Demon Souls now playable on PC!

youtube.com/watch?v=5oBSR5fAyTU

Attached: demons-souls-thumb.jpg (350x350, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.rpcs3.net/thread-177110-post-306210.html#pid306210
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/K6OPHB-gSCaXrUXPtH-9cg/
youtube.com/watch?v=XGXHrmfQrzs
files.catbox.moe/57il9s.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the first time any souls game has ever reached 120fps

What a timeline

Attached: 1517912293757.png (1085x1217, 1.66M)

What settings do i need to get started with this? Just downlaoded rpcs3 and the demon souls iso

does anyone even have a 144hz display?

Never really was interested in this game because it looks pretty bad and it's basically Dark Souls prototype but that's cool

did they fix stuff like the invisible shields, weird sun glare and fucked shadows on the wall-lizard things?

hopefully I can run this at 60fps 1080p with a Vega 56 and Ryzen 3600

>need a $1000 PC to run a 2009 game at 60 fps
Yeah cool, when are they going to patch intense audio stutter in the very same game that still doesn't have a solution? They sure got their priorities right.

some HD fonts too:
forums.rpcs3.net/thread-177110-post-306210.html#pid306210

Attached: guLzz7a.jpg (2560x1440, 2.16M)

Just play it on ps3, servers still exist for it

here, I have two

Attached: speccy.png (618x417, 20K)

Could someone run the textures through an AI filter and got upscaled stuff?

See >Unfortunately the game will load indefinitely if the files that contain textures are too big, which means other UI and menu stuff can't be done, and these fonts can only be 1440p sized and not 4k sized. I don't think this is really fixable, and the only solution is if RPCS3 supports loading custom textures like Dolphin or PPSSPP.

Mine broke a long time ago and I'm not going to buy an old console just to play one game.

>can someone remove the soul from the game
no

I thought the servers were taken down?

It won't feel the same on pc

I agree, it will feel better

AI upscaled textures can look great, as long as you don't upscale them too much, and don't try to upscale extremely low resolution stuff.

Attached: Untitled.png (2180x1450, 2.24M)

Fuck yeah I was looking for a reason to replay this again.
Post some Demon's Souls art/memes while I slog through this installation process

Attached: Demon_889991_5932221.jpg (736x1033, 230K)

Private ones exist. I haven't tried it, but maybe the emu can connect to it? Would be amazing if so.

It runs like shit on my PC (around 14 fps).
Do not fall for the bait videos.

Could have just bought a used ps3 and used game and played it years ago.

Finally. A non-subhuman framerate.

Runs at 120 fps on my machine, seems like a personal problem.

PC always wins baby
WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT

>wasting hundreds of dollars on ONE game
No way, fag.

Fucking how? It was said literally week ago it's not possible.

I'm happy for you pcbros, God knows how desperate you lot are for games.

PS3 has other good exclusives you know?
Infamous games haven't got re-released yet

Do you think that people who have never played this game are actually excited to play it?
No user, it's people who actually played Demon's Souls that are trying so hard and enjoying it at its best
Sony are just losing out by not making a remaster of this, people just want a working online with decent FPS for this

Not sure if I want to play this again. Does it even have co-op?

They haven't fixed those yet, no.

How much does Sony pays you? Or are you just trying to justify your console purchase?

>Demon Souls now playable on PC!
at 60 4K 60FPS*
It's been playable for more than a year

>it's basically Dark Souls prototype
fucking kys

What the FUCK am I supposed to do here?

Attached: rpcs3_2019_08_12_20_32_30_821.png (1920x1080, 2.78M)

It's been playable in default 30FPS for quite a while now. They just patched it now to work with 60/120FPS

get down there and kill him you pussy

Attached: 4418217820_669726a5d6.jpg (362x343, 38K)

Attack him until he's dead

IT WASN'T MEANT TO BE EXPERIENCED IN HIGH FIDELITY WITH ACCEPTABLE FRAMERATES CENSOR THIS RIGHT NOOOOOOOOOOOW!

it's the best Souls yet

It's like Dark Souls but good

lel I wasn't even an adult when I finished this game, but better late than never, right?

Oh boi, I can wait for all those new rants about flamefucker, maneaters and Yurt.
You know the nameless giant/Yhorm?
Yeah, like that.

it's the Dark Souls of the Dark Souls franchise

And you're still not an adult now. I've played it once on my shitty ps3 and now I'll play it in better quality on my shitty ps3 emulator, thanks. Or are you saying Sony exclusives aren't worth a second playthrough?

Hit it till it dies

I already beat it in 2010 but that's what i do like about emulators. They preserve the games for years to come long after the consoles leave the market.

Emulators are important.

Attached: 374847262837.jpg (2560x1920, 1.72M)

based nigger

>WE WAIT FOR WHAT WE WANT
Fixed!

>implying that the folks who will play this, haven't already played years ago

And souls 3?

>PCJews struggling with Tower Knight
TOP KEK
PCJews are so bad at games. Can't even beat DS1 without modded health and adding extra bonfires in hard areas.

So I checked this a while ago on my i5-3570K, GTX1070, 8GB RAM with already compiled shaders. I tested only Boletarian Palace (the most resource-heavy area in the game) and I'm surprised that it *almost* works. I get mostly around 45-50FPS (which makes it unplayable because the game works in slowmo then) but when I get 60FPS sometimes (like 25% of the time, in some 1-1 areas and the Nexus) it plays really great.
Anyway, how's the 60FPS patch for Persona 5?

So is this patch just intrinsically built into the latest rpcs3 release?

You have to apply it yourself, check blog on RPCS3 website.

are you ok sonybro?

I want to buy a PS3 to play this, Splatterhouse and some other games. Is that dumb? How much money is just enough?

Attached: cute1.jpg (500x750, 68K)

i have 2 x 32 inch 144 hertz 1440p displays. they are okay, va panels i got cheap from microcenter. it's at least enough till i get a bigger gaming area and can upgrade.

>you can play it in 60 fps 2160p
>I want to buy a PS3 to play it in 720p at 30 fps w/ dips

are you perchance clinically retarded?

Emulation isn't forever as the emuparadise stuff a while back proved, and I want to be sure that I won't be denied access. I know there's a workaround script, but all the same a bigger push might come up and all of it is gone in a poof.

he's right though.

>this is the modern souls audience
Let that sink in

But can it run a constant 30 fps on a non overclocked i5 CPU processor?

The blog says it only works with the disc version, is that them covering their asses or does the iso actually not work with this?

I still love playing through Demon's Souls.
Playing Dark Souls right after it made Dark Souls feel like a rush job with everything half finished to get a multiplatform copy out quickly.
I remember when it first came out they couldn't even figure out proper english for the victory and death texts they hastily redid.

>invisible shield
hehe

I do

>Emulation isn't forever as the emuparadise stuff a while back proved
ur dumb. Sites like those are just a frontend for the scene, just one or two people taking already preexisting collections and and making a site. They don't actually do anything but provide a download, and as soon as one goes down another will take its place. the actual dumping, cataloging and sharing of piracy scenes is a huge multifaceted anonymous backend that endusers will never see, and that's never been touched by any lawyer and never will be.

DS isn't finished either. Just look at the broken archstone.

Don't you have other threads to derail?

It's patching an address in the main executable, so it will only work on the specific version it's made for.

>tfw just finished NG+ two weeks ago after all the problems of the latest (at the time) release
I hope I can patch this on 0.0.5 because any later version is unstable

It still didn't feel as rushed though, Dark Souls gave up on the final few zones and left them half done even.
Was disappointed they decided not the finish it when rereleasing it.

>I hope I can patch this on 0.0.5
Nope, they added a setting recently to change the clock scale and vblank rate that this relies on, so older versions wont work.

Tried months ago and didnt go well. Should downloads everything again?

Fuck shit
On the late July releases I kept getting nasty black flickering and crashes when returning to the Nexus. Hope it's just magic regressions that caused it that are fixed now

>now playable
Nig I played it like 2 years ago

>Never really was interested in this game because it looks pretty bad and it's basically Dark Souls prototype but that's cool

Attached: 1564419994040.jpg (700x734, 80K)

SOUL

Attached: Pottery.png (668x441, 434K)

>4K 120FPS on the PS3

fucking retard

I fucking love when niggers do that to trigger the unironic racists kek

You love when people spam the same shit over and over again endlessly? You legit have autism then.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/K6OPHB-gSCaXrUXPtH-9cg/

>only 109
I've seen worse

HA
HA HA HA HA

I instantly heard it, you fucking soul of the mind

Attached: 1562979259127.webm (870x858, 2.65M)

>leave nexus
>come back
>Maiden in Black is sitting at the arch stone waiting
Nice.

Attached: 1549639653786.png (1220x638, 1.14M)

You literally won't see the difference because the assets are old af. What's your point?

BASED fucking retard

That's not how it works.
The assets are good, it's the hardware that was holding it back

How the fuck was the hardware "holding it back"? It was made with that exact hardware in mind, fine tuned for it.

I do. Was worth every penny

>compiling shaders
>compiling shaders
>compiling shaders
>compiling shaders
no thanks

I wanna punch you right in your stupid face

blessed posts

>mfw i spoiled myself everything about this game through videos because i never thought i'd get to play it as a pc-only fag/never gave the game much thought
>now see little point to ever play it
i fucked up bros

Attached: aaa 3.gif (404x347, 1.4M)

So does it just work or do I need to install extra plugins or something?

My friend favorite game is Dark Souls and yet he spoiled every single other souls game for himself by watching streamers and speedrunners all day. Because he's spoiled every souls game for himself he hasn't touched a single one outside of DaS.

Attached: Feel18.jpg (500x636, 47K)

>try the beloved Dragon Bone Smasher i've heard so much about
>has hyperarmour on like 2 fucking moves out of entire moveset
>normal R1s are so slow and easy to interrupt you're literally better off just doing 2h running attacks
At least greataxes have really good moveset i guess.

Attached: 1562896604459.jpg (542x542, 25K)

>tfw I will never get to just play this game in a blind run, experiencing it fully
>I will never get to the final boss of the Valley, hear that music, listen to their words in person and not through some youtube video
I have been robbed, robbed by my own foolishness

Attached: 1505713579648.jpg (515x600, 79K)

why would anyone get triggered by this

just kill yourself autismo sissyboy.

>tfw completely blind and unspoiled
sucks 2 b u

Attached: gothgf.png (873x713, 670K)

can you just stop being black please, it's gross

no u

Attached: darkshine.jpg (640x640, 114K)

but its been playable on pc for like 2 years are you really this late to the party

Yes?

Just installed it but I can't press ok at this screen. What should I do?

Attached: Capture5897789.png (1298x763, 49K)

it's a dark souls boss
tickle him until he dies

what would I need to play in 60fps 1080P? I have an rx580 and an I52500k

That's why I stopped myself from watching anything about the game despite knowing I'll probably never play it. Now I'm playing it and I'm glad.

Also spoiled myself on a lot of things about Bloodborne but playing it myself some years later I discovered a lot of less discussed things and it was still really enjoyable.

>assets affect FPS
are you legit braindead?

Have you even seen the comparisons?
You can even look at the screenshots here and see which ones are from the PS3 at 720p and which are 4k/1080p ones

How does it run for you on boletaria palace? Framerate drops as soon as a look at the castle with a 3700x

>lying on the goddamn internet

check the controller options. Its set to detect PS3 ones by default. You gotta switch to xinput if you are using an xbox controller.

Go back to the nexus and sniff the Maiden's feet.

Attached: Demons Souls maiden yogurt.png (383x453, 108K)

Attached: Demons Souls4.jpg (750x3216, 857K)

>You gotta switch to xinput if you are using an xbox controller
Already done that but it didn't work so I restarted the emulator and it worked.

>muh 4k
Why does it even matter? It's a PS3 game, you won't see any difference.

Based I say

Are you literally being serious?

youtube.com/watch?v=XGXHrmfQrzs

You have to be actually blind to not see the difference. It's not about MUH GRAPHICS here, it's about actually looking as it was always intended to look, not even creating any new assets, just allowing the enhancement of the current ones

it is tho and i like it.

I loved how broken you could be in this game, all difficulty pretty much ends if you're a magic user and get that spell which does AOE fire damage.

SOUL

>DeS man has given up completely, in utter defeat
>DaS is in a similar position but clings onto that last bit of hope, seeking a light at the end of the tunnel
This is genuinely beautiful. Anyone have these two box arts in a higher res?

Anyone tried out the patch yet? I tried installing it by following the instructions but I'm retarded and now the game is running in slow motion.

Works for me. Check if you have the PSN version of DeS, the patch only works for disc ripped copies of the game atm.

>tfw missed the heyday of DeS because I was too much of a pussy to play it

Attached: 1488607381230.jpg (1520x1604, 171K)

Ah I see what I did wrong now. I fucked up the config file and just pasted the new values in instead of changing the ones already there because they didn't show up when I did a ctrl f. Looks like it's working fine now.

Yes

Yup and it's hard going back to 60fps let alone 30.

This mean it's time to bring the salt back? I still have my messages from the short time I used Scraping Spear all those years ago.

Attached: 1287371228385.jpg (700x1653, 334K)

Does it even have multiplayer?
If not, that's sad

Attached: demonssouls_mainart_2.jpg (2700x3300, 1.18M)

ew a nigger
pozzed games

RPS3 says "boot successful" for demons souls but nothing is starting. any help?

Attached: 07.jpg (2421x3479, 3.23M)

кинo

Attached: JeNPG.png (477x3406, 41K)

>apply patch
>runs twice as slow now
Why me

Ok it's only in fullscreen
But now I just have a black screen after 5 seconds of gameplay

Used PS3s are easily below $100 and Demon souls is like $15. You could definitely get both for less than a hundred.

Damn only took like twenty years

Did you change the config file?

Ah yes, playable
Because gook moot is a kike and image blocked my IP range files.catbox.moe/57il9s.webm
Yeah, I think FreeSync is fucking things up, only in fullscreen it'll run twice as slow
As for this black flickering I've tried everything when I played a few weeks ago to get rid of it on 0.0.6 and nothing fixed it

Attached: 1565237165307.jpg (1024x784, 248K)

I did the same with Bloodborne, never thinking I'd get a PS4. Then someone else in the house does. It didn't affect my enjoyment of the game at all, even if I knew some solutions/paths. At least I did DLC blind.

To go further, I was a casual faggot who used a guide with DeS, DS 1 and 2 as well. Still enjoyed those games a lot. I know the proper way is to go blind, to get lost and explore, forge your own path and tell your own story. I missed out on that aspect of Souls and I'll hate that casual scrub of years past for ruining so many games.

>Paying around 100 bucks to play Demon Souls on a PS3

I can’t even get this to run without freezing on my i5 6500, and someone runs it at 120 already wtf

Begone heretic

Well, guess I have no excuse anymore

This one seems to be missing a lot of detail. I either find ones that are too brightened or barely visible.

That's what it looks like on the Design Works artbook. A good quality digital version would be nice.

The human eye can't see faster than 90 frames per second, so I'm gonna say emphatically "no".

Good enough for me to do a mockup box art to put it right next to my Japanese DeS. Thanks user.

Along with the tens of other games exclusive to the console you may enjoy...
I swear to god, you fags don't even like video games.

Ok. But the real question. Is there any possibility for online to come back?

You could unlock Sekiro on launch, so no.

Sekiro isn't a Souls game fampai