Mario Maker 2- Shill and Chill

>CTRL-F
>no mario maker thread
Let’s fix that.

Attached: C93C0F3F-ADBF-4CA1-8F4A-37F888150C31.jpg (1600x889, 238K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=42PPVRWeAXA
youtube.com/watch?v=jRq7U-TkLYc&t=7s
vocaroo.com/i/s0IjL68soIsw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

4-[C] Undying flame
13H-CH8-71H

I am currently having a bit of stifled creativity and my vacation is over so level creation has been slow. I am halfway done with the airship of world 4 and will soon begin on world 5 which I have a ton of ideas for so that world will be quick to create! Just need a cool gimmick for the world 4 airship atm. Was thinking of making a giant airship but currently i'm toying with the idea to make a non-scrolling one that takes place indoors.

Mondo, I saw your reply in the archived thread! Looks like we are both hitting world 5 soon! I'll check out your newest creations today!

Attached: EBso0x6UYAAlIYg.jpg (1280x720, 136K)

Bump, also anchor.

Attached: 3C9AC9DD-0DC3-440D-A5DB-472EC363F7DF.png (191x264, 3K)

Haven’t played through the rest of your levels, but this was fun. I will say that some of the platforming became much harder with a super mushroom, although I don’t know if that was by design or not.

Got sick of making easy levels so I made a level around my skill level. I’m not very good at making hard levels so tell me how I did. It’s poison platforming
Close to the Edge
W24-3Q6-6CG

Finally got to upload this just now.

Mario: The Final Years
7GY-SFB-8LG

Warning: While it has no shell or spring jumps in it, this level is ... a little bit on the difficult side

Attached: finalyears.jpg (867x550, 173K)

Hey man you hit the spiked gold medal. What more could you possibly achieve?

Think I'm getting better at making levels. R8?

W6X-Q24-M9G

Attached: DFJiUChVwAI_0An.jpg (680x498, 53K)

Didn't see there was an anchor post now, that makes things way more convenient ty user

Why don't people like NSMBU?

I went nuts with the fireballs on that level. After beta testing it I came to the conclusion that most people will damage boost the first section and that's fine. There is that one part where you fall into the lava if you're not careful. I died a few times when testing it but I figured the training wheels must come off at some point and it is pretty close to the start of the level so I don't mind a difficult jump there if you're big mario.
Thanks for playing! I appreciate it!

That was random as hell. I usually sit at a silver medal for maker points weekly but I had maybe 3 people who played through all my levels and liked every single one. Then I had like 5 levels in the popular tab and got a ton of plays/likes there (as well as a fuckton of dislikes on my semi water level). The medal I got is probably the easiest one to get when it comes to "world first" though and It's more about momentum and luck than anything else. I already lost it and went back to silver medal lol.

I do enjoy the crown/robe costume. It lends a bit of authenticity to my levels but the medals are meaningless since you can't keep them. Even if I sat at 0 maker points i'd probably continue making levels. It's a work of passion for me and I never expected much points from the get go, especially after water land -_-

looks like shit and the mechanics are harder to design around.

It's a pretty.. weird level? I mean it was alright to play, I'm not sure I understand the theme or something but yeah, keep making levels bro

I actually like it. I love the wall jumps, the air twirls, the ground pounds and so on, it feels great to play. I also think some themes look very nice in NSMBU for example the castle or the airship (especially night).

Yeah, it would be really nice if the upcoming patch made it so you can at least see the highest medals you had in each category.

I agree that it's not the best aesthetic option but I find wall jumps hard to pass up on and easy to design around. 3D World is the one that's hard to design around because of how overpowered Mario's moveset is, between the spin jump, wall jumps, long jumps, somersault, crouch-walking and whatnot.

Personally its the air twirl that fucks with my designing as you have to account for people mashing air twirl for max distance and for fags who never use it. Its also hard to telegraph when you want people to use it (without explicitly using the symbol). Wall jumping is nice though.

Also I will do a full effort hand drawn comment on any course of your choice for anyone who is crazy enough to beat it

Attached: 1339699117869.gif (480x270, 383K)

Yeah it would be nice with a patch like that but I kinda hope Nintendo releases more tools for each theme instead. We're missing so much stuff that I get depressed. SMB3 which I have experience with makes me feel handicapped as I have ideas that I literally have to change in every level because of how limiting the software is.

At the very least they could have put in the Koopa kids as bosses with their wands and frog/hammer/tanuki suit -_-

>koopalings
no thank you

Attached: 1556486996610.png (1280x1200, 1.39M)

I would have loved them for my airship levels, but I can see that they would quickly turn cancerous in all the terrible levels where they spam boss fights.

I just don't like how so many people are only asking for things that have only been in 2D Mario games. Like the Koopalings, or even fucking Mouser. We should have things that are more important to Mario's general history, not just the 2D games, even if some of the things have never been in an actual 2D game at all.

All of the real styles are 2D so having shit from 3D marios doesn't make any sense as the mechanics are completely different.

Fair point. I'm just an oldschool guy when it comes to Mario games so I am biased. I never really cared for Wii U or 3D in this game.

It's really not hard to adapt a 3D element into 2D with even the tiniest bit of imagination. Just picture King Bob-Omb as a slow and immobile boss that's immune to jumps and throws Bob-ombs at Mario.

Why not everything. They've been waiting with this update for a while.
They could just add all those things at once.

I mean, the first big update for SMM1 added checkpoints among other things iirc. Pretty big deal.

Sincerely appreciate any feedback

My courses:

The Rocket Launch Facility (*NEW*)
Level Id: 196-KFX-DGF
Style: SMB1
Difficulty: Hard
Description: Mario must escape from the Rocket Launch Facility, a epic stage with 4 parts.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MRADIUS - A Gradius Tribute
Level Id: DYP-F77-JPG
Style: SMW
Difficulty: Normal
Description: A adaptation of the first stage of the classic shooter Gradius.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cannon Frenzy
Level Id: TG4-QYG-5VF
Style: SMB3
Description: Cannons, there's a lot of cannons, some are helpful and some are deadly.

- Toy Box REDUX
Level Id: 885-4VF-82G
Style: 3D World
Description: In this world, even the most carefree toy is deadly, so take care and enjoy the ride. This course have 3 parts, a car section and a boss.
This new version have a much more moderate difficult and a new beginning.

Ladeira a Baixo
Level Id: 3QH-TVG-S5G
Style: SMB3
Difficulty: Easy
Description: A very simple stage with nice aesthetics and usage of water, short and Sweet.

Attached: 1565560918911.jpg (500x374, 67K)

Played your Rocket Launch Facility, very cool man. I like that wiggler in space part and the "lift" to the rocket before that the most, creative and cool. Also challenging.
That was great!

Reminder to go to settings and lock your tags otherwise people who dislike you or are mad at you for some reason will change the tags of all your courses to stupid stuff like "music + auto mario"

YOU should be thankful to me for making content for you to enjoy. I don't owe you anything for playing my level. You did not do me a favor by playing it, I did you a favor by making it.

Bit Crusade 3 is the game I'm currently creating within Mario Maker 2, utilizing all of the games current styles. My courses play like traditional Mario stages, with level theming, hidden goodies, and scaling difficulty. Every stage has 5 red coins hidden within that unlock an optional ultra bonus room at the end of each level.

Starting Stage:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG
Introduction course, meant to ease newcomers into the game and teach them the basics.

Current Stage: NEW!
4-4: Jr.'s Airship Prison 3X3-YB3-CXG
Falling into a trap set by the Koopa Prince, Mario must escape the airship prison and defeat his captors. Moderately difficult airship stage with a boss fight, and the end of World 4.

Feedback is appreciated and returned, I like to make webms of other anons levels in addition to leaving comments and crappy doodles

Right on man, hope ya like em. I’m almost all caught up on yours, I think I only have two left then I’m up to date. I probably won’t have any new stages out until Thursday since I’m pretty much living at work this week but I might be able to squeeze some time in to start World 5 before then. World 3 of yours was awesome btw, by far my favorite set of the bunch.

please tell me I don't have to gp cancel to do the air stalling icicle section

Sorry, you do have to, although initially the P switch was much lower and you had to gp cancel much harder, I've made it more lenient since my first draft

fuck. I have the other 3 coins but i'm probably going to give up unless I can manage to cheese it through the 1 way

You can do it user. Twirl pound twirl pound twirl pound, don't give up! I'm actually surprised you got the other 3 already, wow.

how the fuck would some of those work in 2D

Thanks, man
I'm gonna play your stage if you have any

D13-YSY-MYG

8P0-6DP-SVF

VDC-659-1NF

All boss fights
No gimmicks to win
Out skill your enemy

Yeah I'm also living at work, overtime everyday last week -_-

Funny how you like world 3 above the others, I do too but players don't. I steadily lost 200 points per day while I had no internet. It began when I uploaded my water levels so I assume it is because of that. Only yesterday I managed to regain my maker points due to luck.

Gonna check out your levels right now, it's been a while!

I'm actually contemplating making a super difficult world 9 star road kinda thing if I have energy for it once I'm done with my 8 worlds. Was thinking of naming 1 of those levels after you! SMW style!

My newest level!
Title: "This Ain't No Bank Robbery!"
ID: H0N-DW2-58G

I'm actually not too pleased they way this came out thematically, but I think the mechanics/gameplay worked well enough!

Also feel free check out my other levels!

Boo Brothers' House of Laughs:
V4K-M9W-SLF

The Mushroom Kingdom Triathlon:
8YD-28P-VRG

Sky Battle with Bowser Jr.:
3G5-NKN-C5G

Any and all feedback is welcome!

The other 3 didn't really require any tech so it wasn't too hard. maybe its just because I use joycons but even doing 2 gp cancels in a row is too inconsistent and it takes a long time get there to try again. I've spent more time trying that one section than the rest of the level combined.

Last level I made
>Booigi's Mansion
K14-X1V-1LG
Now i'm deciding on what level i should finish first:
-SMW snow mountain
-SMB3 train level
-SMB night underwater level
I hope i get inspiration soon

Hmm, I don't know about joycons. For me personally the #1 trouble maker was the saws. The upload check was an absolute nightmare having to do it all three times over without dying in a row cause of the checkpoints

I'm not sure how to help you here, you obviously know how to do ground pound cancels it's just a joycon issue I guess. Would be a real shame to throw the other 3 coins away and not get it but well.

Sure dude,

Attached: 145237417782.jpg (604x446, 33K)

Just beat your most recent one, Airship Prison.
Wew, your levels sure have gone up in difficulty dude. Very cool level with quite some challenge in it.
Gonna try to draw you a Bowser Jr. in a clown car or something, if I can pull it off.

Make a webm compilation of my mario final years :^)

brump

Played through your world 4. Its a good example why you will always have more maker points than me. Really detailed and well designed levels with optional exploration! I think I died 4 times to the hooks with the ON block in 4-1 before I spammed Zr to make it to the secret area down to the right instead. I can never successfully navigate hooks for the live of me..

4-4 was awesome. Really intense boss fight with a super good intro with the green shell breaking the ground, I missed a coin though.

Also the moving vines from noteblocks is a great idea. Makes me want to atleast add one of those in my pipe land levels!

Looking forward to world 5!

I've seen very very few underwater night levels, so maybe that. Wonder what you could do with it that would be fun.

finally gave up. tried for an hour for just that one little bit of kaizo. I wanted to beat it because you first cleared mine but I just couldn't do it. sorry :(

Attached: 1553825119890.jpg (531x683, 40K)

It's okay, don't force yourself - you are awesome for trying so hard as is!

It’s probably cause I’m a weirdo and don’t hate water stages as a default like most other people that play Mario games haha. Gratz on the premium gear btw, your mii looks like King Jason Vorhees.

>world 9 star road
Heh, I’m flattered, I was kicking that idea around too for one of my special zone stages when I get to it, a level that’s a shout-out to Yea Forums but that’s still a ways off from now.

It wasn’t too hard was it? We’re coming up on the mid game now so the kid gloves are slowly coming off. Mario Final Years? That a new stage ya made? I can check it out later tonight when I get out of work. Good luck with the draw dood, if it’s who I think it is then that one you did on Coral Reef Capers looked awesome.

For the hook part it shouldn’t be too bad if you use the midair twirl to augment your jumps, makes me glad I put the checkpoint right before that section. You’re not the first to jump to the right expecting death then finding the optional area down there. I’m surprised you don’t have as many maker points as I do seeing as how you got way more stages than me now, yours all play good and you’d think just by numbers you’d be racking them right up.

The intro for the boss fight in 4-4 was born solely for the fact that I wanted a 2 part fight with no interruptions to the boss music, I tested that section over and over until the shell run worked right AND so Jr. would follow you to the right so you could engage him for round 1. A 3 hit boss seemed too easy with how easy it is to stunlock him in the Koopa car, so the second round was born of that. Originally a key door would link the rooms but the thwomp sealing off the room when you go in works better I think and gets rid of the transitional part of going through a door. Plus if you’re crafty you can sneak the clown car in there too and make round 2 super easy, bypassing the claw and flame jets altogether.

>I'm actually contemplating making a super difficult world 9 star road kinda thing
If only we could give mushrooms to bill blasters...

Question for Mario 3 players; what would you like to see in a level?

Attached: 1564264526545.png (607x582, 403K)

In night time Ghost House and Underwater levels you can place an arrow sign beneath ground for a small bit of light that doesn't look out of place with something dumb like a POW Block or a Burner

CNT-R2V-Q0H

Sorry to disappoint then but an accident happened and the Bowser Jr. drawing is awful, but I posted it anyway because.

Lol don’t sweat it, really I’m happy to see any kind of comment or doodle on my stages when I get home so thanks for taking the time to do it man.

Forgot to say, I didn't think it was too hard, it was challenging and fun.Was just kind of surprised I suppose after your earlier stuff. I wonder what kind of clear rate it might get? What do you think?

The hooks worked as intended but I always die in any level hooks are in. I'm just bad -_-
The checkpoint was definitely placed at the best possible spot!

With many levels come many potential Boo's! I managed to piss off some guy called Fartsickle on Discord and he boo'd all my levels. It's 36 boo's in a few minutes so it can be pretty brutal... My points will be decimated in my later worlds when the difficulty ramps up because people won't enjoy that in endless.

I actually did sneak the clown car in, but died anyway because I forgot there was a torch underneath the door after the fight even though I remembered to dodge it when I had to jump up there during the battle... I felt stupid as hell but it gave me a chance to witness the intro again. It lines up super good with the boss music and feels really intense when the ground just falls apart!

This guy lol

Attached: Pathetic.png (1603x847, 194K)

Damn, you made an enemy for life

So this is the secret cabal discord I heard so much about...
The legends are true.

kek

Shhh...

TP8-2P0-XMF

Attached: Ampharos 6.png (270x301, 102K)

tfw most of those people are dead or barely play anymore

why
is this a meme I don't know about

Attached: 1328532604476.jpg (800x600, 75K)

I haven't seen Twoson (rip cute boos) or Fartman around and I think Silent hasn't been here for a bit but the others I still see.

based

I’m not sure actually. My level with the lowest clear rate is 2-4, which if I remember right is hanging around 8% or somewhere in that range. If they stay around 10% and above then I’m not usually too worried about it. It shouldn’t be that surprising, the level are sequential so they’re naturally gonna get harder over time, World 5 is the mid point for the main game so I’m shooting for intermediate as a base from now on instead of easyish. Believe me I could easily make my levels way harder than they are now but I’m trying to strike a balance for a smooth burn instead.

Lol what a dick

Dude if I had all that free time to make a cabal and society of MM2 assassins like you said I’d have way more levels up than I do now. Also lazy copypasta edit is lazy.

>japs can literally fit an entire novel in the level title cause of their kanji
how is this fair

Damn moonrunes hacking the text boxes

1WM-FL2-L0H
Spikey Plains

Made an effort to make a collectathon level with Spineys as the main enemy.

What's the trick here?

Attached: adadawdawdasd.jpg (1272x713, 414K)

Deleted Part Junkyard
>H44-M32-B3G
i fucking love mario bros 3's forest theme being all pipes and all the cool formations you can make with them, so i made this

Big Boo's Screamline Cruiser
>9KX-CHR-3NG
my first attempt at a boo level with it's own boss

feedback is appreciated

Attached: DSzQokz.jpg (750x1246, 119K)

dev block maybe

Great to see a Mario Maker thread with some buzz in it, 2 recent courses from me:

>Blue Sky Racer!
Race on a cloud against the motley racers of Sky Land
RBY-7H0-LHG
>Mineshaft Roll Fest 2: In Deep
Video related is the first of this series focused on rolling mechanic, but this one has no enemies just platforming.
B2D-9X6-34G

I have a bit of creative block at the moment so probably just playing for now. Give me a (you) and I guarantee a play.

Attached: FL5-DTQ-54G.webm (1280x720, 2.8M)

You can jump on spiked enemy bellies. Hit it on left side just as he turns to hit the soft part and make an awkward jump to the goal.

Ohh, damn.

>90% of all levels in super expert have at least one of the following: sniper thwomps, pick-a-door, pick-a-pipe, dropping you into crazy enemy spam or shell jump

**NEW LEVEL**
>Ice-Cold Mountain Climb
K33-3WW-9FG
Another traditional level except this one is mostly vertical and twice the size of the last level. Even more secrets.

Old levels:
>Dancing Desert Flowers
PCB-1K7-KLG
Traditional level with a buttload of secrets.

>Red-Hot Castle Rush
LJ1-75M-Y7G
Kind of a speedrun level, but not really.

Feedback is always appreciated.

Attached: 1565591922148.jpg (1163x1200, 204K)

I take forever (several weeks) to make a single level because I have so many principles and rules I want to abide. But it turns out worth it in the end, usually.

well that's one way to indirectly say how you are better than other creators here

833-VMW-2XG
I lean too much into death pits and enemies for challenge, so I tried to do three simple challenge themes where the only risk is running out of time from sucking. Not sure if I succeeded.

Attached: 1553729045834.png (860x723, 874K)

I might be better at making levels but I'm also slower. Not just in the level-creation sense but generally mentally slow. I'm a bit retarded to be honest.

>didn't even back down
lol

post code
o
s
t

c
o
d
e

I've been redesigning the same level over and over again to try and get the design perfect, should I just phone it in and upload it already?
I chose a mechanic that's a bit fiddly to work with, which doesn't help

make a short webm of the most problematic part and post it and maybe people will tell you what they think

> a long series of densely packed precise jumps split into 'challenge rooms' with completely different ideas
I have to be honest, I really hate these levels. I'm not going to do the whole 'emperor's clothes' thing and pretend to like it. Milly's version was shit, too. Why would you even put all these rooms together in one level other than to be annoying, anyways? Does anyone REALLY, GENUINELY like these types of levels? The worst offense is that its not some sort of complicated trick that looks cool, its mostly its just really tiny precise jumps over and over that are just as annoying to do over again if I fail. I don't even get a sense of moving forward because I'm not really getting any better at the game by making them and I'm not clearing them any more proficiently. You could absolutely make a precision level you could clear fast once you knew what do.
>creator clear time is 4 minutes
why the fuck would anyone think this is okay? are you trying to get ebin streamer reactions or something?

Sorry.

Attached: 1565609192546.jpg (249x240, 10K)

> Does anyone REALLY, GENUINELY like these types of levels?
Yeah, I do.

don't think that'd help; most of it comes down to my autism for making my levels feel fair no matter how you approach them. So, if you're a speedrunner many obstacles/enemies should still be telegraphed, but if you're a casual that rarely uses the run button it'll still be beatable (and a little easier). Thing is, I kind of feel that custom scrolling would be a good fit for part of the level but I've been really overusing it in my recent levels. Also, I've been going back and forth constantly on what types of obstacles to include in this level and I still haven't settled on what works best.

The level is themed around the dry bones shell, and using its iframes to go through obstacles, I initially went for a fire theme with firebars and lava bubbles but I can't really make those work the way I want. The layout of the level is kind of a mess as well atm as I've been constantly redesigning sections and moving things around. Maybe I should just start from scratch by this point?

okay, beat it then

>When you have a sudden spike in plays and you look through the list to find any possible streamer
>Find said streamer
>Find when your level is played
>Seeing footage of your level played
>See people commenting on your level

This is a weird feel

>The worst offense is that its not some sort of complicated trick that looks cool
why would you want this over regular platforming challenges?

what level/streamer was it user?

So you like that section where you have to wait like a full minute in the icicle section because at the beginning hazards are super slow if you want to retry something at the end? That feels like good game design to you?

They aren't regular platforming challenges. Kaizo unironically feels more like regular platforming than this. This is more like playing that board game where you have to dissect that guy with tweezers.

I beat it three times without dying once to upload it. No luxury of checkpoints. Have a .webm of me doing the saw room.

I understand it's not for everyone, if anything only a niche of people will enjoy it, but that's okay. Not forcing you to complete it or suffer through it if you hate it.

Attached: saws.webm (640x360, 2.47M)

>I beat it three times without dying once to upload it.
I am aware that its beatable. This is not even close to the hardest levels I have grinded out. I am sure I could beat it if I put the time in. But its not fun to do so. And the saw part is easy. Its the icicle part that is super fucking annoying. (and to a lesser extent the skewers) There's just so much fucking waiting for a precision level. You honestly didn't see a problem when it took you 4 minutes to beat this?

I can get through those two pretty quickly, especially the skewer one you can zip through by not lounging around. I spent more time in the cannon room because it was usually the last one I did and naturally I didn't want to fuck it up right at the end.
And no, I don't. If you don't like it move on, it's not the kind of level to be enjoyed by everyone and I knew that from the getgo.

My latest level : 5H4 WKY 6GL
If you like classic levels.
Play me and give me a feedback (here or in game) and I'll play on of yours. Just tell me your opinion on the level

Okay, I'll boo it, too.

Sure, do as you wish.

No sorry this unironically triggers my claustrophobia

>This is more like playing that board game where you have to dissect that guy with tweezers
Yeah a popular board game that people like.

Was hoping for more 'traction' on my car-themed level

P70-H8L-KNG

That was cool, I liked how you had to go pick up your car again in the second part and clear the way for it to make it out of there.

I wish I had more of a creative streak when it comes to making a level and making it interesting, there are a lot of enjoyable levels here and Ive played/watched mario romhacks before but I cant seem to translate any of that into making a cool level.

Just find some old SMM1 level no one knows and steal it

Thanks for playing!
Yeah, I spent ages on the 2nd part, making sure the logic of the switches didn't get mixed up throughout

Makes me think about using the builder powerup to "fix" a broken race track in a few specific locations you gotta think about yourself so that you can then take a car over it... but ehh, not sure if it would work well.

>course where you literally die 0.01 after it starts cause of a very long fire bar hitting you right away
This is the only thing I instantly boo seriously fuck you

Not him, but the icicle part is where I decided it wasn't worth it to complete this either. This feels more trolly than challenging. Like there is zero challenge happening in this webm. This whole section is pointless and just feels like a punishment for messing up later. Maybe I'm not doing it right but idk. I like how jonny's submarine level used this type of design because you could do the whole thing really fast once you learned it.

I didn't boo you though

Attached: icicles.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

You're doing it right and that is the only slow part of that room, taking you a whopping 8 seconds according to the clock.
I'm not sure what part of that is troll-y either.

Despite getting no replies, I made the level. I hope you all enjoy :)

3Q2-8WF-JSG

also play my first Getting Over It level which plays nothing like the original game and tell me how it is in comparison and if I should keep going. Thanks for reading this, even if you don't play either level.

Attached: 1564253057397.jpg (850x1200, 98K)

>taking you a whopping 8 seconds according to the clock
The webm is 29 seconds long.

And the only "gotta go slow" part is from 0:06 to 0:15
Ok, 9 seconds.

Okay whatever dude, sorry for trying to help.

I mean, I'm trying to understand, but I don't see what's trolly or pointless there. As for trolly there's nothing there that trolls you and as for pointless the first few seconds introduce you to the room's obstacle in a mostly harmless way, then you gotta not jump too high, then you have to not slide too fast on the ice, then time your jump up there, then do precise-ish jumps over the ice at the top interrupted by spikes, then you get brought down again while simultaneously being shown what the next obstacle looks like so you understand what to do.

Dunno. I don't mind if people dislike it as I said before, I just can't really follow. All the rooms are more or less structured that way and I'm surprised you didn't talk about the donut block part of the cannonball room which is a bigger "time waster" than that row of icicles,

Free first clear/permanent WR for whoever does this:

>YCD-3RN-JPF

Its a shitty 10 seconds speedrun i threw because I had no ideas

Most recent serious level (mario forced into crouch position):

>PML-M19-DNG

And also here is a little level meant to be a bonus game, feel free to use it if you are making a world map or something:
>3QQ-DG8-L5G

As always, I'll shill now and return plays and likes later.

I have eleven stages. Here are four:

Soles of the Departed
C80-VJX-WJG
The first of a trilogy with goomba shoes in perilous situations.

Defeat the Fleet
8D1-MTQ-HJG
Airship night level with bombs and a (hopefully) fun albeit fairly easy Bowser fight.

Desert Station Infiltration
NM8-80Q-LTG
Intruder alert! Fight to survive! Can you take down the mothership?

30m Challenge (Newest)
Y7L-35L-RBG
Give yourself just 30m to make a level. Rough edges, but try a speedrun!

Be wary of this trick with the hammer suit
youtube.com/watch?v=42PPVRWeAXA

Just in case you end up encountering it, looks awful but might help cheese something or who knows

>I mean, I'm trying to understand, but I don't see what's trolly or pointless there
All of those things are really dangerous hazardous that will kill you if you don't pay strict attention to them, but none of them are challenging, so basically every time I fuck up I am punished with 30 seconds of a segment that causes nothing but boredom-induced frustration. Maybe I'm speaking too generally, but no one is going through that part and thinking 'lol this is fun'.

> the first few seconds introduce you to the room's obstacle
All it does is tell you that there are icicles in that room, which I already knew before entering the room, and even if I didn't know it would be unnecessary. Anyone that stands a chance in hell at beating this level knows how an icicle works. It doesn't give you any hints on how to actually navigate the room.

>I'm surprised you didn't talk about the donut block part of the cannonball room
I didn't get that far. I figured the rest of the level was like this so I stopped.

I am telling you all this because I typically like really hard, precise levels and this is what this level felt like for me personally. Really the solution here feels like not doing this whole multiple challenge room thing because these rooms would have been perfectly fine on their own as individual levels. I feel like you probably messed up 4 potentially good levels by mashing them all together.

Just wanted to say I have played most of your courses and enjoyed them. I think you have played mine also.

I'm

Challenge and fun are pretty subjective concepts. While you seem to do well there and breeze through all those obstacles but then hit a wall at the ground pound cancel (I assume so at least), other people might find different things challenging.
I don't like killing people right as they enter a room so I stand by the few seconds of "introduction" in each room desu. The first icicles are no real danger, the first skewer is by itself and easy to go under, the first two saws are very easy and the first cannonballs let you just run through before having to brake.

>Really the solution here feels like not doing this whole multiple challenge room thing because these rooms would have been perfectly fine on their own as individual levels. I feel like you probably messed up 4 potentially good levels by mashing them all together.
A fair enough assessment, might very well be true actually, but it was a conscious decision by me to make this level the way it is. Rather lengthy, challenging, no powerups and so on. I see what you are saying though.

Attached: deaths.jpg (1273x716, 678K)

Attached: Good.png (391x517, 210K)

Never seen myself be 70% inside of the flagpole but time out before, dang that's tight yo, nice.

>other people might find different things challenging
One thing to be wary about with failure points is that they only show the last death of the player. That may be where the player got annoyed and quit, but it doesn't mean they got stuck there. As I said, that section is easy, but still hazardous. Maybe they slipped up there after getting frustrated running through it over and over again to get to the next part and decided to call it quits.

>Sawmill Castle:
CNF-5QH-QXF
Fairly easy/short level where you are racing saw blades.

>Bowser Jr. Airship:
CBV-JP4-0WG
A pretty straight-foward airship level.

>Don't go right:
434-VTS-YQG
Level with easy platforming on the left and harder on the right. I have an extra room if someone is looking for a bit more of a challenge at the end.

>Bile Track:
F3N-MP4-X6G
Transverse a poisonous swamp on a rail line.

>Winter Obstacle Course:
GT2-MNL-8HG
Fast paced obstacle course to win the winter cup.

>Winter obstacle course 2:
WQD-6QF-X6G
Improvement over the original with an even more difficult course above. *Note* The winter cup association is not responsible for loss of life in the aforementioned banned course above the player.

>Aviation Devastation
PNN-LDN-8JG
Blaze your way through with superior fire power.

>Boom Castle
My first ever uploaded stage with a simple premise. Blow up the walls using bombs.

*New Levels*
>Mario's RtD Bomb Challenge
TT6-S7M-4LG
Reminiscent of a certain puffball's challenge from another game.

>20Sec Spin Jump Speedrun
RQ5-6QG-CGF
A speedrun that requires the use of the spinjump to reach the end.

>Aviation Devastation 2
HDG-21J-WQG
Sequel of my most played course that uses the fire clown car to burn a path of destruction.

>Coin Rush Battle
F9K-SPN-JPF
A rather laid back level made by a younger sibling.

>Most recent serious level (mario forced into crouch position)
If this is what I think it is, I threw out my arm trying to beat this lol

I forgot what it was but if you spam run or something in a specific way you can crouch-jump through there MUCH faster, it's very noticeable

Madness. Port of a level I made in SMM1. Keep in mind this is the second level I made in Super Mario Maker 1, back in 2015 when I had less experience. So any "advice" you impart is meaningless as it's advice to a younger me that doesn't exist anymore.
KTG-T67-27G

Chaotic Castle. Same deal.
K5N-KS2-MYG

Bowser Chase 2 Bowser's Revenge.
7XB-H70-J3G

Fire Yoshi's Inferno. Castle with rising lava and fire Yoshis.
L0K-120-LFG

Fish Kingdom in the Clouds. Night themed sky level with two paths. Bottom is harder, but ultimately faster and has a 50 coin
J9D-N0J-PKG

Spooky Flight by Moonlight. Flight based ghost house at night. Even harder than Sumny Skies. Only play if you're an expert with the cape feather.
XCN-1BH-2NF

Nightfall in Haunted Seas. Night themed water level with a secret ghost house and shortcut. WT7-P3V-XQG

Air Raid by Dark. Long airship level with multiple paths. First section is not for platforming scrubs.
T2B-VN2-WLF

Bowser Chase. Extremely difficult level where Bowser chases you throughout the level
M1H-JXB-Q6G

Spooky Woods. Flooded forest level with boos, fish bones, etc. Second half is night themed with rising poison. Brotip, do not sit there and wait during the sections where you need a lakitu cloud. Just hurry. Most people just wait, die, and call it "jank" because they fucked up.
847-833-YMF

And yes, before anyone bitches, it is a dump of levels. I rarely, if ever, do this. So don't go citing rules like you're a pretend janny.

Oh hey, it's you. I think Aviation Devastation 2 is better than the first. Although that section with all the spinies and shit was too much enemy spam. Kept losing Yoshi.

But other than that, I like your incorporation of fire yoshis. Rarely anyone ever uses them, and employing fire yoshis in a shoot 'em up level is genius.

>Capashie is the one person who liked Spooky Flight by Moonlight
This alone makes you based.

I am going to shill my level again
It's a ghost house, i tried make it look like an actual mansion, it's my second level and two anons here like it, hope somebody enjoy it.

Attached: Screenshot_20190812-174211.png (720x1280, 309K)

Thank you for your feedback.

sure problem. Also hol up. Gotta eat befoeee I play it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jRq7U-TkLYc&t=7s

if you don't want to watch the video the course codes are in the description

you sound ethnic

no I don't.

i can literally tell you aren't white by the sound of your voice. do non-whites not realize this?

I'm Spaniard Irish. also why the fuck do you care what race I am by my voice? go play some fucking mario.

>I'm Spaniard Irish
t. moor

>moor

Attached: 15f9309cfd520e6740314129cedd88d5--bait-discussion.jpg (500x275, 11K)

Attached: blackface-parade-spain-01.jpg (1363x1067, 216K)

We get a containment thread for for the racial undesirables (Moors and Japanese).

>white
what races are white?

you'd be able to tell by ear if you were white

so if you sound white, you're "white". That can't be right.

Reminder that the hitbox on the spikes are incorrect

So 3D World good for anything but gimmick and troll shit? Seem to be disproportionate amount of meme courses. Or is this just people getting all the new assets out of their system?

>Someone plays, like, and comment on ALL your levels

Is there a better feeling ?

Unless I’ve already done so I’m going to play every level posted in this thread, though it’s probably going to die before I get a chance to reply to anyone. In that case, see you guys next thread.

Absolutely based

>Is there a better feeling ?
when nobody comments on how your voice sounds.

Good luck user!

Attached: 1564250411504.jpg (800x553, 108K)

I do that a lot, actually. At the very least I try to clear any 0 clear levels to get them going. Honestly, I’ve had more fun spending my time playing Yea Forums creator levels than playing Endless.

should i play 2hu or mario maker

>be third world moor
>muhammed has 15 wives and i cant even get a gf
>try to scrape a few bucks together by making formulaic clickbait on youtube so i can feed my goat
>whitey immediately ruins my channel the second i post it on a burmese horse skinning forum
can it get any worse than this

do you even know what a moor is? I know you're trying , but you're using moor wrong.

I dunno, I’ve yet to make anything in it but imma do my best to see if I can make good traditional courses with 3DW

>tfw you upload hot garbage
fuck maker points

>be whitey with no life on the internet
>hears a voice on the internet
>thinks to himself "that's not a white person talking!"
>posts on the internet to call out this person who dares to be "not white" on the internet.
>fnds out the person actually IS "white" by any standard.
>suddenly scrambles to find an ethnic term and settles on moor without understanding what it means

genius dude. pure genius. you'll get far in life.

>do you even know what a moor is?
a pejorative term for gas station owners commonly used in 16th-17th century Spain

>you'll get far in life.
my youtube channel has more subscribers than yours and i haven't uploaded a video to it in over 5 years

post your channel then

why

Because I doubt you have a youtube channel.

>shitskin is mad

It’s nice to be on the receiving endof that, that’s why I do it for folks when I can and if time allows it, I’m sure it makes em happy at least a little bit.

Don't worry about the racists here user. They're trying to start shit cus they have no life. It was a nice thread until they showed up. It's probably a samefag anyway.

I attempted to make a boss rush, and just flung shit at the wall until it stuck. Hope you lads enjoy.
T1B-22D-JWG

yeah, I'm used to it. I've heard I'm every race under the sun except what I actually am. people literally have no clue what they are talking about.

you've been touched by the tar brush

Might be because I live on the east coast and their are a lot of different races here. Maybe I picked up some of their vocal patterns. maybe thats what people are hearing.

post a timestamped image of your hand

great. I'm a Spaniard in the summer. a tan would just enforce your "theories".

Attached: 1480379463259.png (397x402, 357K)

lol ok. guess I'll add moor, to the growing list of races that people say that I am.

hey, wheres that youtube channel that had more subs than mine? hmm.. I'd like to judge you by the sound of your voice.

post your nipples then. if they aren't pink you aren't white.

Attached: retarded slut drinks coffee.gif (220x221, 174K)

>post your nipples

Attached: 1533139565314.png (600x886, 433K)

post hand

>I'd like to judge you by the sound of your voice.
vocaroo.com/i/s0IjL68soIsw

you sound fat.

my nipples are dark pink. not completely brown or bright pink.. oh, guess I'm not white.

why do I have top prove to you guys anything tho?

no nigs allowed in these threads.

>you sound fat.
im that 400 pound hacker trump is always talking about

RXG-FJ4-Y8G Multitasking at Work

Multitask to finish the objective before time runs out. Takes place in a single room.

Attached: mario with bricks on him.jpg (474x348, 22K)

good thing I'm not black.

nipples

Shilling two stages here again:
>Aquatic Ruin Zone
YRS-JVM-22G
>Boo's House
9WF-15V-Q3G
Would love feedback on either one

I miss Captain Lou

take your nipple fetish to Yea Forums.

Is there anyone left in the thread actually playing levels? If so, MBQ-3CJ-FWG

don't play hard to get babe

I will be, I just got home gotta smoke real quick and I’ll give it a go

>gotta smoke real quick
whats wrong, don't want your switch to smell like dank kush bro?

Attached: 1462401217641.jpg (1000x1498, 154K)

ok, I'm not going to post myself, but this is the sexy girl version of my skin type. if this isn't "white" enough for you to join "your" club then you can fuck off.

Attached: sabrisse-femjoy-pure-nudes-05.jpg (800x1200, 139K)

gamer moor

I'm done.

Attached: 0c548b20-0cb9-0133-f4d1-0e18518aac2f.gif (245x238, 425K)

>mario 3

I personally prefer platforming levels with lots of high up secrets you can get to with the Leaf powerup but I know lots of people go bonkers for that Kuribo's shoe so having that tucked away somewhere as a secret would be awesome for them and then have a secret area only accessible if you use that shoe. I also like really tight jumps and running and ducking to slide under blocks because it looks so smooth.

Naw I just smoke outside, I live with a roommate and I don't want my place to reek of it this late at night, much as I enjoy smoking it. Not gonna lie that glowy thing hes riding looks neat and I want one.

Attached: 1416794517463.jpg (500x500, 56K)

what kind of retarded loser does drugs alone

Moors begone.

a filthy moor

what kind of retarded loser actually gives a shit

you'll never acquire a hoverboard with that attitude

Attached: DQ7gUWSWkAAxf1C.jpg (598x504, 77K)

are those lobsters?

What's a level you've played by another creator that you really liked? Doesn't have to be one in the thread just one that really stuck with you.

they are clearly hovercrabs

That one with the gay turtles.

What's a good sweet spot for checkpoints and overall level length? A lot of my levels seem pretty long when looking at people's WRs, and I don't want people to quit out of my level if it's too long.

Depends on the type of level you're making. Usually I'll put them either after some moderate challenges or a right before a tougher one that way it cuts down on backtracking a bit. A checkpoint should usually be a relief to see but not a free handout if that makes sense.

How long a level should be again, depends on the type of level you're making. Generally the harder the challenges are the shorter a level should be. Most players aren't gonna wanna do a marathon of next to impossible precision jumps mixed with insta death traps over and over, but if the levels short it feels less strenuous, even if the challenge is extreme.

Folks hate on the 20 second speedrun but I think those are a good way to make super tough stages that still feel in the realm of possibility to more players instead of just the super experts. A more casual level can be longer, since death isn't as much of a constant threat.

Deserty Nights 1
32J - QBG - WDF

enjoy m8s

Attached: 1561618150341.gif (943x800, 128K)

Thanks for playing my stages dood, returning the favor now, already played a couple and I like what I've played so far, especially Cloud Climb 1, those switch blocks are used excellently.

Attached: 1474161257753.jpg (700x700, 378K)

Haven't been on here in a while, made some new stages in the last 2 days
Cloud Kingdom (a tough standard level)
H0D-49V-67G
1 screen puzzle stage with first clear up for grabs:
1C5-VLX-HXF
Koopa Trick Jump
RVM-88B-24G
Boo RIng single obstacle stage
74G-79W-10G

9RT GBT 9TF

was something I did for a challenge here

Why don't they make a proper background editor rather than making it impossible to change anything without accidentally grabbing a semisolid platform? And why are there still only 3 semisolid platforms when some of the themes have a terrible variety of them (Mario U sky and desert, Mario world Forest, etc.)

first clear has been claimed

FUCK
I just beat it moments after

really loved this. Good stuff, hope it goes places.

Boo's House seemed a bit randomly put together., but was mostly fine.

Yeah, I'll admit that it has some design flaws since I designed it in a day and didn't take the time to polish it. I'll keep it in mind for the next stage I make

Very good concept and very good execution. I'm very curious what the world record will end up being