165GB FOR 1 VIDEOGAME

ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE GIGABYTES

What went wrong bros? Is this the future? Taking up almost 1/3 of the average console harddrive space to play ONE game?

Attached: 43.png (817x640, 423K)

Other urls found in this thread:

venturebeat.com/2017/02/28/76-of-game-developers-work-crunch-time-without-paid-overtime/
github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/blob/master/README.md
github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/wiki/Compression-Results:-Games-p3
techradar.com/uk/news/xbox-ones-new-download-delivery-method-will-save-time-and-hard-drive-space
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Might as well go back to cartridges at this rate, with 256GB SSDs inside of them.

Game companies know that the heart of any gamer is their harddrive space. The more they take up, the less other games have a chance to be on your harddrive, thus the big sizes so there will be less of a chance of other big games being on your computer.

>get an external harddrive

good thinking, that way each loading screen will take 5 years

It's supposed to deter piracy ya dunce.

>crysis 1: 5 gigs
>any game now: 100+ gigs
what went wrong?

Attached: 1486730559123.jpg (217x222, 34K)

BUT Yea Forums TOLD ME DESTINY HAD NO CONTENT

muh uncompress audio
muh 4k textures
muh 4k cutscenes

You realize there are external SSDs now right? I have one for my ps4 and it makes it on par with PC in terms of loading and UI snappiness

who the fuck is still playing this shit and why is money still being pumped into it?

>tfw my ISP data is capped at 300gb/month
i'm not gonna play this anyway but still, ISP's better stop being retarded if things like this start becoming the norm.

They do it on purpose.
Notice how games file sizes did not explode til they became "live services"? they want to take up as much space on the HD so you have less of a reason to play other games besides their "live service".

>might need 165 GB
There are people here willing to make space for this hollow game

And people ask for games in 8k

Attached: 2255.jpg (600x600, 74K)

>install it
>play it
>uninstall it
whats the fucking problem exactly

A Million people, and because bungie just broke off of activision.

>muh uncompress audio
Fucking piece of shit devs who force you to download non-english audio piss me off.

Anyone else still play it?

Attached: glitch.webm (1280x720, 2.3M)

>on par with PC in terms of loading and UI snappiness
You must have an absolutely shit-tier PC if that's the case.

Surprisingly, some people enjoy things you don't.

I see new players a lot more often nowadays than in last year. Also they gave out the base game for free last November IIRC.

...how?

I just picked it up a couple months ago and really enjoy the gameplay. Its also a good game to play with friends obviously.

Probably taking a break until Shadowkeep drops. Too lazy to grind the armor for the other 2 classes.

Attached: tiger_release_final_20190802_225136.png (1920x1080, 2.61M)

I'm like 60% certain I've heard of pirated copies that are like a quarter the filesize so if anything its doing the exact opposite.

1050Ti
16GB RAM
i5 Intel CPU
MSI mobo
noctua fans

>Shit tier PC

lol no it's top of the line and can run games at 1080p.

Attached: Some+stuff+i+stole+from+discord_1d0577_6891837.jpg (1200x1401, 113K)

never going to go back, fuck Destiny. Worse than most MMOs.

>good game to play with friends
every game is good with friends

Pirates are actually better off since those on shitty metered connections can download rips with non-eng audio removed and the game files archived with far better compression methods than Steam etc. use.

It doesn't because most pirates will pack the file. I remember pirating gta5 and it was only 28GB instead of 64GB

I read somewhere that devs are doing it on purpose to compete for hard drive space

That's nowhere near "top of the line", I bet your RAM and cpu are cheapo shit too just like the gpu.

>noctua fans
nobody cares about you poop colored fans

No that's not true at all. A shitty game is still a shitty game even with friends. Just because you laugh at it for an hour or two doesn't make it a fun game.

What shader is that? Looks pretty cool. I wish I had the drive to grind the armor but as soon as I got the blue one I pretty much gave up, so many shit to do and it's mostly things I've been doing for a year now.

same bro. i did my warlock armor on the first three days. too lazy for doing it on hunter.

must be credible source!

Guaranteed internet access and digital only allowed devs to stop giving a shit about file sizes or compression

Everyone bitches about how small the Switch's cartridges are but no game and I do mean no game should ever be more than 32 gbs anyway. Anything more than that betrays a lack of interest in the customer's welfare

you're having a good time

>1050Ti
>i5
>probably ddr3
>Top of the line
Stop

Nah, it's a marketing tactic. If you overload the SSD with only 1 game, people will install less of other games and buy more MTX. Yes, this is a real line of thought that businessfags came up with in a boardroom meeting.

> (OP)
>>install it
>>play it for 5 minutes
>>its shit.
>>uninstall it having wasted more than half your monthly download quota, your time downloading and installing 165 gbs, and your money.

New monarchy Diamonds

It's a Y1 faction rally shader so you're SOL if you just started playing

>wow grandpa did you really download 100 gb games back when you were young?
>yeah
>but the internet was stupid slow back then, didn't it take a long time?
>yeah
>and most hard drives weren't even more than 500 gb at that time, right?
>yeah
>but why did you do it then?
>because you're mum gay

Attached: 5685846816.jpg (540x540, 27K)

i have a 1050ti and an i7 and i know way fucking better than to actually thing i have a "top of the line" computer are you okay in the head

Attached: 1509553761036.gif (500x482, 3.23M)

Greetings traveller. How are things in 2004?

Literally nobody is asking for this.

Play what, D1 or D2? Because I'd like D1 but mostly everyone moved on already.

How much tip do Americans leave for a 165 GB download?

A tip worth of three claps.

consoles and their inability to stream compressed files

Ion Maiden is like 60mb and has better and faster gunplay.

>2004
sadly in burgerland even the largest providers (comcast, cox) are starting to enforce data caps of 1TB/mo. they will charge extra money if you exceed that cap. i'm in a smaller market in the middle of nowhere with no competition, so the provider has brought the "generous" data cap all the way down to 300gb. it hurts.

Attached: 2019-08-12 11_42_37-cart service-selection.png (591x381, 19K)

>Literally nobody is asking for this
Stadia, ps5 will support 8k
People pushing up-scaled trashy 4k pretty hard.

>every game with take up a lot of hard drive space have a console port and microtransactions
they're literally bloating it on purpose to make you uninstall other games with microtransactions to make you buy theirs instead

>THIS delusional about his entry tier pc

Lmao

>ps5 will support 8k

Attached: 1418671184994.png (600x580, 572K)

>3rd world infrastructure
>3rd world crime problems
>"We're still the greatest country in the world because GDP!"
It's really something watching how deluded Amerimutts are. And now they believe that they can accept any number of taco people, and not have their entire system crumble down?

Yeah. at 60fps at least

Attached: 1255.jpg (193x262, 14K)

Well shit what the fuck is wrong with these people. I don't play this dogshit but my little brother does. Sharing the ps4 space is going to be hell know with this trash(even after I upgraded the space). I can already see the arguments gonna be had because of the bloat.

>buy game
>download repack for the lower file size
Working as intended

Attached: 1271386164332.jpg (554x439, 35K)

It's not like all you fags even play video games

You know what's funny? I'm still going to download it, I am having fun with it and there's so much stuff to do every week. I bought the $40 full edition 2 weeks ago and holy fuck it's alot of stuff

Attached: Destiny_2_20170908162825.webm (1280x720, 2.97M)

reminds of the first time i installed diablo 2 in my 20 gb hard drive

Attached: 1529973800316.jpg (228x221, 6K)

>pirating an online only game
>pirating an online only game whose base version will be free in october and whose DLC permissions will be account based
how?

I remember having to do the video-less install

Attached: sushi.gif (498x270, 752K)

65 GB for content and 100 GB of unlockable paid DLC. Its already on the disk for YOUR convienece.

i don't buy into le infallible america, but your take is just as retarded. the USA is impossibly huge and diverse, of course you will have pockets where bringing in major infrastructure is impossible. where i'm at, a city of 30k, i have to drive 8 hours just to get to a city that has over 200k people. crime is low. the economy is fine. but we aren't going to have all the conveniences and services you'd find in a large city or in a country of millions of people that is literally smaller than many of our individual states. americans are insufferable but nobody beats yuropoors like you :^)

Doesn't work if you're a console fag, or if it's multiplayer based or online only

Also the best thing a repack could hope for without ripping shit is remove languages and voiceovers, reencode videos, lower the bitrate on audio, and compress the files, most repackers don't even bother, and even then, the actual install will still take a fuckload of space.

Fitgirl has a Mad Max repack at like four gigs, which still balloons up after install to 30+.

>What went wrong bros?
If I remember correctly, each new reskin of a weapon or a piece of armor means a new 3D model has to be made.

>each new reskin of a weapon or a piece of armor means a new 3D model has to be made.

why the fuck... JUST CREATE A NEW ARMOR SET THEN

Am I the only one who lives in a second world country and has no data cap at a low cost and fast? Also I have a 1tb ssd, damn I had no data cap even back in the early 2000's, do you people live up a fucking mountain in the middle of nowhere or something?!

When will this feature be introduced on steam?

Attached: download-size.jpg (640x480, 62K)

Most of it is uncompressed audio. Even 4k textures aren't that huge.

A very high quality, uncompressed audio track with 96KHZ, 8 channels and 24 bit depth (which is blu ray quality) takes around 80MB per minute.

10 hours of audio of that quality takes 77 GB.

Yep, I forget what their called right now (reorganised or something) but they remove stuff like:-
-All the other language packs you don't need (the audio files are fucking huge)
-Credits videos
And sometimes other stuff, but those are the main two things. Language files are the only thing that really matte.

Is vehicle combat in pvp or are they still saying it’s unbalanced

Surprise user, hardware is expensive in most of the world, and most second, third and even first world countries still have shit data caps and even shit speed.

Exhibit A, look at the number of peers on a torrent for a newly released movie, compare a 30+ gig bluray rip and a 2 gig reencode and see the difference yourself.

I think it's still no fun allowed.

everyone who uses that "meme" is honestly garbage and your pc is a low end PC from like 4 yeas ago
>typical Yea Forums though to be honest

My fucking work pc is more powerful than this...get a fucking job bro

Lack of compression because console CPUs are dogshit

>The more they take up, the less other games have a chance to be on your harddrive
I'll tell you right now, the more space a game takes up, the less chance it has of being on my hard drive period

No

Unfortunately one of the best pve guns is locked behind competitive pvp which is total dogshit.

this is weird because nearly ever weapon only has like 3 god damn base skins with little tidbits put on it.

Borderlands can manage to make most guns look relatively unique but in Destiny? you've got 3 fucking Fusion rifles, and all of them reload the same way.

hell one gun is unique just because it reloads differently (Sturm) and is crap otherwise.

my friend actually has pretty good internet in fucking albania of all places. lower cost and uncapped than my internet here in the US. i live in buttfuck nowhere for sure, but the bigger issue is that our cities will basically sign contracts with these large broadband providers ensuring the barrier for entry for broad competition is far too high to ever get better companies or better infrastructure in. it's a joke.

all so you can hear your Squeaky Nolan North Ghost say some retarded quip.

>Gay daughters
Ew

If it is a reskin, then new 3d model shouldn't be made since skins are basically textures.

>get the Loaded Question
>it looks exactly like the Vanguard Fusion Rifle in every way
>remember I have an Ornament for it
>it just changes the fiberglass to metallic.

Attached: 1548209689090.gif (350x212, 3.44M)

I remember seeing music DVDs that audiophiles buy. Does something like that on bluray exist?

In the first world, companies have more power than people so they get to dictate the terms. Datacaps exist only to get more money, they aren't a technical limitation.

Fucking bullshit. All my games sound the same since the beginning of the ps3 era

>Actually paying $10 dollars for glow on the armor

Please go back to your containment general.

Attached: 1354054881523.jpg (500x420, 127K)

I'm not an audiophile, so I can't say for sure, but blu ray is higher quality than DVD, so there should be.

Well, if you don't have a full blown high quality audio system, or pro quality headphones, there's barely any difference at all, to be honest.

maybe he was like me and had 5k bright dust.

Devniggers think it'll stop piracy, lol

Lol didn't know you could do that.

Considering how much recycling Bungie does it is utterly amazing that they've managed a 165 GB DLC. They are truly a testament to incompetence.

Attached: 291502387.jpg (221x179, 11K)

lol. Big space hog makes me much less likely to bother even downloading it/playing it as I have slow rural internet.

Ok and? People have been doing this shit for other MMO's for a while.

I had bright dust so no

My Sony pulse elite headset sounded way better on ps3 games than in any recent ps4 or pc game, frankly

>optimistic
>started playing 2 weeks ago
It hurts

Attached: 1548332957575.jpg (437x501, 46K)

y

No it doesn't, it encourages repacks, which I will be getting for Shenmue 3 when it's available since it requires 100 fucking gigabytes on PC.

>Most of it is uncompressed audio
Lies. Audio sounds like shit in ALL modern consoles. But what would you know I bet you use your tv speakers. FAGGOT.

Wasting brightdust is nearly as retarded since bungo is nerfing bright dust gains come shadowkeep.

Do I need the annual pass or can I go straight into Shadowkeep after completing Forsaken?
I've been debating on either waiting or starting up now.

>He doesn't have Recluse/MT combo for Crucible
What's your excuse?

People who shit on destiny the hardest are the ones who liked it the most. Just have fun while you can.

Too busy styling on kids with the Sweet Business

post guardians

Attached: shitfashion.jpg (3400x1830, 3.91M)

Comp is a dumpster fire. There was an user in the general who went from almost fabled all the way to zero.

>game is really only 30 gigs
>the othe 135 gigs is a 20 hour long flac file of a guy just saying uhhhh

>Sweet business

based

Attached: Damn son (1).webm (1280x720, 2.06M)

No fucking way.

>Everyone bitches about how small the Switch's cartridges are but no game and I do mean no game should ever be more than 32 gbs anyway. Anything more than that betrays a lack of interest in the customer's welfare
Any console that's released with the Switch's specs betrays a lack of interest in the customer's welfare.

What were you hoping to accomplish with this post

Quickly, prove to me you have a brain and aren't a bot that someone bought a pass for

>general

they're shitters who constantly complain about PvP.

Fuck the general. Even their clans are dead.

Attached: Joff.webm (924x520, 2.77M)

No need to be so defensive user.

Only marketers are

>play a Titan.

>Rev up before seeing someone so that the gun is at full when you start fighting
>Shadow step to go invisible and have it reload your gun
>Tether for MAXIMUM EFFECTIVENESS
God, I love this gun.

Attached: Destiny 2.webm (720x480, 1.49M)

3D models alone don't take up that much space.

Move to Europe and enjoy limitless internet.

>t.

Attached: 1535803411251.png (1179x768, 988K)

Anyways, the game industry is a hellhole of purest absolute trash and it will keep being like this for a long time.

>muh uncompress audio
principaly that

I have no datacaps but just out of sheer principle I will never touch this garbage trash product

>being a nuisance to buying customer to get to pirates

>Guaranteed internet access
internet isn't a human right, are you high

theres a shitton of players

>having capped data in 2004+15
The absolute state of burgers

Is the game any better now that Activation got out of it?

Attached: 1563891574764.jpg (1280x853, 126K)

Stop wasting money on stupid games and pay for a better internet service silly. I have 120mbps unlimited for 45 bucks

While that is a plausible explanation I kinda doubt it. Sound quality has not really changed in any meaningful way since the PS1 era(as in you can actually hear the difference without a 5k$ setup).

I find it more likely that uncompressed cinematics are to blame. This was already a problem with Wolfenstein where over half the file size was just those uncompressed cinematics. Then again it would not shock me if they intentionally added some filler files just to keep people from playing other stuff. Wouldn't be the first time they have done such a thing. Remember COD: GHOST

>2019
>not owning 2TB hard drives

I think I had a 500GB HDD back in 2011.

no its audio
its not plausible, its a fact , it was admit by lots of developpers

Fuck yes, They're adding a ton of crap to it now. Events every week, every season is different, free dlc, revamped armor, and this is all within the first few months of the split.

Fair enough. I still suspect that they could have added filler files. They had no problem giving COD: Ghost a RAM limit, where you could not play it unless you had 6GB of RAM(to make it seem more high end).

The removed that only once the pirates called them out on their BS, so adding a few filler files is not exactly out of their league.

>Consolefags have to play games on an external hard drive.
No wonder you guys have five minute loading times.

the number of audio files have skyrocketed since last gen, and it takes a shitton of time ( money) to compress them adequatly, plus now that all game install and can be downloaded on harddrive they dont even care anymore ( RIP DVD) they use it raw to save costs.

Cries in SSD.

Attached: 94931.jpg (600x450, 86K)

Learn to fucking compress you DUMB devshits, i'm not deleting my other games just to fit yours

Attached: 1475567890.png (256x256, 78K)

>have Ultimate Doom 1, Doom 2, Hexen, Heretic and dozens of god tier megawads
>less than 1 gb
defend this

How much better has it gotten? Vowed to never touch this once I learned they just repeated the same mistakes they made in D1
that and the microtransactions, fuck the one time use shaders.

It deters me from putting any money at all in this industry in the first place

I will never forgive Bungo for making one of THE best looking Warlock sets in either game locked behind seasonal microtransactions.

Attached: uxp6w6ui7uo21.jpg (1968x810, 116K)

>Game companies know that the heart of any gamer is their harddrive space. The more they take up, the less other games have a chance to be on your harddrive, thus the big sizes so there will be less of a chance of other big games being on your computer.

I don't doubt that casuals thinks this way, but I don't think anyone with good enough taste in vidya would waste that much space on a single fucking game.

Whaaaa what set is that? That is fucking awesome.

Savage burn.
I miss Dinklebot

Attached: 1422513698036.jpg (630x630, 66K)

Season 6 eververse set. Makes you become Indiana Jones. IIRC the Hunter gets a whip too.

Cormorant Blade is pure sex but at least you have the Prodigal robe as a duster replacement.

>Titan
Those are Y1 armors, aren't they? As a Forsakebabby, I'm jelly.

Attached: 1443546128291.jpg (1000x562, 408K)

thanks for the laugh user

>Game size has quadrupled the past 10 years while hard drive space has only doubled.

Attached: 7PuFP0i.jpg (1500x958, 91K)

In America you're likely stuck with one (1) ISP unlike elsewhere.

I've heard this before, and as much as I want to see vidya corporations as being idiots who don't know their own market, I just can't possibly believe they would be this fucking stupid.
Because it makes me less likely to put THEIR game on my harddrive either.

Im torn between this set and Prodigal. Both are really nice and capture the essence of the concept art of warlocks being these soldier-scholars.
Dusters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robes

>all these people that took the bait
And this is why zoomers should burn

>165 gigs for shadowkeep
>and still we will get nothing new
can't wait

Whatever happened with Icebreaker being being datamined back in like January? Did they decide against putting it in the game?

Nah, I stopped playing it because of a combination of factors, but mostly because you were basically forced to play the shitty PVP modes at gunpoint if you wanted to progress.

>People think PS5 will have a 256gb or 512gb ssd

Attached: laughingchinesegirls1425684171968.webm (1280x720, 2.81M)

Why have devs and programmers forgotten optimization and compression? Like I get that hardware is insanely better than it used to be but that doesn't mean shit if your program runs like ass and takes up an absurd amount of space.

Attached: aiportraits_1563552275.jpg (512x512, 24K)

If you compress a game's assets, you have to DEcompress them when they are going to be used. Which means longer load times, which you will also complain about.

modern developers are all lazy pieces of shit from california who both hate working and hate white people or people from india who can't code for shit

>modern developers are all lazy pieces of shit from california who both hate working

venturebeat.com/2017/02/28/76-of-game-developers-work-crunch-time-without-paid-overtime/

if it has 20gb to 30gb it better be good and for more than 50gb it better be a fucking masterpiece. wouldn't download destiny junk even if it were 100mb.

>burgers have a data cap
lole

Attached: 1557137732784.gif (527x439, 288K)

Why do you play shitty loot fps, Yea Forums?

you post this, yet everyone has seen the inside of offices at activision, blizzard, bioware and all the rest
the average dev day is
>2 hours of actual work
>2 hours of videogames
>lunch and then turn in for the day

''''''''crunch''''''''' time to an american dev is actually having to do a full day of work since they squandered their time for a year and a half and now finally have to meet the deadline after procrastinating.

Don't SSDs and modern CPUs make this process kind of void?

Textures can be surprisingly small sometimes. Cutscenes, it depends.

Blame all those audio(phile) engineers that tremble at the thought of compressing their files just a tiny bit because autism.

full specs please retard

>Taking up almost 1/3 of the average console harddrive space
>console
Here. This is your problem user.

the people who play these types of games are the same ones who play trash like MMOs and MOBAs for some reason
they just have awful taste

Didn't you see the Season of Opulence? Destiny 2 is only for thicc gold niggas with 50tb hard drives. If you aint opulent as a motha fucka then Destiny 2 aint fo you

>believing this horse shit made up by Yea Forums

Got to max level on Hunter and Warlock, both above 700 light level, can't be asseed to bother going on beyond that. I am, however, interested in trying to get as many collectables as possible, but even that died down a bit, as they keep talking about Destiny 3. I'll play Shadowkeep though, will be a nice break from Shadowbringers after i level everything to 80.

>Move to Europe and enjoy limitless niggers
I'm here and I want out

Agreec

>implying anyone plays Destiny 2
Lmao get a life, nerd.

Posting

Attached: IMG_20190622_194948_67290337305357.jpg (1804x800, 707K)

Here's what my stuff looked like a year ago, when I last touched the game.
I miss D1 gear

Attached: d212.jpg (1893x991, 942K)

> average console harddrive
> console
well there's your problem.

Titan gear looked so much better in D1

Attached: Destiny_20161010034129.jpg (1920x1080, 473K)

why exactly did gear get so substantially worse in d2? Did the fucking artists leave too?

Not the artists fault, their work is amazing. It's the people that instruct them that are the problem.

Attached: smal.jpg (3840x2160, 1.6M)

>living in a capital city

That's a bummer :(
I have 1 Gbps up and down with no limit for about $14 a month.

OP is a dumb nigger. This is the size for the PSN install which is always bigger because of how PSN handles its data.

Final fantasy is 225 gbs

I had it from Warmind to when Black Armory came out and it took me that long to realize that it will never be worth as much money as Bungie charges for it.

Is D2 worth getting into at this point?

It's free, sure

It's lots of fun if you can get a consistent fireteam of friends.

Code of the middle is the only Fun Titan Class
Hunters are for people with no skill
Warlocks have the worst Armour Exotics Compared to the other 2 with the exceptions being Luna FB, Geo Mags, Crown Of Tempests, Transverse Steps, and Ophiandans
All shotguns need a Range nerf and increase the Damage Falloff
Nerf all the Crucible Pinnacle weapons excluding Revoker, and maybe the Hand Cannons
Buff all the Smgs again except Recluse

D1 was much better at so many things

Attached: 1510724870317.webm (604x720, 2.37M)

I fucking hate pvp, why is this game forcing me to do it?

no, I hate mobas and mmos. well, maybe just the gameplay of mmos, destiny is the lightest flavor of mmo possible. I just really enjoy the shooting and weapon variety of destiny enough to push me through the shit. I'm a special breed of retard tho, because destiny is the only looter I can enjoy. I hate borderlands and other looters but I've got over 2k hours in D1 and d2 combined

15-30GB is the max for me. Just can't bother with uncompressed shit and lazy developers

Attached: LIVING ON THE EDGE.png (266x63, 2K)

Because Bungie has shit ways doing things
Especially after the Thunderlord quest plus PvP is infested with tryhards

i remember liking this game at first too

Attached: you'reold.png (877x712, 847K)

All it does is deter sales.

Attached: hunter.jpg (1920x1080, 1.12M)

Why is there still no theatre mode?

To make you buy drives you faggots.
You think there is now relation between vidya games and hardware ?
It wasn't by magic that alpha crysis 3 asked for directx11 gpu on my old pc while crysis 2 worked perfectly. The alpha was just a basic clone of the 2 and yet it asked for newer shit...

Honestly, for all the stupid shit bungie has done, their gunplay is second to none.

Is this the regular size or the PS4 size? Right now D2 is 87GB but for PS4 it requires 144GB of storage space every time it updates due to how the PS4 downloads data.
If it is anything to go by, D2 went from 68GB on PC launch to 87GB today. So I doubt the size is going to double just for an expansion that is smaller than this past year's expansion which was 2 new areas.

Not if you're me

Attached: aim.webm (800x450, 1.52M)

It's really something living in your head rent free. Did your family get drone strike'd or something?

Thats retarded because my net speed is 400mbs

Design choices and how stupid the engine works. All armor/weapons are built like lego sets off of a base model. It's why a lot of things look similar. If you watch the design choices for the scourge raid they go into more detail that there isn't time to design, test for model issues, and fix those issues so they just work with the base stuff which is 100% known to work. It's also why most end game bosses are just enlarged enemies and even the raid team was surprised that for a smaller raid they got permission to design a new enemy all together and not *insert_enlarged_enemy*

some people, man

Attached: destiny.jpg (935x159, 26K)

everyone else is wrong, yes in fact the original artist who designed the destiny 1 armor left
now we have the b team

>doesn't have a tb drive
>probably full of shitty anime games you don't play

I can smell your neck beard from here, you pc mustard rice nigger

>letting anime games live in your head rent free
kek, keep seething little nigger mutt

I probably play more of them than you, doesn't change anything I said

yeah, cause you're faggot weeb lmao

>Destiny 2 Shadowkeep needs 165GB

Why are devs too lazy to compress games?

Attached: God Damnit Barbed-Wire.jpg (452x308, 49K)

No anime games

Attached: destiny hunter.png (532x604, 724K)

>What went wrong bros? Is this the future?

Who knew that selling off the American IT sector to street shitters will have negative effects?

Attached: top_10_indian_ceos_who_are_ruling_the_world-min.jpg (915x815, 98K)

Fuck wrong one

Attached: Destiny 2 hunter.png (474x627, 566K)

what's the point of increasing storage space if all developers just get worse about optimizing their storage at an equivalent rate

>herp derp how do I compress sound and textures!?

t. every fucking modern dev under the sun

Attached: guardians.jpg (3174x1251, 799K)

>You realize there are external SSDs now right?
fuck yeah, I can't wait to throw 100$ in a tool that's supposed to be SSD and will be locked up on my highest USB port forever
feels so good

>cut ties with actvision
>still charging you extra for old DLC even if you buy the new one
>new DLC has a season pass

what will pirates do when games reach 1 TB?

Attached: 1514413801631.png (665x990, 615K)

From the developer's perspective, 500GB HDD means "as long as our game takes up less than 500GB of space we can ship." This is why I will lament the loss of physical media. Take away the constraint of disc space and developers fuck everyone in the ass.

this is proven bullshit. People would spot shit like that a mile off if it really happened.

What's really happening is a huge increase in texture sizes and still no real way of dealing with texture compression. The latest 'high tech' standard is ASTC, but texture compression algorithms don't give great ratios (ASTC with a 4x4 block size gives 8bpp- 242KB for a 1024x1024 image) due to the quality constraints. 1024x1024 was considered 'absolute quality' back in the Crysis days but now 4k textures are the next big thing- 16 times as large. Eventually those thousands of (upto) 3MB textures are gonna add up. Then there's the 'non-standard' textures such as those requiring uncorrelated channels to ensure equal quality among them, but that's something you need to specify... and it's always easier to just leave it in some badly compressed form if you can get the image quality good enough to make the shaders not chimp out, file size is a second thought. Keep in mind this is the LATEST standard, a magnitude more robust than BC1-7 or ETC... desktop support still isn't great btw.

also many cases of fitgirl fixing up the video compression used in games she repacks since they're simply broken.

Attached: my_girlfriend.jpg (1011x809, 42K)

by that time we'll be using cloud piracy

Remove that weak shit from my presence.

Attached: e48c992fa6073562ece7a8f6672ea191[1].png (961x177, 41K)

how can you guys even stand playing D2?

I have friends to play with.

repack them down to 125 GB and play.

NAS/Raid

Is 165 just the expansion or the whole thing D2?

>bought a 500gb M.2 SSD for Windows 10 and Destiny 2
Feels good

Attached: Obv4p.jpg (375x375, 38K)

>165GB
good god, I thought Doom 2016 was bad with compression.

Attached: 1446973228695.gif (275x206, 808K)

The size being reported is the size off the PSN store, which allocates about 50% more space than the actual size of the file because of the way the Ps4 unpacks and rewrites data.

I have multiple 2TD hard drives and I still wouldn't install a 165GB game.

What area is this?

>he didn't masterwork the armor
laughingthrall.jpg

If a game is big it's most likely shit
I don't know of a single 30GB+ game that isn't cinematic AAA garbage with microtransactions
why can't more games be like Sekiro which is just 10GB

Attached: 1564117697215.jpg (311x253, 16K)

>a fucking USB connected console SSD
>anywhere even close to a modern m.2 desktop SSD

Attached: 1543164888865.jpg (763x757, 59K)

This is Misinformation

Its nots 165GB for JUST Shadowkeep....Its everything, and Bungie has finally untethered each DLC from each other.

Base Game + Curse of Osiris + Warmind is soon to be Free to Play
Forsaken will be seperate
All 3 Season Pass DLC (Black Armory, Drifter, and Opulence) will all soon be available individually
Shadowkeerp will be seperate

And now you'll only need JUST the Base Game to play any of the separate expansions (You no longer need Forsaken to play Season DLC or Shadowkeep).

Also the problem is that MOST of the information for everything HAS to be on the server for other players who have been there since Day 1 of Destiny 2.

So its 165GB of content from 2 years worth of added content from the Base Game (5 more Planets, almost 2000 more guns/armor/ships/sparrows/ghosts/etc, new multiplayer maps, new game modes (Gambit, Gambit Prime, Reckoning, Forges, Menagerie), New Vendors, New Raids (5 to be clear)

>I don't know of a single 30GB+ game that isn't cinematic AAA garbage

Yakuza series(including Judgment and Fist of the North Star Lost Paradise
Valkyria Chronicles 4
Resident Evil series(RE7, Rev 2, and I think RE2 remake are 30+GB)
Devil May Cry 5
Dragon Quest 11
Nier Automata
.hack//GU Last Recode
Doom 2016

Those games are 30+GB and they are good.

You DO have your Not Forgotten, right Yea Forums?
You're not a complete shitter, right?

Attached: xcvbdfg.png (1911x1030, 1.48M)

Why is it they’re getting worse and worse at compressing shit? Also this is going to be awful with next gen console SSDs.

Can't wait for the inevitable 1TB game to come out when 4-6TB drives become more common because it's now "acceptible" to use that much space.

And that 1kb rom of super mario bros will still be more fun, even though it's literally one-billionth the size.

It's worthless ever since the precision nerf. It use to be a boss killing machine if you had a warlock or titan

>Get rid of physical media.
>Game companies no longer have to focus on compression and optimization.
>Pass the fun onto (you).

30GB+ is fine. The problem is 90GB+ with shit like Shadow of War which is mostly a bunch of generic repetitive activities all the time

Nope, the art director of D1 is the art director for 2. You're a retard.

Nobody is. Only the TV and GPU markets trying to hype the next big thing on retards.

Attached: 1565565302842.jpg (680x453, 44K)

>165GB because of a PS4 listing
>BO4 is 150GB flatout
>Giving a shit about an extra 15GB on a game that's not even relevant anymore

All they're doing is further killing the game. Anyone who wasn't interested in this now/anymore definitely isn't going to come back and redownload 150+ gigs

I did until this latest event. The grind for that armor broke me.

You either have high resolution textures or a 40gb game, fuck off now.

This kid never waited an hour on dial up for a video that plays 10 seconds that is half the size of a 5 inch phone on your CRT monitor.

Well, they should. Especially with live services garbage. They can’t expect you to keep their shit installed if it takes half your SSD storage on the average next gen console.

Still works great in pvp

I do it’s called the Kindled Orkid/Waking Vigil

RE2 is just 23GB
DMC5 is probably even smaller

You can get a 4TB hard drive on sale for like 60 dollars on Black Friday, and a decent 1TB SSD goes for a little over a hundred bucks, with storage becoming even cheaper as time goes on. I remember spending hundreds on a 150GB drive in 2005.
>But consoles have 500GB and you only get like three games at current rates!
Yeah and consoles are a fucking retarded purchase.

Attached: 46153864_2228957030469199_8176475485031628800_n.jpg (243x250, 12K)

Nothing wrong with being on welfare.

>uncompressed audio
>uncompressed audio for foreign languages
>cutscenes that are just movies instead of rendered in engine

>Release a gated weapon that can kill people in half a second.
>Ruins PVP balance for months.
And this is only a quarter of the reason Crucible is fucking terrible.

>DMC5 is probably even smaller

PS4 version is 33+GB.

>orkid
You mean orchid?

>Welfare
Naw god Rolls will say otherwise

>cutscenes are movies that were rendered in-engine and saved as videos

Attached: 557.jpg (680x793, 41K)

time spent compressing and optimizing is money wasted
especially in the era where everyone has 1TB hard drives

As compared to what, a PC? Nobody plays games on PC. Nobody worthwhile develops for PC. It's a portmachine.

>I just can't possibly believe they would be this fucking stupid
user...

Attached: someone was paid to make this.png (800x539, 401K)

Cope
Yet it never entered the top 10 on the pvp meta list.

Wasn't this the game that bricked your console?

what the fuck. I could make a better presentation than this with gimp in 5 minutes.

Attached: now wait one damn second.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

>Hundreds of thousands of dollars were spent for this presentation
Reminds me during the 2016 democratic campaign where some corporation spent millions just to hear a short, generic speech from Hillary. It sucks knowing that brains don't matter in society, only money does.

Much like Wow or FF14. Downloading it mean getting everything since year 1. Its a game expansion, its not just a single game.

In Fighters, you download the everything even if you didnt buy the dlc fighters.

It didn't need to be in the meta because there's no Trials. That didn't make it any less an abused weapon everyone wanted.

And like I said, PVP balance is only a fraction of what's wrong with crucible.

>Yet it never entered the top 10 on the pvp meta list.
I doubt that its Luna but better even then Spare Rations beats it

shooting feels good

What's wrong with it? While I agree, I would never make an assertion so strong without backing it up. Your first sentence makes no sense btw. It ruined pvp balance for months but wasn't being used by enough people to even make it into the top 10 energy weapons?

FF14 is 42GB

It's true. It's still not there now.

>have a game with sniper rifles and scout rifles
>design every map to be close quarters shotgun/hand cannon clusters fucks because riding around on vehicles is unbalanced but spawn camping people with two hit kill weapons is

how the fuck did this get so many replies

>Destiny 2 is going F2P
>Destiny 2 is an online only game

are there any good examples of what audio would sound like compressed vs uncompressed in a game?

And games aren't a tenth as good as they were when games were smaller than the average stupid meme picture you post here.

Then why is the Luna up there then, either it’s due to everyone having it or the fact a small Percentage of people have NF

user, that night just be stupid enough to make perfect sense. AAA game companies are into all kinds of different scandals and I don't doubt that this would be one of them.
I mean, there's already evidence to suggest companies always prey on the whales that play their games using all kinds of different addiction tactics. What better way to keep a whale addicted to your game than being the only game on your hard drive?

First off, I pirate all the time and have pic related speeds.
Secondly, this game is online-only, so that makes no fucking sense.

Attached: 8193694820.png (350x200, 21K)

It's below a fucking sniper, guy. You want to talk cancerous broken weapons, we can talk recluse or ace of spades or blast furnace

I think one of the repackers used to compress audio files for games that doesn't break if you do that. Used to be half the size of legit versions sometimes and sounded exactly the same.

>tfw physical media chad

Game can still be played offline. Everything important is server side, but it works .

>ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE GIGABYTES
It's 2019 grandpa. I just picked up a couple of 12TB Seagate Enterprise class helium drives for $270 each. Hard drive space is dirt fucking cheap and just keeps dropping. If there is one thing that I DON'T want to see developers spending tons of time on, it's fucking HDD space. FFS. Fine, so it'll take 20-40 minutes to download in my semi-rural area of New England. Big fucking deal.

Seriously if anything FUCKING AWESOME GOOD FOR DEVS, space I'm not using is wasted. I want to see devs pushing forward on hardware, to start doing bigger shit with more RAM and more space used. Fuck all of you never wanting to upgrade anything but GPU. Bungie themselves are dead and I don't like destiny, but that's not what OP is complaining about. The principle of the matter is that shit advances eventually. Fags like OP would about OMG AN ENTIRE CD in 1999 too.

Attached: 1353184145419.png (337x352, 149K)

If you don't really own the games you "buy", then you should charge rent for your ssd space

Nah, got sick of Destiny's time-gated progression and overpriced DLC. Destiny 2 also sucked massive balls, so good riddance

>Seriously if anything FUCKING AWESOME GOOD FOR DEVS, space I'm not using is wasted.
God, I hate how many faggots like you live in the same region as me.
Kill yourself.

is there any weapon that looks like one from the current years? like the M4 in the destiny 1 tutorial

Not everyone has $270 dollars to drop at any given moment they desire, you fucking twat.

Most Drifter stuff.

Hanlon's razor. It's probably just that they're too stupid to compress.

destiny doesn't have enough content to justify that
still, according to the steam page it should only be 105GB when installed

>Being fucking poor

I mean sure, it keeps the pirate pajeets away from their game. But Destiny game was fucking shit. Better graphics won't improve replayability.

Fucking shills

>God, I hate how many faggots like you live in the same region as me.
You can keep emulating or playing old stuff forever then faggot. The rest of us will embrace progress like we always have. Cartridges & floppies had their day, and then were obsolete. CDs had their day, and then were obsolete. Same for DVDs and eventually BDs and whatever else. Once a few megs of memory was a ton. Then 16 MB was a lot. Once it was 64, 256, an entire gig. No, we're not fucking "Done" with hardware development. Upgrade or just make peace with enjoying the enormous, enormous catalog of quality stuff already out. But no reason to hold back the future for the likes of you.

Attached: 1461904906963.png (697x768, 177K)

>I want to see devs pushing forward on hardware, to start doing bigger shit with more RAM and more space used.
What new things have devs done with filesizes increasing by like 600-800% in the past 5 years?
What games this gen are games that flat out wouldn't have been possible last gen with simplified visuals?
Fucking Red Faction Guerrilla is a last gen game and it has more impressive physics than 90% of current gen games.

It was the perfect weapon for low skill kills in a game full of shit maps that force people into mid-to-close range. It was sticky as fuck and made the hitbox for the head huge. I'm not saying it was OP, it was around when shotguns were running amok but it was really the perfect weapon to pair with a shotgun. Between it and the super sliding shotgun fest, it just solidified the sub 1 second kill that made heavy weapons, SMGs, snipers, fusion rifles and scout rifles obsolete at the time.

Yes, I'm aware there are exception weapons but I'm talking about in general. For a good 10 months (on console) you couldn't enter a game without more than half the players using luna or not forgotten.

On PC, Ace of Spades was more popular than Luna/NF. (also lol nerfed)

Is this the entire game, or just the expansion?

You'd have a point if filesize increases came with an increase in game complexity.
But they don't.
They never have.
And they never will.

Attached: 1339569361976.jpg (345x194, 19K)

Ark is almost up to 190gb

Attached: 1540266558306.gif (400x225, 1.42M)

Nigga it's going to be F2P aside from the newest expansion

>Not everyone has $270 dollars to drop at any given moment they desire, you fucking twat.
Then you don't need to spend $50-60 on brand new cutting edge vidya either you entitled bitch now do you?

Seriously: there is NOTHING wrong with having a nice toaster that works great and just playing the shit out of your backlog, and exclusively getting stuff at 70-90% off after a few years when it's all patched up and in the best condition. You don't need a great system or lots of anything to have so much great fucking vidya. But that doesn't mean you should be catered to for brand new stuff forever. Rather, in 5 years you'll be able to get it for a song and it'll still be new to you.

There were a couple of companies back in the day that made this claim, but it was usually bluster to try to make up for shitty marketing or shitty compression.

>They never have.
>And they never will.
Yeah sure thing user, game complexity is identical now to what it was in 1989 the file sizes are just bigger because devs are lazy about compression that's the ticket.

Attached: 1356628694466.jpg (192x171, 26K)

>Ace
Ace is not Broken if anything Above average and the bloom on it kills it the most and the recoil. Memento Morrei doesn’t even stay indefinitely anymore
>BF
Majority of pulses are basically on the same boat of being broken
>Recluse
I admit it’s basically a crutch at this point

>game complexity is identical now to what it was in 1989
Ironically a lot of games are.
Destiny 2 doesn't do anything drastically different from something like Heretic from 1994 aside from having a vehicle and the internet.

see

Wow. I don’t think is actually true, but if it was revealed to be actually true I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest.

If this game was released 8 years ago it'd be 25gb max and look virtually identical. Whatever, I'm deleting this shit as soon as I finish the campaign.

Attached: 2112.png (1557x357, 340K)

Most cracks repack anyway.

Or maybe games should stop being so fucking overpriced when AAA companies are rolling in literal billions all the time and actually put that money to a fun and enjoyable game instead of micro transactions, loot boxes, and phishing scams like the greedy fucks they are. People want to play games they feel are worth their time, and if that game alone is taking up practically all the space you have, then that's just anti-consumerism, and being the consumer that decides where your money goes, you SHOULD get to be an entitled little bitch, otherwise you're just letting companies walk all over you without recourse for their shitty practices.

Yeah, got the solstice armor on all 3 classes. Just need the strikes and 200k for the master work.

Consoles don't have modern cpus.

>not everyone has X amount of money
>that means they also don't have X/5 amount of money!
By extension, it can be shown that if you can't afford a $270 hard drive, you can't afford anything that costs more than $0.

No user, it's more
>whine about squeezing out dollars in a small item (hardware)
>but don't care about squeezing out dollars in the item that adds up to far more (software)
Being on the bleeding edge carries a premium for everything. Games are massively more expensive. High end GPUs and CPUs cost way more too. The fact is that if you care about bang for buck, you should be trailing by at least a few years.

If you don't care about bang for buck in vidya though why are you whining about a few games worth of hardware (the $270 was 12TB on sale, a "mere" 4TB, still storing 32x games of this size, is well under $100, new)? Or just make a compromise and delete it once your done or move it to cold storage archive for a year or two. But games can and should eventually continue to grow tracking the fall in storage pricing.

see

this game is hot garbage, who the fuck still plays it?

Attached: 67f6aa126ac4f1fb9675fbd8b12767f5[1].png (908x491, 526K)

That's just how companies give more money than they're allowed by law to a politician.

github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/blob/master/README.md

Most of that is bogus shit. It CAN be condensed further without impacting perf.

github.com/ImminentFate/CompactGUI/wiki/Compression-Results:-Games-p3

Pirates are smart as fuck when it comes to reverse engineering game executables. They're also the most likely to dig through the files, find out all the bullshit you DON'T NEED, axe it, and then condense the release.

Unironically, pirates are the LEAST likely to be deterred and paying customers are MOST likely to be deterred.

>muhh graphics
>muhh audio quality
out of titanfall 50gb, 36gb were only audio files
out of nier automata 50, 26 are cutscenes

Bungie is incompetent, these are the retards that have an engine that takes literal days to edit weapon spawns on maps.

Overworld maps only, and that's because it's one giant map rather than different loading zones.

you are retarded, the kind of retarded that can't even understand order of numbers

You don't have to suck bungies dick friend, everyone that mattered left or was fired years ago.

I'm giving you a reason friendo, one from the same source as your claim. Take it or leave it.

just bought my new game cartridge bruh

Attached: sandisk_micro_sdxc_cards_678_678x452.jpg (678x450, 87K)

I refuse to believe their audio files are at 96khz

I wan to like it, but the gameplay is real dull to me.

If you combined the content and setting of Destiny with the combat of Anthem, I'd be very happy.

Bruh you get 20 email accounts though, that's serious shit

>muh competition is good for the consumer meme

Attached: 1287310743832.jpg (628x617, 142K)

Absolutely this. I don't have the tolerance for passive waste.

>and a decent 1TB SSD goes for a little over a hundred bucks
if by "decent" you mean one that is barely faster than a HDD yeah

>Yeah sure thing user, game complexity is identical now to what it was in 1989
yeah, no. game complexity is actually worse than it was in 1989, glad we agree on that

when steamspy was still working TF2 had 20m unique players a month and it's fucking TF2. it's fucking old as shit. 1 million unique players daily is fucking bad.

>Implying I'm gonna install this garbage when GOTYlands 3 is around the corner
lmao

Attached: 3cc9be415855ae2332e8469dd8a04039-d5s9a1e.jpg (924x1280, 1.1M)

At the time I kind of god sick of it, but man I fucking miss the Hive setting of Destiny 1s taken king expansion. It's so good compared to what Destiny 2 has which is gaudy as fuck or just bland. Cabal and the Awoken are aesthetically just poorly designed.

That being said, how in the fuck is Destiny 2 going to take up 160+ GB of space? The game is tiny as fuck with barely any content. Unless this new expansion triples the size of the game, I don't see how it can warrant this kind of disk space usage.

>>But consoles have 500GB and you only get like three games at current rates!
>Yeah and consoles are a fucking retarded purchase.
More to the point, PS4 at least USES STANDARD FUCKING 2.5" SATA HOLY SHIT. You can swap in any fucking boring old notebook drive you want. It's easy and supported. This isn't a big deal though it's a 100% valid complaint that Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo should support using a NAS, but still internal swap is there.

Attached: 1314555.png (500x538, 9K)

It still amazes me that some of the best games of all time can fit on a single dvd. Fuck video games at this point.

>if by "decent" you mean one that is barely faster than a HDD yeah
Any SSD made now is a lot faster then an HDD. Not that it matters anyway, because games are just loading into RAM and devs don't depend on SSD rates at all. A regular HDD can trivially hit over 150 MB/s (high end ones do 200+) for sequential read, which is all vidya needs. For general usage random IO is a nightmare on rust so swap sucks, but that's not a vidya issue.

You're almost finished your gametime...

2 weeks was all I needed to find out it was going to get boring fast.

>It still amazes me that some of the best games of all time can fit on a single dvd
then you can keep playing them.

>because games are just loading into RAM and devs don't depend on SSD rates at all.
don't tell me you believe this

>>yeah, no. game complexity is actually worse than it was in 1989, glad we agree on that
>he actually thinks nes games were complex

Attached: 2d only.jpg (530x214, 13K)

Casuals are the biggest audience/matter the most

see

Hi Randy.

None of those games do anything new that we haven't already seen in games 1/3 their filesize.
In fact, every single game on that list is either a sequel or a remake.
Congrats, you've basically inadvertently admitted that these large filesizes add nothing but better graphics.

Don't tell me you don't. If the dev is incompetent, at worst you have mildly longer loading times. But games don't depend on HDD random i/o, nor even hundreds sustained. Consoles obviously make that impossible for anything there, but even though on the PC in principle a developer could build something that required some PCIe NVMe drive literally nobody does.

Actually every single one of those games does something new that hasn't been seen in games 1/3 their file size. Nice try though.
>OLD GOOD
>NEW BAD!!!
yeah yeah

> 165 is 1/3rd

I want to see an AAA-funded developer go crazy on a game with simple graphics
stop pouring the money into assets, use it to pay for more software devs

>he thinks games with 100+ GB in assets just load everything into RAM and don't use the HDD at all (???)
you're retarded

>and will be locked up on my highest USB port forever
bro. You're not wrong about the usb speeds being shit but you can just open up the external and take out the SSD and use it as a normal one. s

>Actually every single one of those games does something new that hasn't been seen in games 1/3 their file size.
Such as?
You can shitpost with memes, but it's painfully obvious that you're out of your depth.
Again, nothing in those games is drastically different from games from 10 or even 15 years ago.
And no, some tiny insignificant change like adding glory kills to Doom 2016 doesn't explain or justify the 600% filesize increase.
Just admit that you're an idiot user, we all know that the only reason filesizes are getting bigger is graphics and uncompressed audio, or at least anyone who's not a tech illiterate consolenigger.

Fuck you Randy I'm not supporting your scandalous company practices by giving you more money to do it with

>he thinks a game has to load every single thing into memory at once rather then what's needed and then streaming at sequential read speed as the player moves around or enters new areas/levels
>skipped right over "sequential read" stuff in fact because he doesn't even know what that is
>feels qualified to talk about vidya tech

Attached: 13511111.png (512x512, 80K)

>he thinks games with 100+ GB in assets just load everything into RAM and don't use the HDD at all (???)
you're retarded.

Why not just make MULTI LANGUAGE 4K HDR TRUE HI-FI DOLBY ATMOS optional free DLC? Skyrim kind of did it and it even inspired people to do a better job with all those texture mods, literally everyone that is the target audience of this game wins. Oh wait manufacturers don't.

>You can shitpost with memes, but it's painfully obvious that you're out of your depth.
Right back at you faggot. I've literally seen your kind every few years for 30 years now. Always mad about new stuff coming along and using more hardware and old shit becoming obsolete. You were mad about cartridges vs CDs too, and used literally identical arguments. You can keep spinning your wheels forever, I doubt you'll ever change but it doesn't matter anyway because your worthless opinions are irrelevant to the market. In fact you're self defeating even
>hey devs make sure to cater to me because I'm a crotchety old autist who bitches about everything and shits on vidya and doesn't actually want to spend any money
yeah that'll bring 'em running hahahahahahahhahaha

>he thinks a game has to load every single thing into memory at once rather then what's needed and then streaming at sequential read speed as the player moves around or enters new areas/levels
>skipped right over "sequential read" stuff in fact because he doesn't even know what that is
>feels qualified to talk about vidya tech

Attached: 1324540020515.jpg (383x377, 23K)

you're retarded!

>I've literally seen your kind every few years for 30 years now.
Dude, I literally posted my internet speeds ITT and I can guarantee that they're just as fast if not faster than yours, that's not the point, the point is that these new games do nothing to justify the filesize increase.
Good job avoiding the question though, I'm ashamed to know that you're a New Englander, you must be some New York implant living in some shithole in CT or RI, only way you could be this much of a dumb cunt.

So, what's new for this destiny 2 expansion, aside from it moving to steam? Is there anything I can do to catch up?

A few expansions ago they added a series of bounties that put you 10 light below the previous cap as a means for returning players to catch up.

No, I'm just old enough to have gotten through the cynical edgy phase of life where "it all used to be better" and you end up only looking for flaws in everything. I don't see how you're any different from that other user who directly claimed that games were more complex in 1989. If someone wanted to say that certain genres had stagnated for over a decade now yeah that'd be justified, I don't think any RTS has pushed the technical envelope like SupCom did ever since for example. But that thing was the awful 8GB (bigger then a CD! Even a gen 1 DVD!!!!) that people were whining about right then too. It would not have worked at 750 MB. Let alone a 64MB cart. And it'd be easy to make a modern one a lot bigger with zero extra FMV shit just from more, more detailed worlds/models (and the physics to go with that), better underwater or subsurface stuff or whatever.

If you're arguing that some games make bad use of more resources and just bloat, well yeah sure? But that's a different argument then "the entire history of vidya is done everything new sucks nothing new is ever made anymore bigger worlds makes no difference" etc etc etc.

Same as they sound on your computer.

>Also the problem is that MOST of the information for everything HAS to be on the server for other players who have been there since Day 1 of Destiny 2.

how is that a problem

>If you're arguing that some games make bad use of more resources and just bloat, well yeah sure?
Nigger, that's literally what I've argued this entire time.
The entire fucking argument is that all of these giant games are just fucking bloated, are you a fucking mongoloid or something?
Do you have Alzheimer's? How fucking old are you?

this . Audio is a solved problem, transparency is achieved for nearly anything at 256 kbps or less with something like AAC, or anything at all lossless with FLAC at something like 1-3 Mbps. There is nowhere else to go there, it's done. These days audio is a trivial part of a game size and it's all transparent.

>UM AKSHUALLY SSDS DON'T DO ANYTHING FOR GAMES AND ANY DIFFERENCE IS JUST PLACEBO OR BAD OPTIMUHZASHUN!!!!!
why does Yea Forums insist on being retarded

>I don't think any RTS has pushed the technical envelope like SupCom did ever since for example. But that thing was the awful 8GB (bigger then a CD! Even a gen 1 DVD!!!!) that people were whining about right then too.
And ironically no RTS has pushed the envelope like SupCom did since.
The one that comes closest is Ashes of the Benchmark, and even then it's only ~30 GB, and it still doesn't really compete with SupCom.

>>If you're arguing that SOME games make bad use of more resources and just bloat, well yeah sure?
>Nigger, that's literally what I've argued this entire time.
Then I don't know why you took issue with me because I argued against OP, and that isn't what OP argued at all.

Oh, you're about to then contradict yourself huh?
>The entire fucking argument is that ALL of these giant games are just fucking bloated
Yep, you went from saying you were arguing "some" and immediately went right back to "all".
>are you a fucking mongoloid or something?
No but you clearly are, classic projection. Because now you've gone right back to arguing that every game ever doesn't make any "worthy" (for your edgy shit standards) use of more space then, what, what's your magical line of how much is "ok"? Floppy disk? 100 megs? 750MB? 5 gigs? 10? 20? Come on, share your objective line so I can have a last laugh.

>And ironically no RTS has pushed the envelope like SupCom did since.
I don't see what's "ironic" about it, more just sad. SupCom died when GPG went full retard and literally did "WE WANT THE STARCRAFT 2 AUDIENCE" rather then just trying to grow their million or so audience organically and working with that. So much great stuff died from like 2009ish onward because suddenly all the suits just had to pursue 10 million+ sale mega giga hits rather then perfectly respectable 100k-2m middle titles where so much life was before. God damned shame and such a waste.

>Yep, you went from saying you were arguing "some" and immediately went right back to "all".
Show me a single 70+ GB game that justifies it's bloat please.
Even Black Desert, a game with a giant completely seamless open world with only a single loading screen, is only 30 GB.
Still waiting for a single game that justifies that bloat, you have of yet to provide ONE.

The only reason they could do that is because they'd load things off the disk if you didn't install them. Doing something like that today would require an always on connection. Imagine having to download the BGM every time you play it.

>HEY user THIS NEW AAA GAME IS AMAZING AND YOU HAVE TO BUY IT
>Maybe... how big is the game?
>165GB
>I see... No
The biggest game on my hard drive is SAO Hollow Realization. At least I'm pretty sure DMC5 is smaller... Otherwise every other game I have is anywhere from 10-25GB
I'm not deleting like 10 games for something that I'm pretty sure pressures you to use online.

sure user

>If something isn't the best it is bad

>downloading BF3 premium years ago when I maxed at 600 kbs
>downloading the fucking updates

Attached: Fuck.jpg (400x719, 50K)

Get used to it. We're already hitting 100gb games like RDR2. We're heading into the 4K era and you'll have loads of games with uncompressed assets and shit.

Microsoft added this thing for xbox one x owners where it only downloads specific audio files based on your language settings and shit to make the download smaller and thus quicker.

techradar.com/uk/news/xbox-ones-new-download-delivery-method-will-save-time-and-hard-drive-space

>Show me a single 70+ GB game that justifies it's bloat please.
Wait, so now 70 is your line? Earlier you were complaining about that other user's list (and probably would about stuff like GoW or Ace Combat 7 or whatever too at 45 gigs), are you now admitting that 30-50 no longer counts as "too big" for you because there are too many good games there to deny? Which makes sense as it's become a normal size target everyone is comfortable with.

I haven't given any lists of games myself though because I think it's a retarded tiresome bait-and-switch thing on Yea Forums, 99% of the time I've tried that in the past inevitably it's "no those games are all bad even if high rated by everyone" or "they don't count because [movie/boring/whatever]". I'm pointing out instead the insanity of the core argument you're making, which is that video games are now perfect. That there is no further improvement to be made, ever. That there is no game that would ever benefit from more depth or a bigger world or more detail. Because unless that's your argument, you admit that even if you don't like any current 70+ games, eventually one will come along you do because someone will make good use of the new resources available, just like they always have for the entire history of the industry.

Or alternatively you're just claiming nothing new is good anymore ever. In which case whatever, go stew in your hole forever.

Bungie themselves addressed the ridiculous file size on the e3 stream
They said that they'll begin working 3 shortly after the 2020 season pass ends just because the game is becoming too big

>They said that they'll begin working 3 shortly after the 2020 season pass ends just because the game is becoming too big

I have a better idea

GET A BETTER ENGINE AND USE UNREAL ENGINE

>Some faggot saved my ancient week 1 shitty webm
Feels nice.

Attached: 1556421504151.png (166x166, 14K)

>At least I'm pretty sure DMC5 is smaller...
What? No it's not. It's 35 gigs user. Is this where all the complaints come from in this thread? Seriously think about this, you're mad about huge games and you literally didn't even notice DMC5 sucking up 30+ gigs because it's awesome and that simply isn't much space anymore. Cost per gigabyte is now pennies.

>Earlier you were complaining about that other user's list
No, I said that those games don't do anything different from last gen games, and they don't.
I don't care about the rest of your retarded post, fucking post some games or stop replying to me.

lmao that's not you, prove it.

what a god.

SAO is 43 and like I said after that most of the games I buy are 10-25 gig. I have 2 exceptions and when I get new games the big ones are the first to go.

That's because those features do literally nothing.

>96khz
All this does is allow the highest tone to be 48khz, rather than 22.5khz. Human hearing is 20hz to 20khz. More accurate extreme highs at best for double the filesize.

>8 channels
If you have 8 speakers set up perfectly then it's a possible improvement, otherwise it's going to be flattened down to 2

>24 bit depth
This means that instead of 2^16 different sound levels, there's 2^24 different sound levels. Imagine instead of having 256 different shades of red, we now have 65536 shades of red. Just gives you a better SNR.

The only reason you'd want that level of accuracy is if you're working with sound and don't want to lose too much after you put 50 different effects and synths on it.

>1TB/mo
haha

Attached: lmao.png (210x156, 2K)

garbage for garbage losers.

bye bye.

>Cost per gigabyte is now pennies.
Actually yeah let's go with that. Right now, on Newegg, abundant 4TB drives are available at around $65-70. So about 1.8 cents/GB or less, without any special sales or getting them off ebay or craigslist or something used for a song. At brand new prices, that 125 gigs hundreds of threads have been sperging about represents an entire $2.25 of storage. That can be cleared and used for something else when you're done.

Two dollars and a quarter. THAT is what everyone is going apeshit over. Yeah, a bit of derision is justified.

Attached: 1396401739983.jpg (275x200, 10K)

Best thing about destiny is the raids. I love em

Attached: Destiny 2_20171014154946.webm (600x336, 2.94M)

>sadly in burgerland even the largest providers (comcast, cox) are starting to enforce data caps of 1TB/mo. they will charge extra money if you exceed that cap. i'm in a smaller market in the middle of nowhere with no competition, so the provider has brought the "generous" data cap all the way down to 300gb. it hurts.
Dumbass. The larger ones are WORSE, not better. Data caps are an artificial price grab bit of bullshit. I've got a small local ISP providing gigabit uncapped.

If you do only have Comcast in your area, the thing to do is get a business line from them. It costs somewhat more but it's a total different tier of support and far less bullshit. Last I had to set one up they would even still give you a static IP4 if you asked specifically, though they might have run out by now. But even if not it's still far better then residential service.

Outta my way fag.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-12 XFINITY.png (983x913, 43K)

I am new season is amazing

At this point I'm surprised there aren't hacks to get the filesize down. If only to prove a point. Unless they're total dicks and check integrity of the sound files it should be easy to lower the size 75%.

They don't compress shit because they know that retards will see that the game takes up 100+ GB and think that means it has shit tons of content

Well if the encoding is standardized they could specialize the hardware to make decoding h264/5 and aac trivial.

Normalfags won't buy a game if it doesn't have shiny graphics

The reason it's 165 GB is because that download also includes a large chunk of the previous files. Bungie has to compile data in chunks. It's not 165 GB of completely new data.

It's not like they just put in 100gb of empty files. The content's there.

>itt

>idiots who have no idea about gamedev thinking they can shrink the size of a videogame without any loss in resolution or detail/clarity

>165gbs
>still has no worth while content
How?

The price we pay for high rez textures

Who gives a fuck about retarded 5k textures?
Texture resolution alone doesn't make textures look good, otherwise modded Skyrim would have the best texture quality ever.

This would take me an entire week to download, miss me with this gay AAA faggotry.

>game plays like shit and there's nothing worth doing
>but at least it looks good

Attached: 1377036225407.gif (296x221, 870K)

This is so stupid that you might actually be onto something.

This well-written post doesn't have a single (you), but this garbage low effort bait has 17 replies. Yea Forums is dead.

Attached: 1564462328102.png (1436x1006, 2.39M)

>The price we pay for high rez textures
>game looks the same as a 30GB game

Makes sense!

>16gb of ram
>for an i5 and a 1050ti
What a waste of money.

i only started running out of space on my 2TB PS4 many years later. since I love good games like JRPGs and stuff, compared to my friend who gets all this triple AAA shit and has to delete everything

Lucky still. I live in the middle of nowhere and the local ISP monopoly is charging $20 a month PLUS 20 cents a GB of data usage. But hey no cap or throttling!

Attached: nofeelingsbutpain.jpg (1275x838, 80K)

*laughs in PC Master Race*

Kill yourself. There's absolutely no reason for an mmo FPS with a few cutscenes to be this heavy. They're not " pushing " any technologies and subhumans like you who let everything go by and defend these corporations deserve to be hanged

But the idea that there's ~10 hours of recorded dialog/music is plausible?

@473869081
Most retarded post this night on Yea Forums so far.

Gonna tell COMCAST to give me a break because i bought Destiny 2, please let me download without fucking my cap, nah just won't buy it, pirating garbage LMAO

have sex

>1050ti
>top of the line

Warframe is unironically more fun.

problems of console pesants

Attached: 1383845249_1773005235.jpg (944x540, 133K)

>americans download shadowkeep
>already over data cap

People just love to make up conspiracy theories don't they?

Attached: based and redpilled.webm (720x406, 1.62M)