8bitdo SN30 Pro+

So how is it?

Is the D-pad decent?
How is the input latency?

Attached: 61bDjij6xOL._AC_.jpg (1359x1069, 98K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uifrmWMKibo
focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-ps3-ps4-to-ps2-ps1-adapter/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Convenient thread. I hope it's good since I just ordered one after my shitty USB snes controller died on me.

I'm also looking for a controller with a decent d-pad and thought about getting the one in the op.
If any of you guys have suggestions let me know.

This one was the only decent d-pad I've found on the Switch yet. The problem is the lack of analog sticks.
If you want to use on PC or other devices then I think a Dualshock 3 or 4 are better options.

Attached: .jpg (1300x780, 70K)

Dpad feels passable at worst. Maybe not as good as SIXAXIS pad, but inputs might be better - I dunno, haven't really tested it so far, but it's OK.

Latencies tested wired on PC were good to great - nin parity with best latencies of other devices tested. Wireless latencies on PC were comparable to Switch Pro controller ON a Switch.

Tested on Switch, Latencies were a little worse than Pro - but since the same behavior wasn't present in previous model, may a matter of firmware.

May depend what you're buying it for. As a 'classic' controller for PC, it's top notch. Would recommend over PS4 unlike because it's otherwise better value, EXCEPTING cases where you have one for PS4 in the first place. Dat battery tho

Are the sticks in a comfy position? I like my SN30 but having no handles makes the sticks only good for light use in 2D-focused games.

Might pick this up for my retropie and also to play more puyo puyo tetris.

To me the sticks feel basically identical to a dualshock 4

Should I wait to see if the PowerA fusion fightpad is any good or just buy a run and tested Hori Fighting Commander for fighting games?

Attached: whichone.png (802x592, 313K)

>8bitdo
>SNES style controller
>SNES was 16bit
???

This thing is great. I use it for anythibg dmthat doesnt need thumbsticks. Got mine from gamestop when they were essentially giving them away for 12 bucks each.

How are the saturn ones?

>8bitdo SN30 Pro
>comfy shit
>start drifting
WTF bros I thought drifting is exclusive to Nintendo?

Attached: 1510298665613.gif (352x224, 866K)

Why is start/select off center?

Got one myself, can concur with most of this - it is basically a DS4 in the style of a SNES controller and if what you want is a "classic-style" controller for general use on your PC it's probably the best on the market currently, but if you already have a DS4 you don't need it.
Dpad is nothing special. It's functional, no ghosted inputs or anything. Feels a little stiff when compared to say the iBuffalo. Overall it's fine, have had no problems with the dpad. I don't think I'd want to play a fighting game with it, but if I really had to I think it would work.
>Tested on Switch, Latencies were a little worse than Pro - but since the same behavior wasn't present in previous model, may a matter of firmware.
It is, they fixed this in a firmware update.
As for how it compares to the Pro controller, it's about on par and comes down to the Pro controller's HD rumble and personal preference for controller layout as comparing points. It's also $20 cheaper so there's that.

I like it, personally. I've been using it as my main controller since I got the thing a few days ago. It feels good to hold, feels very premium, nothing about it feels cheap.

Attached: sn30p.jpg (1500x960, 306K)

gotta say I'm real fucking sick of the 8bitdo shills on here now, you're so transparent it's embarrassing.

>still waiting on mine
>delivery date is wednesday
>even though it shipped last wednesday

Attached: 9f1.jpg (550x413, 85K)

>make a wireless controller with paddles and motion
>requires AA batteries
>no USB port
Why is every Switch controller a Monkey's Paw deal?

Attached: file.jpg (420x336, 16K)

Cheap chinkshit controllers drift too.

>no rumble
every fucking time

I don't give a shit about rumble, and it's always the first thing I turn off for any console I buy, but the rest of the shit is terrible. It's always 2/3 of those at best.

the playstation d-pad still hasnt been topped. This is way better for diagonal movement and more precise and doesnt hurt

Attached: 71d%2BmlMDLgL._SX385_.jpg (385x302, 11K)

It was topped even before it came out.

Attached: SaturnPad.jpg (1138x692, 358K)

youtube.com/watch?v=uifrmWMKibo

They ended up fixing the latency issue based on the latest firmware. This is coming from the latest comment.

The ps1 dpad isnt anything spectacular.
Overrated as well.

DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY GOOD THIRD PARTY PS2 CONTROLLERS?

MY DS2 FINALLY DIED, I JUST WANT TO PLAY MY PLAYSTATION 2 GUYS

Attached: 1499233377225.png (1800x1578, 199K)

Why did you quote me, that doesn't make sense

Same manufacturer. The PowerA fight pad isn't coming out for another couple of months anyway.

Then what is your dpad of choice hm?

bankai

are they respectable and of quality? Would hate to buy an expensive but crap controller and not be satisfyed, I know for sure the Hori is a good pick, but I heard alot of legends about the saturn style dpad

The Logitech ones are nice, absolutely wonderful and tactile dpad

Attached: 41W3NRY3QCL.jpg (500x390, 29K)

>These literal, absolute, honest to fucking christ shills who talk about how incredible these controllers are but can only ever seem to post the stock images

I bought one of your pieces of shit and had to exchange it like four times before I gave up and returned it, you fucking chink cocksuckers

8shitdo threads should be a permanent IP ban immediately

Attached: trump yell.jpg (1440x959, 140K)

Never bought anything from them. The Hori pad is a bit expensive, though.

I can buy it for 40 bucks new, I don't think it's not a bad deal

For what it is, it seems like a lot. I got the Pokken controller for $15.

Yeah But I wouldn't play tekken with the pokken controller, at that point I would use my PS3 controller

I also wouldn't buy a wired controller with barebones functionality for anything more than $30.

how much of a bitch would it be to use this between both Switch and PC and re-pair every couple of days? I mean, on paper, it should just be a couple of button presses but I can see the thing shitting itself over it, like bluetooth always does

What's a good pc controller with a solid d-pad for older games, I don't care if it has analog sticks or not. Should I just go with a Dualshock 4 anyway?

Get a Saturn controller with an adapter.

did you actually turn this into a copypasta, what the fuck.

i'm not taking another picture of my controller, fuck you.

The ideal IMO is to get an official SNES controller and a USB adapter. None of these knockoffs/call back controllers ever feel like a proper SNES controller; the buttons and dpads are always too stiff or clicky. I have the SN30 pro and everything about it is worse than my actual SNES controller

The SNES's dpad is slightly mushy with a lot of sensitivity so that rocking your thumb on the pivot feels light without any resistance, and the buttons have very little give. Nice smooth presses without a noticable click. Everything feels weightless without also feeling cheap. It's perfect

No clue why this is so hard to replicate

t. shill
I've seen the exact same images posted over and over of people blindly praises these controllers as the second coming of christ. I have one, they're not very good. They're cheap and they feel cheap with mediocre build quality.

This guy has the right idea. There is probably already a controller you like, go for that one. Personally I love the pokken controller (clicky dpad) but I only bought one after I tried my friend's so I knew I'd like it.

Real SNES is always the best, but iBuffalo are a decent sub. D pad will make your thumb sore after awhile like you mentioned though.

if it makes me korean back dash and eletric wind god fist, even if bare bones, it's as good as it gets

post a pic then, reverse shill

*blocks your path*

Attached: wii_u_classic_controller_pro1.png (1920x1403, 993K)

>not sold anymore
Know of any PS2 controllers still being sold?

Attached: DSC_0017.jpg (3840x2160, 2.6M)

My favorite d pad is sadly locked to the worst handheld, the vita. After that I like the snes one best

OK you're alright
Do you think these are good enough for casual play?

seriously

Attached: 20190715_174527.jpg (4032x3024, 3.87M)

depends on what games. Despite it being the part I see praised the most, the dpad on them isn't very good - it's overly sensitive on the diagonals and I find mispresses happening often. Sticks have a bit of recoil to them (i.e. flip them up quickly and it'll register slight downward movement as it recenters); shoulder buttons are uncomfortably small and only register a press properly in the middle; bluetooth connection can be spotty (even using latest firmware); rumble feels weak. On the plus side, the face buttons are good, slightly clicker than an SNES pad but I like that; gyro is surprisingly really good for a third party controller; battery life is decent.

There are definite shills making these threads, though. Don't trust anyone posting stock images with nothing but high praise. Personally, I'd only recommend them if you find these controllers for cheap somewhere at a discount. They ain't worth full price.

This is just my own personal thing but I would never play any game seriously with a wireless controller, you're just asking for trouble

you can use these wired on a PC, don't think there's any way to get the model I have working wired on switch though.

My friend just got his in, I didn't buy one but I tried it myself on my PC and switch. The triggers feel so mushy and awful, the d-pad is mediocre at best and the thumbsticks are just okay. Absolutely doesn't feel like a $50 controller, feels cheap. I guess being able to mess around with the controller firmware is nice, but I'm pretty sure there's already software out there to do that to xbone and ps4 controllers too.

Attached: 1557776828755.jpg (340x255, 12K)

focusattack.com/brook-super-converter-ps3-ps4-to-ps2-ps1-adapter/

Attached: file.png (1247x953, 1.75M)

is there any way to use this on a pc like with og xbox controller?

Here you go faggot.

Attached: 20190812_121251.jpg (3264x2448, 1.96M)

So wait a minute, what is the real consensus because it's more of a mixed response?

adequately mediocre

Is PSvita d pad better or this one? I consider that one to be clicky yet feels pretty good.

If you have a switch, enter controller calibration mode and see if it responds correctly.
In my 8Bitdo Sn30 Pro, the analog stick does not work properly and if you move about 50% of the total stick stroke, it is already considered 100% on the Nintendo Switch. The last update does not correct this error.

8/10: it's perfect - ign

Close to the best controller available. Only things it's missing are the ability to work wired and

Can any anons speak to the battery life?

* and analogue triggers
I accidentally post all the fucking time because I accidentally hit the tab button at the wrong time.

Fighting commander is pretty good. You won’t regret the purchase

I use the magic NS adapter with my switch and PC and it works like a charm, although I think it adds a bit of latency on switch. It's the perf controller if you don't need exactly frame-perfect inputs, or analogue triggers (which I hate)

>analog sticks on a """retro""" controller

Attached: 1323851451224.jpg (200x281, 15K)

Is the dpad better than the switch pro? That's all I need. I want to play Tetris without accidentally dropping my pieces.

the analogue sticks are there for retro games that use the analogue sticks

Attached: nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.jpg (600x512, 26K)

All I want is a clicky d-pad.
I fucking hate the mushy shit that passes for a d-pad nowadays.
The switch joycon button "d-pad" would be great if only it had a pivot instead of being 4 separate buttons.
What I really want, though is for companies to do away with d-pads altogether and put in the microswitch stick from the neogeo pocket in their controllers instead.

buy a fightstick then you dipshit

ah, yes, the famous SNES analog sticks™. Anything with an analog stick is not retro

Attached: 1532061046718.jpg (1440x1301, 684K)

are the triggers still digital on this thing?

Do you not consider n64 and ps1 retro?

So exactly is the difference between the Pro+ and the regular Pro?

Attached: 9d3db188782e02392d63de705bb784d2b32446188a530fd26f120d0adafc39b1.jpg (600x535, 98K)

Does it rumble?

If not, then it's shit.

One has grips, removable/replaceable battery pack, improved triggers and macro options.

How does this differ from a SN30pro connected via cable?

Yes it does.

It's powered by your social credit score.

Holy fuck, then it's based

Attached: 1538323228753.jpg (600x800, 116K)

Yes it does, the vibration is much stronger than on the regular sn30 pro

Analog triggers, grips, larger shoulder buttons. They also have a software to modify deadzones on sticks and triggers, map button macros

So are the 8bitdo the best Switch Pro Controller alternative or is there something better? I don't feel like paying $70 for a controller.

If the lack of analog triggers don't concern you it's perfect.

> fucking hate the mushy shit that passes for a d-pad nowadays.

The NES pad was mushy. SNES was mushy. Genesis was mushy, n64 was mushy. Dpads have always generally been mushy. I cant think of a single one that was micro switched. And that's not a bad thing, the SNES dpad is fucking perfect. You dont want something you're rocking the ball of your thumb over to have a ton of resistance

Xbone controllers have really clicky dpads if you really want one though

The Pros shoulder buttons are digital as is, you're not losing anything there

Digital buttons are better anyway

It's an all-purpose controller that simply looks and feels like a retro controller. It says that specifically on their website and shows them playing fucking Tomb Raider 2013 with it.

you do know they have retro style controllers with no sticks right?

My only question is which of thes third party has the best d-pad?

The iBuffalo.

I don't usually care about analogue triggers, but it is a bit of a pain in the ass for some GameCube games without them.

Have you used a Vita? You probably haven't cause, you know, it's the Playstation Vita it did horribly, but it has a microswitch D-Pad and it feels fucking amazing. It's very easy to use and it has GREAT feedback.

One is shit, and so is the other.