The original DMC does not get the recognition it deserves. 3 is pretty great too, don’t get me wrong...

the original DMC does not get the recognition it deserves. 3 is pretty great too, don’t get me wrong, but I really think they peaked with this first entry. would be interesting to see Kamiya get involved in the franchise again at this point.

Attached: D6E87411-2D61-484B-A344-0430E085BE84.jpg (800x500, 34K)

1 and 2 are shit 3 is where the fun begins and anything before that should be discarded.

go play sekiro or something you mong

DMC1 turning out as good as it did was a total fluke since he wanted to shove QTEs in the game and not even have a jump button at all. Fuck that, keep him away as far as possible from this series.

I do love dmc1 but id rather see kamiya makig new games so we can keep getting bayo1 and w101, im done with dante as well id preffer if 5 was just a Nero game

I had no clue, that’s pretty interesting, do you have a sauce on that? imagining the game without jumping is quite difficult, especially for boss fights like Griffon and Nelo Angelo

What do you mean no recognition? Pretty much everyone agrees it completely defined its own goddamn genre. It got rave reviews and sold like fucking hotcakes.

There was an interview about it, I've seen posted on here plenty of times. Original game was called Karnival or something retarded. I'm sure an user on here has it on them.

>I had no clue, that’s pretty interesting, do you have a sauce on that? imagining the game without jumping is quite difficult, especially for boss fights like Griffon and Nelo Angelo

It's from the 3142 artbook.

Kamiya also wanted Devil May Cry to be called Karnival but the other devs hated the name.

I’m more referring to the discussions nowadays where people call it dated and irrelevant in comparison to newer entries like 3 and 5. see for proof of this retardation

Wow what a unique opinion, I have totally not seen this thread hundreds of times on Yea Forums.
You are incredibly new or lying.

It was alright for the time it came out but nowadays it's just outdated. It tries to be RE1 and DMC3 at the same time and does neither well.

I love DMC1 to death but the rest of the team had to actively stop him from doing retarded shit, he can stay on twitter.

see I don’t know why you’re even trying to argue this when you can see it happening in this very thread

I'd be fine with a game closer to 1 but Kamiya's only gotten worse honestly. 5 minutes of jarring and kinda bad underwater gameplay in DMC1 has morphed into like a third of The Wonderful 101 being godawful variety sections and minigames.

The two primary things that DMC1 holds over its successors are

>level design (tying into the level art direction)
>enemy design

It's no mistake that many of the best enemies of the series come from 1. And they keep getting reused. Because they're just so fucking good... in part because they had to be because of the whole '1 enemy type per room' so the movesets had to be more varied. Level design is extremely lacking the more the series goes on. 5 honestly has it the worst because the moment you leave behind the city 80% of the game is just the same fucking ugly stupid tree. Which is a shame because the city areas are pretty good, though a bit boring. I really miss that otherworldly, eldritch feeling of 1's spooky castle.

did they recover Kamiya's body yet? was bayonetta 3 ever more than a logo?

DMC1 is only good for it's atmosphere and even that is better in 3.

Attached: 2737474784.jpg (2560x1920, 1.43M)

DmC had better levels than DMC1. The atmosphere people talk about is not something the game excels at anyway. Compare it to something like Bloodborne and it looks like a childs game.

DMC1 also has the most unfitting enemy designs for any kind of horror atmosphere. The enemy designs in 3 and 5 are way more consistent with the tone those games try to set up.

DMC 3/4/5 had such great combat mechanics, that when people say "DMC1 aged poorly" they're comparing DMC to its own sequels. Aside from this being kind of goofy, I'll argue the look and feel of DMC is still quite unique within its own series, and that is a damn shame.

yeah I get that impression too. I get that a lot of diehard action fans conflate greater gameplay depth with overall game quality but I think that’s a bit misguided. the relative simplicity of DMC1 allowed for generally more cohesive design (excepting those weird underwater bits and the hidden missions)