Daily reminder I had more games than the gamecube, had a rational controller design...

Daily reminder I had more games than the gamecube, had a rational controller design, a fantastic co-op experience and remain better than the game cube to this very day.

>b-but muh Halo and Fable only!
"No!"

Attached: god box.jpg (450x450, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnet.com/news/cnet-uks-games-console-reliability-survey-60-per-cent-of-xbox-360s-have-broken/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

> rational controller design
> changed the layout halfway through the systems life
Great system though

What is with all the OG Xbox spam lately? Great console and underrated.
Only due to size, and the revision controller already existed in Japan.

It is my love. John Carmack had the NeXT, I had my Xbox

Cool but were they BETTER games? No.

I'm behind about 15% of it.
>underrated.
this is exactly why. More people will know about how good the Xbox is and the meme of halo & fable being all it had will die.

good console. but worthless compared to ps2

only if you were a jrpg neet.

>Cool but were they BETTER games? No.
They were.

Attached: steel-battalion.webm (1280x720, 2.82M)

I have a soft spot for the XBOX because it had Gunvalkyrie and Panzer Dragoon Orta on it. It was also my main SFIII console for online play.

Everything on Xbox is just a lame clone of something on PC
The west and console gaming should have never mixed

Attached: Gunvalkyrie.webm (640x379, 2.96M)

Imagine not loving the superior Japanese games on the Xbox.
>PC fatty
>hates the west
pick 1.

Attached: ninja gaiden black.webm (720x540, 2.16M)

Wheres my fucking vr steel battalion game with this controller huh

tfw I was the kid with the xbox and everyone else had ps2s and they made fun of me for playing with the Duke controller

>17 years later, and this is STILL the most authentic mech game in existence
Why hasn't anything topped Steel Battalion yet? Is there anything that even comes close?

Attached: Breakdown.webm (640x480, 2.22M)

Only used this thing for the Sega games and Ninja Gaiden Black.

steel battalion wasn't a success, that's why nothing comes close. Line of Contact was also one of the most incredible multiplayer games of all time, featuring a full multiplayer campaign where you wage war between 16 different maps and each win pushes you deeper into enemy territory and each loss pushes you back into your old territory.

Did they go on to become female(male 2019)?

The Gamecube is easily one of the most overrated consoles of all time. If there were more Japanese multiplats on the Xbox it would have won the generation hands down. Stupid Japs not realizing brilliance when they see it.

>best console versions of 6th gen multiplats in terms of resolution and performance
>easily hackable, so you can upgrade the hard drive and pirate everything and put emulators and shit
>had tons of great niche exclusives like Breakdown, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Jet Set Radio Future, GunValkyrie, Steel Battalion, Phantom Dust, Metal Wolf Chaos, Voodoo Vince, Ninja Gaiden, Otogi, the Buffy the Vampire Slayer game, Kingdom Under Fire, etc
>even got enhanced versions of some PS2 games like Onimusha and Fatal Frame
Why does everyone perpetuate the myth that the OG Xbox was only a dudebro Halo machine? I only got into the OG Xbox back in like 2014, and was amazed at how much shit I missed out on due to petty console warrior faggotry.

Just ordered a horde of cheap games off ebay.

Attached: 20190810_083448.jpg (3264x2448, 2.32M)

If JSRF and PDO were cheap, that's a great deal. Those games are starting to creep up.

>even got an SMT game
Translation patch for SMT NINE when?

Attached: nkurowak-img374x534-1542036738ja5qwk16046.jpg (374x534, 67K)

JSRF was always worth a fair bit on it's own. The Sega GT 2002/JSRF disc isn't worth much though as it was packed in with the console.

If it ever runs on an emulator, then it will probably get a patch. Until then, I think the SMT community will treat it like a black sheep. Apparently it's not even a good game anyway.

Ive had these for some time. Dont remember what those 2 cost but they weren't expensive. The games i ordered havent arrived yet. Mostly older Medal of Honor games and a few other shooters.

>If it ever runs on an emulator
Apologies for the shit quality webm, but

Attached: Desktop 2019.07.25 - 05.15.50.03.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

What's with all the XBOX shitposting lately? can't you just have a thread talking about it without being an utter chode?

Halo 2, Ninja Gaiden and Fable are the greatest games ever created tho

Only if you liked the best platform games. 3 sly games, 4 ratchet games, and the first Jak. It also has the first and third DMC games, best versions of guitar hero, ape escape 2 and 3

Does it run past the menu though?

Yeah. I can get in-game. But since it's all in moonrunes, I dunno what the fuck I'm selecting.

>his console didnt weigh 8 and a half pounds at birth
Pathetic

Attached: 1565489745014.jpg (640x917, 109K)

But I own both a crystal XBOX, and a modded crystal XBOX user. It doesn't mean you get to be a dick about owning one.

Yes it does.
>crystal xbox
Now you are the dick

No it doesn't because then you sound just like any sony pony or Nintendo baby. And how does owning a crystal XBOX make me a dick?

Voodoo Vince is secretly the best 3D platformer of the 6th gen.

All I want is a new crimson skies or mech assault game.

I've only recently been collecting for OG Xbox and I love how cheap it is. Here are my games. What are some must haves/ niche games i need to get?

Attached: 20190812_112635.jpg (1942x1529, 1.9M)

tenerezza, magatama, wreckless, grabbed by the ghoulies, blinx 2, enclave, quantum redshift, black, urban chaos

The fact that you don't have any Tony Hawk's games is criminal, nor do I see any Godzilla (the Xbox version of DAM has exclusive characters) Need for Speed Underground, Shaolin Monks, Bloodrayne, DoA2 Hardcore, or a bunch of multiplat titles that should have for Xbox. You've got a lot of work ahead of you lad.

Unironically my favorite Xbox game

Make sure you pick up pic related. Don't listen to meemers, it is legitimately one of Rare's best games and measures up to any of their best N64 games. It is also full of Easter Eggs

Attached: qRLH2Oe.jpg (2168x1456, 647K)

I still have demo discs with user submitted clips on them of people doing warthog flips and other dumb shit in halo ce.

I also remember watching the half life trailers a lot on the demo discs.

I'm convinced that the only reason why people hate Grabbed by the Ghoulies is console warrior fags mad that Rare left Nintendo.

It seems like a lot of console wars come from a certain group.

GunValkyrie
Crimson Sea
Brute Force
ToeJam & Earl 3
Spikeout: Battle Street
Unreal Championship 2 (much like Doom 64, this wasn't just a port, it was it's own full game)
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Whacked
Raze's Hell
Dead or Alive 3
Dead or Alive Ultimate
Blinx 2
Also, why do you have two copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta?

>brute force
I had Pitch Black on ps1 and Brute Force is suppose to be the sequel. I alwags see everyone mention it. Anything in paticular that makes it any good?

I haven't picked up Grabbed by The Ghoulies cause I figured I could just play it on Rare Replay. But I should just get it physical considering how cheap it is.
I have some of those games on PS2/Gamecube.
>Also, why do you have two copies of Panzer Dragoon Orta?
I found it at Goodwill. Majority of my games are from there.

>I have some of those games on PS2/Gamecube
And you should rebuy them for Xbox so you have the best versions of those games.

would be sick if microsoft realizdd their current brand is unmemorable, and bring back the older xbox style of marketing

The THPS games on Xbox are all 720p which is pretty awesome. THPS2X is awesome too and has the entirety of THPS1 in it too.

I miss custom soundtracks so much. I loved xbox for that.

> keep finding xboxs in thrift stores and recycling
> most of them are already chipped
Yet I have no fucking way to put games on the damn HDD

plug the ethernet cable into your PC?

we live in the apple generation where people would say they it's "creepy" and they feel "unsafe" using it so they're getting a ps5 instead.

NGB > DMC1 and 3. Also, it has the best version of Tenchu WoH and Onimusha 1.

user you can do that on ps4 with the built in media player, it will stay running in the background when you start a game.

I had both and love both. Gamecube had the better games, even if it was fewer.
>animal crossing, lost kingdoms, custom robo, Mario sunshine, paper Mario ttyd, smash melee, Metroid prime, re4, crystal chronicles, Luigi’s mansion, eternal darkness, pokemon, mgs twin snakes, super monkey ball, chibi robo

Might work for some of the machines my main one for sure doesn't have that option

At least back in 2013-15, someone would bring a full steel battalion setup to PAX East. By full I mean maximum amount of players. It was amazing.

I mean if you have an ethernet port, the drivers installed, and connect it right to your xbox you can get anything on there.

Because FUCK YOU. I want that crystal Xbox. Jealous...

The duke's revision was dogshit (smaller, shitty cord, awkwardly placed black/white buttons), and the d-pad is ass on both.

Super Monkey Ball is on Xbox/PS2. It's a compilation of 1&2 plus like 100 bonus levels that weren't in the GameCube versions. I don't get why people act like Super Monkey Ball 1&2 is a Gamecube exclusive when it's the version with the least content.

Attached: 5060004764990_l.jpg (339x480, 93K)

Gamecube fans are not a fan of the truth and will lie about anything they can to save face.

I'll have to look into that since I haven't done much shit with the consoles I have

Probably because that released only 8 months before the 360 released

Good thing it's backwards compatible on 360

Name 10 original Xbox exclusives that were at least 8/10 subjectively
Halo
Forza
Blind
Panzer Dragoon (I’m being generous) is all I can remember

That was supposed to say blinx the time sweeper

Don't forget Katamari Damacy

I would buy one of these just to play JSRF again. other than that though whatever

more like gaylo

crimson skies, JSRF, ninja giaden black, steel battalion, mech assault, magatama, otogi 1 & 2, phantom dust, raze's hell, crimson sea, gun valkyrie, rent-a-hero no. 1, xyanide, breakdown.

Give me 1 (one) reason why it matters.

project gotham racing
black or was it multiplat?
kotor (console ex)

and i bet there were many others, both ps2 and x had a lot of decent games back then.

Dude, it's been a decade, you don't have to do this anymore.

Blinx is fucking terrible and I don't trust anyone that says otherwise

you have shit taste, it's like not enjoying ape escape levels of shit taste.

Black was multiplat. It had a PS2 version

I've never seen any actual criticism of the Blinx games explaining why they're shit, so until then, I'll just assume that anyone calling them shit is just a console warrior that likely didn't even play them.

this is my most favorite console, so many cool games and easy to mod

This game was so fucking terrible, but I had just watched blue gender and I played the shit out of it.

I still have mine at my folks, gonna get it back now that I'm moving into a bigger place. it had a decent amount of games but it was so fucking pigfat and all the controllers and the console itself always felt so cheap and clipschy.

I didn't know there was a shenmue release, that's neat. I got JSRF for Xbox for like 2$, glad to see it's going up

Gun Valkyrie is the deepest third person shooter ever made.

anyone got a guide on how to play it properly?
i keep doing boost combos and falling because of that desu

I don't care how deep it was if It felt like ass playing it while I was in the first year of university.

Yeah, I have both OG Xbox and Rare Replay versions. If you have a psychical copy of Rare Replay you dont really need to bother with the Xbox version. The only real differences is RR is 60FPS while Xbox is 30FPS and the sound effect at the beginning of each level that plays when your amount of health is being set is different

Shenmue 2 was Xbox exclusive in North America. We never got the Dreamcast version, unlike Europe

Thanks user, though I am American too. I was extremely late to the Dreamcast party(I remember my friend dragging me to KB Toys one fall and making me buy a DC, two controllers, and two VMUs for 15$ + tax, then making it so it can run burnt CDs that he gave me a stack of)

If you find it, you should get Kung Fu Chaos. It's a really fun beat-'em-up spoofing the martial arts movie craze. You can also play with 3 friends, which makes even more entertaining.

Look at the pic again.

He has Quantum Redshift. It's in the pic.

>rational controller design

Mhhh excuse me ?

Attached: Xbox-Duke-Controller.jpg (300x254, 14K)

If you're not a manlet it's a perfect controller.

>more games than the gamecube
But were they good? Aside of "Halo and Fable only" it has about 15 good exclusives and about 10 PC-Xbox multiplats

OG Xbox was the best Xbox ever got. It had the best hardware of the generation, reasonable price, interesting exclusives, pioneered online multiplayer on consoles and basically only lost because Playstation had more momentum behind it.

Too bad all the Xboxes that came after it were trash.

Daily reminder that the XBox was a fucking low-end PC and yet because they marketed this pile of trash, Microsoft is responsible for the fucking attitude of NuGamers that LOL CONSOLES GOOD PC BAD.

quality over quantity

Still more than the cube. And yeah, they were good.

>Daily reminder that the XBox was a fucking low-end PC
All of the consoles from that gen were.

The 360 arguably had more weeb games than the OG Xbox.
>Blue Dragon
>Lost Odyssey
>Infinite Undiscovery
>Last Remnant
>Tales of Vesperia
>Chromehounds
>Cave's shmups
>ports of Treasure's games
>Idolm@ster
>Otomedius
>ports of Virtual-On
>Magna Carta 2
>Ninety-Nine Nights
>Project Sylpheed
>Spectral Force 3
>Operation Darkness
>Tenchu Z
>Bullet Witch
>Ninja Blade

360 also self-destructed 30% of the time.

The OG Xbox's clock capacitor also self-destructed 30% of the time

is the og xbox emulated properly yet?

See and

You're preaching to the converted bro. I had an Xbox, then later I got a PS2. My younger brother had a Gamecube. I just like video games my guy. I'm not into console wars like you are. That shits for virgins.

Attached: 1542429937990.jpg (637x358, 37K)

83% of the time actually

Consoles being better than PC is a timeless tradition dating back to the 80s. It's still true today, and in the ways you're thinking of "well ackchuyally" are totally irrelevant. The PC is bad, it's anti-consumer, and anti-good game.

I think I might have got more play out of my xbox than gamecube. Maybe ps2 even more. What a great gen! Having divorced parents is a great way to be an idort.

The xbox had an excellent controller but the face buttons had a tendency to wear out/go spungy. Gamecube controllers are almost indestructible but the triggers could be tiring on the fingers in a driving game like need for speed. Not to mention it only hand one bumper button.

>30%

You're not even close to the correct number. Try doubling that. It's the biggest, most pathetic blunder in all of gaming.

cnet.com/news/cnet-uks-games-console-reliability-survey-60-per-cent-of-xbox-360s-have-broken/

6th gen is objectively the best gen to go idort. If you didn't play Grandia 2 on your Dreamcast, Ninja Gaiden on your Xbox, Metroid Prime on your Gamecube, and DMC3 on your PS2, you haven't lived.

Also GBA

nah, you only needed a ps2

it worked best a media center before the HD meme took off

>swaps the ABXY button layout
>rational controller design
no

Enjoy missing out on Otogi, Project Justice, and Baten Kaitos. Also, actual good versions of MvC2, Grandia 2, RE4, Viewtiful Joe, Max Payne, and pretty much any other multiplat.

I still use the term xboxhueg from time to time

It didn't swap anything but the colors.

Attached: file.jpg (474x474, 36K)

This only matters for navigating menus. Otherwise, buttons tend to just correspond to their position on the controller rather than the letter labelled on the button. In fighting games, medium kick is the rightmost/east button. Doesn't matter if it has an A or a B or a Circle on it.

with that attitude all you need is a fucking soccer ball faggot

>Enjoy missing out on Otogi, Project Justice, and Baten Kaitos.
yeah, no problem missing out on literally who games

>I never heard of them, that means they're shit!
When did Yea Forums decide that flaunting your own ignorance is considered a good thing?

Since phoneposters invaded it.

you said enjoy missing out on them, i literally never heard of them so i already missed out and dont care because ps2 had everything else

Joystick and dpad placement still carried over to current gen controllers and still shits on the dualshock

it was also better than the ps2... whats your point?

Not quite, but the Xbox is definitely a system worth the time.

Nice try MVG

Ps4 cant read cds

Have you played it? The ps2 and Xbox controllers have so much dead space in the sticks it makes playing this extremely difficult. You might as well consider it a GC exclusive.

Ninja Gaiden Black, Otogi, Silent Hill 2, etc.

At least the PS2/Xbox analog sticks aren't surrounded by retarded octagonal gates that restrict your full 360 degrees of motion

also cube has no pressure sensitive buttons.

That doesnt makes sense as it actually comes in handy in this game making sure your going in an exactly straight line.
Good. Triggers need to be that way. Not face buttons.

>Not face buttons.
Everything benefits from it.

The Wii also had more games than the GameCube, so does a mobile phone. The controller for the Wii was simple and easy for anyone to use and had really fun coop you could play with family or friends. Doesn't make it better than the gamecube

They still do user.

>Doesn't make it better than the gamecube
Even if you don't count the gamecube library, the wii library trumps the cube. The fact you can play the cube library on the wii makes the cube even more relevant. It's just such a piece of shit. No wonder mario's a plumber.

Fucking brainlet.

Not games with digital inputs. All controllers with pressure-sensitive buttons need them to be pressed all the way down in those games for them to recognize inputs.

Assymetrical sticks were a mistake.

Xbox was for hardcore gamers desu.

I got into xbox at launch. This place is full of clueless children. Gaming was def just a casual interest if you were over 12 and didnt have an og xbox in 2001-2004

>All controllers with pressure-sensitive buttons need them to be pressed all the way down in those games for them to recognize inputs.
blatant disinfo from someone who has never used a ps2, xbox, ps3. The controllers register an input in an 8-bit value from 1-255. If the dev sets the input registry value to 1 threshold, it'll register

Leave the propaganda to neofag.

>Xbox and Xbox 360 have tons of neato games
>The Xbox One has literally two games
How is it possible to drop the ball this hard?

Attached: 1407257353196.jpg (300x300, 12K)

Remedy and Insomnia put out two turds for big name devs. Xbix lost any internet console warrior battles whdn they started porting everything to pc.

You can do the same picture with PS2>PS3>PS4 and GC>Wii-who>Switch
Last great gen full of exclusives was 6th gen

>Microsoft is responsible for the fucking attitude of NuGamers that LOL CONSOLES GOOD PC BAD.
Why do you cucks blame everything on them and not Snoy?