boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469888450/#469893201
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/VUZPRTcNwwesiYdQAjFhkw/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046326332
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049410653
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035794621/
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057150680
steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055405629
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Really not a big deal. Still not gonna buy it on EGS though.

Based. Only poor steamcucks care about (((preloading)))

Reminder Steam didn't have achievements until the Orange Box in 2007

Reminder Steam didn't have user reviews until 2010, and even then, you could only do positive recommends

its fine, remember that we're competing with steam circa 2003

But Epicbros... Randy said Epic Games Store will have fuckloads of functionality by the time BL3 releases... It's not fair bros...

Reminder that standards (or lack thereof) were different then and any decent client NOW should have all this shit before it gets released.

OK BUT YOU GUYS SHOULD REMEMBER STEAM DIDN'T HAVE PRELOADING IT'S FIRST YEAR EITHER

Yeah and it's 2019 and launchers should come with that shit standard. Stop making excuses for your shitty malware selling chink overlords you bootlicker.

>UHHH BACK IN 2007
It's fucking 2019 you fucking simp.

Here is the Epic Game Store feature roadmap.

Attached: epic_roadmap.png (800x908, 192K)

Are you implying it's 2007? What is Epic's excuse for not having these? Especially when steam literally laid the groundwork for this shit.

What the fuck is preloading?

When you're so bad you cannot copy 2007 features. Or even 1998 features hahahahahaha

epic is a multi-multi-million dollar company. why the fuck couldn't they have all these basic features? even the fucking uplay launcher is better than theirs.

>long term
>shopping cart
Kek

do they seriously think they can make the epic store a money generator like stream? especially with only 10% cuts? seems like they are just throwing money at it. when do they expect to make that money back?

>Shopping Cart: long term (>6 months)

Attached: Gabe_01.jpg (3328x4992, 767K)

>shopping cart after wishlist
What's the fucking point of a list if you have to manually go through the fucking thing

This has been pushed back how many times now? Some of the shit has been on the 4-6 month list for over a fucking year now.

This is so confusing. I'm only an amateur programmer but I could still spin up an online storefront with core features like A FUCKING SHOPPING CART in a couple of days at the outside

Attached: 1565273862406.jpg (465x465, 50K)

thanks tims weenie but desu i dont really care since im just going to day1 torrent anyways

I can't understand why people defend EGS's lack of basic features
It's like building a house and neglecting water and electricity entirely. Sure it was acceptable in the stone age but it's 2019

Reminder that moving the goalposts is a guaranteed way to lose any standing you have

Unless Steam released the software source under this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_Public_License

Then there was no "groundwork laid". Everyone else has to start from 0

So basically their roadmap is just steal everything that steam does and provide no innovation. You can tell they're owned by the Chinese

Go on lad!

"They say great storefronts are built on the shoulders of giants. Not here. At Epic Games, we do all our storefronts from scratch. No hand holding."

Attached: Cave_Johnson_Painting_3.png (361x548, 135K)

>mid term
>wishlists

>long term
>shopping cart

Attached: B12CC748-F2D6-443F-AE36-960521A308F5.jpg (300x295, 71K)

DONT NEED A PRELOAD BECAUSE IM NOT A FUCKIN PEASANT

Attached: chrome_xqefl2aCpb.png (1130x724, 59K)

Why are Steam drones so cringe?

Attached: steam exclusive.png (1426x752, 101K)

Now continue eating gabes sweaty ass

Pre-load is a meme.
Unpacking the fucking thing takes longer than just downloading it at release.

Yo retard. Amazon had a fucking shopping cart in the goddamn mid 90's. Built in website templates have shopping carts for years now.

No steam no buy. Get it through your thick skulls, EPIC. I don't care if it's my most anticipated game, I'll await for a pirated copy for however long it takes, or I'll simply forget about it and move on.

YOU. CAN'T. WIN.

Attached: 1531500777518.jpg (800x450, 123K)

Epic is a far bigger company than valve was then
And if they want to compete with steam they have to be better NOW not better compared to fifteen years ago.

Won't have cloud saves or achievements either.

>It was the year 1984 itself when the world’s first B2C (Business-to-Consumer) online shopping system was launched by Tesco. The online shopping system started the concept of Online Shopping Basket which was later renamed Online Shopping Trolley.
Only 36 years late to the party Tim.

Attached: 1450561522226.jpg (426x463, 39K)

and steams innovation is what exactly?

please god tell me you're shitposting
I seriously can't tell anmore

Imagine writing hello world and thinking you're a programmer

>Yo retard. Amazon had a fucking shopping cart in the goddamn mid 90's.

You know what Amazon had before Steam? User reviews. Yet it took Steam till 2010.

See:

>WAAAAAAHHHHH MUH CLOUD SAVES I DONT WANT TO REPLAY GAMES I PAID FOR

>WAAAAAHHHHH MUH CHEEVOS

and neither can you, no vidya for steamcucks lol
this is the console wars all over again, but for fucking shops

And gog as well
And all the publisher specific launchers
Epic has a huge amount of places they could learn from the mistakes and successes of.

Why does Yea Forums suddenly care about this "tumblr art game that looks like shit and I wouldn't buy it" Ooblets game anyway? Lashing out like this is usually driven by... fear. A fear of what? That Steam won't be the premier place for PC games?

Or, is it more likely that you won't be able to "punish" the game by not buying it or leaving negative reviews until you get your way?

If you've ever read I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Yea Forums reminds me of the AI who loves to torture and abuse the ones he thinks he has control over, but is instantly worried that he'll lose his play things forever.

Attached: steam cuck.jpg (978x972, 182K)

I'm not putting on stripey socks you fucking /g/ tranny, kys

ITT: idiots that use steam as a social network and not just a launcher for games

this, is someone going to explain this please?

Attached: 1564162587941.jpg (779x1024, 112K)

>Reminder Steam didn't have achievements until the Orange Box in 2007
Achievements weren't really a thing until 2005 and xbox 360 gamerscore.
So Valve wasn't that far behind the edge.

Groundwork in the sense that Steam put in the time and effort to find out what does and doesn't work for the last decade now. Anyone else coming into the digital storefront can just look at Steam and go "Ok, we can use this feature and this feature, don't use this, and also this."

Epic in the meantime decided to just start from scratch and redo all their market research and effort that Steam's already done, including falling into many of the same mistakes and potholes Steam already did. There's no reason Epic should be tripping over half the problems they currently are, especially with how much money they can throw at it.

The shopping cart thing is pretty much a good example of that. How do they not have one yet? I know several people who could throw one up on the store in less than a fucking day. Don't give me shit about it being a 6+ month long project.

Actually having the features implemented.

That is completely irrelevant when it comes to how shitty the EGS is. You're just making a fool out of yourself.

implementing features available elsewhere isn't innovative you sperg

You don't need to know the exact code something used to copy a simple interface feature.
The only things of value in the steam code are the recommendation algorithms and controller support.
The Linux stuff is already open source.

ahahaha dude im totally gonna discuss the epic game story every day for a year ahahahahaha

>That is completely irrelevant when it comes to how shitty the EGS is. You're just making a fool out of yourself.

Attached: 1563895566058.jpg (297x170, 9K)

you wanting a social network on a fucking digital video game store is whats making a fool out of you

IIRC, downloading the biggest chunks of the game so that once it actually comes out, it just has a minimal amount to make the game playable so you can pretty much just start playing it a few minutes after it goes online.

Aaaand the thread is full of stinky chinkies posting wojaks and talking about "b-but steam in 2003!" on damage control already. How surprising.

If they're so available, why doesn't EGS have them?

A shopping cart is a social network?

>shopping cart
months
will never fail to make me laugh

Proton
VR (both oculus and vive use tech Valve developed for them)

>competition means better for the consumers :^)
>t. Redditor

Fuck yourself steaming shill oh no no looking at top of head

You download the game in advance and it unlocks on release, let's you start playing right away.

aaaand all the steamtrannies are coming out of the woodworks
remember when valve was universally hated here before EGL and after the paid mods fiasco? yeah...

EGS is a lot older than it's first year. It just adopted aggresive capitalism recently.

Is this the training you got to shill your shoddy storefront on here Chang? To blindly strawman anyone that dare disagrees or make a strong point? Sad!

What's Tim's problem?

Attached: tim_sweeney.png (639x440, 71K)

Yeah, that's completely logical. It houses the most played game in the world and has many bought exclusives coming out for it, and is basically the biggest news and controversy in PC gaming. "ahahahaha" doesn't make your argument look smart retard.

>lmao fellow steamcucks look at how much money im going to throw away to big daddy gabe and his ridiculous 30% cut lmao arent i quirky xDDDD

Attached: 25261102-655D-46BE-A4CB-064544021D2A.png (800x750, 106K)

Just get a gigabit internet krikey

You know it takes years to develop features, right?

Steam wasn't good until about 2018 when they first added controller customization - all Steam had was exclusive games.

Attached: controller steam.png (650x367, 128K)

So what's the point in shilling the EGS and trolling people who post in the threads? (You)s? Are you that drained for entertainment that you take to an anonymous video games imageboard to deliberately be retarded?

so wanting to be able to pre-load games and having a fucking shopping cart are social network features now?

Attached: 1355164673702.png (305x332, 153K)

>all these replies
steam cucks triggered

He doesn't have a PR team, or one that's so ineffectual that they basically don't exist. He's basically a prime example of why PR teams exist in the first place: the people in charge tend to be fucking awful at PR.

I never use preload, even on steam. Is this really important?

No matter how bad steam gets its still better than your state funded chink spyware Chang.

imagine having to wait a few more minutes to play your game

>cars back in 1900 didn't have AC therefore it's okay for a new car released in 2019 to not have AC

reminder computers didn't have screens in the 50's

steamdrones on suicide watch

>You know it takes years to develop features, right?
Why? At work we release new features and changes in weeks to months?

Attached: 1548578243242.png (597x447, 547K)

redpilled

Wow, who gives a fucking shit, holy fuck.

Obviously (You)s, these people are addicts and can't help themselves.

This thread is really showing the average IQ of epic users, pretty embarassing

Very different. Steam and EGS can be updated to be good, those can't.

>0.000000000000000001 dollars has been deposited into your EGS account

>When you start from scratch so hard you're too retarded to even look at the other guys answers
Hahahahaha

looks like the steamcel is losing it
be sure to post the chinese copypasta next instead of an actual argument

Attached: 1549522602610.jpg (1280x1241, 87K)

Have fun waiting for download to finish at launch.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 9.04.11 AM.png (900x515, 332K)

you sound like mad steaming shill. sucking gab penis more maybe you get free game OH WAIT STEAMING HAVE NO GOOD GAME HAHAH oh no no no looking at top of head gamer rising up fffuck

Is Epic worse than game freak??

It doesn't take years to build features but you also don't build a site like steam in months

All of those features are pointless anyway outside of regional pricing

to the right of steamcels?

Attached: 1549376348541.png (500x457, 60K)

you putting assumptions behind anonymous people calling you out for being an idiot/paid asshole is pretty pathetic

What's the problem? Epic does not have preload for borderlands, steam does not have borderlands,

Is getting gigabit internet that hard to do?

It's not like you have to invent them again.
The features are already there and the coding and infrastructure for them established.
New services have no reason not to implement things that are already standard in the industry then compare themself to services from over a decade ago.

That'd be like if every human had to start in a mid hut and discover creating fire again.

Darn, guess I’ll just wait till midnight

You know it takes weeks or less to take an already implemented idea and make something similar?

Attached: 1563639597320.jpg (1474x1303, 384K)

>buying a game that's this incompetent at file compression in the first place
steam cuck

>the epic shills are attacking each other now
Did some wires get crossed back at the office or something?

Attached: 1372969286572.jpg (500x372, 17K)

universal controller support through big picture
proton
universal NAT solving provided by steamworks
openVR (which EGS uses for free)
a couple other things

Attached: 1543729510043.jpg (1068x701, 57K)

Can't wait for Source 2 + Valve VR + Linux to destroy EGS.

I unironically hope those guys are trolling at this point

t.dumbass

tell me more about Steam Store exclusives.

>vulkan the best most efficient graphical library in the world which is also open source
heres a big one

Attached: 1436113474610.png (283x262, 86K)

What's the reason for any of that if you don't have games?
Also, proton is not tied to steam you faggot.

BROOS NOOO

Attached: haze.png (900x517, 575K)

And? Cheevos are trash.

fuck off faggot
do you seriously think I can't tell you're falseflagging?

Now this is starting to get into territory I'm not quite sure about; if Steam has a patent on any of that, Epic outright can't just copy something like a Universal Controller remapping system - possibly.

I don't have shit internet so downloading things like this isn't a big deal for me. Are you brazilian?

proton was developed by valve for steam users you drooling retard
just because they are good guys and made it open source for everyone doesn't mean it's not a steam thing

Nigger this is the saddest shitposting I've seen of all time. I hope you're just a bored underageb& for your sake.

So pre-ordering anything on the Epic game store is just giving Epic money in advance for no reason?

Not that there were many legitmate reasons left to pre-order anything from anywhere, but this is just too funny

>made me google
motherfucker

kek

Back when EGS first came out and the shills were in force I really thought they were going to be adding features fast and furious. But it’s been a year or so and we’ve gotten cloud saves on a few games and that’s about it.

It tells me that when Tim said his opinion was that gamers don’t matter and only devs will decide who wins he wasn’t lying. Because they’re obviously putting most of their resources into dev payola not building a great customer experience.

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream is the depiction of the everyday life of your average chinaman.

What other platforms have Half-Life 1, Half-Life 2, Portal, Portal 2 and Team Fortress 2?

Those features take years to come up with
They were coded in weeks or even days.

There is not just steam but also Gog and the publisher specific launchers epic can learn from.

Epic employees commute.

Attached: 1547460552479.webm (240x320, 1.98M)

and who's making the games?
that's right
adapt or die steamcel

and you can lose weight and live a meaningful life but you never will

Even fucking Nintendo has preloading. How incompetent is Epic?

>Epic isn't even as good as a client from 2007

>They were coded in weeks or even days.

Then Steam is even more pathetic than I realised

It really shouldn't have taken till 2010 to add user reviews

i'd like to thank chinky sweeney for bringing piracy back

It's just how China does business.
Here most places have adopted a culture of misery for their workers is profit.
In China that extends to your customers, adding features and convenience is a sign of defeat, better to spend billion putting the assholes that compete with you and add them out of business instead.

>ever pre ordering
Big yikes.

i really wonder how the shill will spin this into positive news
>SHUT UP GOY WHO CARES THAT YOU PAID FOR THE GAME YOU CAN WAIT LONGER

Attached: 71fLIXpsqoL._SS500_.jpg (500x500, 39K)

It does mean exactly that. "good guy valve", good corporations are your friends. remember that
It's not my fault that everyone is going with epic, blame valve for offering worse deals. Or wait months/years for steam release

>he buys gearshit
>not pirating and using a p2p client

Products don’t choose their customers dumbass.

We live in a world where more games came out on a weekly basis than any one person has any time for. It’s not like 2001 when GTA3 came out and everyone “had” to have it. My life is just fine without EGS exclusives.

>Epicshill absolutely seethin people can see trough his obvious falseflagging

Attached: meanwhile-at-Epic.gif (320x218, 1.08M)

Epic - leftist communist cucks giving subsidies to nig devs
Steam - glorious libertarian who provides same field for everyone and the only thing that matters is your own skills in devving

No wonder SJW games like Ooblets and Hades likes Epic

Guy that basically only uses steam here (and tiny bit of uPlay trough steam). What features did other clients like origin, uPlay, etc have at launch or early in their releases, compared to Epic?

Fuck you Tim

Every single one of those has been released on a console.

That and the anti-steam/valve sentiment that’s been going on for a long time. For good reasons and bad.

Preloading is a meme anyway
>Preload Ace Combat 7 on my SSD
>Still takes longer to unpack than if I had just downloaded it on release

>not wanting to just sit down and start playing when a game comes out
jinkies

Im so glad that im not a fucking fortnite faggot so i dont have to deal with their shitty platform ha ha ill wait for borderlands 3 thanks very much

Literally and absolutely nothing has been done in the past 4 months.
This roadmap has been the same all this time.

>Steam takes a decade to become what it is today
>Epic launches
>9 months later
>why u not le as good as Steam???
t.dumbass
>just copy steam bro
t.retard

Reminder that EGS can't compete with features of a platform from 12 years ago.

>Preloading is a meme anyway

Attached: d922237b2cf4afafd2564d3be63525c14b7a8f6a_hq.jpg (358x624, 57K)

How long till steamdrones realize that they are second tier customers? Just wait a year then you can play, full price also obviously. Fucking niggers of gaming

Reminder that i don't fucking care about shitty stores and i pirate everything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Civil_War

Nothing is more cringe than sitting on Yea Forums waiting for new threads to repost the same wojak in over and over.

are you replying to yourself?

>What features did other clients like origin, uPlay, etc have at launch or early in their releases, compared to Epic?

Uplay, Battle.net and Origin still don't have user reviews, so the Steam drone "groundwork being laid doe!!!1" narrative is completely bunk

>gigantic multimillion dollar corporation with state backing can't compete with an Indie dev launcher
Oh no no no.

Did you not bother reading the rest of the post?

You don't have to defend shit buddy, i mean you're not even getting paid for this are you?

They helped quite a lot with Vulcan I'm pretty sure.

Not a single person called foul when Epic kept Fortnite on their own setup.

>gets cucked by gamestore servers
>download at 50mb max
Okay, jabroni

These days pajeets can shit out a store front with more features for you in 2 or 3 month by just sourcing code snippets from stackexchange.

So has Metro Exodus

>Lacking reading comprehension

Large OOOF to you as well

>even wanting to play memebadasslands 3
it's seriously mind boggling to me that retards still want to play literally anything gearbox releases

>h-hate to bother you mr billionaire CEO, c-could you lend a peasant like me an ear?
hope this cuck gets run over by a bus

>completely throwing one of the very few redeeming factors of their store by virtue of not having tons of low effort games by directly importing android store/google play games onto EGS

Attached: 1556288317259.png (372x334, 134K)

Repeat after me, valve is customer friendly

>Valve has acknowledged in its end-user licence agreement that customers residing in European Union countries are legally entitled to a 14-day period where they can return purchased goods for refund.

However, the corporation asks its customers to waive that right at point of purchase. It means that, while Valve acknowledges the rights of its EU customers, the option for a refund disappears the moment a game is purchased.

> imagine actually being this retarded

That was 2007 and 2010 respectively

None. Steam cucks are just triggered that CHAD Epic gets all the girls despite beta Steam being le nice guy

Fair enough. But steam is split up into a community part, and a store front part. I personally don't care that much for the community part, it's nice to have, but not essential.

Do these other store fronts have shopping carts, or other store related features? Does Epic store have it now?

This may be the first time in about 10 years now I buy a new game on console. gf has a playstation, and wants the game. Just gonna get a second controller when I pick it up, tv is fuckin huge we can split screen.

But would it be good? Would it be reliable? Beta testing for Day 1 exploits is a bit more important I think.

I’ve seen all the threads you’re referencing, but none of them have been upset about not being able to play, or even care about ooblets. No one even knew it existed; this was a false flag marketing campaign. Good job, smoothbrain

>wow this store lacks extremely basic features
>"l-lol u mad!"
+30 social credits

>Steam gets Halo
>EGS gets the Halo killer
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

Attached: 1532851795410.jpg (318x313, 11K)

Or, to put it another way, Steam has had those features for 12 years and 9 years, respectively. They are now considered standard features and any competition would be expected to have them. This isn't exactly hot new tech.

>old computers can be updated to have screens
Debatable

That's not how it worked on Steam so far. The game must first decypher all the encrypted game files and it took up to 20 minutes if I recall correctly.

Damn not even noon yet and we already have the most retarded post of the day.

Shopping carts
I think blizzards launcher is still lacking them but it has less than 10 games. All the others shipped with carts.

How long before they start mailing out physical discs and describing it as "Pre-Downloaded"?

Attached: 1414626254737.jpg (320x480, 75K)

What does Epic have, other than bought exclusives, that steam doesn't? Why doesn't steam get their own bought exclusives, or are they actually still winning without having to try?

I'm a retard how does it take 6 months to add shopping karts to your shop?

I'd prefer user reviews to shopping carts, smooth brain Steam drone.

I can see that for battlenet, seeing how until activision started to push their properties there, it wasn't really that much of a store, and more of a platform for blizzards games.

the rest of the post was pure cope

Can you tell me what year it is TODAY or has the Chinese government censored the current date as well, squint?

Tim is literally trolling

Attached: timcart.png (463x327, 116K)

It's not like Epic has a good track record in that regard anyhow.
cvedetails.com/vulnerability-list/vendor_id-1613/Epic-Games.html

They are all Valve's own games. They can keep their own games where ever they please. Ain't nobody complaining what Epic is doing with their own games like Fortnite and... Gears Of War? They did bulletstorm too If I remember right.

nah steam just downloads the game files but leaves out the .exe, after the game is released the exe is downloaded

Web shopping carts are actually non-trivial to implement due to edge cases.
What if a user puts a million games in their shopping cart? It could crash their computer. You have to handle these sorts of things so it takes awhile to program.

Based Cave

These people are as rich as fucking creosote How can't they afford to have basic necessities.

And those are all incredibly shitty proprietary storefronts

you're poor aren't you?

Attached: Untitled.png (905x189, 21K)

trello.com/b/GXLc34hk/epic-games-store-roadmap

Uh, if EGS won't have support for preloading until after Borderlands 3 release, why is it listed under "recently shipped features"?

Attached: 1560026653907.png (559x381, 39K)

Reminder Epic is a 2019 webstore, lacking features of a 2007 one.

Reminder Epic got rid of the only good game they've made, Infinity Blade, to make Fortnite loot.

I wish they hadn't vaulted those

Only B.net, uPlay and Origin have third party games.

He's just rolling with the punches like the little pussy bitch he is because he knows there's no excuse for the level of incompetence in EGS development.
Next you are going to tell me having to manually add and update games is superior to proper pipelines, too.

Take two don't want dataminers to have fun

>there are subhumans who will play borderlands 3 without achievements
yikes

>dude epic game store is new stop the hate they had no time to implent those features yet

Even GOG Galaxy had more features when it was still in alpha status. It even had a shopping cart. All that despite being entirely optional.

Attached: 1544970135375.jpg (314x314, 38K)

>Next you are going to tell me having to manually add and update games is superior to proper pipelines, too.

Yes it is, tim is saving jobs. He's not your greedy gaben

Meaning they should be standard features in game launchers released now, brainlet.

>Reminder Steam didn't have achievements until the Orange Box in 2007
>
>Reminder Steam didn't have user reviews until 2010, and even then, you could only do positive recommends

reminder that it's almost 2020

Who fucking cares, boarderlands one was average, 2 was a slightly varied clone with shittier scaling, and then they made another slightly varied clone cashgrab pre-sequel.

People only fucking care about three because muh ebin games vs steamcucks platform wars

GOG has been around longer

>nu-Yea Forums cares about achievements
Damn this place is garbage

Cope

Pipelines can save time and effort that could be used to develop EGS like adding the goddamn shopping cart.

Attached: 1518394954561.jpg (500x387, 47K)

The only time I even look at my cheevos nowadays is just to see what the rarest ones are

By the way, fucking break Hanharr’s will, you lightside steamcucks. My rarest steam cheevo will never change

>What if a user puts a million games in their shopping cart? It could crash their computer. You have to handle these sorts of things so it takes awhile to program.
just set a limit to the items? also epic store has less than 100 game. also it's relatively easy to program.

but most importantly, there are standards and already made libraries for the fucking shopping carts, you don't have to reinvent the wheel each time

>They are now considered standard features

Origin, Battle.net and Uplay still don't have user reviews.

GOG has user reviews but no Steam workshop for mods.

Read again

GOG GALAXY had more during its alpha than EGS had currently.
And GOG GALAXY is an optional client which isn't even that old. You either didn't read my post or you are a newfag and don't remember the time GOG had no client whatsoever and you only had the option to DDL all installers

>t-they've been around longer!!
>who cares if GOG has a fraction of the money and a fraction of the manpower that Epic has, it takes love and time!!

So you're saying Steam had stuff 10 years ago that EGS still doesn't have TODAY?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Aren't preloads like total scams?

Lol

github.com/opencart/opencart

woah, that was hard

>In the CD Projekt Red company update in June 2014, GOG.com announced that it would be bringing a Steam-like client, GOG Galaxy, to Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms.

GOG launched in 2018

Almost nobody knew about Ooblets, it wasn't even this well established game or anything that boomers paid for in advance like Shenmue 3 or Mechwarrior 5. I think it had to do more with the fact that it was the devs posts on his blog and discord that got peoples attention, and then it snowballed out of control for a game almost nobody really cares for anymore.

Epic, has games
Steam, has features but no games

Why would i use steam over epic? I'm here for games

I meant Epic Store launched in late 2018.

>On 15 October 2014 the open multiplayer beta of the GOG Galaxy client was started, accompanied by the giveaway of Alien vs Predator.

So GOG Galaxy has been around much longer.

Preloads are cancer anyway.

No? They usually do as they should. The unlock files take like 5 minutes maximum to download and apply.

Fuck on PS4 that shit is unlocked the second the timer hits 0

>all these shit heads replying to obvious bait

God steamcels are so retarded

It was destined to be an indie darling, just like Stardew Valley or Undertale. It already had a solid following.

Can you read?

GOG Galaxy in 2014 had more features than EGS has today. There is no excuse.

Attached: accurate steam comic 3.jpg (800x800, 199K)

>gog 1.0 was such a mess they dropped it and focused on the "new 2.0"
get over yourself

Well shit, I want to play it but Epic's really making it hard to like them.

Just pirate it, if it has Denuvo, then pirate it a couple weeks later then you normally would.

2.0 is just GOG Galaxy except it supports games from other platforms.

It's not a new client.

This is like saying car manufacturers have to start from Horses and carriages to compete with other major car manufacturers. You're retarded

Attached: 1556936671439.jpg (540x537, 58K)

2007 was more than a decade ago and 2010 was 9 years ago. Meanwhile the epic game store doesn't have a shopping cart

So once again randy and his team are the incompetent ones.

This comparison doesn't work because horses and cars aren't digital store fronts that can be updated for free

Steamcels are literal brainlets

>thread mocking EGS for being a pile of shit
>"m-muh steam"
unironically unequivocally kys yourself faggot

>the only good game they've made
What about unreal
And unreal 2
And the unreal tournaments

I wish I didn't have to use any store or launcher.. I like GOG because I can download my stuff onto my own drives.

I wish all those stupid bloated launchers just had an option to purchase as download on their websites.

I miss when steam was only “that one program I had to install to play half life 2 for some reason”

On the bright side, the PC finally got a true exclusive: storefront shitposting wars

>In 2007
You fucking chink ape it's 2019. The standards have changed.

>Steam invented reviews on the internet
>Steam invented online shopping carts
You're retarded

>I like paying for cracks

>you can't modify cars

Attached: sam.jpg (1187x668, 523K)

Remember that shopping carts were standard in 1998. Steam had no shopping cart till 2007, and it was released in 2003.

>In 2019 stores like Steam are built in months
You're a dumbass

yes the retards killed that off fornite as well

Jack Jazzrabbit

>Get blasted into the stratosphere
>c c cope
You sure showing us.

Attached: 1495834975870.gif (510x510, 690K)

Steam and Origin are unironically the only premier places to buy games on PC retard.

the main difference is that steam didn't need one in 2003

Because back then games were mostly physical and the concept wasn't even considered.

>its ok when epic does it

NOOOOOOOO STEAM WAS PERFECT AT LAUNCH AND EVERYONE LOVED IT AND I ARGUE THAT IT'S [CURRENT YEAR] LIKE I'M JOHN OLIVER BASED STEAM QUEEN SLAY

Attached: 1564509994023.png (785x1000, 254K)

Even the earliest of internet shopping sites had carts.

Reminder that cars couldn't go faster than 35 mph until 1900.
Reminder that cars didnt have rear-view mirrors until 1906, and even then it was only available in very few selected cars.

You have major issues.

I'd sooner buy from Epic than Origin; get fucked EA shill.

Wait, was it? I heard they made $3000 on Patreon, but I didnt know it was shaping up to be Stardew Valley or Undertale levels of huge.

>its ok that EGS is tight now similar to steam nearly two decades ago
Strange behaviour

>minor thing happens
>HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck off will you

t.dumbass

>I want a shopping cart so I can mindlessly mass purchase hundreds of literal garbage I will never play
>instead of having to think carefully about each purchase to ensure I get top quality product each time
Steamtrannies have literal mental illnesses.

What real exclusives have steam had other then valves own made games?

People only releasing on their platform due to the DRM it allows isn't really an exclusive thing.

>Pokemon/Stardew Valley hybrid with "wholesome" meme
what do you think user

True, steam started signing up exclusive contracts with major developers in 2005. Still, 2 years for shopping cart. I think epic may be as good as them

Fuck off ching chang chinaman

Steam drones literally love buying games they never play; I really don't get them.

Attached: disney afternoon steam.jpg (1005x726, 153K)

EA maybe shit but even they put more effort into there storefront than Epic.

why tf do we need competition when i bought most of the games in my library for under 10 bucks? Is it going to serve me better? Is it going to save me money? No, it's just going to inconvenience me like EGS is doing now. Furthermore, EGS is not competition because the two are not comparable.

Yea it's more of a monopoly thing

Post the copypasta,friend

Attached: 1565191739407.png (680x352, 171K)

lolno

Here's your looter shooter bro.

Attached: pronouns.png (590x454, 174K)

>being so easily shilled that you need the storefront to restrict your ability to purchase instead of just having self control

Origin had a shopping cart. Why couldn't Epic's store?

>Unchecked Market Control
That must be why GOG, Origins, Uplay, Bethesda launcher and the hundred of key selling sites exist. So much total control.

By the way, locking games not made by the company owning the online store behind an exclusivity deal is not competition,. It's a monopoly.

youtu.be/fDF-S68kx5o

Attached: 1565599383781.jpg (800x800, 472K)

Putting thought and time into buying multiple products at once, is more consumer healthy than literally buying a single game on a whim.

The person going to a store once in a while with a shopping list and cart, isn't a worse consumer than the one just going in every day and impulse buying a single worthless item.

steam only introduced achievements once some console games started moving to PC. thanks, consoles, for making gaming more cancerous by the minute.

Because they prioritized something else, dumbass

>DUR DUR WE HAVE HALO

Reminder the menu is powered by UE4 - so for every copy of MCC you buy, Epic gets a slice

OH NO NO NO NO

LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF GABEN'S GUNT

Attached: epic revenue steam 2.png (714x1017, 58K)

>Its good that I cant buy more than 2 games!
What a retard

I am glad that you stopped posting. I got a second-hand embarrassment just by reading this.

Epic is pro-customer, they want us to think about each purchase.

So epic is competing with 2006 steam? Good to know, they gave up then. They released a product planned to fail.

I don't care about all the EGS bullshit honestly, only game on there that I wanted is metro and I pirated it instead (started the game and uninstalled it after 5 minutes because I was too lazy). But these niggers copy with how barebones EGS client is is funny. Literally every other client has more features than EGS.

You say this like people using steam actually care about the success of the EGS. Imagine getting so excited by the health of some massive chink corporation

>so for every copy of MCC you buy, Epic gets a slice
why should i care? enjoy not playing halo menus on epic gay store, lmao

>chinks resort to the "b-but steam didn't have it a decade ago" argument
>don't realize that if tencent released its own console, it would have to have all the latest technological advancements and modern specs to even stand a chance against the old guard
Times change, insect. Adapt or die.

So far steam is failing hard, you can have a nice shop but if you have nothing to sell in it then who cares?

Absolutely assblasted, shitter shattered and rectum ravaged.

Literal coping mechanism posts, my man.

>pro-customer
Then why do they hate competition and love stealing data?

Not a fucking excuse at all. If you are entering a market to compete, you bring your fucking standards above 2006, and if not, no complaining when Steam runs your low options ass over. You cannot have your cake and eat it too here, you are either competing with Steam and failing, or not competing and losing to them.

Well sorry to disappoint but I'm still here retard.

I wouldn't count key selling sites as competition since you still have to participate in the Steam (or some other launcher) ecosystem to actually play the game.

>B b but muh revenue split
It's ok, Chang. Good lord you are easy to read.

I'm sorry I dont care user

I mean fuck epic and fuck randy, but this isnt really that big of a deal. If you're gonna shit on Epic, just shit on it for being trash in general

You got me there.

>coping for who gets unreal engine's fees
????

He's literally the trump of video games

I fully agree on this point. I think it's good that there are more competition, because steam has been shit in a lot of ways. The problem with EGS is there exclusivity deals.

There's also the inherent problem with these store fronts, that people don't want to start up, and have accounts for a million different programs to do the same thing. Maybe that can be fixed with that GoG thing. I don't really see why there couldn't just be a free interface for the consumer, which the different stores feed into trough their different API's and letting all of the things like transactions, servers, and downloads occur in the back.

No wonder why this thread is still on going. People were too busy calling out a retard (you).

>Full control over supply
>No close substitutes
>Downward sloping demang curve
>Price maker
>Firm is itself an industry
>Barriers to entry
When all of those conditions are met, you have a monopoly. How many does Steam have Chang, you dog eating cretin?

It's current year now though

I'm sorry that tim wants you to actually think about your purchases instead of mindlessly funding garbage sweaty

>implying
Ask Nintendo babbies about their Switch web browser and folders

>No shopping cart
>No pre-load support
Oh boy

I dont know man, all those EGS exclusives sold what, 250-500k copies? Risk of Rain alone sold 2mil, and steam takes 30% from that + no paying up for exclusivity.

Yeah, prioritizing in sucking ass.

So you'll be happy to give money to Epic when you buy your copy of Halo MCC? Based

Epic getting UE4 money should bother you... but you're not that principled, Steam cuck. Keep giving Epic money.

>B but nintendo!

>pre-loaading
The absolute state of North American internet

Fuck the Epic store but Steamdrones are pathetic creatures.

>Risk of Rain alone sold 2mil, and steam takes 30% from that + no paying up for exclusivity.

So Risk of Rain 2 sells 1 million copies x $20=$20,000,000

But factor in Steam's 30% cut, and it's down to 14,000,000

But Satisfactory sells 500,000 copies x $30=15,000,000

And you factor in Epic's 12%, that's down 13,750,000

So in the long run, Satisfactory will make way more money than Risk of Rain 2, especially with the cash injection from Epic for the exclusivity.

And I'm not even accounting for Gearbox's 10-15% they get from the ROR2 devs (Oops, that's gotta hurt)

Attached: risk of rain satisfactory.jpg (753x905, 146K)

All i remember from this egs and steam stuff is users from egs using steam forums to ask for help solving tech issues of whatever game because egs doesnt even have forums or whatever for each game

Based

I don't have a PC and never go to steam, and Epic fucking sucks because it is lacking basic features, and defending this by saying being outdated should be expected is retarded, and you should be called a idiot for doing so.

>no you
wow you got me, brainlet

None of that confronts how retarded it is for Epic to have a feature poorer version of an application they're trying to usurp.

They never answer..

Satisfacyory didn't sell that much ;)

Console friend defending steam. Epic confirmed to be a better option.

But anyway, i never said about anything you are accusing me of. I'm simply saying the one with games is going to win, because it's the only thing that really matters.

Why the fuck do so many chinks get to post here

But we are talking how much money Tim vs Gabe does?

You really have to be a special kind of retard to even think that this comparison means anything.

>Steam cuck so triggered he made up a fake definition of monopoly
Yikes

>>You really have to be a special kind of retard to even think that this comparison means anything.

Attached: angry face.jpg (480x480, 90K)

Found your old comment, steamdrone

Attached: 2509712751.png (1106x71, 14K)

They buy Yea Forums passes.

Attached: 1514756802506.jpg (585x466, 82K)

F

2010 was almost a decade ago, senpai

The fucking state.

>you can't modify a car
Are Chinese IPs banned yet?
These shill retards have to be stopped.

vocaroo.com/i/s04OvwnDHFxq

Attached: 15491011024.png (645x729, 131K)

>makes up fake narrative about consoles
>no, that's not true
>but consoles!
t.brainlet

It doesn't take that long to introduce those features though, those features were current at that point in time.

>Valve invented this concept
kek

You can feel the secret seething of the Steam drone that made this

So, what does the future hold for the epic store?
Will they keep being so "nice" to all the indie (and non indie) devs once they have consolidated a substitutional user base?

>ITT we act like it's 2001?

Probably because achievements became a thing in 2005 when Microsoft did it first with Microsoft's Xbox 360 Gamerscore system

In 2007, Valve became the second large publisher to release a platform-based, multi-game achievement system for their Steam platform, eventually capturing a wide number of Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, and SteamOS based games.

In 2008, Sony followed suit by offering Trophies for the PlayStation 3.

So Steam was the second platform on the planet to get achievements.

Sony and Xbox had reviews but only a star review system that doesn't allow text.

reminder that you're in 2019 and EGS still doesn't have shit.

kek

They are nice to all devs. Remember the revenue split

GoG has no reviews, and there is only a handfull of games with archivments. We hate GoG too now ?

Their future holds bleeding money and slowly crippling themselves trying to keep Fortnite relevant.

>feels the need to shit talk a 9-month-old store
steamdrones feeling more insecure every day

GoG doesnt have an army of skills trying to claim its superior to steam at the behest of insectmen

Yes, but Steam never bought out games to force consumers to use its platform rather than others. Despite not having certain features, it gained its market share with what features it did have, not with exclusivity contracts.

GoG doesn't have a horde of paid shills on Yea Forums constantly spewing lies.

>Fortnite
>dying anytime soon
don't hold your breath

I thought Sweeney didn't want garbage on his platform hmm

They already tell most indies to fuck off. They only want indies with already established fanbases and hype.

People do claim that actually, very often in fact. But based on the amount of revenue gog is earning we can assume they are full of shit and talk about GoG to get social credits for being diffrent

>Their future holds bleeding money and slowly crippling themselves trying to keep DOTA 2 relevant.

GOG has tons of Yea Forums shills though that don't mention that some games have Steam workshop features while the GOG version doesn't

Attached: twitch steam dota.jpg (1327x869, 409K)

I feel like GoG can get away with a lot of stuff (as if reviews and achievements really matter), because they offer an alternative with different ideals than steam. I don't really use GoG, so I might be wrong, but their anti DRM ideals lend them a different user base then steam.

why does every fucking epic thread have the most reddit-tier posts from epicfags
seriously
why

Attached: 1551507051747.gif (400x225, 950K)

yea that's why he wants you to actually you to think about your purchases for once

You don't have a word for slowly in chinese?

>fortnite dies to some new fad
>epic store has no means of keeping up the service
>epic losers lose all their games
>steam still working as the standard most reliable store for buying video games online.

only a complete retard doesn't see this future happening sooner than later.

And why do Epic haters format their posts like retards like yourself?

How long was league of legends on the top?
How long until the next mediocre, free to play, competitive, ranking game takes fortnites place?

What do you see wrong in that definition?

>B-BUT WHY DONT YOU HATE THEM TOO?????

like a literal fucking toddler ratting on other kids to try and get out of trouble.

epic fails are the worse fanbase.

Yeah you Steam drones have a great eye for quality

Attached: artifact stats.jpg (1628x811, 238K)

is right. I thought about it and decided not to buy from the epic store at all.
Thanks Sweeney.

>complaining about the lack of a feature exclusive to pre-orders
JUST DON'T FUCKING PREORDER.
Especially not Randy's crap.

>Epic haters

that's just called "normal people"

tencent is throwing money for exclusives left and right to prevent exactly that from happening
by banking on exclusives they also don't have to worry about basic features expected from a shop in 2019 like a shopping cart or reviews, because you'll buy it anyway

>epic still doesn't have anything in twenty19

>like retards like yourself
Stop murdering the english language, chink.

I played it like once because I'm a fan of Valve's own games but even I can't defend Shartifact

based

>muh steam!
>muh gaben!
Kys

>everyone who's against epic is defending artifact
EPIC

you think fortnite isn't dying soon?

wait 1 or 2 years until another huge fad gets the attention of the kids.

Fortnite is the fidget spinner of video games.

>kys
kill yourself

>Steam drones bring up Fortnite
>NOOOOO YOU CAN'T BRING UP SHARTIFACT

Cringe

Damn I guess that excuses EGS for having 2006 standards

GoG offers you ability to download and install games wherever you want without bothering with the DRM crap. Perhaps Epic should also copy that if they are so great.

The redditors are goldfish, attention spans so short they already forgot PUBG and Dayz before that

>So, what does the future hold for the epic store?
I have really no idea, because the shit shop doesn't seem to be good for anything except exclusives, but they have to pay for the exclusives so they don't actually get money from those. So we've got a shop which does not sell things which make a profit, it only sells things which make a loss. It seems almost paradoxical.

Where's the huge selection of games to choose from? Where's the incentive to use EGS as a general-purpose store and not as the shitty exclusive tax system? What's the point of having a store if you have to pay sellers extra on the side in order for them to use it? It's all so nonsensical, it's like Timmy had too much money and decided to fuck around for laughs, I can't see how this store is going to establish itself as a general-purpose alternative. Epic isn't even selling all their own games on their own fucking shop, for fuck's sake. They're selling them on Steam and GOG instead.

Epic store as a service won't be kept alive by a few forgetable exclusives from 2019.

when fortnite dies, so do all the exclusives they have, most likely you will be given a key to have those same "exclusives" on steam if you're lucky.

I don't understand the point you're trying to make. Artifact is shit, so no one on steam is playing it. How does that make it seem we don't know quality when we see it? Are you fucking special?

>GoG has no reviews

You'd think Epic store shills would do some basic research before talking shit

Attached: gogreviews.jpg (1188x734, 138K)

>2018
>just a few more months til the next Fortnite, you'll see
>2019
>just a few more months you'll see

>they don't understand that epic store is a temporary service

oh my....

I don’t think there’s been as obvious and concerted a shilling effort as Epic, this is truly an amazing showing. Multiple daily threads all made by the same small handful of people, the same replies, the same tactics, the same pictures. This mist be the largest cooardinated effort in Yea Forums history.

Isn't this proof that Steamcucks aren't sucking Valves dicks at any moment though?

>comparing a game regularly played in the thousands by literal idiots from egs to a game not even played in the hundreds anymore and recognized as shit even by most "steamdrones"
please stop forcing this false equivalence

>Taking a day off to go play a video game
Pathetic

No, it's like this
>Steam store as a service won't be kept alive by a few forgetable features and no games.

>when steam dies, so do all the exclusives they have, most likely you will be given a key to have those same "exclusives" on epic if you're lucky.

Yea Forumsalve drones shilled it for months you stupid nig.

boards.fireden.net/v/search/filename/artifact/type/op/page/12/

This is the post of the thread and all threads. The only people emotionally and Invested are obvious shills. Everyone here has used steam and gog, and would probably use epic without a care If it wasn’t for the exclusive shenanigans.

>you will be given a key to have those same "exclusives" on steam if you're lucky
With the kind of attitude towards paying customers EGS devs seem to have you'd be lucky to get a snarky tweet making fun of you for giving them money, if you're getting anything at all.

if they knew how to do any research at all they wouldn't be epic shills.

epic fails are the anti-vax moms/flat-earthers of videogames.

Is Minecraft considered dead to you? Because that's still huge and also 8 years old
>but Minecraft is different

Fortnite is still huge but the popularity definitely peaked in 2018, Minecraft is a bigger normie game right now

Reminder that Epic shill shitposting is done by an INCREDIBLY mentally ill shitposter that only makes threads on Yea Forums to bait (You)s and shit up the board.
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/WSy_ouMSe8D9vnJxSM7clA/
Here he fucks up during posting the shitpost copypasta for Monster Hunter World with a picture that he uses for Epic shill copypasta:
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/469888450/#469893201
Furthermore:
(Dead) (Dead)
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/VUZPRTcNwwesiYdQAjFhkw/
And you can expect the OP to quickly become a copy paste for him to spam as well.
The mods have confirmed that this guy is a huge autist that uses proxies to evade range bans and creates endless shitty threads, because he has nothing better to do with his life.

Attached: 1565481493165.jpg (518x710, 87K)

no it's because steamdrones won't leave valve to go to epic because the game is shit so obviously you're all just steamdrones and you are silly

>replied to his own stupidity in the same post.

welp...

>EGS have no pre-loading
>Steam have no games

Attached: 1561192763191.jpg (1024x584, 81K)

KWAB

>implying
People have a problem with Epic because of the (marginal) association with China. It could have all of Steam's features and people would still be tinfoiling that Xi Jinping is gonna take their credit card number

>Steam store as a service won't be kept alive by a few forgetable features and no games.

Yeah, it's not like you have to have steam to play Monster Hunter World, Devil May Cry 5 or Sekiro on PC.

>in the long run
every time people say this I want to punch them

unlike the epic store, people use steam for the convenience of the service and not for valve's games.

as said before, as soon as another fad comes in and fortnite dies, so does the store that's directly tied to it.

True, the only reason steam is still alive is due to all time exclusives.Epic at least is not afraid to compete after short exclusivity period

how do you pre-load no games?

sorry if i just blew your little epic fail mind

Valve had hordes of chinese shills defending artifact since day 1. Every once in a while a few pop up to defend it and demand you buy it.

So I can either use Steam or wait a decade for Epic to catch up?

nah, you're just a dumbass. Fortnite isn't going anywhere. Stop dreaming steamcuck

That was the point, there is no reason to have pre-load when you don't have games my drone friend

You misunderstand. These are not exclusives that had to be negotiated to be released on Steam. Devs just didn't bother releasing it anywhere else because they don't think that other stores are just not worth the bother.

>expecting epic store to still exist in a decade

kek

Never happened

>the largest game store in the world has no games

literally non ironically retarded

>shopping cart
>long term

Attached: scout from hl2.png (211x208, 19K)

Where do you think tenamen posting start dumb steam shill

>wojackposting
>most of them from epic
I wish eps shitposting is automatically filtered to /trash/

Attached: 1478159176561.jpg (680x686, 78K)

lmao

Attached: 1559701243594.gif (483x556, 3.77M)

>steam is a monopoly!
>Also steam has no games!
Which is it?

wtf I hate the epic games launcher now

Don't forget that Steam is the easiest online store to get into. All you need is an initial payment and not break any laws and you are good to go.
That does have it's downsides but still, I doubt other game stores would host Senran Kagura, Hatred or literal porn.

Hey Wang Chen!

Attached: wang chen.png (1920x1080, 1.51M)

i love these threads, shitting on epic fails is easy as fuck, it's like beating up a retarded toddler.

then again, fortnite and epic fail fans are under 18 so it's literally beating up a retarded toddler.

Because Epic is owned by people connected to an authoritarian regime.

It's not a secret that steam offers huge publishers such as origin and uplay other terms of services. At one point steam run out of ea keys for ea games for fuck sake, and in normal terms they could literally print them. But that info is not public

Preloading implies preordering, which Tim despises. Unironically based as fuck

>STEAM HAS NO GAMES!
>meanwhile my steam account alone has more games than the entire epic store library

>Fortnite is a cash cow
>Cant even add a shopping cart to your ugly looking store that even the most shady backwater polish key reselling site has

No it from steam sending shill from China holly fucking you dumb steaming done not know how to read how you even breathing fffuck

>Epic has Borderlands but no preload
>Steam has preload but no Borderlands
Tim sweeney wins again

Steam is the innovator. There's no reason for a modern game store not to have these thing. Even uPlay and Origin have these things and people considered them bloatware for years.

>he doesn't have gigabit internet
Must suck living in a 3rd world country.

A toddler who's disgustingly rich and has backing from the largest Chinese multimedia company.
I think that's a big part of why people dislike Epic, they can offer a worse service, abuse their employees and create an unhealthy market. But it doesn't matter, because their pockets are deep enough to get over anything.
Basically Epic is the guy who succeeds not because of merit but because he is rich, and we are all peasants.

At this point Tim is just doing it to troll the Gabe nipplesuckers

So let us not forget that almost every indie release ever is on Steam. Meanwhile Epic lacks Shovel Knight which released everywhere else simply because devs didn't think that bothering with releasing it on Epic has any point.
Steam is a go-to store for everyone, Epic needs to bribe every single exclusive they have.

>more than 6 months for a fucking shopping cart

Attached: maxresdefault-2.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

Come back when you are able to write a coherent sentence in English retard.

Yeah thank god you ain't admin

>Because a store had next to no features 10 years ago, it's okay for a modern store to have none! Especially even though literally every other webstore program includes all of those features!

>shopping cart
>6 months

Attached: 4wIFPzFcGrxiBiUD6BfqvM6tSGSS1y3XaOROwo7Q7GI.png (320x568, 348K)

>fuck you gwelio

yeah thank god we have such quality discussions like this

Not even tencent has infinite money to throw into a hole. EGS will shut down sooner or later if they keep failing to be an attractive storefront.

Steam was also a piece of shit that used to crash all the fucking time. No one gave a fuck about steam till the orange box is on the map. That might as well have been it's birth.
Steam set the framework and it's not fucking hard to copy. It doesn't take years to copy the standard. It should take a few months at most.

in most of the US, yes. 90% of americans are cucked by ISPs

aren't there services like squarespace that could just do this for them

Reminder that most egs shills are Europeans trying to boycott steam because it is american.
I am from Thailand and I hate Am*ricans and Eur*peans, but I hate ch*na more than both combine. If Europe wants to back china then they make enemy from me. All are insects.

Okay that would make sense if Epic wasn't American as well

Not 6 months

+6 months. Which means it will take longer than six months. One year? Two years?

steam cuck so triggered he talks to himself

t.racist
Epic is American you idiot.

Reminder to kill yourself before 2020

It's gonna be funny seeing the shitstorm when they finally add a shopping cart

Why can't the Chinese make a proper store? Not enough gutter oil in their bodies to keep them running properly?

This post triggered all the Steam cucklords

China owns epic if china own steam then I would support gog but gog has no games I plays. Just because china only have 49% doesnt mean they have no power, they have the most power because they can work behind the shadows. China is very scary.

Hasn't it been the better part of a year and a half already, with shopping cart sitting in 6+ Months all the while?

>China owns epic
That's wrong dumbass

They are dependent on how good Fortnite does, but even without that they are licensing the Unreal Engine which also makes quite a bit of money.
The issue is that since they aren't a publicly traded company we can't determine anything with precision. All we have is information they publish voluntarily.

It's called Steam time, look it up.

>getting backed by big ass conglomerate Tencent chink company
>can't implement simple features

kill yourselves Epic drones

>that last one
that's some fast and furious shit right there, what the fuck

Attached: download.jpg (222x227, 8K)

lmao

Attached: Capture.png (608x250, 32K)

You just wanted to see that eye icon turn red every 10 seconds. Right user?

Attached: 1562699220187.png (834x733, 419K)

EGS will never be seen as anything but the place that had to bribe its way into the market. Only gimmicks will keep people coming back on their own. Free games? Timmy said that they're only doing it for this year. Profit cuts? As a consumer, who gives a shit. It won't result in cheaper games for me because trickle down has been debunked decades ago.

Impulse and Gamersgate did nothing special, and does anyone even remember that they exist? EGS is forced to buy exclusives indefinitely and pray that publishers don't succumb to backlash, because they ain't gonna get business otherwise

>3 companies on record for attacking "review bombs" don't implement reviews, despite them being a comment section with a thumbs up/down attached
>this fully discredits the basic idea of taking the ideas you enjoy from a competitor and coding them in a timely fashion somehow
smoothbrain

I hope Tim "Mussolini" Sweeney never adds a shopping cart. Add everything else except the cart just to trigger steam babies

>tweet made in April
>it's now August and the Septic Game Store is still a featureless piece of shit.

Attached: Swagnus the Rad.jpg (468x810, 116K)

Even Alphabet can't keep their shitty pet projects like Google+ on life support forever, and they've got more money laying around than Epic.

Thank god i have a wishlist to stop me from buying literal garbage.

Good thing it's 2019

>user reviews
huh? I thought the whole point of the epic store was to not have user reviews?

aside from outright lying, shit like xfire was enough competition for them back then to force them to actually grow and make today-standard features

They're opt-in reviews so you can only review a game if the dev allows you to and only if you give them a free blowjob.

They're opt in. In other words, if major publishers outsource their port job to kazakhstan they can just disable reviews so everyone buys it not knowing it's a broken piece of shit that they can't refund

controller customization is a pain in my ass and now I can't use my fucking controller because steam thinks I'm trying to take a screenshot every two seconds. I don't need steam to read my inputs, I need it to start a game and then go away

>pretending to be retarded and hide behind passive agressive """humour""" to cope with the fact that your inferior platform is universally despised and the only thing that keeps it afloat is money supply from chink overlords
>trolling

Attached: 1565634472790.jpg (250x400, 16K)

I remember seeing this list a couple of months ago, like in march or april, did they just sit on their exclusives and did jack shit to improve their store since then?

now wait a second, they get money from dumb kids buying llamas in fortnite too

>game that costs more money makes more money
stonks

>seething this much
Succesfully trolled

No one here is going to listen to you, chink. Give it up.

New thread

I mean the fucking Bethesda launcher has fucking preloading.

Trolling by pretending to be an epic shill is pathetically low hanging fruit and I can't believe people still respond to it. I like to think that's other people pretending to be retarded, but I know it's not likely.

>i won't listen to you!
Steambabby lost

New thread

>le shill
maybe some people don't give a shit about preloading or shopping carts
just a theory, dumbass

>He feels the need to be a corporate whore

This is actually what mental illness looks like

Try telling any potential customers that your competitions product used to be shit to justify why your product is really shitty, they would laugh at you for being a retard.

t. gabe cock sucker

Have sex, then you won't have to do things like this for fun.

>Randy's best estimate for a shopping cart takes six months to happen
>In reality it didn't even happen yet along with the majority of the features promised
Imagine unironically defending Epic like that one shill

New thread

This thread doesn't exist anymore

Things like what? Make steambabbies seethe?
They already do that on a weekly basis without my help

>b-but i wanted to play borderlands
too bad, gabe cock sucker. cope

I'll pray for you, everyone deserves to find love.

Nobody gives a shit about the game, what people cared about was the fact the dev was a major asshole to all his supporters along with the fact "journalists" and epic pretended he didn't do anything wrong, course you think its okay because in China the best outcome is being a bootlicker

risk of rain discordfags spamming shit and borderlands shit on Yea Forums
Speedonvhs steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046326332
Hazmat steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049410653
adamantium steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198035794621/
Big Bear Detektiven Jimmy steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198057150680
zerraina steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055405629

Sorry user but sucking on gabe's nipples doesn't mean you found love

I think the guy fell for his own shitposts and became an unironic shill, its the only plausible explanation by this point

Nice straw man
U r rly smart