"Hey, remember that one Rusty Broken Sword way back at the beginning of the game?"

>"Hey, remember that one Rusty Broken Sword way back at the beginning of the game?"
"Yeah, I scrapped that the first chance I got"
>"Its a required ingredient to form one of the strongest end game weapons in the game"
mfw...

Attached: 1358190606_5.jpg (512x384, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ipsen's_Castle
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Getting rid of items
Unless your character has weight, never get rid of items. If you need money then just farm for it and this'll never happen.

>Item's description says it's useless
>It's actually useless

Attached: 1564974963191.png (310x352, 137K)

>Don't open this chest with nothing in it or you can't get the best weapon in the game.

name games that do this

"Fuck you, buy the strategy guide."

>Edge for an hour for maximum gamer cums
>mom comes home with Taco Bell

Attached: 1565406631457.jpg (771x886, 138K)

Portrait of Ruin was awful about this. COmpletely gave up on the Quest system because of it

>early game weapon is used to forge end game weapon
>sword you can buy from the shop is still better

Attached: medic.gif (322x281, 1.43M)

Terraria, for one

What weapon?

the hero sword thing, also the mining resources at the beginning that are used to craft the mechanical bosses in endgame

Dark Souls did this

Dark Souls 1

Why did they make nu-spongebob so soulless

Cave Story

terra blade just remembered what it's called

Dragon’s dogma

Sneeds formerly rusty blade of chuck's

Portrait of Ruin

that drops from mothron

They do this in Dark Cloud 2.

I remember being so fucking mad.

>here waste this inventory space for the chance of a thing you probably out leveled later lmao
Bad game design

Starbound, the upgraded version of the first sword is literally the strongest weapon in the game

>There's a single dungeon where stats are switched and the weakest weapons are the strongest

Never chuck your equipment

>Play DQ
>This never happens
FF game design is cancer.

W-Wait I’m playing this right now. Max’s starting wrench or Monica’s blade?

Technically SMT Nocturne does this with the Pixie you first get. Though you can still fuse her, just never ever part with her or the fusion.

You don't need to use the Straight Sword Hilt, a Broken Straight Sword from a hollow works just as well. Also it's not like there's any kind of inventory limit and you get fuck all souls for selling it so there's no reason you shouldn't have it

You can't sacrifice her either, that's what usually gets people.

Only thing I can think of in dq that does this is 8 but you have to find the sword in a chest first

Yeah in the game you need a shitty early game item to help with the Jurak Gun.

If you ditch it, you can never get it.

Name exactly one game where that actually happens.

When? Where? Witchwood?

Attached: 1563898589986.jpg (466x473, 44K)

FFIX
finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Ipsen's_Castle

>Hey, see that guy that just fell in the hole and we took the time to make sure you saw it?
>Well if you check on him like we're clearly prompting you to do, Curly dies.
>No, these two things have literally nothing to do with each other at all.
Fuck Pixel and fuck Cave Story. Good game but fuck you buddy.

I think you can buy more of both but pretty much all weapons are upgrades of each other.
>ie: all wrench weapons are upgrades from the starting wrench, all hammers from the starting hammer

Generally since weapons level up with you you can keep the starting one and upgrade it till the end

FF9

I meant the stuff that goes into making the Terra blade. You need the sword from the dungeon, the sword from the jungle, an excalibur, a few hero swords, etc etc etc etc

Attached: terra.png (663x755, 69K)

Outward?

THIS

>Given a quest to forge a master sword.
>Need to be level 30+ to do the quest.
>Finally finish the quest.
>Sword is a piece of shit and has the stats of a level 20 sword.
I was so mad.

This is the most obvious shit ever, why would you ever get rid of the starting weapon?

Attached: voidpaper.jpg (600x488, 33K)

Yeah, that one was developed by Level-5 and they love doing that shit. Thankfully it's not for the actual best gear and I think the 3DS version fixed it.

I don't want to start ff10 because of that kind of shit

>implying snake isn't the best weapon

Final Fantasy XV

>quelling blade, an item you start the game with turns into a battlefury
>stout shield, another item you start the game with turns into vanguard which transitions into an abyssal blade
I hope magic wand will turn into an end game item one update

In Dragon Quest VI and IX the Zenithian Sword (it has other name on VI) and the Loto Sword in IX start rusted and you have to upgrade them to be usable, but to be honest you can't throw away the ZW and the rusty LS has the shape of the original so you know that shit is going down if you throw it away.

Attached: Marching_Through_The_Streets.png (1280x1024, 2.33M)

>He doesn’t use a wiki for finding the crafting recipes

FFX doesn't do that.
Instead it lick the best weapons behind awful minigames and forces a ridiculous endgame grind.

what did portrait of ruin did? was it the pages needed in a quest allowing you to get Charlotte's best weapon ?

You can only permanently lose the Muramasa out of those, and you can always just make a new world, quickly beat Skeletron and get a new one, since inventories carry over.

The quest to save Curly is such bullshit in general

If you upgrade any rusty weapon to lvl 3 stars and beyond, it gains the Slow and Poison effects

Sounds like a Dragon Quest game to me.

Absolutely kino game trope. Western games have taught me otherwise though.

Outward

You were able to but a replacement via the wifi store and these days that shit is up forever via fans, so it's not actually missable in either case.

I think the upgraded version of lightning's blade in FF13 is the strongest

>game give you shit weapon at the start
>you can easily beat the boss with it if you enchant it
i dont like that i can beat alduin with a wooden sword that has +1000 ice damage

Scroll up, there were no missiles until the Level-5 developed games.

Then don't do the loop?

>That "strong end-game weapon" is actually shit

Attached: greatsword_of_artorias.png (80x90, 3K)

The Dragovian Sword is awarded to the player once you defeat the Lord of the Dragovians at least once, the only miss able item in DQ8 (at least in the PS2 version) is the Devil's Tail (which is a very low drop by certain enemies in the last secret dungeon) which is an ingredient for making Jessica second best whip.
You can fuck up and make some recipes and miss forever certain items to.

Attached: DQVIII_Akira_Toriyama.png (745x930, 1.3M)

I've played all the mainline DQ games and don't recall any missiles. Sounds like something that would have sci-fi elements like FF or Xeno. I remember Mother 3 had Rhinocerockets. Those are kind of like missiles.

It is, by raw numbers, the absolute strongest weapon in the game at maximum level, so that is technically correct, even if no one literally reaches that level (or even a level where it starts outclassing other weapons) and in some cases it's better to just use a quick weapon with a strong buff

>Experienced this one time in the past
>Ever since, I've ALWAYS kept the starting weapon, no matter how shit it is
Super weapons that require the first weapon you get aren't very common, but they're so satisfying when you do get them.

Fucking Dark Souls 3 Rubbish

What's even the point

Not entirely true. The one rainbow sword hits harder and has a more useful effect. The upgraded sword is more satisfying and far less effeminate, but the gay rainbow sword is objectively stronger. Real retards who got suckered into that game use two electric batons from space ships though. They hit like trucks and put broadswords to shame.

It's a typo, asshole.
Missables.

VI is just cheating. You know it's the legendary sword. There's an entire story arc about getting it and trying to get it fixed. It being rusted is just an excuse for it to not be fully attainable before the other pieces of Zenithian equipment and also to give a reason for Terry to not take it while still making him seem one step ahead.

like what? make a new Item for it? or make it into a Dagon?

>"Yeah, I scrapped that the first chance I got"
Every fucking time someone does something like this in a game without inventory limits I just laugh my ass off.

I like to keep my inventory clean

Then store it or sort it.

immersion ruined

>dual wield a fork and knife
>wear a chef hat

That entire arc sucked.

Destiny had a quest where you dismantled your starting rifle to get parts to rebuild it, by the time it was added, most had already scrapped their rifle. Although they added in a way to get the quest without scrapping your rifle and it certainly wasn't the best gun in the game

Attached: 1556336183250.gif (336x261, 380K)

what? what weapon needs that?

FF12 rerelease fixed that

I could see it being a third urn upgrade maybe, charges are gained through kills and spell casts, or a level 6 dragon that gains power the more charges it has letting you basically delete anyone for free at max charges

Honestly, just going in on the fork with 100 Enchanting and getting Absorb Health and Ice Damage is good enough to win you most fights.

The longsword is needed early on, and there's only ONE(1) longsword in the game. Doesn't drop from enemies. But since it was such a standard sword, I sold it off to buy more potions, thinking I could get more.

leave it as bait near a kill point in pvp

>Weapon has tons of requirements to create, from numerous other endgame weapons to a crappy rusted sword you just find lying about that you can't even use as a weapon
>It's outclassed by a meme weapon
This is the one bad thing I can think of about Terraria off the top of my head.
At the very least they said they're going to remedy that in the next update by adding a true terra blade or something like that, unless I actually just dreamt reading about that...

Attached: 1522455931103.png (390x292, 198K)

Pokemon Ruby

>Mc throws his overpowered Sword away
>he just strangeled this motherfucker to death

KINO

>Item is completely and totally utterly useless in every way
>Find a way for which it can be used
>God comes down and rewards you for figuring out a way to make that shit "useful"
Nobody will ever guess the game

>Hold onto this weird item with no use throughout the entire game wasting one of a handful of inventory slots for a secret scene

Wut

>Joke weapon has an absurd amount of upgrades
>When fully upgraded it's even stronger than the NG+ weapon the story is based around and your maxed out starting weapon both

Attached: wooden_sword_NGB.png (380x423, 39K)

What game?

Actually the greatclub ends up doing more damage if it's enchanted or occult +5, i forget which

New game plus nigga.

I wish the other action games had something like this.

>the one bad thing I can think of about Terraria off the top of my head

Attached: complete wank.png (991x133, 15K)

>Game doesn't have a "best weapon"
>all the weapons you get are side-grades that either offer advantages on certain situations or change the way the character they're equipped to plays

Attached: promotions.gif (320x240, 1007K)

FFI literally does.

Gwyn's Lord Sword?

FF9 starting equipment

don't forget about the Nun items and the Moldy Bread

Chrono Cross.

most jrpgs

Artorias' swords.

Infinite Undiscovery

none of you named three games

most jrpgs is more than 3 games

But you just did

jrpg isn't a game

ur not a game

Get fucked

>tfw sold Euclids C finder to old lady gibson because I thought Euclid scammed me

thats a fucking great gif

This reminds me of the enchanting dupe bug in skyrim that allows people to give their level 1 starting weapons 5000x damage and 1 shot everything in the game.

There's vids of people doing this to spoons and brooms.

>hey remember that time spongebob was covered with wrinkled assholes?

You can craft almost every weapon in that game and have theoretically unlimited storage space tho.

he should've said pokemon gold/silver but I'll explain
he's equating pokemon to weapojs and implying (correctly) that blaziken is incredibly strong in the endgame. The reason im saying gold/silver is because up until generation VI fucked everything with megas Feraligatr was a strong competitive pokemon as well, holding its own in OU for three generations