Do you think this character would have been better written with a gut-wrenching, bone-chilling...

Do you think this character would have been better written with a gut-wrenching, bone-chilling, atmospheric slow burn descent into meth and insanity instead of just being a violent psycho who relies on screaming and cheap jump scares from the time you meet him?

He had a hard life and grew up in a terrible atmosphere, full of deceit and betrayal. I think there was missed potential here for video games to secure their place as an art form.

Attached: file.png (941x1048, 846K)

>Better written
It's a rockstar game, and a Grand Theft Auto one at that. It's piss easy to make any character written better, only a retard plays one of their games for the story.

I wish Trevor was written like a true psychopath. Like Ed Kemper from Mindhunters. But also as a methhead.

Yeah he would then he be more sympathetic.

the thing is that they can and could've written a good character but that wasnt the case of what they wanted to do with GTA 5

No, the problem with Trevor isn't that his descent into the current state of his life wasn't "shown".
It's just bad writing in general.
Trevor is the direct result of people complaining about the writing in GTAIV being too dark and gritty.
Especially TLAD.

That's why THE VERY FIRST THING HE DOES is smash Johnny Klebitz's skull after fucking his gf.
Because Trevor is the direct result of people bitching about how GTAIV did things writing wise.
It wasn't "fun" enough.
So the writers went OK THEN FUCK IT and kneejerked.
If you ever bitched about GTAIV but especially if you ever bitched about TLAD at all: Trevor is your fault, he exists in his curent form specifically because of you.

Attached: JohnnyKlebitz-TLAD.jpg (535x744, 93K)

Shit character, ruined almost every mission he was in. He was written for 12 year olds and nu-males who are such complete retards detached from actual reality that they don't realize "the embodiment of a gta player" is completely uninteresting as a character.

All they cared about was the multiplayer anyway, the story mode was just there because they couldn't not include it.

I don't mind him. It's GTA

>If you ever bitched about GTAIV but especially if you ever bitched about TLAD at all: Trevor is Rockstars fault
fixed

Trevor’s main character development was falling in love with the old lady, besides that he wasnt really much beyond shock humor

Ah, so all of the Trevor hate stems from the fact that he pissed off GTA 4 apologists. Based.

He's essentially just Reddit: the character.

Gtav have a lot in common with saints row 3 holy shit i didn’t know

Why do these stupid fucking Trevor threads keep being made? The game is almost 6 years old and he was a bad character. Case closed. Move on with your life.

>All they cared about was the multiplayer anyway
>Didn't even launch until like two months after the game released
Spoken like a true zoomer who has no idea what they're talking about.

I don't especially care about the writing in 4 as it is, but the writing in TLAD was probably one of the best things Rockstar has ever done, right next to Bully.
Sorta?
But what happened in SR is that the devs simply gave up and stopped giving a fuck completely.
Rockstar still cares, they just care about the WRONG things.

Attached: 23466340.jpg (1280x720, 400K)

He is a bad character in the same way that Mike Toreno is a bad character.

>But what happened in SR is that the devs simply gave up and stopped giving a fuck completely.
Rockstar still cares, they just care about the WRONG things.
Sorry my english is bad but you perfectly said what i was trying to say

GTA V's singleplayer mode was an ad for it's multiplayer. The multiplayer is the reason people played it and still play it. That's a fact.

A better solution would be to have "Undead Nightmare" for GTA5 and have Trevor fight John Marstons zombie, lots of fun potential.

Ohhh no the evil anti-semite committed a digital hate crime, time to spam the board with anti-Trevor posting!!

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 166K)

I kinda like Trevor and I enjoyed the most playing him but yeah, he could been better written. Also I was kinda disappointed that he wasn't a redneck and a gross crossdresser but apart from that, I would have enjoyed playing Trevor DLC.

Why are you guys projecting so much? Like literally its just everything I dont like is soi boy. Get a life

He is a redneck crossdresser you fucking incel, try playing the game bitch before I fuck you up.

Attached: image.jpg (1334x750, 288K)

He is a crossdresser but not a redneck you dumb fucking virgin ape. Next time pay fucking attention, asshole.

Attached: animal-animal-portrait-animal-world-682361-1000x562.jpg (1000x562, 112K)

That's not true at all. They didn't realize the insane potential of the multiplayer until after the game had released. That's why all of the single player content was cut and turned into heists.

I think Franklin's writing was abysmal, Trevor could be written better, but he's fine if you don't think too much about who or what he is (which is just an excuse for Rockstar to pander to the LE edgy/epic crowd)

> live in a filthy trailer in the desert in nasty stained clothes
> all his neighbors are retarded meth addicts
> not a redneck

Attached: image.jpg (684x529, 127K)

It doesn't get any more white trash than living in a fucking trailer park and recreationally selling/using meth.

Nice pice user, but why do you post a image of yourself? But Trevor is more a hipster than a redneck.

But I also play GTA for missions.
Hell I play GTA more for missions and story then just mindless rampages.

>hipster
bruh