oh, and just so you don't waste your time, a journalist having a left wing opinion isn't corruption. I'm talking about an actual breach of ethics. I'm all ears.

It was partly a product of the algorithmic shift at major social media sites to promote "engagement" to maximize ad clicks. I think it was around this time that LeafyIsHere got big too, along with many other terrible hate mongers.

The targets of Gamergate were a clique of awkward, wishy-washy types with strange complexes. In the old days they might have been semi-notable lolcows on Kiwifarms or something, but thanks to search engines promoting their escapades, they became ideologicall figureheads.

Ultimately, the lolcows of Gamergate moved on to do nothing of real note, the big players instigating a lot of hate got fired or eventually watched their periodical collapse, and the people still fighting each other over it are fucking crazy.

damn, seriously? got a link to those reviews, user?

>Or they could go on a 5 year cringe crusade

Your side is the only one still talking about Gamergate 5 years later, pinkhair. Everyone else moved on a long time ago.

>I'm talking about an actual breach of ethics. I'm all ears.
selling reviews for sex

Oh shit, I almost forgot about that guy.
He's the reason I got into cringe comedy
R8

Attached: nods.gif (350x490, 2.13M)

it's amazing that so many people in GG spent so many years doing investigations into this shit but not one of them took the time to see if the thing that started it off was even true. it wasn't.

>What is 2+2
>Give me a REAL answer, not 4!

>post-2015 election tourist infestation
>better than any point in Yea Forums history
nah

Yes. I remember. And feel the same way now as I did then.
Didn't give a shit because I knew it was stupid as fuck.
A female game developer may or may not have slept with a few journalists for good reviews.
Yes. Excellent validation to lose our shits and go on a rampage.
At least the attack on Scientology with fat masked neckbeards holding signs made me chuckle in 06. Gamergate was just arrogance and stupidity.

Attached: 1255719569654.jpg (740x555, 106K)

If I had a one-use time machine, I would use it to stop Quinn from making her shit game so that game journos wouldn't act like they had their own 9/11.

"Ethics" are loosely defined, so here's a few:

Promoting controversy or bbashing popular content because negativity will produce better SEO. The journalists were in a corner with this, but giving into Google's crippling system wasn't exactly an act of integrity.

During the whole thing, instantly siding with grifters like Brianna Wu and Anita Sarkeesian was super sketchy. I can understand Gamergate being non-news to the likes of the BBC, but to willingly embrace such shady people as virtuous heroes who have never done anything wrong is just a complete frabrication. That wasn't verry ethical.

Finally, going on Twitter and telling people to kill themselves because they disagree with you, or calling for your followers to harm people who disagreed with you, or telling everyone they were Nazis - that wasn't a very ethical thing to do. Thankfully many of the journalists who did this were let go after Gamergate simmered down.

I hate how right you are about that. The fags that have been here for less than a year outnumber the ones who've been here for even a couple of years, let alone the standard lurking requirement, 10 to 1 at this point.

Attached: 1509613260780.jpg (492x449, 48K)

I doubt you remember it, user. The sheer level of absolute cancer coming out of the board between 2013 and 2015 was unbearable. It took ironic shitposting is still shitposting to its absolute limit. GG was only a blip in that period that didn't even exacerbate things. Everything was so post-irony and pissed off that it's staggering to look back on. The "election tourist infestation" you're talking about didn't happen to Yea Forums. Most of the /pol/acks on the board you assume are just former Redditfags are in fact former Yea Forumsirgins and Yea Forumstards.

Attached: 14235254.jpg (459x639, 44K)

Man I hate this shit job, hopefully I'll be working somewhere else 5 years from now

Whoops, meant this
for you.

Last time i had fun was 2015 but damm 2011 was just damm good

Attached: 0B80F80D-278C-454E-86BD-8DC1E6FDA8C1.jpg (1024x576, 192K)

What's gamergate

An excuse to yell at SJWs essentially.

The biggest orgy in the planet

Phil Fish's game Fez was awarded the Grand Prize at IGF when "there [were] 8+ people with a financial investment in Fez that were directly involved with the judging process of the IGF awards." (Financial incentive to give the game positive accolades not disclosed.)
Lauren WainWright wrote a number of articles involving Square Enix products despite for Square Enix as a consultant.
Cara Ellison of Rock, Paper, Shotgun mentioned Mitu Khandaker-Kokoris’s game, Redshirt, in an article titled S.EXE: VA-11 HALL-A as well as create an article dedicated to Redshirts, while Khandaker-Kokoris donates to Ellison via Patreon. (favorable publicity given to someone who pays you should be disclosed)

so you've got literally nothing
can you even step away from your NPC programming long enough to question why you can't even name a single unethical thing GG uncovered but still insisted it somehow did achieve this? do you find that strange at all?

I'm sure you have the links for the reviews of Depression Quest (a completely free game, by the way) in question
Share them

Gamergate wasn't that bad,the problem was that all "famous" representatives were the kind of people that you wouldn't want to associate with

Damn I remember the amount of bully if you obviously never lurked. I was actually scared to post when I first started coming here. Now it’s just fucking seeth, etc. At least umad was actually pretty funny.

Ask someone who joined Yea Forums because of gamergate anything

Look up "Gamergate Controversy" on Wikipedia, but don't read the actual article.

Instead read the archived discussion. The discussion is more like what Gamergate actually was. People in the mob of social media having various, disconnected grievances with the authoritative media, and people in authority saying there was no problem because authoritative sources say there is none.

Attached: reddit on our shoulder tumblr by our side.png (1200x640, 1.11M)

She didn't use sex at all though. It was all sensationalism by some butthurt dumped bf to get back at his ex. That's what was so funny about the whole movement.

Man I'm really digging dunkeys league content

Why you gotta attack me like that

Why aren’t you at cripplechan?

It's her body, shitlord. You're not her dad. She doesn't even know her dad.

At first I thought GG was pretty gay but now that everybody knows journalists don't know jack shit and some onionsboys are still talking about muh gators after 5 years...yeah, I'm thinking they based.

Attached: 1549419623527.png (888x894, 520K)

The accusations were always of favouritism, not of review of a game that doesn't even exist, you'd have to be retarded to pretend the favouritism didn't exist

google.com/amp/s/kotaku.com/woman-puts-deus-ex-on-computer-chip-in-her-hand-1573033542/amp

Literally a different person since then. Holy shit I feel so good right now! Thanks user, hope you are good too...

>notch on the SJW side
what?

It was a spark on a powderkeg. People were already pissed at game journals because every other article was about how games were promoting "rape culture" and men are dead. Some article came out saying women were 60% of gamers (if you include Bejeweled and other mobile games in the stats), and there were a bunch of articles about how the entire industry needs to change because games and their players are sexist, and women should be in power now.

And it wasn't uplifting. It was deconstructive, acusatory, and cruel. It wasn't so much a dumb girl that set the whole thing off. It was when the journalists tried to defend the dumb girl and call their readers out again.

First two happened before GG and were already known. GG did not uncover that.

So that's possibly one thing GG uncovered and it is of course the mildest shit in the world.

The correct response should have been to call the guy a cuck and tell him to fuck off.

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-211356.jpg (720x1440, 318K)

President nigger is ruining America
nooooooooooo

Attached: 1451953673834.jpg (1116x4736, 1.7M)

its literally the same thing thought
gamergate just made more people seethe

>Post I'm replying to literally bitches about "reviews for sex"
>T-T-THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT
The absolute cope on this faGGot

OK retard

You asked for something, there's something.

This man was the main guy behind it all he triggered libs so hard that they believed he was next hitler with his infamous catchphrase
>trigger the libs own the libs

Attached: soy.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>All the people who supported GG basically did it for the money/Views/ and Fame
I’m glad a large majority are dead

It became the former when edgy kids focused more on the SJW-bait than corruption in general took over the movement. Otherwise it was intended on being the latter: a movement aimed at disassociating current publisher-paid fucks with actual vidya-journalism after the Zoe incident revealed you could get good scores and support via literal blowjobs.

>2011
Goddamn, I miss Synchtube...
Who remembers?
youtube.com/watch?v=1EKTw50Uf8M
youtube.com/watch?v=6ryyAenmzHM
youtube.com/watch?v=1A7gBS3QiqA

Attached: slippingaway.jpg (600x399, 27K)

>Flags videos
>channel is basically dead
>Got banned from Church because he was a dumbass
>So much other shit that made him hated by everyone
Good riddance

I like that it reduced the respect for ""game journalists"", but a lot of it was just stupid or straight up /pol/tardation and somehow it enabled absolute dunces like Sargon of Akkad to make a living as some sort of youtube """""""intellectuals""""""" just by pandering to the crowd. It also brought some much needed diversity to replace Yea Forums's aging population :^)

Attached: 1550109923817.png (1229x417, 75K)

Okay, so in five years GG found out one journalist gave a positive review for a game when the game makers were patrons of the journalist. Congrats everyone.