Is this any good? Also, why didn't they use the superior CGI box art?

Is this any good? Also, why didn't they use the superior CGI box art?

Attached: C05ED82A-E293-4D2D-BF9D-EEF5173D939F.jpg (1280x720, 133K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EXLMuvVQg54
youtube.com/watch?v=T8ouebDoA3U
youtube.com/watch?v=_9KtqzN8epk
youtube.com/watch?v=BroB8vFCUyY
youtube.com/watch?v=uqDngxj3o2c
youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4A0IhX5uU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I didn't like it as a kid so I can't imagine it's any good now.

Attached: 1539503234951.jpg (491x542, 74K)

it is great.
Depends on how much you like the idea of 3D Metroidvania in an FPS form.

Attached: 1437389448805.jpg (1280x720, 112K)

Why didn't you like it?

I don't really remember but I do remember playing it and wanting to like it cause it had dinos.

Amazing game. Dated gameplay now, but when it came out was legit amazing. Very difficult. Rewards exploration. Very cool weapons, especially for the time.

Turok 2 is also incredible, but is a much different game.

I wish we would've gotten a 1:1 remake with new models and textures. The game looks kind of ugly by modern standards. Also, when you decrease the fog, it messes some things up, like those boulders that fall in the 2nd level. You can see them floating in the sky, where before they'd be hidden. Also, yeah, I'm not a fan of that cover art. It looks ok, but a bit rushed.

It holds up surprisingly well, I guess the only flaw I see is the enemies re-spawning, specially when you are trying to figure out where to go next, but it inst super bad.

>play the PC remaster
>get nauseous
What the hell? I have never gotten any sort of motion sickness from playing games except this one. What settings should I use to avoid this?

Yes, it's fantastic. A brilliant 90's era fps that was ahead of its time in many ways. It is the only good game in its series though, unfortunately all the sequels were ass that lacked all of what made it so unique and special.

So, does anyone like both Turok 1 & 2? I keep seeing people like one and dislike the other.

Stop being a graphics whore.

I do, though I am not a huge fan of either one.

Head bob?

2 doesn't hold up that well, the objectives can get annoying and confusing.

Anyone who prefers 2 never played the first one, or were too stupid to understand what it was and just have bad taste. 2 is a boring, linear corridor shooter with way less impressive animations, gore, music, level design, etc. 1 is a masterpiece and wholly unique.

I like them both. T2 has more confusing level design, but better combat, graphics, boss fights, and weapons. Also a pretty decent multiplayer. It's not as straightforward as the original, but is still worth your time if you liked T1.

The third one is not good at all.

i like both but 1 is better

2 is one of those games where it does like 8 things at once and doesn't know what it wants to really be, so its just kinda mediocre

I used to think as a kid it was the worst piece or bullshit fucking cunt game ever because the platforming was impossible.

I realised after the update that the game just handles jumping differently than literally every other game.

Where in 99% of games you jump BEFORE you to off the edge. You jump right at the edge of a platform right?

Well in Turok you actually are supposed to run right off the edge and then jump midair as your about to start falling. All the jumps are spaced this way. It you try to make the jumps by jumping right before you go off the ledge you won't make it. If you run off the edge completely then jump mid air you will easily make every jump in the game.

2's levels can be really confusing since a lot of the levels look the same and you can get lost a lot.

Also the music wasn't that good either. youtube.com/watch?v=EXLMuvVQg54

Attached: HIVES.jpg (2000x1569, 1.07M)

Still some of the best death animations in gaming.

The auto shotgun model gets me rock hard. I really love how the guns look in this game. Even the swirly rockets are cool.

Old box art didn't even feature the protagonist of Turok 1.

Attached: Joshua.png (800x580, 934K)

I like both but ultimately I felt like 1 was the superior title. I love the guns and gore of the second game but the gunplay, movement, and boss battles of the first pushed it ahead of 2.

Turok, help!
Thank you, Turok!

Attached: turok help.jpg (1280x720, 67K)

I have that turned off.

I wish Turok had more dinosaurs to hunt and less screaming men and fucking annoying water lizard things

Attached: THANK YOU, TUROK.gif (260x221, 773K)

>Dinosaur Hunter
>you fight humans, demons, robots, cyborgs, undead, insectoids, aliens, monsters, and mixtures of the above 75% of the game
Guess I really can't complain, there's so much enemy variety.

youtube.com/watch?v=T8ouebDoA3U
youtube.com/watch?v=_9KtqzN8epk

It's worth giving it a second chance. The PC remasters make it feel like a totally different game. It's much faster, less fog, and feels a lot like playing Quake in Unreal 1 levels.

Don't talk shit about 2's music. While I prefer 1's jungle beats, 2's orchestral soundtrack is amazing.

youtube.com/watch?v=BroB8vFCUyY
youtube.com/watch?v=uqDngxj3o2c

It sounds like you’re describing why T1 is bad.

I recall liking Turok 2 more a while back.

But now, I prefer the original.

I still enjoy both of them.

Child rescued

You know what user... I don't have shit to play right now and just cause of your post I will give it a second chance. If this thread is still up in a few hours I'll come back and let you know how it went.

Attached: 1549853223348.gif (303x307, 1.24M)

That's ok but stop posting anime girls. No one wants to see that shit. It makes your posts look ridiculous. Have fun killing those dinosaurs.

>stop posting anime girls. No one wants to see that shit.
Impostor, leave this place!

Attached: where do you think we are.jpg (510x755, 122K)

but what if i really like posting anime girls?

Attached: 1552936597190.jpg (510x329, 33K)

*just picked up Turok 2 remaster.*

It's difficult to understand the dialogue.

See? That's an improvement over You're learning. That's good. Go play Turok.

Holy shit this is probably the calmest I've ever seen people on Yea Forums behave
Is the end of Yea Forums near

Attached: images(4).jpg (250x202, 11K)

What kind of a question is that? There is not "but what if". I told you it makes your posts looks stupid. That's it. You should stop doing it. Unless you want to continue looking stupid really badly.

kek

Yeah, whoever did the sound mixing fucked up.

fine but only cause I like you and I don't want to ruin this post

Yeah, but it looks better.

Nah, it's just with some franchises there's not a lot of baggage that makes people angry enough for angry shittalking. Turok, Pikmin, and some others come to mind.

Speak for yourself, faggot.

Attached: vlcsnap-2019-04-16-09h39m23s550.png (1920x1080, 1.69M)

Have fun.

Attached: 1514553484864.jpg (900x675, 102K)

Why did Japan get the proper box art?

Attached: 355925-turok-dinosaur-hunter-nintendo-64-front-cover.jpg (800x1103, 199K)

Nobody has links to either the Turok or Turok 2 soundtrack by any chance? Talking about the bandcamp releases not gamerips of course.

Why didn't they just use this for the remaster?

Turok rage wars when?

>Turok has green blood

I had Rage Wars for the N64 when I was a kid. My first Rated M game. I could never beat the 'solo' mode of the game and I couldn't figure out why until years later I saw that the cartridge I had was glitched and the company later sold a 'fixed' cartridge version.

Turok is great fast paced fun but i preffer Turok 2 for the variety of worlds, weapons and more complex level designs.

It's not for everyone. It IS a challenging game where blindly going full Rambo will only get you killed. I however love challenging games therefore I love Turok.

I'm sure there's a download somewhere but in the meantime here's this, from the composer himself.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mt4A0IhX5uU

Thanks

Anyone else prefer playing at the original FOV?

Fuck no.

N64 version is shit,but the pc version is playable
It's a bit like quake but the latter is better

So, wider is better even if it looks warped and fucked up? Or is the original simply too small?

Original is too small. I can deal with it if I'm playing the original N64 version but on my PC I need to up it to around 100-110, which has the added benefit of making the game feel faster.

I.....AM TUROK

AH.....AM TWOROCK

you now hear the sound the cerebral bore makes as it digs into the skills of your enemies

Attached: cebreal bore.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

*skulls

fuck
guess i gotta use it on myself

There's a consolewar cancer thread up so no.

I love Turok and love Anime girls.
Fuck out of here poser

Attached: 1360979821680.jpg (538x500, 47K)

Anybody play this?
Is it fun at least?

Attached: header.jpg (460x215, 52K)

they probably thought it was dinosaur blood
which is still silly

Don0t think so, green is often used to "censor" blood

Attached: ganonblood.jpg (418x133, 11K)