What is the vidya equivalent of the third impact

What is the vidya equivalent of the third impact.

Attached: end-of-evangelion-br-1561679366459.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMwi5E3qRnI&feature=youtu.be
youtube.com/watch?v=YgEg8kXmifo
m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnUI2WQJ5c
youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk
nyaa.si/view/958639
wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:List_of_Common_Misconceptions#The_Asuka-Rei-Misato_amalgamation
youtube.com/watch?v=MtGrBQuNy8s
youtu.be/rHIvs0Q-uKI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The ending of Drakengard 1. Alternatively, the ending of Drakengard 3.

Did you watch the perfect 100GB+ rendition of evangelion, Yea Forums? Or did you settle for a subpar version?

mine is 10GB lole

I hate Evangelion so goddamn much

Attached: 1565597133142.png (701x592, 15K)

Unironically, the ending of Ace Combat Zero.
>"I am experiencing pain as a soldier due to conflict and misunderstanding and inability to take control of the situation"
>"I resolve to eliminate borders between soldiers and nations, and reset the world to Zero"
>"Ah shit this didn't exactly work, removing borders is useless - people just need to trust each other."

Didn't Kom Susser Tod play on this site when Facebook bought Oculus? So that.

I used 2D4U, which is like 70gb. But I also coaxed that encoder into doing it on Yea Forums so I was obliged, more or less.

But why? Tell me why?

Transistor
The Talos Principle DLC

Attached: transistor2.png (1366x768, 625K)

2deep4u

It was a waste of time to watch it and I swallow the verse of "muuh deep".

Attached: 1565596077017.png (609x370, 134K)

Anita's involvement in videogames.

Reminder that overrated =/= bad.
EVA is overrated as all hell, but it IS a good anime regardless.

>Didn't Kom Susser Tod play on this site when Facebook bought Oculus? So that.

It's played for a number of events. I remember it like a decade ago being played for some reason or other.

No for me, i hate it, it's not deep, the characters are boring, i am not attracted to the plot and less the personal conflicts of the characters . Maybe i'm a retard or i don't like anime, maybe both.

Well, I'm both retarded and I don't like a lot of anime, but I still kinda liked it, even if I thought it wasn't all that.
Maybe we just all have different tastes and the quality of a piece of media is determined by one's personal enjoyment of it rather than a measurable, objective level of merit.

Attached: 6d9.jpg (900x684, 58K)

Attached: file.png (1280x905, 1.29M)

Sin and Punishment
the entire japan is flooded by the boss blood

Attached: Ruffian.jpg (300x225, 27K)

Yeah... maybe we live in a society

Persona 2: Innocent Sin.
It also involves the Spear of Longuinus.

Attached: 1505210248356.png (500x330, 189K)

>Contrived ending rushed out the door
>Illusion of choice
>Seemingly impossible odds until Deus Ex Machina comes while everyone's dying left and right
Seems about right

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

I guess this counts too:
youtube.com/watch?v=IMwi5E3qRnI&feature=youtu.be

Funny how one of the few decent EVA fanfics involves Gordon Freeman being semi-responsible of the Second Impact.

What is the vidya equivalent of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei?

Attached: despair.webm (704x396, 115K)

:(

Attached: Brad.png (100x155, 2K)

Not sure how this hadn't occurred to me.

the original ffiv

I watched it on Nextflix, mexican dub. I liked it.

Literally FFXIV 1.0 ending.
youtube.com/watch?v=YgEg8kXmifo

>"Ah shit this didn't exactly work, removing borders is useless - people just need to trust each other."
But he realized this after 6 years

Final Fantasy VII's ambiguous ending, before the compilation sequels ruined it.

Attached: vukloojuckslmtavshhh.webm (800x346, 1.29M)

I remember it playing in 2015 when some random cuck left the position of Yea Forums admin to hiroshimoot. who was it again?

>tfw you will never be lovingly embraced after choking the shit out of your waifu

Attached: DEC226F6-BF6F-439B-93D7-C9BAC58DFAE3.gif (300x170, 584K)

>Did you watch the perfect rendition of evangelion
I watched Sephirotic's version, yes.

Why did Shinji try to choke Asuka?

Just because he came to terms with what "not running away" really means and decided to allow humanity to make the choice to accept reality, doesn't means he is still sound of mind.

It was a dark day for valvefags everywere.

Evangelion is overrated garbage fuck you evageeks

would you have stayed in the tang?

No. Tang is only a solution to sadness in the same way suicide is.

Fuck that shit, it'd be like being physically stuck inside /r9k/ for all eternity.

Why can you only discuss this cartoon on Yea Forums seriously?

Becuase Yea Forums just waifufags over a show that makes fun of you for waifufagging. It's like getting annoyed you play as Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2, just absolutely missing the point.

Attached: 1565320668451.jpg (2048x1152, 310K)

There are more chances to find and bitchslap whoever made it if I go outside.

On a thread on Yea Forums right now. Can confirm it as true.

You can talk about it on Yea Forums fine too.
It's really just Yea Forums that can't. I suppose you could argue that Eva is the antithesis to Yea Forums as a whole, but that doesn't excuse just how fucking stupid its posters are.

No, I dont wanna be any closer to you guys than I already am.

Waifufagging is such a cancer upon the anime industry and this site aswell. It consists of fools getting lost in the media they consume and people who lack any social interaction desperately trying to run away from their isolation. It's just not healthy.

Attached: 1565390291585.jpg (768x1024, 81K)

>Final Fantasy VII's ambiguous ending,

Attached: WTF am i reading.jpg (215x301, 27K)

...bad rats...think about it...

At least we know who will be stuck in the tang.

i mean all you really saw was a flash of light, and then it jumps to 500 years later, midgar is a grown over wreck, and only red is still around.

yes and I even watched it with mpv

What makes Evangelion on-topic for Yea Forums and Yea Forums?

>who was it again?

I can't remember, some tranny.

>Why did Shinji try to choke Asuka?
The first time? Insanity. The second time, because he'd spent months (enough time for the cross nails and Eva series to rust) surviving in an empty, bleak, dead sea hellscape without a single other person and she was the first other person she saw. He presumably thinks she is another hallucination. When she gives him some much needed affection he realises that she's real and how fucked he is.

Attached: 1449112319118.png (480x270, 62K)

I don't watch eva cuz it be gay

Attached: A-281889-1519333384-6604.jpeg.jpg (600x774, 146K)

They can actually discuss things like: themes, hidden messages and the context of which the product was created under. Those boards are pretty shitty most of the time, but every now and them something special gets rolling. Yea Forums mostly just talks about underage highschool girls feet, highschool girls who will never and have never existed.

Bugenhagen:
>Holy... the ultimate White Magic. Magic that might stand against Meteor.
>Perhaps our last hope to save the planet from Meteor.
>If a soul seeking Holy reaches the planet, it will appear.
>Ho Ho Hooo
>Meteor, Weapon, everything will disappear.
>Perhaps, even ourselves.
Cloud
>Even us!?
Bugenhagen
>It is up to the planet to decide.
>What is best for the planet. What is bad for the planet.

But the ending clearly shows Holy working without a single people dying from it

>context of which the product was created under
I know the creator was having depression when he made Evangelion. There's something else I am missing?

Why would the writers suggest that Holy might kill all of humanity? Did you see any humans after the blinding flash of light after Holy and the Lifestream destroyed Meteor? Do you think there's a reason it was written so that they suggest this event might eradicate humans, while intentionally showing future events without any humans around?

The simple high-school-tier analysis here is that the message is that the Planet's survival is what's most important. That's what the cast was always fighting for - the survival of the Lifestream and the Planet. That's what Aerith sacrificed her life for, what the cast was willing to die for: they still sought out Holy even after being told by Bugenhagen all humans could die. The game's ending wisely focused on the Planet's survival, if they gave an answer to humanity's fate then it would center the story on humanity, which would work against the game's message.

Mother 3

Attached: c74lZE.gif (400x267, 1.59M)

/r/ing the version of this pic with minecraft steve in the background. Funny that you posted this today.

EGM: At the very end of FFVII, we see the epilogue to the whole story that takes place 500 years later, so really, you still have another 497 years’ worth of games and movies to fill in....
YK: Ha, maybe I’ll try to do that. In a way, I consider that epilogue to be the true happy ending of FFVII. Well, it’s a happy ending even though all the human beings are destroyed. [Laughs]

SMT IV's law and neutral endings

What if you could freely go between reality and the Tang dimension on command? I know that's not how it works, but just imagine freely gaining the ability to jerk off to as many comatose bodies as you want, just Tang out before anyone notices, and go back to reality in a different location.

Usually I ignore posts like this, but it's finally gotten to me. This shit is the fucking filler of Yea Forums. Why do these normalniggers feel like they have to made a shitty ebonics post with a Reddit/Tumblr-tier unfunny NPC reaction image that adds absolutely NOTHING to the conversation. This is a recent phenomenon, I dont remember when this shit started showing up but it wasnt always here. Fucking kys no one likes you, it's an anonymous image board and this will be the only (you) ever seen on one of these posts. Die in a fire.

Attached: 1562953700342.jpg (770x435, 51K)

Okay, maybe I'm more retarded than I thought.

All I know about this anime is that its super pretentious 2-deep-4-u

It's actually straight foward. It's about Depression and self worth. The human instrumentality project is essentially a metaphor for sucide.

You're not wrong, but it's still worth a watch

All of the normalniggers in this thread: dont watch Eva. Just keep it in your head as the "ebic DEEP anime" with the funny meme Corey in the house anime opening. Stay the fuck away from good entertainment. Continue to just play fortnite and watch capeshit. And get the fuck off my website.

i never got this, it's fairly easy to figure out.
anybody who probably thought that was probably 12 when they first watched it like i expect most people were.

It's not exactly "deep". You're supposed to feel and empathize in reaction to it. It doesn't really require lots of analysis, just let yourself follow along with an artistic expression of depression. If you resist opening yourself up to the work and focus on what's narratively going on and trying to make literal sense of it, it won't really work out (not because it's "random", but because the plot doesn't really matter compared to exploring how depression effects people).

It's only 2deep4u if you've never felt like blowing your own brains out.

Yes thanks for reminding me where my hard drive space went

the actual story is straightforward and almost cringy really but the fans are pretentious and over analyze everything about it

Attached: eva fans.png (961x735, 778K)

Any of you ever watched that film Anno directed about schoolgirl prostitutes? I heard that was pretty good. He got pretty weird after Eva.

The only anime I've watched where I genuinely felt like it was being pretentious, like the actually definition of the word, was Ego Proxy.

Fuck Ego Proxy

Only retards think this

have you watched lain?

This is what I don't get about this website. Why the fuck do you think you can tell people what to entertain themselves with? Why is it your job to keep people from doing something they unironically enjoy. I despise normalfags and zoomers as much as anyone else on Yea Forums, but I just leave them alone. Why can't you do that? Why can't you, as well as hundreds of your ilk just grow up and accept that you can't prevent others from doing things you don't want them to do?

tl;dr Grow up, faggot

Attached: Consider.png (1081x790, 775K)

I watched everything on Netflix
Haven't seen the remade episodes yet

didn't read
seethe and cope you capeshitting zoomer

You just know.

Attached: Death-Stranding-logo.jpg (1920x1080, 823K)

>couldn't understand eva
>all the exposition came from pseudo-religious rants from people who seemed to be either insane, interpreting things to fit their agenda, or just didn't have all the facts
Was this intentional?

Either the activation of the lambs' secret gene or the resurrection of Deus in Xenogears

Thanks for reminding me I still need to play these games

Is this close enough?

Attached: NILS.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Probably. The games have the actual exposition for the series and it's all pretty boring sounding. The whole story kicks off with ayy lmaos throwing eggs into space with two different type of egg landing on earth accidentally. That's why there's both humans and angels on earth.
I imagine Anno wrote that and then thought "Nah this is mad gay how about I turn this mecha show into a shoujo for shits and giggles, tell these obsessed otaku fucks to go outside and get a girlfriend"

The only thing I didn't understand was why SEELE attacked NERV. They all wanted the third impact to happen so what was their beef? Was it because Gendo wanted to be the one to initiate it? Why would that even matter?

Seele wanted to combine all the human LCL into one organism that they controlled. Gendo just wanted to be with Yui so he just wanted them all to chill in the LCL, and Yui/Shinji's version lets you leave the LCL if you want.

Disappearance of the Dwemer

Except they couldn't do backsies and was fuelled by materialism in a world of idealism
Hell Numidium and Akulakhan are even biomechas

Attached: numidium c0da 1.jpg (997x964, 249K)

Sephirotic has the best version, god bless that man

Becuase they no longer needed Nerv and members of Nerv were against Human instrumentality, not all but some. On top of that the children were a big risk to the project so they had to be killed.

Nocturnal ending of Pathologic 2

They were all pretty stoked when they got turned into goo though
I can see the pilots being risks, but its my understanding that very few people in NERV knew about Instrumentality.

depends on the media.
one thing says that they just want instrumentality for themselves and they planned to go inside eva 01 and become some immortal timeless being

Gendo's actions are all for the purpose of reuniting with Yui. Somehow this contradicts SEELE's plan, though I'm not 100% certain why. If Gendo's plan had worked, instead of giant naked Rei tanging everyone in EoE, you'd have giant naked Gendo doing it instead. That film is already weird enough without that happening.

>giant naked Gendo

Attached: 1368317195031.jpg (410x369, 46K)

I've watched it on Netflix so I will guess it was the 100GB

>Somehow this contradicts SEELE's plan, though I'm not 100% certain why.
You are talking about a sect that messed up mankind's history since the (Dark) Middle Ages and wanted to become Tang Gods above the filthy peseant tang of everyone else.

>100GB
Wait, do torrentfags actually go through that big of a download for one series? This is the supposed 'master race' of watching animus?

Where can I get that

EVANGELION THE GAME N64 REEE

I torrented the version that used the broadcast tapes themselves where you can see the tape they used to splice the film cels together.

>transistor
Oh shit you're right

Attached: 1562613971570.png (300x329, 226K)

Never watched the rebuilds, what exactly is the point of them? I heard they're remakes but that they deviate from the original plot, and Anno just makes them to spite the fans even though they have a gorillion dollar eye candy animation fron what I've gathered. Are they worth a watch?

>the point of them
Fanservice and good music

The first is just a straight remake of the first 8 or so eps of the TV series. The second is like a version of Eva if Shinji stopped crying and just got in the robot. The third is a baffling slap in the face that caused Anno to get depression again.

>The only thing I didn't understand was why SEELE attacked NERV

They rightly suspected that Gendo's own plans didn't align up with theirs. Gendo wanted to do it in a way that would allow him to be with Yui again, while SEELE wanted the form of the Human Instrumentality Project to mean that everyone would be together.

It's explained elsewhere that Yui's plan literally involves getting shoved inside of the LCL in Unit 01 to be with Yui, which would conflict with SEELE's own plans involving the Eva series mass produced ones.

>caused Anno to get depression again.
Hopefully he stays that way, the 4th rebuild might actually be worth watching.

>third is a baffling slap in the face that caused anno to get depression again
Well shit now you got my attention, torrenting now

>That Kaworu boss

global cease fire in mgs4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LNnUI2WQJ5c

Ever heard of Shin Godzilla? That was Anno's theraphy.

Bitch I will fucking slap you.

>lain is pretentious shit
Nigger, I will fucking fight you. You don't say shit about best daughteru.

no, it was because he was tired of putting up with her abuse. the reason he was reborn from the LCL was because he made the decision to become his own person and stand up for herself. asuka embraces him because she's moved past her issues and is done hiding behind a tsundere facade.

Attached: jesus christ.png (724x616, 90K)

Oh Christ that's perfect.

Literally Final Fantasy Type 0 ending Is the third impact.

Omg thank you.

SMTfags wasn't Hikawa's ending in 3 essentially this minus the whole everyone is fucking eachother type stuff going on?

How it is?

youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk

pretty much.
he wanted the world where the individual doesn't exist and there is nothing but some kind of collective inner peace.
sounds boring, but you wouldn't care i guess

Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Maximum quality possible, yes. What do you think 'master race' would entail otherwise?

Watch 2.0, it's the more action-oriented version

subsequent internet fallout also counts

Attached: Mass_Effect_3_Game_Cover.jpg (220x304, 15K)

Was it
>Lucas has had enough of this shit and wanted to YEET the world
>Claus convinced Lucas through sacrifice that his goal was right
or
>Lucas seeing his brother commit sudoku drive his heart into darkness

that fucking pic, amazing

I'm honestly convinced it drove his heart to darkness, and the black screen was the afterlife.
Who could blame that kid for being bitter?

This. All its "Deconstruction" had already been done 10 years earlier. The only thing it brought the world was the prominence of underage waifus.

I was going to say something, then I remembered about OG Gundam, and then I remembered that Shinji Ikari was at the recieving AND giving end of the Bright Slap in the Super Robot Wars series.

It's the kind of thick, Grade A, 100% unfiltered, sickly sweet irony that's rarely seen outside a warzone.

Lucas and Claus are both good people, Claus sacrificing himself in the end is proof that Porky's plan failed. Whatever it was that Lucas wished for at the end, I think everyone wound up being okay in the end

>All those comments
Kek.

ooh that sounds interesting
what version is that?

nyaa.si/view/958639
Here's a version with subs.
It's pretty bad looking, if you've ever seen Kare Kano it's almost worse than that, but the episodes still have the "grando no suponsaa tokyo day oh christmas" thing that plays before adverts which I always find interesting for some reason.

Of course, I remember dling the Penguindrum BD at 50GB.

It wasn't Asuka, it was a combination of Asuka, Misato, and Rei.

That one Enderal ending where its revealed that the player character has basically just been a glorified magical wish-fulfilment of a pathetic person who wanted to feel important and save the world, and in trying to save the world they play into the hands of the entities they were trying to stop and accidentally activate Instrumentality and everyone ascends and becomes a single being

For a glorified Skyrim mod its pretty good

Attached: 1565424994494.png (1071x1200, 570K)

>more GB means more quality

Attached: DR7IZVoV4AAK636.jpg (645x729, 34K)

Attached: Guts.jpg (1280x720, 190K)

You can easily just stream it, if it's only 100GB then even if a movie was just a single hour it'd only be about 28 MB/s, or half that if it's two hours.
>2019
>he still doesn't have gigabit internet
oh. I'm so sorry.

The end of Mother 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles

Same, but French dub, which was surprisingly excellent.

I'm not sure. What game begins after the bad ending, then proceeds to the bad ending in an infinite loop?

Attached: 01_C022_Rei_III_girl_in_street.jpg (640x480, 98K)

Bastion if you chose to stay every time.

?.??

Braid.

The "deep" shit is just window dressing on a good sci-fi series IMO

Outlaw ending in Twisted Metal Black.

>What is the vidya equivalent of the third impact.
the nonsensical end to a great series?

The long silent jeep ride with Medic and Skull Face at the end of Phantom Pain

Nah I got some grainy 240p version with yellow subtitles

Time Compression.

>nonsensical

This is false.

wiki.evageeks.org/Theory_and_Analysis:List_of_Common_Misconceptions#The_Asuka-Rei-Misato_amalgamation

probably if it means that I didn't have to exist anymore

It was just Asuka, she literally called Shinji disgusting because while they were all tang, she found out he jacked off over her comatose body and literally hid away and did nothing when the Mass Produced Evas were coming in to finish Nerv off.

Depends on what the Tang was trying to make me believe is real and if I would reject it as a knowingly false image.
Or if I accidentally fall off a cliff/bell tower. Worked for Batman.

Attached: wayne_and_batman_fight.jpg (584x434, 16K)

Splatoon is post third impact.

Everyone knows this.

Killer7

Wasn't the original wording "I feel sick" or something?

I feel that conveys almost the same thing though, since she finds being touched by Shinji's pathetic hands disgusting and the fact that just putting a hand to his face made him lose all his nerve to kill her.

>nonsensical
Room temperature IQ detected

Having sexual intercourse
for the purpose of procreation

More importantly, did the real MC Tang?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 10K)

It was also never explained what Asuka was supposed to mean by her final words, so that's all conjecture on your part.

I don't hate it, but I treat it as just another mecha anime show that just so happens to end with a cool apocalypse shit.
I just hate Evafags that go full on 2deep4u. There's nothing inherently philosophical about the anime, there's very thin attempts at it sure, but to call it some full philosophical deconstruction is wrong. Monster and Lain does that far better (inb4 I get a bunch of replies saying that Monster is shit because contrarianism despite the fact it was an extremely accurate representation of post-commie Central Europe)
I legitimately hate it when I see Evafags compare Eva to stuff like Lain or Paranoia Agent or other actual philosophical anime.

EVA is good for blind entertainment but actual analysis of it just usually feels like 99% of the result of that analysis is "woah everyone is depressed this is so real and societal guise!!! xD"
Pic unrelated.

Attached: 217.png (300x100, 26K)

Will rebuild shinji break the loop? Stay tuned to find out in 2099

Attached: images.jpeg-23.jpg (498x375, 25K)

Well, what else would explain her feeling sick or disgust after Shinji stops choking her out? She sure as shit isn't pregnant.

Only way she can cum.

finished watching this yesterday for the first time

I got real lost at the last two episodes, but I understand the general concept of shinji becoming a god and choosing his own reality to live for

EVA is less about philosophy and more about the human condition of "loneliness" and how people cope with it while having really cool looking "mech" fights.

Now watch End of Evangelion since it's supposed to show you the right before the last two episodes happen and be more exposition while everyone is in tang.

xenosaga, nier or enslaved

That's different that's what the actual show is about.
But everyone keeps insisting that it's philosophical and that's what I am against. Just Evafags that keep arguing that. All it is in truth is a deconstruction dark mecha anime. It is not some uber high-art philosophical religiously-charged surrealist mecha anime. It's an anime that actually tries to tell a darker story than most mechas at the time, but Evafags that grew up with it assume it's super deep or something when most of the symbolisms was accidental as confirmed by Anno.

Attached: Eren punch.jpg (1054x216, 50K)

WTF when did this happen

Epistle 3's ending

She just washed up on a tang shore while being choked to death after just coming back into possessing a physical body after it had been ripped to pieces and devoured moments after coming out of a self-inflicted comatose fugue and then dissolved by Wondergirl.
You tell me.

You mean a disgusting pseudo-intellectual wankfest for fanboys? Mass Effect 3's ending easily takes this. GoT season 8/Last Jedi tier terrible conclusion but it was 2012. Instead of recognizing how shit that game was 99% of biodrone fanboys invented an insane conspiracy theory to defend Bioware's shitty writing. "Hurr Shepard is indoctrinated and ur retarded 4 not realizing that." Luckily every medium has been bombarded with repeats of ME3 since 2012. Now you fuckers are rightfully cynical and anytime some faggy Buzzfeed article comes out saying "n-no shitty written movie/book/game is good because *whatever bullshit here.* IT is every bit as fucking retarded as those faggots arguing GoT's end was a metacommentaty on writing a final season and the coffee cups are proof because were left intentionally, down to the insane logic you need to even wrap your head around a theory. The fact the overwhelming majority of the Mass Effect fanbase was ever stupid enough to believe such a fucking retarded and unfounded theory ("hurr if it's not real why does X not die when you shoot it. EA is not lazy at all so clearly it must mean it's a dream. Releasing unfinished games is a good thing, this is good writing. Now stfu and buy the dlc.") proves you faggots are all with the exception of me and a handful if others, subhuman. You aren't sentient not really. Under the right circumstances you faggots can get downright religion over anything. Fucking threatening people, blocking people, doxing people all because they shattered your retarded faggy theory. Naw, nigga forget Eva. What you meant to ask is what is the ME3 ending of anime?

Attached: wjHGP.png (1366x768, 144K)

>thinking the convenient Catacylsm copy is anywhere near Third Impact
>thinking WoW or its clone tripe even represents the level of impact of EoE
Delusional, the worlds didnt even get reset to 0

I prefer the Novel.

Attached: The-Book-of-Revelation.jpg (1444x800, 74K)

Okay, yeah. Nier works.

WTF okay thanks
Should that not be part of the core episodes? Are there any more 'secret' episodes I should see?

I am saving this pasta to use against Evafags. Based.

Attached: Smug Negan.png (1692x860, 767K)

You'd think her reaction would be something stronger than just saying "disgusting" or "I feel sick" since all she does before that is let Shinji nearly choke her to death before placing her hand on his face.

Nah, EoE was the originally planned ending, but they ran out of money around episode 19. Hence while the animation went to hell.

Just remember the movie's ending kind of shits on the show's ending of Shinji finally accepting his fucked up condition and growing as a person. Then the Rebuild movies happened.

And if she was disgusted by Shinji she wouldn't have caressed his face. She would've slugged him.

yeah me too go watch gunbuster instead

Attached: 814131014092_anime-gunbuster-movie-blu-ray-altC.jpg (1502x1080, 538K)

is this a joke or did they really use the mario soundfont?

You know a good place where I can get a torrent? It seems that pirate bay these days is pretty shitty... I haven't needed to torrent anything in years

That depends, Asuka at that point finally realized her mother loved her the entire time and was protecting her by being the human soul powering Unit 02. So she has a completely different outlook on life, and remember when Shinji is having his last introspection with her in Misato's apartment and begins choking her, his view of Asuka doesn't fight back even then.

Nah. They ran out of time and budget for the last two episodes. The End of Evangelion movie expands on the last two episodes with an actual budget this time, it's the only Eva movie that's complimentary to the TV series.

The start of the first Nier.

i never fucking understood this series.

Attached: 1563449438153.png (1280x1707, 1.22M)

Which has nothing to do with her viewing Shinji as "disgusting" while she caresses his face. Besides, back in the apartment she saw him as broken, weak, and pathetic - things she once mentioned earlier as hating in men. Totally beneath her. She knew that he couldn't kill her, which is why she didn't touch him.
Now explain why she did so (and tenderly at that) in the ending if she's disgusted my him.

Is going into threads and posting "I hate [thing in topic]" a hot new meme when OP isn't blatant bait, or something?

To proof to himself that they were still two different entities that are not in harmony with one another.

So, was he in the wrong?

Attached: Shinji_ikari_render_by_justrainbowf-d606pmi.png (1280x2139, 1.96M)

Maybe she wanted to see if all he was seeking was that "gentle touch" that's used in Cruel Angel Thesis all the damn time, and if it was she called him disgusting purely because he literally let her get eaten alive and pissed about so much just yearning for some semblance of affection and refusing to reach out for it himself when it was constantly offered several times during the TV series.

Guy finds some "Dead Sea Scrolls", comes to the bright idea that humanity is no longer evolving, so the best thing to do is to force everyone on Earth to become a single/shared-minded entity with himself in charge as the new God, and how he fucks over everyone while gathering like-minded people to ensure it happens.
The End.

I mean you can consider any of the neutral endings to Undertale

You're beyond stretching, mate. Face it: It was intended to be an ambiguous scene, and your head-canon makes no sense.

did you ever think that maybe he just wanted to choke the cunt

the only thing he did wrong was stopping instrumentality mid way through

Why not hot two stones with one bird? :^)

Nah, he was just being an incel and choked her out because she wouldn't show him affection; hence why he stops after she strokes his face.

Attached: Chde3M3.jpg (700x483, 33K)

>makes no sense
Asuka and Shinji aren't rational people in the slightest and do dumb or contradictory things all the damn time. Shinji keeps bitching about getting in the robot and yet he still gets in it because he believes it gives him value, same as Asuka since she felt her own mother felt she wasn't worthy of her love and affection and her father found comfort fucking the nurse/doctor taking care of Asuka's mother. How does it make no sense when the characters themselves act in contradictory ways all the damn time? And themselves were seeking the exact same goddamn thing but constantly refused each other because they saw their flaws in one another and refused to admit that many of their problems are self-inflicted as well.

God fuck that looks like a giraffe.

Which has nothing to do with the scene in question.

youtube.com/watch?v=MtGrBQuNy8s

Attached: 97yeo1_500.gif (480x432, 116K)

Attached: 1365266059517.png (605x532, 484K)

Why are there so many Kaworu clones in vidya?
Persona 3 and TWEWY, for example

Attached: kawothink.png (852x1179, 1.15M)

Can they remake Evangelion with a protagonist worth a shit?

I fucking love Evangelion. For the incredibly cool and mostly unique monsters of the week, as well as the slice of life aspects. I understand all that “deep, philosophical” stuff, and just ignore it.

Wasn't the ending that he lived on an island or whatever with every chick getting possessed by that optimistic girl who was a ghost the entire time and he divorces the non-possessed girl and marries the possessed girl each day?

The scene is about 8 minutes in
youtu.be/rHIvs0Q-uKI

What’s the benefits to staying in the tang?

>ruins can only exist when humanity is wiped off the earth

There's like...a lot fanfics about that...and isekais made by russians...and the official manga...and Rebuild 2.0.

I watched the entire series through some guys reaction videos on youtube. I'd buy the dvd but Ill wait for a rerelease

where did waifufags come from?
I understand liking sexy drawings but they're on a whole nother level and the fact that there's so many of them is insane.

>There's something else I am missing?
There is no past tense for depression

The incoming 2020 video game crash

What the fuck are you talking about?

Not feeling lonely because everyone's consciousnesses are melded. Hence Rei's punishment for Gendo is literally to prevent him from being with Yui in their "Eden." Which makes even less sense because Yui's consciousness is in Unit 01 because she basically wanted to live forever as a relic that humanity existed and to eventually become a "god."

There's a couple of reasons people say here that are pretty valid, I wouldn't say "no" to any of them because it doesn't really explain why or show a clear reason. But if you want a few clues as to maybe why, the last interaction he had with Asuka was in his delusions and he choked her there. So he could just be trying to make sure that he's finally out of his delusions by doing it again.

He could also finally be showing some of his pent up inner feelings that he'd had towards her, and then abandoning them when stroked his face(which is Asuka showing some of her pent up inner feelings too). There's a bit of a theme also in that Asuka and Shinji, when they're both first there, switch personalities a bit. Shinji becomes aggressive for the first real time and Asuka shows a sentimental side she never really shows. And then when Shinji reacts, they go back to being who they've always been. So much so that the original line for Asuka was going to be telling "Idiot Shinji" that he won't be the one to kill her.

Just one last thing that people don't always catch is that Shinji had been there by himself for a while. He'd built makeshift 'graves' or symbols for all of the people he'd known, and nailed Misato's cross to it. The nail was rusting too so it'd be a period of time. When he looked over at Rei, he was also just finding out that Asuka was there(Asuka probably was also the one who broke her own makeshift cross if you go by the old scripts, and then willing laid down by Shinji).

So there you go. I like the ending but also kinda wish they went with the one that flat out explains what was happening a little more.

The 2016 election. Prove me wrong. Look how much shit got brought here in conjunction with gamergate.

>2D4U
FLAC lmao. Did the blurays even have 10bit encoding?
>Sephirotic
Kinda bloated and I don't particularly agree with his color correction, but it's subtle not to be hideous.

Both have a shitty 19th or whatever episode it was episode though. Both are better than Shitflix.

It's literal therapy targeted directly towards the anime audience who needs it, it's plenty to inspire a change of heart or to be touched. It doesn't have some big hidden unlockable secret, its a simple injection of some really sensible thinking that a lot of people easily forget. The fact that it ends by expressing genuine care for the well-being of the audience, and a thankful desire to just undo the type of stress that the creator sees people experiencing, is really remarkable and wholesome, and I can't think of any better reason to make media in the entire world.

Whilst I do see that working towards certain anime fans, I've met a few Evafags who've had the opposite effect, where they actually idolise everything Shinji does and almost imitate it, even the cowardice and all that other crap and believe it to be some kind of philosophical nihilistic point about how we shouldn't do anything because we bother we are going to die anyways.
I know that's not the creator's original intention, that's why I made the point that I don't hate Evangelion, but the point is lost on pseudointellectual Evafags who assume there's something to be idolised in the alleged nihilism at display.

Attached: 1565644269350.png (692x677, 538K)

I have the 8gig Director's Cut blu-ray on my laptop.

You mean in EVA or just waifufags in general?

Anno put the symbols there because they mean important spiritual and prophetic things to people, and the symbols were all originally designed by their according religions to communicate massively intricate emotional ideals instantly to the viewer, so it really doesn't matter if Anno just loosely included them for spiritual impact, while also not being a coincidence that they all fit together anyways.

molyneux cube

lmao, that kind of shit doesn't work.

Yeah no shit, we hate those fuckers. Rebuild fans and anyone who talks about Eva for any reason besides its themes and impact is either mentally ill or some kid trying to make the wrong friends.

>What is the vidya equivalent of the third impact.

MGS2 and the S3 program

trigger the libs, own the libs.

But it literally did though. Its perfectly fine not to like Eva but for a massive audience it completely achieved its intended effect

This. Pseudointellectual bullshit rehashed ad nauseam.
My boyfriend tricked me into watching one of the Rebuild films. Fucking rubbish.

Tang world is literally NGE’s equivalent to heaven. Why wouldn’t you live in a world where you can experience happiness for all eternity? So you can build character on earth through pain and suffering until dying when your physical body gives in? That’s good and noble but I don’t see how that beats being an immortal soul in child-like paradise where you can literally do anything you want

>Why wouldn’t you live in a world where you can experience happiness for all eternity?
This is the entire conceit of the show, and it's because human individuality is simply its own thing, is full of pros and cons, and is valid as any other form of life. There are things in the universe besides pleasure. Suffering and intimacy are all valid emotions too.

Is that rebuild film your only experience with the entire *series*?

Attached: 1550686502502.jpg (1697x1200, 836K)

Only the 26 episode show and End of Evangelion are any good, your response to the rebuild is accurate

Arsenal Gear

Attached: 1561900319375.jpg (860x960, 54K)

The whole ending was a dig at Otaku culture. Shinji wants to isolate himself so much that he fucks up humanities chance at transcendence then attempts to kill the only other person still with him. Asuka is the same, her drive to be alone selerated her from the human instrumentality project.

>but for a massive audience it completely achieved its intended effect
Are you fucking serious?

It's not therapy for a massive audience, its themes and messages have been done many other times. People who agree with/understand it, already know about it and probably try to follow it. Some people get it but still decide to buy an anime hugpillow and bathe in selfpity and loneliness. Then there are people who kind of get it but the message goes over their heads and more importantly doesn't help that much because this shit is not fucking therapy.

If it did work like intended there wouldn't be a massive merchandise marketed towards the people "who need it".
Everyone somewhat into anime knows about NGE, especially stupid otakufags and yet they still exist and probably increased in numbers.