Which switches are the best in your experience?

which switches are the best in your experience?

Attached: Mechanical-keyboard-original-cherry-mx-switch-ducky-filco-mx-brown-blue-red-switch-3-pin-feet.jpg_64 (436x436, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kbdfans.com/products/tada68-pcn
drop.com/buy/flower-power-spacebar-wasd-arrows-set
youtube.com/watch?v=qp46JeDDTCw
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9tAutT5Xs8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico
youtu.be/qnh5SbpCQmE?t=431
youtube.com/watch?v=qSgPKPoFo2k
youtube.com/watch?v=cD5Zj-ZgMLA
etsy.com/listing/713971014/stone-artisan-keycap-blank-mt3-profile?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=artisan keycap&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&frs=1
machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I like them dark cherries you know what I'm saying ?

I use blues. The clickety clack feels good on my autism. It sounds like a chainsaw when i type.

brown

Why are the black switches in there? They only use those in shit like point of sale machines right?

Are they small enough to fit inside my urethra?

I bought a keyboard with red switches because it was on sale for 30% of the original price. Unsurprisingly, there was a reason they were selling it that cheap. Red switches are awful for everyday use and okay-ish for vidya. Can't really recommend them.

This is what I worry about. I wanna buy the blue ones because they by far sound the most appealing, but then there's the sound thing. Not like the rubberdome I have now is quiet, and I don't mind that but they don't "click" loud, they're just loud. I wonder if the sharper clicky noise will get grating.
honestly the brown sound like shit to me. A complete and utter meme that they're tactile, brown switches are the only ones I've ever tested and they weren't tactile in the slightest. I think I'd rather get red or black than brown.

all that matters is NKRO
if you dont know what that is dont worry, go back to eating your wax crayons

Helpful.

blues

unnecessary for vidya

I've got cherry Clears and I'm pretty happy with them
>quiet
>not too stiff
>satisfying "click"

The keyboard I'm zoned in on getting is the Ducky Skyline 2 with blue switches.

Attached: large_3485_large_DKON1808-USPDZHBS_main.jpg (1200x393, 68K)

Looking for a quiet keyboard. What color should I pick? Also, how important is QMK?

Im looking into this and TADA68. Latter has QMK but its just kill myself tier depressing to look at. Sakura on otherhand has superior build quality, coloring but no QMK. I could buy a new PCB and solder everything for that feature thouggäh

Attached: gata-943_gata_943_01.jpg (800x800, 57K)

Clears sound pretty alright to be, much better than brown do, at least from what I've read up on. But the problem is, they're really fucking rare in my country and I can't find a single keyboard with clears under 220 bucks, which is a fucking joke. I'm not spending that much money on my first mechanical keyboard.

No shit dude, I bet you tell people wrestling is fake like it's news, too. Anyone with a brain will tell you that it's purely a luxury expense for people with money to waste.

Orange it's my favourite

Buckling spring. Gaming is for fags, real men cuss at parsers.

I like blacks. Wanted some even heavier switches, but they're extremely rare and expensive

membrane

>for retards to throw money at

no shit

blue

I have a preference for red/brown but I'm using whatever logitech calls their "gaming" switch now

rubberdome is unironically the best keyboard design for gaming

mechanical is an absolute meme

Keyboards with actual springs

Attached: 1565267690111.png (322x430, 123K)

Get the TADA, it's a better board. QMK is extremely useful to have and you can also just build a TADA if you want a colorful case. Otherwise just pick up those stupid jap keycaps from ASSDROP.

PCB
kbdfans.com/products/tada68-pcn

keycaps
drop.com/buy/flower-power-spacebar-wasd-arrows-set

I've only used browns so far (an Ozone keyboard and the Annepro2). Both are pretty good. Honestly, I only like mechanicals because they look nicer than most rubberdome ones and they're much easier to clean.

Hmm i guess they do make keyboards with blacks. I always thought they just used them for keypads and credit card machines and the like.

AVOID MX SPEED LIKE THE PLAGUE
This shit is literally oversensitive. 6 months in and I still accidentally engage keys I don't want to just by having my hands tense up a little during a gunfight.

Why would you want a longer key travel/actuation distance if you don't need to have that?

I really hate the keyboards that are "welled" in. it makes cleaning them a pain.
I bought a Drevo keyboard and it's been great.

Attached: 46b2c82c-719a-4155-b173-b4f234aac5a8.jpg (1600x1600, 152K)

10keyless, eww

>CLICK CLACK
>CLICK CLICK CLACK
I have blues. Do not get blues if you like silence. my dumbass bought blues because it was my first mech kb.

cherry mx clear master race coming through

What about switches?

>Buckling spring
Based and typist-pilled

just use the number row retard

I use the logitech ones
they're heavier browns
otherwise blues are best

Anybody here that went blue and regretted it? I wanna go blue but I'm scared of the sound.

Attached: [email protected] (368x368, 136K)

I got WASD Code v3 with browns. I like it.

I love fingering blacks.
I can rest fingers lightly on them without triggering

I've only ever used the blues on the keyboard I have now and am super happy with it. I personally like having clickety audio feedback from typing, but after using it for a couple of years now I've never even thought about the clicks. It's just part of the experience, and I love typing, so it's probably working towards it. I'm pretty sure I'd miss the sound of it if I ever switched to something different.

I use a mix of all of them.

Are Gaterons okay to use yet or are we still jerking off Cherries?

Mx brown for non competitive relaxed typing and enjoyable gaming

cherry red if you play competitive games

Mechanical keyboards are bad for heavy gaming.

I’m looking for a “quiet” full-size mechanical keyboard.

I know these will still produce a sound, but I’m not a big fan of the blue switch keyboard after using it for 1 year. Any recommendations?

but they usually require less force to use, explain yourself

I don't do heavy gaming, I don't even know what that means.

if you dont mind linear switches there are cherry mx silent reds/blacks which are quiet on both bottoming out and springing back up.

>memechanical keyboard

i play long sessions of rhythm games on my mech just fine

i have and love mx cherry blues the most (i have a mx red keyboard as well).

my mic is a yeti pro
my headphone is a hd598

i think i may have fucked up.

They are going to be personal preference. If you want faster switches for gaming, go linear with blacks, reds, yellows or other linear switches, just know you'll be bottoming out every stroke.
If you want tactile, go for browns, blues if you also want noise response, or my personal favorite, BOX navy

Cherry has lost their charm a long time ago. Gater is king now.

oh hey! that's the keyboard i have. people call me a faggot but they don't understand the aesthetic
(stormtrooper case with blue leds, white monitors)

For me, its astro switchi.

Attached: images (11).jpg (600x350, 15K)

Mah dachi

Attached: 1562638733465.jpg (1920x1080, 427K)

blues are for chads and independent people

browns are for manchildren that live with their parents. they also feel like mushy shit.

reds are for pussy ass bitches with tranny fingers

If you're in your house who cares about the sound and don't be one of those faggots that takes a keyboard to work, just use the keyboard your job gives you.

Attached: 1548580616631.gif (360x360, 748K)

Don't get blues for gaming. They are hard to press and if you wanna do quick movements, like slowly inch forward, you need to fully remove your finger from the key before being able to press it again.

I seem to bottom out less with blacks. Like the extra resistance makes me not want to push all the way down.

if you love them, what makes you feel like you fucked up? I understand open cans and noisy keyboard, but you say you love the keyboard?

I also have those same headphones and I'm considering blues, would you advice against it?

Love the feeling of my knock-off blues, even the sound is nice, but goddamn if it isn't loud. If I could get something like them but not horribly loud it would be perfect.

blues are great. i play a lot of mmos though so having feedback feels really good.

but yeah you push to talk and all people hear is CLICK CLICK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK

I've got a keyboard with Cherry Reds, one with Cherry Blues, one with Cherry Browns, one with Gateron Blues and a random chink keyboard that I couldn't find out what switches they were (tacile blue knockoff).
In my experience, Browns are the best for general use. My current daily driver is an Anne Pro II with browns, for both gaming and programming.

Attached: 61QwCzRPBiL._SL1461_.jpg (1461x1000, 67K)

What a faggot

>If you want tactile, go for browns
From what I read, and I've read a lot, browns sound like a complete fucking joke when it comes to being tactile. Basically fuckall in terms of being tactile, like having sand get stuck in a red switch. From my experience with browns, I'd say I would agree, they're not tactile at all.

I've been meaning to buy a mechanical keyboard because my 10+ years old ultra cheap keyboard is slowly dying. I'm torn between blue and brown, leaning more towards blue because I liked the clickity clackety sound from the terminal in Fallout 3. But I find it really hard to make the purchase because peripherals are something I want to see in person before I buy it. I've been to multiple stores but I have to order online because I want an American layout and the ones they have in stores I can't seem to find online with American layout. Also I recently got to type on my mate's topre keyboard, couldn't really tell a difference in quality to the Cherry keyboards I've tried in stores, but I like paying premium for quality that will last.

Why do I have to make everything so difficult?

Attached: 1355280107977.gif (475x347, 486K)

I personally found browns mushy as well, but the fact remains that it does have a tactile bump and therefore is a tactile switch.

If you own that keyboard and aren't a real woman you're either a raging faggot, a tranny, or both.
And you should kill yourself.

I intend on using them at home only. They're for personal use.
The keyboard I have now most definitely is more tactile than blues will be, so I seriously doubt this would be an issue. Also I'm not buying the keyboard for gaming, just general purpose.

suck a cock

>70 replies
>No one has posted this gif.
Fuck you guys are slow. Also Browns are superior all arounds.

Misquoted and forgot the gif.
Nvm I'm the slow one.

Attached: different-switches-.gif (1600x2220, 638K)

>Also Browns are superior all arounds
Literally not even reddit likes browns. Sounds like a fucking shit switch. Red and Black sound superior, at least they don't lie about being tactile.
"""tactile""". They're not tactile if you've ever used a tactile key before.

haters gonna hate

>"""tactile""". They're not tactile if you've ever used a tactile key before.
Again, cool opinion, which I agree with, but the user asked about switches and I told him the facts about switches and browns are fucking tactile.

If you're coming off a rubber dome, cheap shit modern dell keyboards and you buy browns, you'll realize how not-tactile they are. Am I wrong or does it feel wrong that they're called a tactile switch when they're more or less 95% linear 5% ""tactile""

Tactile means you can feel the actuation point.
Even though Browns are softer than Blues, that doesn't mean it's not there.
Having this middle-ground allows you to enjoy typing and gaming, whilst not being obnoxiously loud I might add.

They're called a tactile switch because they have a tactile bump. It's that simple.

There should be more flat/low profile mechanical keyboards.

Attached: Tesoro-Gram-XS-04.jpg (3000x2000, 299K)

Is this using cherry switches? If so, I'm impressed.

There are a few now that it's picking up speed but buying new low-profile switches and keycaps is purely cosmetic and only really appeases people who's last computer was a laptop.

Attached: cmsk650.jpg (1200x675, 65K)

>Having this middle-ground allows you to enjoy typing and gaming
To me it genuinely sounds like a lose-lose. They're not a good tactile keyboard, and if gaming is what you want, you're better off going with reds.
You're right about the sound though.

Best switches. Prove me wrong. You can't.

Attached: 1536040033033.png (753x397, 489K)

The ones that don't sound like I'm ordering the bombing of Dresden when I post

Switches are personal preference and what you may enjoy or not enjoy will be different from what someone else will enjoy or not enjoy.

Having used all, and not him by the way, I find reds to be too easy to press for gaming, even after months of playing with a keyboard with reds and getting used to how sensitive they are, not having a tactile bump, even if very weak, sucks a lot in my opinion.
Blues are obnoxiously loud and suck for gaming, and once the novelty wears off you will ask yourself why you even bought them in the first place.

If you care this much you have brain problems

Buckling springs are the best.

Attached: Unicomp_space_saver_model_m._with_removed_key_3864555240_9a2c6b95da_o.jpg (682x1024, 171K)

What is this, please?

your mom buckling under my spring is the best

based bluebros, what keyboard do you use?

for me, it's the dukky one 2

Attached: 1547613711730.jpg (497x763, 44K)

i'v been using a dell membrane keyboard for a while
what would a mechanical keyboard improve on?

Yeah. Cherry themselves made one too.

>only really appeases people who's last computer was a laptop.
In a way, I guess that's true since my first PC that was mine was a laptop and I used it for over 6 years so I've always preferred flatter keyboards. It's why I like my Sidewinder X4 keyboard so much.

Attached: Cherry-DW-9000-SLIM-02.jpg (3000x2000, 1.58M)

Now that is an useless gimmick.

My old ibm f 122 died and now all I have is these shitty cherry switches. Nothing feels anywhere close to as good as buckling springs

Attached: dab25bca65f8c2ab862630e2c766e45c.png (1000x1000, 218K)

I personally don't enjoy hearing the obnoxiously loud clicks of the blues while I'm gaming. It can ruin the immersion in a few games. Same with listening to music - they're so loud, headphones won't mute the sound that well while typing.
Browns have the edge taken off their noise - they still make noise of course, but it's more muted so it's harder to pick up through headphones, same goes with how they feel.
I like to think of Browns tactile feel as a steady car going over a speed bump, you feel the speed bump sure, but it's not throwing you up in the air.

Why not get a topre?

low profile used to be exclusive to laptops because well fuck you cant fit a full keycap in a clamshell

>Blues are obnoxiously loud
FUCKING FUCK I JUST WANT A GOOD TACTILE KEYBOARD.
Fucking sounds like mechanical is just a shitty joke. Better off sticking to old ibm rubber domes.

Unicomp still makes them.

Cost to much

anyone happen to have any good white monitors that are 1440p?

i just got holy pandas.
very happy

I only used black so black switches are the best in my experience

tfw goyims are getting scammed by these cheap pieces of plastic

Attached: thalmor_goymbassy.jpg (527x594, 71K)

so whats so different about each of these or is it all just a big meme?

Romer-G just werks

Attached: pewPew.jpg (416x364, 26K)

for me, it's the ducky one 2 mini bby

Attached: 1553946003160.jpg (4032x3024, 917K)

Red = super light linear
Brown = less light, """tactile"""
Black = quite heavy to push down and linear
Blues = medium and clicky clacky

Newfag

Sounds like you're autistic enough to go with blues anyway, what's the problem?

Any specific brands I should look at or that you bought?

So get browns?

BROWNS, Also known as Scratchy REDS

Tactile my fucking ass.

The actuation distance of mechanical keys is much shorter, about 2mm, which means you get a quicker response to a press.

Try brown switches, they are tactile and not very noisy. Still louder than a rubber dome keyboard I'm pretty sure

If you use anything else than red you're a big dummy

Attached: 1565369664921.jpg (1270x1800, 1.09M)

Because everything I've read about browns make them sound like fucking shit. Not tactile, just a scratchier red. I want a tactile key, I'm used to a tactile keyboard. the browns I've used felt completely linear to me as someone that has used old ibm rubber domes my whole life.
fair point. Blues is what I want to get, I'm just scared I'll be annoyed by them.

brown

>Loli-feet poster advocating reds
Haha, holy fucking shit, like pottery.

You know what I value least in this world? Opinions from pedophiles.
Also why am I not surprised you're so weak that the only keys your wrists can handle are reds?

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

red

Just get some blues and those o-rings to help dampen the sound if you are too annoyed by them.

Get Titan™ switches

Attached: 1561027332065.jpg (1500x886, 284K)

would the o-rings help blue switches? o-rings just dampen bottoming the keys out, and that's not where the noise from blues come from.

I have the cherry blues and they are way louder than I thought they were gonna be, I would recommend the brown switches, also dont be one of those faggots who drops 150$ on a corsair k77 lux or some bullshit, find a good bargain one for like 50-60, unless you want to throw ur money away.

youtube.com/watch?v=qp46JeDDTCw
Honestly, you should see if you can track down MX Clear switches. They'll obviously be more tactile than browns.

The worst part of that is that people are doing kickstarter garbage made out by buying Cherry switches coupled with a cheap keyboard and button keys at e-bay from a chinese seller, they replace the switches and keys of the keyboard and then sell it for rough $300. They're no different from the Soulja Boy Consoles.

>also dont be one of those faggots who drops 150$
ha ha ha ha.
if only you knew how bad things are.
I live in a nordic country, and here you'll be lucky if you find a keyboard with any mx switch under 100 bucks, the keyboard I'm looking at is 140.

>MX Clear
wish I could, but the only keyboards sold in my country with those are 240 dollars.

about how many ms response time?

If you pick up blues and have friends you voice chat with constantly too, they're going to fucking hate you.

>having friends
Cool story, normalfag.

Was I talking to you cunt?

I'm using holy pandas. They aren't half bad.

Why don't you just buy a brown and blue switch separately and see which one you prefer?

i use membrane switches because yolo it works

>literal Alps switch ripoff

Attached: XugdlJd.gif (356x400, 2M)

I have a corsair k70, love the sturdy feel of it and how easy it is to clean

Because a kit like that is like 20 bucks after shipping and that seems like a dumb expense.

>no argument
Everyone must take care of their wrists user!

Depends on how fast you push the key down, but let's say you have a dome key and a mechanical key with the same travel depth, the mechanical key registers somewhere in the middle of travel, while the dome key needs to go all the way to the bottom. If the mechanical key registers at half the distance and you press them at the same speed, the mechanical one will respond in half the time as the dome one.

You can get it for much cheaper, of course, the off set is waiting for shipping from China.
Why not just go into an electronic store? Most have testers themselves, just ask around.

how bad is the clicky sound from blue switches? say you don't spend time in voice chats or anything, are they okay?

Humans are very adaptive. No matter how much you might dislike them at first (even if you do), you'll get used it.
Honestly, browns are quite loud too, but they're a more low frequency sound, so people don't notice it as much - blues are just more high frequency sounds.

What's wrong with reds
I have reds and they're comfy

what's wrong with loli feet tho?

for video games? brown
for everything else, red

Nothing.
But someone who uses it to back up their opinion is a fucking brainlet.

Red

Had to use cherry reds in local siege tournament, didn't like them too light on press.
Any known keyboard that uses black switches?

I mean he’s kind of right, but there’s more to it. That’s bottom line the most important followed by bottoming out.

If none of this stuff is clicking with you, don’t buy expensive shit like mechanical keyboards. You should know why something is better before you buy into it, because you won’t appreciate why it’s better, or why you may have made a bad purchase.

I wish I was a chad that would just say fuck it and order them instead of endlessly waiting because I'm scared they'll be bad.

Don't worry, even with that mindset, I still over analyze everything to make sure I make the right choice.
Naturally that's why I picked up browns, they're the safest choice.

I mean I have to order and solder then separately right?

aren't reds meant for gaming?

Brown, I hate the CLICKETY CLACK of the others.

They're definitely not made for typing.

>Naturally that's why I picked up browns, they're the safest choice.
I'm worried I'll end up hating the browns because the way they're described, the "scratchy" feel just sounds bad to me. Were you happy with your choice? would you recommend browns?

Browns are the best for the tactile feel without too much noise. Blues are nice is your an autistic faggot who lives alone. All other switches need not apply.

Whats the best typing switch? I mean I do type a lot

What do you mean by scratchy feel? What have you heard?

Reading this thread I'm in disbelief that Reddit is actually more elitist, autistic and well versed than Yea Forums

wasn't expecting that. Here you see people gulping up browns as if they're some ideal middle ground, on reddit they're seen as a joke.

I've heard that browns are essentially reds with sand stuck between the keys. That their "tactile" feel comes down to a slight scratchy feeling as you push the key down.

MX red.
Tried mx black/brown/blue/clear and some gateron switches but so far nothing comes close to the satisfaction im getting with them.

which mouse is that?

imagine the gunk

When did this mouse with holes get popular?

Blues if you work, half of my office came complaining about the noise at first but eventually everyone got used to it.

Browns are safest if you don't really know what you want, but it's a neither here nor there kinda switch for me.

Nah. It's the complete opposite to be honest. It feels more rubbery when you hit the actuation point than anything scratchy.
It's like a muted bump.

if it's brown, press it down
if it's not, toss the lot

g305 wireless and I have a friend with a 3d printer so I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. It's kinda cool, like 58g as it sits. My mouse at work feels like a brick by comparison.

Attached: 1543591758547.jpg (821x902, 623K)

the quiet, smooth, and yet tactile switch that exists in a prebuilt TKL/75% keyboard, fuck soldering/putting a keyboard together myself

currently settled for an old thinkpad ultranav type keyboard

Attached: 1557325855901.jpg (627x733, 117K)

So would you recommend browns? I'm like you, I'm over analyzing everything here and I'm so tired of it lol. I just wanna pick something and go.

Buckling spring
T.model m fag

Brown switches
DSA PBT caps

I like the razer mecha-membrane switches on my ornata chroma. very nice click in them.

red cherry has no noticable resistance and feel really weird.

Naturally I would yeah.
Think of blues as the raving party type - they have good time, but make a lot of noise and get exhausted at the end.

Think of browns as someone who stays in while it's raining with a warm cup of hot chocolate, nothing too special is happening, but there's comfort in knowing nothing is going wrong.

Browns are a solid option, and there's really no drawback to them. I might recommend blues more if you primarily type on your computer, but even then, they're still not necessary.

I'd buy a new rubber dome if they all didn't look like complete shit.
The old IBM rubber domes looked pretty fantastic but they get harder and harder to find.

Attached: IBM KB-7953.jpg (500x500, 83K)

This

so that you feel the click

what kind of nerd is so weak he can't use keyboard buttons?

Blues for typing, browns for gayming and typing. Reds feel like fucking garbage.

I do primarily type, but I don't code, or do work. The typing I do is shitposting and searching around on the web. So I don't know that blues would be of great benefit there.

You know that feeling when you're standing on the trampoline and you hesitate jumping, and then you make your mind up and tell yourself "I'm 3 seconds I'm really doing it" that's me the past 6 hours. I'm genuinely just considering saying fuck it at this point, take your word for it and go for the browns. Sounds like a solid enough option for a first timer.
Mind you, less than 2 hours ago I was feeling this exact way about just going for the blues, lmao. I started looking at keyboards months ago, I already know what keyboard I want, so the indecisive part has just been switches.

Lesson learned from this thread is that there’s no winning with mechanical keyboards.

>I have reds and they're comfy
yeah right. that's what is wrong with them. retards who like them describe them as comfy, that's when you know to stay away.

Mech switches are obsolete. The lowest response time are Razer's optical switches at 0.1ms. Even though they are a gamer meme company they are currently the only ones making them. They also made a mouse with optical switches (Viper) so they are currently top class for keyboard & mouse because they have the lowest latency.

Attached: razer-opto-mechanical-switch.gif (320x320, 355K)

Feelsbadman. I've been there.
The only way really resolve this problem is to go into a store and compare the two switches. But you'll need to luck out with a store.
Best alternative is youtube reviews and sound comparisons.
How's your countries refund policy? Maybe you can return the keyboard if you hate the switches too.
Sounds like your heart is set on blue switches though, I don't want to turn you to brown switches after all this - and in fairness, blues are superior for typing. The clicking on the blues really helps to know when a key has been pressed, it stops a lot of ghosting and prevents typing some letters before others (this occurs on the browns sometimes because the actuation clicks are harder to hear).
With gaming, browns are better, and that's because they're very close with the red switches, with the added bonus of having a damp actuation.
All and all, get the the blue ones man, sounds like you put more of an enthesis on typing than gaming, so you should be in the clear.

Capacitive Buckling Springs

who the fuck cares, you get used to everything within a day

Blues are best for typing Blacks are the best for gaming.

why not harvest the buckling springs from the Model F?

Yeah, but there's no going around the noise of the blue ones, and I have open-back headphones. It genuinely sounds like it'll be a bad time.
Browns to me sound less ideal but at the same time also a good "safe" choice.
My idea today was that I would for fucking once order a keyboard before the day was over, but more and more its starting to feel like I'll just let it go once again.

rubber domw

because there's tons of buypig bugmen out there

Red.

>people call me a faggot but they don't understand
No, they understand perfectly. They know you're a huge faggot and rightfully call you out on it.

Attached: 122.png (754x648, 438K)

black

youtube.com/watch?v=Y9tAutT5Xs8
They're not too much louder honestly, they just sound different. Heck, some people even prefer the sound of blues to browns.
It's like comparing bass to treble.

Dunno but Browns are the absolute worst.

Blacks are the best for typing and gaming

Good post user, almost there. Now use words to support your claim.

First time I tried a mechanical keyboard it was at a netcafe.
The red switches are ok for games but are absolutely terrible to type on, a laptop membrane is way better than any cherry. With cheryy reds I can barely type fast some chat in-game, it's so bad.

Blues offer a very good typing experience, cheery reds not so

red or blue, I have red and have 0 complains

Browns are a shitty middle ground between reds and blues they don't feel good to type on like blues and they aren't as good for gaming as reds.
They feel like a red switch with something stuck in it making it harder to push down all the way.

how about these words
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_Mexico

>Mistypes 'complaints' on a cherry red.
Hahaha, holy fuck I can't even. It's too perfect.

Are there any switches that feel like blues but don't have the sound? Personally I like the sound but everyone around me hates it

Objectively best switches coming through.

Attached: kailh-box-white.jpg (360x360, 9K)

what the fuck kind of autistic thread is this shit?

ROMER G NIGGERRSSSSSSSSS

Attached: BvH02Xh.png (500x500, 386K)

lemme guess, you're poor, right?

>It's like comparing bass to treble.
Yeah, I definitely prefer the noise of the browns, unfortunately.

>Looking into building a mechanical keyboard as my first mech
Would I look as a faggot if I bought custom pink spacebars and had they tiles in pink, rainbow colors or otherwise bright blue etc? Im a straight man who just wants something non boring.

How do I know which caps fit and which dont uwu?

Attached: KIT-4_1800x1800.jpg (1080x1080, 137K)

for me, it's blacks
but it's the only keyboard i've ever bought. I can't stand the loud clicky noises of blues.

actually the chinks now make $20 mechanical keyboards, so he's probably a third worlder

Browns are indeed better for gaming.
Having a tactile bump doesn't make it harder for gaming, it doesn't even take any force to pass it and push all the way down and even then, some people prefer to push the keys down to 2mm instead of the full 4mm, the bump lets them do that.

how straight are you? are you straight or "straight"

No they are not you should play games that actually requires high apm.

but with reds you can easily hover around the actuation point to do quick double taps

Pretty much pic related except younger

Attached: 1554075787791.png (200x200, 55K)

get this instead you fag

Attached: PBT Assbar.jpg (800x935, 141K)

Blues with o-rings are great, they leave activation click and remove the clack.

I have absolutely no need to do that

is this a kids toy

I heard gamer fingers make arcade buttons out of these switches. Has anyone tried em? I heard pretty good things about em based on reviews.

Attached: D-zpwpYXYAI6j4T.jpg (2048x1566, 313K)

Are there any mech keyboards/switches that don't require a lot of force to push and hold like membranes? Maybe just a bit lighter than Cherry Reds, I don't know if low profile keys would work

Then why are you talking about switches for gaming when you obviously don't play games that require the benefits of a mech keyboard?

It won't fucking matter if it's a high apm game or not, like I tried to communicate before to your corroding brain was that it takes no additional force to surpass the actuation point, and having the bump there is just a bonus, there's no drawbacks at all.

I mean.. Sure? Browns can do this pretty easily too, the bump is quite damp, so you can press down on the edge of the actuation point and do two quick jabs fairly easily.

Mechanical keyboards are not remotely expensive you dumb idiot

Again the bump lowers your apm stop talking about shit you obviously know nothing about.

the memes make blue switches sound unbearably loud. I mean people waking up from them being used, the entire thing about them is how fucking loud they are.

this is not motivating me to get one, despite the fact that they by far seem like the most appealing switches in terms of feel.

Almost as autistic as a mouse thread.

Attached: 1556703940789.gif (640x360, 1.72M)

>A bump that takes no force to surpass lowers your apm.
You're a fucking idiot.

Because most good games don't? Mechanical keyboards are not 'gaming' keyboards, they are autist keyboards for some select few games

How do I know I'm not getting ripped off with fake shit?
They even have fake mechanical keyboards in Best Buys and Targets now, not just sketchy Amazon pages.

reds for gaming, blues for typing. browns are in the middle

No you absolutely are, unlike you I own keyboards for every single standard cherry switch and have tested all of them on various games that require anywhere from 100-300 apm. Browns are fucking trash for that.

so basically your answer is browns, because nobody does just 1 of the two, at least not here on Yea Forums

Nice parroting

Again why are you talking about them then? If you want a keyboard for only typing then go with fucking blues because they are the best for that.

Best switches. Browns are a fucking meme for redditors who like saying "I LIKE GAMING BUT I ALSO LIKE TYPING"

Attached: 41zyw+5iZIL._SL1080_.jpg (1080x1080, 31K)

Now this is autism

Reddit fucking hates browns, go check r/mechanicalkeyboards if you don't believe me. They seem to absolutely detest them.

Thanks for confirming you have no argument. Stop talking about shit you know nothing about makes you look retarded.

Found a perfect set

Attached: HTB1N.5qosnI8KJjSsziq6z8QpXa4.jpg (1000x657, 120K)

No, membrane switches are better. Mechanical switches are shit

People with blues, how loud are they? are they fucking bad? like to the point where you feel like maybe it wasn't worth it

Attached: I actually wanna die.jpg (225x225, 6K)

I run Greens on my board, and specifically asked if my room mates could hear it on mic or in person, and they said they can't.

They aren't as loud as the memes say but if you have someone right next to you they will probably get annoying.

Not as retarded as the guy who buys over half a dozen keyboards

r/mk has some good taste actually, it's more r/gaming that shill Browns and Corsair boards.

what kind of saddo buys a certain keyboard just because you want it to make a noise
it's beyond childlike

You can type fine with reds, it's just not ideal. If you play a lot of games, and also need to type a ton, you might as well get two keyboards
Nice post

Keyboards are cheap and I enjoy testing different switches and layouts. Whatever helps you cope though I guess.

I don't.
Will they get annoying to me?

I got your kids toy right here.

Attached: 1541185246111.jpg (850x638, 55K)

Cope with what, being smart enough to test keyboards before I buy one I like?

I guess it depends on the person but no I don't think they will and if you have headphones you probably wont hear them at all.

But I like all my keyboards with the exception of the brown one probably. So they were worth every penny and the brown one was only like 90 dollars.

What are some good keyboards with black switches? Also weren't these more popular a couple years ago? They seem to be somewhat rare now.

Gateron clears

Filco,Leopold, and Ducky make good boards.

read reviews and ask online at places like

I have blues and I regret it. Good luck listening to music while shitposting with these pieces of shit.

Reminder that you need to lube your browns and dont pretend they are tactile for they to become actually good.

I love my lubed browns to death

Attached: IMG_0309.jpg (3072x2304, 1.94M)

Seriously though, do these look too faggy? I mean people wear pink shirts right

Attached: TB2MMTckcnI8KJjSspeXXcwIpXa__134583372.jpg (800x800, 80K)

Not that guy but I would probably buy that and I'm straight. But I also really like cherry blossoms so if anyone I knew saw the keyboard they wouldn't assume I was a fag.

don't tell me you're too retarded to realize you need a PC to use that keyboard, right?

I have open-back headphones, so I definitely will, lol. I hear my rubber dome.
thanks, I hate everything. if only there was an easy choice.

mintedno

Has anyone made their sticks with these switches?

I've never used a mechanical keyboard. I used a model M maybe 20 years ago but since then it's basically always been membrane shit since I never got too into PCs.

Is there a good mechanical keyboard for a starter? Like something that's not too hard to open up and replace switches on, cause I figure I'd just buy fucking everything to try it out and feel what was nicest to me.

You can buy a switch tester and just buy a keyboard of whichever you like the most.

ALPs blue were the best, cherry MX switches are utter fucking garbage.

can you explain what that has to do with the cost of the mechanical keyboard, or did you just go full retard?

didn't know switch testers were a thing, is there a particular one that'd be good? I'm full well prepared to spend $150 or so, I woudl just rather not buy something I'd hate, y'know?

I think they look cute (but not the one in that pic)

They are all basically the same from my experience, they are just a piece of plastic with one of every cherry switch on it(only like 20 dollars). They won't give you a real typing experience but they will atleast let you get a general feel for them.

Magic Hand

Attached: F123055F-9E53-4C9A-B7BF-9522F083BCC9.jpg (728x577, 267K)

You can get a GMMK. I know the name is kinda cringe, but the keyboard is hotswap so you can remove the switches to replace them or open them up to modify them without the need to desolder the whole keyboard. It's basically like Lego

youtu.be/qnh5SbpCQmE?t=431

Here's your "tactile" switch, bro.

Truly and utterly based.

Whichever ones are hardest to depress. I believe it's greens.

I think I give up. I can't really settle on one, feels like taking a loss no matter what switch I go for.

Yeah I used gamerfinger. They are very mushy and quiet if use red and black switches. Don't use blue because they feel really slow when you need to press rapid punch or kicks. I haven't use brown switches yet. If you do buy them, I recommend you buy the red or black switches because they may be mushy but there respond time is very quick. One other thing, the best part about these switches is that you can rest your fingers on them without worrying about accidentally pressing them.

you are supposed to just try keyboards at the store and buy the one that feels best

But they only sell corsair and razer memeshit at stores.

TADA68 vs Ducky Mini 2?

Attached: DrIfiOgUUAAAkap.jpg (1200x900, 177K)

that would be Greys or Greys for cherry since both those switches use the same springs and are heavier than greens or clears

That should still give you a general idea of what switches you like. after that you can buy a Leopold or Ducky with the switches you like.

OMG CHERRY SWITCHES!

Attached: Ducky One 2 Mini 60% Unboxing + Cherry MX Red_Blue Comparison-dEWw90pveUk.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

Black.

why not post the fortnite Ducky Ones instead?

Kailh Royals, they feel good.

The ones they display in stores only have reds or blues though or even worse some chinkshit brown knockoff.

All of it is dickwaving, even blues are passable at worst. At least have something mechanical.

But if you really want the best of the best, i'd say reds.

gatreon browns

>"all that matters"
sounds like you're the one who's eating crayons, retard

what's your problem with razer? is your hipster-autism triggered by the backlight?

you don't buy mechanical keyboards unless you have a pc

I don't like razer because they overprice their products and try to trick you into buying chinkshit switches.

not really, they just rebrand keyboards from other manufacturers and charge a premium for it. I can get the same keyboard for less on aliexpress.

and? PCs are cheep just like mechanical keyboards

>8 hours of researching gone to waste because I can't make my mind up
I'll never buy a mechanical keyboard because I'll never settle for a switch.

Attached: IakWxs9.gif (300x220, 52K)

Only if you're a troglodyte typing with index fingers only and bottoming out at every press.

Yea they're excellent, the keys feel very sturdy and the clickety clack sounds thinner and less mushy to me. I write a lot for my job also and they feel great for "regular" use.

Attached: 1425430439728.png (589x444, 11K)

You can buy more than one keyboard they are only like 100 dollars nowadays.

who cares about that if you can type fast enough

Attached: optimum typing form.webm (480x640, 2.7M)

We do nigger

Attached: 1449746342001.gif (640x360, 983K)

You can't on a buckling spring. It's like a fucking typerwiter, also the actuation and depth vary between keys. They're only memed by poorfags who can't afford anything better than a garage sale Model M.

actuation force*

yes you can, the worlds fastest typist used a typewriter and had no issues with it. if you include steno then a the fastest typist used a piano

>actuation and depth vary between keys
Have you used a model M because that's wrong? IBM keyboards are great because of their consistency. Even their rubber domes are top tier.

does this make mechanical keyboards much more expensive than membrane variants? no, of course not.

you can use mechanical keyboards on consoles

the fuck is a chinkshit switch? either the switch works good or it does not, and that's something you find out when you try the keys, which is why I told you to try out the keyboards in the store.

then buy that keyboard on aliexpress instead. dumbass.

i recognize those asses
google seems to think this image only exists as a mousepad preview, for some fucking reason.

Attached: 510gy8iFZHL.jpg (500x500, 40K)

No you fucking retard they make the switches in china and there is tons of variation in the quality from switch to switch even on the same board sometimes. Stop coping so hard you got scammed hard by them.

Alright, Their keyboards are overpriced garbage.
How do i know? Because i earn some extra bucks repairing keyboards, and the razer ones are the absolute worst, most keyboards only has one or two failing switches and thats pretty normal but razer always have at least half the keyboard falling apart, 8 out of 10 razer keyboards i have used in gayming centers has chattering on a certain degree, and thats pretty bad considering that even the most chink $20 buck keyboard has way better quality control than razer.

Attached: IMG_0005.jpg (3072x2304, 1.65M)

between red and brown, what would you pick?
to me red sounds better, brown sounds like a bad tactile switch and a bad linear switch.

Attached: A01.png (712x471, 208K)

>go to the store to try switches
>store only sells razershit with reds, can't test anything and even if you wanted the razer it's cheaper not in the store
>then just buy it on aliexpress hurr i forgot about the testing switches in person part durrrrr

>brown sounds like a bad tactile switch and a bad linear switch.
It is
Reds are atleast good at something and they really aren't too bad to type on(still better than memebrane shit)

razer keyboards allow you to test the switches before you buy, there's a hold in the boy so you can click the arrow keys...

I'm starting to regret getting blue switches. I like the clickyness but it's so fucking loud that everyone can hear it when I use a mic. At this point I don't talk anymore so that I don't annoy my teammates.

Try whites, I felt the same thing

Attached: kbwvfv.jpg (1000x750, 181K)

I've had blues, browns, and reds and I prefer reds the most. They just feel really smooth. It's nice. I think browns are the worst of the three. I actually spilled on my keyboard recently and used a brown switch keyboard for a couple days while it dried out only to quickly find myself getting sick of using it and even struggling with some inputs in fighting games.

>numpad on the left
my brother

Get a ciy keyboard where you can hot swap out the switches. I bought mine with outemu blues and switched to gateron greens by just plugging them in. Also I put linears on 4 keys for osu and got a speed navy for a heavier spacebar.

Mines a teamwolf zhuque, $50. Only problem is you have to super glue the stabilizers, ugly gamer font and single color leds.

Go to sites like novelkeys or switchtop to get switches, costs about $30 for a tkl. Overall get gaterons over cherry, they're smooth like butter.

I just checked and cherry makes heavier switches now (green)
but it's just 80 and black is already 60
+120 when?
I'm going to have to have custom switches manufactured at this rate

I live in a nordic country, none of this is an option for me.

yes it is, it just costs a bit more. An ISO GMMK with Nordic keycaps and some box switches will run you around $130

I regret getting a mechanical keyboard, I feel for the memes. I want it to break down so I can get a new one...

Attached: 4703b7456c3b87c636521453abac8c28.jpg (1200x1151, 178K)

Those didn't exist when I got my board

Attached: 1553021173091.jpg (1077x1078, 529K)

Brown is suppose to be the versatile cherry. Good for gaming and good for typing. If you want specialization then don't use them.
I always love things in life that have versatility so they satisfy me.

what did you get? what switches?

I prefer the feel of membranes. I have blue. Red. Brown. Buckling spring.

I would switch to rubber domes this jnstand if I could find one which allowed me to press enough buttons at once (yes it does matter in most games I play)

Corair CHERRY® MX Red, I just like the feel of regular keyboards much more. And it is such a pain in the ass to clean

So why get a mechanical keyboard instead of a membrane one? What makes them so special besides the clickity clack sounds?

They feel better to type/game on.

Roccat's Isku and Horde keyboards uses rubber, but with some nkro capabilities.

There are so many infinite types of autism around. I will never reach the end of it. I had no idea fuckign keyboard scene existed.

Life is truly endless.

Attached: 1501794187657.png (494x703, 863K)

more durable
more reliable responses to button presses
and that's it apart from nice clickecy clack sounds/button presses being heavier which are personal preference

I have red I think. I've never tried the others hut from my experience red is really good

I have that exact keyboard
10/10 would recommend

I felt the same way learning about fashion, particularly shoes. It was so overwhelming I said
"nope" I don't give a fuck just jeans and a t shirt for me.

no, they feel worse. not enough button resistance, not enough button clickyness

membrane

>more reliable responses to button presses
that's wrong, membrane keyboards are just as reliable. it's not like you ever have to click a key twice because the first time didn't register.

>Cherry
Lmao, enjoy your scratchy linears (unless you got vintage or retooled ones), tactiles that aren't tactile, and clickies that sound like cheap rattly plastic shit.

Model M for life

Not him but Im trying to get a good keyboard cheaply as possible as well. Glorious GMMK is like 75€ (84 usd) without any switches or caps. Switches and caps will run around 50 eur at very very least so youre still at like 135 eur aka 150 usd

in terms of press progress, user
membranes aren't as accurate in terms of when activation happens and how far you've pressed the key
it's really only noticeable if you hit keys in a way that they only barely get activated or the membrane is used up

So just buy an actual keyboard instead of memeing around with shit tier switches

Here's your cheap, good keyboard. It just fucking works.

Attached: 1552225673146.jpg (1200x828, 92K)

I doubt it. Greys have been a thing since the 90s. They're just specialty order switches and most manufacturers just buy premade bulk shipments

what switches?

Sounds like you are talking about a membrane keyboard.

nigga just buy a 10 bucks full keyboard the fuck you talking about lmao

Agreed. membrane switches are so cheap that they allow manufacturers to pass the savings onto you

Attached: My SSKs.jpg (4032x3024, 2.52M)

some membrane keyboards like the model M feel way better to type on then any cherry trash you can get

>Get blues
>Clickity Clackity
>Leave chat on open mic and hear faggots absolutely seethe at my level of intense play and APM
>When I code I literally and audibly program into the fabric of space-time
>Flatmate with anxiety issues says it's comforting to hear me typing away late into the night because it reminds her someone she knows is in the house.
>Probably gonna dump some balls-deep loads any day now
Why haven't you gotten blues yet? You gay son?

this
I could never enjoy typing on a mechanical keyboards, cheap office keyboards (especially chiclet ones, or just ones with very little depth in general) feel much better to me
this is what I have right now, I've never had a backlit keyboard before and I must say it's quite nice

Attached: LD0005231449_2.jpg (1600x1600, 241K)

Outemu blacks
Cheaper than cherry but just as good.

that's called sensitivity.

This is one of the best membrane keyboards I've ever had. Very ergonomic and better at typing than mechanical keyboards. It still isn't the best for gaming, but damn its smooth.

Attached: Logitech Membrane KB.png (745x595, 257K)

no, Im talking about the steelseries k850 or whatever cherry red keyboard

Clear
Used to use blues but they got annoying

A membrane BS isn’t the best for gaming because of more force is needed to press the keys down.

I did, that shit was annoying.

Build a board with these, they are amazing imo

Attached: 8S-Af8vuZHmYIgpQwatSdEzEMuLaskRlGaL7tKS_xpc.jpg (600x401, 41K)

do you have no muscle in the fingers?

I don't consume soya products and buckling springs are only 5g heavier than reds, and reds are already extremely light.

Yeah, thats what you get with memeing around with GMMK

fuck browns
not enough feedback to know its full depressed

i need to save up to get blues, really wish i got the blues for my old ducky shine
goddamnit i dont have enough money for a newkeyboard AND monitor

and im due for a CPU upgrade soon enough
fuck everything

Filco Majestouch 2, the one and only.

Attached: 1548744109850.png (1200x386, 502K)

Which mechanical switch is the least likely to annoy my roommate to death?

i switched from blues to brown. I liked the blues a lot more, but it's obnoxious to set up noise gates with them when i'm talking to home boys because the clacking is so god damn loud.

Brown. I play a lot of FPS. Blue is shit for AD strafing. Red is comparable gaming wise but it just feels like shit to type on.

Zilents

I have an ikbc 108 with blues.

This is a fucking requirement to have and I don't know why not every keyboard comes with it. Destroyed the last one once I realized that I was removing the entire switch and supports with the keycap.

Attached: keypryer.jpg (400x214, 7K)

Old school buckling springs that were in the old IBM keyboards.
He will not be annoyed at all because he'll be deaf.

They are not rare or any more expensive than other switches. Go to mechanicalkeyboards.com and stop shopping for your mechanicals at fucking best buy, they're overpriced trash.

I use browns at home and blues at work. I used reds on a cheap newegg keyboard years ago, but it died and I never really wanted to go back to reds.

whoa bro stop with the fake news. Razer optical switches at not .1ms.

Brown, like America.

>and blues at work

Your co-workers hate you. Just in case you didnt know.

do you use the numpad for gaming?

blues are for kids. might was well dye your hair green and get blinky shoes as well

>spilled voltage in my Durandal twice
>soaking didn't fix it the second time
Do I try taking it apart or just press F and look for a new one? The Excalibur SE looks solid, and advertises "spill resistance" for morons like me.

I work in a warehouse. There are much louder things than clicky clacky noises. Not to mention each of our desks are like 15 feet apart from each other.

That keyboard looks like something you'd play Sakura Wars on. I like it.

Not him, but I do.

Fucking BASED

Attached: MV5BNDMyYmFhNjgtOGRhMC00MjliLWEwNGYtYmUzZGE1MTU1ZTUzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjgwNTk3OTU@._V1_[1].jpg (1186x768, 77K)

Brown. Tactile feel of a blue without being loud enough to wake the dead. I've tried reds, browns, and blues. The browns were slightly less tactile than a blue, but there was a MASSIVE difference in sound.

Blue for office, brown for home.

Depends on how you type, but probably brown. Blues will annoy him with the sound. Red CAN annoy people with sound but for a different reason. Blues create sound because of their audible click. Reds, because they have no tactile bump, often lead to people pushing all the way down on the key and causing it to bottom out against the board, making more noise. Browns have a tactile bump like blues, but it does not click anywhere near as loudly. And because you can physically feel when the key activates you can accurately use lighter key presses for more silent typing.

If you can do that without a tactile bump then reds will be the most silent, but a lot of people simply can't even after using reds for years so I'd recommend brown to be on the safe side.

Why would you do it that way instead of the other way around? Guarantee all your coworkers hate you for using blues.

Fun fact: Blues have lead to more workplace shootings than any other mechanical switch.

Save a life, ditch the blues.

>Nu-males ears can't handle chad blues
Based

>coworkers
I prefer to call them "my team" and I want them to hear me in their cubes. They would hate me even if I didn't use blues, so it's a moot point.

Attached: ZestyMajorGharial-small.gif (336x252, 366K)

>keyboard on sale
>TKL

Attached: 1501928244907.jpg (666x720, 101K)

You've never heard a selectric with a broken clutch bearing. 8 horsepower of typing.

Then get Box Jade or Navy switches. They're louder than MX Blues and due to the way they're designed they click twice per keystroke. Pair them with thin ABS caps and cheap unlubed stabilizers and the entire building will come after you with torches and pitchforks.

How do I lube my keyboards?
Also,
>Brown
My nigga

Based team player

doesn't matter, at this point its mainly just a placebo effect depending on your preferences for how much you like the click clack

Why wouldn't you just get a board with Gat Reds at that point though? Any way the correct thing to do with browns is throw them away and use Box Royals instead.

Jizz on them.

I just ordered my first reds. I've been using blues up to now. I hope they make night time typing a little quieter. But I would miss the clicks.

blue with a keyboard that has the metal twang sound like the ducky stuff. so good

Just get one for $30. Even if you don't like it, I'm sure you can find a use for a backup keyboard.

youtube.com/watch?v=qSgPKPoFo2k
youtube.com/watch?v=cD5Zj-ZgMLA

>MX blue
>metal twang
lol

>remove the deep thock of bottoming out
>leave the rattly plastic click
What a horrible idea

i got a corsair one with blue keys
it feels good and that is all i care.
its not like the keyboard matter that much, as long as it works and it feel kinda good then its doing its job

What's the loudest key switch? I want to make sure everyone in my voice chats are deafened by my wpm and the blues just don't quite cut it

Attached: Antagonize.jpg (400x400, 24K)

Beamsprings with the solenoid turned on

>hurr my 600 dollar keyboard is better than your shitty 100 dollar keboard
why are mech keyboard fanboys such pretentious pricks? they're almost on the level of audiophiles

Attached: audiophiles.webm (640x360, 2.55M)

I like them on my number pad.

A keyboard with switches based on nukes

Attached: 1554838745980.gif (282x263, 1.18M)

Ducky fuccbois where we at?

Attached: IMG_20190123_202720191.jpg (4160x3120, 3.35M)

Based bluesman. Keep on clicking and clacking, this ones on me, cheers.

Switches don't enhance gameplay in the slightest you're all just trash at games

Attached: Stride.gif (96x143, 12K)

Hey, that's unfair! Mechanical faggots aren't buying pebbles to enhance their typing! At least no yet.

Attached: Brilliant_Pebbles_All.jpg (1200x904, 138K)

>he doesn't know
etsy.com/listing/713971014/stone-artisan-keycap-blank-mt3-profile?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=artisan keycap&ref=sr_gallery-1-11&frs=1

ive never even considered this but that's way better than normal

I've been using red switches for 6 years and wouldn't recommend them either. Any benefit in speed isn't worth all the times I've accidentally cast a spell in a game from the lightest touch.

Any recommendations for a blue keyboard with numpad?

Just get a ducky one cheap and decent quality.

Eh, that at least adds something, even if it is just cosmectic. Now those fucking pebbles are a different story.

Attached: mikro-pebbles.jpg (510x342, 28K)

is this shit a one time thing or do I have to do it often?

This.

Clicky clackity keyboard is best keyboard.

good lube lasts like 3-4 years

how small can you go?

Attached: 30%.jpg (640x480, 90K)

>CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK CLACK
Oh yeah, gr8 4 gaymang

>mx blue
>not alps, box or buckling spring

Attached: 1483195643496.png (413x403, 113K)

Ducky one 2 at home and Das Keyboard Professional 4 at work.

Attached: 1556909959439.gif (477x318, 244K)

is this anygood?

Attached: apex pro.jpg (1500x801, 904K)

Wait for wooting two

Explain pls

machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm what in the fuck

Cherry Green

Attached: MV5BMzkzMTg2NTQxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzI1MzczMjE@._V1_UY268_CR87,0,182,268_AL_.jpg (182x268, 9K)

Even with browns people on discord can easily hear my clickety-clack typing. I don't regret buying, but it's something I didn't consider/see discussed much in these threads.

Use push to talk ffs
Why do normies never do this

cause we're too lazy to get into the habit

I don't know what key to set it to, and it's hard to do that when you're in the middle of an intense game

either c or v for FPS, it doesn't get in the way at all if you're not retarded and have dexterity in your thumb.

Good idea

Attached: violence_has_escalated.jpg (567x567, 60K)

Who /ninjakeys/ here?

Attached: 51mIKQ3KMRL._SX355_.jpg (355x266, 11K)

Keep in mind that you first need to take apart the switches. Most of the time this means desoldering, unless you have a board with hotswappable switches, or the plate has the notches to allow for switch disassembly while they're still mounted, or if they're PCB mounted and have no plate at all. Stabilizers are either Cherry-style, which keep the bar under the keyplate and thus requires removing the switches unless again they're PCB-mount switches with no plate, or Costar stabilizers, which have the bar above the plate and are thus always accessible without removing the switches. You can still lube Cherry-style stabs a bit without removing them by applying some through the cutout in the keyplate with like a cotton swab, but the results won't be quite as good as proper disassembly and lubing.

I never understand why people like the blue switches. I'm fairly certain that 90% of the sound the keyboard makes is from the impact when the keycaps hit the base of the keyboard which is fairly loud in and of itself already.
Nobody presses on the keys lightly enough to only hear the switch anyway.

Because its the feeling not the sound.

Post your keycaps

Attached: 330b3ce68742e206914ff882474d236e_1024x1024.jpg (790x527, 56K)

>Nobody presses on the keys lightly enough to only hear the switch anyway
Some people can do that actually. Even many people who do bottom out do so softly enough at least to hear both the click and the thock. That's one of the big advantages of mechanical keyboards is that not needing to bottom out often causes people to develop a more relaxed typing style because they don't have to punch the keys for god's sake to ensure that a stroke registers. Admittedly though, if I were cursed with MX blues, I'd go just shy of a Stomp routine on my keyboard to drown out the horrible sound of those shitty click jackets.

Fortnite the board

Attached: 1311nhdrdt821.jpg (4032x3024, 959K)

>the fuck are those things
*looks at thread*
>there are still people that use mechanical keyboards in 2019

Attached: 1366350058277.jpg (406x347, 16K)

>People use better keyboards in the current year where they are cheaper than ever
Crazy concept I know.

This, just why?
>Muh placebo

>keyboards were cheap in the 80's

>Durr keyboards were expensive 40 years ago even though by year 30 they were dirt cheap
Its funny, originally membrane was the superior type before. Of course after they got popular a niche had to be carved for autists so mech keyboards came back with 100% more markup. Now that theyre once again mainstream youre seeing razee membrane etc

Attached: 1565650853606.jpg (456x366, 100K)

>originally membrane was the superior type before.
They never were, they were just cheap and easily manufactured.

You sir are a true friend

I switch them out as I need it
my noppo started as blue, soldered in silent blacks on "gaming keys" when WoW was my main game, resoldered A/D to speed copper when I switched to fps games.
Also some box navy+jade on there for modifiers, esc and so on
>which ones are best
currently I like speed coppers best

Nothing personel

Attached: CynosaChromaPro_OGimage-1200x630.jpg (1200x630, 257K)

>Razer makes another shitty product
What.... how could this be happening...

>Its funny, originally membrane was the superior type before
Mechanical keyboards can use membranes as well. The Model M uses a membrane, and even that was a cost-cutting measure when IBM were moving on from the Model F, which used the same buckling spring switches, except that one had a PCB. Membranes can sense switch presses like a PCB, but they're cheaper and more limited in function. You're thinking of rubber dome over membrane specifically.

The original sales pitch for rubber dome over membrane was that they're quieter than mechanical keyboard designs. In fact they weren't even that cheap when they were first introduced, because people were used to comparatively high keyboard costs at the time. They were never pitched as being better, and were certainly never considered that way by people who use them.

>after they got popular a niche had to be carved for autists so mech keyboards came back with 100% more markup
That's just the thing though, mechanical keyboard prices have never really gone up. Computers used to cost a fuckload and were therefore out of the reach of the consumer, and thus designed with professional applications in mind. Because of this, longevity and build quality were high priorities, including for the keyboard, and the cost associated with this was unimportant, because it would be companies footing the bill for this, not Joe Schmo buying a Fortnite machine for their kid. Designs cheapened over time when consumer PCs became a thing, but mechs were still more expensive, things really only got super cheap because rubber dome over membrane was able to lower the price of manufacturing below a level mechanical boards couldn't approach.

The high price of mechs when they came back was just because they were just about that expensive before, at least for Cherry MX. It wasn't until the market was surging AND Chinese MX clones hit that prices were finally able find a lower point of entry that ever before in their history.

Blue

CLICKYCLICKYCLICKYCLICKY