What will it take to end the "open world meme" that ruins video games?

What will it take to end the "open world meme" that ruins video games?

Attached: Sam_813669_6267977.jpg (667x375, 45K)

10 years of Skyrim clones

please god no

Killing yourself. So go ahead and get on that so you can "save" video games.

Considering open world games have been around since the 80s, I don't see them going anywhere.

I thought it was gonna end half a decade ago, but then we got The Witcher 3 and Breath of the Wild. There's no end to this open world faggotry in sight. It's infuriating.

They used to be the minority, though. Now they're the popular shtick every RPG ruins itself with.

>open world rpg
Absolute garbage
>open world sandbox game
Absolute kino

Knowing the difference could save your life

There's nothing inherently wrong with open worlds.

Open world games all inevitably have very low content density. They severely water down the good shit they have by sprinkling it over a gigantic map that is also filled with emptyness, worthless collectibles and very repetitive quests and activities which might as well have been procedurally generated (and which obviously don't count as real content, since they're boring as shit). This registers to casuals and/or brainlets like a bigger better world with more immersion, but what it actually is is shit padding. That's why open world games suck.
And no, this doesn't apply exclusively to Ubisoft open world games. Ubisoft is the easy scapegoat. The truth is that even the supposedly "good" open world games are shit for the exact same reasons I just stated above. That includes shit like Morrowind, New Vegas, The Witcher 3, Breath of the Wild, etc. It's all the same shit.
For some reason, there are people that love walking or riding horses or driving through empty roads while looking at the scenery and they consider that good gameplay. I don't.

This.
They will eventually fall out of style and only the good ones will remain, only to repeat the cycle all over again.

No, they didn't. In fact, the majority of RPGs were open world (Ultima, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate, etc.).

>Fallout, Arcanum, Baldur's Gate
None of those are open world
>It's another "non-linear means open world" retard

I don't think open world trend has a ba nawet impact on games.

You don't know what open world means.

Just because a world is open doesn't mean it has to be huge and empty or filled with random stupid shit.

>inevitably
No.
>They severely water down the good shit they have by sprinkling it over a gigantic map
Only the bad ones.
>that is also filled with emptyness
Not a flaw in itself.
>worthless collectibles
Only the bad ones.
>and very repetitive quests and activities which might as well have been procedurally generated (and which obviously don't count as real content, since they're boring as shit).
Only the bad ones.
>For some reason, there are people that love walking or riding horses or driving through empty roads while looking at the scenery and they consider that good gameplay.
Yeah,it's awesome.
>I don't.
Pic related. Why do you play games that don't cater to your tastes?

Attached: 1564911693768.png (560x407, 20K)

You can't name a single open world game that isn't empty or filled with copy-pasted content unless you name games that are not open world games, like Dark Souls, Metroid, etc.

Just two more years until we're free.

>empty or filled with copy-pasted content
But this describes both Dark Souls and Metroid. Also, no Metroid game is open world.

Gothic

Fuck off with this "only the bad ones" shit, these things apply to pretty much every single open world game released in the last decade. It's bad game design and you eat that shit up and defend it. Fucking disgusting.

Gothic's world is about as open as Dark Souls' though.

But the next one is totally gonna be different, bro. Can't wait for CyberTranny 2069, I have it pre-ordered and everything! :^D

Gothic 1,2 and NotR, Stalker CoP

>in the last decade.
Ah yes, that's how far your memory reaches. No wonder you have shit taste and opinions.

Gothic's world is far more open than Dark Souls'.

Attached: image.jpg (2048x2048, 1.88M)

No idea what you're trying to tell me, but you shouldn't judge others for their "taste" when you are literally defending empty game worlds. It doesn't get more retarded than this.