Go to arcade

>go to arcade
>play some games for a bit
>realize that I could play better video games at home

No wonder arcades died out. Why bother hanging on to them?

Attached: Dave_&_Buster's_video_arcade.jpg (1280x960, 229K)

Your arcade didn't have any fightan and if it did, you came at a time where it wasn't busy.

I want to invest in an arcade. Are they really dead?

>2019
>not buying arcade machines and having your own arcade in your house

Go to some arcades in Japan and play some fighting games, then you'll understand how they can be so good.

>Dave and Busters
>arcade
nigga, thats some normie tier arcade
look for a comfy, local nostalgia arcade to rekindle that flame.
pic related is a pinball arcade near me.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1100x600, 169K)

Attached: APM.jpg (1024x593, 254K)

>No Time Crisis
>No Sound Voltex
>No DDR
>No F-Zero AX
Nah bruv

Pick the right spot and you're fine. For a sole purpose "arcade" to survive you'd need a density of population and a scarcity of electronic entertainment, eg -
> Tourist locations
> Transit hubs
> Low income areas

Or perhaps better nowadays, run a combination bar / arcade (barcade?) to sell as more of an experience which people will travel to and forego their own consoles etc for. The other option coming up now with the price and space needed for a home setup would be VRcades.

That looks like the Drake and Josh arcade.

investing in an arcade is dead. Investing in an "arcade" with an esports area and hosting weekly tournaments in it is the way to go.

>Playing Onions Voltex
Gas yourself m8

>paying money per match for games that are already on console

>Not getting a win streak so you don't have to pay more than the 100 yen while amassing a hyped crowd behind you while you play
Ask me how I know you're free as fuck

American arcades are fucking terrible

Only things I can find to play at the fucking Dave and Busters are a Tekken 4/Tag Tournament cabinet and DDR
No one really comes up to me to play some tekken
The DDR machine is ALWAYS fucking occupied by a huge fucking crowd
I think there was a Donkey Kong Jr. machine but I could easily play all those at home
Wish I lived in a place that had some tournaments or something
Nothing beats playing some fightan with people while knocking back some drinks and sharing tech

false actually, i found an arcade in miami that absolutely blew my mind when i visited. i checked the website and it had just about anything and everything a man could wish for in it, and then when i went there, i was blown away even further because i found machines that weren't listed on there either, like a guilty gear xrd rev 2 machine imported from japan. The fact that you jump to this goes to show that you're a weeb who doesn't go out to arcades and would rather shitpost and spew false notions, so kindly go back to shitting on your body pillow printed with your shit tier waifu.

because i dont have slanty eyes

The point of arcades were to let people play vidya that they couldn't at home because they lacked the console and/or game. This was back when most people didn't own a console. Nowadays everybody does so it seems pointless.

Ironically, there is something today that would absolutely be perfect for modern arcades, VR. Most people don't own a VR headset. Being able to go into an arcade full of VR games might resurrect the arcade industry as well as bring VR into mainstream popularity. The biggest problem with this is that arcade cabinets are sturdy and can take a beating, VR headsets are a more delicate piece of equipment. If you can figure out a way to keep retarded kids from breaking that shit, you'd be sitting on a potential gold mine.

Attached: 1565309910958.gif (400x390, 2.68M)

>false actually
no, its really not retard

Attached: 8d3aba820c8b58de25b9dcb41ba7f813722dee848935b39bcd4ec1aa93c9c6ea.gif (330x566, 768K)

I agree that barcades are the safest option nowadays, you need to create a social enviroment where people can actually stay instead of just playing a few quarters and leave. Having a dedicated place for drinks and meals and maybe unlimited plays for a certain amount of time sounds more attractive as a gathering place. Add console renting and weekly tournaments and you could end with a very popular spot and in the case it becomes popular, streaming tournaments could give it a huge push.

>One of the most popular cities in the world has a good arcade so it speaks for the rest of the country

>one good aracade in one city invalidates all the shitty arcades in every other America city
Okay retard.

gotta include beers and food or else I'm not buying also no phone game memery dave and busters already has that market corner. It needs to be 1 part arcase, 1 part foods, 1 part esports. So basically get a warehouse and insurance and licenses. for alcohol and to kill. and security.

yes it does, because there's also several others in america, at least one in each state that has what anyone is looking for, ANYTHING. I like how many weebs i triggered by merely stating the facts.

You new gen missed the times where chuck e cheese actually had arcade cabinets worth playing like the 4-player simpsons arcade game, avengers, and teenage mutant ninja turtles and many more great ones.

Shit would be stolen within a day

japan has nothing but pachinko machines, fighting game machines are already dead in japan, don't even try to make the argument that they haven't.

Do you know how big America is?
>at least one in each state
give me one arcade for all 50 states and one for Puerto Rico, too

What's the best arcade in Wyoming?

Here in Mexico some plazas have small spots where people can play VR games for like half an hour. Unfortunately they look more like generic tech demos but kids still like the novelty. The thing would be finding actual good games that take advantage of VR and maybe add stuff like multiplayer.

Nigger, this isn't about Japan at all so stop putting stupid shit in your head.

>weebs

Attached: 1500609794771.png (644x644, 936K)

For me, it's Fast & Furious

Attached: file.png (963x1280, 2.06M)

You could always take precautions. Bag checks, surveillance cameras, needing to be a registered member to enter the arcade, find some way to tether the headset to a 'VR cabinet' to make it impossible to steal without breaking something. I dunno, man. People can get creative.

Can you exchange that time spent playing at home for a cool spider ring?

Thank you. I'm actually not in the US, and where I live electronics and consoles are expensive, so most people can't afford them. Of course, I will need to conduct local research to finally invest, but I think a barcade with local tournaments is a great idea. I hope I can get my hands on the new guilty gear though I assume it will be expensive as fuck to import.