At what point did you realize you had your hands on a stone cold masterpiece?

At what point did you realize you had your hands on a stone cold masterpiece?

Attached: dmc502-800x526.jpg (800x526, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ySY5YMoBp7c
xboxachievements.com/news/news-32055-Devil-May-Cry-5-Director-Would-Sooner-Make-DMC-6-Than-a-Remake.html
youtube.com/watch?v=rKp1Hy0pjtw&t=46s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

never

The final fight.

When Silver Bullet started playing I knew it was the best DMC.

when that anime song starts

Attached: 1552693844967.jpg (846x500, 63K)

30 minutes to realize the game was absolute dogshit

The demo

The second I started playing it tbdesu

Attached: 1554879191287.jpg (299x308, 15K)

>lmao nero spent 1 month seething about being called dead weight?
>mfw it was because he still feels sad about Credo death

Attached: Sad.gif (400x232, 1.16M)

Its not a masterpiece but it does do a lot of things right and for me it’s a welcome edition to dmc

Mission 3. But then I realized it wasn't in mission 4. But then I realized it was again in mission 12

I didn't. The story sucks dick, V grows old quick and the art direction is bland. Also you fight Urizen like four fucking times.

>V(ergil) talks to Trish about how all he wanted was love and affection
>Nero: "I WON'T LET YOU DIE"
DMC6 has to be all about Nero and Vergil. Anything less is wrong.

Attached: 1563556607274.jpg (2560x1440, 901K)

It was a masterpiece right up until I started playing as V.

God damn I never had a character make me drop a game so hard before

>The story sucks dick

Brainlet. It's the best one in the series.

BROTHER

Attached: 1565361153013.gif (500x375, 756K)

>mission 10: unlock legendary devil hunter dante
>mission 11: Get a demon bike
>mission 12: Get a magical hat
>mission 13: DUDE YOU WANT TO PLAY AS DANTE OR V?
what were they thinking

Attached: Anon.png (226x263, 72K)

Masterpiece? After that dance sequence and hearing Nico howling like a dog 'crying' I almost shat myself at the cringe. If this is the path the series is going to follow I'm tapping out.

No it's not. It tries to be a story about Nero stepping up and sorting out the family issues, but Nero gets shafted during the second half of the game for Dante so his entire arc gets truncated into a couple of short cutscenes at the end of the game. The structure is a fucking mess.

it was missing this kind of KINO
youtube.com/watch?v=ySY5YMoBp7c

Please don't take this bait

Attached: 1565553302747.gif (300x300, 2.32M)

It was alright. V wasn't fun to play at all and slowed the pace down needlessly. Dante felt pretty in tact, new Nero move set was pretty cool, but felt underutilised with too many of the arms being dogshit

What about it is good? At no point did I have any sense of impressiveness or had the slightest hint of any emotion from this story that wasn't dull.

stop falseflagging schizo.

anyone else think they pretty much had no idea how to end the game?

when i played another game

>anyone else think they pretty much had no idea how to end the game?

The end of the game was one of the first things they came up with.

This.
This too.

The ending of the game they had down solid, leading up to it is the issue user.

Well, maybe the execution felt bad.
I don't know I just didn't liked the ending it just felt weird and a bit lacking.

Oh, yeah. It's got to be bait. Not like those were the two aspects that elevated the whole franchise from good to seminal annoyed anyone. Those two will be the elements that will define generations of action game for years to come. Dante grabbing his balls and embarrassing himself and Nico making obnoxious sounds a 13 year old trying to be funny wouldn't make. Masterpiece.

when best boy was back

I think it rang hollow due to the wonky pacing of the narrative and the structure of the game.

My key moments:
>seeing payline and hard way for the first time
>using punchline for the first time
>Goliath
>actually getting co-op going in mission 7
>everything about mission 12
>fighting King Cerberus and feeling like I'm playing dmc3 for the first time again
>dmc1 music playa in mission 18
>everything about mission 19 and 20

Attached: 1553291398605.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

>It tries to be a story about Nero stepping up and sorting out the family issues
>he thinks it was about nero and not all about vergil

Attached: 1538714891102.png (500x500, 159K)

My favourite was bustering Artemis for the first time, and then finishing the fight with the Punchline uppercut, it was so fucking good
>PACK IT UP FREAK SHOW

Attached: 1552247176229.jpg (595x596, 75K)

>It tries to be a story about Nero stepping up and sorting out the family issues

It's way more than that. The whole story is about finding meaning in life.

>How long have we fought?
>Hard to say, it's the only thing I remember since we were kids.

The plot revolves around how Dante and Vergil are both incredibly powerful fighters with no worthy enemies left to face, so they have let their rivalry turn into a toxic obsession. Vergil is willing to sacrifice his humanity and the lives of other people simply to beat Dante, but Dante also doesn't really care about protecting humans anymore, he mostly just wants to fight Vergil again. Their middle-aged existential crisis has left them both jaded and one-minded. With Mundus gone neither Dante and Vergil have a good reason for still fighting, but it's all they know. So they chase their past in a desperate attempt to feel alive again.

Nero on the other hand, fights for his family, he says so himself. It's why he gets so offended by Dante calling him dead weight, to him Dante is family. So when he finds out Vergil is his father his whole world view gets destroyed. Because "fighting for family" was Nero's entire reason for living. Ultimately Nero decided to continue fighting for his family, and through his strong life purpose he convinces both Dante and Vergil to stop fighting. This is why Vergil nods in agreement when Nero says "Dante's not gonna die here, and neither are you."

In the end, both Dante and Vergil find inner peace through Nero. Because instead of obsessing over their own life purpose, they're finally able to move on and let the next generation take over.

Attached: devil_may_cry_5_dante_vs_vergil_vs_nero.jpg (1280x623, 103K)

It still amuses me how the only reason DMC5's plot is a thing is so Itsuno can not only bring Vergil back but bring him back more powerful than ever and redeem him in the same game setting him up to be a future protagonist. The mad man has no limits for his husbando and I love every second of it.

Attached: 1534952022169.jpg (1920x1080, 114K)

There was also that amazing remix in the mission when Nobodies came back.

That and the fact that it was Dante who said it to him. If some rando had said that he wouldn't care. Dante was the closest thing to a father figure he had.

>and through his strong life purpose he convinces both Dante and Vergil to stop fighting
Except for when they're still fighting in hell lol

after beating the first boss

The difference is they fight for fun now.

my one problem with the mission layout is that after you get king cerberus, you get thrown straight into a boss fight. DMC3 would have never pulled that shit

They aren't going to stop fighting just because deadweight says so.

>it's dmc3 again but worse

Itsuno always said he wanted to make a Vergil game so if this is his last game then he accomplished that.

>so if this is his last game
It's not and I don't know why people keep saying this. Itsuno said in more than one interview that he's only taking a break from DMC after 5 and will be back for 6.

>It's not and I don't know why people keep saying this. Itsuno said in more than one interview that he's only taking a break from DMC after 5 and will be back for 6.

Source.

Well, 1, they are still fighting, so that wasn't it.
2, Nero doesn't come off as wonder about that who deadweight thing, he comes off as petty. He held on to that for months. How thin can your skin be if that has a lasting impression. Toughen up, son!
3, This whole thing all but trivializes the rivalry between the two brothers. They're not trying to kill each because that's all they remember doing since kids, they're trying to kill each other the actions and events in their history. A lifetime of contrast and in comes someone as mediocre as Nero and they stop fighting just because. Oh, problems solved.

dmc 3 was about dante's characterization
dmc 5 was about vergil and a continuation of nero's

>Well, 1, they are still fighting, so that wasn't it.

They're not fighting to kill eachother and others in the process.

t. someone that has no siblings and can't understand

>wonder
Wounded. Stupid spell check.

>dmc 5 was about vergil
Vergil wasn't in it enough to really say that, even if V is his 'better half.' A Bayo2 reference?
I think Bingo has been recycling his work a bit too much

>Vergil wasn't in it enough to really say that
the whole game was basically a criticism of vergil's character and how stupid and stubborn he is, which is literally manifested into a big evil monster

>Brothers fight
That's your reasoning? Middle child of 5, m8. We're adults now. That excuse rings pretty thin when you are grown ass men. Again, trivializing the rivalry as something childish.

>even if V is his 'better half.'
human half doesn't equate to better
and how is not about vergil, when we're playing as half of him and fighting half of him and learning more about his character

Still looking for that quote but have this for now
>xboxachievements.com/news/news-32055-Devil-May-Cry-5-Director-Would-Sooner-Make-DMC-6-Than-a-Remake.html

Well for one you're not a half demon lol
and second it's how they bond and have fun. It's not a rivalry anymore.

I think it was around halfway, just got back into my flow as Dante during mission 11 and then the Cavaliere Angelo bossfight happens, where I managed to go toe to toe with him using RG but still beat him by the silver of my hp cause I messed up at the end. Managed to dodge a few wide swings without RG or tricks, just by movement, and hit the final stinger after a parry.

That was pretty good.

But really the game kicked into overdrive after mission 15. It's the finale of a rollercoaster ride with 3 loops and a corkscrew at the end, Malaphas, Cerberus, Urizen reborn, PSYCHO SIREN WOOP WOOP, Vergil 19 and FUCK YOU/Suplexing DT Vergil in mission 20.

I've never hit New Game+ so fast as I did in DMC V. Still can't get enough, but Bloody Palace delivers in spades. I love how there's not a single enemy that's got me going "oh fuck not this asshole again" since even Furies are fun to fight and can be clowned on pretty easily as both Nero and Dante. Goddamn I love replaying this game.

And it's so pretty too, like I knew the RE Engine is a technical masterpiece but hot damn this game has no right to look as good as it does. What an absolute masterpiece.

Attached: 1534950998641.png (538x690, 64K)

>which is literally manifested into a big evil monster
And the most literal poster boy for Hot Topic.
Neither V nor U are Vergil enough to be representations of him. Yeah, on paper they are meant to be but V is nothing like Vergil, refer back to the statement about his outfit, and U is a bland, obvious villain that looks like something Go Nagai drew. Neither of them resembles Vergil enough, neither in appearance nor personality, to be stand ins for him.

>play dmc3
>wtf why does my locked on enemy always changed
>left thumbstick to change locked on enemy

Who thought this was a good idea? That being said after I changed that, game got really fun. I don't understand why the multi stab hit is hard to pull off now, does dick all for damage.

Attached: gettincrazy.jpg (625x468, 61K)

>We're adults now. That excuse rings pretty thin when you are grown ass men. Again, trivializing the rivalry as something childish.

Their rivarly was always childish. And this idea that you somehow "let go of the past" as you get older is rarely true. It's more often the opposite. You get more and more obsessed with it. Stuff like new music stops being interesting to you and you instead just fall back on the old favorites.

what did you change the change lock on button to? I've always found it really annoying but cant find a good button to change it to

So half demon equates to childishness. That's even worse. That implies that the series is, infact, juvenile. Any resemblance of maturity is false and shallow. My god, that is even worse.

I'm pretty sure Nero thought it was just some unspoken agreement between him and Dante that they were father and son. But he didn't account for the fact that Dante is secretly the world's coolest incel.

I changed it to reset camera and put taunt on right thumbstick and whatever was there on select

In the books Nero had a feeling that Dante might be his dad, and apparently that weird goodbye at 4 was the last time he ever saw him

After I started replaying the game and stopped thinking about how flimsy the story was. DMD difficulty is seriously fucking cool. Dante is literally the most overwhelming and mechanically complex character in action game history. Loved it.

You don't kill people over childish things. You don't kill your brother over musical preferences. If their fights were really just some meh infantile rivalry they certainly wouldn't try to kill each other and a whole city of millions wouldn't have to pay the price.

>Stuff like new music stops being interesting to you and you instead just fall back on the old favorites
Not him but I'm 31 and this happened to me many years ago

Attached: 1544047855701.jpg (2880x3600, 2.9M)

>and apparently that weird goodbye at 4 was the last time he ever saw him

I doubt that. As they seem to be running a joint operation

Ok I didn't realize you we're baiting good job.

>You don't kill people over childish things.

If only that were true.

>goodbye at 4 was the last time he ever saw him
No it wasn't, btn mentioned them meeting again in between 4 and 5

10 years ago when I played 4.

Attached: 1553983354787.webm (540x304, 1.08M)

When i refunded it and got sekiro.

Attached: sekiro.png (458x438, 440K)

Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself really hard that the game wasn't about Vergil.

>sekirofag again

Whatever you say Bingo

because I probably like it more than how good it actually is since we went through
>MGSV
>TLG
>KH3
>FFXV
who were all "BUT IT TOOK 10 YEARS TO MAKE" and then have DMCV absolutely blow them out of the water and live up to the decade-long wait. I give it too many bonus points just for that

Yeah, do that. Cover your ears and pretend there is nothing wrong. Pretend the game is perfect and it's nothing but good things. Nobody thinks differently. It's an undisputed master. It's the Brothers Karamazov, Faust, Titus Andronicus, The Tale of Genji and DMC5 (what, with it's Michael Jackson dance and profound characters like Nico who actually talk like that). That is the stuff that inspires generations.

If you only want to hear from people who agree with everything you say you shouldn't be on the internet.

Oh, no, it was supposed to be but not only did it fail miserably, it ruined one of the greatest, most epic characters in the series by turning him into a chump. Vergil was cold, driven, formidable. Now he is just a meh. He is completely and utterly forgettable. V is nothing like Vergil so any slack he'd get doesn't transfer over.

Vergil was clearly depicted in 3 as an insecure dork who tries really hard to looks cool and aloof to cover that up. Then in 5 we see an exaggerated version of his covered up personality in V who then shines through a little more when he fuses back into Vergil due to the time V had to interact with Nero and Dante and just chill out in general. It doesn't take a genius to put this together and see that you didn't understand Vergil's character at all in either game.

>epic
epic

Attached: 1553822998386.jpg (1500x1061, 908K)

But their fighting is on much friendlier terms at that point

>Vergil was clearly depicted in 3 as an insecure dork who tries really hard to looks cool and aloof to cover that up.
So you didn't like him in 3 so you're pushing this bullshit opinion of yours as fact. Are you one of those types that sees a character with a katana and thinks 'what a dork'?

>masterpiece

Attached: 6AA63AED-F574-4736-BE53-B1594930860D.jpg (1024x576, 56K)

Sorry user, but you're actually gay.

I love him in 3, fake or not he's a great rival character and is still intimidating because of how strong the game makes him appear. That doesn't change the fact that he's a momma's boy who was traumatized by her death and became autistically focused on becoming powerful so nothing like that he would never be vulnerable like that again. There's nothing cool or epic about a backstory like that and if you think there is you might be as autistic as him.

>combo bad
>parry fest good
Die

This really isn't true. Vergil as we knew him at the time was stoic, and serious as a contrast to Dante who was aloof and flippant. They were their direct parallels.

In 5 more of their similarities shine through as it becomes increasingly obvious to us that from the outside they actually enjoy each other's company and are happy to go at each other. We basically got to see them resolve their lifelong issues with each other and accept that they do in fact miss each other's company because it satisfies a personally lost part of themselves after this whole time.

Everyone loves Kyrie

Attached: __kyrie_nero_and_nico_devil_may_cry_5_and_etc_drawn_by_nagare__2e664ec422fa3add8afef9c46d3afc9b.jpg (504x1501, 867K)

>Complaining about a fucking tutorial boss

Really user?

They paralleled each other because they were both coping with their insecurities, just in different ways. Dante acted goofy and didn't take anything seriously and Vergil rejected his human feelings and emotions because he saw them as weak and went after pure power instead, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Note how he looks at his mom's amulet several times in the game for no reason and even picks it up rather than trying to take Force Edge after losing to Dante at the end.

>him into a chump
Would a chump split himself and then cause the death of millions (again) I don't think so

>V is nothing like Vergil so any slack he'd get doesn't transfer over.
nice baito

when your game opens with something this shit, it’s hard not to get a bad impression. the game of course gets better but the simple inclusion of that “boss” is indicative of a greater carelessness when it comes to design.

>when your game opens with something this shit, it’s hard not to get a bad impression

But the game opens with an Urizen fight.

when i played V
i wouldnt exactly call it a masterpiece though

Absolutely. Vergil's redemption for Urizen and father/son bonding. Maybe go in hard and have Vergil die so Nero can power up and inherit the Yamato. Or let them do some DBZ shit and do a fusion.

>yfw Red Queen Yamato
>yfw Max Act Judgement Cuts

>story is forgettable
>setting is repetitive
>no puzzles

The only good things are characters graphics and combat. It's good, but no masterpiece.

When Nero shouted "FUCK YOU!"
>Post yfw

Attached: hold him back.gif (252x286, 1.98M)

>>yfw Max Act Judgement Cuts

Attached: 1501305502210.png (625x468, 678K)

I was in the leak threads so I got that moment spoiled but it was still so fucking cool when I got to play the game myself.

Attached: 1548798191669.png (1000x399, 58K)

>Vergil was clearly depicted in 3 as an insecure dork who tries really hard to looks cool and aloof to cover that up.

Jesus. How can you miss the basic fucking contrast of serious brother and the casual and playful is beyond me.

When I started Sekiro.

DMC is shit. Writing/characters/story are nonsensical boring garbage.

Linear and terrible level design. Playing as V is so stupid easy and boring. Combat is ok with Nero/Dante but there is literally nothing else to this barebones game.

RE/DMC fags will eat up and rotting cow pie I swear.

Also people who are quick to claim masterpieces are always wrong and have horrid taste in entertainment.

>Also people who are quick to claim masterpieces are always wrong and have horrid taste in entertainment.

So Sekiro is also dogshit?

you didn't get your yous in the other thread?

>no puzzles
Never thought that I'd see a person with such shit taste that bitches about muh puzzles in dmc

You need 2 threads to tell yourself this shit is good, I'll tell you it's not in both.

>literally mgr without cool shit fag
Why the fuck do you even post

When I saw this piece of ass.

Attached: 1553456177694.jpg (781x1080, 145K)

Problem? DMC 3 had good puzzles that incoporated gameplay, DMC1's werent great but they were at least going for something there. I did not finsih IV so I cant speak for the ones there.

>good puzzles
>dmc 3
Are you kidding me? There was like 2 fucking puzzles with light and that's it. It was just hit one or two disks to go further
Jesus

fpbp

>IV

>III

oh fuck dude i knew it when the TGS trailer dropped. that shit was oozing kino
youtube.com/watch?v=rKp1Hy0pjtw&t=46s

Attached: mfw the childrens hospital burns down but its refurbished with a dominos.png (305x336, 119K)

why this game/series triggers retards like so hard?

Nobodies talking about Sekiro on Yea Forums anymore and DMC5 still has threads daily. He's jealous.

>when subhuman dropped

Attached: 1552541313214.png (488x782, 389K)

Vergil NEEDS to be a playable character! FUCK!

I can really image Keanu Reeves saying the dark soul with light line. He's the guy who should be playing Dante desu senpai, not that washed up ninja turtle power ranger.

if dante is anyone else but reuben langdon i go and burn down capcom headquarters personally

Possibly the best webm I've seen

About time Dante gets an actual actor and not a stuntman. Someone who doesn't exhale every line of dialogue like a nuisance sure would be swell.

vergil must protecc

This is so hilarious considering Sekiro is one of the most unfun pieces of trash I've played in a long time.

when I played Dante for the first time and the music kicked in

>Their entire underworld sparring involved joking about being unable to keep score, implying that they're aiming for multiple bouts without the intent to kill
Autists should be banned from discussion.

When I dropped DMC5 to replay Bayonetta

>When I dropped a good game to play freezy dodge spam ez game

Dodge offset is one of the most innovative concepts for hack and slash games to have and makes DMC5 feel absolutely sluggish

Mission 1-9, then it went away.

I'm fine with table hopper.

>he needs a dedicated button to dodge
lmao

Keep seething.

don't encourage the retard

When I played the demo at PAX.

When I started the game.

I think this was a good idea but it kinda failed since they never really showed him caring about Credo's death or even much of their relationship, which just seemed antagonistic anyhow.

Oh fuck, hearing Psycho Siren again got me so fucking hyped.

Pic related is was my realization

Attached: IMG_1741.jpg (1080x1123, 173K)